Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on two hybrid system techniques in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: two hybrid system techniques
- Kurihara I, Shibata H, Kobayashi S, Suda N, Ikeda Y, Yokota K, et al. Ubc9 and Protein Inhibitor of Activated STAT 1 Activate Chicken Ovalbumin Upstream Promoter-Transcription Factor I-mediated Human CYP11B2 Gene Transcription. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6721-30 pubmed..Our data support a physiological role of Ubc9 and PIAS1 as transcriptional coactivators in COUP-TFI-mediated CYP11B2 transcription...
- Higo T, Hattori M, Nakamura T, Natsume T, Michikawa T, Mikoshiba K. Subtype-specific and ER lumenal environment-dependent regulation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 1 by ERp44. Cell. 2005;120:85-98 pubmed..Thus, ERp44 senses the environment in the ER lumen and modulates IP(3)R1 activity accordingly, which should in turn contribute to regulating both intralumenal conditions and the complex patterns of cytosolic Ca(2+) concentrations. ..
- Nagai A, Kadowaki H, Maruyama T, Takeda K, Nishitoh H, Ichijo H. USP14 inhibits ER-associated degradation via interaction with IRE1alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:995-1000 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that USP14 is a novel player in the UPR by serving as a physiological inhibitor of ERAD under the non-stressed condition. ..
- Oma Y, Kino Y, Toriumi K, Sasagawa N, Ishiura S. Interactions between homopolymeric amino acids (HPAAs). Protein Sci. 2007;16:2195-204 pubmed..The misfolding of these tracts is thought to be a common molecular aspect underlying the pathogenesis of polyalanine-related diseases. ..
- Kobayashi S, Shibata H, Kurihara I, Yokota K, Suda N, Saito I, et al. Ubc9 interacts with chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor I and represses receptor-dependent transcription. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:69-86 pubmed..Our studies indicate that Ubc9 functions as a novel COUP-TFI corepressor, the function of which is distinct from its SUMO-1 conjugating enzyme activity. ..
- Sakaki M, Koike H, Takahashi N, Sasagawa N, Tomioka S, Arahata K, et al. Interaction between emerin and nuclear lamins. J Biochem. 2001;129:321-7 pubmed..This is the first report that refers the difference between lamin A and lamin C in the interaction with emerin. These data also suggest that lamin A is important for nuclear membrane integrity. ..
- Hirabayashi S, Nishimura W, Iida J, Kansaku A, Kishida S, Kikuchi A, et al. Synaptic scaffolding molecule interacts with axin. J Neurochem. 2004;90:332-9 pubmed..S-SCAM formed a complex with beta-catenin and Axin, but competed with GSK3beta for Axin-binding. Thereby, S-SCAM inhibited the Axin-mediated phosphorylation of beta-catenin by GSK3beta. ..
- Funato N, Ohyama K, Kuroda T, Nakamura M. Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor epicardin/capsulin/Pod-1 suppresses differentiation by negative regulation of transcription. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7486-93 pubmed..These results indicate that epicardin/capsulin/Pod-1 functions as a negative regulator of differentiation of myoblasts through transcription in at least two distinct steps, cell growth arrest and lineage-specific differentiation. ..
- Shichi D, Arimura T, Ishikawa T, Kimura A. Heart-specific small subunit of myosin light chain phosphatase activates rho-associated kinase and regulates phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase target subunit 1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33680-90 pubmed publisher..In addition, hHS-M(21) bound ROCK and enhanced the ROCK activity. These findings suggest that hHS-M(21) is a heart-specific effector of ROCK and plays a regulatory role in the MYPT1 phosphorylation at Thr-696 by ROCK. ..
- Huang L, Gotoh N, Zhang S, Shibuya M, Yamamoto T, Tsuchida N. SNT-2 interacts with ERK2 and negatively regulates ERK2 signaling in response to EGF stimulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1011-7 pubmed..These observations suggest that SNT-2 negatively regulates ERK2 signaling activated via EGF stimulation through direct binding to ERK2. ..
