Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications658 found, 100 shown here
- Torii H, Nakagawa H. Long-term study of infliximab in Japanese patients with plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, pustular psoriasis and psoriatic erythroderma. J Dermatol. 2011;38:321-34 pubmed
- Nakata Y, Uzawa N, Takahashi K, Sumino J, Michikawa C, Sato H, et al. EGFR gene copy number alteration is a better prognostic indicator than protein overexpression in oral tongue squamous cell carcinomas. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:2364-72 pubmed publisher..001). EGFR copy number status is a more reliable indicator than protein overexpression of the survival rate in OTSCCs. FISH analysis of the EGFR status is useful in predicting poor prognosis in OTSCCs. ..
- Toya T, Nannya Y, Narukawa K, Ichikawa M, Kurokawa M. A comparative analysis of meropenem and doripenem in febrile patients with hematologic malignancies: a single-center retrospective study. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2012;65:228-32 pubmed..In conclusion, MEPM and DRPM showed similar efficacies in febrile patients with acute leukemia and MDS. ..
- Higuchi T, Shimizu H, Fukuda T, Kawagoe S, Matsumoto J, Shimada Y, et al. Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) procedure for mucopolysaccharidosis type II (MPS II) by intraventricular administration (IVA) in murine MPS II. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;107:122-8 pubmed publisher..Loss of vacuoles was also observed in other tissues (liver, kidney and testis). These results demonstrate the possible efficacy of an ERT procedure with intraventricular administration of IDS for the treatment of MPS II...
- Kawai N, Ikematsu H, Kawashima T, Maeda T, Ukai H, Hirotsu N, et al. Increased symptom severity but unchanged neuraminidase inhibitor effectiveness for A(H1N1)pdm09 in the 2010-2011 season: comparison with the previous season and with seasonal A(H3N2) and B. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2013;7:448-55 pubmed publisher..Although the clinical symptoms of A(H1N1)pdm09 were slightly more severe in the 2010-2011 season, the effectiveness of the NAIs remained high in comparison with 2009-2010 and with other types of seasonal influenza. ..
- Tamura N, Tsuda H, Yoshida M, Hojo T, Akashi Tanaka S, Kinoshita T, et al. Clinicopathological predictive factors for ipsilateral and contralateral events following initial surgery to treat ductal carcinoma in situ. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:510-8 pubmed publisher..The local recurrence rate was low following partial resection of DCIS. Younger age was a risk factor for IBTR, whereas the HR+/HER2- tumor subtype and a FH of breast cancer were risk factors for CBTR. ..
- Williams K, Cheng G, Pusic I, Jagasia M, Burns L, Ho V, et al. Fluticasone, Azithromycin, and Montelukast Treatment forÂ New-Onset Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome after Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:710-716 pubmed publisher..However, additional treatments are needed for progressive BOS despite FAM. ..
- Kumabe A, Zenda S, Motegi A, Onozawa M, Nakamura N, Kojima T, et al. Long-term Clinical Results of Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Patients with Cervical Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5039-5044 pubmed..As for late toxicities, 4 patients (11%) developed Grade 2 or 3 esophageal strictures. The results of this study demonstrated that CCRT yielded satisfactory clinical outcomes with acceptable toxicities. ..
- Abe M, Hamano T, Wada A, Nakai S, Masakane I. Effect of dialyzer membrane materials on survival in chronic hemodialysis patients: Results from the annual survey of the Japanese Nationwide Dialysis Registry. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184424 pubmed publisher..However, further long-term prospective studies are needed to clarify these findings, including whether the use of the PMMA membrane can improve prognosis. ..
- Dohi T, Miyauchi K, Kasai T, Kajimoto K, Kubota N, Tamura H, et al. Impact of metabolic syndrome on 10-year clinical outcomes among patients with acute coronary syndrome. Circ J. 2009;73:1454-8 pubmed..40 (95%CI 1.16-4.94, P=0.018) in patients with ACS. MetS is a powerful determinant of long-term all-cause and cardiovascular death after ACS. Furthermore, MetS and ACS might jointly exacerbate poor long-term outcomes. ..
