Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications329 found, 100 shown here
- Hasegawa D, Manabe A, Ohara A, Kikuchi A, Koh K, Kiyokawa N, et al. The utility of performing the initial lumbar puncture on day 8 in remission induction therapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: TCCSG L99-15 study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;58:23-30 pubmed publisher..Our strategy reduced the frequency of CNS-positive patients who required reinforcement of CNS-directed therapy without compromising overall outcome. ..
- Uetama T, Yoshida H, Hirakata A, Yokoyama T, Maruyama H, Suzuki S, et al. A symptomatic giant hepatic hemangioma treated with hepatectomy. J Nippon Med Sch. 2011;78:34-9 pubmed..The patient was discharged 8 days after the operation. Abdominal distension decreased and laboratory data improved after the operation. Computed tomography revealed hypertrophy of the left lobe of the liver after the operation. ..
- Yamada S, Fukuhara N, Oyama K, Takeshita A, Takeuchi Y, Ito J, et al. Surgical outcome in 90 patients with craniopharyngioma: an evaluation of transsphenoidal surgery. World Neurosurg. 2010;74:320-30 pubmed publisher..Dural fascia graft is a very effective technique to prevent CSF leaks, especially after eTSS. ..
- Kojima Y, Hashimoto K, Ando M, Yonemori K, Yamamoto H, Kodaira M, et al. Comparison of dose intensity of vincristine, d-actinomycin, and cyclophosphamide chemotherapy for child and adult rhabdomyosarcoma: a retrospective analysis. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2012;70:391-7 pubmed publisher..Herein, we examined whether the administration of VAC chemotherapy for adults and children with RMS is feasible with regard to the DIs of VAC...
- Takazawa R, Kitayama S, Tsujii T. Single-session ureteroscopy with holmium laser lithotripsy for multiple stones. Int J Urol. 2012;19:1118-21 pubmed publisher..For patients with stone burden <20 mm, either unilaterally or bilaterally, a single session of ureteroscopy is a favorable treatment option with a high stone-free rate. ..
- Ota M, Nakamura T, Hayashi K, Ohki T, Narumiya K, Sato T, et al. Usefulness of clip traction in the early phase of esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection. Dig Endosc. 2012;24:315-8 pubmed publisher..Clip traction shortens operating time and is safer in esophageal ESD. Clip traction is recommended as a useful auxiliary procedure. ..
- Yamada S, Oki K, Itoh Y, Kuroda S, Houkin K, Tominaga T, et al. Effects of Surgery and Antiplatelet Therapy in Ten-Year Follow-Up from the Registry Study of Research Committee on Moyamoya Disease in Japan. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:340-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest revascularization surgery may suppress recurrent ischemic attacks in patients with moyamoya disease. ..
- Okuma Y, Hosomi Y, Miyamoto S, Shibuya M, Okamura T, Hishima T. Correlation between S-1 treatment outcome and expression of biomarkers for refractory thymic carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:156 pubmed publisher..Although the biomarkers did not correlate with clinical outcome, the study results showed efficacy of S-1 as a cytotoxic chemotherapy for refractory thymic carcinoma, which warrants future investigation. ..
- Shirai Y, Shiba H, Horiuchi T, Saito N, Furukawa K, Sakamoto T, et al. Assessment of Outcome After Pancreaticoduodenectomy by Junior Surgeons. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3505-10 pubmed..PD performed by Junior surgeons require approximately 70 more minutes but surgery can be performed safely under appropriate patient selection, intraoperative supervision and perioperative management with comparable long-term survival. ..
- Otsubo K, Nosaki K, Imamura C, Ogata H, Fujita A, Sakata S, et al. Phase I study of salazosulfapyridine in combination with cisplatin and pemetrexed for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1843-1849 pubmed publisher..Salazosulfapyridine was thus given safely in combination with cisplatin-pemetrexed, with the addition of SASP tending to prolong progression-free survival. This trial is registered in the UMIN Clinical Trials Registry as UMIN000017854. ..
- Matsubara H, Makimoto A, Higa T, Kawamoto H, Takayama J, Ohira M, et al. Possible benefits of high-dose chemotherapy as intensive consolidation in patients with high-risk rhabdomyosarcoma who achieve complete remission with conventional chemotherapy. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2003;20:201-10 pubmed..The overall survival rate at 5 years was 70% for 14 patients who were in CR at the time of SCT. This limited experience warrants the examination of SCT in a prospective study. ..