- Itoh T, Watabe A, Toh e A, Matsui Y. Complex formation with Ypt11p, a rab-type small GTPase, is essential to facilitate the function of Myo2p, a class V myosin, in mitochondrial distribution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7744-57 pubmed..These results indicate that complex formation of Ypt11p with Myo2p accelerates the function of Myo2p for mitochondrial distribution toward the bud. ..
- Hachiya N, Sakasegawa Y, Jozuka A, Tsukita S, Kaneko K. Interaction of D-lactate dehydrogenase protein 2 (Dld2p) with F-actin: implication for an alternative function of Dld2p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:78-82 pubmed..These properties suggest that Aip2p may interact with F-actin in vivo and play an important role in the yeast cell morphology. ..
- Setou M, Seog D, Tanaka Y, Kanai Y, Takei Y, Kawagishi M, et al. Glutamate-receptor-interacting protein GRIP1 directly steers kinesin to dendrites. Nature. 2002;417:83-7 pubmed..These results indicate that directly binding proteins can determine the traffic direction of a motor protein. ..
- Honma N, Asada A, Takeshita S, Enomoto M, Yamakawa E, Tsutsumi K, et al. Apoptosis-associated tyrosine kinase is a Cdk5 activator p35 binding protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:398-404 pubmed..Both hAATYKs and KIAA0641 bound to and were phosphorylated by Cdk5/p35. These results suggest that both isoforms of hAATYK are novel Cdk5/p35-binding and substrate proteins. ..
- Hirabayashi S, Mori H, Kansaku A, Kurihara H, Sakai T, Shimizu F, et al. MAGI-1 is a component of the glomerular slit diaphragm that is tightly associated with nephrin. Lab Invest. 2005;85:1528-43 pubmed..MAGI-1 may play a role in determining the boundary between the apical and the bosolateral domain at the level of slit diaphragm. ..
- Ozaki K, Inoue K, Sato H, Iida A, Ohnishi Y, Sekine A, et al. Functional variation in LGALS2 confers risk of myocardial infarction and regulates lymphotoxin-alpha secretion in vitro. Nature. 2004;429:72-5 pubmed..Smooth muscle cells and macrophages in the human atherosclerotic lesions expressed both galectin-2 and LTA. Our findings thus suggest a link between the LTA cascade and the pathogenesis of MI. ..
- Yamaji Y, Hamada K, Yoshinuma T, Sakurai K, Yoshii A, Shimizu T, et al. Inhibitory effect on the tobacco mosaic virus infection by a plant RING finger protein. Virus Res. 2010;153:50-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, TARF transcription was rapidly upregulated by the inoculation of TMV in tobacco plants. These results indicated that TARF is a RING finger protein that inhibits the accumulation of TMV via the interaction of TMV RdRp...
- Sasagawa N, Ohno E, Kino Y, Watanabe Y, Ishiura S. Identification of Caenorhabditis elegans K02H8.1 (CeMBL), a functional ortholog of mammalian MBNL proteins. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:1090-7 pubmed publisher..The expression of GFP driven by the K02H8.1 promoter was absent in muscle; however, significant GFP expression was detected in the neurons around the pharynx. ..
- Ito T, Saso K, Arimitsu N, Sekimizu K. Defective FESTA/EAF2-mediated transcriptional activation in S-II-deficient embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:603-9 pubmed..These results suggest that S-II is selectively required for positive transcriptional regulation of a subset of genes in murine ES cells. ..
- Kajiho H, Saito K, Tsujita K, Kontani K, Araki Y, Kurosu H, et al. RIN3: a novel Rab5 GEF interacting with amphiphysin II involved in the early endocytic pathway. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4159-68 pubmed..These results indicate that RIN3 biochemically characterized as the stimulator and stabilizer for GTP-Rab5 plays an important role in the transport pathway from plasma membrane to early endosomes. ..