- Goto T, Yokokura S, Kawano H, Yamamoto A, Matsuda K, Nakamura K. Simple curettage without bone grafting for enchondromata of the hand: with special reference to replacement of the cortical window. J Hand Surg Br. 2002;27:446-51 pubmed..5-4) months in group A and 8 (range, 6-12) months in group B. This restoration is important for the recovery of mechanical strength and we therefore consider that the cortical window should be replaced, unless this is impractical. ..
- Ito D, Matsunaga S, Jeffery N, Sasaki N, Nishimura R, Mochizuki M, et al. Prognostic value of magnetic resonance imaging in dogs with paraplegia caused by thoracolumbar intervertebral disk extrusion: 77 cases (2000-2003). J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2005;227:1454-60 pubmed..To determine whether magnetic resonance imaging findings in dogs with paraplegia caused by thoracolumbar intervertebral disk extrusion were predictive of clinical outcome...
- Koide R, Shimizu T, Koike K, Dalmau J. EFA6A-like antibodies in paraneoplastic encephalitis associated with immature ovarian teratoma: a case report. J Neurooncol. 2007;81:71-4 pubmed..Antibodies that colocalize with EFA6A are a valuable marker for early diagnosis of a potentially reversible paraneoplastic encephalitis associated with OT...
- Kanai T, Uraushihara K, Totsuka T, Nemoto Y, Fujii R, Kawamura T, et al. Ameliorating effect of saporin-conjugated anti-CD11b monoclonal antibody in a murine T-cell-mediated chronic colitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:1136-42 pubmed..The present study was performed to explore the initial involvement of macrophages in the development of T-cell-mediated chronic colitis...
- Kasahara M, Horikawa R, Tagawa M, Uemoto S, Yokoyama S, Shibata Y, et al. Current role of liver transplantation for methylmalonic acidemia: a review of the literature. Pediatr Transplant. 2006;10:943-7 pubmed..7%) had postoperative neurological disability. Continuing metabolic damage to the kidney and brain may occur even after successful LT. Further evaluation is required to determine the long-term suitability of this treatment modality. ..
- Oohira A, Furuya T. Ocular neuromyotonia with spastic lid closure. J Neuroophthalmol. 2006;26:244-7 pubmed..Ephaptic transmission in a damaged third cranial nerve may be responsible for the neuromyotonia and synkinesis. Synkinesis is a more enduring manifestation. ..
- Abe T, Tokuda Y, Ishimatsu S. Predictors for good cerebral performance among adult survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2009;80:431-6 pubmed publisher..9 (95% CI, 1.4-25.0). Survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with recovery to good cerebral performance were more likely to have cardiac cause of arrest and show positive pupillary reflex and spontaneous respiration at ED arrival. ..
- Kawai N, Ikematsu H, Iwaki N, Kondou K, Hirotsu N, Kawashima T, et al. Clinical effectiveness of oseltamivir for influenza A(H1N1) virus with H274Y neuraminidase mutation. J Infect. 2009;59:207-12 pubmed publisher..Oseltamivir seems to be not recommended for children and patients with high-risk underlying diseases infected with H274Y mutated A(H1N1) virus. ..
- Tanaka M, Tabata M, Shimokawa T, Takanashi S. The rupture of descending thoracic aorta due to the necrosis of aortic intimal sarcoma. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010;10:462-3 pubmed publisher..The patient developed a local recurrence and abdominal dissemination of the tumor three months after surgery. We report the case and discuss about the diagnosis and treatment of thoracic aortic intimal sarcoma...
- Tokunaga M, Ohyama S, Hiki N, Fukunaga T, Aikou S, Yamaguchi T. Can superextended lymph node dissection be justified for gastric cancer with pathologically positive para-aortic lymph nodes?. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:2031-6 pubmed publisher..However, R0 resection including PALN retrieval might be beneficial in patients with pathologically positive PALN, providing patients are carefully selected and operations are performed safely. ..
- Hayakawa K, Oikawa A, Takeda N, Sasaki K, Hatakeyama S. Infected subdural haematoma due to Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in an adult. J Med Microbiol. 2010;59:976-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, there has been no detailed case report in English of infected subdural haematoma or subdural empyema due to Salmonella Typhimurium in adults. ..
