Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications619 found, 100 shown here
- Okazaki T, Iwatani S, Yanai T, Kobayashi H, Kato Y, Marusasa T, et al. Treatment of lymphangioma in children: our experience of 128 cases. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:386-9 pubmed..The aim of this study is to investigate the optimal treatment for lymphangioma in children by analyzing the effectiveness and complications of treatment modalities...
- Tanimura S, Saito Y, Honma K, Koizumi K. Surgical case of giant malignant mesenchymoma in the posterior mediastinum that recurred in the bilateral mediastinum. J Nippon Med Sch. 2008;75:212-5 pubmed..The patient had local recurrence in both sides of the mediastinum 3 years and 6 months after surgery, and the recurrent tumors were completely resected again...
- Hayashida M, Nagashima M, Satoh Y, Katoh R, Tagami M, Ide S, et al. Analgesic requirements after major abdominal surgery are associated with OPRM1 gene polymorphism genotype and haplotype. Pharmacogenomics. 2008;9:1605-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OPRM1 gene tag SNP genotypes and haplotypes can primarily contribute to prediction of postoperative analgesic requirements in individual patients undergoing major open abdominal surgery. ..
- Nakamura S, Kawamata T, Kobayashi T, Hori T. Clival inflammation with cavernous sinus thrombophlebitis and orbital subperiosteal abscess--case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:168-71 pubmed..These unusual lesions should be kept in mind as one of the differential diagnoses. ..
- Tsujino T, Yamada A, Isayama H, Kogure H, Sasahira N, Hirano K, et al. Experiences of biliary interventions using short double-balloon enteroscopy in patients with Roux-en-Y anastomosis or hepaticojejunostomy. Dig Endosc. 2010;22:211-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of short DBE for managing biliary disorders in patients with a Roux-en-Y gastrectomy or hepaticojejunostomy (HJ)...
- Naganuma M, Shiga T, Sato K, Murasaki K, Hashiguchi M, Mochizuki M, et al. Clinical outcome in Japanese elderly patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation taking warfarin: a single-center observational study. Thromb Res. 2012;130:21-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that a target PT-INR of 2.0 and a range of 1.5-2.5 may be safe for elderly Japanese patients with non-valvular AF. ..
- Kataoka M, Inami T, Hayashida K, Shimura N, Ishiguro H, Abe T, et al. Percutaneous transluminal pulmonary angioplasty for the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2012;5:756-62 pubmed publisher..PTPA may be a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. URL: http://www.umin.ac.jp. Unique identifier: UMIN000001572. ..
- Hasegawa T, Suga Y, Mizoguchi M, Muramatsu S, Mizuno Y, Ogawa H, et al. An allogeneic cultured dermal substitute suitable for treating intractable skin ulcers and large skin defects prior to autologous skin grafting: three case reports. J Dermatol. 2005;32:715-20 pubmed
- Mori Y, Shiotani A, Saito K, Araki K, Ikeda K, Nakagawa M, et al. A novel drug therapy for recurrent laryngeal nerve injury using T-588. Laryngoscope. 2007;117:1313-8 pubmed..These results indicate that oral administration of T-588 might be a promising therapeutic option in treating peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Yoshioka T, Tachihara A, Koyama T, Iwakawa K, Sakane M, Nakamura H. Rapid destruction of the hip joint associated with enlarged iliopsoas bursa in a patient with refractory rheumatoid arthritis. J Nippon Med Sch. 2008;75:233-8 pubmed..Radiological examination showed that rheumatoid arthritis was most likely diagnosis. The patient was treated with total hip arthroplasty and etanercept, with good results...
- Wang Y, Takanashi M, Tsuji K, Tanaka N, Shiseki M, Mori N, et al. Level of DNA topoisomerase IIalpha mRNA predicts the treatment response of relapsed acute leukemic patients. Leuk Res. 2009;33:902-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the change of Topo IIalpha expression in leukemic blasts at relapse may predict therapeutic responsiveness. ..
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Hirakawa M, Kawamura Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, et al. Association of amino acid substitution pattern in core protein of hepatitis C virus genotype 2a high viral load and virological response to interferon-ribavirin combination therapy. Intervirology. 2009;52:301-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the aa substitution pattern of the core region in patients with a high titer of genotype 2a may partly affect the virological response to combination therapy. ..