- Unosawa S, Hata M, Sezai A, Niino T, Yoshitake I, Shimura K, et al. Successful management of fulminant myocarditis with left ventricular assist device: report of a severe case. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;16:48-51 pubmed..He was discharged on postoperative day 63 with no complications. We here report the appropriate timing of LVAD application for fulminant myocarditis. ..
- Inami T, Kataoka M, Shimura N, Ishiguro H, Yanagisawa R, Taguchi H, et al. Pulmonary edema predictive scoring index (PEPSI), a new index to predict risk of reperfusion pulmonary edema and improvement of hemodynamics in percutaneous transluminal pulmonary angioplasty. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;6:725-36 pubmed publisher..Pulmonary Flow Grade score is useful in determining therapeutic efficacy, and PEPSI is highly supportive to reduce the risk of RPE after PTPA. Using these 2 indexes, PTPA could become a safe and common therapeutic strategy for CTEPH. ..
- Uramatsu M, Saida Y, Nagao J, Takase M, Sai K, Okumura C, et al. Omental cyst: report of a case. Surg Today. 2001;31:1104-6 pubmed..Pathological examination of the surgical specimen revealed endothelial cells on its internal wall and colonies of lymphocytes, confirming a diagnosis of lymphangioma, which is the most common type of omental cyst. ..
- Shinjoh M, Yoshikawa T, Li Y, Shiraishi K, Ueki H, Nerome K. Prophylaxis and treatment of influenza encephalitis in an experimental mouse model. J Med Virol. 2002;67:406-17 pubmed..The life-prolonging effect of amantadine, however, suggests that use of amantadine together with other treatments may inhibit the progression of encephalitis. ..
- Tsunoda A, Yasuda N, Yokoyama N, Kamiyama G, Kusano M. Delorme's procedure for rectal prolapse: clinical and physiological analysis. Dis Colon Rectum. 2003;46:1260-5 pubmed..Improved anal sphincter and rectal sensation were associated with a reduced incidence of defecatory problems after Delorme's procedure. ..
- Shin M, Maruyama K, Kurita H, Kawamoto S, Tago M, Terahara A, et al. Analysis of nidus obliteration rates after gamma knife surgery for arteriovenous malformations based on long-term follow-up data: the University of Tokyo experience. J Neurosurg. 2004;101:18-24 pubmed..The timing of additional treatments for residual AVMs should be decided cautiously, considering the size of the AVM, the patient age and sex, and the history of hemorrhage before radiosurgery. ..
- Iyoda M, Shibata T, Kawaguchi M, Yamaoka T, Akizawa T. Preventive and therapeutic effects of imatinib in Wistar-Kyoto rats with anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. 2009;75:1060-70 pubmed publisher..We show that imatinib has renoprotective and therapeutic properties and provide pre-clinical work that will need to be confirmed in patients with crescentic glomerulonephritis. ..
- Ogawa T, Ishida H, Akamatsu M, Matsuda N, Fujiu A, Ito K, et al. Relation of oral 1alpha-hydroxy vitamin D3 to the progression of aortic arch calcification in hemodialysis patients. Heart Vessels. 2010;25:1-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the evaluation of AoACS on chest radiography is a very simple tool in HD patients. Active vitamin D therapy seems to protect patients from developing vascular calcification. ..
- Nannya Y, Kataoka K, Hangaishi A, Imai Y, Takahashi T, Kurokawa M. The negative impact of female donor/male recipient combination in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation depends on disease risk. Transpl Int. 2011;24:469-76 pubmed publisher..019) and most of them were GVHD-related in standard risk cases. In conclusion, FtoM mismatch has a significant impact on transplant outcome, especially in standard risk cases. ..
- Oya H, Gotoda T, Kinjo T, Suzuki H, Yoshinaga S, Taniguchi H, et al. A case of lymph node metastasis following a curative endoscopic submucosal dissection of an early gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer. 2012;15:221-5 pubmed publisher..Distal gastrectomy with D2 lymph node dissection was then performed, confirming lymph node metastasis from the original gastric cancer. ..
