Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Fukuoka, Japan
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications157 found, 100 shown here
- Moroi M, Uchi S, Nakamura K, Sato S, Shimizu N, Fujii M, et al. Beneficial effect of a diet containing heat-killed Lactobacillus paracasei K71 on adult type atopic dermatitis. J Dermatol. 2011;38:131-9 pubmed publisher..No LAB diet- or placebo-related adverse events were observed. We concluded that the LAB diet may have some benefits as a complementary therapy for adult AD patients who are managed with the conventional treatment. ..
- Uehara H, Akahoshi T, Tomikawa M, Kinjo N, Hashimoto N, Nagao Y, et al. Prediction of improved liver function after balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration: relation to hepatic vein pressure gradient. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;27:137-41 pubmed publisher..An elevated HVPG after B-RTO is one aspect of the effect of liver function, and an HVPG increase of ? 20% from baseline is a predictive factor for obtaining an improvement of liver function. ..
- Shiraiwa S, Kinugasa T, Kawahara A, Mizobe T, Ohchi T, Yuge K, et al. Nuclear Y-Box-binding Protein-1 Expression Predicts Poor Clinical Outcome in Stage III Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3781-8 pubmed..001). A trend was also observed towards a positive correlation between nuclear YB-1 expression and EGFR status (p=0.051). Nuclear YB-1 expression is a useful prognostic biomarker that correlates with EGFR status in patients with CRC. ..
- Fujimoto Y, Nakashima Y, Sasaki S, Jogo T, Hirose K, Edahiro K, et al. Chemoradiotherapy for Solitary Skeletal Muscle Metastasis from Oesophageal Cancer: Case Report and Brief Literature Review. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5687-5691 pubmed..Radiotherapy or chemoradiotherapy can be an alternative locoregional therapy to surgery for solitary skeletal muscle metastasis. ..
- Kajitani T, Makiyama A, Arita S, Shimokawa H, Oda H, Shirakawa T, et al. Anti-Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Antibody Readministration in Chemorefractory Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6459-6468 pubmed..Readministration of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibody for metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) after disease progression remains to be determined...
- Terada R, Ito S, Akama F, Kidogawa H, Kashima K, Yamayoshi T, et al. Mallory-Weiss syndrome with severe bleeding: treatment by endoscopic ligation. Am J Emerg Med. 2000;18:812-5 pubmed..We conclude that endoscopic ligation is easy to perform and may provide an alternative treatment for severe bleeding from Mallory-Weiss tears. ..
- Asano Y, Maeda M, Uchida N, Yokoyama T, Osaki K, Shimoda K, et al. Immunosuppressive therapy for patients with refractory anemia. Ann Hematol. 2001;80:634-8 pubmed..Further trials using more patients with a long follow-up period would be worthwhile in order to clarify the possibility of disease progression and in order to predict the response of patients. ..
- Suenaga E, Noguchi Y, Jingushi S, Shuto T, Nakashima Y, Miyanishi K, et al. Relationship between the maximum flexion-internal rotation test and the torn acetabular labrum of a dysplastic hip. J Orthop Sci. 2002;7:26-32 pubmed..The maximum flexion-internal rotation test is useful for assessing the magnitude of a labral tear in the posterosuperior portion of the acetabular labrum in dysplastic hips. ..
- Kaneko K, Yonemitsu Y, Fujii T, Onimaru M, Jin C, Inoue M, et al. A free radical scavenger but not FGF-2-mediated angiogenic therapy rescues myonephropathic metabolic syndrome in severe hindlimb ischemia. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;290:H1484-92 pubmed..These results suggest the distinct mechanism of MNMS from critical limb ischemia without reperfusion. Therefore, radical scavenging should be paid more attention than therapeutic angiogenesis when arterial circulation is reconstructed. ..
- Amano T, Tokunaga S, Shono T, Mizoguchi M, Matsumoto K, Yoshida F, et al. Cerebellar hemangioblastoma manifesting as hearing disturbance. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2009;49:418-20 pubmed..After the operation, the patient's hearing acuity improved dramatically. Cerebellar hemangioblastoma should be considered in the differential diagnosis of CP angle tumors associated with hearing disturbance...
- Tanaka T, Matono S, Nagano T, Nishimura K, Murata K, Yamana H, et al. Surgical management for small cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Dis Esophagus. 2010;23:502-5 pubmed publisher..Esophagectomy with lymphadenectomy resulted in a relatively better survival in some patients with esophageal SmCC. We concluded that surgery may be helpful as part of multimodality treatment in selected patients with esophageal SmCC...
