Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Kakeda S, Korogi Y, Ohnari N, Hatakeyama Y, Moriya J, Oda N, et al. 3D digital subtraction angiography of intracranial aneurysms: comparison of flat panel detector with conventional image intensifier TV system using a vascular phantom. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007;28:839-43 pubmed..I.-TV system regarding the depiction of aneurysm and aneurysmal bleb. Compared with the I.I.-TV system, the FPD system could create high-resolution 3D DSA combined with a reduction of the pseudostenosis artifacts. ..
- Miyamoto N, Izumi H, Miyamoto R, Kubota T, Tawara A, Sasaguri Y, et al. Nipradilol and timolol induce Foxo3a and peroxiredoxin 2 expression and protect trabecular meshwork cells from oxidative stress. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:2777-84 pubmed publisher..Oxidative stress plays an important role in pathogenesis of glaucoma. The purpose of this study is to investigate the novel effect of antiglaucoma drugs on the expression of antioxidant peroxiredoxins of trabecular meshwork (TM) cells...
- Araki S, Dobashi K, Yamamoto Y, Asayama K, Kusuhara K. Increased plasma isoprostane is associated with visceral fat, high molecular weight adiponectin, and metabolic complications in obese children. Eur J Pediatr. 2010;169:965-70 pubmed publisher..Oxidative stress may be associated with the development of obesity-related complications. ..
- Miyanishi K, Ishihara K, Jingushi S, Torisu T. Risk factors leading to total hip arthroplasty in patients with subchondral insufficiency fractures of the femoral head. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2010;18:271-5 pubmed..The survival rate was significantly lower in patients aged 71 years or older than in those aged younger than 71 years (p < 0.05). Elderly patients with SIF of the femoral head are at higher risk of undergoing THA. ..
- Sho T, Muratani T, Hamasuna R, Yakushiji H, Fujimoto N, Matsumoto T. The mechanism of high-level carbapenem resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae: underlying Ompk36-deficient strains represent a threat of emerging high-level carbapenem-resistant K. pneumoniae with IMP-1 ?-lactamase production in Japan. Microb Drug Resist. 2013;19:274-81 pubmed publisher..It is vital to monitor for the presence of less carbapenem-sensitive K. pneumoniae strains, which lack OmpK36, because blaIMP-1 transmission to these strains may result in isolates with a high-level carbapenem-resistant phenotype. ..
- Tanaka Y. Current concepts in the management of rheumatoid arthritis. Korean J Intern Med. 2016;31:210-8 pubmed publisher..Contrarily, for established RA, fewer patients sustained remission after the discontinuation of biological DMARD and "deep remission" at the discontinuation was a key factor to keep the treatment holiday of biological DMARD. ..
- Fujii K, Fujii Y, Hubscher S, Tanaka Y. CD44 is the physiological trigger of Fas up-regulation on rheumatoid synovial cells. J Immunol. 2001;167:1198-203 pubmed..This may lead to spontaneous growth arrest through Fas-Fas ligand pathway observed in synovial cells of RA synovitis in vivo. ..
- Ohmori O, Shinkai T, Hori H, Nakamura J. Genetic association analysis of 5-HT(6) receptor gene polymorphism (267C/T) with tardive dyskinesia. Psychiatry Res. 2002;110:97-102 pubmed..Moreover, no significant differences in genotypes and allele frequencies were observed between subjects with and without TD. These results suggest that the 267C/T polymorphism of HTR6 does not confer increased susceptibility to TD. ..
- Hori H, Yahata K, Fujishiro K, Yoshizumi K, Li D, Goto Y, et al. Personal exposure level and environmental ethylene oxide gas concentration in sterilization facilities of hospitals in Japan. Appl Occup Environ Hyg. 2002;17:634-9 pubmed
- Ichiki Y, Hanagiri T, Takenoyama M, Baba T, Fukuyama T, Nagata Y, et al. Tumor specific expression of survivin-2B in lung cancer as a novel target of immunotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2005;48:281-9 pubmed..Survivin-2B was specifically expressed in lung cancer tissue, and found to specifically elicit a cellular immune response in lung cancer patients and therefore it may be a novel candidate for peptide vaccination. ..
- Muratani T, Matsumoto T. Urinary tract infection caused by fluoroquinolone- and cephem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2006;28 Suppl 1:S10-3 pubmed..More seriously, most nosocomial ESBL producers are also resistant to non-beta-lactams, such as the fluoroquinolones, fosfomycin and co-trimoxazole. This causes serious problems in the chemotherapy of cystitis. ..
