Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on developmental gene expression regulation in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Topic: developmental gene expression regulation
- Yamasaki M, Yamada K, Furuya S, Mitoma J, Hirabayashi Y, Watanabe M. 3-Phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase, a key enzyme for l-serine biosynthesis, is preferentially expressed in the radial glia/astrocyte lineage and olfactory ensheathing glia in the mouse brain. J Neurosci. 2001;21:7691-704 pubmed
- Chiba H, Itoh T, Satohisa S, Sakai N, Noguchi H, Osanai M, et al. Activation of p21CIP1/WAF1 gene expression and inhibition of cell proliferation by overexpression of hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha. Exp Cell Res. 2005;302:11-21 pubmed
- Miyazaki T, Fukaya M, Shimizu H, Watanabe M. Subtype switching of vesicular glutamate transporters at parallel fibre-Purkinje cell synapses in developing mouse cerebellum. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:2563-72 pubmed
- Matsuo K, Yoshida H, Shimizu T. Differential expression of caudal and dorsal genes in the teloblast lineages of the oligochaete annelid Tubifex tubifex. Dev Genes Evol. 2005;215:238-47 pubmed..The ventralmost bandlet (N lineage) exhibits the highest level of Ttu-dl expression with the lowest level in the two middle bandlets (O and P lineages) and an intermediate level in the dorsalmost bandlet (Q lineage). ..
- Fukaya M, Hayashi Y, Watanabe M. NR2 to NR3B subunit switchover of NMDA receptors in early postnatal motoneurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1432-6 pubmed..Therefore, the major regulatory subunit of NMDA receptors is likely to switch from NR2 to NR3B in somatic motoneurons during the early postnatal period. ..
- Kase S, Yoshida K, Sakai M, Ohgami K, Shiratori K, Kitaichi N, et al. Immunolocalization of cyclin D1 in the developing lens of c-maf -/- mice. Acta Histochem. 2006;107:469-72 pubmed..Many cyclin D1-positive nuclei were observed in lens epithelial cells as well as posterior lens cells. These results are consistent with c-maf playing a role in the regulation of cyclin D1 in developing lens cells. ..
- Miura E, Iijima T, Yuzaki M, Watanabe M. Distinct expression of Cbln family mRNAs in developing and adult mouse brains. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:750-60 pubmed..These results will provide a molecular-anatomical basis for future studies that characterize roles played by the Cbln family. ..
- Takayama C, Inoue Y. Developmental localization of potassium chloride co-transporter 2 in granule cells of the early postnatal mouse cerebellum with special reference to the synapse formation. Neuroscience. 2006;143:757-67 pubmed..Furthermore, it was also suggested that formation of the GABAergic synapses and GABAergic transmission were not necessary for the KCC2-expression in the mouse cerebellar granule cells in vivo. ..
- Katagiri C, Maeda R, Yamashika C, Mita K, Sargent T, Yasumasu S. Molecular cloning of Xenopus hatching enzyme and its specific expression in hatching gland cells. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:19-25 pubmed..We conclude that UVS.2 represents an approximately 3/4 C-terminal portion of the hatching enzyme. ..
- Jesmin S, Mowa C, Sakuma I, Matsuda N, Togashi H, Yoshioka M, et al. Aromatase is abundantly expressed by neonatal rat penis but downregulated in adulthood. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;33:343-59 pubmed..We conclude that estrogen acts via ER in a paracrine and/or autocrine manner to regulate penile events, particularly during development, and that estrogen synthesis is regulated by estrogen and androgens. ..
- Miura E, Fukaya M, Sato T, Sugihara K, Asano M, Yoshioka K, et al. Expression and distribution of JNK/SAPK-associated scaffold protein JSAP1 in developing and adult mouse brain. J Neurochem. 2006;97:1431-46 pubmed..Therefore, the characteristic cellular expression and subcellular distribution of JSAP1 might be beneficial for cells to efficiently link external stimuli to the JNK MAPK pathway and other intracellular machineries. ..
- Takayama C, Inoue Y. Developmental localization of potassium chloride co-transporter 2 (KCC2) in the Purkinje cells of embryonic mouse cerebellum. Neurosci Res. 2007;57:322-5 pubmed..These results suggest that GABA might become inhibitory on the Purkinje cells after their settling in the Purkinje cell layer. ..
- Yoshioka C, Yasuda S, Kimura F, Kobayashi M, Itagaki S, Hirano T, et al. Expression and role of SNAT3 in the placenta. Placenta. 2009;30:1071-7 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the expression of SNAT3 in the placenta in the early stage of pregnancy. ..