- Nakamizo A, Yoshimoto K, Amano T, Mizoguchi M, Sasaki T. Crocodile tears syndrome after vestibular schwannoma surgery. J Neurosurg. 2012;116:1121-5 pubmed publisher..The authors aim to elucidate the precise incidence and the detailed natural course of CTS after VS surgery...
- Muroi K, Miyamura K, Okada M, Yamashita T, Murata M, Ishikawa T, et al. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (JR-031) for steroid-refractory grade III or IV acute graft-versus-host disease: a phase II/III study. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:243-50 pubmed publisher..Adverse effects commonly associated with MSC infusions were not observed. Taken together, our two clinical trials suggest JR-031 to be effective for steroid-refractory aGVHD. ..
- Ogata T, Kamouchi M, Kitazono T, Kuroda J, Ooboshi H, Shono T, et al. Cerebral venous thrombosis associated with iron deficiency anemia. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008;17:426-8 pubmed publisher..In a cerebral venous thrombosis associated with iron deficiency anemia, treatment for the anemia may improve hypercoagulable state without antithrombotic therapy, although the long-term monitoring of TAT and D-dimer levels is required. ..
- Shirabe K, Taketomi A, Morita K, Soejima Y, Uchiyama H, Kayashima H, et al. Comparative evaluation of expanded criteria for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma beyond the Milan criteria undergoing living-related donor liver transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2011;25:E491-8 pubmed publisher..Compared with the other expanded criteria, the Kyushu University criteria may be useful to eliminate LT candidates at very high risk of HCC recurrence. The Kyushu University criteria were useful to evaluate LT candidates with HCC. ..
- Ogawa E, Furusyo N, Murata M, Ikezaki H, Ihara T, Hayashi T, et al. Insulin resistance undermines the advantages of IL28B polymorphism in the pegylated interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients with genotype 1. J Hepatol. 2012;57:534-40 pubmed publisher..55). For HCV genotype 1, both IL28B and baseline HOMA-IR are independent pretreatment predictors of SVR in patients treated with PegIFN?-2b and RBV. Insulin resistance undermines the advantages of IL28B polymorphism to obtain SVR. ..
- Inadomi K, Kusaba H, Matsushita Y, Tanaka R, Mitsugi K, Arimizu K, et al. Efficacy and Safety Analysis of Oxaliplatin-based Chemotherapy for Advanced Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2663-2671 pubmed..Subsequent oxaliplatin-based therapy after cisplatin exhibited modest efficacy, especially in cases with cisplatin intolerance. ..
- Fukuhara T, Ikegami T, Morita K, Umeda K, Ueda S, Nagata S, et al. Impact of preoperative serum sodium concentration in living donor liver transplantation. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:978-84 pubmed publisher..The addition of sodium concentration to MELD score might therefore be an effective predictor for post-transplant short-term mortality in LDLT. ..
- Harada N, Shirabe K, Ikeda Y, Korenaga D, Takenaka K, Maehara Y. Surgical management of hepatocellular carcinoma in Child-Pugh class B cirrhotic patients: hepatic resection and/or microwave coagulation therapy versus living donor liver transplantation. Ann Transplant. 2012;17:11-20 pubmed..LDLT could not be indicated in the patients with DCP level of more 300 mAU/mL. ..
- Sugiyama M, Sakaguchi Y, Oki E, Kusumoto E, Ota M, Kimura Y, et al. Clinical Significance of Closure of Mesenteric Defects in Laparoscopic Colectomy: A Single-Institutional Cohort Study. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2016;26:82-5 pubmed publisher..0%, respectively; P=0.033). Serious complications requiring reoperation occurred only in the nonclosure group. The procedure for closing the defect did not extend the operation time or increase the bleeding. ..
- Harada N, Maeda T, Yoshizumi T, Ikeda T, Kayashima H, Ikegami T, et al. Laparoscopic Liver Resection Is a Feasible Treatment for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Portal Hypertension. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3489-97 pubmed..LLR may be a feasible treatment for patients with Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) stage 0 or advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (A HCC) and PHT. ..
- Kitagawa N, Oda M, Totoki T, Washizaki S, Oda M, Kifune T. Lidocaine spray used to capture a live Clinostomum parasite causing human laryngitis. Am J Otolaryngol. 2003;24:341-3 pubmed..This immediately inhibited peristaltic movement of the parasite allowing easy retrieval without tearing any part of the organism, thus facilitating parasite identification. ..
