Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Tanino H, Ito H, Banks S, Harman M, Matsuno T. Use of a deep polyethylene liner for the treatment of recurrent dislocation. Hip Int. 2010;20:269-72 pubmed..Surgeons should consider the articular geometry of the polyethylene liner as an important design parameter, and we recommend that deeper polyethylene liners be considered for treatment of recurrent dislocation after primary THA...
- Miyamoto T, Tsujimura A, Miyagawa Y, Koh E, Namiki M, Horikawa M, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in HORMAD1 may be a risk factor for azoospermia caused by meiotic arrest in Japanese patients. Asian J Androl. 2012;14:580-3 pubmed publisher..Both SNP1 and SNP2 were associated with human azoospermia caused by complete early meiotic arrest (P<0.05). We suggest that the HORMAD1 has an essential meiotic function in human spermatogenesis. ..
- Mamuti W, Yamasaki H, Sako Y, Nakaya K, Nakao M, Lightowlers M, et al. Usefulness of hydatid cyst fluid of Echinococcus granulosus developed in mice with secondary infection for serodiagnosis of cystic Echinococcosis in humans. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2002;9:573-6 pubmed..HCF of E. granulosus, obtained from laboratory mice with a secondary infection with hydatid cyst tissue homogenates, appears to be highly useful for the serodiagnosis of CE in humans and may be useful in domestic animals. ..
- Yoshida A, Feke G, Mori F, Nagaoka T, Fujio N, Ogasawara H, et al. Reproducibility and clinical application of a newly developed stabilized retinal laser Doppler instrument. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;135:356-61 pubmed..To describe a newly developed stabilized retinal laser Doppler instrument, to report the reproducibility of retinal blood flow measurements, and to present examples of its clinical application...
- Shuke N, Okizaki A, Kino S, Sato J, Ishikawa Y, Zhao C, et al. Functional mapping of regional liver asialoglycoprotein receptor amount from single blood sample and SPECT. J Nucl Med. 2003;44:475-82 pubmed
- Okuyama M, Yamaguchi S, Yachiku S. Identification of bikunin isolated from human urine inhibits calcium oxalate crystal growth and its localization in the kidneys. Int J Urol. 2003;10:530-5 pubmed
- Takeuchi M, Taniguchi T, Fujisawa H. Identification and characterization of nuclear localization signals of CaMKP-N. J Biochem. 2004;136:183-8 pubmed..A cluster of basic residues in the NLSs is important for their function. NLS1 and NLS2 function independently, but mutagenesis analysis suggests that these NLSs interact with each other. ..
- Ito H, Matsuno T, Minami A. Pre-coated femoral components in hybrid total hip arthroplasty. Results at 11 years. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005;87:306-9 pubmed..The mean Harris hip score at follow-up was 84 points. A pre-coated femoral component with a second-generation cementing technique provides good clinical function and survival in the medium term. ..
- Kobayashi H, Ngato T, Sato K, Aoki N, Kimura S, Tanaka Y, et al. In vitro peptide immunization of target tax protein human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-specific CD4+ helper T lymphocytes. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:3814-22 pubmed..Our data suggest that HTLV-1 Tax protein could serve as tumor-associated antigen for CD4(+) helper T cells and that the present epitopes might be used for T-cell-based immunotherapy against tumors expressing HTLV-1. ..
- Kato Y, Yamaguchi S, Hori J, Okuyama M, Kakizaki H. Improvement of stone comminution by slow delivery rate of shock waves in extracorporeal lithotripsy. Int J Urol. 2006;13:1461-5 pubmed..Slow SW rate contributed to better stone comminution than fast rate, particularly for small stones and renal stones. ESWL treatment at a slow SW rate is recommended to obtain efficient stone fragmentation. ..
- Motomura W, Yoshizaki T, Ohtani K, Okumura T, Fukuda M, Fukuzawa J, et al. Immunolocalization of a novel collectin CL-K1 in murine tissues. J Histochem Cytochem. 2008;56:243-52 pubmed..It is of interest that this profile of CL-K1 expression is unique among the collectins. Together these histological findings may be useful for understanding the biological function of this novel collectin. ..
