Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on viral proteins in Hiroshima, Japan
Locale: Hiroshima, Japan
Topic: viral proteins
- Irie T, Inoue M, Sakaguchi T. Significance of the YLDL motif in the M protein and Alix/AIP1 for Sendai virus budding in the context of virus infection. Virology. 2010;405:334-41 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the YLDL motif is essential for efficient budding in the context of virus infection and suggest involvement of Alix/AIP1 in SeV budding. ..
- Sakaguchi T, Irie T, Kuwayama M, Ueno T, Yoshida A, Kawabata R. Analysis of interaction of Sendai virus V protein and melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5. Microbiol Immunol. 2011;55:760-7 pubmed publisher..Viral pathogenicity of SeV is related to the inhibitory effect of the V protein on MDA5, but is not always related to the binding of V protein with MDA5. ..
- Yamaki M, Shinozaki K, Sakaguchi T, Meseck M, Ebert O, Ohdan H, et al. The potential of recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus-mediated virotherapy against metastatic colon cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:299-306 pubmed publisher..001), none of the rats achieved long-term survival. VSV virotherapy has potential for CRC liver and lung metastases, although systemic venous delivery is much less effective than locoregional delivery such as hepatic arterial infusion...
- Irie T, Yoshida A, Sakaguchi T. Clustered basic amino acids of the small sendai virus C protein Y1 are critical to its RAN GTPase-mediated nuclear localization. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73740 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that nuclear localization of the Y1 protein might be important for the inhibitory effect on type-I IFN-stimulated gene expression. ..
- Kiyotani K, Sakaguchi T, Kato A, Nagai Y, Yoshida T. Paramyxovirus Sendai virus V protein counteracts innate virus clearance through IRF-3 activation, but not via interferon, in mice. Virology. 2007;359:82-91 pubmed..These results indicate that SeV V protein counteracts IRF-3-mediated innate antiviral immunity for efficient virus replication and pathogenesis in mice, but it is not IFN...
- Yoshida A, Sakaguchi T, Irie T. Passage of a Sendai virus recombinant in embryonated chicken eggs leads to markedly rapid accumulation of U-to-C transitions in a limited region of the viral genome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49968 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a lack of C proteins could lead unexpectedly to strong selective pressures, and that the C proteins might play more critical roles in SeV replication than ever reported. ..