- Takeshita M, Okamura S, Oshiro Y, Imayama S, Okamoto S, Matsuki Y, et al. Clinicopathologic differences between 22 cases of CD56-negative and CD56-positive subcutaneous panniculitis-like lymphoma in Japan. Hum Pathol. 2004;35:231-9 pubmed..01) different prognoses by Kaplan-Meier and log-rank methods. Patients with CD56-negative and CD56-positive groups had statistically different clinicopathologic, immunohistologic, and functional findings and prognoses. ..
- Ueno M, Okusaka T, Omuro Y, Isayama H, Fukutomi A, Ikeda M, et al. A randomized phase II study of S-1 plus oral leucovorin versus S-1 monotherapy in patients with gemcitabine-refractory advanced pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:502-8 pubmed publisher..The addition of LV to S-1 significantly improved PFS in patients with gemcitabine-refractory advanced PC, and a phase III trial has been initiated in a similar setting. Japan Pharmaceutical Information Center: JapicCTI-111554. ..
- Miyahara D, Katsuta T, Maehara M, Takahashi Y, Fukagawa S, Miyata K, et al. Safety and Anti-tumor Effects of Docetaxel Plus Cisplatin in Intermediate- and High-risk Endometrial Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3725-9 pubmed..In IR and HR groups, mean progression-free (PFS) survival was 69.5 and 29.5, while overall survival (OS) was 59.6 and 47.5 months, respectively. DP may be clinically safe and useful treatment for EC. ..
- Kajiyama K, Murakami T, Suzuki A. Evaluation of the modified maxillary protractor applied to Class III malocclusion with retruded maxilla in early mixed dentition. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2000;118:549-59 pubmed..These results suggest that a maxillary protraction bow appliance is effective for correcting anterior crossbite with a retruded maxilla in the early mixed dentition...
- Tsugawa K, Koyanagi N, Hashizume M, Wada H, Ayukawa K, Akahoshi K, et al. Results of endotoxin absorption after a subtotal resection of the small intestine and a right hemicolectomy for severe superior mesenteric ischemia. Hepatogastroenterology. 2002;49:1303-6 pubmed..8% vs. 71.0%, P = 0.04). In conclusion, we may now safely say that both stoma and a resection are recommended while endotoxin absorption using blood filtration may also be an effective additional therapy for post-operative septic shock. ..
- Yasumatsu R, Okura K, Sakiyama Y, Nakamuta M, Matsumura T, Uehara S, et al. Metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma of the external auditory canal. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:6436-8 pubmed..A review of the literature revealed only five other cases of HCC metastasis to the temporal bone, all of which mainly metastasized in the internal acoustic meatus. The present case is the first report of HCC metastasis to the EAC. ..
- Yoshida Y, Naito M, Yamada T, Aisu N, Daibo K, Mera T, et al. Adoptive Chemoimmunotherapy Using Activated ?? T Cells for Stage IV Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3741-6 pubmed..Most adverse events were mild to moderate regarding their intensity and immunotherapy-associated toxicity was minimal. Combination of adoptive ?? T cell immunotherapy with chemotherapy for stage IV CRC is feasible and safe. ..
- Nakashima T, Nakamura K, Shiratsuchi H, Yasumatsu R, Toh S, Shioyama Y, et al. [Clinical outcome of partial glossectomy or brachytherapy in early-stage tongue cancer]. Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho. 2010;113:456-62 pubmed..Because incidence of local recurrence, nodal metastasis, and prognosis were the same regardless of treatment modality, treatment should be based on the age, performance status, and quality of life among subjects. ..
- Ikezaki H, Furusyo N, Ihara T, Hayashi T, Ogawa E, Toyoda K, et al. Abbott RealTime PCR assay is useful for evaluating virological response to antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C. J Infect Chemother. 2011;17:737-43 pubmed publisher..The relapse rate was lower when determined by ART than by CAM, but not significantly so. ART is more useful than CAM for evaluating the virological response to antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C. ..
- Ogawa E, Furusyo N, Murata M, Hayashi T, Shimizu M, Mukae H, et al. Impact of HCV kinetics on treatment outcome differs by the type of real-time HCV assay in NS3/4A protease inhibitor-based triple therapy. Antiviral Res. 2016;126:35-42 pubmed publisher..The superior ability to detect low-level HCV RNA by ART could be useful for predicting SVR by difficult-to-treat patients in the early period and relapse in the late period. ..
