Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Locale: Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Publications1064 found, 100 shown here
- Matsuki S, Koike T. Comparison of leaf life span, photosynthesis and defensive traits across seven species of deciduous broad-leaf tree seedlings. Ann Bot. 2006;97:813-7 pubmed
- Miyazaki T, Hashimoto K, Uda A, Sakagami H, Nakamura Y, Saito S, et al. Disturbance of cerebellar synaptic maturation in mutant mice lacking BSRPs, a novel brain-specific receptor-like protein family. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4057-64 pubmed..Because cerebellar maturation and plasticity require metabotropic glutamate receptor signaling and resulting PKC activation, BSRPs are likely involved in ER functions supporting PKCalpha activation in PCs. ..
- Kuwajima M, Sawaguchi T. Involvement of the lateral prefrontal cortex in conditional suppression of gaze shift. Neurosci Res. 2007;59:431-45 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that different regions of the LPFC are involved in the conditional suppression of gaze shift toward a few specific target locations, which may occur through a top-down suppressive mechanism. ..
- Muromoto R, Sekine Y, Imoto S, Ikeda O, Okayama T, Sato N, et al. BART is essential for nuclear retention of STAT3. Int Immunol. 2008;20:395-403 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BART plays an essential role in the nuclear retention of STAT3 through interaction with ARL2. ..
- Yasuda S, Hasui S, Yamamoto C, Yoshioka C, Kobayashi M, Itagaki S, et al. Placental folate transport during pregnancy. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2277-84 pubmed
- Shinkai T, Ueki T, Kobayashi Y. Detection and identification of rumen bacteria constituting a fibrolytic consortium dominated by Fibrobacter succinogenes. Anim Sci J. 2010;81:72-9 pubmed publisher..succinogenes group 1 were prominent, suggesting that the group 3 cannot be a core member of this consortium. This study is the first attempt to identify bacterial members of a fibrolytic consortium dominated by a specific bacterium...
- Kato M, Asaka M. Recent knowledge of the relationship between Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer and recent progress of gastroendoscopic diagnosis and treatment for gastric cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010;40:828-37 pubmed publisher..Because of endoscopic submucosal dissection, endoscopic resection is indicated in a greater number of cases. Although the use of endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer has been increasing steadily, long-term outcome data is necessary. ..
- Kaneiwa T, Miyazaki A, Kogawa R, Mizumoto S, Sugahara K, Yamada S. Identification of amino acid residues required for the substrate specificity of human and mouse chondroitin sulfate hydrolase (conventional hyaluronidase-4). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42119-28 pubmed publisher..A combination of the amino acid residues at 261-265 and glutamine at 305 was demonstrated to be essential for the enzymatic activity as well as substrate specificity of mHyal4. ..
- Chuma M, Sakamoto N, Nakai A, Hige S, Nakanishi M, Natsuizaka M, et al. Heat shock factor 1 accelerates hepatocellular carcinoma development by activating nuclear factor-?B/mitogen-activated protein kinase. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:272-81 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results identify a mechanistic link between HSF1 and liver tumorigenesis and may provide as a potential molecular target for the development of anti-HCC therapies. ..
- Kim G, LujÃ¡n R, Schwenk J, Kelley M, Aguado C, Watanabe M, et al. Membrane palmitoylated protein 2 is a synaptic scaffold protein required for synaptic SK2-containing channel function. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, MPP2 is a novel synaptic scaffold that is required for proper synaptic localization and function of SK2-containing channels. ..
- Tada M, Tada T, Takagi N, Hayashizaki Y, Shibata H, Hirotsune S, et al. Localization of mouse imprinted gene U2af1-rs1 to A3.2-4 band of chromosome 11 by FISH. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:655 pubmed
- Abe H, Honma S, Namihira M, Tanahashi Y, Ikeda M, Yu W, et al. Phase-dependent induction by light of rat Clock gene expression in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;66:104-10 pubmed..The Clock mRNA was also detected in the piriform cortex (PC), and increased by light at ZT14. These results suggest that Clock transcription in the SCN is involved in the photic signal transduction of circadian clock in rats. ..
