Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications307 found, 100 shown here
- Yamazaki T, Kohro T, Chujo M, Ishigaki M, Hashimoto T. The occurrence rate of cerebrovascular and cardiac events in patients receiving antihypertensive therapy from the post-marketing surveillance data for valsartan in Japan (J-VALID). Hypertens Res. 2013;36:140-50 pubmed publisher..These data will add important knowledge regarding the treatment of hypertension in Japan. ..
- Aihara M, Oshima H, Araie M. Effects of SofZia-preserved travoprost and benzalkonium chloride-preserved latanoprost on the ocular surface -- a multicentre randomized single-masked study. Acta Ophthalmol. 2013;91:e7-e14 pubmed publisher..Switching to SofZia-preserved travoprost after BAK-preserved latanoprost resulted in a lower incidence of keratoconjunctival epitheliopathy, especially in the cornea, with no clinically relevant changes in hyperaemia and IOP. ..
- Ito K, Minamimoto R, Yamashita H, Yoshida S, Morooka M, Okasaki M, et al. Evaluation of Wegener's granulomatosis using 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography. Ann Nucl Med. 2013;27:209-16 pubmed publisher..FDG PET/CT is a feasible modality for evaluating lesion activities, therapeutic monitoring, and follow-up of WG. Furthermore, biopsy sites of WG lesions may be determined by FDG PET/CT. ..
- Shimazaki C, Fuchida S, Suzuki K, Ishida T, Imai H, Sawamura M, et al. Phase 1 study of bortezomib in combination with melphalan and dexamethasone in Japanese patients with relapsed AL amyloidosis. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:79-85 pubmed publisher..Peripheral neuropathy was the most common non-hematologic toxicity (16%). We demonstrated that BMD is safe and tolerable for Japanese AL patients without severe cardiac damage. UMIN000006604. ..
- Iino Y, Imamura Y, Harigai S, Tanaka Y. Efficacy of tympanostomy tube insertion for otitis media with effusion in children with Down syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 1999;49:143-9 pubmed..The present study was carried out to determine the efficacy of tympanostomy tube insertion in children with Down syndrome...
- Nakao Y, Takayama S, Toyama Y. Cubital tunnel release with lift-type endoscopic surgery. Hand Surg. 2001;6:199-203 pubmed..Our surgical series indicated an earlier return to work and daily activity due to early healing of incisions and minimal post-operative pain. ..
- Katayama Y, Yamamoto T, Kobayashi K, Kasai M, Oshima H, Fukaya C. Motor cortex stimulation for post-stroke pain: comparison of spinal cord and thalamic stimulation. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2001;77:183-6 pubmed..This may be one of the reasons why satisfactory pain control was obtained more frequently as the stimulation site was moved to higher levels...
- Kohno H, Koyanagi T, Kasegawa H, Miyazaki M. Three-day magnesium administration prevents atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass grafting. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:117-26 pubmed..However, in older patients or in patients with reduced left ventricular function, magnesium treatment alone is insufficient for prophylaxis of postoperative atrial fibrillation. ..
- Takahashi T, Nakayama T, Tamura M, Ogawa K, Tsuda H, Morita A, et al. Nested polymerase chain reaction for assessing the clinical course of tuberculous meningitis. Neurology. 2005;64:1789-93 pubmed..During anti-tuberculosis treatments, N-PCR results converted from positive to negative, correlating with the improvement of the patient's clinical condition. ..
- Wang Y, Ogawa Y, Dogru M, Kawai M, Tatematsu Y, Uchino M, et al. Ocular surface and tear functions after topical cyclosporine treatment in dry eye patients with chronic graft-versus-host disease. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2008;41:293-302 pubmed..Bone Marrow Transplantation (2008) 41, 293-302; doi:10.1038/sj.bmt.1705900; published online 5 November 2007. ..
- Kurita N, Sakurai Y, Taniguchi M, Terao T, Takahashi H, Mannen T. Intramedullary spinal cord abscess treated with antibiotic therapy--case report and review. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2009;49:262-8 pubmed..Early broad-spectrum high-dose ampicillin and third-generation cephalosporin, covering Gram-positive, Gram-negative, and anaerobic organisms, should be the first choice of management for patients with ISCA. ..
