Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish proteins in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: zebrafish proteins
- Nakada C, Satoh S, Tabata Y, Arai K, Watanabe S. Transcriptional repressor foxl1 regulates central nervous system development by suppressing shh expression in zebra fish. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7246-57 pubmed..In view of all of our data taken together, we propose zfoxl1 to be a novel regulator of neural development that acts by suppressing shh expression. ..
- Ishiguro H, Furukawa Y, Daigo Y, Miyoshi Y, Nagasawa Y, Nishiwaki T, et al. Isolation and characterization of human NBL4, a gene involved in the beta-catenin/tcf signaling pathway. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2000;91:597-603 pubmed..The results support the view that NBL4 is an important component of the beta-catenin / Tcf pathway and is probably related to determination of cell polarity or proliferation. ..
- Kimura M, Taniguchi M, Mikami Y, Masuda T, Yoshida T, Mishina M, et al. Identification and characterization of zebrafish semaphorin 6D. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:762-8 pubmed..It induces the repulsion of dorsal root ganglion axons, but not sympathetic axons. Consequently, Sema6D might use Plexin-A1 as a receptor to repel specific types of axons during development. ..
- Yoshida T, Mishina M. Zebrafish orthologue of mental retardation protein IL1RAPL1 regulates presynaptic differentiation. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;39:218-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Il1rapl1b plays an important role in presynaptic differentiation during synapse formation. ..
- Hashiguchi Y, Nishida M. Evolution of vomeronasal-type odorant receptor genes in the zebrafish genome. Gene. 2005;362:19-28 pubmed..The evolution of the zebrafish V2R gene family can be explained by repeated tandem gene duplications within gene clusters and large-scale duplications among chromosomes...
- Saneyoshi T, Kume S, Amasaki Y, Mikoshiba K. The Wnt/calcium pathway activates NF-AT and promotes ventral cell fate in Xenopus embryos. Nature. 2002;417:295-9 pubmed
- Nomura Kitabayashi A, Takahashi Y, Kitajima S, Inoue T, Takeda H, Saga Y. Hypomorphic Mesp allele distinguishes establishment of rostrocaudal polarity and segment border formation in somitogenesis. Development. 2002;129:2473-81 pubmed..These results suggest that the Mesp family of transcription factors is involved in both segment border formation and establishment of RC polarity through different genetic cascades. ..
- Kubota Y, Oike Y, Satoh S, Tabata Y, Niikura Y, Morisada T, et al. Cooperative interaction of Angiopoietin-like proteins 1 and 2 in zebrafish vascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13502-7 pubmed..These results provide a physiological demonstration of the cooperative interaction of Angptl1 and Angptl2 in endothelial cells through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt mediated antiapoptotic activities. ..
- Effendi K, Yamazaki K, Mori T, Masugi Y, Makino S, Sakamoto M. Involvement of hepatocellular carcinoma biomarker, cyclase-associated protein 2 in zebrafish body development and cancer progression. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:35-44 pubmed publisher..CAP2 also played an important role in enhancing cell motility, which may promote a more invasive behavior in the progression of HCC. These findings highlight the link between development and cancer. ..
- Ishimatsu K, Takamatsu A, Takeda H. Emergence of traveling waves in the zebrafish segmentation clock. Development. 2010;137:1595-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we suggest that Fgf has an essential role in establishing the period gradient that is required for the her1 spatial oscillation pattern at the emergence of the traveling wave. ..
- Komoike Y, Kawamura A, Shindo N, Sato C, Satoh J, Shiurba R, et al. Zebrafish Polycomb group gene ph2alpha is required for epiboly and tailbud formation acting downstream of FGF signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:858-66 pubmed..Collectively, the data argue that ph2alpha is required for epiboly and tailbud formation, acting downstream of the FGF signaling pathway. ..
- Muto A, Arai K, Watanabe S. Rab11-FIP4 is predominantly expressed in neural tissues and involved in proliferation as well as in differentiation during zebrafish retinal development. Dev Biol. 2006;292:90-102 pubmed
- Hirayama J, Miyamura N, Uchida Y, Asaoka Y, Honda R, Sawanobori K, et al. Common light signaling pathways controlling DNA repair and circadian clock entrainment in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2794-801 pubmed
- Nakada C, Iida A, Tabata Y, Watanabe S. Forkhead transcription factor foxe1 regulates chondrogenesis in zebrafish. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2009;312:827-40 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the roles reported for FOXE1 in mammalian thyroid development may have been acquired during evolution. ..