- Nishiyama Y, Abe A, Ueda M, Katsura K, Katayama Y. Nicergoline increases serum substance P levels in patients with an ischaemic stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;29:194-8 pubmed publisher..Further trials of nicergoline treatment in patients at risk for aspiration pneumonia are warranted. ..
- Koga H, Kato Y, Shimotakahara A, Miyano G, Lane G, Okazaki T, et al. Intraoperative measurement of rectourethral fistula: prevention of incomplete excision in male patients with high-/intermediate-type imperforate anus. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:397-400 pubmed publisher..At mean follow-up of 11 months, urination is normal in all without evidence of residual fistula. Knowing the exact length of the RUF facilitates safe and complete excision in an otherwise blind situation. ..
- Oki Y, Hirose T, Yamaoka T, Kusumoto S, Shirai T, Sugiyama T, et al. Phase II study of S-1, a novel oral fluoropyrimidine, and biweekly administration of docetaxel for previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;67:791-7 pubmed publisher..The combination of S-1 and biweekly docetaxel is an acceptable therapeutic option in patients with previously treated advanced NSCLC regardless of the histological type. ..
- Tomita H, Nakanishi T, Hamaoka K, Kobayashi T, Ono Y. Stenting in congenital heart disease: medium- and long-term outcomes from the JPIC stent survey. Circ J. 2010;74:1676-83 pubmed..Percutaneous stenting using Palmaz or Palmaz Genesis stents and redilation are now common procedures in Japan with little morbidity during the medium- and long-term follow-up period. ..
- Song P, Tang W, Tamura S, Hasegawa K, Sugawara Y, Dong J, et al. The management of hepatocellular carcinoma in Asia: a guideline combining quantitative and qualitative evaluation. Biosci Trends. 2010;4:283-7 pubmed..The guidelines should also be updated by incorporating new evidence. ..
- Hotta N, Kawamori R, Fukuda M, Shigeta Y. Long-term clinical effects of epalrestat, an aldose reductase inhibitor, on progression of diabetic neuropathy and other microvascular complications: multivariate epidemiological analysis based on patient background factors and severity of diabetic n. Diabet Med. 2012;29:1529-33 pubmed publisher..The effect on diabetic retinopathy/nephropathy may have occurred indirectly because of the prevention of progression of diabetic neuropathy, in addition to the inhibitory action of epalrestat on aldose reductase. ..
- Niimi K, Goto O, Fujishiro M, Kodashima S, Ono S, Mochizuki S, et al. Endoscopic mucosal resection with a ligation device or endoscopic submucosal dissection for rectal carcinoid tumors: an analysis of 24 consecutive cases. Dig Endosc. 2012;24:443-7 pubmed publisher..8 ± 3.1 day) than in the ESD group (6.2 ± 2.1 day), and eight EMR-L cases were treated in an outpatient setting. EMR-L is a simple and effective procedure that compares favorably to ESD for small rectal carcinoid tumors. ..
- Fujii T, Kohno Y, Nishiyama T. [Anesthesia for open reduction of ankle fracture in a patient with giant pituitary adenoma]. Masui. 2013;62:1440-2 pubmed..The surgery was successfully done without any complications and the patient was discharged uneventfully 25 days after surgery. When patient has a giant pituitary tumor, peripheral nerve block might be a good choice for anesthesia. ..
- Inaba A, Hamasaki Y, Ishikura K, Hamada R, Sakai T, Hataya H, et al. Long-term outcome of idiopathic steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome in children. Pediatr Nephrol. 2016;31:425-34 pubmed publisher..9Â %). Our results suggest that a recently developed therapeutic regimen with cyclosporine considerably improves both the initial remission rate and the long-term renal survival rate of children with idiopathic SRNS. ..
- Terakura S, Atsuta Y, Tsukada N, Kobayashi T, Tanaka M, Kanda J, et al. Comparison of Outcomes of 8/8 and 7/8 Allele-Matched Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplantation and Single-Unit CordÂ Blood Transplantation in Adults with Acute Leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:330-338 pubmed publisher..For ALL, we found no significant difference in OS among the 3 groups. Cord blood may be the first choice alternative to 8/8 UBMT for both AML and ALL. ..
