Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence alignment in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: sequence alignment
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Kudo F, Kawabe K, Kuriki H, Eguchi T, Kakinuma K. A new family of glucose-1-phosphate/glucosamine-1-phosphate nucleotidylyltransferase in the biosynthetic pathways for antibiotics. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:1711-8 pubmed..It appears therefore that gene clusters for antibiotic biosynthesis provide their own nucleotidylyltransferases, and the BtrD homologues are among the secondary metabolism specific enzymes. ..
- Takayama K, Kajita T, Murata J, Tateishi Y. Phylogeography and genetic structure of Hibiscus tiliaceus--speciation of a pantropical plant with sea-drifted seeds. Mol Ecol. 2006;15:2871-81 pubmed..The wide and dominant distribution of a haplotype shared by H. pernambucensis and H. tiliaceus in the Atlantic region suggests significant introgression between the two species in this region...
- Hamazaki J, Iemura S, Natsume T, Yashiroda H, Tanaka K, Murata S. A novel proteasome interacting protein recruits the deubiquitinating enzyme UCH37 to 26S proteasomes. EMBO J. 2006;25:4524-36 pubmed..Knockdown of hRpn13 caused no obvious proteolytic defect but loss of UCH37 proteins and decrease in deubiquitinating activity of 26S proteasomes. Our results indicate that hRpn13 is essential for the activity of UCH37. ..
- Saji H, Iizuka R, Yoshida T, Abe T, Kidokoro S, Ishii N, et al. Role of the IXI/V motif in oligomer assembly and function of StHsp14.0, a small heat shock protein from the acidothermophilic archaeon, Sulfolobus tokodaii strain 7. Proteins. 2008;71:771-82 pubmed
- Zhao Y, Lang G, Ito S, Bonnet J, Metzger E, Sawatsubashi S, et al. A TFTC/STAGA module mediates histone H2A and H2B deubiquitination, coactivates nuclear receptors, and counteracts heterochromatin silencing. Mol Cell. 2008;29:92-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, the deubiquitinase activity of the TFTC/STAGA HAT complex is necessary to counteract heterochromatin silencing and acts as a positive cofactor for activation by nuclear receptors in vivo. ..
- Murakami Y, Tatebayashi K, Saito H. Two adjacent docking sites in the yeast Hog1 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase differentially interact with the Pbs2 MAP kinase kinase and the Ptp2 protein tyrosine phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2481-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, the CD and the PBD-2 docking sites play critical roles in both the activation and inactivation of Hog1. ..
- Fujimoto T, Hamamoto I, Taniguchi K, Chikahira M, Okabe N. Molecular epidemiology of adenovirus type 3 detected from 1994 to 2006 in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2008;61:143-5 pubmed..We conclude that at least 3 genome types of AdV3 have circulated in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan, during the past 13 years (1994-2006). The findings also suggest that AdV3x was imported from Korea to Hyogo Prefecture in 2001. ..
- Matsuda S, Inoue T, Lee H, Kono N, Tanaka F, Gengyo Ando K, et al. Member of the membrane-bound O-acyltransferase (MBOAT) family encodes a lysophospholipid acyltransferase with broad substrate specificity. Genes Cells. 2008;13:879-88 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that human MBOAT5 is a lysophospholipid acyltransferase acting preferentially on LPC, LPS and LPE. ..
- Suehiro Y, Yasuda A, Okuyama T, Imada H, Kuroyanagi Y, Kubo T, et al. Mass spectrometric map of neuropeptide expression and analysis of the gamma-prepro-tachykinin gene expression in the medaka (Oryzias latipes) brain. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;161:138-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that the medaka brain contains some neuropeptides (AVT, SP, and somatostatins) that may be involved in modulating medaka behaviors such as social interaction...
- Frith M, Wan R, Horton P. Incorporating sequence quality data into alignment improves DNA read mapping. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:e100 pubmed publisher..This approach enables more effective use of DNA reads from organisms that lack reference genomes, are extinct or are highly polymorphic. ..
- Arakawa A, Handa N, Shirouzu M, Yokoyama S. Biochemical and structural studies on the high affinity of Hsp70 for ADP. Protein Sci. 2011;20:1367-79 pubmed publisher..In ADP-ATP exchange, the slow ADP dissociation might be rate-limiting. However, the nucleotide-exchange factors actually enhance ADP release by disrupting the Mg(2+) ion-mediated network. ..
- Hara Y, Imanishi T. Abundance of ultramicro inversions within local alignments between human and chimpanzee genomes. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:308 pubmed publisher..Our inversion-identification method is also applicable in the fine-tuning of genome alignments by distinguishing ultramicro inversions from nucleotide substitutions and indels. ..
- Elahi M, Islam M, Noguchi K, Yohda M, Kuroda Y. High resolution crystal structure of dengue-3 envelope protein domain III suggests possible molecular mechanisms for serospecific antibody recognition. Proteins. 2013;81:1090-5 pubmed publisher..0 Å at Asp(662), located in epitope-2. These minute structural and surface properties changes observed in the high resolution ED3 structure represent potential determinants for serospecificity and epitope recognition by antibodies. ..
- Nishimasu H, Ran F, Hsu P, Konermann S, Shehata S, Dohmae N, et al. Crystal structure of Cas9 in complex with guide RNA and target DNA. Cell. 2014;156:935-49 pubmed publisher..This high-resolution structure and accompanying functional analyses have revealed the molecular mechanism of RNA-guided DNA targeting by Cas9, thus paving the way for the rational design of new, versatile genome-editing technologies. ..