- Kubota N, Takahashi H, Hayashi T, Sakaue T, Maruo T. Outcome of surgery in 124 cases of Duane's Retraction Syndrome (DRS) treated by intraoperatively graduated recession of the medial rectus for esotropic DRS, and of the lateral rectus for exotropic DRS. Binocul Vis Strabismus Q. 2001;16:15-22 pubmed..Recession of the appropriate horizontal rectus muscle is a safe and effective primary procedure for both the primary deviation and abnormal head posture in all types of DRS. ..
- Miyazaki S, Fujikawa T, Matsumoto T, Tateda K, Yamaguchi K. Efficacy of azithromycin, clarithromycin and beta-lactam agents against experimentally induced bronchopneumonia caused by Haemophilus influenzae in mice. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2001;48:425-30 pubmed..Our results indicate that azithromycin may be useful for both ampicillin-susceptible and ampicillin-resistant bronchopneumonial infections caused by H. influenzae. ..
- Watanabe M, Chiba K, Matsumoto M, Maruiwa H, Fujimura Y, Toyama Y. Surgical management of idiopathic spinal cord herniation: a review of nine cases treated by the enlargement of the dural defect. J Neurosurg. 2001;95:169-72 pubmed..This procedure, which is technically easier and less invasive with regard to the vulnerable spinal cord than the closure of the dural defect, could be a viable alternative for the treatment of this rare disease. ..
- Maeda K, Yamaki S, Kado H, Asou T, Murakami A, Takamoto S. Reevaluation of histomorphometric analysis of lung tissue in decision making for better patient selection for fontan-type operations. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:1371-81; discussion 1371-81 pubmed
- Hoshi M, Matsumoto S, Manabe J, Tanizawa T, Shigemitsu T, Takeuchi K, et al. Three cases with periosteal osteosarcoma arising from the femur. J Orthop Sci. 2006;11:224-8 pubmed
- Hori K, Soejima K, Nozaki M, Sakurai H, Takeuchi M, Yamaki T, et al. Treatment of facial angiofibroma of tuberous sclerosis using cultured epithelial autografts. Ann Plast Surg. 2006;57:415-7 pubmed..In some patients, some pebbly regrowth had occurred at 5 years postoperatively, but the appearance was quite acceptable...
- Saito Y, Uraoka T, Matsuda T, Emura F, Ikehara H, Mashimo Y, et al. Endoscopic treatment of large superficial colorectal tumors: a case series of 200 endoscopic submucosal dissections (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2007;66:966-73 pubmed..No long-term outcome data yet. ESD is a feasible technique for treating large superficial colorectal tumors, because it provides a higher en bloc resection rate and is less invasive than surgical resection. ..
- Ushijima K, Yahata H, Yoshikawa H, Konishi I, Yasugi T, Saito T, et al. Multicenter phase II study of fertility-sparing treatment with medroxyprogesterone acetate for endometrial carcinoma and atypical hyperplasia in young women. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:2798-803 pubmed..The efficacy of fertility-sparing treatment with a high-dose of MPA for EC and AH was proven by this prospective trial. Even in responders, however, close follow-up is required because of the substantial rate of recurrence. ..
- Morita S, Katai H, Saka M, Fukagawa T, Sano T, Sasako M. Outcome of pylorus-preserving gastrectomy for early gastric cancer. Br J Surg. 2008;95:1131-5 pubmed publisher..Pylorus-preserving gastrectomy has been introduced as a function-preserving operation for early gastric cancer in Japan. The aim of this study was to investigate the safety and radicality of the procedure...
- Nakai Y, Isayama H, Kawabe T, Tsujino T, Yoshida H, Sasaki T, et al. Efficacy and safety of metallic stents in patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer receiving gemcitabine. Pancreas. 2008;37:405-10 pubmed publisher..Expandable metallic stents (EMSs) are widely used to palliate unresectable malignant biliary obstructions. The efficacy and safety of EMS in patients receiving gemcitabine (GEM) for unresectable pancreatic cancer is evaluated...