- Uchida S, Kinoh H, Ishii T, Matsui A, Tockary T, Takeda K, et al. Systemic delivery of messenger RNA for the treatment of pancreatic cancer using polyplex nanomicelles with a cholesterol moiety. Biomaterials. 2016;82:221-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the stabilized nanomicelle system led to the successful systemic delivery of mRNA in therapeutic application, holding great promise for the treatment of various diseases. ..
- Ichikawa H, Imai J, Mizukami H, Shirai T, Watanabe N. Treatment of a Case of Ulcerative Colitis with Sacroiliitis Using Granulocyte and Monocyte Adsorption Apheresis. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2017;42:64-66 pubmed..GMA apheresis may be considered a new treatment option for UC-associated spondyloarthropathy that is refractory or tolerant to conventional treatment. ..
- Takada Y, Morimoto T, Sugawara T, Ohno K. Trigeminal neuralgia associated with achondroplasia. Case report with literature review. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2001;143:1173-6 pubmed..This is the first reported case of trigeminal neuralgia in a patient with achondroplasia. The deformity of the skull base was considered to influence the development of the trigeminal neuralgia...
- Sawada T, Fuchinoue S, Teraoka S. Successful A1-to-O ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation after a preconditioning regimen consisting of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody infusions, splenectomy, and double-filtration plasmapheresis. Transplantation. 2002;74:1207-10 pubmed..A preconditioning regimen consisting of rituximab infusions and a splenectomy is a useful new strategy for performing ABO-incompatible kidney transplantations when the conventional preconditioning regimen does not work. ..
- Mukubo Y, Sato K, Kawamata M. [Effective radiofrequency lesioning for obturator nerve neuropathy]. Masui. 2003;52:990-2 pubmed..Treatment with radio-frequency lesion of 50 degrees C for 60 seconds of the right obturator nerve relieved her pain for 9 months without muscle weakness. This case shows usefulness of radiofrequency lesion for obturator nerve pain. ..
- Ando M, Takahashi Y, Kikuchi T. Short operation time: an important element to reduce operative invasiveness in pediatric cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;80:631-5 pubmed..In order to reduce operative invasiveness, simultaneous effort to reduce, or at least not to increase, the operation time are mandatory. ..
- Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Tago M, Nakamura N, Shiraishi K, Ohtomo K. Salvage radiotherapy for postoperative loco-regional recurrence of esophageal cancer. Dis Esophagus. 2005;18:215-20 pubmed..Additionally, there is symptomatic relief in a substantial proportion of such patients, and long-term survival is possible in some patients. ..
- Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Tago M, Igaki H, Nakamura N, Shiraishi K, et al. The experience of concurrent chemoradiation for Japanese patients with superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective study. Am J Clin Oncol. 2005;28:555-9 pubmed..Although this study was not randomized, the results showed that cCRT is a safe and effective method for treating patients with superficial esophageal cancer. ..
- Tsutsui H, Kubota M, Yamada M, Suzuki A, Usuda J, Shibuya H, et al. Airway stenting for the treatment of laryngotracheal stenosis secondary to thyroid cancer. Respirology. 2008;13:632-8 pubmed publisher..The study showed that for the most common lesions, the uncovered Ultraflex stent is associated with fewer critical complications than the silicone stents. ..
- Kishi K, Nakajima H, Imanishi N, Nakajima T. Extended split superior gluteus maximus musculocutaneous flap and reconstruction after resection of perianal and lower gluteal hidradenitis suppurativa. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009;62:1081-6 pubmed publisher..Thus it may be the first choice for reconstruction of the lower buttock. ..
- Shibuya H. Current status and perspectives of brachytherapy for head and neck cancer. Int J Clin Oncol. 2009;14:2-6 pubmed publisher..The major problems are neck node metastasis and a second primary cancer of the respiratory tract or upper digestive tract, and the minor problem is radiation-induced cancer...
- Shoji K, Ito N, Ito Y, Inoue N, Adachi S, Fujimaru T, et al. Is a 6-week course of ganciclovir therapy effective for chorioretinitis in infants with congenital cytomegalovirus infection?. J Pediatr. 2010;157:331-3 pubmed publisher..We report an infant with congenital CMV infection, who required a 6-month course of antiviral therapy to control his chorioretinitis. Long-term treatment may be necessary for managing congenital CMV-associated chorioretinitis...