- Kaneko T, Hirama A, Ueda K, Fujino T, Utsumi K, Iino Y, et al. Methylprednisolone pulse therapy combined with mizoribine following tonsillectomy for immunoglobulin A nephropathy: clinical remission rate, steroid sparing effect, and maintenance of renal function. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2011;15:73-8 pubmed publisher..Three patients (7.1%) had mild and transient adverse events. This protocol appears to be highly effective and safe for IgAN patients with renal dysfunction. ..
- Tsurugai Y, Kozuka T, Ishizuka N, Oguchi M. Relationship between the consolidation to maximum tumor diameter ratio and outcomes following stereotactic body radiotherapy for stage I non-small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2016;92:47-52 pubmed publisher..1% in the CTR 0.5-<1 group, and 63.3% and 70.1% in the CTR=1 group, respectively. In multivariate analysis, CTR was the only significant predictor of DFS (P<0.001). The CTR effectively predicts DFS after SBRT in NSCLC patients. ..
- Oichi T, Oshima Y, Taniguchi Y, Matsubayashi Y, Chikuda H, Takeshita K, et al. Cervical Anterolisthesis: A Predictor of Poor Neurological Outcomes in Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy Patients After Cervical Laminoplasty. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016;41:E467-73 pubmed publisher..Anterolisthesis, but not retrolisthesis, is a significant risk factor for and predictor of poor neurological outcomes after cervical laminoplasty. Cervical laminoplasty should not be considered in CSM patients with anterolisthesis. 2. ..
- Toyonaga T, Kobayashi T, Nakano M, Saito E, Umeda S, Okabayashi S, et al. Usefulness of fecal calprotectin for the early prediction of short-term outcomes of remission-induction treatments in ulcerative colitis in comparison with two-item patient-reported outcome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185131 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate the significance of FC for predicting the short-term outcomes of remission induction treatment in patients with UC...
- Matsui A, Tatibana A, Suzuki N, Hirata M, Oishi Y, Hamaguchi Y, et al. Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of Upfront Weekly Nanoparticle Albumin-bound Paclitaxel for HER2-negative Breast Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6481-6488 pubmed..This study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of upfront weekly nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel (Nab-PTX; 100 mg/m2) for human epidermal growth factor 2 (HER2)-negative breast cancer...
- Komagata M, Inahata Y, Nishiyama M, Endo K, Tanaka H, Kobayashi H. Treatment of myelopathy due to cervicothoracic OPLL via open door laminoplasty. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2007;20:342-6 pubmed..Postoperative long-term follow-up study of open door laminoplasty for the ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL) in the thoracic spine...
- Yoshino T, Kawano D, Azuhata T, Kuwana T, Kogawa R, Sakurai A, et al. A patient with Graves' disease who survived despite developing thyroid storm and lactic acidosis. Ups J Med Sci. 2010;115:282-6 pubmed publisher..Prompt treatment is essential even if the serum thyroid hormone levels are not markedly elevated. We present a report about this patient, as her life could eventually be saved. ..
- Kakimi K, Isobe M, Uenaka A, Wada H, Sato E, Doki Y, et al. A phase I study of vaccination with NY-ESO-1f peptide mixed with Picibanil OK-432 and Montanide ISA-51 in patients with cancers expressing the NY-ESO-1 antigen. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2836-46 pubmed publisher..Of ten patients, two with lung cancer and one with esophageal cancer showed stable disease. Our study shows that the NY-ESO-1f peptide vaccine was well tolerated and elicited humoral, CD4 and CD8 T cell responses in immunized patients. ..
- Hosomi Y, Shibuya M, Niho S, Ichinose Y, Kiura K, Sakai H, et al. Phase II study of topotecan with cisplatin in Japanese patients with small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:3449-56 pubmed..The median survival time was 17.5 months and the 1 year survival rate was 79%. Combination of Tp and CDDP on day 5 with G-CSF support is safe and effective for previously untreated ED-SCLC Japanese patients. ..