- Muto H, Yabe N, Asami T, Hasunuma K, Yamamoto K. Overexpression of constitutive differential growth 1 gene, which encodes a RLCKVII-subfamily protein kinase, causes abnormal differential and elongation growth after organ differentiation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3124-33 pubmed..Taken together, CDG1 gene may interfere with signal transduction of BR when overexpressed, but is not an essential factor for it in the wild type. ..
- Ogiwara K, Shinohara M, Takahashi T. Expression of proprotein convertase 2 mRNA in the ovarian follicles of the medaka, Oryzias latipes. Gene. 2004;337:79-89 pubmed..These results suggest that PC2 may play a role in the processing of proproteins and/or pro-hormones expressed in the growing oocytes. ..
- Awasaki T, Juni N, Yoshida K. An eye imaginal disc-specific transcriptional enhancer in the long terminal repeat of the tom retrotransposon is responsible for eye morphology mutations of Drosophila ananassae. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;251:161-6 pubmed
- Fukaya M, Ueda H, Yamauchi K, Inoue Y, Watanabe M. Distinct spatiotemporal expression of mRNAs for the PSD-95/SAP90 protein family in the mouse brain. Neurosci Res. 1999;33:111-8 pubmed
- Ikeda M, Kihara A, Igarashi Y. Sphingosine-1-phosphate lyase SPL is an endoplasmic reticulum-resident, integral membrane protein with the pyridoxal 5'-phosphate binding domain exposed to the cytosol. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:338-43 pubmed..This active site orientation is opposite to that of S1P phosphohydrolase, indicating that the degradation of S1P by two S1P-degrading enzymes occurs in spatially separated sides of the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Ikeda T, Kanazawa T, Otsuka S, Ichii O, Hashimoto Y, Kon Y. Expression of caspase family and muscle- and apoptosis-specific genes during skeletal myogenesis in mouse embryo. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:1161-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the activation of Casps in skeletal myogenesis is deeply associated with myoblast differentiation, but not directly related to apoptosis. ..
- Yamasato A, Tanaka R, Tanaka A. Loss of the N-terminal domain of chlorophyllide a oxygenase induces photodamage during greening of Arabidopsis seedlings. BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the A domain of CAO is essential in the control of chlorophyll biosynthesis and in the survival of seedlings during de-etiolation especially under strong illumination. ..
- Yoshida K, Juni N, Hori S. Molecular cloning and characterization of Drosophila ornithine aminotransferase gene. Genes Genet Syst. 1997;72:9-17 pubmed..Quantitation of the OAT mRNA and measurement of the OAT activity during fly development show that OAT is expressed at high levels in the fat body of the third instar larvae in both D. ananassae and D. melanogaster. ..
- Seo K, Kon Y, Watanabe T. Embryonic hematopoiesis defect in the tattered-Hokkaido (Tdho) mouse. Comp Med. 2000;50:27-31 pubmed..5 Tdho male embryos. Furthermore, diminished numbers of anucleated erythrocytes were observed in E12.5 mutant embryos. A defect of embryonic hematopoiesis in Tdho mice was suggested as one of the possible causes of embryo lethality. ..
- Sakai K, Shimizu H, Koike T, Furuya S, Watanabe M. Neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 is preferentially expressed in L-Ser-synthetic/storing glial cells in the mouse brain with transient expression in developing capillaries. J Neurosci. 2003;23:550-60 pubmed..Therefore, ASCT1 appears to be regulated to meet metabolic demands by differentiating and mature neurons through the transport of glia- and blood-borne small neutral amino acids. ..
- Shi Q, Ando H, Coon S, Sato S, Ban M, Urano A. Embryonic and post-embryonic expression of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase and melatonin receptor genes in the eye and brain of chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2004;136:311-21 pubmed
- Kanazawa T, Konno A, Hashimoto Y, Kon Y. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha is related to survival of the condensed mesenchyme in the developing mouse kidney. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1145-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the possibility that Hnf4alpha plays an important role in the regulation of the cell survival at the CM stage in nephrogenesis. ..
- Yamamoto T, Suzuki N. Expression and function of cGMP-dependent protein kinase type I during medaka fish embryogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16979-86 pubmed..These results imply that PKG and PKA share common substrates and work in an opposite manner during the early embryogenesis of medaka fish. ..
- Terashima M, Kobayashi M, Motomiya M, Inoue N, Yoshida T, Okano H, et al. Analysis of the expression and function of BRINP family genes during neuronal differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cell-derived neural stem cells. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1387-93 pubmed publisher..8-13.8%. Based on these results, the physiological roles of induced BRINP genes in the cell-cycle suppression of terminally differentiated post-mitotic neurons are discussed. ..