- Homma Y, Yamaguchi O. A randomized, double-blind, placebo- and propiverine-controlled trial of the novel antimuscarinic agent imidafenacin in Japanese patients with overactive bladder. Int J Urol. 2009;16:499-506 pubmed publisher..The novel antimuscarinic agent imidafenacin at a dose of 0.1 mg twice daily was not inferior to propiverine for the reduction of incontinence episodes, and well tolerated for the treatment of OAB symptoms. ..
- Hayashi K, Ohno Matsui K, Teramukai S, Shimada N, Moriyama M, Hayashi W, et al. Comparison of visual outcome and regression pattern of myopic choroidal neovascularization after intravitreal bevacizumab or after photodynamic therapy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;148:396-408 pubmed publisher..IVB is more effective for myopic CNV than PDT. The differences in the regression pattern of CNVs and the rate of chorioretinal atrophy probably explain the better BCVA in the IVB-treated eyes. ..
- Nanri K, Okita M, Takeguchi M, Taguchi T, Ishiko T, Saito H, et al. Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy for autoantibody-positive cerebellar ataxia. Intern Med. 2009;48:783-90 pubmed..If cerebellar ataxia with an autoimmune mechanism is suspected and radiological findings do not reveal MSA, it is worth considering immunotherapy including IVIg. ..
- Unosawa S, Hata M, Sezai A, Niino T, Yoshitake I, Minami K. Pulmonary embolism with myomatous erythrocytosis syndrome and extreme obesity. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:313-4 pubmed publisher..She was also diagnosed as having myomatous erythrocytosis syndrome, a rare disease associated with secondary polycythemia. The polycythemia improved after a hysterectomy which was performed after pulmonary embolectomy. ..
- Oyama M, Nagashima T, Suzuki T, Kozuka Hata H, Yumoto N, Shiraishi Y, et al. Integrated quantitative analysis of the phosphoproteome and transcriptome in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:818-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, the combined phosphoproteome and transcriptome data set analyses revealed distinct signal transcription programs in tumor cells and provided a novel molecular target to understand tamoxifen resistance. ..
- Ishijima S, Hayama K, Burton J, Reid G, Okada M, Matsushita Y, et al. Effect of Streptococcus salivarius K12 on the in vitro growth of Candida albicans and its protective effect in an oral candidiasis model. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:2190-9 pubmed publisher..S. salivarius K12 may be useful as a probiotic as a protective tool for oral care, especially with regard to candidiasis. ..
- Hosaka T, Suzuki F, Kobayashi M, Seko Y, Kawamura Y, Sezaki H, et al. Clearance of hepatitis B surface antigen during long-term nucleot(s)ide analog treatment in chronic hepatitis B: results from a nine-year longitudinal study. J Gastroenterol. 2013;48:930-41 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that both direct antiviral potential and host immune response are needed to achieve HBsAg clearance by NA therapy. Viral genotype strongly influenced HBsAg clearance during NA therapy. ..
- Yamamoto T, Katayama Y, Ushiba J, Yoshino H, Obuchi T, Kobayashi K, et al. On-demand control system for deep brain stimulation for treatment of intention tremor. Neuromodulation. 2013;16:230-5; discussion 235 pubmed publisher..We have developed an on-demand control system that triggers the switching on/off of deep brain stimulation (DBS) instantly for the control of intention tremor...
- Hoshikawa Y, Ohkoshi K. [Association between pioglitazone and diabetic macular edema]. Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi. 2013;117:357-63 pubmed..However, for patients with DME, caution is needed, as there were some cases in which DME increased after taking pioglitazone. The ophthalmologist should monitor macular edema in cooperation with a physician after giving pioglitazone. ..
- Kondo S, Ueno H, Hosoi H, Hashimoto J, Morizane C, Koizumi F, et al. Clinical impact of pentraxin family expression on prognosis of pancreatic carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:739-46 pubmed publisher..Pentraxin family members, especially PTX3, may be used as promising biomarkers in the prognosis of pancreatic carcinoma patients. ..
- Suzuki N, Hazama S, Ueno T, Matsui H, Shindo Y, Iida M, et al. A phase I clinical trial of vaccination with KIF20A-derived peptide in combination with gemcitabine for patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. J Immunother. 2014;37:36-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that this combination therapy will be feasible and promising for the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer. ..