- Yagi M, Hasegawa J, Nagoshi N, Iizuka S, Kaneko S, Fukuda K, et al. Does the intraoperative tranexamic acid decrease operative blood loss during posterior spinal fusion for treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis?. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:E1336-42 pubmed publisher..A multicenter randomized prospective analysis would provide additional information of the efficacy and safety of TXA. ..
- Yamazaki T, Kohro T, Chujo M, Ishigaki M, Hashimoto T. The occurrence rate of cerebrovascular and cardiac events in patients receiving antihypertensive therapy from the post-marketing surveillance data for valsartan in Japan (J-VALID). Hypertens Res. 2013;36:140-50 pubmed publisher..These data will add important knowledge regarding the treatment of hypertension in Japan. ..
- Aihara M, Oshima H, Araie M. Effects of SofZia-preserved travoprost and benzalkonium chloride-preserved latanoprost on the ocular surface -- a multicentre randomized single-masked study. Acta Ophthalmol. 2013;91:e7-e14 pubmed publisher..Switching to SofZia-preserved travoprost after BAK-preserved latanoprost resulted in a lower incidence of keratoconjunctival epitheliopathy, especially in the cornea, with no clinically relevant changes in hyperaemia and IOP. ..
- Ito K, Minamimoto R, Yamashita H, Yoshida S, Morooka M, Okasaki M, et al. Evaluation of Wegener's granulomatosis using 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography. Ann Nucl Med. 2013;27:209-16 pubmed publisher..FDG PET/CT is a feasible modality for evaluating lesion activities, therapeutic monitoring, and follow-up of WG. Furthermore, biopsy sites of WG lesions may be determined by FDG PET/CT. ..
- Shimazaki C, Fuchida S, Suzuki K, Ishida T, Imai H, Sawamura M, et al. Phase 1 study of bortezomib in combination with melphalan and dexamethasone in Japanese patients with relapsed AL amyloidosis. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:79-85 pubmed publisher..Peripheral neuropathy was the most common non-hematologic toxicity (16%). We demonstrated that BMD is safe and tolerable for Japanese AL patients without severe cardiac damage. UMIN000006604. ..
- Iino Y, Imamura Y, Harigai S, Tanaka Y. Efficacy of tympanostomy tube insertion for otitis media with effusion in children with Down syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 1999;49:143-9 pubmed..The present study was carried out to determine the efficacy of tympanostomy tube insertion in children with Down syndrome...
- Nakao Y, Takayama S, Toyama Y. Cubital tunnel release with lift-type endoscopic surgery. Hand Surg. 2001;6:199-203 pubmed..Our surgical series indicated an earlier return to work and daily activity due to early healing of incisions and minimal post-operative pain. ..
- Katayama Y, Yamamoto T, Kobayashi K, Kasai M, Oshima H, Fukaya C. Motor cortex stimulation for post-stroke pain: comparison of spinal cord and thalamic stimulation. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2001;77:183-6 pubmed..This may be one of the reasons why satisfactory pain control was obtained more frequently as the stimulation site was moved to higher levels...
- Kohno H, Koyanagi T, Kasegawa H, Miyazaki M. Three-day magnesium administration prevents atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass grafting. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:117-26 pubmed..However, in older patients or in patients with reduced left ventricular function, magnesium treatment alone is insufficient for prophylaxis of postoperative atrial fibrillation. ..
- Takahashi T, Nakayama T, Tamura M, Ogawa K, Tsuda H, Morita A, et al. Nested polymerase chain reaction for assessing the clinical course of tuberculous meningitis. Neurology. 2005;64:1789-93 pubmed..During anti-tuberculosis treatments, N-PCR results converted from positive to negative, correlating with the improvement of the patient's clinical condition. ..
- Wang Y, Ogawa Y, Dogru M, Kawai M, Tatematsu Y, Uchino M, et al. Ocular surface and tear functions after topical cyclosporine treatment in dry eye patients with chronic graft-versus-host disease. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2008;41:293-302 pubmed..Bone Marrow Transplantation (2008) 41, 293-302; doi:10.1038/sj.bmt.1705900; published online 5 November 2007. ..
- Kurita N, Sakurai Y, Taniguchi M, Terao T, Takahashi H, Mannen T. Intramedullary spinal cord abscess treated with antibiotic therapy--case report and review. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2009;49:262-8 pubmed..Early broad-spectrum high-dose ampicillin and third-generation cephalosporin, covering Gram-positive, Gram-negative, and anaerobic organisms, should be the first choice of management for patients with ISCA. ..