- Kitamura T, Kimura K, Jung B, Makondo K, Okamoto S, Canas X, et al. Proinsulin C-peptide rapidly stimulates mitogen-activated protein kinases in Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts: requirement of protein kinase C, phosphoinositide 3-kinase and pertussis toxin-sensitive G-protein. Biochem J. 2001;355:123-9 pubmed..These results suggest that C-peptide activates MAPK through a putative G(i)/G(o)-linked receptor for C-peptide and through PI-3K-dependent and PKC-dependent pathways. ..
- Sugawara T, Nomura E, Hoshi N. Both N-terminal and C-terminal regions of steroid sulfatase are important for enzyme activity. J Endocrinol. 2006;188:365-74 pubmed..In this study, we have shown that both the N-terminal region and C-terminal region are important for STS enzyme activity. The C-terminal mutant has a dominant negative effect on wild-type STS. ..
- Kurotaki T, Tamura Y, Ueda G, Oura J, Kutomi G, Hirohashi Y, et al. Efficient cross-presentation by heat shock protein 90-peptide complex-loaded dendritic cells via an endosomal pathway. J Immunol. 2007;179:1803-13 pubmed..These findings have significant implications for the design of T cell-based cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Ishikawa T, Gotoh N, Murayama C, Abe T, Iwashita M, Matsuzaki F, et al. IgSF molecule MDGA1 is involved in radial migration and positioning of a subset of cortical upper-layer neurons. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:96-107 pubmed publisher..These observations indicated that Mdga1 is involved in the migration and positioning of a subset of cortical neurons and suggested that the radial migration of upper-layer neurons might be differentially regulated. ..
- Tomaru U, Takahashi S, Ishizu A, Miyatake Y, Gohda A, Suzuki S, et al. Decreased proteasomal activity causes age-related phenotypes and promotes the development of metabolic abnormalities. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:963-72 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first in vivo evidence that decreased proteasomal chymotrypsin-like activity affects longevity and aggravates age-related metabolic disorders, such as obesity and hepatic steatosis. ..
- Aonuma H, Niwa K. Nitric oxide regulates the levels of cGMP accumulation in the cricket brain. Acta Biol Hung. 2004;55:65-70 pubmed
- Terasaka S, Iwasaki Y, Shinya N, Uchida T. Fibrin glue and polyglycolic Acid nonwoven fabric as a biocompatible dural substitute. Neurosurgery. 2006;58:ONS134-9; discussion ONS134-9 pubmed..Dural substitute created using fibrin glue and polyglycolic acid fabric is advantageous in that it exerts excellent closing ability without requiring suture and can replace biological tissue without causing incompatibility. ..
- Tabata A, Morikawa M, Miyajima M, Bennett B, Satoh Y, Huang J, et al. Suppression of alloreactivity and allograft rejection by SP600125, a small molecule inhibitor of c-Jun N-terminal kinase. Transplantation. 2007;83:1358-64 pubmed..In addition, SP600125 interacted with cyclosporine additively to prolong cardiac allograft survival. Our data provide the first evidence indicating the potential for JNK as a therapeutic target to inhibit the alloimmune response. ..
- Takasaki C, Okada R, Mitani A, Fukaya M, Yamasaki M, Fujihara Y, et al. Glutamate transporters regulate lesion-induced plasticity in the developing somatosensory cortex. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4995-5006 pubmed publisher..Considering an essential role of glutamate receptors in the formation of whisker-related thalamocortical synapse patterning, glutamate transporters thus facilitate their activity-dependent remodeling. ..
- Saadat M, Mizuno Y, Kikuchi K, Yoshida M. Comparative mapping of the gene encoding the catalytic subunit of protein phosphatase type 1 alpha (PPP1CA) to human, rat, and mouse chromosomes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;70:55-7 pubmed..These results suggest that PPP1CA is a member of a syntenic group. ..