- Haga Y, Miyamoto A, Wada Y, Takami Y, Takeuchi H. Value of E-PASS models for predicting postoperative morbidity and mortality in resection of perihilar cholangiocarcinoma and gallbladder carcinoma. HPB (Oxford). 2016;18:271-8 pubmed publisher..These models will be useful for surgical decision-making, informed consent, and risk adjustments in surgical audits. ..
- Saito F, Tashiro H, Yamaguchi M, Honda R, Ohba T, Suzuki A, et al. Development of a mouse model for testing therapeutic agents: the anticancer effect of dienogest on endometrial neoplasms. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2016;32:403-7 pubmed publisher..Dienogest and MPA showed potent anticancer activity against endometrial neoplasms in our mouse model. The present study demonstrated that dienogest might be a useful therapeutic agent for human endometrial neoplasms. ..
- Ng V, Mori K, Costa R, Kish M, Mehran R, Urata H, et al. Impact of gender on infarct size, ST-segment resolution, myocardial blush and clinical outcomes after primary stenting for acute myocardial infarction: Substudy from the EMERALD trial. Int J Cardiol. 2016;207:269-76 pubmed publisher..9% versus 5.2%) and MACE (11.4% versus 10.3%) were similar for women and men. Despite worse comorbidities, women with AMI treated with primary PCI with stenting showed similar early and midterm outcomes compared to men. ..
- Tashiro Y, Miura H, Matsuda S, Okazaki K, Iwamoto Y. Minimally invasive versus standard approach in total knee arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007;463:144-50 pubmed..We encountered no major perioperative complications in either group. We believe the minimally invasive technique positively contributes to the early restoration of quadriceps strength and a speedy return to normal function...
- Soejima O, Iida H, Naito M. Flexor carpi radialis tendinitis caused by malunited trapezial ridge fracture in a professional baseball player. J Orthop Sci. 2002;7:151-3 pubmed..We present a case report of flexor carpi radialis tendinitis caused by a malunited trapezial ridge fracture, in a professional baseball player who was treated successfully by excision of the malunited trapezial ridge fragment. ..
- Okada K, Furusyo N, Sawayama Y, Ishikawa N, Nabeshima S, Tsuchihashi T, et al. Inferior mesenteric arteriovenous fistula eight years after sigmoidectomy. Intern Med. 2002;41:543-8 pubmed..Clinicians should be aware of the possibility of AVF in patients with a history of abdominal surgery...
- Uchino A, Tsukamoto H, Nakashima H, Yoshizawa S, Furugo I, Mitoma H, et al. Tacrolimus is effective for lupus nephritis patients with persistent proteinuria. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2010;28:6-12 pubmed..Tacrolimus is safe and effective as maintenance therapy for patients with lupus nephritis, at least for 6 months. A larger randomised, controlled trial over a longer period is needed to confirm these results. ..
- Yamashita Y, Yoshizumi T, Fukuzawa K, Nishizaki T, Tsujita E, Kajiyama K, et al. Surgical Results of Pancreaticoduodenectomy for Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma: a Multi-institutional Retrospective Study of 174 patients. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2407-12 pubmed..66; p=0.0002). Patients with BMI ?25 should be closely monitored for POPF after PD. Post-operative EN might help prevent POPF. Performing R0 resection is an important goal for ensuring patient survival after PD for PDAC. ..
- Itoh S, Morita K, Ueda S, Sugimachi K, Yamashita Y, Gion T, et al. Long-term results of hepatic resection combined with intraoperative local ablation therapy for patients with multinodular hepatocellular carcinomas. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16:3299-307 pubmed publisher..01). Hepatic resection combined with intraoperative local ablation therapy is effective for multinodular HCCs. DCP >300 mAU/ml was a significant prognostic factor of long-term overall survival. ..
- Imai E, Maruyama S, Nangaku M, Hirakata H, Hayashi T, Narita I, et al. Rationale and study design of a randomized controlled trial to assess the effects of maintaining hemoglobin levels using darbepoetin alfa on prevention of development of end-stage kidney disease in non-diabetic CKD patients (PREDICT Trial). Clin Exp Nephrol. 2016;20:71-6 pubmed publisher..73 m(2) or less, 50% decrease in eGFR). Average follow-up period is 2 years and the study ends in 2016. PREDICT will determine the optimum target Hb for Japanese patients with non-diabetic CKD. (ClinicalTrials.gov No. NCT01581073). ..