- Tse H, Turner S, Sanders P, Okuyama Y, Fujiu K, Cheung C, et al. Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulation for Heart Failure as a Restorative Treatment (SCS HEART study): first-in-man experience. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:588-595 pubmed publisher..The results of this first-in-human trial suggest that high thoracic SCS is safe and feasible and potentially can improve symptoms, functional status, and LV function and remodeling in patients with severe, symptomatic systolic HF. ..
- Kuribayashi Y, Tsushima F, Morita K, Matsumoto K, Sakurai J, Uesugi A, et al. Long-term outcome of non-surgical treatment in patients with oral leukoplakia. Oral Oncol. 2015;51:1020-1025 pubmed publisher..The development of appropriate treatments for oral leukoplakia is required, which will enable successful differentiation between surgical and observation cases. ..
- Niikura N, Tomotaki A, Miyata H, Iwamoto T, Kawai M, Anan K, et al. Changes in tumor expression of HER2 and hormone receptors status after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in 21,755 patients from the Japanese breast cancer registry. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:480-7 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support the need for retest ER, PgR, HER2 of surgical sample after neoadjuvant therapy in order to accurately determine appropriate use of targeted therapy. ..
- Hayashi A, Yoshizawa H, Natori Y, Senda D, Tanaka R, Mizuno H. Levator lengthening technique using cartilage or fascia graft for paralytic lagophthalmos in facial paralysis. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016;69:679-86 pubmed publisher..However, the level of the upper eyelid can be easily adjusted by changing the fixation position of the cartilage. Additional experience is required to obtain more consistent outcomes. ..
- Ikenaga C, Kubota A, Kadoya M, Taira K, Uchio N, Hida A, et al. Clinicopathologic features of myositis patients with CD8-MHC-1 complex pathology. Neurology. 2017;89:1060-1068 pubmed publisher..CD8-MHC-1 complex is present in patients with PM, IBM, or unclassifiable group. The data may serve as an argument for a trial of immunosuppressive treatment in p62-immunonegative patients with unclassifiable myositis. ..
- Maruko I, Koizumi H, Hasegawa T, Arakawa H, Iida T. Subthreshold 577 nm micropulse laser treatment for central serous chorioretinopathy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184112 pubmed publisher..RPE damage determined by fundus autofluorescence was found in all eyes treated with CL and only one eye treated with SML (P<.01). SML achieved equivalent therapeutic effects as CL but without RPE damage in eyes with CSC. ..
- Abe S, Kubota T, Matsuzaki S, Otani Y, Watanabe M, Teramoto T, et al. Chemosensitivity test is useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III non-scirrhous and scirrhous gastric cancers. Anticancer Res. 1999;19:4581-6 pubmed..These results suggested that MTT assay would be useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III scirrhous and non-scirrhous gastric cancer...
- Ishikura K, Hataya H, Ikeda M, Honda M. Suitable dialytic indicators for pediatric peritoneal dialysis patients: the alternative to creatinine clearance. Perit Dial Int. 2003;23:270-5 pubmed..However, CCr appeared to be inappropriate as an indicator for patients under 6 years old. Kt/V creat is suggested to be a better dialytic indicator for these patients. ..
- Sato S, Kajiyama Y, Sugano M, Iwanuma Y, Tsurumaru M. Flavopiridol as a radio-sensitizer for esophageal cancer cell lines. Dis Esophagus. 2004;17:338-44 pubmed..Administration of a low dose of flavopiridol could be a potent new therapeutic approach for improving the efficacy of radiotherapy against esophageal cancer...
- Nakayama T, Masubuchi Y, Kawauchi K, Masaki R, Hironaga T, Ishima H, et al. Beneficial effect of beraprost sodium plus telmisartan in the prevention of arterial stiffness development in elderly patients with hypertension and cerebral infarction. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2007;76:309-14 pubmed..When BPS is combined with TS, an overall additive effect is seen in the improvement of PWV in Japanese patients with hypertension and cerebral infarction. This combination therapy is more beneficial than the corresponding monotherapies. ..
- Tanabe K. Japanese experience of ABO-incompatible living kidney transplantation. Transplantation. 2007;84:S4-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, rituximab as an alternative to splenectomy is definitely an effective regimen for successful ABO-ILKT. ..