- Noguchi M, Kitabatake A, Ishibashi T, Kasahara M. The MHC class I-like Zn-alpha 2-glycoprotein gene maps to mouse chromosome 5. Immunogenetics. 1995;42:72-4 pubmed
- Ishizu A, Ishikura H, Nakamaru Y, Takeuchi E, Kimura C, Koike T, et al. Thy-1 induced on rat endothelium regulates vascular permeability at sites of inflammation. Int Immunol. 1995;7:1939-47 pubmed..v., without affecting populations of inflammatory cells. The collective evidence suggests that Thy-1 induced on rat endothelium is one important regulatory event in vascular permeability at sites of inflammation. ..
- Takashima H, Nishio H, Wakao H, Nishio M, Koizumi K, Oda A, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a KRAB-containing zinc finger protein, ZNF317, and its isoforms. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:771-9 pubmed..In lymphocytes, ZNF317 expression was reduced in response to mitogenic stimulation. We propose that ZNF317 may play an important role in erythroid maturation and lymphoid proliferation. ..
- Ichikawa R, Miyazaki T, Kano M, Hashikawa T, Tatsumi H, Sakimura K, et al. Distal extension of climbing fiber territory and multiple innervation caused by aberrant wiring to adjacent spiny branchlets in cerebellar Purkinje cells lacking glutamate receptor delta 2. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8487-503 pubmed
- Shimizu T, Nishihira J, Watanabe H, Abe R, Honda A, Ishibashi T, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor is induced by thrombin and factor Xa in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13729-37 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that MIF contributes to the inflammatory phase of the wound healing process in concert with thrombin and FXa via PAR-1 and PAR-2. ..
- Matsuda N, Hattori Y, Takahashi Y, Nishihira J, Jesmin S, Kobayashi M, et al. Therapeutic effect of in vivo transfection of transcription factor decoy to NF-kappaB on septic lung in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L1248-55 pubmed..Our results indicate for the first time the potential usefulness of NF-kappaB decoy ODN for gene therapy of endotoxic shock. ..
- Matsuo K, Yoshida H, Shimizu T. Differential expression of caudal and dorsal genes in the teloblast lineages of the oligochaete annelid Tubifex tubifex. Dev Genes Evol. 2005;215:238-47 pubmed..The ventralmost bandlet (N lineage) exhibits the highest level of Ttu-dl expression with the lowest level in the two middle bandlets (O and P lineages) and an intermediate level in the dorsalmost bandlet (Q lineage). ..
- Taharaguchi S, Yoshida K, Tomioka Y, Yoshino S, Uede T, Ono E. Persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous in transgenic mice expressing IE180 of the pseudorabies virus. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:1551-6 pubmed..The observation that the eye disease in transgenic mice is similar to that in PHPV in humans raises the possibility that expression of the immediate-early gene of alpha-herpesviruses may contribute to PHPV. ..
- Wang W, Omori M, Watari F, Yokoyama A. Novel bulk carbon nanotube materials for implant by spark plasma sintering. Dent Mater J. 2005;24:478-86 pubmed..In conclusion, sintered CNTs had physical and mechanical properties close to bone, and their good biocompatibility based on tissue response served to pave their way as a suitable implant material in the future. ..
- Ilieva I, Ohgami K, Jin X, Suzuki Y, Shiratori K, Yoshida K, et al. Captopril suppresses inflammation in endotoxin-induced uveitis in rats. Exp Eye Res. 2006;83:651-7 pubmed..The present results indicate that captopril suppresses the inflammation in EIU by inhibiting the NF-kappaB-dependent pathway and the subsequent production of pro-inflammatory mediators...
- Kobayashi J, Torigoe T, Hirohashi Y, Idenoue S, Miyazaki A, Yamaguchi A, et al. Comparative study on the immunogenicity between an HLA-A24-restricted cytotoxic T-cell epitope derived from survivin and that from its splice variant survivin-2B in oral cancer patients. J Transl Med. 2009;7:1 pubmed publisher
- Bwalya E, Kim S, Fang J, Wijekoon H, Hosoya K, Okumura M. Pentosan polysulfate inhibits IL-1?-induced iNOS, c-Jun and HIF-1? upregulation in canine articular chondrocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177144 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate for the first time that PPS is a novel inhibitor of IL-1?-induced iNOS, c-Jun, and HIF-1? mRNA upregulation and iNOS protein induction which may be beneficial for prevention and treatment OA. ..
