Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on t cell leukemia in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: t cell leukemia
- Hijikata M, Kato N, Sato T, Kagami Y, Shimotohno K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA for a novel phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate-responsive gene that is highly expressed in an adult T-cell leukemia cell line. J Virol. 1990;64:4632-9 pubmed..This induction of the gene was not inhibited by an inhibitor of protein synthesis, cycloheximide. From these findings, we suggest that this gene, named APR, is a member of the cellular immediate-early-response genes. ..
- Niwa R, Shoji Hosaka E, Sakurada M, Shinkawa T, Uchida K, Nakamura K, et al. Defucosylated chimeric anti-CC chemokine receptor 4 IgG1 with enhanced antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity shows potent therapeutic activity to T-cell leukemia and lymphoma. Cancer Res. 2004;64:2127-33 pubmed..These results indicate that defucosylated antibodies with enhanced ADCC as well as potent antitumor activity in vivo are promising candidates for the novel antibody-based therapy. ..
- Oyoshi M, Nagata H, Kimura N, Zhang Y, Demachi A, Hara T, et al. Preferential expansion of Vgamma9-JgammaP/Vdelta2-Jdelta3 gammadelta T cells in nasal T-cell lymphoma and chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:1629-38 pubmed..The close association of EBV with this particular gammadelta T-cell population may provide a key to the etiology of EBV-positive lymphoproliferative diseases. ..
- Yokose N, Ogata K, Sugisaki Y, Mori S, Yamada T, An E, et al. CD20-positive T cell leukemia/lymphoma: case report and review of the literature. Ann Hematol. 2001;80:372-5 pubmed..Hepatomegaly and/or splenomegaly were common features. Further cases must be evaluated to understand the clinical significance of the CD20 expression on the surface of T cell malignancies...
- Matsushita M, Ikeda H, Kizaki M, Okamoto S, Ogasawara M, Ikeda Y, et al. Quantitative monitoring of the PRAME gene for the detection of minimal residual disease in leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2001;112:916-26 pubmed
- Suzuki T, Uchida Toita M, Andoh T, Yoshida M. HTLV-1 tax oncoprotein binds to DNA topoisomerase I and inhibits its catalytic activity. Virology. 2000;270:291-8 pubmed..These results suggest that Tax has a novel potential to affect various cellular processes such as transcription and maintenance of genomic stability, in which DNA topoisomerase I is involved...
- Nakano H, Yonekawa H, Shinohara K. Threshold level of p53 required for the induction of apoptosis in X-irradiated MOLT-4 cells. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;68:883-91 pubmed..6, 2.1, and 2.8 h, respectively. The threshold level of p53 for the initiation of apoptosis and the time sequence in the course of apoptotic events were determined in X-irradiated MOLT-4 cells. ..
- Nakata Y, Kondoh K, Fukushima S, Hashiguchi A, Du W, Hayashi M, et al. Mutated D4-guanine diphosphate-dissociation inhibitor is found in human leukemic cells and promotes leukemic cell invasion. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:37-50 pubmed