- Udaka T, Hiraki N, Shiomori T, Miyamoto H, Fujimura T, Inaba T, et al. Eikenella corrodens in head and neck infections. J Infect. 2007;54:343-8 pubmed..corrodens can be a potential pathogen not only in immunocompromised patients but also in hosts with normal immunity. We herein study E. corrodens infections of the head and neck encountered in our department...
- Hirakoba M, Kume K, Yamasaki M, Kanda K, Yoshikawa I, Otsuki M. Primary mesenteric liposarcoma successfully diagnosed by preoperative imaging studies. Intern Med. 2007;46:373-5 pubmed..We encountered a case of liposarcoma which arose from the mesentery of the jejunum that was diagnosed by imaging studies before surgical operation. ..
- Nakao K, Goto T, Gunjigake K, Konoo T, Kobayashi S, Yamaguchi K. Intermittent force induces high RANKL expression in human periodontal ligament cells. J Dent Res. 2007;86:623-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that IL-1beta is an autocrine factor regulating compressive force-induced RANKL expression in PDL cells, and that intermittent force can effectively induce RANKL in PDL cells with less cell damage. ..
- Baba T, Hanagiri T, Ichiki Y, Kuroda K, Shigematsu Y, Mizukami M, et al. Lack and restoration of sensitivity of lung cancer cells to cellular attack with special reference to expression of human leukocyte antigen class I and/or major histocompatibility complex class I chain related molecules A/B. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1795-802 pubmed..Reconstruction of HLA-class I and MHC class I chain related molecules A expression could abrogate evasion from cellular attack by CTL and NK cells, and it may lead to a breakthrough in the development of cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Mizobe T, Tsukada J, Higashi T, Mouri F, Matsuura A, Tanikawa R, et al. Constitutive association of MyD88 to IRAK in HTLV-I-transformed T cells. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:1812-22 pubmed..In this study, we investigated whether MyD88, an adaptor protein of Toll-like receptor (TLR) signaling, contributes to constitutive NF-kappaB activation in HTLV-I-transformed T cells...
- Fukunaka Y, Shinkai T, Hwang R, Hori H, Utsunomiya K, Sakata S, et al. The orexin 1 receptor (HCRTR1) gene as a susceptibility gene contributing to polydipsia-hyponatremia in schizophrenia. Neuromolecular Med. 2007;9:292-7 pubmed..Further studies examining the association between the orexin system and polydipsia in SCZ are warranted. ..
- Matsumoto T, Urasaki E, Soejima Y, Nakano Y, Yokota A, Nishizawa S. Cervical intramedullary glioblastoma: report of a long-term survival case and a review of the literature. J UOEH. 2008;30:413-20 pubmed..However, it is also true that some patients respond well to the intensive treatment. It can be emphasized that scheduled intensive treatment for the disease under earlier histological confirmation should be performed. ..
- Ueda K. Development of the rubella vaccine and vaccination strategy in Japan. Vaccine. 2009;27:3232-3 pubmed publisher..The increase in the rate of vaccination leads us to hope for the "Elimination of Rubella and Congenital Rubella Syndrome in 2012". ..
- Takenaka I, Aoyama K, Iwagaki T, Ishimura H, Takenaka Y, Kadoya T. Approach combining the airway scope and the bougie for minimizing movement of the cervical spine during endotracheal intubation. Anesthesiology. 2009;110:1335-40 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference in time to intubation between them. Use of the bougie resulted in significantly reduced extension of the cervical spine during intubation attempt with the AWS in patients with a normal cervical spine. ..
- Tanikawa T, Okada Y, Tanikawa R, Tanaka Y. Advanced glycation end products induce calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells through RAGE/p38 MAPK. J Vasc Res. 2009;46:572-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that AGEs induce calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells by osteoblast-like differentiation of smooth muscle cells through RAGE/p38 MAPK. ..
- Hanagiri T, Ono K, Baba T, So T, Yamasaki M, Nagata Y, et al. Clinicopathologic characteristics of mucinous carcinoma of the breast. Int Surg. 2010;95:126-9 pubmed..Mucinous carcinoma showed a lower incidence of lymph node metastasis than other types of invasive breast cancer. Mucinous carcinoma tended to have a better prognosis in comparison with other types of invasive breast carcinoma. ..
