Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on wnt proteins in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: wnt proteins
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Saitoh T, Mine T, Katoh M. Frequent up-regulation of WNT5A mRNA in primary gastric cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:515-9 pubmed..Frequent up-regulation of WNT5A mRNA in human primary gastric cancer might be due to cancer-stromal interaction. ..
- Shitashige M, Satow R, Jigami T, Aoki K, Honda K, Shibata T, et al. Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase is essential for Wnt signaling and colorectal cancer growth. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5024-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest TNIK as a feasible target for pharmacologic intervention to ablate aberrant Wnt signaling in colorectal cancer. ..
- Aoi N, Inoue K, Chikanishi T, Fujiki R, Yamamoto H, Kato H, et al. 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 modulates the hair-inductive capacity of dermal papilla cells: therapeutic potential for hair regeneration. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012;1:615-26 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that VD(3) may promote functional differentiation of DPCs and be useful in preserving the hair follicle-inductive capacity of cultured DPCs for hair regeneration therapies. ..
- Kuwahara A, Hirabayashi Y, Knoepfler P, Taketo M, Sakai J, Kodama T, et al. Wnt signaling and its downstream target N-myc regulate basal progenitors in the developing neocortex. Development. 2010;137:1035-44 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that Wnt signaling via N-myc is crucial for the control of neuron number in the developing neocortex. ..
- Hiramitsu S, Terauchi M, Kubota T. The effects of Dickkopf-4 on the proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis of osteoblasts. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4618-26 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Dkk4 functions as an inhibitor of osteoblastogenesis through Wnt/?-catenin signaling, providing new insights into the relationship between Wnt/?-catenin signaling and Dkk4 in bone formation. ..
- Kurasawa Y, Kozaki K, Pimkhaokham A, Muramatsu T, Ono H, Ishihara T, et al. Stabilization of phenotypic plasticity through mesenchymal-specific DNA hypermethylation in cancer cells. Oncogene. 2012;31:1963-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that epithelial-specific gene silencing through mesenchymal-specific DNA hypermethylation may stabilize the phenotypic plasticity of cancer cells during EMT/MET. ..
- Kawaguchi Ihara N, Murohashi I, Nara N, Tohda S. Promotion of the self-renewal capacity of human acute leukemia cells by Wnt3A. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:2701-4 pubmed..Wnt3A stimulation did not promote the growth of whole cell populations, but did promote the self-renewal of leukemic stem/progenitor cells in some AML and T-ALL cell lines. ..
- Tago K, Nakamura T, Nishita M, Hyodo J, Nagai S, Murata Y, et al. Inhibition of Wnt signaling by ICAT, a novel beta-catenin-interacting protein. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1741-9 pubmed..These results suggest that ICAT negatively regulates Wnt signaling via inhibition of the interaction between beta-catenin and TCF and is integral in development and cell proliferation. ..
- Akiyama T, Kawasaki Y. Wnt signalling and the actin cytoskeleton. Oncogene. 2006;25:7538-44 pubmed
- Goto T, Sato A, Shimizu M, Adachi S, Satoh K, Iemura S, et al. IQGAP1 functions as a modulator of dishevelled nuclear localization in Wnt signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60865 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence that IQGAP1 functions as a modulator in the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Seo J, Asaoka Y, Nagai Y, Hirayama J, Yamasaki T, Namae M, et al. Negative regulation of wnt11 expression by Jnk signaling during zebrafish gastrulation. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:1022-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, non-canonical Wnt signaling may coordinate vertebrate CE movements by triggering Jnk activation that represses the expression of the CE-triggering ligand wnt11. ..
- Satoh S, Daigo Y, Furukawa Y, Kato T, Miwa N, Nishiwaki T, et al. AXIN1 mutations in hepatocellular carcinomas, and growth suppression in cancer cells by virus-mediated transfer of AXIN1. Nat Genet. 2000;24:245-50 pubmed
- Katoh M. Differential regulation of WNT2 and WNT2B expression in human cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2001;8:657-60 pubmed..Up-regulation of WNT2 mRNA by estrogen might play a key role in some cases of human breast cancer through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. ..
- Koizumi Y, Kawashima N, Yamamoto M, Takimoto K, Zhou M, Suzuki N, et al. Wnt11 expression in rat dental pulp and promotional effects of Wnt signaling on odontoblast differentiation. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2013;53:101-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Wnt signaling upregulates odontoblast marker expression in MDPs, suggesting a promoting effect of Wnt signaling on odontoblast differentiation. ..