- Konuma T, Kato S, Ooi J, Ebihara Y, Mochizuki S, Ishii H, et al. Second allogeneic transplantation using unrelated cord blood for relapsed hematological malignancies after allogeneic transplantation. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:103-9 pubmed publisher..7% and 27.2%, respectively. The use of CB could offer the opportunity to receive SCT2 for patients who experienced disease relapse after SCT1 without HLA-identical related or unrelated donors. ..
- Yoshida K, Kishimoto M, Radner H, Matsui K, Okada M, Saeki Y, et al. Low rates of biologic-free clinical disease activity index remission maintenance after biologic disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug discontinuation while in remission in a Japanese multicentre rheumatoid arthritis registry. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016;55:286-90 pubmed publisher..Considering the cost of bDMARDs, such strategies for maintaining disease control after bDMARD discontinuation may be an important option. ..
- Soga Y, Takahara M, Iida O, Nakano M, Yamauchi Y, Zen K, et al. Propensity Score Analysis Comparing Clinical Outcomes of Drug-Eluting vs Bare Nitinol Stents in Femoropopliteal Lesions. J Endovasc Ther. 2016;23:33-9 pubmed publisher..No significant difference was observed in the risk of major amputation, reintervention, or MALE in any subgroup. These results suggest that a first-generation DES was not superior to a conventional BNS for femoropopliteal lesions. ..
- Yamamoto T, Katayama Y, Fukaya C, Oshima H, Kasai M, Kobayashi K. New method of deep brain stimulation therapy with two electrodes implanted in parallel and side by side. J Neurosurg. 2001;95:1075-8 pubmed..With the aid of this method, one can use two electrodes, implanted in parallel and side by side, to achieve maximum efficacy and to reduce adverse effects in some instances of DBS therapy. ..
- Okazaki T, Iwatani S, Yanai T, Kobayashi H, Kato Y, Marusasa T, et al. Treatment of lymphangioma in children: our experience of 128 cases. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:386-9 pubmed..The aim of this study is to investigate the optimal treatment for lymphangioma in children by analyzing the effectiveness and complications of treatment modalities...
- Tanimura S, Saito Y, Honma K, Koizumi K. Surgical case of giant malignant mesenchymoma in the posterior mediastinum that recurred in the bilateral mediastinum. J Nippon Med Sch. 2008;75:212-5 pubmed..The patient had local recurrence in both sides of the mediastinum 3 years and 6 months after surgery, and the recurrent tumors were completely resected again...
- Hayashida M, Nagashima M, Satoh Y, Katoh R, Tagami M, Ide S, et al. Analgesic requirements after major abdominal surgery are associated with OPRM1 gene polymorphism genotype and haplotype. Pharmacogenomics. 2008;9:1605-16 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OPRM1 gene tag SNP genotypes and haplotypes can primarily contribute to prediction of postoperative analgesic requirements in individual patients undergoing major open abdominal surgery. ..
- Nakamura S, Kawamata T, Kobayashi T, Hori T. Clival inflammation with cavernous sinus thrombophlebitis and orbital subperiosteal abscess--case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:168-71 pubmed..These unusual lesions should be kept in mind as one of the differential diagnoses. ..
- Tsujino T, Yamada A, Isayama H, Kogure H, Sasahira N, Hirano K, et al. Experiences of biliary interventions using short double-balloon enteroscopy in patients with Roux-en-Y anastomosis or hepaticojejunostomy. Dig Endosc. 2010;22:211-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of short DBE for managing biliary disorders in patients with a Roux-en-Y gastrectomy or hepaticojejunostomy (HJ)...
- Naganuma M, Shiga T, Sato K, Murasaki K, Hashiguchi M, Mochizuki M, et al. Clinical outcome in Japanese elderly patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation taking warfarin: a single-center observational study. Thromb Res. 2012;130:21-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that a target PT-INR of 2.0 and a range of 1.5-2.5 may be safe for elderly Japanese patients with non-valvular AF. ..
- Kataoka M, Inami T, Hayashida K, Shimura N, Ishiguro H, Abe T, et al. Percutaneous transluminal pulmonary angioplasty for the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2012;5:756-62 pubmed publisher..PTPA may be a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. URL: http://www.umin.ac.jp. Unique identifier: UMIN000001572. ..