- Matsumoto Y, Yuzawa M. Intravitreal bevacizumab therapy for idiopathic macular telangiectasia. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2010;54:320-4 pubmed publisher..Type 2 IMT improved anatomically with bevacizumab treatment despite a lack of improvement in vision. Bevacizumab effectively decreases vascular permeability and retinal edema in the short term. ..
- Wakabayashi G, Sasaki A, Nishizuka S, Furukawa T, Kitajima M. Our initial experience with robotic hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2011;18:481-7 pubmed publisher..We review robotic laparoscopic cholecystectomy and hepatectomy and discuss the potential and future outlook for robotic hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery. ..
- Noma N, Kamo H, Nakaya Y, Dezawa K, Young A, Khan J, et al. Stellate ganglion block as an early intervention in sympathetically maintained headache and orofacial pain caused by temporal arteritis. Pain Med. 2013;14:392-7 pubmed publisher..This case demonstrates that SGB may relieve pain related to temporal arteritis and sympathetically maintained headache and orofacial pain by reducing noxious stimulation peripherally and decreasing central pain transmission centrally. ..
- Iwasaki Y, Sasako M, Yamamoto S, Nakamura K, Sano T, Katai H, et al. Phase II study of preoperative chemotherapy with S-1 and cisplatin followed by gastrectomy for clinically resectable type 4 and large type 3 gastric cancers (JCOG0210). J Surg Oncol. 2013;107:741-5 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of this study, we are now conducting a phase III study (JCOG0501) to confirm the superiority of this treatment. ..
- Srisomboon C, Koizumi K, Haraguchi S, Mikami I, Iijima Y, Shimizu K. Thoracoscopic surgery for non-small-cell lung cancer: elderly vs. octogenarians. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2013;21:56-60 pubmed publisher..Thoracoscopic surgery for treatment of primary non-small-cell lung cancer can be performed with similar postoperative complication rates, operative mortality, and survival in octogenarians when compared to elderly patients. ..
- Sonpavde G, Pond G, Choueiri T, Mullane S, Niegisch G, Albers P, et al. Single-agent Taxane Versus Taxane-containing Combination Chemotherapy as Salvage Therapy for Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2016;69:634-641 pubmed publisher..This retrospective study suggests that a combination of chemotherapy agents may extend survival compared with single-agent chemotherapy in selected patients with metastatic urothelial cancer progressing after prior chemotherapy. ..
- Abe H, Midorikawa Y, Mitsuka Y, Aramaki O, Higaki T, Matsumoto N, et al. Predicting postoperative outcomes of liver resection by magnetic resonance elastography. Surgery. 2017;162:248-255 pubmed publisher..003). The liver stiffness measurement by magnetic resonance elastography could be used as a predictive marker for the risk of major complications due to blood loss during liver resection. ..
- Igarashi Y, Yokobori S, Yoshino Y, Masuno T, Miyauchi M, Yokota H. Prehospital removal improves neurological outcomes in elderly patient with foreign body airway obstruction. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1396-1399 pubmed publisher..When airway obstruction occurs, bystanders should remove foreign bodies immediately. ..
- Nash P, Kirkham B, Okada M, Rahman P, Combe B, Burmester G, et al. Ixekizumab for the treatment of patients with active psoriatic arthritis and an inadequate response to tumour necrosis factor inhibitors: results from the 24-week randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled period of the SPIRIT-P2 phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2017;389:2317-2327 pubmed publisher..Eli Lilly and Company. ..
- Ueno H, Kanemitsu Y, Sekine S, Ishiguro M, Ito E, Hashiguchi Y, et al. Desmoplastic Pattern at the Tumor Front Defines Poor-prognosis Subtypes of Colorectal Cancer. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1506-1512 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study reporting a greater prognostic power of histology of the fibrotic stroma than that of tumor factors. ..
- Ogihara T, Kuramoto K. Effect of long-term treatment with antihypertensive drugs on quality of life of elderly patients with hypertension: a double-blind comparative study between a calcium antagonist and a diuretic. NICS-EH Study Group. National Intervention Cooperative S. Hypertens Res. 2000;23:33-7 pubmed..In conclusion, the two anti-hypertensive agents had nearly equivalent effects on QOL in the long-term treatment of hypertension in the elderly and that neither resulted in a deterioration in QOL. ..