- Sawaki W, Kinouchi R, Kato Y, Takahashi T, Kawai M, Yoshida A. [Case in which the unilateral intraocular pressure before hemodialysis was higher than the day following hemodialysis]. Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi. 2009;84:5-8 pubmed..In some cases, the IOP can vary between before and the days following dialysis. It is important to check the IOP at these time points. ..
- Okizaki A, Shuke N, Sato J, Maruyama N, Haneda M, Aburano T. Transient brain hyperperfusion detected with I-123 IMP SPECT in a patient with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Nucl Med. 2009;34:601-3 pubmed publisher..Two months later, the hyperperfusion was disappeared. The hyperperfusion could be explained by inflammatory changes...
- Suzuki S, Fujisawa D, Hashimoto K, Asano T, Maimaiti M, Matsuo K, et al. Partial paternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 6 in monozygotic twins with transient neonatal diabetes mellitus and macroglossia. Clin Genet. 2010;78:580-4 pubmed publisher..The phenotypes other than diabetes observed in patients with partial pUPD6 may differ from those observed in patients with complete pUPD6...
- Igawa S, Kishibe M, Murakami M, Honma M, Takahashi H, Iizuka H, et al. Tight junctions in the stratum corneum explain spatial differences in corneodesmosome degradation. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:53-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that TJs inhibit access of proteases to the peripheral corneodesmosomes forming the structural basis for the basket-weave-like appearance of the stratum corneum. ..
- Sato K, Torimoto Y, Hosoki T, Ikuta K, Takahashi H, Yamamoto M, et al. Loss of ABCB7 gene: pathogenesis of mitochondrial iron accumulation in erythroblasts in refractory anemia with ringed sideroblast with isodicentric (X)(q13). Int J Hematol. 2011;93:311-318 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that loss of the ABCB7 gene may be a pathogenetic factor underlying mitochondrial iron accumulation in RARS patients with idicXq13. ..
- Miyamoto T, Koh E, Tsujimura A, Miyagawa Y, Saijo Y, Namiki M, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the LRWD1 gene may be a genetic risk factor for Japanese patients with Sertoli cell-only syndrome. Andrologia. 2014;46:273-6 pubmed publisher..The genotype and allele frequencies in SNP1 and SNP2 were notably higher in the SCOS group than in the control group (P < 0.05). These results suggest the critical role of LRWD1 in human spermatogenesis. ..
- Minami Hori M, Honma M, Fujii M, Nomura W, Kanno K, Hayashi T, et al. Developmental alterations of physical properties and components of neonatal-infantile stratum corneum of upper thighs and diaper-covered buttocks during the 1st year of life. J Dermatol Sci. 2014;73:67-73 pubmed publisher..Although physical properties of neonatal-infantile stratum corneum (SC) change drastically after birth, precise developmental alterations of specific sites have not been fully elucidated...
- Sasamori T, Hida K, Yano S, Asano T, Seki T, Houkin K. Long-term outcomes after surgical and endovascular treatment of spinal dural arteriovenous fistulae. Eur Spine J. 2016;25:748-54 pubmed publisher..For the purpose of justifying endovascular embolization as a first-line treatment for SDAVF, it will be necessary to show further improvement in both the initial treatment success and the complication rates. ..
- Kihara H, Terai H, Kihara Y, Kihara T, Takahashi H, Kosuda A, et al. [Pheochromocytoma of the left retroperitoneal paraganglion associated with torsade de pointes: a case report]. J Cardiol. 1997;30:37-44 pubmed..The diagnosis was pheochromocytoma in the left retroperitoneal paraganglion. The tumor which was removed measured 70 x 65 x 60 mm in size. Microscopic examination revealed the characteristic patterns of pheochromocytoma...
- Saijo M, Suzutani T, Murono K, Hirano Y, Itoh K. Recurrent aciclovir-resistant herpes simplex in a child with Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome. Br J Dermatol. 1998;139:311-4 pubmed..Diminished sensitivity of HSV-1 TAR and R95 to aciclovir was associated with reduced viral TK activity and loss of aciclovir phosphorylation activity. ..
- Kato K, Matsuda M, Onodera K, Sakata H, Kobayashi T, Kasai S. Angiolipoma of the colon with right lower quadrant abdominal pain. Dig Surg. 1999;16:441-4 pubmed..An angiolipoma is a common benign neoplasm with a characteristic vascular component that occurs in the subcutaneous tissue and rarely in the gastrointestinal tract. We report on a 69-year-old man with a submucosal angiolipoma in the cecum...