- Sato M, Umetsu D, Murakami S, Yasugi T, Tabata T. DWnt4 regulates the dorsoventral specificity of retinal projections in the Drosophila melanogaster visual system. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:67-75 pubmed
- Hasegawa S, Sato T, Akazawa H, Okada H, Maeno A, Ito M, et al. Apoptosis in neural crest cells by functional loss of APC tumor suppressor gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:297-302 pubmed..In contrast to its role in colorectal epithelial cells, inactivation of APC leads to dysregulation of beta-catenin/Wnt signaling with resultant apoptosis in certain tissues including neural crest cells. ..
- Katoh M. WNT2 and human gastrointestinal cancer (review). Int J Mol Med. 2003;12:811-6 pubmed..WNT2 gene is one of the targets for pharmacogenomics in the field of oncology. ..
- Satoh K, Kasai M, Ishidao T, Tago K, Ohwada S, Hasegawa Y, et al. Anteriorization of neural fate by inhibitor of beta-catenin and T cell factor (ICAT), a negative regulator of Wnt signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8017-21 pubmed..These results suggest that ICAT plays an important role in the anteriorization of neural cells by inhibiting the posteriorizing activity of Wnt signaling. ..
- Satow R, Shitashige M, Jigami T, Honda K, Ono M, Hirohashi S, et al. Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase is essential for canonical Wnt signaling in Xenopus axis formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26289-94 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that XTNIK is an essential factor for the transcriptional activity of the beta-catenin-TCF complex and dorsal axis determination in Xenopus embryos. ..
- Saitoh T, Katoh M. Expression and regulation of WNT5A and WNT5B in human cancer: up-regulation of WNT5A by TNFalpha in MKN45 cells and up-regulation of WNT5B by beta-estradiol in MCF-7 cells. Int J Mol Med. 2002;10:345-9 pubmed..Up-regulation of WNT5A and WNT5B in several types of human cancer expressing FZD5 might lead to more malignant phenotype through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF pathway. ..
- Terada Y, Tanaka H, Okado T, Shimamura H, Inoshita S, Kuwahara M, et al. Expression and function of the developmental gene Wnt-4 during experimental acute renal failure in rats. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:1223-33 pubmed..The Wnt-4-beta-catenin pathway may regulate the transcription of cyclin D1 and control the regeneration of renal tubules in ARF. ..
- Katoh M, Hirai M, Sugimura T, Terada M. Cloning, expression and chromosomal localization of Wnt-13, a novel member of the Wnt gene family. Oncogene. 1996;13:873-6 pubmed..The Wnt-13 gene has been mapped to human chromosome 1p13. These results suggest that the Wnt-13 gene may be involved in normal human development or differentiation as well as in human carcinogenesis. ..
- Haraguchi K, Ohsugi M, Abe Y, Semba K, Akiyama T, Yamamoto T. Ajuba negatively regulates the Wnt signaling pathway by promoting GSK-3beta-mediated phosphorylation of beta-catenin. Oncogene. 2008;27:274-84 pubmed..Furthermore, Wnt stimulation induced both accumulation of beta-catenin and destabilization of Ajuba. Our findings suggest that Ajuba is important for regulation of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Katoh M. Networking of WNT, FGF, Notch, BMP, and Hedgehog signaling pathways during carcinogenesis. Stem Cell Rev. 2007;3:30-8 pubmed..Disruption of the stem cell signaling network results in pathological conditions, such as congenital diseases and cancer. ..
- Kirikoshi H, Katoh M. Expression of WNT7A in human normal tissues and cancer, and regulation of WNT7A and WNT7B in human cancer. Int J Oncol. 2002;21:895-900 pubmed..beta-estradiol did not affect expression levels of WNT7A and WNT7B in MCF-7 cells. WNT7B, but not WNT7A, was slightly up-regulated by all-trans retinoic acid in NT2 cells. ..
- Funato Y, Michiue T, Asashima M, Miki H. The thioredoxin-related redox-regulating protein nucleoredoxin inhibits Wnt-beta-catenin signalling through dishevelled. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:501-8 pubmed..In addition, association between Dvl and NRX is inhibited by H(2)O(2) treatment. These data suggest a relationship between the Wnt-beta-catenin pathway and redox signalling through redox-sensitive association of NRX with Dvl. ..