- Koketsu S, Watanabe T, Hori N, Umetani N, Takazawa Y, Nagawa H. Hemophagocytic syndrome caused by fulminant ulcerative colitis and cytomegalovirus infection: report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum. 2004;47:1250-3; discussion 1253-5 pubmed..The patient was diagnosed with virus-associated hemophagocytic syndrome and was successfully treated with antiviral therapy consisting of intravenous ganciclovir, gamma globulin, and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor. ..
- Miyano G, Yamataka A, Shimotakahara A, Kobayashi H, Lane G, Miyano T. Cholecystectomy alone is inadequate for treating forme fruste choledochal cyst: evidence from a rare but important case report. Pediatr Surg Int. 2005;21:61-3 pubmed..This case provides strong evidence that CBD excision with biliary reconstruction is mandatory for treating FFCC and, conversely, that cholecystectomy alone is inadequate for treating children with FFCC...
- Miyata H, Motomura N, Ueda Y, Matsuda H, Takamoto S. Effect of procedural volume on outcome of coronary artery bypass graft surgery in Japan: implication toward public reporting and minimal volume standards. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008;135:1306-12 pubmed publisher..Although minimal volume standards might be effective to improve quality to some extent, volume has limitations as a marker of quality because of its wide range of variance. ..
- Karasaki T, Nakajima J, Murakawa T, Fukami T, Yoshida Y, Kusakabe M, et al. Video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy preserves more latissimus dorsi muscle than conventional surgery. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;8:316-9; discussion 319-20 pubmed publisher..001). Those on the non-surgical side were 89+/-23% in the VATS group and 97+/-16% in the PLT group (P=0.23). We conclude that VATS may prevent atrophy of LDM on the surgical side better than conventional thoracotomy. ..
- Yasunaga H, Matsuyama Y, Ohe K. Risk-adjusted analyses of the effects of hospital and surgeon volumes on postoperative complications and the modified Rankin scale after clipping of unruptured intracranial aneurysms in Japan. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2008;48:531-8; discussion 538 pubmed..Therefore, the justification for hospital volume-based policies remains unclear. Prospective risk-adjusted volume-based studies are required for future evidence-based referral policies. ..
- Yagi T, Hattori H, Ohira M, Nakamichi K, Takayama Ito M, Saijo M, et al. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy developed in incomplete Heerfordt syndrome, a rare manifestation of sarcoidosis, without steroid therapy responding to cidofovir. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2010;112:153-6 pubmed publisher
- Kawachi R, Tsukada H, Nakazato Y, Takei H, Furuyashiki G, Koshi ishi Y, et al. Early recurrence after surgical resection in patients with pathological stage I non-small cell lung cancer. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:472-5 pubmed publisher..In patients with these factors, adjuvant therapy may be indicated since this may improve their survival. ..
- Takagi K, Hata Y, Sasamoto S, Tamaki K, Fukumori K, Otsuka H, et al. Late onset postoperative pulmonary fistula following a pulmonary segmentectomy using electrocautery or a harmonic scalpel. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;16:21-5 pubmed..It was necessary to ligate the stump of a small bronchus, even though the stump had been temporally closed by coagulation necrosis with the electrocautery or harmonic scalpel during the operation. ..
- Tobinai K. Clinical trials for human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I-associated peripheral T-cell lymphoma in Japan. Semin Hematol. 2010;47 Suppl 1:S5-7 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials with pralatrexate, a folate analog, and denileukin diftitox, an immunoconjugate, are under discussion for patients with ATL and peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL). ..
- Nishimori H, Takahashi S, Kiura K, Ennishi D, Kobayashi T, Sano K, et al. Cancer of unknown primary site: a review of 28 cases and the efficacy of cisplatin/docetaxel therapy at a single institute in Japan. Acta Med Okayama. 2010;64:285-91 pubmed..In conclusion, CDDP/TXT chemotherapy is effective with tolerable toxicity in patients with CUP. Japanese patients with CUP might be chemosensitive and may survive longer. ..