- Paz Ares L, Hirsh V, Zhang L, De Marinis F, Yang J, Wakelee H, et al. Monotherapy Administration of Sorafenib in Patients With Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (MISSION) Trial: A Phase III, Multicenter, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Sorafenib in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Predominantly Nonsquamous Non-Small-Cell Lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2015;10:1745-53 pubmed publisher..Third-/fourth-line sorafenib therapy did not significantly increase OS in patients with relapsed/refractory NSCLC, despite significantly increasing PFS. ..
- Uwatoku T, Ito K, Abe K, Oi K, Hizume T, Sunagawa K, et al. Extracorporeal cardiac shock wave therapy improves left ventricular remodeling after acute myocardial infarction in pigs. Coron Artery Dis. 2007;18:397-404 pubmed
- Yamaguchi S, Ito O, Maeda Y, Murata H, Imamoto N, Yuhi F, et al. Coil embolization for a ruptured posterior cerebral artery aneurysm with vertebrobasilar dolichoectasia. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2011;51:657-60 pubmed..However, endovascular coil embolization was successful for the present ruptured PCA aneurysm with VBD. ..
- Kumagai K, Nakashima H, Gondo N, Saku K. Antiarrhythmic effects of JTV-519, a novel cardioprotective drug, on atrial fibrillation/flutter in a canine sterile pericarditis model. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2003;14:880-4 pubmed
- Oshiro S, Tsugu H, Komatsu F, Ohmura T, Ohta M, Sakamoto S, et al. Efficacy of temozolomide treatment in patients with high-grade glioma. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:911-7 pubmed..Assessing the true efficacy of TMZ will require a larger study with comparison of long-term outcomes between other agents or combined therapeutic modalities. ..
- Kajiyama K, Murakami T, Suzuki A. Comparison of orthodontic and orthopedic effects of a modified maxillary protractor between deciduous and early mixed dentitions. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2004;126:23-32 pubmed..The clinical effects of MPBA treatment were greater in the deciduous-dentition group than in the early-mixed-dentition group. ..
- Ikegami T, Taketomi A, Soejima Y, Yoshizumi T, Sanefuji K, Kayashima H, et al. Living donor liver transplantation for acute liver failure: a 10-year experience in a single center. J Am Coll Surg. 2008;206:412-8 pubmed publisher..Living donor liver transplantation is now among the currently accepted life-saving treatments of choice for acute liver failure, although innovative medical treatments for this disease entity are still anticipated. ..
- Zhao G, Yamamoto T, Ikemura S, Motomura G, Mawatari T, Nakashima Y, et al. Radiological outcome analysis of transtrochanteric curved varus osteotomy for osteonecrosis of the femoral head at a mean follow-up of 12.4 years. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010;92:781-6 pubmed publisher..9%. The results of this study indicate that a post-operative intact ratio of 33.0% is necessary if a satisfactory outcome is to be achieved after this varus osteotomy. ..
- Kunisaki Y, Goto H, Kitagawa K, Nagano M. Salazosulfapyridine induced hypersensitivity syndrome associated with reactivation of humanherpes virus 6. Intern Med. 2003;42:203-7 pubmed..We suggest that HHV-6 IgG titer is one of the modalities for the diagnosis and the prediction of the clinical course of HS...
- Ueno A, Enaida H, Hata Y, Hisatomi T, Nakamura T, Mochizuki Y, et al. Long-term clinical outcomes and therapeutic benefits of triamcinolone-assisted pars plana vitrectomy for proliferative vitreoretinopathy: a case study. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2007;17:392-8 pubmed..To investigate intraoperative visibility and long-term clinical outcome following triamcinolone acetonide (TA)-assisted pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Osoegawa A, Kometani T, Fukuyama S, Hirai F, Seto T, Sugio K, et al. Prognostic Factors for Survival after Resection of Pulmonary Metastases from Colorectal Carcinoma. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;22:6-11 pubmed publisher..8 months compared with 28.1 or 15.7 months, respectively p = 0.021). The CEA level can be a predictive marker for the prognosis in patients with pulmonary metastases from colorectal carcinoma. ..
- Sun X, Minohara M, Kikuchi H, Ishizu T, Tanaka M, Piao H, et al. The selective Rho-kinase inhibitor Fasudil is protective and therapeutic in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2006;180:126-34 pubmed..These results may provide a rationale of selective blockade of Rho-kinase by oral use of fasudil as a new therapy for multiple sclerosis. ..