- Seo J, Asaoka Y, Nagai Y, Hirayama J, Yamasaki T, Namae M, et al. Negative regulation of wnt11 expression by Jnk signaling during zebrafish gastrulation. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:1022-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, non-canonical Wnt signaling may coordinate vertebrate CE movements by triggering Jnk activation that represses the expression of the CE-triggering ligand wnt11. ..
- Shono T, Kurokawa D, Miyake T, Okabe M. Acquisition of glial cells missing 2 enhancers contributes to a diversity of ionocytes in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23746 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that an acquisition of enhancers for the expression of gcm2 contributes to a diversity of ionocytes in zebrafish during evolution. ..
- Wada Y, Sugiyama J, Okano T, Fukada Y. GRK1 and GRK7: unique cellular distribution and widely different activities of opsin phosphorylation in the zebrafish rods and cones. J Neurochem. 2006;98:824-37 pubmed..The reinforced activity of the cone kinase should provide a strengthened shutoff mechanism of the light-signaling in the cone and contribute to the characteristics of the cone responses by reducing signal amplification efficiency. ..
- Saitoh T, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WNT8A. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:123-7 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that WNT8A might be implicated in development of early embryos as well as germ cell tumors through activation of the WNT - beta-catenin - TCF pathway. ..
- Katoh M. Expression and regulation of WNT1 in human cancer: up-regulation of WNT1 by beta-estradiol in MCF-7 cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:209-12 pubmed..WNT1 was found to be one of estrogen target genes in human MCF-7 cells, which in part explains Wnt1-induced mammary carcinogenesis in ERalpha knockout mice. ..
- Kobayashi I, Ono H, Moritomo T, Kano K, Nakanishi T, Suda T. Comparative gene expression analysis of zebrafish and mammals identifies common regulators in hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2010;115:e1-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the overlapping genes identified in this study are regulated in HSCs and play important roles in their functions. ..
- Katoh M. Regulation of WNT signaling molecules by retinoic acid during neuronal differentiation in NT2 cells: threshold model of WNT action (review). Int J Mol Med. 2002;10:683-7 pubmed..The author proposes the threshold model of WNT action. ..
- Chen X, Yoshida T, Sagara H, Mikami Y, Mishina M. Protein tyrosine phosphatase ? regulates the synapse number of zebrafish olfactory sensory neurons. J Neurochem. 2011;119:532-43 pubmed publisher..The density of docked vesicles at the active zone was also increased significantly. Our results suggest that presynaptic PTP? controls the number of OSN-mitral cell synapses by suppressing their excessive increase. ..
- Shibata S, Umei M, Kawahara H, Yano M, Makino S, Okano H. Characterization of the RNA-binding protein Musashi1 in zebrafish. Brain Res. 2012;1462:162-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Msi1 plays roles in CNS development in vertebrates. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "RNA-Binding Proteins". ..
- Nunomura W, Takakuwa Y, Cherr G, Murata K. Characterization of protein 4.1R in erythrocytes of zebrafish (Danio rerio): unique binding properties with transmembrane proteins and calmodulin. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;148:124-38 pubmed..Finally, we confirmed ZFR30 binding to erythrocyte plasma membrane proteins by pulling down ZFR30 with human erythrocyte inside-out vesicles (IOV). This study defines unique structural and functional properties for ZF4.1R. ..
- Horikawa K, Ishimatsu K, Yoshimoto E, Kondo S, Takeda H. Noise-resistant and synchronized oscillation of the segmentation clock. Nature. 2006;441:719-23 pubmed..The intercellular coupling was found to have a crucial role in minimizing the effects of this noise to maintain coherent oscillation. ..