- Okamura T, Imai Y, Kon Y, Goto M, Yamamoto M, Watanabe T. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse testis poly(A) binding protein II encoded by the Pabp3 gene, which transcomplements meiotic mutant sme2 of S. pombe. Biochem Genet. 2000;38:1-11 pubmed..Genetic mapping showed the Pabp3 gene encoding mPABII to be located near position 19.5 on mouse chromosome 14. These results suggest that mPABII might be involved in specific spermatogenetic cell differentiation. ..
- Nikaido M, Tada M, Saji T, Ueno N. Conservation of BMP signaling in zebrafish mesoderm patterning. Mech Dev. 1997;61:75-88 pubmed..Taken together, one may conclude that the developmental mechanisms for mesodermal patterning regulated by BMPs are evolutionarily conserved between amphibians and teleosts. ..
- Matsushima Hibiya Y, Nishi S, Sakai M. Rat maf-related factors: the specificities of DNA binding and heterodimer formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;245:412-8 pubmed..These results show that Maf-1 and Maf-2 have significantly different properties and they might have different target genes and functions, in spite of the similarity of their bZip domain structure. ..
- Kitamura H, Kanehira K, Okita K, Morimatsu M, Saito M. MAIL, a novel nuclear I kappa B protein that potentiates LPS-induced IL-6 production. FEBS Lett. 2000;485:53-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that MAIL is one of the nuclear I kappa B proteins and an activator of IL-6 production. ..
- Takashima I, Hayasaka D, Goto A, Kariwa H, Mizutani T. Epidemiology of tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) and phylogenetic analysis of TBE viruses in Japan and Far Eastern Russia. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2001;54:1-11 pubmed..Practical application of the vaccine should be considered in Japan. ..
- Kojima T, Yamazaki K, Tamura Y, Ogura S, Tani K, Konishi J, et al. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor gene-transduced tumor cells combined with tumor-derived gp96 inhibit tumor growth in mice. Hum Gene Ther. 2003;14:715-28 pubmed..These results suggest that the combination of irradiated LLC/GM cells and tumor-derived gp96 has potential as a new immunogene therapeutic strategy against lung cancer. ..
- Itoh T, Itagaki S, Sasaki K, Hirano T, Takemoto I, Iseki K. Pharmacokinetic modulation of irinotecan metabolites by sulphobromophthalein in rats. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2004;56:809-12 pubmed..These results suggested that cotreatment of CPT-11 with sulphobromophthalein might decrease intraluminal SN-38 concentrations without altering the pharmacokinetics of SN-38. ..
- Ohkawara S, Okuma Y, Uehara T, Yamagishi T, Nomura Y. Astrapterocarpan isolated from Astragalus membranaceus inhibits proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005;525:41-7 pubmed..These results indicated that astrapterocarpan inhibits PDGF-BB-induced vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and that this effect may be mediated, at least in part, by inhibition of the ERK1/2 MAP kinase cascade. ..
- Kurisaki I, Iwai T, Yamashita M, Kobayashi M, Ito E, Matsuoka I. Identification and expression analysis of rainbow trout pumilio-1 and pumilio-2. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;327:33-42 pubmed..These data suggest that the Pumilio proteins have physiological roles and are involved in regulatory mechanisms in rainbow trout. ..
- Miyatake S, Tohyama H, Kondo E, Katsura T, Onodera S, Yasuda K. Local administration of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist inhibits deterioration of mechanical properties of the stress-shielded patellar tendon. J Biomech. 2008;41:884-9 pubmed..The present study suggested that IL-1 plays an important role in the deterioration of the mechanical properties of the patellar tendon in response to stress shielding and that IL-1 does not affect the fascicles themselves. ..