- Watanabe Y, Akizuki T. Prevention and treatment of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis after intracraniofacial surgery with distraction osteogenesis. J Craniofac Surg. 2008;19:1542-8 pubmed publisher..Our experience suggests that these measures will facilitate a successful outcome in frontofacial distraction osteogenesis...
- Mishima Y, Sugimura N, Matsumoto Mishima Y, Terui Y, Takeuchi K, Asai S, et al. An imaging-based rapid evaluation method for complement-dependent cytotoxicity discriminated clinical response to rituximab-containing chemotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3624-32 pubmed publisher..The association between CDC susceptibility and therapy response suggests that CDC is pivotal in the ability of chemotherapy including rituximab to induce remission. ..
- Sakurai C, Ohashi K, Sakaguchi K, Hishima T, Kamata N, Akiyama H, et al. Mikulicz's disease with severe thrombocytopenia following autologous stem cell transplantation in a multiple myeloma patient. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:532-536 pubmed publisher..No apparent signs of MM recurrence were documented during these clinical events. ..
- Yamane J, Nakamura M, Iwanami A, Sakaguchi M, Katoh H, Yamada M, et al. Transplantation of galectin-1-expressing human neural stem cells into the injured spinal cord of adult common marmosets. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1394-405 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Gal-NS/PCs have better therapeutic potential than NS/PCs for SCI in nonhuman primates and that human Gal-NS/PC transplantation might be a feasible treatment for human SCI. ..
- Kimura H, Sato O, Deguchi J, Miyata T. Surgical treatment and long-term outcome of renovascular hypertension in children and adolescents. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010;39:731-7 pubmed publisher..This article describes the long-term outcome of surgical treatment in children with renovascular hypertension (RVH) over a 40-year period...
- Inoue Y, Kuroda K, Hirata K, Uchimura N, Kagimura T, Shimizu T. Long-term open-label study of pramipexole in patients with primary restless legs syndrome. J Neurol Sci. 2010;294:62-6 pubmed publisher..RLS augmentation was not observed. Pramipexole 0.25-0.75 mg/day is efficacious, safe, and well tolerated in patients with RLS. Pramipexole showed good efficacy, particularly in patients with an IRLS total score <20. ..
- Katagiri D, Hagiwara S, Minami E, Katsuma A, Masumoto S, Hoshino T, et al. Factors associated with recovery of renal function in patients with multiple myeloma who were treated with hemodialysis. Nephron Clin Pract. 2011;117:c28-32 pubmed publisher..s??M and Ca were the laboratory parameters that were significant, independent prognostic factors for predicting the probability of recovery from severe renal failure and discontinuation of HD in MM patients who needed HD at least once. ..
- Itoi T, Ishii K, Sofuni A, Itokawa F, Tsuchiya T, Kurihara T, et al. Long- and short-type double-balloon enteroscopy-assisted therapeutic ERCP for intact papilla in patients with a Roux-en-Y anastomosis. Surg Endosc. 2011;25:713-21 pubmed publisher..DBE-assisted ERCP seems to be a promising option to perform therapeutic ERCP for intact papilla in patients with a Roux-en-Y anastomosis. ..
- Kawaguchi T, Sugita S, Yamada Y, Miyanaga M, Mochizuki M. Regression of optic disc neovascularization in patients with Behçet's uveoretinitis after infliximab therapy. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2010;26:627-30 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that infliximab administration might be an effective treatment in NVD patients with Behçet's uveoretinitis. ..
- Yoshimura N, Tadami T, Kawaguchi T, Sako M, Yoshimoto H, Yamaka T, et al. Processed blood volume impacts clinical efficacy in patients with ulcerative colitis undergoing adsorptive depletion of myeloid lineage leucocytes. J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:49-55 pubmed publisher..Further, in this study, up to twofold higher processed volume caused no safety concern. ..
- Kasuya K, Tsuchida A, Nagakawa Y, Suzuki Y, Suzuki M, Aoki T, et al. Prediction of a side effect and efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine for post operative patient of pancreatic cancer by a genetic polymorphism analysis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:1609-13 pubmed publisher..Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of the genes for ATP-binding cassette transporters is related to the side effects of anticancer drugs and that of drug metabolism-related enzyme genes is involved in the activation of gemcitabine (GEM)...
