Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Nara, Japan
Locale: Nara, Japan
Topic: transcription factors
- Eguchi Y, Utsumi R. A novel mechanism for connecting bacterial two-component signal-transduction systems. Trends Biochem Sci. 2005;30:70-2 pubmed..This novel mechanism might provide an answer to some of the linkages found between other TCSs. ..
- Ogura K, Matsumoto K, Kuroiwa A, Isobe T, Otoguro T, Jurecic V, et al. Cloning and chromosome mapping of human and chicken Iroquois (IRX) genes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:320-5 pubmed..Here we report cytogenetic mapping of four human and five chicken Iroquois genes by FISH. Our findings revealed that vertebrate Irx genes are clustered at two different loci. ..
- Nishizawa Yokoi A, Yoshida E, Yabuta Y, Shigeoka S. Analysis of the regulation of target genes by an Arabidopsis heat shock transcription factor, HsfA2. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:890-5 pubmed..HsfA2 appears to function not only in the triggering of response to environmental stress, but also in the amplification of the signal in the response. ..
- Utsumi R, Katayama S, Taniguchi M, Horie T, Ikeda M, Igaki S, et al. Newly identified genes involved in the signal transduction of Escherichia coli K-12. Gene. 1994;140:73-7 pubmed..pertussis via BvgA and BvgS. These results indicate that the newly cloned genes were structurally and functionally similar to bvgA and bvgS, and we designated these genes evgA and evgS. ..
- Yoshiyama K, Kimura S, Maki H, Britt A, Umeda M. The role of SOG1, a plant-specific transcriptional regulator, in the DNA damage response. Plant Signal Behav. 2014;9:e28889 pubmed..We suggest that plants acquired the central transcriptional factor SOG1 as a functional homolog of p53 during the evolution of their DDR system...
- Kato A, Ohnishi H, Yamamoto K, Furuta E, Tanabe H, Utsumi R. Transcription of emrKY is regulated by the EvgA-EvgS two-component system in Escherichia coli K-12. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2000;64:1203-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the start site of transcription from the promoter of emrKY was identified; EvgA was shown to bind at the -52 to -84 region by the footprinting experiment. ..
- Hie M, Iitsuka N, Otsuka T, Tsukamoto I. Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus decreases osteoblastogenesis associated with the inhibition of Wnt signaling through increased expression of Sost and Dkk1 and inhibition of Akt activation. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:455-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that insulin-deficiency in IDDM decreases osteoblastogenesis associated with inhibition of Wnt signaling through the increased expression of Sost and Dkk1 and the inhibition of Akt activation. ..
- Nishizawa Yokoi A, Nosaka R, Hayashi H, Tainaka H, Maruta T, Tamoi M, et al. HsfA1d and HsfA1e involved in the transcriptional regulation of HsfA2 function as key regulators for the Hsf signaling network in response to environmental stress. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:933-45 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that HsfA1d and HsfA1e not only regulate HsfA2 expression but also function as key regulators of the Hsf signaling network in response to environmental stress. ..
- Itou J, Eguchi Y, Utsumi R. Molecular mechanism of transcriptional cascade initiated by the EvgS/EvgA system in Escherichia coli K-12. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:870-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that the transcriptional cascade initiated by the EvgS/EvgA system in fact functions for acid and drug resistance in E. coli. ..
- Fukumoto A, Tomoda K, Kubota M, Kato J, Yoneda Kato N. Small Jab1-containing subcomplex is regulated in an anchorage- and cell cycle-dependent manner, which is abrogated by ras transformation. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1047-54 pubmed..The small Jab1-containing subcomplex may be a novel mediator of anchorage and cell-cell contact-dependent signal transduction. ..
- Nishizawa A, Yabuta Y, Shigeoka S. Galactinol and raffinose constitute a novel function to protect plants from oxidative damage. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1251-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the possibility that galactinol and raffinose scavenge hydroxyl radicals as a novel function to protect plant cells from oxidative damage caused by MV treatment, salinity, or chilling. ..
- Manabe T, Tatsumi K, Inoue M, Matsuyoshi H, Makinodan M, Yamauchi T, et al. Knockdown of the L3/Lhx8 gene suppresses cholinergic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cell-derived spheres. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2008;26:249-52 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that L3/Lhx8 is a key factor for cholinergic differentiation of murine ES cell-derived spheres and is involved in basal forebrain development. ..
- Li X, Kato Y, Tsuji Y, Tsunoda Y. The effects of trichostatin A on mRNA expression of chromatin structure-, DNA methylation-, and development-related genes in cloned mouse blastocysts. Cloning Stem Cells. 2008;10:133-42 pubmed publisher..Such modifications might be a reason for the high developmental potential of mouse SCNT oocytes treated with TSA. ..
- Fukumoto A, Ikeda N, Sho M, Tomoda K, Kanehiro H, Hisanaga M, et al. Prognostic significance of localized p27Kip1 and potential role of Jab1/CSN5 in pancreatic cancer. Oncol Rep. 2004;11:277-84 pubmed..Cell cycle control targeting p27Kip1 might be a promising future therapeutic modality against pancreatic cancer. ..
- Hibara K, Karim M, Takada S, Taoka K, Furutani M, Aida M, et al. Arabidopsis CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON3 regulates postembryonic shoot meristem and organ boundary formation. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2946-57 pubmed..Our results reveal that redundant but partially distinct functions of CUC1, CUC2, and CUC3 are responsible for shoot organ boundary and meristem formation throughout the life cycle in Arabidopsis. ..
- Nishizawa A, Yabuta Y, Yoshida E, Maruta T, Yoshimura K, Shigeoka S. Arabidopsis heat shock transcription factor A2 as a key regulator in response to several types of environmental stress. Plant J. 2006;48:535-47 pubmed..Our present results indicate that HsfA2 is a key regulator in the induction of the defence system under several types of environmental stress. ..
- Nishizawa Yokoi A, Tainaka H, Yoshida E, Tamoi M, Yabuta Y, Shigeoka S. The 26S proteasome function and Hsp90 activity involved in the regulation of HsfA2 expression in response to oxidative stress. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:486-96 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that the inhibition of 26S proteasome function and/or Hsp90 activity is involved in the induction of HsfA2 expression in response to oxidative stress. ..
- Eguchi Y, Okada T, Minagawa S, Oshima T, Mori H, Yamamoto K, et al. Signal transduction cascade between EvgA/EvgS and PhoP/PhoQ two-component systems of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:3006-14 pubmed..coli and also identified the genes that required the two systems for enhanced expression. This is one example of the intricate signal transduction networks that are posited to exist in E. coli. ..
- Tanabe H, Yamasaki K, Katoh A, Yoshioka S, Utsumi R. Identification of the promoter region and the transcriptional regulatory sequence of the evgAS operon of Escherichia coli. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1998;62:286-90 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of evgAS is positively regulated by its own product, EvgA. ..