- Igarashi Y, Kannagi R. Glycosphingolipids as mediators of phenotypic changes associated with development and cancer progression. J Biochem. 2010;147:3-8 pubmed publisher..The following is a brief summary of highlights of his research, performed in association with his colleagues. ..
- Fujita Y, Abe R, Inokuma D, Sasaki M, Hoshina D, Natsuga K, et al. Bone marrow transplantation restores epidermal basement membrane protein expression and rescues epidermolysis bullosa model mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14345-50 pubmed publisher..The current conventional BMT techniques have significant potential as a systemic therapeutic approach for the treatment of human EB. ..
- Sakai K, Akiyama M, Yanagi T, Nampoothiri S, Mampilly T, Sunitha V, et al. An Indian family with Sjögren-Larsson syndrome caused by a novel ALDH3A2 mutation. Int J Dermatol. 2010;49:1031-3 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that ALDH3A2 is a gene responsible for SLS in Asian populations. We hope ALDH3A2 mutation search will be globally available including many Asian countries in the future. ..
- Irie T, Majima T, Sawaguchi N, Funakoshi T, Nishimura S, Minami A. Biomechanical and histologic evaluation of tissue engineered ligaments using chitosan and hyaluronan hybrid polymer fibers: a rabbit medial collateral ligament reconstruction model. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2011;97:111-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the scaffold material enhanced the production of type I collagen and led to improved mechanical strength in the engineered ligament in vivo...
- Watanabe T, Sadamoto H, Aonuma H. Identification and expression analysis of the genes involved in serotonin biosynthesis and transduction in the field cricket Gryllus bimaculatus. Insect Mol Biol. 2011;20:619-35 pubmed publisher..The four 5-HT receptor genes were expressed in various tissues at differential expression levels, suggesting that the 5-HT system is widely distributed in the cricket. ..
- Ghosh S, Shintani T, Kobayashi N. Evidence for the porcine origin of equine rotavirus strain H-1. Vet Microbiol. 2012;158:410-4 pubmed publisher..Therefore, strain H-1 is likely a porcine RVA strain that was transmitted to horses...
- Nishida S, Hirohashi Y, Torigoe T, Kitamura H, Takahashi A, Masumori N, et al. Gene expression profiles of prostate cancer stem cells isolated by aldehyde dehydrogenase activity assay. J Urol. 2012;188:294-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge this is the first report of cancer stem-like/cancer initiating cells of 22Rv1 using the aldehyde dehydrogenase activity assay. ..
- Hosoda R, Kuno A, Hori Y, Ohtani K, Wakamiya N, Oohiro A, et al. Differential cell-protective function of two resveratrol (trans-3,5,4'-trihydroxystilbene) glucosides against oxidative stress. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;344:124-32 pubmed publisher..These data also show that the in vitro antioxidative activity of these molecules did not correlate with their ability to protect cells from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Sasaki M, Hasegawa T, Hongo H, Yamamoto T, Amizuka N. [Bone histology after intermittent PTH treatment - animal models -]. Clin Calcium. 2013;23:347-53 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss the pivotal role of osteocytes in PTH-mediated anabolic effect. ..
- Ochiai M, Ashida M. Purification of a beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein in the prophenoloxidase activating system from hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx mori. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:12056-62 pubmed..The purified beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein bound to beta-1,3-glucan did not hydrolyze appreciably any of the 26 commercially available peptidyl-7-amino-4-methylcoumarins, substrates for various proteases. ..
- Kuroiwa A, Suto F, Fujisawa H, Matsuda Y. Chromosome assignment of four plexin A genes (Plxna1, Plxna2, Plxna3, Plxna4) in mouse, rat, Syrian hamster and Chinese hamster. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:127-9 pubmed..2, 5q3.7, Xp2.7 and 1q2.2-->q2.3 in Chinese hamster, respectively. All the mouse and rat plexin A genes were localized to chromosome regions where conserved homology has been identified among human, mouse and rat. ..