- Nakajima H, Yamamoto K, Agarwala S, Terai K, Fukui H, Fukuhara S, et al. Flow-Dependent Endothelial YAP Regulation Contributes to Vessel Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;40:523-536.e6 pubmed publisher..Yap1 mutant zebrafish showed a defect in vascular stability, indicating an essential role for Yap1 in blood vessels. Our data imply that endothelial Yap1 functions in response to flow to maintain blood vessels. ..
- Tago K, Nakamura T, Nishita M, Hyodo J, Nagai S, Murata Y, et al. Inhibition of Wnt signaling by ICAT, a novel beta-catenin-interacting protein. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1741-9 pubmed..These results suggest that ICAT negatively regulates Wnt signaling via inhibition of the interaction between beta-catenin and TCF and is integral in development and cell proliferation. ..
- Kawakami A, Nojima Y, Toyoda A, Takahoko M, Satoh M, Tanaka H, et al. The zebrafish-secreted matrix protein you/scube2 is implicated in long-range regulation of hedgehog signaling. Curr Biol. 2005;15:480-8 pubmed..We further show that Bmp activity can be attenuated by the coexpression of Scube2. Our data support the idea that Scube2 can modulate the long-range action of Bmp-dependent signaling in the neural tube and somites. ..
- Satoh S, Daigo Y, Furukawa Y, Kato T, Miwa N, Nishiwaki T, et al. AXIN1 mutations in hepatocellular carcinomas, and growth suppression in cancer cells by virus-mediated transfer of AXIN1. Nat Genet. 2000;24:245-50 pubmed
- Kurita R, Tabata Y, Sagara H, Arai K, Watanabe S. A novel smoothelin-like, actin-binding protein required for choroidal fissure closure in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:1092-100 pubmed..On the other hand, retinal differentiation and optic nerve formation seemed normal. Taken together, our data suggest that gene #61 may play a role in the formation of hyaloid vessels and subsequent choroid fissure closure. ..
- Murayama E, Herbomel P, Kawakami A, Takeda H, Nagasawa H. Otolith matrix proteins OMP-1 and Otolin-1 are necessary for normal otolith growth and their correct anchoring onto the sensory maculae. Mech Dev. 2005;122:791-803 pubmed
- Terasaki H, Saitoh T, Shiokawa K, Katoh M. Frizzled-10, up-regulated in primary colorectal cancer, is a positive regulator of the WNT - beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:107-12 pubmed..These results suggest that up-regulation of FZD10 mRNA in several types of human cells might lead to carcinogenesis through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway synergistically with some class of WNTs. ..
- Ohmoto M, Okada S, Nakamura S, Abe K, Matsumoto I. Mutually exclusive expression of G?ia and G?14 reveals diversification of taste receptor cells in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:1616-29 pubmed publisher..The existence of not only generalized but also specialized subsets of TRCs may imply a strong connection between the evolution of the peripheral gustatory system and the evolution of particular species. ..
- Yoshida T, Ito A, Matsuda N, Mishina M. Regulation by protein kinase A switching of axonal pathfinding of zebrafish olfactory sensory neurons through the olfactory placode-olfactory bulb boundary. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4964-72 pubmed..We thus propose that the regulation of PKA signaling plays a key role in the long-distance axonal pathfinding through intermediate guideposts. ..
- Komoike Y, Shimojima K, Liang J, Fujii H, Maegaki Y, Osawa M, et al. A functional analysis of GABARAP on 17p13.1 by knockdown zebrafish. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:155-62 pubmed publisher..Although there were no pathogenic mutations in DLG4/PSD95 or GABARAP in a cohort study with 142 patients with idiopathic developmental delay with/without epilepsy, further studies would be required for genes included in this region. ..
- Yada Y, Makino S, Chigusa Ishiwa S, Shiroishi T. The mouse polydactylous mutation, luxate (lx), causes anterior shift of the anteroposterior border in the developing hindlimb bud. Int J Dev Biol. 2002;46:975-82 pubmed..Thus, ectopic Shh is not a primary defect of the lx mutation. Rather, our results indicate that the lx mutation affects the positioning of the anteroposterior border in developing hindlimb buds. ..