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Hirakawa M, Kawamura Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, et al. Amino acid substitution in HCV core region and genetic variation near the IL28B gene affect viral dynamics during telaprevir, peginterferon and ribavirin treatment. Intervirology. 2012;55:417-25 pubmed publisher..This study identified genetic variation near IL28B gene and aa substitution of the core region as predictors of viral dynamics during triple therapy. ..
- Ono M, Tsuda H, Shimizu C, Yamamoto S, Shibata T, Yamamoto H, et al. Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes are correlated with response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:793-805 pubmed publisher..Although the whole analysis was exploratory, the degree of TIL correlated with immune response appear to play a substantial role in the response to NAC in TNBC. ..
- Harigai M, Takamura A, Atsumi T, Dohi M, Hirata S, Kameda H, et al. Elevation of KL-6 serum levels in clinical trials of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a report from the Japan College of Rheumatology Ad Hoc Committee for Safety of Biological DMARDs. Mod Rheumatol. 2013;23:284-96 pubmed publisher..7 % of these patients. Serum KL-6 levels may increase during anti-TNF therapy without significant clinical events. In these patients, continuing treatment with TNF inhibitors under careful observation is a reasonable option. ..
- Takamura E, Tsubota K, Watanabe H, Ohashi Y. A randomised, double-masked comparison study of diquafosol versus sodium hyaluronate ophthalmic solutions in dry eye patients. Br J Ophthalmol. 2012;96:1310-5 pubmed..Diquafosol has high clinical efficacy and is well tolerated with a good safety profile. ..
- Ruff C, Giugliano R, Braunwald E, Hoffman E, Deenadayalu N, Ezekowitz M, et al. Comparison of the efficacy and safety of new oral anticoagulants with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysis of randomised trials. Lancet. 2014;383:955-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer clinicians a more comprehensive picture of the new oral anticoagulants as a therapeutic option to reduce the risk of stroke in this patient population. None. ..
- Saad F, Fizazi K, Jinga V, Efstathiou E, Fong P, Hart L, et al. Orteronel plus prednisone in patients with chemotherapy-naive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (ELM-PC 4): a double-blind, multicentre, phase 3, randomised, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16:338-48 pubmed publisher..Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. ..
- Inoue K, Matsuyama H, Fujimoto K, Hirao Y, Watanabe H, Ozono S, et al. The clinical trial on the safety and effectiveness of the photodynamic diagnosis of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer using fluorescent light-guided cystoscopy after oral administration of 5-aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA). Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2016;13:91-96 pubmed publisher..ALA-PDD was shown to be safe and effective. Furthermore, diagnostic accuracy of PDD increased with increased dose of 5-ALA, and the recommended dose was determined as â‰§20mg/kg/body in the present study. ..
- Okuda Y, Ishikura K, Terano C, Harada R, Hamada R, Hataya H, et al. Irreversible severe kidney injury and anuria in a 3-month-old girl with atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome under administration of eculizumab. Nephrology (Carlton). 2016;21:261-5 pubmed publisher..Although showing efficacy against thrombotic microangiopathy, eculizumab did not improve kidney function. The pathological findings reflected the severe and irreversible kidney injury. ..
- Ikegame K, Imai K, Yamashita M, Hoshino A, Kanegane H, Morio T, et al. Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for X-linked agammaglobulinemia using reduced intensity conditioning as a model of the reconstitution of humoral immunity. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:9 pubmed publisher..The recovery of T-cell receptor excision circles (TRECs) was slow, but became detectable 1 year post-hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). ..
- Aoki K, Sakaue T, Kubota N, Maruo T. Outcome of surgery for bilateral third nerve palsy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2002;46:540-7 pubmed..Postoperatively, diplopia in the primary position was absent in 11 and remained in 5 cases. Surgery for bilateral third nerve paresis or palsy achieved lasting cosmetic or functional improvements in the majority of cases. ..
- Akiyama M, Yanagisawa T, Yuza Y, Yokoi K, Ariga M, Fujisawa K, et al. Successful treatment of Diamond-Blackfan anemia with metoclopramide. Am J Hematol. 2005;78:295-8 pubmed..Metoclopramide therapy should be considered in patients with refractory DBA before treatment-related complications develop...