- Ohtake H, Ichikawa N, Okada M, Yamashita T. Cutting Edge: Transmembrane phosphoprotein Csk-binding protein/phosphoprotein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains as a negative feedback regulator of mast cell signaling through the FcepsilonRI. J Immunol. 2002;168:2087-90 pubmed
- Matsui Y, Jia N, Okamoto H, Kon S, Onozuka H, Akino M, et al. Role of osteopontin in cardiac fibrosis and remodeling in angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Hypertension. 2004;43:1195-201 pubmed..Moreover, the effect of Ep on the prevention of cardiac fibrosis, but not cardiac hypertrophy, might be partially mediated through the inhibition of OPN expression. ..
- Takano N, Matusi H, Takahashi T. Granzyme N, a novel granzyme, is expressed in spermatocytes and spermatids of the mouse testis. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1785-95 pubmed..These results suggest that Gzmn is not involved in the process of germ cell apoptosis induced by heat shock, but that it may be involved in spermatogenesis in the mouse testes. ..
- Odajima N, Betsuyaku T, Nasuhara Y, Nishimura M. Loss of caveolin-1 in bronchiolization in lung fibrosis. J Histochem Cytochem. 2007;55:899-909 pubmed..These data suggested that loss of caveolin-1 is associated with abnormal re-epithelialization in lung fibrosis. ..
- Nishihara M, Miura T, Miki T, Tanno M, Yano T, Naitoh K, et al. Modulation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore complex in GSK-3beta-mediated myocardial protection. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:564-70 pubmed..These results suggest that reduction in affinity of ANT to cyclophilin D by increased phospho-GSK-3beta binding to ANT may be responsible for suppression of mPTP opening and myocardial protection afforded by IPC+EPO. ..
- Matoba T, Orba Y, Suzuki T, Makino Y, Shichinohe H, Kuroda S, et al. An siRNA against JC virus (JCV) agnoprotein inhibits JCV infection in JCV-producing cells inoculated in nude mice. Neuropathology. 2008;28:286-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, the combination of siRNA and atelocollagen might be a candidate therapeutic agent for the treatment of JCV infection. ..
- Ishitsuka T, Ikuta T, Ariga H, Matsumoto K. Serum tenascin-X strongly binds to vascular endothelial growth factor. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:1004-11 pubmed..These results suggest that sTNX possesses weak activity for proliferation of endothelial cells. ..
- Murase Y, Konnai S, Hidano A, Githaka N, Ito T, Takano A, et al. Molecular detection of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in cattle and Ixodes persulcatus ticks. Vet Microbiol. 2011;149:504-7 pubmed publisher..The infection rate for A. phagocytophilum in cattle was 3.4% (42/1251). In future studies, it will be necessary to investigate effects of the infection in order to understand its pathogenesis of A. phagocytophilum in domestic animals. ..
- Kobayashi S, Orba Y, Yamaguchi H, Kimura T, Sawa H. Accumulation of ubiquitinated proteins is related to West Nile virus-induced neuronal apoptosis. Neuropathology. 2012;32:398-405 pubmed publisher..Our histopathological and in vitro studies suggest that accumulation of ubiquitinated proteins in neuronal cells might be associated with neuronal apoptosis caused by WNV infection. ..
- Nishino T, Sasaki N, Nagasaki K, Ichii O, Kon Y, Agui T. The 129 genetic background affects susceptibility to glomerulosclerosis in tensin2-deficient mice. Biomed Res. 2012;33:53-6 pubmed..These results indicate that 129T is resistant to GS. Although their usage in biomedical studies is already widespread, 129/Sv mice may afford a late-onset and unique strain applicable to kidney disease research. ..
- Yamasaki M, Fukaya M, Yamazaki M, Azechi H, Natsume R, Abe M, et al. TARP ?-2 and ?-8 Differentially Control AMPAR Density Across Schaffer Collateral/Commissural Synapses in the Hippocampal CA1 Area. J Neurosci. 2016;36:4296-312 pubmed publisher..In comparison, TARP ?-8 is the only TARP expressed at nonperforated type of pyramidal cell synapses, playing an essential role in low-density or basal AMPAR expression. ..