- Kurokawa Y, Ishizaki E, Inaba K. Bilateral chronic subdural hematoma cases showing rapid and progressive aggravation. Surg Neurol. 2005;64:444-9; discussion 449 pubmed..Mixed high and low intensity in T2WI or low intensity in T1WI is the most predictable factor to show rapid aggravation. ..
- Takahashi S, Ohinata J, Makita Y, Suzuki N, Araki A, Sasaki A, et al. Skewed X chromosome inactivation failed to explain the normal phenotype of a carrier female with MECP2 mutation resulting in Rett syndrome. Clin Genet. 2008;73:257-61 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that mechanisms other than XCI may contribute to the phenotypic heterogeneity associated with MECP2 mutations. ..
- Sakata H. Comparative study of 5-day cefcapene-pivoxil and 10-day amoxicillin or cefcapene-pivoxil for treatment of group A streptococcal pharyngitis in children. J Infect Chemother. 2008;14:208-12 pubmed publisher..0%) of the AMPC treatment group. Five days of treatment with CFPN-PI was as efficacious in bacteriological eradication and clinical response as 10 days of CFPN-PI or AMPC treatment. ..
- Al Haggar M, Bakr A, Tajima T, Fujieda K, Hammad A, Soliman O, et al. Familial hypomagnesemia with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis: unusual clinical associations and novel claudin16 mutation in an Egyptian family. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2009;13:288-294 pubmed publisher..Mutations of the claudin16 gene (CLDN16), formerly called paracellin-1 gene (PCLN-1), have been linked to FHHNC...
- Shibukawa K, Miyokawa N, Tokusashi Y, Sasaki T, Osanai S, Ohsaki Y. High incidence of chromosomal abnormalities at 1p36 and 9p21 in early-stage central type squamous cell carcinoma and squamous dysplasia of bronchus detected by autofluorescence bronchoscopy. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:81-7 pubmed..The AFB system was able to reveal abnormal autofluorescence in these precancerous lesions, including squamous dysplasia. ..
- Yanagida T, Matsuoka H, Kanai T, Nakao M, Ito A. Anomalous segmentation of Diphyllobothrium nihonkaiense. Parasitol Int. 2010;59:268-70 pubmed publisher..The morphology of the tapeworm did not correspond to any of the described cestodes. However, molecular identification based on nuclear and mitochondrial genes clearly showed the tapeworm was Diphyllobothrium nihonkaiense...
- Sakata H. Evaluation of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of early-onset group B streptococcal infection. J Infect Chemother. 2012;18:853-7 pubmed publisher..The present prophylactic measures such as screening of maternal GBS carriers and intrapartum antibiotic administration are inadequate to decrease the occurrence of early-onset GBS infection. ..
- Wada N, Watanabe M, Kita M, Matsumoto S, Osanai H, Yamaguchi S, et al. Effect of imidafenacin on nocturia and sleep disorder in patients with overactive bladder. Urol Int. 2012;89:215-21 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of imidafenacin on nocturia is attributable to an increase in bladder capacity and a decrease in nocturnal urine volume. We conclude that imidafenacin is an effective and safe drug for nocturia in patients with OAB. ..
- Nakao M, Yanagida T, Konyaev S, Lavikainen A, Odnokurtsev V, Zaikov V, et al. Mitochondrial phylogeny of the genus Echinococcus (Cestoda: Taeniidae) with emphasis on relationships among Echinococcus canadensis genotypes. Parasitology. 2013;140:1625-36 pubmed publisher..canadensis strains have been important for epidemiological considerations. However, the taxonomic treatment of the strains as separate species or subspecies is invalid from a molecular cladistic viewpoint...
- Takihara Y, Inatani M, Ogata Iwao M, Kawai M, Inoue T, Iwao K, et al. Trabeculectomy for open-angle glaucoma in phakic eyes vs in pseudophakic eyes after phacoemulsification: a prospective clinical cohort study. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2014;132:69-76 pubmed publisher..clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: University Hospital Medical Information Network Clinical Trials Registry of Japan UMIN000001196. ..