- Tomita M, Kanamori T, Waring G, Yukawa S, Yamamoto T, Sekiya K, et al. Simultaneous corneal inlay implantation and laser in situ keratomileusis for presbyopia in patients with hyperopia, myopia, or emmetropia: six-month results. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012;38:495-506 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of simultaneous Kamra corneal inlay implantation and laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for the treatment of presbyopia in emmetropic, hyperopic, or myopic patients...
- Kimura M, Araoka H, Yoneyama A. Aeromonas caviae is the most frequent pathogen amongst cases of Aeromonas bacteremia in Japan. Scand J Infect Dis. 2013;45:304-9 pubmed publisher..To date, most studies on Aeromonas species have been reported from countries other than Japan. The aim of this study, therefore, was to evaluate Aeromonas bacteremia in Japan...
- Ikeda N, Saji H, Hagiwara M, Ohira T, Usuda J, Kajiwara N. Recent advances in video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery for lung cancer. Asian J Endosc Surg. 2013;6:9-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the indications for VATS are expanding to encompass complex procedures such as segmentectomy or sleeve resection. Training and dissemination of the technique and the monitoring of outcomes are necessary. ..
- Moriguchi S, Bies R, Remington G, Suzuki T, Mamo D, Watanabe K, et al. Estimated dopamine D? receptor occupancy and remission in schizophrenia: analysis of the CATIE data. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2013;33:682-5 pubmed publisher..These results extend our previous findings and suggest that sustained D? receptor occupancy greater than 65% may not always be necessary for the maintenance treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Nishimoto T, Seta N, Anan R, Yamamoto T, Kaneko Y, Takeuchi T, et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism of TRAF1 predicts the clinical response to anti-TNF treatment in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2014;32:211-7 pubmed
- Miura K, Takahashi H, Nakagawa M, Izu A, Sugitani M, Kurita D, et al. Clinical significance of co-expression of MYC and BCL2 protein in aggressive B-cell lymphomas treated with a second line immunochemotherapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:1335-41 pubmed publisher..001) and overall survival (35% vs 71%, pâ€‰=â€‰0.037). This analysis suggests that DEL is common among patients with relapsed/refractory aggressive B-cell lymphomas and that such patients require novel treatment strategies. ..
- Hirai K, Takeuchi S, Usuda J. Single-incision thoracoscopic surgery and conventional video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery: a retrospective comparative study of perioperative clinical outcomesâ€ . Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49 Suppl 1:i37-41 pubmed publisher..Although conclusive evidence has not yet been obtained, SITS is more minimally invasive in regard to postoperative wound pain compared with c-VATS. This procedure should be considered as a treatment option for early-stage lung cancer. ..
- Nejo T, Kohno M, Nagata O, Sora S, Sato H. Dorsal displacement of the facial nerve in acoustic neuroma surgery: clinical features and surgical outcomes of 21 consecutive dorsal pattern cases. Neurosurg Rev. 2016;39:277-88; discussion 288 pubmed publisher..However, a dorsal pattern, especially when the FN is broadened, is clearly associated with less complete tumor removal and a higher rate of retreatment than typical pattern cases. ..
- Okahara K, Nagata N, Shimada T, Joya A, Hayashida T, Gatanaga H, et al. Colonic cytomegalovirus detection by mucosal PCR and antiviral therapy in ulcerative colitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183951 pubmed publisher..UC treatment without anti-CMV therapy may be warranted, particularly in patients with low-load CMV-DNA. Anti-CMV therapy alone does not always achieve clinical response in UC even in cases with high-load PCR. ..
- Funatsu H, Yamashita H, Shimizu E, Mimura T, Nakamura S, Hori S. Quantitative measurement of retinal thickness in patients with diabetic macular edema is useful for evaluation of therapeutic agents. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2004;66:219-27 pubmed..0040). Lisinopril therapy may reduce macular thickness in patients with DME, as shown by this quantitative study. In addition, quantitative measurement of retinal thickness is useful when evaluating therapeutic agents for DME. ..
- Futagawa Y, Kanehira M, Furukawa K, Kitamura H, Yoshida S, Usuba T, et al. Study on the Validity of Pancreaticoduodenectomy in the Elderly. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5309-5316 pubmed..Independent prognostic factors of group C in the multivariate analysis were pancreatic cancer and reoperation. For elderly patients aged 75 years or over, caution should be exercised in selecting PD for patients with pancreatic cancer. ..