- Suzuki M, Yoshida M, Yoshinuma T, Hibi T. Interaction of replicase components between Cucumber mosaic virus and Peanut stunt virus. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:1931-9 pubmed
- Arimura T, Matsumoto Y, Okazaki O, Hayashi T, Takahashi M, Inagaki N, et al. Structural analysis of obscurin gene in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:281-7 pubmed..Myc-tagged obscurin showed that Arg4344Gln impaired obscurin localization to Z-band. These observations suggest that the obscurin abnormality may be involved in the pathogenesis of HCM. ..
- Nakazawa T, Watabe A, Tezuka T, Yoshida Y, Yokoyama K, Umemori H, et al. p250GAP, a novel brain-enriched GTPase-activating protein for Rho family GTPases, is involved in the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:2921-34 pubmed..Finally, NMDA receptor stimulation led to dephosphorylation and redistribution of p250GAP in hippocampal slices. Together, p250GAP is likely to be involved in NMDA receptor activity-dependent actin reorganization in dendritic spines. ..
- Kimura E, Abe K, Suzuki K, Sorimachi H. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K interacts with and is proteolyzed by calpain in vivo. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:1786-96 pubmed
- Usui H, Taniguchi M, Yokomizo T, Shimizu T. Plexin-A1 and plexin-B1 specifically interact at their cytoplasmic domains. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:927-31 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed the expression of both plexin-A1 and B1 in adult brain. We propose that plexin-A1 and B1 interact in the adult brain and transduce Sema3A signaling in cooperation. ..
- Matsumoto S, Ogino K, Noguchi E, Russell P, Masai H. Hsk1-Dfp1/Him1, the Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase in Schizosaccharomyces pombe, associates with Swi1, a component of the replication fork protection complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42536-42 pubmed..These data suggest that Hsk1-Dfp1/Him1 and Swi1-Swi3 complexes have interrelated roles in stabilization of arrested replication forks. ..
- Honda A, Okamoto T, Ishihama A. Host factor Ebp1: selective inhibitor of influenza virus transcriptase. Genes Cells. 2007;12:133-42 pubmed
- Uemura T, Mori H, Mishina M. Isolation and characterization of Golgi apparatus-specific GODZ with the DHHC zinc finger domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:492-6 pubmed..Overexpression of mouse GODZ in COS7 cells suppressed the sorting of the glutamate receptor GluRalpha1 from the Golgi apparatus. These results suggest that GODZ plays a role in the membrane protein trafficking. ..
- Tanahashi H, Tabira T. Alzheimer's disease-associated presenilin 2 interacts with DRAL, an LIM-domain protein. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2281-9 pubmed..The potential role of DRAL in the cellular signaling suggests that DRAL functions as an adaptor protein that links PS2 to an intracellular signaling. ..
- Oshima R, Yoshinaga K, Ihara Ohori Y, Fukuda R, Ohta A, Uchimiya H, et al. The Bax lnhibitor-1 needs a functional electron transport chain for cell death suppression. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4627-32 pubmed..ATP levels were markedly decreased in all these mutants, suggesting that BI-1 requires normal electron transport activity to suppress cell death in yeast. ..
- Minami S, Ito K, Honma M, Ikebuchi Y, Anzai N, Kanai Y, et al. Posttranslational regulation of Abcc2 expression by SUMOylation system. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G406-13 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration showing the regulation of ABC transporter expression by SUMOylation...
- Ishikawa T, Unno K, Nonaka G, Nakajima H, Kitamoto K. Isolation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase T1 hypersensitive (rns) mutants and genetic analysis of the RNS1/DSL1 gene. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2005;51:73-82 pubmed..Two-hybrid screening revealed the interaction of Rns1p with a transcription factor Cin5p and a functionally unknown Ylr440cp. It was observed that HA-tagged Ylr440cp was localized to the ER and nuclear envelope. ..
- Nakata A, Ito T, Nagata M, Hori S, Sekimizu K. GRIP1tau, a novel PDZ domain-containing transcriptional activator, cooperates with the testis-specific transcription elongation factor SII-T1. Genes Cells. 2004;9:1125-35 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that GRIP1tau is a novel testis-specific transcriptional activator regulated by interaction with the testis-specific transcription elongation factor SII-T1. ..