- Kubota N, Takahashi H, Hayashi T, Sakaue T, Maruo T. Outcome of surgery in 124 cases of Duane's Retraction Syndrome (DRS) treated by intraoperatively graduated recession of the medial rectus for esotropic DRS, and of the lateral rectus for exotropic DRS. Binocul Vis Strabismus Q. 2001;16:15-22 pubmed..Recession of the appropriate horizontal rectus muscle is a safe and effective primary procedure for both the primary deviation and abnormal head posture in all types of DRS. ..
- Miyazaki S, Fujikawa T, Matsumoto T, Tateda K, Yamaguchi K. Efficacy of azithromycin, clarithromycin and beta-lactam agents against experimentally induced bronchopneumonia caused by Haemophilus influenzae in mice. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2001;48:425-30 pubmed..Our results indicate that azithromycin may be useful for both ampicillin-susceptible and ampicillin-resistant bronchopneumonial infections caused by H. influenzae. ..
- Watanabe M, Chiba K, Matsumoto M, Maruiwa H, Fujimura Y, Toyama Y. Surgical management of idiopathic spinal cord herniation: a review of nine cases treated by the enlargement of the dural defect. J Neurosurg. 2001;95:169-72 pubmed..This procedure, which is technically easier and less invasive with regard to the vulnerable spinal cord than the closure of the dural defect, could be a viable alternative for the treatment of this rare disease. ..
- Maeda K, Yamaki S, Kado H, Asou T, Murakami A, Takamoto S. Reevaluation of histomorphometric analysis of lung tissue in decision making for better patient selection for fontan-type operations. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:1371-81; discussion 1371-81 pubmed
- Hoshi M, Matsumoto S, Manabe J, Tanizawa T, Shigemitsu T, Takeuchi K, et al. Three cases with periosteal osteosarcoma arising from the femur. J Orthop Sci. 2006;11:224-8 pubmed
- Hori K, Soejima K, Nozaki M, Sakurai H, Takeuchi M, Yamaki T, et al. Treatment of facial angiofibroma of tuberous sclerosis using cultured epithelial autografts. Ann Plast Surg. 2006;57:415-7 pubmed..In some patients, some pebbly regrowth had occurred at 5 years postoperatively, but the appearance was quite acceptable...
- Saito Y, Uraoka T, Matsuda T, Emura F, Ikehara H, Mashimo Y, et al. Endoscopic treatment of large superficial colorectal tumors: a case series of 200 endoscopic submucosal dissections (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2007;66:966-73 pubmed..No long-term outcome data yet. ESD is a feasible technique for treating large superficial colorectal tumors, because it provides a higher en bloc resection rate and is less invasive than surgical resection. ..
- Ushijima K, Yahata H, Yoshikawa H, Konishi I, Yasugi T, Saito T, et al. Multicenter phase II study of fertility-sparing treatment with medroxyprogesterone acetate for endometrial carcinoma and atypical hyperplasia in young women. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:2798-803 pubmed..The efficacy of fertility-sparing treatment with a high-dose of MPA for EC and AH was proven by this prospective trial. Even in responders, however, close follow-up is required because of the substantial rate of recurrence. ..
- Morita S, Katai H, Saka M, Fukagawa T, Sano T, Sasako M. Outcome of pylorus-preserving gastrectomy for early gastric cancer. Br J Surg. 2008;95:1131-5 pubmed publisher..Pylorus-preserving gastrectomy has been introduced as a function-preserving operation for early gastric cancer in Japan. The aim of this study was to investigate the safety and radicality of the procedure...
- Nakai Y, Isayama H, Kawabe T, Tsujino T, Yoshida H, Sasaki T, et al. Efficacy and safety of metallic stents in patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer receiving gemcitabine. Pancreas. 2008;37:405-10 pubmed publisher..Expandable metallic stents (EMSs) are widely used to palliate unresectable malignant biliary obstructions. The efficacy and safety of EMS in patients receiving gemcitabine (GEM) for unresectable pancreatic cancer is evaluated...
