Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
- Nomura R, Kamei E, Hotta Y, Konishi M, Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf16 is essential for pectoral fin bud formation in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:340-6 pubmed..These findings have revealed that Fgf16, a newly identified AER factor, plays a crucial role in pectoral fin bud outgrowth by mediating the interactions of AER-mesenchyme and AER-ZPA. ..
- Miyake A, Nakayama Y, Konishi M, Itoh N. Fgf19 regulated by Hh signaling is required for zebrafish forebrain development. Dev Biol. 2005;288:259-75 pubmed..The present findings indicate that Fgf19 signaling is crucial for forebrain development by interacting with Hh and provide new insights into the roles of Fgf signaling in brain development. ..
- Kawahara A, Che Y, Hanaoka R, Takeda H, Dawid I. Zebrafish GADD45beta genes are involved in somite segmentation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:361-6 pubmed..These results indicate that regulated expression of gadd45beta genes in the anterior PSM is required for somite segmentation...
- Hanaoka R, Dawid I, Kawahara A. Cloning and expression of zebrafish genes encoding the heme synthesis enzymes uroporphyrinogen III synthase (UROS) and protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO). DNA Seq. 2007;18:54-60 pubmed
- Yamashita T, Ono K, Ohuchi H, Yumoto A, Gotoh H, Tomonari S, et al. Evolution of mammalian Opn5 as a specialized UV-absorbing pigment by a single amino acid mutation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3991-4000 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mammalian Opn5m may work exclusively as a short wavelength sensor in the brain as well as in the retina with the assistance of an 11-cis-retinal-supplying system...
- Nakayama Y, Miyake A, Nakagawa Y, Mido T, Yoshikawa M, Konishi M, et al. Fgf19 is required for zebrafish lens and retina development. Dev Biol. 2008;313:752-66 pubmed..Knockdown of Fgf19 also caused incorrect axon pathfinding. The present findings indicate that Fgf19 positively regulates the patterning and growth of the retina, and the differentiation and growth of the lens in zebrafish. ..
- Minehata K, Kawahara A, Suzuki T. meis1 regulates the development of endothelial cells in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:647-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results implicate that meis1 is a novel regulator involved in endothelial cell development, presumably affecting the vegf signaling pathway. ..
- Yamauchi H, Hotta Y, Konishi M, Miyake A, Kawahara A, Itoh N. Fgf21 is essential for haematopoiesis in zebrafish. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:649-54 pubmed..These results indicate that Fgf21 is a newly identified factor essential for the determination of myelo-erythroid progenitor cell fate in vivo. ..
- Wakasugi K, Morishima I. Identification of residues in human neuroglobin crucial for Guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor activity. Biochemistry. 2005;44:2943-8 pubmed..By carrying out exon swapping between zebrafish and human Ngb and site-directed mutagenesis, we have identified several residues that are crucial for the GDI activity of human Ngb. ..
- Kawahara A, Endo S, Dawid I. Vap (Vascular Associated Protein): a novel factor involved in erythropoiesis and angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:367-74 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vap plays an important role in the maturation of endothelial and erythroid cells in zebrafish. ..
- Wakasugi K, Morishima I. Preparation and characterization of a chimeric zebrafish-human neuroglobin engineered by module substitution. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:591-7 pubmed
- Nakajima H, Yamamoto K, Agarwala S, Terai K, Fukui H, Fukuhara S, et al. Flow-Dependent Endothelial YAP Regulation Contributes to Vessel Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;40:523-536.e6 pubmed publisher..Yap1 mutant zebrafish showed a defect in vascular stability, indicating an essential role for Yap1 in blood vessels. Our data imply that endothelial Yap1 functions in response to flow to maintain blood vessels. ..
- Kishimoto Y, Koshida S, Furutani Seiki M, Kondoh H. Zebrafish maternal-effect mutations causing cytokinesis defect without affecting mitosis or equatorial vasa deposition. Mech Dev. 2004;121:79-89 pubmed..This indicates that the basic cell architectures of early embryos are largely established by the autonomous activities of the mitotic apparatus, without much dependence on the cell cleavage machinery. ..
- Fukui H, Shiba D, Asakawa K, Kawakami K, Yokoyama T. The ciliary protein Nek8/Nphp9 acts downstream of Inv/Nphp2 during pronephros morphogenesis and left-right establishment in zebrafish. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2273-9 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, nek8 mRNA rescued inv morphant phenotypes, although inv mRNA could not rescue nek8 morphant phenotypes. These results suggest that Nek8 acts downstream of Inv function. ..
- Miyake A, Nihno S, Murakoshi Y, Satsuka A, Nakayama Y, Itoh N. Neucrin, a novel secreted antagonist of canonical Wnt signaling, plays roles in developing neural tissues in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2012;128:577-90 pubmed publisher..Neucrin is a unique secreted Wnt antagonist that is predominantly expressed in developing neural tissues and plays roles in neural development in zebrafish. ..
- Miyoshi G, Bessho Y, Yamada S, Kageyama R. Identification of a novel basic helix-loop-helix gene, Heslike, and its role in GABAergic neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2004;24:3672-82 pubmed..These results suggest that combinations of distinct bHLH factors promote formation of distinct neuronal subtypes, thereby increasing neuronal diversity. ..
- Yamauchi H, Miyakawa N, Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf4 is required for left-right patterning of visceral organs in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;332:177-85 pubmed publisher..The present findings indicate that Fgf4 plays a unique role in the LR patterning of visceral organs in zebrafish. ..
- Wakae K, Magor B, Saunders H, Nagaoka H, Kawamura A, Kinoshita K, et al. Evolution of class switch recombination function in fish activation-induced cytidine deaminase, AID. Int Immunol. 2006;18:41-7 pubmed..We discuss how pleiotropic functions of specific domains within the AID protein may have facilitated the early evolution of CSR in lower vertebrates. ..
- Sakata S, Yan Y, Satou Y, Momoi A, Ngo Hazelett P, Nozaki M, et al. Conserved function of caspase-8 in apoptosis during bony fish evolution. Gene. 2007;396:134-48 pubmed
- Wakahara T, Kusu N, Yamauchi H, Kimura I, Konishi M, Miyake A, et al. Fibin, a novel secreted lateral plate mesoderm signal, is essential for pectoral fin bud initiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;303:527-35 pubmed..The present findings have revealed a novel secreted lateral plate mesoderm signal essential for fin initiation in the lateral plate mesoderm. ..