- Hashimoto G, Shimoda M, Okada Y. ADAMTS4 (aggrecanase-1) interaction with the C-terminal domain of fibronectin inhibits proteolysis of aggrecan. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32483-91 pubmed
- Ito T, Tashiro K, Muta S, Ozawa R, Chiba T, Nishizawa M, et al. Toward a protein-protein interaction map of the budding yeast: A comprehensive system to examine two-hybrid interactions in all possible combinations between the yeast proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:1143-7 pubmed..The approach described here thus will provide many leads for integration of various cellular functions and serve as a major driving force in the completion of the protein-protein interaction map. ..
- Hirota K, Tanaka K, Ohta K, Yamamoto M. Gef1p and Scd1p, the Two GDP-GTP exchange factors for Cdc42p, form a ring structure that shrinks during cytokinesis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3617-27 pubmed..These observations suggest that Gef1p and Scd1p may have a role in mediating between contraction of the actomyosin ring and formation of the septum, by recruiting active Cdc42p to the septation site. ..
- Shibata N, Tsunekawa N, Okamoto Ito S, Akasu R, Tokumasu A, Noce T. Mouse RanBPM is a partner gene to a germline specific RNA helicase, mouse vasa homolog protein. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;67:1-7 pubmed..The interaction of MVH with RanBPM points to a functional relationship between translational regulation and the microtubule nucleation during meiosis. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 66: 1-7, 2004. ..
- Chimura T, Kuzuhara T, Horikoshi M. Identification and characterization of CIA/ASF1 as an interactor of bromodomains associated with TFIID. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9334-9 pubmed..This study describes the functional linkage between TFIID and a histone chaperone. ..
- Niikura T, Hashimoto Y, Tajima H, Ishizaka M, Yamagishi Y, Kawasumi M, et al. A tripartite motif protein TRIM11 binds and destabilizes Humanin, a neuroprotective peptide against Alzheimer's disease-relevant insults. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1150-8 pubmed..These results suggest that TRIM11 plays a role in the regulation of intracellular HN level through ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation pathways. ..
- Inoue T, Kon T, Ohkura R, Yamakawa H, Ohara O, Yokota J, et al. BREK/LMTK2 is a myosin VI-binding protein involved in endosomal membrane trafficking. Genes Cells. 2008;13:483-95 pubmed publisher..Our results show that BREK is critical for the transition of endocytosed membrane vesicles from early endosomes to recycling endosomes and also suggest an involvement of myosin VI in this pathway. ..
- Nawa M, Kanekura K, Hashimoto Y, Aiso S, Matsuoka M. A novel Akt/PKB-interacting protein promotes cell adhesion and inhibits familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked mutant SOD1-induced neuronal death via inhibition of PP2A-mediated dephosphorylation of Akt/PKB. Cell Signal. 2008;20:493-505 pubmed..Given its ubiquitous expression, BTBD10 appears to behave as a suppressor of cell death including neuronal cell death related to ALS and an enhancer of cell growth via its positive regulation of Akt phosphorylation. ..
- Takekawa M, Tatebayashi K, Saito H. Conserved docking site is essential for activation of mammalian MAP kinase kinases by specific MAP kinase kinase kinases. Mol Cell. 2005;18:295-306 pubmed..Synthetic DVD oligopeptides inhibited specific MAPKK activation, both in vitro and in vivo, demonstrating the critical importance of the DVD docking in MAPK signaling. ..
- Sasaki T, Toh e A, Kikuchi Y. Yeast Krr1p physically and functionally interacts with a novel essential Kri1p, and both proteins are required for 40S ribosome biogenesis in the nucleolus. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7971-9 pubmed..These data lead us to conclude that Krr1p physically and functionally interacts with Kri1p to form a complex which is required for 40S ribosome biogenesis in the nucleolus. ..