- Ebi N, Semba H, Tokunaga S, Takayama K, Wataya H, Kuraki T, et al. A phase II trial of gefitinib monotherapy in chemotherapy-naïve patients of 75 years or older with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:1166-71 pubmed publisher..Gefitinib monotherapy is effective and relatively well tolerated in chemotherapy-naïve elderly patients with advanced NSCLC. Gefitinib has potential as a first-line therapeutic option in elderly patients with advanced NSCLC. ..
- Tamiya Y, Nakahara K, Kominato K, Serikawa O, Watanabe Y, Tateishi H, et al. Pneumomediastinum is a frequent but minor complication during esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection. Endoscopy. 2010;42:8-14 pubmed publisher..Endoscopic muscle exposure during ESD is a significant risk factor for pneumomediastinum, which causes mild inflammation in the early post-ESD phase. ..
- Fujita H, Ohuchida K, Mizumoto K, Itaba S, Ito T, Nakata K, et al. Gene expression levels as predictive markers of outcome in pancreatic cancer after gemcitabine-based adjuvant chemotherapy. Neoplasia. 2010;12:807-17 pubmed
- Kuwabara K, Matsuda S, Fushimi K, Ishikawa K, Horiguchi H, Fujimori K, et al. Quantitative assessment of the advantages of laparoscopic gastrectomy and the impact of volume-related hospital characteristics on resource use and outcomes of gastrectomy patients in Japan. Ann Surg. 2011;253:64-70 pubmed publisher..Stakeholders should recognize the wide variation in hospital practices, skill training and efficient gastrectomy care, in addition to the volume-quality relationship. ..
- Uchida M, Ikesue H, Kato K, Ichinose K, Hiraiwa H, Sakurai A, et al. Antiemetic effectiveness and safety of aprepitant in patients with hematologic malignancy receiving multiday chemotherapy. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2013;70:343-9 pubmed publisher..Antiemetic effectiveness and safety of aprepitant in patients with hematologic malignancy receiving multiday chemotherapy were evaluated...
- Shoji F, Takamori S, Akamine T, Toyokawa G, Morodomi Y, Okamoto T, et al. Clinical Evaluation and Outcomes of Digital Chest Drainage after Lung Resection. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;22:354-358 pubmed publisher..7 days, range: 1-9 days, compared with 3.7 days, range: 1-21 days, respectively; P = 0.031). Managing PAL with DCS after pulmonary resection appears to reduce the duration of chest drainage. ..
- Soejima Y, Toshima T, Motomura T, Yokota T, Joko K, Oshiro Y, et al. Technical Feasibility and Oncological Legitimacy of Enucleation of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm Located at the Pancreatic Head or Uncinate Process. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:321-326 pubmed..Enucleation of BD-IPMN at the PH is a technically feasible and oncologically acceptable procedure which should be justified in patients with IPMNs with a low risk of malignancy. ..
- Tai Y, Tanaka S, Fukushima J, Kizuka Y, Kiyokawa K, Inoue Y, et al. Refinements in the elevation of reconstructed auricles in microtia. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:2414-23 pubmed..Hydroxyapatite-tricalcium phosphate ceramic is a useful material that complements the cartilage shortage. ..
- Ohga S, Kudo K, Ishii E, Honjo S, Morimoto A, Osugi Y, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and Epstein-Barr virus-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in Japan. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;54:299-306 pubmed publisher..UCB might therefore be acceptable as an alternate SCT source for HLH patients, although the optimal conditioning remains to be determined. ..
- Tomikawa M, Akahoshi T, Sugimachi K, Ikeda Y, Yoshida K, Tanabe Y, et al. Laparoscopic splenectomy may be a superior supportive intervention for cirrhotic patients with hypersplenism. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:397-402 pubmed publisher..Future prospective, randomized controlled patient studies are required to confirm these findings. ..
- Itaba S, Nakamura K, Aso A, Tokunaga S, Akiho H, Ihara E, et al. Prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of ulinastatin for prevention of hyperenzymemia after double balloon endoscopy via the antegrade approach. Dig Endosc. 2013;25:421-7 pubmed publisher..0%) and none in the ulinastatin group experienced acute pancreatitis, but the difference was not statistically significant. The results of this trial suggest that ulinastatin does not prevent hyperenzymemia following antegrade DBE. ..
- Nakamura K, Ohga S, Yorozu A, Dokiya T, Saito S, Yamanaka H. Diffusion pattern of low dose rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer in Japan. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:934-6 pubmed publisher..Because a relationship between provider volume and outcomes following oncological procedures was shown, a careful evaluation of the effectiveness of permanent implant brachytherapy for prostate cancer is needed. ..