- Shitashige M, Satow R, Honda K, Ono M, Hirohashi S, Yamada T. Regulation of Wnt signaling by the nuclear pore complex. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:1961-71, 1971.e1-4 pubmed publisher..A new drug targeting the interactions of TCF-4 with NPC proteins as well as their sumoylation activity might be effective for suppressing aberrant Wnt signaling and the proliferation of colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Haraguchi K, Nishida A, Ishidate T, Akiyama T. Activation of beta-catenin-TCF-mediated transcription by non-receptor tyrosine kinase v-Src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:841-4 pubmed..Our finding raises the possibility that aberrantly activated c-Src may enhance Wnt signaling and this may contribute to tumor progression. ..
- Naishiro Y, Yamada T, Idogawa M, Honda K, Takada M, Kondo T, et al. Morphological and transcriptional responses of untransformed intestinal epithelial cells to an oncogenic beta-catenin protein. Oncogene. 2005;24:3141-53 pubmed..The IGFBP2 protein interacts with integrins. Disruption of the multigene network system regulating cell adhesion and cytoskeleton may be crucial in the initiation of colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Ouchi Y, Tabata Y, Arai K, Watanabe S. Negative regulation of retinal-neurite extension by beta-catenin signaling pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4473-83 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that the Wnt pathway functions in proper neurite extension by opposing positive signals for promotion of neurite extension that are distinct from those of the MAPK pathway. ..
- Idogawa M, Masutani M, Shitashige M, Honda K, Tokino T, Shinomura Y, et al. Ku70 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 competitively regulate beta-catenin and T-cell factor-4-mediated gene transactivation: possible linkage of DNA damage recognition and Wnt signaling. Cancer Res. 2007;67:911-8 pubmed..Identification of the functional interaction of Ku70 as well as PARP-1 with the TCF-4 and beta-catenin transcriptional complex may provide insights into a novel linkage between DNA damage recognition/repair and Wnt signaling. ..
- Koso H, Ouchi Y, Tabata Y, Aoki Y, Satoh S, Arai K, et al. SSEA-1 marks regionally restricted immature subpopulations of embryonic retinal progenitor cells that are regulated by the Wnt signaling pathway. Dev Biol. 2006;292:265-76 pubmed
- Morioka K, Tanikawa C, Ochi K, Daigo Y, Katagiri T, Kawano H, et al. Orphan receptor tyrosine kinase ROR2 as a potential therapeutic target for osteosarcoma. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1227-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings revealed that the WNT5B/ROR2 signaling pathway is a promising therapeutic target for osteosarcoma. ..
- Shimizu K, Sato M, Tabata T. The Wnt5/planar cell polarity pathway regulates axonal development of the Drosophila mushroom body neuron. J Neurosci. 2011;31:4944-54 pubmed publisher..Wnt5 was broadly expressed in the developing brain. We propose that Wnt5 and the PCP pathway concertedly regulate axonal development of the MB...
- Kiyohashi K, Kakinuma S, Kamiya A, Sakamoto N, Nitta S, Yamanaka H, et al. Wnt5a signaling mediates biliary differentiation of fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells in mice. Hepatology. 2013;57:2502-13 pubmed publisher..Wnt5a-mediated signaling in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells suppresses biliary differentiation. These findings also suggest that activation of CaMKII by Wnt5a signaling suppresses biliary differentiation. (HEPATOLOGY 2013;). ..
- Okuhashi Y, Itoh M, Nara N, Tohda S. Effects of combination of notch inhibitor plus hedgehog inhibitor or Wnt inhibitor on growth of leukemia cells. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:893-6 pubmed..The anti-leukemic effects of a GSI could be promoted by its combination with Cy or Qu, in appropriate cases selected by in vitro drug sensitivity test. ..
- Hiramatsu R, Matoba S, Kanai Azuma M, Tsunekawa N, Katoh Fukui Y, Kurohmaru M, et al. A critical time window of Sry action in gonadal sex determination in mice. Development. 2009;136:129-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate the overarching importance of Sry action in the initial 6-hour phase for the female-to-male switching of FGF9/WNT4 signaling patterns. ..
- Saitoh T, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WNT8A. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:123-7 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that WNT8A might be implicated in development of early embryos as well as germ cell tumors through activation of the WNT - beta-catenin - TCF pathway. ..