- Nakajima N, Kusumoto K, Onishi H, Ishida M. Does the Approach of Disclosing More Detailed Information of Cancer for the Terminally Ill Patients Improve the Quality of Communication Involving Patients, Families, and Medical Professionals?. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2015;32:776-82 pubmed publisher..63; p = 0.020, 0.0082, 0.0057). This study revealed that disclosing more detailed information of cancer for terminally ill cancer patients contributed to improving the quality of communication, irrespective of the stage of disclosure. ..
- Uehara J, Ohkuri T, Kosaka A, Ishibashi K, Hirata Y, Ohara K, et al. Intratumoral injection of IFN-? induces chemokine production in melanoma and augments the therapeutic efficacy of anti-PD-L1 mAb. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:521-527 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that IFN-? induces the expression of CCL5 and CXCR3 ligands in melanoma, which could play a role in T-cell recruitment, and enhances the efficacy of anti-PD-L1 mAb treatment in a CD8-dependent manner. ..
- Fujita Y, Fujikane T, Fujiuchi S, Nishigaki Y, Yamazaki Y, Nagase A, et al. The diagnostic and prognostic relevance of human telomerase reverse transcriptase mRNA expression detected in situ in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma. Cancer. 2003;98:1008-13 pubmed..0029, P = 0.0012, P = 0.0237, and P = 0.0496, respectively). The findings suggested that hTERT mRNA expression may be useful for the diagnosis of NSCLC and also may be an independent prognostic factor for patients with NSCLC. ..
- Hirata S, Sasajima T, Yamazaki K, Sugimoto H, Miyokawa N, Tokusashi Y. [Basaloid-squamous carcinoma of the esophagus: report of a case]. Kyobu Geka. 2002;55:515-8 pubmed..According to the prognosis, eventually the patient died of pneumonia due to methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and candida 4 years and 9 months after the surgery...
- Tanaka H, Yamamoto M, Hashimoto N, Miyakoshi M, Tamakawa S, Yoshie M, et al. Hypoxia-independent overexpression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha as an early change in mouse hepatocarcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11263-70 pubmed..These findings suggest that the reciprocal activation of PI3K/Akt signaling and HIF-1alpha may be important in the progression of hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Nagato T, Kobayashi H, Yanai M, Sato K, Aoki N, Oikawa K, et al. Functional analysis of birch pollen allergen Bet v 1-specific regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:1189-98 pubmed..The identified promiscuous MHC class II epitope capable of inducing suppressive Treg responses may have important implication for the development of peptide-based Ag-specific immunotherapy to birch pollen allergy. ..
- Ohtake T, Saito H, Hosoki Y, Inoue M, Miyoshi S, Suzuki Y, et al. Hepcidin is down-regulated in alcohol loading. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2007;31:S2-8 pubmed..Alcohol loading down-regulates hepatic hepcidin expression and leads to the increase of iron absorption from the intestine. ..
- Saijo Y, Ueno T, Hashimoto Y. Job stress and depressive symptoms among Japanese fire fighters. Am J Ind Med. 2007;50:470-80 pubmed..Further prospective studies are needed to clarify the influence of these stress factors on other health outcomes, and to elucidate whether alleviation of these stress factors improve the mental health among fire fighters. ..
- Sawada J, Yamashita T, Aizawa H, Aburakawa Y, Hasebe N, Kwak S. Effects of antidepressants on GluR2 Q/R site-RNA editing in modified HeLa cell line. Neurosci Res. 2009;64:251-8 pubmed publisher..It may be worth investigating the in vivo efficacy of antidepressants with a specific therapeutic strategy for sporadic ALS in view. ..
- Shindo M, Sato K, Yamamoto M, Toki Y, Hatayama M, Ito S, et al. Development of POEMS syndrome after an initial manifestation of solitary plasmacytoma. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:815-821 pubmed publisher..This is to our knowledge the first case of osteosclerotic plasmacytoma that progressed to POEMS syndrome, with an increase of sVEGF. ..
- Nagaoka T, Yoshida A. Relationship between retinal fractal dimensions and retinal circulation in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Curr Eye Res. 2013;38:1148-52 pubmed publisher..37, p?=?0.0002) and RBF (r?=?0.22, p?=?0.026) in the retinal venules. The Df might be associated with changes in the retinal circulation in patients with type 2 DM. ..