- Homma Y, Yamaguchi O. A randomized, double-blind, placebo- and propiverine-controlled trial of the novel antimuscarinic agent imidafenacin in Japanese patients with overactive bladder. Int J Urol. 2009;16:499-506 pubmed publisher..The novel antimuscarinic agent imidafenacin at a dose of 0.1 mg twice daily was not inferior to propiverine for the reduction of incontinence episodes, and well tolerated for the treatment of OAB symptoms. ..
- Hayashi K, Ohno Matsui K, Teramukai S, Shimada N, Moriyama M, Hayashi W, et al. Comparison of visual outcome and regression pattern of myopic choroidal neovascularization after intravitreal bevacizumab or after photodynamic therapy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;148:396-408 pubmed publisher..IVB is more effective for myopic CNV than PDT. The differences in the regression pattern of CNVs and the rate of chorioretinal atrophy probably explain the better BCVA in the IVB-treated eyes. ..
- Nanri K, Okita M, Takeguchi M, Taguchi T, Ishiko T, Saito H, et al. Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy for autoantibody-positive cerebellar ataxia. Intern Med. 2009;48:783-90 pubmed..If cerebellar ataxia with an autoimmune mechanism is suspected and radiological findings do not reveal MSA, it is worth considering immunotherapy including IVIg. ..
- Unosawa S, Hata M, Sezai A, Niino T, Yoshitake I, Minami K. Pulmonary embolism with myomatous erythrocytosis syndrome and extreme obesity. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:313-4 pubmed publisher..She was also diagnosed as having myomatous erythrocytosis syndrome, a rare disease associated with secondary polycythemia. The polycythemia improved after a hysterectomy which was performed after pulmonary embolectomy. ..
- Oyama M, Nagashima T, Suzuki T, Kozuka Hata H, Yumoto N, Shiraishi Y, et al. Integrated quantitative analysis of the phosphoproteome and transcriptome in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:818-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, the combined phosphoproteome and transcriptome data set analyses revealed distinct signal transcription programs in tumor cells and provided a novel molecular target to understand tamoxifen resistance. ..
- Ishijima S, Hayama K, Burton J, Reid G, Okada M, Matsushita Y, et al. Effect of Streptococcus salivarius K12 on the in vitro growth of Candida albicans and its protective effect in an oral candidiasis model. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:2190-9 pubmed publisher..S. salivarius K12 may be useful as a probiotic as a protective tool for oral care, especially with regard to candidiasis. ..
- Hosaka T, Suzuki F, Kobayashi M, Seko Y, Kawamura Y, Sezaki H, et al. Clearance of hepatitis B surface antigen during long-term nucleot(s)ide analog treatment in chronic hepatitis B: results from a nine-year longitudinal study. J Gastroenterol. 2013;48:930-41 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that both direct antiviral potential and host immune response are needed to achieve HBsAg clearance by NA therapy. Viral genotype strongly influenced HBsAg clearance during NA therapy. ..
- Yamamoto T, Katayama Y, Ushiba J, Yoshino H, Obuchi T, Kobayashi K, et al. On-demand control system for deep brain stimulation for treatment of intention tremor. Neuromodulation. 2013;16:230-5; discussion 235 pubmed publisher..We have developed an on-demand control system that triggers the switching on/off of deep brain stimulation (DBS) instantly for the control of intention tremor...
- Hoshikawa Y, Ohkoshi K. [Association between pioglitazone and diabetic macular edema]. Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi. 2013;117:357-63 pubmed..However, for patients with DME, caution is needed, as there were some cases in which DME increased after taking pioglitazone. The ophthalmologist should monitor macular edema in cooperation with a physician after giving pioglitazone. ..
- Kondo S, Ueno H, Hosoi H, Hashimoto J, Morizane C, Koizumi F, et al. Clinical impact of pentraxin family expression on prognosis of pancreatic carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:739-46 pubmed publisher..Pentraxin family members, especially PTX3, may be used as promising biomarkers in the prognosis of pancreatic carcinoma patients. ..
- Suzuki N, Hazama S, Ueno T, Matsui H, Shindo Y, Iida M, et al. A phase I clinical trial of vaccination with KIF20A-derived peptide in combination with gemcitabine for patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. J Immunother. 2014;37:36-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that this combination therapy will be feasible and promising for the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer. ..