- Shimokawa H, Uramoto H, Onitsuka T, Chundong G, Hanagiri T, Oyama T, et al. Overexpression of MACC1 mRNA in lung adenocarcinoma is associated with postoperative recurrence. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;141:895-8 pubmed publisher..033). Metastasis associated in colon cancer 1 gene overexpression may be a useful marker for predicting postoperative recurrence in patients with lung adenocarcinoma after surgery. ..
- Soga Y, Iida O, Hirano K, Suzuki K, Kawasaki D, Miyashita Y, et al. Impact of cilostazol after endovascular treatment for infrainguinal disease in patients with critical limb ischemia. J Vasc Surg. 2011;54:1659-67 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference in overall survival, repeat revascularization, and surgical conversion between the groups. Cilostazol may improve AFS and limb salvage rate after EVT for infrainguinal disease in patients with CLI. ..
- Ueda N, Suda A, Nakagawa M, Nakano H, Umene Nakano W, Ikenouchi Sugita A, et al. Reliability, validity and clinical utility of a Japanese version of the Social Adaptation Self-evaluation Scale as calibrated using the Beck Depression Inventory. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2011;65:624-9 pubmed publisher..SASS-J showed sufficient reliability and validity, and could be considered a suitable instrument to evaluate social functioning in depressive patients. ..
- Kayashima K, Habe K, Imai K. [Left internal jugular venipuncture in real-time ultrasound-guided pediatric central venous cannulation]. Masui. 2012;61:1105-7 pubmed..6-mm-wide right IJV and a thicker 8.3-mm-wide left IJV It was difficult but successful to insert a 0.018-inch guidewire in another patient due to a steep 90 degree angle between the left IJV and the brachiocephalic vein. ..
- Soga Y, Takahara M, Iida O, Nakano M, Yamauchi Y, Zen K, et al. Propensity Score Analysis Comparing Clinical Outcomes of Drug-Eluting vs Bare Nitinol Stents in Femoropopliteal Lesions. J Endovasc Ther. 2016;23:33-9 pubmed publisher..No significant difference was observed in the risk of major amputation, reintervention, or MALE in any subgroup. These results suggest that a first-generation DES was not superior to a conventional BNS for femoropopliteal lesions. ..
- Ogino N, Aridome G, Oshima J, Shibata M, Watanabe T, Kume K, et al. Serum Albumin Concentrations Predict hypovolaemia Caused by Polyethylene Glycol Plus Ascorbic Acid Prior to Colonoscopy in Elderly Patients. Drugs Aging. 2016;33:355-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, care is needed in order to prevent hypovolaemia, especially in elderly patients with hypoalbuminaemia. No. 000015724 (University Hospital Medical Information Network Center). ..
- Arioka M, Takahashi Yanaga F, Kubo M, Igawa K, Tomooka K, Sasaguri T. Anti-tumor effects of differentiation-inducing factor-1 in malignant melanoma: GSK-3-mediated inhibition of cell proliferation and GSK-3-independent suppression of cell migration and invasion. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:31-48 pubmed publisher..Therefore, DIF-1 may have a potential as a novel anti-cancer agent for the treatment of malignant melanoma. ..
- Yoshii C, Matsuyama T, Takazawa A, Ito T, Yatera K, Hayashi T, et al. Welder's pneumoconiosis: diagnostic usefulness of high-resolution computed tomography and ferritin determinations in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. Intern Med. 2002;41:1111-7 pubmed..In welder's pneumoconiosis, small centrilobular nodules are frequently seen on HRCT, and ferritin shows elevations in serum and/or BAL fluid. Such ferritin determinations are of value in diagnosis. ..
- Matsuura Y, Yasunaga K, Kuroki H, Inagaki H, Kashimura M. Low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma recurring with multiple bone and lung metastases: report of a case. Gynecol Oncol. 2004;92:995-8 pubmed..Approximately 50% of patients with low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma (ESS) develop recurrent disease, mainly in lung or pelvis. Bone metastasis of low-grade ESS is an extremely rare phenomenon...
- Uramoto H, Sugio K, Oyama T, Nakata S, Ono K, Yoshimastu T, et al. Expression of endoplasmic reticulum molecular chaperone Grp78 in human lung cancer and its clinical significance. Lung Cancer. 2005;49:55-62 pubmed..The ER stress pathway mediated by Grp78 may therefore be responsible for controlling the growth of lung cancer cells. ..
