Experts and Doctors on thoracic vertebrae in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: thoracic vertebrae
- Nagoshi N, Fukuda K, Shioda M, Machida M. Anterior spinal fixation for recollapse of cemented vertebrae after percutaneous vertebroplasty. BMJ Case Rep. 2016;2016: pubmed publisher..Surgeons who perform PV need to be able to assess this failure early and to perform spinal fixation. ..
- Watanabe K, Uno K, Suzuki T, Kawakami N, Tsuji T, Yanagida H, et al. Risk factors for complications associated with growing-rod surgery for early-onset scoliosis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38:E464-8 pubmed publisher..607) in the preoperative condition. Increases in the upper thoracic scoliotic curve, thoracic kyphosis, and number of rod-lengthening procedures are positively associated with an increased risk of complications after GR surgery for EOS. ..
- Watanabe K, Matsumoto M, Tsuji T, Ishii K, Takaishi H, Nakamura M, et al. Ball tip technique for thoracic pedicle screw placement in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. J Neurosurg Spine. 2010;13:246-52 pubmed publisher..To further enhance the accuracy and safety of TPS placement, the authors developed the ball tip technique...
- Fujiwara S, Kuwazuru O, Inuzuka N, Yoshikawa N. Relationship between scapular position and structural strength of rib cage in quadruped animals. J Morphol. 2009;270:1084-94 pubmed publisher..This implies that the location of robust ribs is associated with the arrangement of the serratus muscle, and provides a probable candidate for determination of the scapular position for extinct quadruped archosaurs and mammals...
- Aikawa T, Kanazono S, Yoshigae Y, Sharp N, Munana K. Vertebral stabilization using positively threaded profile pins and polymethylmethacrylate, with or without laminectomy, for spinal canal stenosis and vertebral instability caused by congenital thoracic vertebral anomalies. Vet Surg. 2007;36:432-41 pubmed..To describe diagnostic findings, surgical technique, and outcome in dogs with thoracic spinal canal stenosis and vertebral instability secondary to congenital vertebral anomalies...
- Watanabe K, Nakamura T, Iwanami A, Hosogane N, Tsuji T, Ishii K, et al. Vertebral derotation in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis causes hypokyphosis of the thoracic spine. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2012;13:99 pubmed publisher..These results proved the hypothesis that the vertebral derotation obtained by PS causes hypokyphosis of the thoracic spine. ..
- Matsumoto M, Okada E, Kaneko Y, Ichihara D, Watanabe K, Chiba K, et al. Wedging of vertebral bodies at the thoracolumbar junction in asymptomatic healthy subjects on magnetic resonance imaging. Surg Radiol Anat. 2011;33:223-8 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the normative value of vertebral wedging at the thoracolumbar junction in asymptomatic healthy subjects for differential diagnosis of vertebral compression fractures using MRI...
- Kubota M, Shin M, Taniguchi M, Terao T, Nakauchi J, Takahashi H. Syringomyelia caused by intrathecal remnants of oil-based contrast medium. J Neurosurg Spine. 2008;8:169-73 pubmed publisher..No reports on thoracic adhesive arachnoiditis and syringomyelia caused by oil-based dye referred to this mechanism in reviewing the literature. ..
- Yasuda A, Tsuji O, Shibata S, Nori S, Takano M, Kobayashi Y, et al. Significance of remyelination by neural stem/progenitor cells transplanted into the injured spinal cord. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1983-94 pubmed publisher..These findings establish the biological importance of remyelination by graft-derived cells for functional recovery after the transplantation of NS/PCs into the injured spinal cord. ..
- Komagata M, Inahata Y, Nishiyama M, Endo K, Tanaka H, Kobayashi H. Treatment of myelopathy due to cervicothoracic OPLL via open door laminoplasty. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2007;20:342-6 pubmed..Postoperative long-term follow-up study of open door laminoplasty for the ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL) in the thoracic spine...
- Qi X, Matsumoto M, Ishii K, Nakamura M, Chiba K, Toyama Y. Posterior osteotomy and instrumentation for thoracolumbar kyphosis in patients with achondroplasia. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:E606-10 pubmed..A retrospective case series of surgically treated achondroplastic patients with severe thoracolumbar kyphosis...
- Qi M, Wakabayashi Y, Enomoto M, Shinomiya K. Changes in neurocan expression in the distal spinal cord stump following complete cord transection: a comparison between infant and adult rats. Neurosci Res. 2003;45:181-8 pubmed..Combined with the different regenerative capacity of infant and adult rats, the present results suggest that neurocan inhibits spinal cord regeneration. ..