- Tse H, Turner S, Sanders P, Okuyama Y, Fujiu K, Cheung C, et al. Thoracic Spinal Cord Stimulation for Heart Failure as a Restorative Treatment (SCS HEART study): first-in-man experience. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:588-595 pubmed publisher..The results of this first-in-human trial suggest that high thoracic SCS is safe and feasible and potentially can improve symptoms, functional status, and LV function and remodeling in patients with severe, symptomatic systolic HF. ..
- Kuribayashi Y, Tsushima F, Morita K, Matsumoto K, Sakurai J, Uesugi A, et al. Long-term outcome of non-surgical treatment in patients with oral leukoplakia. Oral Oncol. 2015;51:1020-1025 pubmed publisher..The development of appropriate treatments for oral leukoplakia is required, which will enable successful differentiation between surgical and observation cases. ..
- Niikura N, Tomotaki A, Miyata H, Iwamoto T, Kawai M, Anan K, et al. Changes in tumor expression of HER2 and hormone receptors status after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in 21,755 patients from the Japanese breast cancer registry. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:480-7 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support the need for retest ER, PgR, HER2 of surgical sample after neoadjuvant therapy in order to accurately determine appropriate use of targeted therapy. ..
- Hayashi A, Yoshizawa H, Natori Y, Senda D, Tanaka R, Mizuno H. Levator lengthening technique using cartilage or fascia graft for paralytic lagophthalmos in facial paralysis. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016;69:679-86 pubmed publisher..However, the level of the upper eyelid can be easily adjusted by changing the fixation position of the cartilage. Additional experience is required to obtain more consistent outcomes. ..
- Ikenaga C, Kubota A, Kadoya M, Taira K, Uchio N, Hida A, et al. Clinicopathologic features of myositis patients with CD8-MHC-1 complex pathology. Neurology. 2017;89:1060-1068 pubmed publisher..CD8-MHC-1 complex is present in patients with PM, IBM, or unclassifiable group. The data may serve as an argument for a trial of immunosuppressive treatment in p62-immunonegative patients with unclassifiable myositis. ..
- Maruko I, Koizumi H, Hasegawa T, Arakawa H, Iida T. Subthreshold 577 nm micropulse laser treatment for central serous chorioretinopathy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184112 pubmed publisher..RPE damage determined by fundus autofluorescence was found in all eyes treated with CL and only one eye treated with SML (P<.01). SML achieved equivalent therapeutic effects as CL but without RPE damage in eyes with CSC. ..
- Abe S, Kubota T, Matsuzaki S, Otani Y, Watanabe M, Teramoto T, et al. Chemosensitivity test is useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III non-scirrhous and scirrhous gastric cancers. Anticancer Res. 1999;19:4581-6 pubmed..These results suggested that MTT assay would be useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III scirrhous and non-scirrhous gastric cancer...
- Ishikura K, Hataya H, Ikeda M, Honda M. Suitable dialytic indicators for pediatric peritoneal dialysis patients: the alternative to creatinine clearance. Perit Dial Int. 2003;23:270-5 pubmed..However, CCr appeared to be inappropriate as an indicator for patients under 6 years old. Kt/V creat is suggested to be a better dialytic indicator for these patients. ..
- Sato S, Kajiyama Y, Sugano M, Iwanuma Y, Tsurumaru M. Flavopiridol as a radio-sensitizer for esophageal cancer cell lines. Dis Esophagus. 2004;17:338-44 pubmed..Administration of a low dose of flavopiridol could be a potent new therapeutic approach for improving the efficacy of radiotherapy against esophageal cancer...
- Nakayama T, Masubuchi Y, Kawauchi K, Masaki R, Hironaga T, Ishima H, et al. Beneficial effect of beraprost sodium plus telmisartan in the prevention of arterial stiffness development in elderly patients with hypertension and cerebral infarction. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2007;76:309-14 pubmed..When BPS is combined with TS, an overall additive effect is seen in the improvement of PWV in Japanese patients with hypertension and cerebral infarction. This combination therapy is more beneficial than the corresponding monotherapies. ..
- Tanabe K. Japanese experience of ABO-incompatible living kidney transplantation. Transplantation. 2007;84:S4-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, rituximab as an alternative to splenectomy is definitely an effective regimen for successful ABO-ILKT. ..