- Ishida Y, Murai K, Yamaguchi K, Miyagishima T, Shindo M, Ogawa K, et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of dasatinib in the chronic phase of newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemia. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;72:185-93 pubmed publisher..3, respectively). These results suggest that the anti-leukemic activity of dasatinib exhibits in a time-dependent manner and that exposure for more than 12.8 h at time above IC50 CD34+cells could significantly improve prognosis. ..
- Ogino T, Bandoh N, Hayashi T, Miyokawa N, Harabuchi Y, Ferrone S. Association of tapasin and HLA class I antigen down-regulation in primary maxillary sinus squamous cell carcinoma lesions with reduced survival of patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:4043-51 pubmed..Furthermore, defects in tapasin and HLA class I antigen expression in primary maxillary sinus SCC lesions may play a role in the clinical course of the disease, because these defects were associated with poor prognosis. ..
- Nozawa H, Takahara M, Yoshizaki T, Goto T, Bandoh N, Harabuchi Y. Selective expansion of T cell receptor (TCR) V beta 6 in tonsillar and peripheral blood T cells and its induction by in vitro stimulation with Haemophilus parainfluenzae in patients with IgA nephropathy. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;151:25-33 pubmed..These results suggest that TCR V beta 6-positive tonsillar T cells might be activated by H. parainfluenzae, move into the kidney through blood circulation and induce glomerulonephritis...
- Kusakabe H, Yanagimachi R, Kamiguchi Y. Mouse and human spermatozoa can be freeze-dried without damaging their chromosomes. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:233-9 pubmed..Freeze-dried human spermatozoa well maintained their chromosomes without pre-freeze-drying incubation in Tris-buffered EGTA solution. ..
- Ito A, Okamoto M, Li T, Wandra T, Dharmawan N, Swastika K, et al. The first workshop towards the control of cestode zoonoses in Asia and Africa. Parasit Vectors. 2011;4:114 pubmed publisher..hyaenae and other Taenia species from the wild animals in Ethiopia, and 5) how to detect echinococcosis patients and 6) how to differentiate Echinococcus species worldwide. Such important topics are summarized in this meeting report. ..
- Hayashi S, Kumai T, Matsuda Y, Aoki N, Sato K, Kimura S, et al. Six-transmembrane epithelial antigen of the prostate and enhancer of zeste homolog 2 as immunotherapeutic targets for lung cancer. J Transl Med. 2011;9:191 pubmed publisher..These observations may facilitate the translation of T-cell based immunotherapy into the clinic for the treatment of LC. ..
- Mikuni I, Harada S, Yakushiji R, Iwasaki H. Effects of changing from sevoflurane to desflurane on the recovery profile after sevoflurane induction: a randomized controlled study. Can J Anaesth. 2016;63:290-7 pubmed publisher..This study protocol was registered at http://www.umin.ac.jp/ctr/index.htm , (UMIN000009941). ..
- Motomura W, Inoue M, Ohtake T, Takahashi N, Nagamine M, Tanno S, et al. Up-regulation of ADRP in fatty liver in human and liver steatosis in mice fed with high fat diet. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:1111-8 pubmed..All these results suggest that ADRP is up-regulated in liver steatosis in human and mice, and that high fat diet increases expression of ADRP through PPARgamma activation, followed by induction of liver steatosis. ..
- Awaya T, Ohtaki K, Yamada T, Yamamoto K, Miyoshi T, Itagaki Y, et al. Automation in drug inventory management saves personnel time and budget. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2005;125:427-32 pubmed..The automation system in the drug inventory management allows creating new clinical positions for pharmacists. This system also could pay for itself in time. ..
- Ikuta K, Yersin A, Ikai A, Aisen P, Kohgo Y. Characterization of the interaction between diferric transferrin and transferrin receptor 2 by functional assays and atomic force microscopy. J Mol Biol. 2010;397:375-84 pubmed publisher..The difference in the binding properties of Tf to TfR1 and TfR2alpha may help account for the different physiological roles of the two receptors. ..
- Tanano I, Nagaoka T, Sogawa K, Tani T, Omae T, Nakabayashi S, et al. Impaired systemic vascular endothelial function in patients with branch retinal vein occlusion. Curr Eye Res. 2013;38:114-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that BRVO is associated with generalized endothelial dysfunction and that impaired systemic endothelial function may be associated with BRVO. ..