- Okada A, Nagata K, Sano K, Yasumasu S, Kubota K, Ohtsuka J, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of ZHE1, a hatching enzyme from the zebrafish Danio rerio. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:1018-20 pubmed publisher..0-1.14 A. The space group was assigned as primitive orthorhombic P2(1)2(1)2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 32.9, b = 62.5, c = 87.4 A. The crystal contained one ZHE1 molecule in the asymmetric unit. ..
- Osaki E, Nishina Y, Inazawa J, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Identification of a novel Sry-related gene and its germ cell-specific expression. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:2503-10 pubmed..Mapping analyses revealed that the Sox30 gene is located on human chromosome 5 (5q33) and on mouse chromosome 11. ..
- Yamada M, Ohkawara B, Ichimura N, Hyodo Miura J, Urushiyama S, Shirakabe K, et al. Negative regulation of Wnt signalling by HMG2L1, a novel NLK-binding protein. Genes Cells. 2003;8:677-84 pubmed..Our findings indicate that xHMG2L1 may negatively regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signalling, and that xHMG2L1 may play a role in early Xenopus development together with NLK. ..
- Sekine Y, Nishibori Y, Akimoto Y, Kudo A, Ito N, Fukuhara D, et al. Amino acid transporter LAT3 is required for podocyte development and function. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1586-96 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LAT3 may play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of podocyte structure and function by regulating protein synthesis and the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Haraguchi K, Nishida A, Ishidate T, Akiyama T. Activation of beta-catenin-TCF-mediated transcription by non-receptor tyrosine kinase v-Src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:841-4 pubmed..Our finding raises the possibility that aberrantly activated c-Src may enhance Wnt signaling and this may contribute to tumor progression. ..
- Yokoi H, Shimada A, Carl M, Takashima S, Kobayashi D, Narita T, et al. Mutant analyses reveal different functions of fgfr1 in medaka and zebrafish despite conserved ligand-receptor relationships. Dev Biol. 2007;304:326-37 pubmed..Comparative analysis using different fish is thus invaluable for shedding light on evolutionary diversification of gene function. ..
- Seidler H, Utsuyama M, Nagaoka S, Takemura T, Kitagawa M, Hirokawa K. Expression level of Wnt signaling components possibly influences the biological behavior of colorectal cancer in different age groups. Exp Mol Pathol. 2004;76:224-33 pubmed..We concluded that the level of Wnt signaling activation might influence the behavior of the disease in different age groups. ..
- Kubota Y, Oike Y, Satoh S, Tabata Y, Niikura Y, Morisada T, et al. Isolation and expression patterns of genes for three angiopoietin-like proteins, Angptl1, 2 and 6 in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:679-85 pubmed..Zangptl6 is expressed in the notochord. In addition to its embryonic expression, Zangptl2 is induced in adult fish during fin regeneration. ..
- Satoh K, Kasai M, Ishidao T, Tago K, Ohwada S, Hasegawa Y, et al. Anteriorization of neural fate by inhibitor of beta-catenin and T cell factor (ICAT), a negative regulator of Wnt signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8017-21 pubmed..These results suggest that ICAT plays an important role in the anteriorization of neural cells by inhibiting the posteriorizing activity of Wnt signaling. ..
- Muto E, Tabata Y, Taneda T, Aoki Y, Muto A, Arai K, et al. Identification and characterization of Veph, a novel gene encoding a PH domain-containing protein expressed in the developing central nervous system of vertebrates. Biochimie. 2004;86:523-31 pubmed..On the other hand, homozygous knockout mice of Veph showed no significant defect in the CNS, pointing to possible different functions of Veph between the zebrafish and mouse. ..
- Yoshida T, Mishina M. Neuron-specific gene manipulations to transparent zebrafish embryos. Methods Cell Sci. 2003;25:15-23 pubmed..The combination of visualization and neuron-specific gene manipulation provides a powerful reverse genetic in vivo approach for the study of genes of interest in neural differentiation, axonal pathfinding, and synaptogenesis. ..
- Yanagita M, Oka M, Watabe T, Iguchi H, Niida A, Takahashi S, et al. USAG-1: a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist abundantly expressed in the kidney. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:490-500 pubmed..Collectively, we suggest that USAG-1 is a BMP antagonist that interacts with BMP-7 in the developing and adult kidney. ..