- Iwase M, Luo J, Bi E, Toh e A. Shs1 plays separable roles in septin organization and cytokinesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2007;177:215-29 pubmed..This allele still displayed the genetic interactions with the septin mutants, but did not show cytokinesis defects as described above, suggesting that the roles of Shs1 in septin organization and cytokinesis are separable. ..
- Yoshida Y, von Bubnoff A, Ikematsu N, Blitz I, Tsuzuku J, Yoshida E, et al. Tob proteins enhance inhibitory Smad-receptor interactions to repress BMP signaling. Mech Dev. 2003;120:629-37 pubmed..Our results provide both in vitro and in vivo evidence that Tob inhibits endogenous BMP signaling by facilitating inhibitory Smad functions. ..
- Yamada M, Ohkawara B, Ichimura N, Hyodo Miura J, Urushiyama S, Shirakabe K, et al. Negative regulation of Wnt signalling by HMG2L1, a novel NLK-binding protein. Genes Cells. 2003;8:677-84 pubmed..Our findings indicate that xHMG2L1 may negatively regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signalling, and that xHMG2L1 may play a role in early Xenopus development together with NLK. ..
- Hamamoto S, Nishitsuji H, Amagasa T, Kannagi M, Masuda T. Identification of a novel human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase interactor, Gemin2, that facilitates efficient viral cDNA synthesis in vivo. J Virol. 2006;80:5670-7 pubmed..Thus, we provide the evidence for a novel host protein that binds to HIV-1 IN and facilitates viral cDNA synthesis and subsequent steps that precede integration in vivo. ..
- Matsuda S, Yasukawa T, Homma Y, Ito Y, Niikura T, Hiraki T, et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK)-interacting protein-1b/islet-brain-1 scaffolds Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein with JNK. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6597-607 pubmed..These data indicate that JIP-1b/IB1 scaffolds APP with JNK, providing a novel insight into the role of the JNK scaffold protein as an interface of APP with intracellular functional molecules. ..
- Yao R, Maeda T, Takada S, Noda T. Identification of a PDZ domain containing Golgi protein, GOPC, as an interaction partner of frizzled. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:771-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that GOPC may play a role in the vesicle transport of frizzled from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane. ..
- Tarutani Y, Sasaki A, Yasuda M, Nakashita H, Yoshida S, Yamaguchi I, et al. Identification of three clones which commonly interact with the kinase domains of highly homologous two receptor-like kinases, RLK902 and RKL1. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:2581-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the detail analysis of their responsiveness to various conditions suggests their involvement in such stress conditions as mechanical wounding, treatment with salicylic acid, and pathogen infection. ..
- Itoh Satoh M, Hayashi T, Nishi H, Koga Y, Arimura T, Koyanagi T, et al. Titin mutations as the molecular basis for dilated cardiomyopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;291:385-93 pubmed..These observations suggest that titin mutations may cause DCM in a subset of the patients. ..
- Yao R, Natsume Y, Noda T. MAGI-3 is involved in the regulation of the JNK signaling pathway as a scaffold protein for frizzled and Ltap. Oncogene. 2004;23:6023-30 pubmed..These results indicate that MAGI-3 functions as a scaffold protein for frizzled-4 and Ltap and regulates the JNK signaling cascade. ..
- Nishimura W, Yao I, Iida J, Tanaka N, Hata Y. Interaction of synaptic scaffolding molecule and Beta -catenin. J Neurosci. 2002;22:757-65 pubmed..In the presence of overexpressed beta-catenin, the C-terminal region of S-SCAM forms more clusters at synapses. These data suggest that the synaptic targeting of S-SCAM is mediated by the interaction with beta-catenin. ..
- Tanaka K, Hao Z, Kai M, Okayama H. Establishment and maintenance of sister chromatid cohesion in fission yeast by a unique mechanism. EMBO J. 2001;20:5779-90 pubmed..Eso1p interacts physically with Pds5p via its Ctf7p/Eco1p-homologous domain. ..
- Shitashige M, Satow R, Jigami T, Aoki K, Honda K, Shibata T, et al. Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase is essential for Wnt signaling and colorectal cancer growth. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5024-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest TNIK as a feasible target for pharmacologic intervention to ablate aberrant Wnt signaling in colorectal cancer. ..