- Hasegawa T, Suga Y, Mizoguchi M, Muramatsu S, Mizuno Y, Ogawa H, et al. An allogeneic cultured dermal substitute suitable for treating intractable skin ulcers and large skin defects prior to autologous skin grafting: three case reports. J Dermatol. 2005;32:715-20 pubmed
- Mori Y, Shiotani A, Saito K, Araki K, Ikeda K, Nakagawa M, et al. A novel drug therapy for recurrent laryngeal nerve injury using T-588. Laryngoscope. 2007;117:1313-8 pubmed..These results indicate that oral administration of T-588 might be a promising therapeutic option in treating peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Yoshioka T, Tachihara A, Koyama T, Iwakawa K, Sakane M, Nakamura H. Rapid destruction of the hip joint associated with enlarged iliopsoas bursa in a patient with refractory rheumatoid arthritis. J Nippon Med Sch. 2008;75:233-8 pubmed..Radiological examination showed that rheumatoid arthritis was most likely diagnosis. The patient was treated with total hip arthroplasty and etanercept, with good results...
- Wang Y, Takanashi M, Tsuji K, Tanaka N, Shiseki M, Mori N, et al. Level of DNA topoisomerase IIalpha mRNA predicts the treatment response of relapsed acute leukemic patients. Leuk Res. 2009;33:902-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the change of Topo IIalpha expression in leukemic blasts at relapse may predict therapeutic responsiveness. ..
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Hirakawa M, Kawamura Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, et al. Association of amino acid substitution pattern in core protein of hepatitis C virus genotype 2a high viral load and virological response to interferon-ribavirin combination therapy. Intervirology. 2009;52:301-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the aa substitution pattern of the core region in patients with a high titer of genotype 2a may partly affect the virological response to combination therapy. ..
- Nishiyama Y, Abe A, Ueda M, Katsura K, Katayama Y. Nicergoline increases serum substance P levels in patients with an ischaemic stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;29:194-8 pubmed publisher..Further trials of nicergoline treatment in patients at risk for aspiration pneumonia are warranted. ..
- Koga H, Kato Y, Shimotakahara A, Miyano G, Lane G, Okazaki T, et al. Intraoperative measurement of rectourethral fistula: prevention of incomplete excision in male patients with high-/intermediate-type imperforate anus. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:397-400 pubmed publisher..At mean follow-up of 11 months, urination is normal in all without evidence of residual fistula. Knowing the exact length of the RUF facilitates safe and complete excision in an otherwise blind situation. ..
- Oki Y, Hirose T, Yamaoka T, Kusumoto S, Shirai T, Sugiyama T, et al. Phase II study of S-1, a novel oral fluoropyrimidine, and biweekly administration of docetaxel for previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011;67:791-7 pubmed publisher..The combination of S-1 and biweekly docetaxel is an acceptable therapeutic option in patients with previously treated advanced NSCLC regardless of the histological type. ..
- Tomita H, Nakanishi T, Hamaoka K, Kobayashi T, Ono Y. Stenting in congenital heart disease: medium- and long-term outcomes from the JPIC stent survey. Circ J. 2010;74:1676-83 pubmed..Percutaneous stenting using Palmaz or Palmaz Genesis stents and redilation are now common procedures in Japan with little morbidity during the medium- and long-term follow-up period. ..
- Song P, Tang W, Tamura S, Hasegawa K, Sugawara Y, Dong J, et al. The management of hepatocellular carcinoma in Asia: a guideline combining quantitative and qualitative evaluation. Biosci Trends. 2010;4:283-7 pubmed..The guidelines should also be updated by incorporating new evidence. ..
- Hotta N, Kawamori R, Fukuda M, Shigeta Y. Long-term clinical effects of epalrestat, an aldose reductase inhibitor, on progression of diabetic neuropathy and other microvascular complications: multivariate epidemiological analysis based on patient background factors and severity of diabetic n. Diabet Med. 2012;29:1529-33 pubmed publisher..The effect on diabetic retinopathy/nephropathy may have occurred indirectly because of the prevention of progression of diabetic neuropathy, in addition to the inhibitory action of epalrestat on aldose reductase. ..