- Yoshida T, Uchida S, Mishina M. Regulation of synaptic vesicle accumulation and axon terminal remodeling during synapse formation by distinct Ca signaling. J Neurochem. 2009;111:160-70 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IP(3)-mediated Ca(2+)/calmodulin signaling stimulates synaptic vesicle accumulation and subsequent neuronal activity-dependent Ca(2+)/calmodulin signaling induces the morphological remodeling of axon terminals. ..
- Abe T, Ishikawa T, Masuda T, Mizusawa K, Tsukamoto T, Mitani H, et al. Molecular analysis of Dec1 and Dec2 in the peripheral circadian clock of zebrafish photosensitive cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:1072-7 pubmed
- Matsuda N, Mishina M. Identification of chaperonin CCT gamma subunit as a determinant of retinotectal development by whole-genome subtraction cloning from zebrafish no tectal neuron mutant. Development. 2004;131:1913-25 pubmed..Similarly, the expression of brn3b was normal in the tectum of ntn mutants, but tectal neuropil formation was abolished. These results suggest that the gamma subunit of chaperonin CCT plays an essential role in retinotectal development. ..
- Sekimizu K, Nishioka N, Sasaki H, Takeda H, Karlstrom R, Kawakami A. The zebrafish iguana locus encodes Dzip1, a novel zinc-finger protein required for proper regulation of Hedgehog signaling. Development. 2004;131:2521-32 pubmed..Taken together, our studies show that Igu/Dzip1 functions as a permissive factor that is required for the proper regulation of Hh target genes in response to Hh signals. ..
- Kanai Azuma M, Kanai Y, Gad J, Tajima Y, Taya C, Kurohmaru M, et al. Depletion of definitive gut endoderm in Sox17-null mutant mice. Development. 2002;129:2367-79 pubmed..Our findings indicate an important role of Sox17 in endoderm development in the mouse, highlighting the idea that the molecular mechanism for endoderm formation is likely to be conserved among vertebrates. ..
- Saitoh T, Mine T, Katoh M. Up-regulation of WNT8B mRNA in human gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2002;20:343-8 pubmed..WNT8B might play key roles in gastric cancer through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. ..
- Tanaka H, Morimura R, Ohshima T. Dpysl2 (CRMP2) and Dpysl3 (CRMP4) phosphorylation by Cdk5 and DYRK2 is required for proper positioning of Rohon-Beard neurons and neural crest cells during neurulation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;370:223-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the phosphorylation of Dpysl2 and Dpysl3 by Cdk5 and DYRK2 is required for the proper positioning of RB neurons and NCCs during neurulation in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Kikuchi Y, Segawa H, Tokumoto M, Tsubokawa T, Hotta Y, Uyemura K, et al. Ocular and cerebellar defects in zebrafish induced by overexpression of the LIM domains of the islet-3 LIM/homeodomain protein. Neuron. 1997;18:369-82 pubmed
- Furuhashi M, Yagi K, Yamamoto H, Furukawa Y, Shimada S, Nakamura Y, et al. Axin facilitates Smad3 activation in the transforming growth factor beta signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5132-41 pubmed..Axin may thus function as an adapter of Smad3, facilitating its activation by TGF-beta receptors for efficient TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Katoh M. WNT and FGF gene clusters (review). Int J Oncol. 2002;21:1269-73 pubmed..WNT gene clusters on human chromosome 1q42, 2q35, 12q13, and 17q21 as well as FGF gene cluster on human chromosome 12p13 might be amplified or translocated in human cancer just like FGF gene cluster on human chromosome 11q13. ..
- Shibata T, Chuma M, Kokubu A, Sakamoto M, Hirohashi S. EBP50, a beta-catenin-associating protein, enhances Wnt signaling and is over-expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2003;38:178-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the EBP50/beta-catenin complex promotes Wnt signaling, and over-expression of EBP50 may work cooperatively with beta-catenin in the development of liver cancer. ..
- Niikura Y, Tabata Y, Tajima A, Inoue I, Arai K, Watanabe S. Zebrafish Numb homologue: phylogenetic evolution and involvement in regulation of left-right asymmetry. Mech Dev. 2006;123:407-14 pubmed