- Hirabayashi S, Tajima M, Yao I, Nishimura W, Mori H, Hata Y. JAM4, a junctional cell adhesion molecule interacting with a tight junction protein, MAGI-1. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4267-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that JAM4 together with MAGI-1 provides an adhesion machinery at tight junctions, which may regulate the permeability of kidney glomerulus and small intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Urano T, Usui T, Takeda S, Ikeda K, Okada A, Ishida Y, et al. TRIM44 interacts with and stabilizes terf, a TRIM ubiquitin E3 ligase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;383:263-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we proposed that TRIM44 may function as a new class of the "USP-like-TRIM" which regulates the activity of associated TRIM proteins. ..
- Saso K, Ito T, Natori S, Sekimizu K. Identification of a novel tissue-specific transcriptional activator FESTA as a protein that interacts with the transcription elongation factor S-II. J Biochem. 2003;133:493-500 pubmed..This study is the first report of a transcriptional activator that directly interacts with S-II and contains a transcriptional activation domain that cooperates with S-II via direct interaction. ..
- Kawasaki Y, Senda T, Ishidate T, Koyama R, Morishita T, Iwayama Y, et al. Asef, a link between the tumor suppressor APC and G-protein signaling. Science. 2000;289:1194-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the APC-Asef complex may regulate the actin cytoskeletal network, cell morphology and migration, and neuronal function. ..
- Kuratomi G, Komuro A, Goto K, Shinozaki M, Miyazawa K, Miyazono K, et al. NEDD4-2 (neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4-2) negatively regulates TGF-beta (transforming growth factor-beta) signalling by inducing ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Smad2 and TGF-beta type I receptor. Biochem J. 2005;386:461-70 pubmed
- Kawaguchi Y, Nishimagi E, Tochimoto A, Kawamoto M, Katsumata Y, Soejima M, et al. Intracellular IL-1alpha-binding proteins contribute to biological functions of endogenous IL-1alpha in systemic sclerosis fibroblasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14501-6 pubmed..These findings reveal that nuclear localization of pre-IL-1alpha depends on the binding to HAX-1 and that biological activities might be elicited by the binding to both HAX-1 and IL-1RII in SSc fibroblasts. ..
- Setogawa T, Shinozaki Yabana S, Masuda T, Matsuura K, Akiyama T. The tumor suppressor LKB1 induces p21 expression in collaboration with LMO4, GATA-6, and Ldb1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:1186-90 pubmed..Our findings suggest that LKB1 regulates GATA-mediated gene expression and that this activity of LKB1 may be important for its tumor suppressor function. ..
- Nemoto T, Tanida I, Tanida Miyake E, Minematsu Ikeguchi N, Yokota M, Ohsumi M, et al. The mouse APG10 homologue, an E2-like enzyme for Apg12p conjugation, facilitates MAP-LC3 modification. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39517-26 pubmed..The inability of mutant Apg10pC161S to form any intermediate with MAP-LC3 has ruled out the possibility that MAP-LC3 interacts with Apg10p as a substrate. ..
- Tanabe C, Hotoda N, Sasagawa N, Futai E, Komano H, Ishiura S. ADAM19 autolysis is activated by LPS and promotes non-classical secretion of cysteine-rich protein 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:927-32 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ADAM19 autolysis is activated by lipopolysaccharide and that ADAM19 promotes the secretion of CRIP2. ..
- Uekita T, Gotoh I, Kinoshita T, Itoh Y, Sato H, Shiomi T, et al. Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cytoplasmic tail-binding protein-1 is a new member of the Cupin superfamily. A possible multifunctional protein acting as an invasion suppressor down-regulated in tumors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12734-43 pubmed..Thus, MTCBP-1 may have multiple functions other than the regulation of MT1-MMP, which presumably depends on the subcellular compartment. ..