- Azumi K, Sabau S, Fujie M, Usami T, Koyanagi R, Kawashima T, et al. Gene expression profile during the life cycle of the urochordate Ciona intestinalis. Dev Biol. 2007;308:572-82 pubmed..This large-scale oligo-DNA microarray for C. intestinalis should facilitate the understanding of global gene expression and gene networks during the development and aging of a basal chordate...
- Sasaki K, Kim M, Imai R. Arabidopsis COLD SHOCK DOMAIN PROTEIN2 is a RNA chaperone that is regulated by cold and developmental signals. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:633-8 pubmed..These data indicated that AtCSP2 is involved in developmental processes as well as cold adaptation. Localization of AtCSP2::GFP in nucleolus and cytoplasm suggested different nuclear and cytosolic RNA targets. ..
- Suzuki M, Takamura Y, Maeno M, Tochinai S, Iyaguchi D, Tanaka I, et al. Xenopus laevis macrophage migration inhibitory factor is essential for axis formation and neural development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21406-14 pubmed..Thus, MIF was found to be essential for axis formation and neural development of Xenopus embryos. ..
- Dong J, Ishimori N, Paigen B, Tsutsui H, Fujii S. Role of modulator recognition factor 2 in adipogenesis and leptin expression in 3T3-L1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:551-5 pubmed..These results indicate that Mrf2 can be a potential regulator of adipocyte differentiation and a potential repressor of leptin. ..
- Ogata A, Shimizu T, Abe R, Shimizu H, Sakai M. Expression of c-maf and mafB genes in the skin during rat embryonic development. Acta Histochem. 2004;106:65-7 pubmed..MafB showed similar expression patterns as c-maf. Our findings indicate that c-maf and mafB are involved in embryonic development of epidermis and hair follicles. ..
- Shibata T, Yamada K, Watanabe M, Ikenaka K, Wada K, Tanaka K, et al. Glutamate transporter GLAST is expressed in the radial glia-astrocyte lineage of developing mouse spinal cord. J Neurosci. 1997;17:9212-9 pubmed
- Nakamura K, Shima H, Watanabe M, Haneji T, Kikuchi K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel dual-specificity protein phosphatase possibly involved in spermatogenesis. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 3:819-25 pubmed..These data demonstrate that TMDP is a novel DSP abundantly expressed in the testis and suggest that TMDP may be involved in the regulation of meiosis and/or differentiation of testicular germ cells during spermatogenesis. ..
- Ohta H, Adachi H, Inaba M. Developmental changes in the expression of tight junction protein claudins in murine metanephroi and embryonic kidneys. J Vet Med Sci. 2006;68:149-55 pubmed
- Tateno M, Ukai W, Hashimoto E, Ikeda H, Saito T. Implication of increased NRSF/REST binding activity in the mechanism of ethanol inhibition of neuronal differentiation. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2006;113:283-93 pubmed..These results suggest that ethanol-induced potentiation of NRSF binding activity underlies the mechanism of ethanol inhibition of neuronal differentiation and decreased neurogenesis. ..
- Kawai N, Takahashi H, Nishida H, Yokosawa H. Regulation of NF-kappaB/Rel by IkappaB is essential for ascidian notochord formation. Dev Biol. 2005;277:80-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that the regulation of Ci-rel1 by Ci-IkappaB, whose transcription is regulated by Ci-rel1, in the tailbud stage is essential for notochord formation in C. intestinalis...
- Chiba H, Gotoh T, Kojima T, Satohisa S, Kikuchi K, Osanai M, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF)-4alpha triggers formation of functional tight junctions and establishment of polarized epithelial morphology in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2003;286:288-97 pubmed..These findings indicate that HNF-4alpha triggers de novo formation of functional tight junctions and establishment of epithelial cell polarity. ..
- Shibata T, Watanabe M, Tanaka K, Wada K, Inoue Y. Dynamic changes in expression of glutamate transporter mRNAs in developing brain. Neuroreport. 1996;7:705-9 pubmed..These dynamic developmental regulations suggest that the glutamate transporter not only regulates the excitatory synaptic transmission at mature stages, but might also be intimately involved in the brain development...
- Asano A, Jin H, Watanabe T. Mouse Mx2 gene: organization, mRNA expression and the role of the interferon-response promoter in its regulation. Gene. 2003;306:105-13 pubmed..These results indicate the similarity of the mechanisms of mRNA induction among Mx genes...