- Katoh M. WNT and FGF gene clusters (review). Int J Oncol. 2002;21:1269-73 pubmed..WNT gene clusters on human chromosome 1q42, 2q35, 12q13, and 17q21 as well as FGF gene cluster on human chromosome 12p13 might be amplified or translocated in human cancer just like FGF gene cluster on human chromosome 11q13. ..
- Takahashi A, Tsutsumi R, Kikuchi I, Obuse C, Saito Y, Seidi A, et al. SHP2 tyrosine phosphatase converts parafibromin/Cdc73 from a tumor suppressor to an oncogenic driver. Mol Cell. 2011;43:45-56 pubmed publisher..Hence, SHP2 governs the opposing functions of parafibromin, deregulation of which may cause the development of tumors or developmental malformations. ..
- Katoh I, Fukunishi N, Fujimuro M, Kasai H, Moriishi K, Hata R, et al. Repression of Wnt/Î²-catenin response elements by p63 (TP63). Cell Cycle. 2016;15:699-710 pubmed publisher..The combined results indicate that Î”Np63Î± serves as a repressor that regulates Î²-catenin-mediated gene expression. ..
- Katoh M. Regulation of WNT3 and WNT3A mRNAs in human cancer cell lines NT2, MCF-7, and MKN45. Int J Oncol. 2002;20:373-7 pubmed..WNT3A, down-regulated by retinoic acid in NT2 cells, might play key roles in the maintenance of NT2 cells in the undifferentiated proliferation stage through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. ..
- Katoh M. Molecular cloning and expression of mouse Wnt14, and structural comparison between mouse Wnt14-Wnt3a gene cluster and human WNT14-WNT3A gene cluster. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:221-7 pubmed..This is the first report on structural comparison of WNT gene clusters in human genome and in mouse genome. ..
- Saneyoshi T, Kume S, Amasaki Y, Mikoshiba K. The Wnt/calcium pathway activates NF-AT and promotes ventral cell fate in Xenopus embryos. Nature. 2002;417:295-9 pubmed
- Katoh M. Regulation of WNT signaling molecules by retinoic acid during neuronal differentiation in NT2 cells: threshold model of WNT action (review). Int J Mol Med. 2002;10:683-7 pubmed..The author proposes the threshold model of WNT action. ..
- Seidler H, Utsuyama M, Nagaoka S, Takemura T, Kitagawa M, Hirokawa K. Expression level of Wnt signaling components possibly influences the biological behavior of colorectal cancer in different age groups. Exp Mol Pathol. 2004;76:224-33 pubmed..We concluded that the level of Wnt signaling activation might influence the behavior of the disease in different age groups. ..
- Tsuchiya K, Nakamura T, Okamoto R, Kanai T, Watanabe M. Reciprocal targeting of Hath1 and beta-catenin by Wnt glycogen synthase kinase 3beta in human colon cancer. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:208-20 pubmed
- Yoshikawa H, Matsubara K, Zhou X, Okamura S, Kubo T, Murase Y, et al. WNT10B functional dualism: beta-catenin/Tcf-dependent growth promotion or independent suppression with deregulated expression in cancer. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4292-303 pubmed..We suggest that FGF switches WNT10B from a negative to a positive cell growth regulator. ..
- Aragaki M, Tsuchiya K, Okamoto R, Yoshioka S, Nakamura T, Sakamoto N, et al. Proteasomal degradation of Atoh1 by aberrant Wnt signaling maintains the undifferentiated state of colon cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:923-9 pubmed publisher..This means that Hath1 protein degradation may be required for maintaining the undifferentiated state of colon cancers, and that GSK3 inhibitors have potential for use in cancer therapy. ..
- Kawasaki Y, Jigami T, Furukawa S, Sagara M, Echizen K, Shibata Y, et al. The adenomatous polyposis coli-associated guanine nucleotide exchange factor Asef is involved in angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1199-207 pubmed publisher..Thus, Asef plays a critical role in tumor angiogenesis and may be a promising target for cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Katayama R, Ishioka T, Takada S, Takada R, Fujita N, Tsuruo T, et al. Modulation of Wnt signaling by the nuclear localization of cellular FLIP-L. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:23-8 pubmed publisher..cFLIP-L physically interacts with the reporter plasmid for Wnt signaling, but not with the control plasmid. These results suggest a role for nuclear cFLIP-L in the modulation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Kirikoshi H, Sekihara H, Katoh M. Expression of WNT14 and WNT14B mRNAs in human cancer, up-regulation of WNT14 by IFNgamma and up-regulation of WNT14B by beta-estradiol. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:1221-5 pubmed..These results indicate that WNT14 is a target gene of IFNgamma in MKN45 cells, and that WNT14B is a target gene of estrogen in MCF-7 cells. ..