- Mori T, Hirota T, Ohashi Y, Kodaira S. Significance of histologic type of primary lesion and metastatic lymph nodes as a prognostic factor in stage III colon cancer. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006;49:982-92 pubmed..In such cases, it is possible for adjuvant chemotherapy to have a deleterious effect, and therefore, it is not recommended. ..
- Itoi T, Sofuni A, Itokawa F, Tsuchiya T, Kurihara T, Ishii K, et al. Endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage in patients with acute cholecystitis in whom percutaneous transhepatic approach is contraindicated or anatomically impossible (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2008;68:455-60 pubmed publisher
- Dohi T, Kasai T, Narui K, Ishiwata S, Ohno M, Yamaguchi T, et al. Bi-level positive airway pressure ventilation for treating heart failure with central sleep apnea that is unresponsive to continuous positive airway pressure. Circ J. 2008;72:1100-5 pubmed..Bi-level PAP could be an effective alternative for patients with HF and pure CSR-CSA who are unresponsive to CPAP. ..
- Matsuda Y, Yamamoto T, Kudo M, Kawahara K, Kawamoto M, Nakajima Y, et al. Expression and roles of lumican in lung adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:1177-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that the expression pattern and the glycosylated type of lumican in cells and stromal tissues correlate with the aggressiveness of lung SqCC and ADC. ..
- Miura N, Imai H, Kikuchi S, Hayashi S, Endoh M, Kawamura T, et al. Tonsillectomy and steroid pulse (TSP) therapy for patients with IgA nephropathy: a nationwide survey of TSP therapy in Japan and an analysis of the predictive factors for resistance to TSP therapy. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2009;13:460-466 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that patients with either early-stage or mild to moderate IgA nephropathy easily achieve CR following TSP therapy, whereas patients with late-stage or severe disease are prone to TSP therapy resistance. ..
- Inui K, Takahashi Y, Komeichi H, Katsuta Y, Shimizu S, Mizuno K. Successful transcatheter chemoembolization for acute jaundice in a patient with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein tumor thrombosis: a case report. J Nippon Med Sch. 2009;76:217-20 pubmed..After TACE, total bilirubin decreased to 7.0 mg/dL, and the patient survived for 4 more months...
- Inoue T, Yoshikawa K, Tada M, Nakamura T, Hinoshita F. Two cases of Weil's disease with acute renal failure in the central Tokyo metropolitan area. Clin Nephrol. 2010;73:76-80 pubmed..These two cases indicate the need for awareness of leptospirosis among physicians working even in urban areas of developed countries...
- Nakamichi K, Tachibana S, Yamamoto S, Ida M. Percutaneous carpal tunnel release compared with mini-open release using ultrasonographic guidance for both techniques. J Hand Surg Am. 2010;35:437-45 pubmed publisher..05). There were no complications. The PCTR provides the same neurologic recovery as does the mini-OCTR. The former leads to less postoperative morbidity and earlier functional return and achievement of satisfaction. Therapeutic III. ..
- Kaneko T, Matsushima H, Morimoto H, Tsuzaka Y, Homma Y. Efficacy of low dose tamsulosin in medical expulsive therapy for ureteral stones in Japanese male patients: a randomized controlled study. Int J Urol. 2010;17:462-5 pubmed publisher..Low dose tamsulosin can significantly facilitate spontaneous passage of ureteral stones without significant side-effects in Japanese male patients. ..
- Suzuki F, Akuta N, Suzuki Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, Arase Y, et al. Efficacy of switching to entecavir monotherapy in Japanese lamivudine-pretreated patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:892-8 pubmed publisher..Switching to entecavir 0.5 mg/day achieves or maintains undetectable HBV DNA levels and ALT normalization over 2 years, especially in patients with viral load less than 5.0 log(10) copies/mL. ..
- Kurosaki M, Sakamoto N, Iwasaki M, Sakamoto M, Suzuki Y, Hiramatsu N, et al. Sequences in the interferon sensitivity-determining region and core region of hepatitis C virus impact pretreatment prediction of response to PEG-interferon plus ribavirin: data mining analysis. J Med Virol. 2011;83:445-52 pubmed publisher..A decision-tree model that includes these viral factors as predictors could identify patients with a high probability of sustained virological response. ..