- Niimi K, Goto O, Fujishiro M, Kodashima S, Ono S, Mochizuki S, et al. Endoscopic mucosal resection with a ligation device or endoscopic submucosal dissection for rectal carcinoid tumors: an analysis of 24 consecutive cases. Dig Endosc. 2012;24:443-7 pubmed publisher..8 ± 3.1 day) than in the ESD group (6.2 ± 2.1 day), and eight EMR-L cases were treated in an outpatient setting. EMR-L is a simple and effective procedure that compares favorably to ESD for small rectal carcinoid tumors. ..
- Fujii T, Kohno Y, Nishiyama T. [Anesthesia for open reduction of ankle fracture in a patient with giant pituitary adenoma]. Masui. 2013;62:1440-2 pubmed..The surgery was successfully done without any complications and the patient was discharged uneventfully 25 days after surgery. When patient has a giant pituitary tumor, peripheral nerve block might be a good choice for anesthesia. ..
- Inaba A, Hamasaki Y, Ishikura K, Hamada R, Sakai T, Hataya H, et al. Long-term outcome of idiopathic steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome in children. Pediatr Nephrol. 2016;31:425-34 pubmed publisher..9Â %). Our results suggest that a recently developed therapeutic regimen with cyclosporine considerably improves both the initial remission rate and the long-term renal survival rate of children with idiopathic SRNS. ..
- Terakura S, Atsuta Y, Tsukada N, Kobayashi T, Tanaka M, Kanda J, et al. Comparison of Outcomes of 8/8 and 7/8 Allele-Matched Unrelated Bone Marrow Transplantation and Single-Unit CordÂ Blood Transplantation in Adults with Acute Leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:330-338 pubmed publisher..For ALL, we found no significant difference in OS among the 3 groups. Cord blood may be the first choice alternative to 8/8 UBMT for both AML and ALL. ..
- Uchida S, Kinoh H, Ishii T, Matsui A, Tockary T, Takeda K, et al. Systemic delivery of messenger RNA for the treatment of pancreatic cancer using polyplex nanomicelles with a cholesterol moiety. Biomaterials. 2016;82:221-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the stabilized nanomicelle system led to the successful systemic delivery of mRNA in therapeutic application, holding great promise for the treatment of various diseases. ..
- Ichikawa H, Imai J, Mizukami H, Shirai T, Watanabe N. Treatment of a Case of Ulcerative Colitis with Sacroiliitis Using Granulocyte and Monocyte Adsorption Apheresis. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2017;42:64-66 pubmed..GMA apheresis may be considered a new treatment option for UC-associated spondyloarthropathy that is refractory or tolerant to conventional treatment. ..
- Takada Y, Morimoto T, Sugawara T, Ohno K. Trigeminal neuralgia associated with achondroplasia. Case report with literature review. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2001;143:1173-6 pubmed..This is the first reported case of trigeminal neuralgia in a patient with achondroplasia. The deformity of the skull base was considered to influence the development of the trigeminal neuralgia...
- Sawada T, Fuchinoue S, Teraoka S. Successful A1-to-O ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation after a preconditioning regimen consisting of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody infusions, splenectomy, and double-filtration plasmapheresis. Transplantation. 2002;74:1207-10 pubmed..A preconditioning regimen consisting of rituximab infusions and a splenectomy is a useful new strategy for performing ABO-incompatible kidney transplantations when the conventional preconditioning regimen does not work. ..
- Mukubo Y, Sato K, Kawamata M. [Effective radiofrequency lesioning for obturator nerve neuropathy]. Masui. 2003;52:990-2 pubmed..Treatment with radio-frequency lesion of 50 degrees C for 60 seconds of the right obturator nerve relieved her pain for 9 months without muscle weakness. This case shows usefulness of radiofrequency lesion for obturator nerve pain. ..
- Ando M, Takahashi Y, Kikuchi T. Short operation time: an important element to reduce operative invasiveness in pediatric cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;80:631-5 pubmed..In order to reduce operative invasiveness, simultaneous effort to reduce, or at least not to increase, the operation time are mandatory. ..
- Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Tago M, Nakamura N, Shiraishi K, Ohtomo K. Salvage radiotherapy for postoperative loco-regional recurrence of esophageal cancer. Dis Esophagus. 2005;18:215-20 pubmed..Additionally, there is symptomatic relief in a substantial proportion of such patients, and long-term survival is possible in some patients. ..
- Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Tago M, Igaki H, Nakamura N, Shiraishi K, et al. The experience of concurrent chemoradiation for Japanese patients with superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective study. Am J Clin Oncol. 2005;28:555-9 pubmed..Although this study was not randomized, the results showed that cCRT is a safe and effective method for treating patients with superficial esophageal cancer. ..
- Tsutsui H, Kubota M, Yamada M, Suzuki A, Usuda J, Shibuya H, et al. Airway stenting for the treatment of laryngotracheal stenosis secondary to thyroid cancer. Respirology. 2008;13:632-8 pubmed publisher..The study showed that for the most common lesions, the uncovered Ultraflex stent is associated with fewer critical complications than the silicone stents. ..
- Kishi K, Nakajima H, Imanishi N, Nakajima T. Extended split superior gluteus maximus musculocutaneous flap and reconstruction after resection of perianal and lower gluteal hidradenitis suppurativa. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009;62:1081-6 pubmed publisher..Thus it may be the first choice for reconstruction of the lower buttock. ..
- Shibuya H. Current status and perspectives of brachytherapy for head and neck cancer. Int J Clin Oncol. 2009;14:2-6 pubmed publisher..The major problems are neck node metastasis and a second primary cancer of the respiratory tract or upper digestive tract, and the minor problem is radiation-induced cancer...
- Shoji K, Ito N, Ito Y, Inoue N, Adachi S, Fujimaru T, et al. Is a 6-week course of ganciclovir therapy effective for chorioretinitis in infants with congenital cytomegalovirus infection?. J Pediatr. 2010;157:331-3 pubmed publisher..We report an infant with congenital CMV infection, who required a 6-month course of antiviral therapy to control his chorioretinitis. Long-term treatment may be necessary for managing congenital CMV-associated chorioretinitis...
- Matsumoto Y, Yuzawa M. Intravitreal bevacizumab therapy for idiopathic macular telangiectasia. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2010;54:320-4 pubmed publisher..Type 2 IMT improved anatomically with bevacizumab treatment despite a lack of improvement in vision. Bevacizumab effectively decreases vascular permeability and retinal edema in the short term. ..
- Wakabayashi G, Sasaki A, Nishizuka S, Furukawa T, Kitajima M. Our initial experience with robotic hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2011;18:481-7 pubmed publisher..We review robotic laparoscopic cholecystectomy and hepatectomy and discuss the potential and future outlook for robotic hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery. ..
- Noma N, Kamo H, Nakaya Y, Dezawa K, Young A, Khan J, et al. Stellate ganglion block as an early intervention in sympathetically maintained headache and orofacial pain caused by temporal arteritis. Pain Med. 2013;14:392-7 pubmed publisher..This case demonstrates that SGB may relieve pain related to temporal arteritis and sympathetically maintained headache and orofacial pain by reducing noxious stimulation peripherally and decreasing central pain transmission centrally. ..
- Iwasaki Y, Sasako M, Yamamoto S, Nakamura K, Sano T, Katai H, et al. Phase II study of preoperative chemotherapy with S-1 and cisplatin followed by gastrectomy for clinically resectable type 4 and large type 3 gastric cancers (JCOG0210). J Surg Oncol. 2013;107:741-5 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of this study, we are now conducting a phase III study (JCOG0501) to confirm the superiority of this treatment. ..
- Srisomboon C, Koizumi K, Haraguchi S, Mikami I, Iijima Y, Shimizu K. Thoracoscopic surgery for non-small-cell lung cancer: elderly vs. octogenarians. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2013;21:56-60 pubmed publisher..Thoracoscopic surgery for treatment of primary non-small-cell lung cancer can be performed with similar postoperative complication rates, operative mortality, and survival in octogenarians when compared to elderly patients. ..