- Shibata T, Chuma M, Kokubu A, Sakamoto M, Hirohashi S. EBP50, a beta-catenin-associating protein, enhances Wnt signaling and is over-expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2003;38:178-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the EBP50/beta-catenin complex promotes Wnt signaling, and over-expression of EBP50 may work cooperatively with beta-catenin in the development of liver cancer. ..
- Yamada M, Ohkawara B, Ichimura N, Hyodo Miura J, Urushiyama S, Shirakabe K, et al. Negative regulation of Wnt signalling by HMG2L1, a novel NLK-binding protein. Genes Cells. 2003;8:677-84 pubmed..Our findings indicate that xHMG2L1 may negatively regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signalling, and that xHMG2L1 may play a role in early Xenopus development together with NLK. ..
- Yamada W, Nagao K, Horikoshi K, Fujikura A, Ikeda E, Inagaki Y, et al. Craniofacial malformation in R-spondin2 knockout mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:453-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Rspo2 regulates midfacial, limb, and lung morphogenesis during development through the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Hirabayashi Y, Suzki N, Tsuboi M, Endo T, Toyoda T, Shinga J, et al. Polycomb limits the neurogenic competence of neural precursor cells to promote astrogenic fate transition. Neuron. 2009;63:600-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, PcG was found to repress the promoter of the proneural gene neurogenin1 in a developmental-stage-dependent manner. These results demonstrate a role of PcG: the temporal regulation of NPC fate. ..
- Yasuda S, Hasegawa T, Hosono T, Satoh M, Watanabe K, Ono K, et al. AW551984: a novel regulator of cardiomyogenesis in pluripotent embryonic cells. Biochem J. 2011;437:345-55 pubmed publisher..5 in ES cells during embryoid body formation. Our findings indicate that AW551984 is a novel regulator of cardiomyogenesis from pluripotent embryonic cells, which links Wnt/?-catenin signalling to Nkx2.5 expression. ..
- Wang Z, Pascual Anaya J, Zadissa A, Li W, Niimura Y, Huang Z, et al. The draft genomes of soft-shell turtle and green sea turtle yield insights into the development and evolution of the turtle-specific body plan. Nat Genet. 2013;45:701-706 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that turtle evolution was accompanied by an unexpectedly conservative vertebrate phylotypic period, followed by turtle-specific repatterning of development to yield the novel structure of the shell. ..
- Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WNT3. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:977-82 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that WNT3 might play a key role in some cases of human breast, rectal, lung, and gastric cancer through activation of the WNT - beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway, similar to mouse Wnt-3. ..
- Kirikoshi H, Sekihara H, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WNT11. Int J Mol Med. 2001;8:651-6 pubmed..Up-regulation of WNT11 mRNA might play an important role in human carcinogenesis through activation of the WNT signaling pathway. ..
- Adachi S, Jigami T, Yasui T, Nakano T, Ohwada S, Omori Y, et al. Role of a BCL9-related beta-catenin-binding protein, B9L, in tumorigenesis induced by aberrant activation of Wnt signaling. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8496-501 pubmed..These results suggest that B9L plays an important role in tumorigenesis induced by aberrant activation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Yukita A, Michiue T, Danno H, Asashima M. XSUMO-1 is required for normal mesoderm induction and axis elongation during early Xenopus development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2757-66 pubmed..These results suggested that XSUMO-1 is required for normal axis elongation, at least partly mediating activin/nodal signaling. ..
- Kobayashi M, Huang C, Sonobe M, Kikuchi R, Date H. Ad-shWnt2b Vector Therapy Demonstrates Antitumor Activity in Orthotopic Intrapleural Models as Monitored with the In Vitro Imaging System (IVIS). Anticancer Res. 2016;36:5887-5893 pubmed..The percentage of viable cells was significantly lower in A549-Luc cells treated with Ad-shWnt2B than with Ad-scramble (p<0.01 versus control or Ad-scramble, respectively). ..