- Shoji F, Toyokawa G, Harada N, Itoh S, Harimoto N, Ikegami T, et al. Surgical Treatment and Outcome of Patients with De Novo Lung Cancer After Liver Transplantation. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2619-2623 pubmed..Although the study population was small, these results suggest that pulmonary lobectomy of de novo lung cancer after LDLT, even under immunosuppressive conditions, is a feasible procedure and may yield a survival benefit. ..
- Hayashida N, Chihara S, Akasu K, Oda T, Tayama E, Kai E, et al. Plasma and urinary levels of heart fatty acid-binding protein in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. Jpn Circ J. 2000;64:18-22 pubmed..Plasma and urinary H-FABP may be an early and sensitive biochemical marker for the diagnosis of myocardial injury in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. ..
- Inoue T, Naito M, Fujii T, Akiyoshi Y, Yoshimura I, Takamura K. Partial physeal growth arrest treated by bridge resection and artificial dura substitute interposition. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2006;15:65-9 pubmed..There were no complications. ..
- Sasaki S, Inoguchi T, Muta K, Abe Y, Zhang M, Hiasa K, et al. Therapeutic angiogenesis by ex vivo expanded erythroid progenitor cells. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H657-65 pubmed..Implantation of ECFCs promoted angiogenesis in ischemic limbs by supplying angiogenic cytokines (VEGF and FGF-2), suggesting a possible novel strategy for therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Sunami K, Shinagawa K, Sawamura M, Sakai A, Saburi Y, Imamura Y, et al. Phase I/II study of tandem high-dose chemotherapy with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for advanced multiple myeloma. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:635-642 pubmed publisher..3 and 66.5%, respectively. In conclusion, high-dose chemotherapy with tandem auto-PBSCT is feasible and safe with a favorable response rate in treating advanced multiple myeloma in Japan. ..
- Moroi Y. Significance of sentinel lymph node biopsy in malignant melanoma: overview of international data. Int J Clin Oncol. 2009;14:485-9 pubmed publisher..Reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis of the SLN remains very controversial. Whether SLNB improves survival in melanoma patients remains an open question. ..
- Naito S, Eto M, Shinohara N, Tomita Y, Fujisawa M, Namiki M, et al. Multicenter phase II trial of S-1 in patients with cytokine-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:5022-9 pubmed publisher..006). S-1 is active against cytokine-refractory mRCC. Quantification of TS mRNA levels in tumors before treatment may facilitate prediction of the response of mRCC to S-1. ..
- Yasumoto S, Shimizu M, Sato K, Kurata A, Numachi Y. Lamotrigine monotherapy for newly diagnosed typical absence seizures in children: A multi-center, uncontrolled, open-label study. Brain Dev. 2016;38:407-13 pubmed publisher..No serious adverse events were reported. Lamotrigine monotherapy in Japanese and South Korean children with typical absence seizures was well tolerated and 35.0% of patients were seizure free at the end of maintenance phase. ..
- Nakamura N, Mitsuyasu T, Mitsuyasu Y, Taketomi T, Higuchi Y, Ohishi M. Marsupialization for odontogenic keratocysts: long-term follow-up analysis of the effects and changes in growth characteristics. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2002;94:543-53 pubmed..This procedure does not appear to affect the recurrence tendency of OKCs, and the probable changes in growth characteristics become rather less aggressive. ..
- Nagata K, Masumoto K, Tesiba R, Esumi G, Tsukimori K, Norio W, et al. Outcome and treatment in an antenatally diagnosed congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lung. Pediatr Surg Int. 2009;25:753-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, we recommend the performance of a partial lung resection using an axillary skin crease incision in order to obtain a good postoperative quality of life. ..
- Shibata Y, Ariyama H, Baba E, Takii Y, Esaki T, Mitsugi K, et al. Oxaliplatin-induced allergic reaction in patients with colorectal cancer in Japan. Int J Clin Oncol. 2009;14:397-401 pubmed publisher..With the increasing use of oxaliplatin in Japan, serious adverse events have been experienced other than hematologic and neurologic toxicities...
- Ueda S, Shirabe K, Morita K, Umeda K, Kayashima H, Uchiyama H, et al. Evaluation of ERCC1 expression for cisplatin sensitivity in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:1204-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, immunohistochemical analysis for resected HCC tissues may be a useful predictor for the effectiveness of adjuvant chemotherapy, using CDDP. ..