- Yamamoto A, Suzuki T, Sakaki Y. Isolation of hNap1BP which interacts with human Nap1 (NCKAP1) whose expression is down-regulated in Alzheimer's disease. Gene. 2001;271:159-69 pubmed..Further functional analysis of hNap1BP may clarify its contribution to AD pathology. ..
- Watanabe N, Wachi S, Fujita T. Identification and characterization of BCL-3-binding protein: implications for transcription and DNA repair or recombination. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26102-10 pubmed..These observations might help to gain new insights into the function of BCL-3 and p300/CBP, especially the coupling of transcription with repair or recombination. ..
- Fujimoto M, Arimura S, Ueda T, Takanashi H, Hayashi Y, Nakano A, et al. Arabidopsis dynamin-related proteins DRP2B and DRP1A participate together in clathrin-coated vesicle formation during endocytosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6094-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DRP2B and DRP1A participate together in endocytic CCV formation in Arabidopsis cells despite the difference of their molecular properties. ..
- Takeuchi J, Fujimuro M, Yokosawa H, Tanaka K, Toh e A. Rpn9 is required for efficient assembly of the yeast 26S proteasome. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6575-84 pubmed..These results indicate that Rpn9 is needed for incorporating Rpn10 into the 26S proteasome and that Rpn9 participates in the assembly and/or stability of the 26S proteasome. ..
- Miyashita S, Shirako Y. Chromosomal integration of a binding domain:bait gene into yeast enhances detection in the two-hybrid system. J Microbiol Methods. 2008;73:179-84 pubmed publisher..Using this improved method a cDNA library could be efficiently screened using roughly 1/10 of the materials required for conventional sequential two-hybrid screen...
- Kabuta T, Hakuno F, Cho Y, Yamanaka D, Chida K, Asano T, et al. Insulin receptor substrate-3, interacting with Bcl-3, enhances p50 NF-kappaB activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:697-702 pubmed publisher..This series of results proposes a novel function for IRS-3 as a transcriptional regulator in TNF-alpha signaling, distinct from its function as a substrate of insulin/IGF receptor kinases. ..
- Taniguchi Yanai K, Koike Y, Hasegawa T, Furuta Y, Serizawa M, Ohshima N, et al. Identification and characterization of glucocorticoid receptor-binding sites in the human genome. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:88-105 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying the physiological and pathological actions of glucocorticoid. ..
- Taru H, Iijima K, Hase M, Kirino Y, Yagi Y, Suzuki T. Interaction of Alzheimer's beta -amyloid precursor family proteins with scaffold proteins of the JNK signaling cascade. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:20070-8 pubmed..Analysis of APP family proteins and their associated proteins is expected to contribute to understanding the molecular process of neural degeneration in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Nakano K, Imai J, Arai R, Toh e A, Matsui Y, Mabuchi I. The small GTPase Rho3 and the diaphanous/formin For3 function in polarized cell growth in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4629-39 pubmed..In conclusion, we propose that the Rho3-For3 signaling system functions in the polarized cell growth of fission yeast by controlling both actin cytoskeleton and MTs. ..
- Fukuyo Y, Mogi K, Tsunematsu Y, Nakajima T. E2FBP1/hDril1 modulates cell growth through downregulation of promyelocytic leukemia bodies. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11:747-59 pubmed..Thus, the function of E2FBP1/hDril1 is required for maintenance of survival potential of the cells. Our data suggest a novel mechanism to govern cellular integrity through the modulation of nuclear depots...
- Ohsawa K, Imai Y, Sasaki Y, Kohsaka S. Microglia/macrophage-specific protein Iba1 binds to fimbrin and enhances its actin-bundling activity. J Neurochem. 2004;88:844-56 pubmed
- Oda T, Fukuda A, Hagiwara H, Masuho Y, Muramatsu M, Hisatake K, et al. ABT1-associated protein (ABTAP), a novel nuclear protein conserved from yeast to mammals, represses transcriptional activation by ABT1. J Cell Biochem. 2004;93:788-806 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that ABTAP binds and negatively regulates ABT1. The ABT1/ABTAP complex is evolutionarily conserved and may constitute a novel regulatory system for basal transcription. ..