- Watanabe Y, Akizuki T. Prevention and treatment of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis after intracraniofacial surgery with distraction osteogenesis. J Craniofac Surg. 2008;19:1542-8 pubmed publisher..Our experience suggests that these measures will facilitate a successful outcome in frontofacial distraction osteogenesis...
- Mishima Y, Sugimura N, Matsumoto Mishima Y, Terui Y, Takeuchi K, Asai S, et al. An imaging-based rapid evaluation method for complement-dependent cytotoxicity discriminated clinical response to rituximab-containing chemotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3624-32 pubmed publisher..The association between CDC susceptibility and therapy response suggests that CDC is pivotal in the ability of chemotherapy including rituximab to induce remission. ..
- Sakurai C, Ohashi K, Sakaguchi K, Hishima T, Kamata N, Akiyama H, et al. Mikulicz's disease with severe thrombocytopenia following autologous stem cell transplantation in a multiple myeloma patient. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:532-536 pubmed publisher..No apparent signs of MM recurrence were documented during these clinical events. ..
- Yamane J, Nakamura M, Iwanami A, Sakaguchi M, Katoh H, Yamada M, et al. Transplantation of galectin-1-expressing human neural stem cells into the injured spinal cord of adult common marmosets. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1394-405 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Gal-NS/PCs have better therapeutic potential than NS/PCs for SCI in nonhuman primates and that human Gal-NS/PC transplantation might be a feasible treatment for human SCI. ..
- Kimura H, Sato O, Deguchi J, Miyata T. Surgical treatment and long-term outcome of renovascular hypertension in children and adolescents. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010;39:731-7 pubmed publisher..This article describes the long-term outcome of surgical treatment in children with renovascular hypertension (RVH) over a 40-year period...
- Inoue Y, Kuroda K, Hirata K, Uchimura N, Kagimura T, Shimizu T. Long-term open-label study of pramipexole in patients with primary restless legs syndrome. J Neurol Sci. 2010;294:62-6 pubmed publisher..RLS augmentation was not observed. Pramipexole 0.25-0.75 mg/day is efficacious, safe, and well tolerated in patients with RLS. Pramipexole showed good efficacy, particularly in patients with an IRLS total score <20. ..
- Katagiri D, Hagiwara S, Minami E, Katsuma A, Masumoto S, Hoshino T, et al. Factors associated with recovery of renal function in patients with multiple myeloma who were treated with hemodialysis. Nephron Clin Pract. 2011;117:c28-32 pubmed publisher..s??M and Ca were the laboratory parameters that were significant, independent prognostic factors for predicting the probability of recovery from severe renal failure and discontinuation of HD in MM patients who needed HD at least once. ..
- Itoi T, Ishii K, Sofuni A, Itokawa F, Tsuchiya T, Kurihara T, et al. Long- and short-type double-balloon enteroscopy-assisted therapeutic ERCP for intact papilla in patients with a Roux-en-Y anastomosis. Surg Endosc. 2011;25:713-21 pubmed publisher..DBE-assisted ERCP seems to be a promising option to perform therapeutic ERCP for intact papilla in patients with a Roux-en-Y anastomosis. ..
- Kawaguchi T, Sugita S, Yamada Y, Miyanaga M, Mochizuki M. Regression of optic disc neovascularization in patients with Behçet's uveoretinitis after infliximab therapy. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2010;26:627-30 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that infliximab administration might be an effective treatment in NVD patients with Behçet's uveoretinitis. ..
- Yoshimura N, Tadami T, Kawaguchi T, Sako M, Yoshimoto H, Yamaka T, et al. Processed blood volume impacts clinical efficacy in patients with ulcerative colitis undergoing adsorptive depletion of myeloid lineage leucocytes. J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:49-55 pubmed publisher..Further, in this study, up to twofold higher processed volume caused no safety concern. ..
- Kasuya K, Tsuchida A, Nagakawa Y, Suzuki Y, Suzuki M, Aoki T, et al. Prediction of a side effect and efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine for post operative patient of pancreatic cancer by a genetic polymorphism analysis. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:1609-13 pubmed publisher..Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of the genes for ATP-binding cassette transporters is related to the side effects of anticancer drugs and that of drug metabolism-related enzyme genes is involved in the activation of gemcitabine (GEM)...