- Ito N, Wada H, Matsumoto M, Fujimura Y, Murata M, Izuno T, et al. National questionnaire survey of TMA. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:328-335 pubmed publisher..However, the determination of ADAMTS13 was not universal in Japan at the time of this questionnaire. ..
- Yasunaga H, Horiguchi H, Tanabe S, Akahane M, Ogawa T, Koike S, et al. Collaborative effects of bystander-initiated cardiopulmonary resuscitation and prehospital advanced cardiac life support by physicians on survival of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a nationwide population-based observational study. Crit Care. 2010;14:R199 pubmed publisher..The groups with BCPR and ACLS by physicians had the best outcomes. However, receiving ACLS by physicians without preceding BCPR significantly increased the number of patients with neurologically unfavorable outcomes. ..
- Itoh Y, Inoue M, Rii T, Hiraoka T, Hirakata A. Correlation between length of foveal cone outer segment tips line defect and visual acuity after macular hole closure. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:1438-46 pubmed publisher..23 (F value = 15.4; P < 0.001). The recovery of the foveal COST line defect is related to visual recovery after macular hole closure. The length of the preoperative COST line defect may predict the BCVA after macular hole surgery. ..
- Sezai A, Nakai T, Hata M, Yoshitake I, Shiono M, Kunimoto S, et al. Feasibility of landiolol and bisoprolol for prevention of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass grafting: a pilot study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;144:1241-8 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the efficacy of increasing the dose and administration period of landiolol for prevention of postoperative AF, as well as the effect of oral bisoprolol in the early postoperative period...
- Ueno M, Okusaka T, Omuro Y, Isayama H, Fukutomi A, Ikeda M, et al. A randomized phase II study of S-1 plus oral leucovorin versus S-1 monotherapy in patients with gemcitabine-refractory advanced pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:502-8 pubmed publisher..The addition of LV to S-1 significantly improved PFS in patients with gemcitabine-refractory advanced PC, and a phase III trial has been initiated in a similar setting. Japan Pharmaceutical Information Center: JapicCTI-111554. ..
- Arii K, Igarashi H, Arii T, Katayama Y. The effect of ozagrel sodium on photochemical thrombosis in rat: therapeutic window and combined therapy with heparin sodium. Life Sci. 2002;71:2983-94 pubmed..v., 60 min or 120 min after induction of thrombosis. Ozagrel reduced infarct volume, but its effect diminished with delayed administration. The therapeutic window was determined to be less than 60 minutes after induction of thrombosis. ..
- Kawai A, Hosono A, Nakayama R, Matsumine A, Matsumoto S, Ueda T, et al. Clear cell sarcoma of tendons and aponeuroses: a study of 75 patients. Cancer. 2007;109:109-16 pubmed..The objective of this study was to determine the clinical features, prognostic factors, and optimal treatment policy for patients with this rare disease...
- Sano T, Shimada K, Sakamoto Y, Yamamoto J, Yamasaki S, Kosuge T. One hundred two consecutive hepatobiliary resections for perihilar cholangiocarcinoma with zero mortality. Ann Surg. 2006;244:240-7 pubmed..Occurrence of preoperative cholangitis or cholecystitis is a significant indicator for morbidity of major hepatobiliary resection. ..
- Tomita E, Kondo T, Nakazawa H, Ito F, Hashimoto Y, Tanabe K. Successful testis preservation for bilateral testicular tumors with a new chemotherapy-based protocol: initial results of three cases. Int J Urol. 2007;14:879-82 pubmed..Testis preservation with a chemotherapy-based new protocol was carried out successfully without recurrence. In addition, our protocol preserved a good quality of life in all patients. ..
- Munakata W, Ohashi K, Sakaguchi K, Horio H, Hishima T, Akiyama H, et al. Erythrocytosis caused by erythropoietin-producing thymic carcinoma. Int J Clin Oncol. 2010;15:220-3 pubmed publisher..The existence of EPO was confirmed immunohistochemically using the tumor tissue. Postoperative clinical improvement of erythrocytosis and the decline of EPO suggest a paraneoplastic nature of erythrocytosis as seen in this patient. ..