- Haruki N, Takeuchi M, Nakai H, Kanazawa Y, Tsubota N, Shintome R, et al. Overnight sleeping induced daily repetitive left ventricular systolic and diastolic dysfunction in obstructive sleep apnoea: quantitative assessment using tissue Doppler imaging. Eur J Echocardiogr. 2009;10:769-75 pubmed publisher..Overnight sleeping in OSA patients is associated with the development of subclinical systolic dysfunction and exaggerated diastolic dysfunction. ..
- Yamamoto N, Yamashita Y, Tanaka T, Ishikawa A, Kito S, Wakasugi Sato N, et al. Diagnostic significance of characteristic findings on ultrasonography for the stitch abscess after surgery in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2011;47:163-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ultrasonography may be a very useful tool for diagnosis of postoperative stitch abscess and may help improve the quality of life of oral SCC patients. ..
- Shin M, Matsuo K, Tada T, Fukushima H, Furuta H, Ozeki S, et al. The inhibition of RANKL/RANK signaling by osteoprotegerin suppresses bone invasion by oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:1634-40 pubmed publisher..Our data clearly indicate that RANKL/RANK inhibition suppresses bone invasion by inhibiting osteoclastogenesis and cancer cell migration and by inducing apoptosis of cancer cells via indirect anticancer action in vivo. ..
- Yoshimura R, Hori H, Ikenouchi Sugita A, Umene Nakano W, Katsuki A, Hayashi K, et al. Aripiprazole altered plasma levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and catecholamine metabolites in first-episode untreated Japanese schizophrenia patients. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2012;27:33-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the BDNF Val66Met polymorphism was independent of the response to aripiprazole. ..
- Ueda I, Kakeda S, Watanabe K, Yoshimura R, Kishi T, Abe O, et al. Relationship between G1287A of the NET Gene Polymorphisms and Brain Volume in Major Depressive Disorder: A Voxel-Based MRI Study. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150712 pubmed publisher..In MDD patients there seems to be a relationship between the volume of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and polymorphism of the SLC6A2 G1287A gene. ..
- Iida O, Takahara M, Soga Y, Hirano K, Yamauchi Y, Zen K, et al. The Characteristics of In-Stent Restenosis After Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation in Femoropopliteal Lesions and 1-Year Prognosis After Repeat Endovascular Therapy for These Lesions. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:828-834 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the characteristics of ISR after DES implantation for FP lesions and 1-year prognosis of re-EVT for DES-ISR. The morphology of DES-ISR had a significant association with 1-year prognosis after re-EVT. ..
- Inadomi K, Kusaba H, Matsushita Y, Tanaka R, Mitsugi K, Arimizu K, et al. Efficacy and Safety Analysis of Oxaliplatin-based Chemotherapy for Advanced Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2663-2671 pubmed..Subsequent oxaliplatin-based therapy after cisplatin exhibited modest efficacy, especially in cases with cisplatin intolerance. ..
- Kurita T, Thi T, Koi C, Murakami M, Kagami S, Izumi H, et al. Expression of N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-6 Is Related to Expression of Cell Adhesion Molecules in Endometrial Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3905-3910 pubmed..GalNAc-T6 might be related to cell-cell adhesion in the early phase of cancer invasion in endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Fujikawa K, Kamiya H, Yakushiji H, Fujii Y, Nakabeppu Y, Kasai H. The oxidized forms of dATP are substrates for the human MutT homologue, the hMTH1 protein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18201-5 pubmed..These results suggest that the three damaged nucleotides share the same recognition site of hMTH1 and that it is a more important sanitization enzyme than expected thus far. ..
- Tanaka T, Morimoto Y, Masumi S, Tominaga K, Ohba T. Utility of frequency-selective fat saturation T2-weighted MR images for the detection of joint effusion in the temporomandibular joint. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2002;31:305-12 pubmed..To investigate whether bone marrow abnormalities and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings of internal derangement may be linked to joint effusion in the TMJ in patients with pain...
- Yamamoto O, Doi Y, Hamada T, Hisaoka M, Sasaguri Y. An immunohistochemical and ultrastructural study of syringocystadenoma papilliferum. Br J Dermatol. 2002;147:936-45 pubmed..These results support the classical concept that syringocystadenoma papilliferum is a hamartomatous tumour that arises from pluripotent cells. ..