- Tomita M, Kanamori T, Waring G, Yukawa S, Yamamoto T, Sekiya K, et al. Simultaneous corneal inlay implantation and laser in situ keratomileusis for presbyopia in patients with hyperopia, myopia, or emmetropia: six-month results. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012;38:495-506 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of simultaneous Kamra corneal inlay implantation and laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for the treatment of presbyopia in emmetropic, hyperopic, or myopic patients...
- Kimura M, Araoka H, Yoneyama A. Aeromonas caviae is the most frequent pathogen amongst cases of Aeromonas bacteremia in Japan. Scand J Infect Dis. 2013;45:304-9 pubmed publisher..To date, most studies on Aeromonas species have been reported from countries other than Japan. The aim of this study, therefore, was to evaluate Aeromonas bacteremia in Japan...
- Ikeda N, Saji H, Hagiwara M, Ohira T, Usuda J, Kajiwara N. Recent advances in video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery for lung cancer. Asian J Endosc Surg. 2013;6:9-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the indications for VATS are expanding to encompass complex procedures such as segmentectomy or sleeve resection. Training and dissemination of the technique and the monitoring of outcomes are necessary. ..
- Moriguchi S, Bies R, Remington G, Suzuki T, Mamo D, Watanabe K, et al. Estimated dopamine D? receptor occupancy and remission in schizophrenia: analysis of the CATIE data. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2013;33:682-5 pubmed publisher..These results extend our previous findings and suggest that sustained D? receptor occupancy greater than 65% may not always be necessary for the maintenance treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Nishimoto T, Seta N, Anan R, Yamamoto T, Kaneko Y, Takeuchi T, et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism of TRAF1 predicts the clinical response to anti-TNF treatment in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2014;32:211-7 pubmed
- Miura K, Takahashi H, Nakagawa M, Izu A, Sugitani M, Kurita D, et al. Clinical significance of co-expression of MYC and BCL2 protein in aggressive B-cell lymphomas treated with a second line immunochemotherapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:1335-41 pubmed publisher..001) and overall survival (35% vs 71%, pâ€‰=â€‰0.037). This analysis suggests that DEL is common among patients with relapsed/refractory aggressive B-cell lymphomas and that such patients require novel treatment strategies. ..
- Hirai K, Takeuchi S, Usuda J. Single-incision thoracoscopic surgery and conventional video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery: a retrospective comparative study of perioperative clinical outcomesâ€ . Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49 Suppl 1:i37-41 pubmed publisher..Although conclusive evidence has not yet been obtained, SITS is more minimally invasive in regard to postoperative wound pain compared with c-VATS. This procedure should be considered as a treatment option for early-stage lung cancer. ..
- Nejo T, Kohno M, Nagata O, Sora S, Sato H. Dorsal displacement of the facial nerve in acoustic neuroma surgery: clinical features and surgical outcomes of 21 consecutive dorsal pattern cases. Neurosurg Rev. 2016;39:277-88; discussion 288 pubmed publisher..However, a dorsal pattern, especially when the FN is broadened, is clearly associated with less complete tumor removal and a higher rate of retreatment than typical pattern cases. ..
- Okahara K, Nagata N, Shimada T, Joya A, Hayashida T, Gatanaga H, et al. Colonic cytomegalovirus detection by mucosal PCR and antiviral therapy in ulcerative colitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183951 pubmed publisher..UC treatment without anti-CMV therapy may be warranted, particularly in patients with low-load CMV-DNA. Anti-CMV therapy alone does not always achieve clinical response in UC even in cases with high-load PCR. ..
- Funatsu H, Yamashita H, Shimizu E, Mimura T, Nakamura S, Hori S. Quantitative measurement of retinal thickness in patients with diabetic macular edema is useful for evaluation of therapeutic agents. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2004;66:219-27 pubmed..0040). Lisinopril therapy may reduce macular thickness in patients with DME, as shown by this quantitative study. In addition, quantitative measurement of retinal thickness is useful when evaluating therapeutic agents for DME. ..
- Futagawa Y, Kanehira M, Furukawa K, Kitamura H, Yoshida S, Usuba T, et al. Study on the Validity of Pancreaticoduodenectomy in the Elderly. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5309-5316 pubmed..Independent prognostic factors of group C in the multivariate analysis were pancreatic cancer and reoperation. For elderly patients aged 75 years or over, caution should be exercised in selecting PD for patients with pancreatic cancer. ..