Experts and Doctors on freezing in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
- Koike M, Takezawa D, Arakawa K, Yoshida S. Accumulation of 19-kDa plasma membrane polypeptide during induction of freezing tolerance in wheat suspension-cultured cells by abscisic acid. Plant Cell Physiol. 1997;38:707-16 pubmed..2). Expression of WPM-1 mRNA was dramatically induced by 50 microM ABA within a few hours. These results suggest that the AWPM-19 might be closely associated with the ABA-induced increase in freezing tolerance in wheat cultured cells...
- Minami A, Nagao M, Arakawa K, Fujikawa S, Takezawa D. Abscisic acid-induced freezing tolerance in the moss Physcomitrella patens is accompanied by increased expression of stress-related genes. J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:475-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ABA and environmental stresses positively affect the expression of common genes that participate in protection of protonema cells leading to the development of freezing tolerance...
- Yamada T, Kuroda K, Jitsuyama Y, Takezawa D, Arakawa K, Fujikawa S. Roles of the plasma membrane and the cell wall in the responses of plant cells to freezing. Planta. 2002;215:770-8 pubmed..It appears, therefore, that not only the plasma membrane but also the cell wall greatly influences the freezing behavior of plant cells...
- Jitsuyama Y, Suzuki T, Harada T, Fujikawa S. Sucrose incubation increases freezing tolerance of asparagus (Asparagus officinalis L.) embryogenic cell suspensions. Cryo Letters. 2002;23:103-12 pubmed..These results suggest that freezing tolerance of asparagus embryogenic cells is increased by a complex mechanism involving notably changes in cell ultrastructure and accumulation of certain sugars and proteins during sugar incubation...
- Shimono K, Furutani Y, Kandori H, Kamo N. A pharaonis phoborhodopsin mutant with the same retinal binding site residues as in bacteriorhodopsin. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6504-9 pubmed..We conclude that the principal factor of the smaller than expected opsin shift in BR/ppR is the strong association of the Schiff base with the surrounding counterion complex. ..
- Sugimoto M, Hyodoh H, Rokukawa M, Kanazawa A, Murakami R, Shimizu J, et al. Freezing effect on brain density in postmortem CT. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2016;18:62-5 pubmed publisher..When lower CT density presents in postmortem CT, the freezing effect may need to be considered and the physician should evaluate the cadaver's postmortem condition to prevent misdiagnoses. ..
- Iwamoto M, Furutani Y, Kamo N, Kandori H. Proton transfer reactions in the F86D and F86E mutants of pharaonis phoborhodopsin (sensory rhodopsin II). Biochemistry. 2003;42:2790-6 pubmed..Therefore, it is likely that a proton can be conducted in either direction, the Schiff base or the bulk, in the open M-like structure of F86D and F86E...
- Kim M, Sasaki K, Imai R. Cold shock domain protein 3 regulates freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23454-60 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of AtCSP3 in transgenic plants conferred enhanced freezing tolerance over wild-type plants. Together, the data demonstrated an essential role of RNA chaperones for cold adaptation in higher plants. ..