- Terasaki H, Saitoh T, Shiokawa K, Katoh M. Frizzled-10, up-regulated in primary colorectal cancer, is a positive regulator of the WNT - beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:107-12 pubmed..These results suggest that up-regulation of FZD10 mRNA in several types of human cells might lead to carcinogenesis through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway synergistically with some class of WNTs. ..
- Saitoh T, Mine T, Katoh M. Up-regulation of WNT8B mRNA in human gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2002;20:343-8 pubmed..WNT8B might play key roles in gastric cancer through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. ..
- Yano F, Kugimiya F, Ohba S, Ikeda T, Chikuda H, Ogasawara T, et al. The canonical Wnt signaling pathway promotes chondrocyte differentiation in a Sox9-dependent manner. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:1300-8 pubmed..The response of Sox9-deficient cells was restored by the adenoviral expression of Sox9. Thus, the canonical Wnt signaling pathway promotes chondrocyte differentiation in a Sox9-dependent manner. ..
- Katoh M. WNT2B: comparative integromics and clinical applications (Review). Int J Mol Med. 2005;16:1103-8 pubmed..Anti-WNT2B monoclonal antibodies, WNT2B RNAi compounds, or small molecule WNT2B inhibitors could be developed as novel therapeutic agents for gastric cancer and esophageal cancer in the field of clinical oncology. ..
- Shitashige M, Naishiro Y, Idogawa M, Honda K, Ono M, Hirohashi S, et al. Involvement of splicing factor-1 in beta-catenin/T-cell factor-4-mediated gene transactivation and pre-mRNA splicing. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1039-54 pubmed..Identification of the interaction may shed light on a novel aspect of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Inaki M, Yoshikawa S, Thomas J, Aburatani H, Nose A. Wnt4 is a local repulsive cue that determines synaptic target specificity. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1574-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate an important role for local repulsion in regulating cell-to-cell target specificity. ..
- Kawasaki A, Torii K, Yamashita Y, Nishizawa K, Kanekura K, Katada M, et al. Wnt5a promotes adhesion of human dermal fibroblasts by triggering a phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase/Akt signal. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2498-506 pubmed
- Ide K, Goto Koshino Y, Momoi Y, Fujino Y, Ohno K, Tsujimoto H. Quantitative analysis of mRNA transcripts of Hox, SHH, PTCH, Wnt, and Fzd genes in canine hematopoietic progenitor cells and various in vitro colonies differentiated from the cells. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:69-77 pubmed..These results suggested important roles of the products of these genes in self-renewal, expansion, and survival of hematopoietic progenitor cells in dogs as shown in humans and rodents. ..
- Nanbara H, Wara aswapati N, Nagasawa T, Yoshida Y, Yashiro R, Bando Y, et al. Modulation of Wnt5a expression by periodontopathic bacteria. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34434 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the modulation of Wnt5a expression by P. gingivalis may play an important role in the periodontal inflammatory process and serve a target for the development of new therapies. ..
- Hatou S, Yoshida S, Higa K, Miyashita H, Inagaki E, Okano H, et al. Functional corneal endothelium derived from corneal stroma stem cells of neural crest origin by retinoic acid and Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:828-39 pubmed publisher..This protocol enables efficient production of corneal endothelium from corneal stromal stem cells by direct induction, which may lead to a novel stem cell therapy for corneal endothelial dysfunction...
- Yanagita M, Oka M, Watabe T, Iguchi H, Niida A, Takahashi S, et al. USAG-1: a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist abundantly expressed in the kidney. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:490-500 pubmed..Collectively, we suggest that USAG-1 is a BMP antagonist that interacts with BMP-7 in the developing and adult kidney. ..
- Michiue T, Fukui A, Yukita A, Sakurai K, Danno H, Kikuchi A, et al. XIdax, an inhibitor of the canonical Wnt pathway, is required for anterior neural structure formation in Xenopus. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:79-90 pubmed..Moreover, a negative regulator that acts downstream of xIdax rescued this defect. We propose that Idax functions are dependent on the canonical Wnt pathway and are crucial for the anterior neural development. ..
- Ouchi Y, Baba Y, Koso H, Taketo M, Iwamoto T, Aburatani H, et al. ?-Catenin signaling regulates the timing of cell differentiation in mouse retinal progenitor cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:770-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ?-catenin signaling regulates the timing of differentiation in RPCs by inhibiting premature differentiation of them partly through the regulation of Id3 expression. ..