- Kikuchi K, Nagatomo T, Abe H, Kawakami K, Duff H, Makielski J, et al. Blockade of HERG cardiac K+ current by antifungal drug miconazole. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;144:840-8 pubmed..Thus, miconazole prolongs the QT interval by direct inhibition of HERG channels. ..
- Hirota S, Takahama U, Ly T, Yamauchi R. Quercetin-dependent inhibition of nitration induced by peroxidase/H2O2/nitrite systems in human saliva and characterization of an oxidation product of quercetin formed during the inhibition. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:3265-72 pubmed..On the basis of the results, the significance of quercetin for inhibition of nitrogen dioxide formation and for scavenging of nitrogen dioxide radicals in the oral cavity is discussed. ..
- Ikenouchi A, Yoshimura R, Ikemura N, Utsunomiya K, Mitoma M, Nakamura J. Plasma levels of brain derived-neurotrophic factor and catecholamine metabolites are increased during active phase of psychotic symptoms in CNS lupus: a case report. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2006;30:1359-63 pubmed
- Takahashi Y, Yoshida A, Nagata E, Hoshino T, Oho T, Awano S, et al. Streptococcus anginosus l-cysteine desulfhydrase gene expression is associated with abscess formation in BALB/c mice. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2011;26:221-7 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the lcd gene of S. anginosus is upregulated in mouse abscesses and that hydrogen sulfide, the product of a reaction catalyzed by ?C-S lyase, plays an etiological role in odontogenic abscess formation...
- Niikura N, Tomotaki A, Miyata H, Iwamoto T, Kawai M, Anan K, et al. Changes in tumor expression of HER2 and hormone receptors status after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in 21,755 patients from the Japanese breast cancer registry. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:480-7 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support the need for retest ER, PgR, HER2 of surgical sample after neoadjuvant therapy in order to accurately determine appropriate use of targeted therapy. ..
- Ohnishi A, Yoshimura T, Kanehisa Y, Fukushima Y. [A case of hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy type I with a new type of peripheral myelin protein (PMP)-22 mutation]. Rinsho Shinkeigaku. 1995;35:788-92 pubmed..Reports of patients with a point mutation of amino acids of PMP-22 are rare in the literature. This is the first Japanese patient with a new type of mutation of the PMP-22 gene. ..
- Ohnishi A, Yamamoto T, Yamamori S, Sudo K, Fukushima Y, Ikeda M. Myelinated fibers in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1B with Arg98His mutation of Po protein. J Neurol Sci. 1999;171:97-109 pubmed..This study contributes to a better understanding of myelin abnormalities in patients with CMT type 1B and Arg98His or other similar extramembranous amino acid substitutions of Po protein. ..
- Imamura T, Izumi H, Nagatani G, Ise T, Nomoto M, Iwamoto Y, et al. Interaction with p53 enhances binding of cisplatin-modified DNA by high mobility group 1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:7534-40 pubmed..Interaction of p53 with HMG1 after DNA damage may promote activation of specific HMG1 binding to damaged DNA in vivo and provide a molecular link between DNA damage and p53-mediated DNA repair. ..
- Takahama U, Oniki T, Hirota S. Oxidation of quercetin by salivary components. Quercetin-dependent reduction of salivary nitrite under acidic conditions producing nitric oxide. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:4317-22 pubmed..These results indicate that there is a possibility of reactions between phenolics and nitrous acid derived from salivary nitrite in the stomach...
- Miyamoto H, Yoshida S, Taniguchi H, Shuman H. Virulence conversion of Legionella pneumophila by conjugal transfer of chromosomal DNA. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:6712-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that Legionella chromosomal virulence genes (icm-dot locus) were horizontally transferred by the conjugation system. The chromosomal conjugation system may play a role(s) in the evolution of L. pneumophila. ..
- Kobayashi M, Shimauchi T, Hino R, Tokura Y. Roxithromycin downmodulates Th2 chemokine production by keratinocytes and chemokine receptor expression on Th2 cells: its dual inhibitory effects on the ligands and the receptors. Cell Immunol. 2004;228:27-33 pubmed..Thus, RXM downmodulates both the production and receptor expression of Th2 but not Th1 chemokines involved in cutaneous immunity, suggesting its beneficial therapeutic effects on Th2-mediated or allergic skin disorders. ..
