Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on spermatozoa in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
- Brukman N, Miyata H, Torres P, Lombardo D, Caramelo J, Ikawa M, et al. Fertilization defects in sperm from Cysteine-rich secretory protein 2 (Crisp2) knockout mice: implications for fertility disorders. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:240-51 pubmed publisher..S.C. and by the MEXT of Japan to M.I. The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest. ..
- Kishi K, Kanamori S, Maruyama T, Sasaki K, Hara K, Kawai M, et al. Potential parameters of male reproductive toxicity: reproductive performance, histopathology and sperm evaluation in SD rats given nitrazepam. J Toxicol Sci. 1995;20:329-39 pubmed..Hypospermatogenesis induced by nitrazepam is suggested to be caused by direct action of nitrazepam on germ cells and/or Sertoli cells rather than by indirect action through inhibition of testosterone secretion. ..
- Kimura T, Ito C, Watanabe S, Takahashi T, Ikawa M, Yomogida K, et al. Mouse germ cell-less as an essential component for nuclear integrity. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1304-15 pubmed
- Egydio de Carvalho C, Tanaka H, Iguchi N, Ventelä S, Nojima H, Nishimune Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a complementary DNA encoding sperm tail protein SHIPPO 1. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:785-95 pubmed..SHIPPO 1 in sperm is resistant to treatment with nonionic detergents and coextracted with the cytoskeletal core proteins of the mouse sperm tail...
- Tanaka H, Kohroki J, Iguchi N, Onishi M, Nishimune Y. Cloning and characterization of a human orthologue of testis-specific succinyl CoA: 3-oxo acid CoA transferase (Scot-t) cDNA. Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:16-23 pubmed..1-35.3) of the bone morphogenetic protein 8 (BMP8) gene. In conclusion, we have demonstrated that h-Scot-t is a single intronless gene specifically expressed in the testis. ..
- Zhang Q, Shimoya K, Temma K, Kimura T, Tsujie T, Shioji M, et al. Expression of fractalkine in the Fallopian tube and of CX3CR1 in sperm. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:409-14 pubmed..The present findings suggest that fractalkine in the Fallopian tube contributes to the immunodefence mechanism during fertilization and to the sperm motion in the oviduct. ..
- Yamanaka M, Koga M, Tanaka H, Nakamura Y, Ohta H, Yomogida K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of phosphatidylcholine transfer protein-like protein gene expressed in murine haploid germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:1694-1701 pubmed..The protein, having a molecular weight of approximately 40 000, was encoded by the mRNA and was detected at the tail of the elongated spermatids and sperm by immunohistochemical staining. ..
- Nakamura T, Liu Y, Nakashima H, Umehara H, Inoue K, Matoba S, et al. PGC7 binds histone H3K9me2 to protect against conversion of 5mC to 5hmC in early embryos. Nature. 2012;486:415-9 pubmed publisher..This type of regulatory mechanism could be involved in DNA modifications in somatic cells as well as in early embryos. ..
- Temma K, Shimoya K, Hashimoto K, Zhang Q, Koyama M, Murata Y. Detection of erythropoietin in human seminal plasma. Fertil Steril. 2004;81 Suppl 1:798-801 pubmed..The seminal EPO originated from the prostate and seminal vesicle. No association between EPO levels in seminal plasma and sperm parameters was found in the present study. ..
- Kitamura K, Iguchi N, Kaneko Y, Tanaka H, Nishimune Y. Characterization of a novel postacrosomal perinuclear theca-specific protein, CYPT1. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1927-35 pubmed..CYPT1 and the proteins of the paralogous genes constitute a novel, basic cysteine-rich sperm protein family that may contribute to the function of the postacrosomal PT during nuclear shaping. ..
- Okahashi N, Sano M, Miyata K, Tamano S, Higuchi H, Kamita Y, et al. Lack of evidence for endocrine disrupting effects in rats exposed to fenitrothion in utero and from weaning to maturation. Toxicology. 2005;206:17-31 pubmed..The results suggest that fenitrothion at in-use levels in the environment is unlikely to cause disruption of human endocrine systems. ..
- Tokuhiro K, Miyagawa Y, Tanaka H. Characterizing mouse male germ cell-specific actin capping protein alpha3 (CPalpha3): dynamic patterns of expression in testicular and epididymal sperm. Asian J Androl. 2008;10:711-8 pubmed publisher..After inducing the acrosomal reaction, the CPalpha3 and ACTB localization was virtually identical to the localization before the acrosomal reaction. CPalpha3 might play an important role in sperm morphogenesis and/or sperm function. ..
- Yamaguchi R, Yamagata K, Hasuwa H, Inano E, Ikawa M, Okabe M. Cd52, known as a major maturation-associated sperm membrane antigen secreted from the epididymis, is not required for fertilization in the mouse. Genes Cells. 2008;13:851-61 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, there was no difference in the litter size from the wild-type and Cd52-null males. Our results therefore indicate CD52 is not required for fertilization in the mouse either in vivo or in vitro. ..
- Kaneto M, Kanamori S, Hara K, Kishi K. Characterization of epididymal sperm motion and its correlation with stages of target cells in rats given alpha-chlorohydrin, cyclophosphamide or nitrazepam. J Toxicol Sci. 1999;24:187-97 pubmed