- Sonpavde G, Pond G, Choueiri T, Mullane S, Niegisch G, Albers P, et al. Single-agent Taxane Versus Taxane-containing Combination Chemotherapy as Salvage Therapy for Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2016;69:634-641 pubmed publisher..This retrospective study suggests that a combination of chemotherapy agents may extend survival compared with single-agent chemotherapy in selected patients with metastatic urothelial cancer progressing after prior chemotherapy. ..
- Abe H, Midorikawa Y, Mitsuka Y, Aramaki O, Higaki T, Matsumoto N, et al. Predicting postoperative outcomes of liver resection by magnetic resonance elastography. Surgery. 2017;162:248-255 pubmed publisher..003). The liver stiffness measurement by magnetic resonance elastography could be used as a predictive marker for the risk of major complications due to blood loss during liver resection. ..
- Igarashi Y, Yokobori S, Yoshino Y, Masuno T, Miyauchi M, Yokota H. Prehospital removal improves neurological outcomes in elderly patient with foreign body airway obstruction. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1396-1399 pubmed publisher..When airway obstruction occurs, bystanders should remove foreign bodies immediately. ..
- Nash P, Kirkham B, Okada M, Rahman P, Combe B, Burmester G, et al. Ixekizumab for the treatment of patients with active psoriatic arthritis and an inadequate response to tumour necrosis factor inhibitors: results from the 24-week randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled period of the SPIRIT-P2 phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2017;389:2317-2327 pubmed publisher..Eli Lilly and Company. ..
- Ueno H, Kanemitsu Y, Sekine S, Ishiguro M, Ito E, Hashiguchi Y, et al. Desmoplastic Pattern at the Tumor Front Defines Poor-prognosis Subtypes of Colorectal Cancer. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1506-1512 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study reporting a greater prognostic power of histology of the fibrotic stroma than that of tumor factors. ..
- Ogihara T, Kuramoto K. Effect of long-term treatment with antihypertensive drugs on quality of life of elderly patients with hypertension: a double-blind comparative study between a calcium antagonist and a diuretic. NICS-EH Study Group. National Intervention Cooperative S. Hypertens Res. 2000;23:33-7 pubmed..In conclusion, the two anti-hypertensive agents had nearly equivalent effects on QOL in the long-term treatment of hypertension in the elderly and that neither resulted in a deterioration in QOL. ..
- Koketsu S, Watanabe T, Hori N, Umetani N, Takazawa Y, Nagawa H. Hemophagocytic syndrome caused by fulminant ulcerative colitis and cytomegalovirus infection: report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum. 2004;47:1250-3; discussion 1253-5 pubmed..The patient was diagnosed with virus-associated hemophagocytic syndrome and was successfully treated with antiviral therapy consisting of intravenous ganciclovir, gamma globulin, and granulocyte-colony stimulating factor. ..
- Miyano G, Yamataka A, Shimotakahara A, Kobayashi H, Lane G, Miyano T. Cholecystectomy alone is inadequate for treating forme fruste choledochal cyst: evidence from a rare but important case report. Pediatr Surg Int. 2005;21:61-3 pubmed..This case provides strong evidence that CBD excision with biliary reconstruction is mandatory for treating FFCC and, conversely, that cholecystectomy alone is inadequate for treating children with FFCC...
- Miyata H, Motomura N, Ueda Y, Matsuda H, Takamoto S. Effect of procedural volume on outcome of coronary artery bypass graft surgery in Japan: implication toward public reporting and minimal volume standards. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008;135:1306-12 pubmed publisher..Although minimal volume standards might be effective to improve quality to some extent, volume has limitations as a marker of quality because of its wide range of variance. ..
- Karasaki T, Nakajima J, Murakawa T, Fukami T, Yoshida Y, Kusakabe M, et al. Video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy preserves more latissimus dorsi muscle than conventional surgery. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;8:316-9; discussion 319-20 pubmed publisher..001). Those on the non-surgical side were 89+/-23% in the VATS group and 97+/-16% in the PLT group (P=0.23). We conclude that VATS may prevent atrophy of LDM on the surgical side better than conventional thoracotomy. ..