- Higashi T, Tsukada J, Kato C, Iwashige A, Mizobe T, Machida S, et al. Imatinib mesylate-sensitive blast crisis immediately after discontinuation of imatinib mesylate therapy in chronic myelogenous leukemia: report of two cases. Am J Hematol. 2004;76:275-8 pubmed..Our report suggests the possibility that withdrawal of imatinib mesylate may lead to proliferation of blast clones even in patients showing good responses to imatinib mesylate without signs of disease progression. ..
- Nomura H, Tanimoto H, Kajiwara E, Shimono J, Maruyama T, Yamashita N, et al. Factors contributing to ribavirin-induced anemia. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004;19:1312-7 pubmed..Patients who experience a fall in hemoglobin concentrations of 2 g/dL or more at week 2 after the start of treatment should be monitored with particular care. ..
- Nakata S, Sugio K, Uramoto H, Oyama T, Hanagiri T, Morita M, et al. The methylation status and protein expression of CDH1, p16(INK4A), and fragile histidine triad in nonsmall cell lung carcinoma: epigenetic silencing, clinical features, and prognostic significance. Cancer. 2006;106:2190-9 pubmed..In addition, the analysis of methylation and expression of CDH1 played a clinically important role in treatment strategies for patients with NSCLC. ..
- Ohguri T, Hisaoka M, Kawauchi S, Sasaki K, Aoki T, Kanemitsu S, et al. Cytogenetic analysis of myxoid liposarcoma and myxofibrosarcoma by array-based comparative genomic hybridisation. J Clin Pathol. 2006;59:978-83 pubmed..To investigate overall chromosomal alterations using array-based comparative genomic hybridisation (CGH) of myxoid liposarcomas (MLSs) and myxofibrosarcomas (MFSs)...
- Horita H, Kuroda E, Hachisuga T, Kashimura M, Yamashita U. Induction of prostaglandin E2 production by leukemia inhibitory factor promotes migration of first trimester extravillous trophoblast cell line, HTR-8/SVneo. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:1801-9 pubmed..It is suggested that LIF participates in placentation through EVT invasion by up-regulating PGE2 production and PGE2 receptor expression in first trimester EVT. ..
- Takemasa H, Nagatomo T, Abe H, Kawakami K, Igarashi T, Tsurugi T, et al. Coexistence of hERG current block and disruption of protein trafficking in ketoconazole-induced long QT syndrome. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:439-47 pubmed..These findings should be considered when evaluating new drugs. ..
- Sawamukai N, Saito K, Yamaoka K, Nakayamada S, Ra C, Tanaka Y. Leflunomide inhibits PDK1/Akt pathway and induces apoptosis of human mast cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:6479-84 pubmed..These results indicate a new way of controlling mast cells and may therefore be the basis for innovative approaches to the treatment of various diseases related to mast cells. ..
- Miyanishi K, Hara T, Kaminomachi S, Maeda H, Watanabe H, Torisu T. Contrast-enhanced MR imaging of subchondral insufficiency fracture of the femoral head: a preliminary comparison with that of osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2009;129:583-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the presence of contrast enhancement in the segment proximal to the low-signal intensity band in the femoral head may serve as a supplemental diagnostic measure for the differentiation of SIF from ON. ..
- Sato S, Fujita K, Kanazawa M, Mukumoto K, Ohtsuka K, Takenaka S. Reliable ferrocenyloligonucleotide-immobilized electrodes and their application to electrochemical DNase I assay. Anal Chim Acta. 2009;645:30-5 pubmed publisher..The current signal of the FcODN electrode was stable to storage in Biopak water up to 16 days with a 30% signal decrease over this period. DNase I activity in human sera was also determined successfully with this sensor chip. ..
- Umene Nakano W, Yoshimura R, Yoshii C, Hoshuyama T, Hayashi K, Hori H, et al. Varenicline does not increase serum BDNF levels in patients with nicotine dependence. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2010;25:276-9 pubmed publisher..0 +/- 1.1 ng/ml) of patients. These results suggest that smoking might decrease serum BDNF levels and that treatment with varenicline for 8 weeks, combined with 12 weeks of not smoking, does not increase serum BDNF levels in smokers. ..