- Furuhashi M, Yagi K, Yamamoto H, Furukawa Y, Shimada S, Nakamura Y, et al. Axin facilitates Smad3 activation in the transforming growth factor beta signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5132-41 pubmed..Axin may thus function as an adapter of Smad3, facilitating its activation by TGF-beta receptors for efficient TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Kirikoshi H, Sekihara H, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of WNT14B, a novel member of the WNT gene family. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:947-52 pubmed..WNT14B mRNA was significantly up-regulated by all-trans retinoic acid in NT2 cells. These results strongly suggest that WNT14B might be implicated in the early process of neuronal differentiation of NT2 cells induced by retinoic acid. ..
- Saitoh T, Mine T, Katoh M. Expression and regulation of WNT8A and WNT8B mRNAs in human tumor cell lines: up-regulation of WNT8B mRNA by beta-estradiol in MCF-7 cells, and down-regulation of WNT8A and WNT8B mRNAs by retinoic acid in NT2 cells. Int J Oncol. 2002;20:999-1003 pubmed..WNT8A and WNT8B might play key roles in embryonal tumors and embryonic stem cells through synergistic activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. ..
- Hirabayashi Y, Itoh Y, Tabata H, Nakajima K, Akiyama T, Masuyama N, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway directs neuronal differentiation of cortical neural precursor cells. Development. 2004;131:2791-801 pubmed..These findings may reveal broader and stage-specific physiological roles of Wnt signaling during neural development. ..
- Hamamoto R, Silva F, Tsuge M, Nishidate T, Katagiri T, Nakamura Y, et al. Enhanced SMYD3 expression is essential for the growth of breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:113-8 pubmed..These data imply that augmented SMYD3 expression plays a crucial role in breast carcinogenesis, and that inhibition of SMYD3 should be a novel therapeutic strategy for treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Okada T, Ishii Y, Masujin K, Yasoshima A, Matsuda J, Ogura A, et al. The critical roles of serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 3 (SGK3) in the hair follicle morphogenesis and homeostasis: the allelic difference provides novel insights into hair follicle biology. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1119-33 pubmed..Our results indicate that SGK3 is a very important and characteristic molecule that plays a critical role in both hair follicle morphogenesis and hair cycling. ..
- Yano F, Saito T, Ogata N, Yamazawa T, Iino M, Chung U, et al. ?-catenin regulates parathyroid hormone/parathyroid hormone-related protein receptor signals and chondrocyte hypertrophy through binding to the intracellular C-terminal region of the receptor. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:429-35 pubmed publisher
- Yamamoto S, Tateishi K, Kudo Y, Yamamoto K, Isagawa T, Nagae G, et al. Histone demethylase KDM4C regulates sphere formation by mediating the cross talk between Wnt and Notch pathways in colonic cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2380-8 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that KDM4C maintains the sphere-forming capacity in CRCs by mediating the ?-catenin-dependent transcription of JAG1 in a feed-forward manner. ..
- Kikuchi Y, Segawa H, Tokumoto M, Tsubokawa T, Hotta Y, Uyemura K, et al. Ocular and cerebellar defects in zebrafish induced by overexpression of the LIM domains of the islet-3 LIM/homeodomain protein. Neuron. 1997;18:369-82 pubmed
- Katoh M. Molecular evolution of Wnt2b orthologs. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:1135-9 pubmed..This is the first report on the rat Wnt2b gene as well as on molecular evolution of the Wnt2b orthologs. ..
- Takada I, Kouzmenko A, Kato S. Wnt and PPARgamma signaling in osteoblastogenesis and adipogenesis. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2009;5:442-7 pubmed publisher..This article summarizes Wnt and PPARgamma signaling in MSCs and the crosstalk between these pathways, and speculates on future clinical application of this knowledge as the basis of novel approaches for regeneration therapy. ..
- Mii Y, Taira M. Secreted Frizzled-related proteins enhance the diffusion of Wnt ligands and expand their signalling range. Development. 2009;136:4083-8 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we show that Wnt8 conveyed by sFRPs can activate canonical Wnt signalling despite the function of sFRPs as Wnt inhibitors, suggesting a novel regulatory system for Wnts by sFRPs. ..
- Xiao L, Tsutsui T. Three-dimensional epithelial and mesenchymal cell co-cultures form early tooth epithelium invagination-like structures: expression patterns of relevant molecules. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1875-85 pubmed publisher..This model might be explored as a potential research tool for epithelial-mesenchymal interaction and tooth regeneration. ..