- Izumi Y, Aoshima K, Hoshino Y, Takagi S. Effects of combretastatin A-4 phosphate on canine normal and tumor tissue-derived endothelial cells. Res Vet Sci. 2017;112:222-228 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the tumor-vascular selectivity of CA4P may be related to VE-cadherin dysfunction in TECs. ..
- Muzandu K, Ishizuka M, Sakamoto K, Shaban Z, El Bohi K, Kazusaka A, et al. Effect of lycopene and beta-carotene on peroxynitrite-mediated cellular modifications. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2006;215:330-40 pubmed..5% and 42.4%, respectively. The results obtained in this study suggest that carotenoids may alleviate some of the deleterious effects of peroxynitrite and possibly other reactive nitrogen species as well in vivo. ..
- Agata J, Ura N, Yoshida H, Shinshi Y, Sasaki H, Hyakkoku M, et al. Olmesartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker with an inhibitory effect on angiotensin-converting enzyme. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:865-74 pubmed
- Fukuda T, Hirai Y, Maezawa H, Kitagawa Y, Funahashi M. Electrophysiologically identified presynaptic mechanisms underlying amylinergic modulation of area postrema neuronal excitability in rat brain slices. Brain Res. 2013;1494:9-16 pubmed publisher..Modulation of amylinergic activity may offer a novel target to influence food intake and obesity. ..
- Yamazaki H, Iwano T, Otsuka S, Kagawa Y, Hoshino Y, Hosoya K, et al. SiRNA knockdown of the DEK nuclear protein mRNA enhances apoptosis and chemosensitivity of canine transitional cell carcinoma cells. Vet J. 2015;204:60-5 pubmed publisher..These research findings suggest that DEK could be a potential therapeutic target for canine TCC. ..
- Nishikawa S. [Biochemical and immunohistochemical studies on alteration of aldolase isozymes in rat liver in the process of hepatocarcinogenesis by administration of a diet containing 3'-methyl-4-dimethylaminoazobenzene]. Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi. 1989;64:440-9 pubmed..Serum aldolase A levels were not significantly elevated in rats with liver cancer in comparison to rats with non-cancer...
- Yamada K, Ma D, Miura Y, Ido A, Tamaoki T, Yoshida M. Assignment of the ATBF1 transcription factor gene (Atbf1) to mouse chromosome band 8E1 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;75:30-1 pubmed
- Katabami S, Matsuura A, Chen H, Imai K, Kikuchi K. Structural organization of rat CD1 typifies evolutionarily conserved CD1D class genes. Immunogenetics. 1998;48:22-31 pubmed..In contrast to the complete absence of the classic CD1 in rats and mice, the entire region of nonpolymorphic CD1D has been conserved through mammalian evolution. Similar functional properties of rodent CD1 and human CD1d are implied. ..
- Miura K, Ohgiya S, Hoshino T, Nemoto N, Suetake T, Miura A, et al. NMR analysis of type III antifreeze protein intramolecular dimer. Structural basis for enhanced activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1304-10 pubmed..This manner of ice binding caused by the unique structural topology of RD3 is thought to be crucial for the significant enhancement of antifreeze activity, especially at low AFP concentrations. ..
- Kaewprasert S, Okada M, Aoyama Y. Nutritional effects of cyclodextrins on liver and serum lipids and cecal organic acids in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2001;47:335-9 pubmed..It seems likely that the suppression of serum cholesterol levels by alpha- and beta-cyclodextrins might be due to the increasing acetate and propionate productions in the cecum. cecal organic acid, cyclodextrin, serum cholesterol, rats ..
- Minamitani T, Ariga H, Matsumoto K. Deficiency of tenascin-X causes a decrease in the level of expression of type VI collagen. Exp Cell Res. 2004;297:49-60 pubmed..The results suggest the possibility that TNX mediates not only cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions but also fibrillogenesis via collagen fibril-associated molecules. ..