- Yoshioka I, Tanaka T, Khanal A, Habu M, Kito S, Kodama M, et al. Relationship between inferior alveolar nerve canal position at mandibular second molar in patients with prognathism and possible occurrence of neurosensory disturbance after sagittal split ramus osteotomy. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;68:3022-7 pubmed publisher..Also, the present study evaluated the difference in anatomic position of the IAN between patients with and without mandibular prognathism...
- Uramoto H, Akyürek L, Hanagiri T. A positive relationship between filamin and VEGF in patients with lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3939-44 pubmed..Although our findings do not suggest that the expression of FLNA alone plays an independent prognostic role, the angiogenesis pathway mediated by FLNA appears to be responsible for controlling the growth of lung tumors. ..
- Oka S, Uramoto H, Hanagiri T. Successful extirpation of thoracic pleural lipoma by single-port thoracoscopic surgery. Asian J Surg. 2011;34:140-2 pubmed publisher..The resected tumor was a pedunculated pleural mass, yellowish in color, and pathological diagnosis confirmed a lipoma. We describe the first known successful treatment by single-port VATS...
- Ohbuchi T, Mori T, Tabata T, Hanaguri M, Hisaoka M, Hashida K, et al. Coexistence of pyriform sinus fistula, ectopic lingual thyroid, and ectopic cervical thymus. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2012;39:634-7 pubmed publisher..We report an extremely rare case of coexistence of pyriform sinus fistula, ectopic lingual thyroid, and ectopic cervical thymus...
- Tanaka Y, Yamaoka K. JAK inhibitor tofacitinib for treating rheumatoid arthritis: from basic to clinical. Mod Rheumatol. 2013;23:415-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, an orally available kinase inhibitor tofacitinib targeting JAK-mediated signals would be expected to be a new option for RA treatment. ..
- Yatera K, Naito K, Noguchi S, Akata K, Yamasaki K, Nishida C, et al. Clinical efficacy and safety of high-dose doripenem in Japanese patients with pneumonia. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:137-42 pubmed publisher..5Â g daily to 3Â g daily was 84.6% (11/13). High-dose DRPM (3Â g daily) treatment is effective and relatively safe in Japanese patients with pneumonia. ..
- Morimoto Y, Izumi H, Yoshiura Y, Fujishima K, Yatera K, Yamamoto K. Usefulness of Intratracheal Instillation Studies for Estimating Nanoparticle-Induced Pulmonary Toxicity. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..We suggest that intratracheal instillation studies can be useful for ranking the hazard of nanoparticles through pulmonary inflammation. ..
- Iwamoto T, Kumamaru H, Miyata H, Tomotaki A, Niikura N, Kawai M, et al. Distinct breast cancer characteristics between screen- and self-detected breast cancers recorded in the Japanese Breast Cancer Registry. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;156:485-494 pubmed publisher..The differences in biological characteristics between screen- and self-detected cancers may account in part for the limited efficacy of breast cancer screening programs aimed at improving breast cancer mortality. ..
- Qian J, Haruno A, Asada Y, Nishida T, Saito Y, Matsuda T, et al. Local expression of C-type natriuretic peptide suppresses inflammation, eliminates shear stress-induced thrombosis, and prevents neointima formation through enhanced nitric oxide production in rabbit injured carotid arteries. Circ Res. 2002;91:1063-9 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that overexpression of CNP shows antithrombotic and antiinflammatory effects and reduces neointima formation mainly through enhanced NO production. ..
- Fujino Y, Matsuda S. Prospective study of living arrangement by the ability to receive informal care and survival among Japanese elderly. Prev Med. 2009;48:79-85 pubmed publisher..89, 95% Confidence Interval 1.07-3.34; and hazard ratio=5.76, 95% Confidence Interval 2.16-15.36; respectively). We found that living arrangement as classified by the ability to receive informal care affects survival among elderly men. ..
- Michishita R, Matsuda T, Kawakami S, Tanaka S, Kiyonaga A, Tanaka H, et al. The association between changes in lifestyle behaviors and the incidence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in middle-aged and older men. J Epidemiol. 2017;27:389-397 pubmed publisher..02; 95% CI, 2.83-26.69 for unhealthy-unhealthy group). The results of the present study suggest that the lack of habitual moderate exercise, late-night dinner, and bedtime snacking may increase the risk of CKD. ..