- Chen H, Takahara M, Oba J, Xie L, Chiba T, Takeuchi S, et al. Clinicopathologic and prognostic significance of SATB1 in cutaneous malignant melanoma. J Dermatol Sci. 2011;64:39-44 pubmed publisher..03). The overexpression of SATB1 correlated with metastatic potential of CMM and is a novel independent prognostic marker for predicting outcome. ..
- Ikeda Y, Hisatomi T, Yoshida N, Notomi S, Murakami Y, Enaida H, et al. The clinical efficacy of a topical dorzolamide in the management of cystoid macular edema in patients with retinitis pigmentosa. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:809-14 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that a topical dorzolamide is effective for the treatment of CME in patients with RP, and that the positive treatment effects last for up to 6 months. ..
- Noguchi M, Matsumoto K, Uemura H, Arai G, Eto M, Naito S, et al. An Open-Label, Randomized Phase II Trial of Personalized Peptide Vaccination in Patients with Bladder Cancer that Progressed after Platinum-Based Chemotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:54-60 pubmed publisher..PPV could not prolong PFS, but OS appeared to be improved with low toxicity and immune responses. Further large-scale, randomized trials are needed to confirm these results. ..
- Voss P, Vargas Soto G, Schmelzeisen R, Izumi K, Stricker A, Bittermann G, et al. Sinusitis and oroantral fistula in patients with bisphosphonate-associated necrosis of the maxilla. Head Face Med. 2016;12:3 pubmed publisher..Purulent maxillary Sinusitis is a common complication of bisphosphonate-related necrosis of the maxilla. The surgical technique described can be suggested for the treatment of these patients. ..
- Okamoto S, Iida O, Takahara M, Yamauchi Y, Hirano K, Soga Y, et al. Impact of Perioperative Complications After Endovascular Therapy in Diabetic Patients With Critical Limb Ischemia due to Isolated Infrapopliteal Lesions. J Endovasc Ther. 2016;23:371-7 pubmed publisher..POC occurrence was associated with major adverse limb events in follow-up but not with mortality or wound healing. ..
- Matsui T, Nagata N, Hirata K, Okazaki S, Sato S, Nakamura M, et al. Bi-weekly Capecitabine-Oxaliplatin (XELOX) plus Bevacizumab as First-line Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer -The PHOENiX Trial. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3437-43 pubmed..The first-line treatment of mCRC using a biweekly combination of XELOX plus bevacizumab can also be administered safely and effectively in Japan. It is suggested that this regimen is an appropriate option for the treatment of mCRC. ..
- Sasaki T, Nakamura K, Ogawa K, Onishi H, Okamoto A, Koizumi M, et al. Radiotherapy for patients with localized hormone-refractory prostate cancer: results of the Patterns of Care Study in Japan. BJU Int. 2009;104:1462-6 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the clinical results of radiotherapy (RT) for patients with regionally localized hormone-refractory prostate carcinoma (HRPC)...
- Fujisaki K, Ono Fujisaki A, Kura Nakamura N, Komune N, Hirakawa N, Tsuruya K, et al. Rapid deterioration of renal insufficiency after magnetic resonance imaging with gadolinium-based contrast agent. Clin Nephrol. 2011;75:251-4 pubmed..This case emphasizes the potential nephrotoxicity of Gd-based contrast media and suggests that renal insufficiency, diabetes mellitus, old age and high dose of Gd-based contrast medium are risk factors for acute kidney injury. ..
- Minami Y, Minami H, Miyamoto T, Yoshimoto G, Kobayashi Y, Munakata W, et al. Phase I study of glasdegib (PF-04449913), an oral smoothened inhibitor, in Japanese patients with select hematologic malignancies. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1628-1633 pubmed publisher..Glasdegib was safe and well tolerated across the dose levels tested. It is confirmed that the 100-mg dose is safe and tolerable in Japanese patients, and this dose level will be examined in the future clinical trial. ..
- Maehara Y. S-1 in gastric cancer: a comprehensive review. Gastric Cancer. 2003;6 Suppl 1:2-8 pubmed..Thus, S-1 is currently the first candidate as the standard anticancer drug for gastric cancer. Further evaluations by well-controlled clinical trials are still needed. ..
- Tokunaga E, Kimura Y, Kitamura K, Maehara Y. Granulomatous lobular mastitis misdiagnosed as breast carcinoma. Breast J. 2004;10:261-2 pubmed
- Nagata H, Nozaki M, Nakano H. Short-term combinational therapy of low-dose estrogen with selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor (fluvoxamine) for oophorectomized women with hot flashes and depressive tendencies. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2005;31:107-14 pubmed