- Hanadate T, Wakasugi M, Sogabe K, Kobayashi T, Horita H, Kawamura I, et al. Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of micafungin in Japanese patients with deep mycosis: a post-marketing survey report. J Infect Chemother. 2011;17:622-32 pubmed publisher..031). Taken together, our post-marketing findings show that micafungin is effective against deep mycosis caused by Candida or Aspergillus in patients across a range of backgrounds. ..
- Shindoh J, Hasegawa K, Matsuyama Y, Inoue Y, Ishizawa T, Aoki T, et al. Low hepatitis C viral load predicts better long-term outcomes in patients undergoing resection of hepatocellular carcinoma irrespective of serologic eradication of hepatitis C virus. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:766-73 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the impact of HCV viral load on surgical outcomes. The study objective was to investigate clinical significance of HCV viral load on long-term outcomes of HCC...
- Ishiguro N, Maeda A, Suzuki K, Yamana Y, Fukuya Y, Kawashima M. Three cases of perioral dermatitis related to fusobacteria treated with ?-lactam antibiotics. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014;25:507-9 pubmed publisher..Fusobacteria were positive before treatment but became negative after the treatment in all of them. The ?-lactam antibiotics might be a useful treatment for perioral dermatitis, especially in cases who cannot take tetracyclines. ..
- Takano H, Ohba T, Yamamoto E, Miyachi H, Inui K, Kawanaka H, et al. Usefulness of rosuvastatin to prevent periprocedural myocardial injury in patients undergoing elective coronary intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2013;111:1688-93 pubmed publisher..However, low-dose rosuvastatin is sufficient for patients who are already taking statins. ..
- Sumida H, Asano Y, Hatano M, Aozasa N, Toyama T, Akamata K, et al. Effect of ambrisentan on peripheral circulation in patients with systemic sclerosis. Mod Rheumatol. 2016;26:454-7 pubmed publisher..Additionally, objective evaluations with thermography showed improvement of hand coldness in steady-state and cold challenge tests. Ambrisentan might have a potential to improve peripheral circulation in SSc. ..
- Shiba E, Yamashita H, Kurebayashi J, Noguchi S, Iwase H, Ohashi Y, et al. A randomized controlled study evaluating safety and efficacy of leuprorelin acetate every-3-months depot for 2 versus 3 or more years with tamoxifen for 5 years as adjuvant treatment in premenopausal patients with endocrine-responsive breast cancer. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:499-509 pubmed publisher..No new safety signal was identified for long-term leuprorelin treatment. Longer follow-up observation is needed to determine the optimal duration of leuprorelin treatment. ..
- Miyazu M, Kikuchi H, Hamada A, Fukushima S, Ouchi K, Bosch Castells V, et al. A Japanese study to assess immunogenicity and safety of a typhoid Vi polysaccharide vaccine. Vaccine. 2015;33:6697-702 pubmed publisher..Most of these reactions were mild in intensity and resolved within 7 days. A single dose of typhoid Vi polysaccharide vaccine, Typhim Vi(Â®), demonstrated good safety and immunogenicity profile in a Japanese population. ..
- Takasugi Y, Furuya H, Moriya K, Okamoto Y. Clinical evaluation of inferior alveolar nerve block by injection into the pterygomandibular space anterior to the mandibular foramen. Anesth Prog. 2000;47:125-9 pubmed..A success rate of 74% was obtained. This is similar to that reported for the conventional technique but without the accompanying risks for inferior alveolar neural and vascular complications. ..
- Matsumoto M, Chiba K, Nojiri K, Ishikawa M, Toyama Y, Nishikawa Y. Extraforaminal entrapment of the fifth lumbar spinal nerve by osteophytes of the lumbosacral spine: anatomic study and a report of four cases. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002;27:E169-73 pubmed..Extraforaminal entrapment of L5 spinal nerve in the lumbosacral tunnel can cause L5 radiculopathy, and osteophytes of L5-S1 vertebral bodies are a major cause of the entrapment. ..
- Takenaka T, Itaya Y, Ishikawa I, Kobayashi K, Tsuchiya Y. Skeletal effects of erythropoietin in hemodialysis patients. Int Urol Nephrol. 2003;35:407-13 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings suggest that EPO therapy activates insulin-like growth factor system in HD patients, possibly through its actions on metabolism. ..