- Yamasaki H, Nakao M, Sako Y, Nakaya K, Sato M, Mamuti W, et al. DNA differential diagnosis of human taeniid cestodes by base excision sequence scanning thymine-base reader analysis with mitochondrial genes. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:3818-21 pubmed..saginata, T. asiatica, and two genotypes of T. solium. This approach provides a useful tool for the identification and diagnosis of human taeniid cestodes without DNA sequencing if nucleotide sequence databases are available. ..
- Miyamato T, Sato H, Yogev L, Kleiman S, Namiki M, Koh E, et al. Is a genetic defect in Fkbp6 a common cause of azoospermia in humans?. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2006;11:557-69 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the human FKBP6 gene might be imprinted in the testis based on an analysis using two polymorphism sites. ..
- Nakao M, Xiao N, Okamoto M, Yanagida T, Sako Y, Ito A. Geographic pattern of genetic variation in the fox tapeworm Echinococcus multilocularis. Parasitol Int. 2009;58:384-9 pubmed publisher..The nuclear DNA sequence for the immunodominant B cell epitope region of ezrin/radixin/moesin-like protein (elp) was extremely conservative, indicating that the elp antigen is available for immunodiagnosis in any endemic areas. ..
- Yozu A, Haga N, Funato T, Owaki D, Chiba R, Ota J. Hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy types 4 and 5: Review and proposal of a new rehabilitation method. Neurosci Res. 2016;104:105-11 pubmed publisher..We believe that these findings represent outcomes of deficient motor learning. We propose a new rehabilitation method for patients with HSAN-4 and -5, with the aim of decreasing their destructive injuries. ..
- Suzuki A, Toyama Y, Katsumi N, Kunisawa T, Sasaki R, Hirota K, et al. The Pentax-AWS((R)) rigid indirect video laryngoscope: clinical assessment of performance in 320 cases. Anaesthesia. 2008;63:641-7 pubmed publisher..It can be useful in routine anesthesia care and may be advantageous in the situation of unanticipated difficult intubation. ..
- Ueno N, Fujiya M, Moriichi K, Ikuta K, Nata T, Konno Y, et al. Endosopic autofluorescence imaging is useful for the differential diagnosis of intestinal lymphomas resembling lymphoid hyperplasia. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2011;45:507-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, AFI is considered to be an effective procedure for determining the accurate stage and appropriate therapy in intestinal lymphoma. ..
- Kitada M, Sato K, Matsuda Y, Hayashi S, Tokusashi Y, Miyokawa N, et al. Ectopic thymoma presenting as a giant intrathoracic tumor: a case report. World J Surg Oncol. 2011;9:66 pubmed publisher..No continuity with the normal thymus tissue was seen, and the thymoma was considered to be derived from ectopic thymic tissue in the pleura. ..
- Ito A. Serologic and molecular diagnosis of zoonotic larval cestode infections. Parasitol Int. 2002;51:221-35 pubmed..differential serodiagnosis of these three diseases, (2). molecular identification of human taeniid species and (3). polymorphism of mitochodrial DNA highly informative for future molecular epidemiology are reviewed in this article. ..
- Yokota H, Takahata O, Sengoku K, Okada H, Iwasaki H. [Anesthesic management of a patient with Stickler's syndrome]. Masui. 2006;55:1487-9 pubmed..Care should be taken when planning anesthesia for a case of this syndrome because airway management is often difficult and emergency surgery for detached retinas might be required. ..
- Honma M, Namikawa K, Mansur K, Iwata T, Mori N, Iizuka H, et al. Developmental alteration of nerve injury induced glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) receptor expression is crucial for the determination of injured motoneuron fate. J Neurochem. 2002;82:961-75 pubmed..These findings suggest that the receptor expression response after nerve injury is critical for the determination of injured motoneuron fate. ..
- Ishida Y, Abe Y, Yanai M, Kobayashi H, Harabuchi Y. Identification of human T-cell epitopes and highly immunogenic analog peptides on the non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae P6 outer membrane protein. Clin Immunol. 2006;121:90-9 pubmed..These peptides may be candidates for a peptide vaccine formulation effective against NTHi infections, even in otitis-prone children. ..
- Nomura Y, Tanabe H, Moriichi K, Igawa S, Ando K, Ueno N, et al. Reduction of E-cadherin by human defensin-5 in esophageal squamous cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:71-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, E-cadherin expression in squamous cells was reduced by HD-5 using in vitro experiments. In gastro-esophageal junction, HD-5 produced from metaplastic Paneth cells may therefore accelerate the initiation of BE. ..