- Mori D, Sasagawa N, Kino Y, Ishiura S. Quantitative analysis of CUG-BP1 binding to RNA repeats. J Biochem. 2008;143:377-83 pubmed..This is the first report of a binding constant for CUG-BP1 calculated in vitro. ..
- Iwata S, Souta Kuribara A, Yamakawa A, Sasaki T, Shimizu T, Hosono O, et al. HTLV-I Tax induces and associates with Crk-associated substrate lymphocyte type (Cas-L). Oncogene. 2005;24:1262-71 pubmed
- Takeshita A, Taguchi M, Koibuchi N, Ozawa Y. Putative role of the orphan nuclear receptor SXR (steroid and xenobiotic receptor) in the mechanism of CYP3A4 inhibition by xenobiotics. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32453-8 pubmed..Further, the effects of ketoconazole on the CYP3A4 gene suppression may explain, in part, drug-induced inhibition of the CYP3A4 action at the transcriptional level. ..
- Tomita S, Fujita T, Kirino Y, Suzuki T. PDZ domain-dependent suppression of NF-kappaB/p65-induced Abeta42 production by a neuron-specific X11-like protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:13056-60 pubmed..Our finding indicates NF-kappaB and X11L may, in novel way, regulate Abeta production in neuronal cells. Targeting X11L by specific therapy may provide the possibility to control the progression of AD. ..
- Kang S, Kuzuhara T, Horikoshi M. Functional interaction of general transcription initiation factor TFIIE with general chromatin factor SPT16/CDC68. Genes Cells. 2000;5:251-63 pubmed..This may well lead to a breakthrough in relationships between the transcription initiation process and structural changes in chromatin. ..
- Nakamura A, Naito M, Tsuruo T, Fujita N. Freud-1/Aki1, a novel PDK1-interacting protein, functions as a scaffold to activate the PDK1/Akt pathway in epidermal growth factor signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5996-6009 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Freud-1/Aki1 is a novel receptor-selective scaffold protein for the PDK1/Akt pathway and present a new activation mechanism of Akt. ..
- Morita K, Saitoh M, Tobiume K, Matsuura H, Enomoto S, Nishitoh H, et al. Negative feedback regulation of ASK1 by protein phosphatase 5 (PP5) in response to oxidative stress. EMBO J. 2001;20:6028-36 pubmed..PP5 inhibited not only H(2)O(2)-induced sustained activation of ASK1 but also ASK1-dependent apoptosis. Thus, PP5 appears to act as a physiological inhibitor of ASK1-JNK/p38 pathways by negative feedback. ..
- Uchiyama K, Totsukawa G, Puhka M, Kaneko Y, Jokitalo E, Dreveny I, et al. p37 is a p97 adaptor required for Golgi and ER biogenesis in interphase and at the end of mitosis. Dev Cell. 2006;11:803-16 pubmed..Interestingly, although VCIP135 is also required, its deubiquitinating activity is unnecessary for p97/p37-mediated activities. ..
- Komuro A, Imamura T, Saitoh M, Yoshida Y, Yamori T, Miyazono K, et al. Negative regulation of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) signaling by WW domain-containing protein 1 (WWP1). Oncogene. 2004;23:6914-23 pubmed..Importantly, WWP1 and Smurfs were expressed in distinct patterns in human tissues and carcinoma cell lines, suggesting unique pathophysiological roles of WWP1 and Smurfs. ..
- Hirose S, Nishizumi H, Sakano H. Pub, a novel PU.1 binding protein, regulates the transcriptional activity of PU.1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;311:351-60 pubmed..1. Moreover, the B-box zinc finger domain of Pub was critical for this inhibitory activity. These data suggest that Pub may be important in regulating the transcriptional activity of PU.1. ..
- Shiomi T, Inoki I, Kataoka F, Ohtsuka T, Hashimoto G, Nemori R, et al. Pericellular activation of proMMP-7 (promatrilysin-1) through interaction with CD151. Lab Invest. 2005;85:1489-506 pubmed