- Takagaki K, Satoh T, Tanuma N, Masuda K, Takekawa M, Shima H, et al. Characterization of a novel low-molecular-mass dual-specificity phosphatase-3 (LDP-3) that enhances activation of JNK and p38. Biochem J. 2004;383:447-55 pubmed..4 M sorbitol. By screening with a variety of stimuli, we found that LDP-3 specifically enhances the osmotic stress-induced activation of JNK and p38. ..
- Miyazaki M, Sugawara E, Yoshimura T, Yamazaki H, Kamataki T. Mutagenic activation of betel quid-specific N-nitrosamines catalyzed by human cytochrome P450 coexpressed with NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase in Salmonella typhimurium YG7108. Mutat Res. 2005;581:165-71 pubmed..Based on these data, we conclude that human CYP2A subfamily members play important roles in the mutagenic activation of essentially all betel quid-related N-nitrosamines tested in the present study. ..
- Ishioka K, Omachi A, Sagawa M, Shibata H, Honjoh T, Kimura K, et al. Canine adiponectin: cDNA structure, mRNA expression in adipose tissues and reduced plasma levels in obesity. Res Vet Sci. 2006;80:127-32 pubmed..These results are compatible with those reported in other species, and suggest that adiponectin is an index of adiposity and a target molecule for studies on diseases associated with obesity in dogs. ..
- Ishizuka M, Lee J, Masuda M, Akahori F, Kazusaka A, Fujita S. CYP2D-related metabolism in animals of the Canoidea superfamily - species differences. Vet Res Commun. 2006;30:505-12 pubmed..We could not detect bunitrolol 4-hydroxylation in mink liver microsomes at the low substrate concentration used. We conclude that mink have the lowest activity of CYP2D-related xenobiotic metabolism among the Canoidea superfamily...
- Miyatake Y, Ikeda H, Ishizu A, Baba T, Ichihashi T, Suzuki A, et al. Role of neuronal interferon-gamma in the development of myelopathy in rats infected with human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:189-99 pubmed..We suggest that the failure of spinal cord neurons to produce IFN-gamma through the IL-12 pathway is involved in the development of HAM rat disease. ..
- Kobune M, Kawano Y, Takahashi S, Takada K, Murase K, Iyama S, et al. Interaction with human stromal cells enhances CXCR4 expression and engraftment of cord blood Lin(-)CD34(-) cells. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:1121-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these cells acquired homing activity and engrafted in the BM of NOD/SCID mice after intravenous injection. These findings may be useful for understanding the role of stromal cells in homing and engraftment of HSCs. ..
- Tanno M, Kuno A, Yano T, Miura T, Hisahara S, Ishikawa S, et al. Induction of manganese superoxide dismutase by nuclear translocation and activation of SIRT1 promotes cell survival in chronic heart failure. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8375-82 pubmed publisher..SIRT1 activators such as resveratrol could be novel therapeutic tools for the treatment of chronic heart failure. ..
- Matsubara S, Takahashi T, Kimura A. Epigenetic patterns at the mouse prolyl oligopeptidase gene locus suggest the CpG island in the gene body to be a novel regulator for gene expression. Gene. 2010;465:17-29 pubmed publisher..Moreover, histone H3 acetylation and H3K4 methylation levels of CGI-2 were higher in the granulosa cell than liver. The results suggest that the CGI-2 region is a cis-element for the POP gene expression. ..
- Bekele A, Koike S, Kobayashi Y. Phylogenetic diversity and dietary association of rumen Treponema revealed using group-specific 16S rRNA gene-based analysis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;316:51-60 pubmed publisher..4%) had <97% sequence similarity with known Treponema. These results suggest the predominance of uncultured Treponema that appear to have distinct members related to the digestion of either hay or concentrate diet. ..
- Watanabe M, Kano M. Climbing fiber synapse elimination in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:1697-710 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the late phase is mediated by the mGluR1-G?q-PLC?4-PKC? signaling cascade in PCs driven at PF-PC synapses, whose structural connectivity is stabilized and maintained by the GluR?2-Cbln1-neurexin system. ..