- Nomura Y, Abe Y, Ishida Y, Kobayashi H, Harabuchi Y. Promiscuous peptides on the nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae P6 outer membrane protein. J Clin Immunol. 2008;28:361-9 pubmed publisher..Our present results indicate that these peptides would be candidates for a widely applicable peptide vaccine formulation. ..
- Ito A, Nakao M, Wandra T, Suroso T, Okamoto M, Yamasaki H, et al. Taeniasis and cysticercosis in Asia and the Pacific: present state of knowledge and perspectives. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2005;36 Suppl 4:123-30 pubmed..saginata morphologically, it is time to re-evaluate T. saginata in Asia and the Pacific. New and broad-based surveys across this region are necessary from epidemiological and public health perspectives, based on evidence. ..
- Saijo Y, Utsugi M, Yoshioka E, Horikawa N, Sato T, Gong Y, et al. The relationship of gamma-glutamyltransferase to C-reactive protein and arterial stiffness. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2008;18:211-9 pubmed..007, p=0.82). These results suggest that GGT is independently associated with an increased level of CRP in both males and females. In addition, in males, GGT is related to an increased level of arterial stiffness. ..
- Ishida Yamamoto A, Deraison C, Bonnart C, Bitoun E, Robinson R, O Brien T, et al. LEKTI is localized in lamellar granules, separated from KLK5 and KLK7, and is secreted in the extracellular spaces of the superficial stratum granulosum. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;124:360-6 pubmed..Our data provide new insights into the biological functions of LG and the pathogenesis of NS. ..
- Okamoto K, Tanaka H, Ogawa H, Makino Y, Eguchi H, Hayashi S, et al. Redox-dependent regulation of nuclear import of the glucocorticoid receptor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:10363-71 pubmed..Taken together, we may conclude that redox-dependent regulation of nuclear translocation of the GR constitutes an important mechanism for modulation of glucocorticoid-dependent signal transduction. ..
- Tobisawa S, Honma M, Ishida Yamamoto A, Saijo Y, Iizuka H. Prognostic factors in 105 Japanese cases of mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome: clusterin expression as a novel prognostic factor. J Dermatol Sci. 2013;71:160-6 pubmed publisher..The most significant prognostic factor for survival of MF and SS was the presence of extracutaneous disease. Clusterin expression was shown to be a novel unfavorable prognostic factor. ..
- Kato Y, Wada N, Numata A, Kakizaki H. Case of hypoparathyroidism, deafness and renal dysplasia (HDR) syndrome associated with nephrocalcinosis and distal renal tubular acidosis. Int J Urol. 2007;14:440-2 pubmed..Nephrocalcinosis and recurrent urolithiasis will strongly affect renal prognosis in this case and we consider that citrate medication is an effective therapy in avoiding progress of her nephrocalcinosis...
- Tanaka H, Li Z, Ikuta K, Addo L, Akutsu H, Nakamura M, et al. Iron facilitator LS081 reduces hypoxia-inducible factor-1? protein and functions as anticancer agent in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:767-74 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the iron-facilitating activity of LS081 inhibits HIF-1? expression through prolyl-hydroxylation of HIF-1? and might have a therapeutic effect in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Hirano Y, Hirano F, Fujii H, Makino I. Fibrates suppress chenodeoxycholic acid-induced RANTES expression through inhibition of NF-kappaB activation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;448:19-26 pubmed..Therefore, fibrates might be inhibitory agents of inflammatory cell migration by RANTES to the liver in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis, possibly indicating that fibrates are therapeutic agents in primary biliary cirrhosis. ..
- Huiling X, Inagaki M, Arikura J, Ozaki A, Onodera K, Ogawa K, et al. Hepatocytes derived from peripheral blood stem cells of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor treated F344 rats in analbuminemic rat livers. J Surg Res. 2004;122:75-82 pubmed..Hematopoietic SCs mobilized from BM into PB by the G-CSF treatment may raise hepatocyte colonies, when transplanted into regenerating livers. ..