- Tsujimoto T, Sugiyama T, Shapiro M, Noda M, Kajio H. Risk of Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus on ?-Blockers. Hypertension. 2017;70:103-110 pubmed publisher..30; 95% confidence interval, 1.03-1.64; P=0.02). In conclusion, the use of ?-blockers in patients with diabetes mellitus was associated with an increased risk for cardiovascular events. ..
- Ogawa Y, Chiba K, Matsumoto M, Nakamura M, Takaishi H, Hirabayashi H, et al. Long-term results after expansive open-door laminoplasty for the segmental-type of ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the cervical spine: a comparison with nonsegmental-type lesions. J Neurosurg Spine. 2005;3:198-204 pubmed..The long-term results of expansive open-door laminoplasty in the treatment of segmental-type OPLL were inferior to those for other types. Cervical mobility may contribute to the development of late deterioration of cervical myelopathy. ..
- Hata H, Hiraoka N, Ojima H, Shimada K, Kosuge T, Shimoda T. Carcinoid tumor arising in a duplication cyst of the duodenum. Pathol Int. 2006;56:272-8 pubmed
- Shien T, Shimizu C, Seki K, Shibata T, Hojo T, Ando M, et al. Comparison among different classification systems regarding the pathological response of preoperative chemotherapy in relation to the long-term outcome. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;113:307-13 pubmed publisher..All three classifications analyzed were considered inadequate as the prognostic marker of the long-term outcome after NAC and further studies are warranted to optimize the prediction. ..
- Tagawa Y, Saito T, Takada K, Kawahata K, Kohsaka H. Successful treatment of severe refractory lupus hepatitis with mycophenolate mofetil. Lupus. 2016;25:543-6 pubmed publisher..Mycophenolate mofetil might be an effective therapeutic option for refractory lupus hepatitis. ..
- Nunobe S, Okaro A, Sasako M, Saka M, Fukagawa T, Katai H, et al. Billroth 1 versus Roux-en-Y reconstructions: a quality-of-life survey at 5 years. Int J Clin Oncol. 2007;12:433-9 pubmed..However, the overall outcome in both groups was good, with patient satisfaction scores of around 75% in each group. ..
- Shimoyama T, Tamura Y, Sakamoto T, Inoue K. Immune-mediated myositis in Crohn's disease. Muscle Nerve. 2009;39:101-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the myositis in Crohn's disease is immune-mediated and that treatment of bowel inflammation should be emphasized as opposed to steroid or other immunosuppressive therapy. ..
- Mizuno H, Miyamoto M, Shimamoto M, Koike S, Hyakusoku H, Kuroyanagi Y. Therapeutic angiogenesis by autologous bone marrow cell implantation together with allogeneic cultured dermal substitute for intractable ulcers in critical limb ischaemia. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010;63:1875-82 pubmed publisher..Since the incidence of this condition might increase in the future, this therapeutic approach should play an important role in the preservation of ischaemic limbs. ..
- Kaito K, Otsubo H, Usui N, Kobayashi M. Th1/Th2 lymphocyte balance in patients with aplastic anemia. Rinsho Byori. 2004;52:569-73 pubmed..6 to 8.3, 16.3 to 10.9 and 11.8 to 9.5). Our results suggest that Th1 lymphocytes are more predominant in AA, and it may be very useful to monitor the Th1/Th2 ratio during IST. ..
- Yaguchi Y, Wada K, Uchimizu H, Tanaka Y, Kojima H, Moriyama H. Middle ear mucosa regeneration by grafting of artificial mucosa. Acta Otolaryngol. 2007;127:1038-44 pubmed..AMEM implantation suppressed bone hyperplasia and granulation, leading to better mucosal regeneration. Mucosal gas exchange was also significantly improved after implantation. ..
- Hara N, Oka H, Yamazaki T, Takeshita K, Murakami M, Hoshi K, et al. Predictors of residual symptoms in lower extremities after decompression surgery on lumbar spinal stenosis. Eur Spine J. 2010;19:1849-54 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to identify specific predictors for these two remaining major symptoms of LSS after decompression surgery, and consideration could be given to including this in the informed consent. ..