- Osaki T, Oyama T, Gu C, Yamashita T, So T, Takenoyama M, et al. Prognostic impact of micrometastatic tumor cells in the lymph nodes and bone marrow of patients with completely resected stage I non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2002;20:2930-6 pubmed..The detection of lymph nodal micrometastatic tumor cells provides an accurate assessment of tumor staging and has powerful prognostic implications for completely resected stage I NSCLC patients. ..
- Kusaba A, Ansai T, Akifusa S, Nakahigashi K, Taketani S, Inokuchi H, et al. Cloning and expression of a Porphyromonas gingivalis gene for protoporphyrinogen oxidase by complementation of a hemG mutant of Escherichia coli. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2002;17:290-5 pubmed..We postulated that a porphyrin biosynthetic pathway to heme from preuroporphyrin may be conserved in P. gingivalis. ..
- Sugio K, Osaki T, Oyama T, Takenoyama M, Hanagiri T, Morita M, et al. Genetic alteration in carcinoid tumors of the lung. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;9:149-54 pubmed..The presence of LOH at 3p14 or 9p may thus help to identify lung cancer patients with a poor prognosis. ..
- Morimoto Y, Tanaka T, Tominaga K, Yoshioka I, Kito S, Ohba T. Clinical application of magnetic resonance sialographic 3-dimensional reconstruction imaging and magnetic resonance virtual endoscopy for salivary gland duct analysis. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62:1237-45 pubmed
- Kubota T, Okabe H, Hisatomi T, Yamakiri K, Sakamoto T, Tawara A. Ultrastructure of the trabecular meshwork in secondary glaucoma eyes after intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide. J Glaucoma. 2006;15:117-9 pubmed..The ultrastructural changes in the trabecular meshwork of eyes with glaucoma after treatment with intravitreal TA might resemble those with glaucoma after topical corticosteroid treatment. ..
- Hachisuka K, Makino K, Wada F, Saeki S, Yoshimoto N, Arai M. Clinical application of carbon fibre reinforced plastic leg orthosis for polio survivors and its advantages and disadvantages. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2006;30:129-35 pubmed..The carbon KAFO is lightweight, durable, slim and smart, and is positively indicated for polio survivors. ..
- Yoshimura K, Aiko Y, Inagaki H, Nakata M, Hachisuga T. Prenatal spontaneous disruption of the dividing membrane in monochorionic diamniotic twins detected at the time of fetoscopic laser photocoagulation. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2009;35:1129-31 pubmed publisher..The remainder of the pregnancy was managed as a monoamniotic twin gestation. Elective cesarean section was performed at 32 weeks of gestation following antenatal steroids and concordantly grown healthy male infants were delivered. ..
- Shibayama A, Hara K, Sata T. [Anesthetic management of a child with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome]. Masui. 2010;59:246-8 pubmed..Fortunately, her perioperative course was uneventful. The patients having LGS should be placed under careful observation postoperatively. ..
- Hashiguchi D, Fukushima H, Nakamura M, Morikawa K, Yasuda H, Udagawa N, et al. Mineral trioxide aggregate solution inhibits osteoclast differentiation through the maintenance of osteoprotegerin expression in osteoblasts. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2011;96:358-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the maintenance of OPG expression in POBs appears to be critical for the inhibitory effect of MTA solution on osteoclast differentiation. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Hiromasa K, Kabashima Kubo R, Yoshioka M, Nakamura M. Galectin-7, induced by cis-urocanic acid and ultraviolet B irradiation, down-modulates cytokine production by T lymphocytes. Exp Dermatol. 2013;22:840-2 pubmed publisher..Taken together, galectin-7 may play important roles in downregulating the functions of T lymphocytes after UVB irradiation and can be developed into novel immunosuppressive therapies for inflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Tanaka Y. Human mesenchymal stem cells as a tool for joint repair in rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S58-62 pubmed..Thus, our data may serve as a new strategy for MSC-based therapy in inflammatory diseases and an alternative delivery method for the treatment of damaged joints in RA. ..
- Kitagawa K, Kawamoto T, Kunugita N, Tsukiyama T, Okamoto K, Yoshida A, et al. Aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) 2 associates with oxidation of methoxyacetaldehyde; in vitro analysis with liver subcellular fraction derived from human and Aldh2 gene targeting mouse. FEBS Lett. 2000;476:306-11 pubmed..These data suggest that ALDH2 is a key enzyme for MALD oxidation and ME susceptibility may be influenced by the ALDH2 genotype. ..