- Yamasaki H, Nagase T, Kiyoshige Y, Suzuki M, Nakaya K, Itoh Y, et al. A case of intramuscular cysticercosis diagnosed definitively by mitochondrial DNA analysis of extremely calcified cysts. Parasitol Int. 2006;55:127-30 pubmed..Mitochondrial DNA analysis of a histopathological specimen confirmed the causative agent to be the Asian genotype of T. solium...
- Miyamoto A, Kitahata A, Fukuda I, Oka R, Cho K, Tanaka H. [Surgical management for intractable aspiration in handicapped children]. No To Hattatsu. 2009;41:27-31 pubmed..Considering the underlying diseases and age, surgical management for intractable aspiration should be performed at appropriate timing. ..
- Ishida Yamamoto A, Igawa S, Kishibe M. Order and disorder in corneocyte adhesion. J Dermatol. 2011;38:645-54 pubmed publisher..Abnormal corneodesmosome degradation is also found in more common skin diseases including ichthyosis vulgaris, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis vulgaris, lichen planus and soap-induced xerosis...
- Takahashi K, Ito T, Sato T, Goto M, Kawamoto T, Fujinaga A, et al. Infection with fully mature Corynosoma cf. validum causes ulcers in the human small intestine. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2016;9:114-7 pubmed publisher..Examinations of the small intestines should be aggressively performed in such cases. ..
- Ishida Yamamoto A. Loricrin keratoderma: a novel disease entity characterized by nuclear accumulation of mutant loricrin. J Dermatol Sci. 2003;31:3-8 pubmed..This group of unique genodermatoses caused by distinct loricrin mutations is collectively termed as loricrin keratoderma (LK). ..
- Yuhki K, Kashiwagi H, Kojima F, Kawabe J, Ushikubi F. Roles of prostanoids in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases. Int Angiol. 2010;29:19-27 pubmed..From these studies, the important and novel roles of prostanoids in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases have been clarified. ..
- Fujii M, Honma M, Takahashi H, Ishida Yamamoto A, Iizuka H. The nuclear factor kappa B p50 subunit and cortactin as markers to distinguish between keratoacanthoma and well-differentiated squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2011;36:788-92 pubmed publisher..Although the Ki-67 index was not significantly different between KA and SCC, the staining pattern also showed loss of polarity in SCC. p50 and cortactin might be useful makers to distinguish between KA and well-differentiated SCC. ..
- Yamanaka Y, Clohisy J, Ito H, Matsuno T, Abu Amer Y. Blockade of JNK and NFAT pathways attenuates orthopedic particle-stimulated osteoclastogenesis of human osteoclast precursors and murine calvarial osteolysis. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:67-72 pubmed publisher..Thus JNK and NFATc1 appear to act as significant mediators of orthopedic particle-induced osteolysis in humans...
- Saito N, Kamiyama H, Takizawa K, Takebayashi S, Asano T, Kobayashi T, et al. Management strategy for bilateral complex vertebral artery aneurysms. Neurosurg Rev. 2016;39:289-95; discussion 295-6 pubmed publisher..By doing so, the opposite aneurysm can be effectively occluded by coil embolization, even with VA sacrifice if required. ..
- Ito A, Putra M, Subahar R, Sato M, Okamoto M, Sako Y, et al. Dogs as alternative intermediate hosts of Taenia solium in Papua (Irian Jaya), Indonesia confirmed by highly specific ELISA and immunoblot using native and recombinant antigens and mitochondrial DNA analysis. J Helminthol. 2002;76:311-4 pubmed..solium previously confirmed from pigs and biopsies from local people from Irian Jaya. It is suggested that the life cycle of T. solium may be completed not only between humans and pigs but also between humans and dogs. ..
- Oikawa K, Kimura S, Aoki N, Atsuta Y, Takiyama Y, Nagato T, et al. Neuronal calcium sensor protein visinin-like protein-3 interacts with microsomal cytochrome b5 in a Ca2+-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15142-52 pubmed..This report provides the first evidence of an interaction between visinin-like protein-3 and microsomal cytochrome b(5). ..
- Sato R, Watari J, Tanabe H, Fujiya M, Ueno N, Konno Y, et al. Transnasal ultrathin endoscopy for placement of a long intestinal tube in patients with intestinal obstruction. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008;67:953-7 pubmed publisher..The UT-EGD method has definite advantages in the placement of a long intestinal tube for patients with an intestinal obstruction in comparison with the conventional method. ..