- Tamura K, Nakatani K, Mitsui H, Ohashi Y, Takahashi H. Characterization of katD, a kinesin-like protein gene specifically expressed in floral tissues of Arabidopsis thaliana. Gene. 1999;230:23-32 pubmed..These results suggest that the structurally distinct KatD protein functions as a floral tissue-specific motor protein. ..
- Fujio K, Nosaka T, Kojima T, Kawashima T, Yahata T, Copeland N, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel type 1 cytokine receptor similar to the common gamma chain. Blood. 2000;95:2204-10 pubmed..These results suggest that delta1 is a subunit of cytokine receptor that may be involved in multiple receptor systems and play a regulatory role in the immune system and hematopoiesis. ..
- Kunitomo H, Higuchi T, Iino Y, Yamamoto M. A zinc-finger protein, Rst2p, regulates transcription of the fission yeast ste11(+) gene, which encodes a pivotal transcription factor for sexual development. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3205-17 pubmed..We conclude that transcription of ste11 is under autoregulation in addition to control through the PKA-Rst2p pathway. ..
- Saitoh T, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WNT5B on chromosome 12p13.3 region. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:347-51 pubmed..WNT5B might be implicated in human carcinogenesis through activation of the WNT-beta-catenin-TCF signaling pathway, just like Wnt5a. ..
- Sakamoto H, Kawasaki M, Uchida S, Sasaki S, Marumo F. Identification of a new outwardly rectifying Cl- channel that belongs to a subfamily of the ClC Cl- channels. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:10210-6 pubmed..The molecular structure and functional properties of ClC-5 will provide an important insight into ORCCs and the pathogenesis of Dent's disease. ..
- Aso T, Amimoto K, Takebayashi S, Okumura K, Hatakeyama M. Structural organization and chromosome location of the mouse elongin A gene (Tceb3). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;86:259-62 pubmed..The deduced 773-amino acid sequence of mouse Elongin A shows 91% and 81% identity with rat and human Elongin A, respectively. The Elongin A gene was mapped to mouse chromosome 4D3 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Mochizuki N, Shimizu S, Nagasawa T, Tanaka H, Taniwaki M, Yokota J, et al. A novel gene, MEL1, mapped to 1p36.3 is highly homologous to the MDS1/EVI1 gene and is transcriptionally activated in t(1;3)(p36;q21)-positive leukemia cells. Blood. 2000;96:3209-14 pubmed
- Ogino T, Yamadera T, Nonaka T, Imajoh Ohmi S, Mizumoto K. Enolase, a cellular glycolytic enzyme, is required for efficient transcription of Sendai virus genome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:447-55 pubmed..West-Western blot analysis demonstrated that tubulin specifically binds enolase as well as PGK, suggesting that these two glycolytic enzymes regulate SeV transcription through their interactions with tubulin. ..
- Tonozuka Y, Fujio K, Sugiyama T, Nosaka T, Hirai M, Kitamura T. Molecular cloning of a human novel type I cytokine receptor related to delta1/TSLPR. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;93:23-5 pubmed..3 and Yp11.3 by FISH analysis, a region where genes encoding the IL-3 receptor alpha and the GM-CSF receptor alpha chains are also located. The biological function of this newly identified receptor is now under investigation. ..
- Misaka T, Miyashita T, Kubo Y. Primary structure of a dynamin-related mouse mitochondrial GTPase and its distribution in brain, subcellular localization, and effect on mitochondrial morphology. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15834-42 pubmed..In each case, it was distributed in the vesicular pattern seen in other cell types. ..
- Hori H, Suzuki T, Sugawara K, Inoue Y, Shibata T, Kuramitsu S, et al. Identification and characterization of tRNA (Gm18) methyltransferase from Thermus thermophilus HB8: domain structure and conserved amino acid sequence motifs. Genes Cells. 2002;7:259-72 pubmed..thermophilus tRNA (Gm18) methyltransferase are responsible for tRNA recognition and a main part of the enzyme is allocated for a catalytic core...
- Yamada Y, Makimura K, Ueda K, Nishiyama Y, Uchida K, Yamaguchi H, et al. DNA base alignment and taxonomic study of genus Malassezia based upon partial sequences of mitochondrial large subunit ribosomal RNA gene. Microbiol Immunol. 2003;47:475-8 pubmed..The dendrogram obtained from this gene supports the previous study of Malassezia species based upon the chromosomal genes. This is the first report of taxonomic analysis of Malassezia species based upon the mitochondrial gene. ..
- Suzuki Y, Saso K, Fujioka S, Yoshida S, Nitasaka E, Nagata S, et al. A dwarf mutant strain of Pharbitis nil, Uzukobito (kobito), has defective brassinosteroid biosynthesis. Plant J. 2003;36:401-10 pubmed..All these results clearly demonstrate that the Uzukobito phenotype resulted from a mutation on PnDET2, and a morphological mutant has been characterized at the molecular level among a large stock of P. nil mutants...
- Hashimoto K, Saito M, Matsuoka H, Iida K, Iida H. Functional analysis of a rice putative voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel, OsTPC1, expressed in yeast cells lacking its homologous gene CCH1. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:496-500 pubmed..5 micro M, was comparable to that of intrinsic CCH1, a candidate VDCC in yeast. Ca(2+) permeation by OsTPC1 was inhibited by verapamil, a VDCC blocker. These findings indicate for the first time that OsTPC1 is a putative VDCC in rice...
- Seshime Y, Juvvadi P, Fujii I, Kitamoto K. Discovery of a novel superfamily of type III polyketide synthases in Aspergillus oryzae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:253-60 pubmed..Conservation of catalytic residues in the CHSs across species implicated enzymatically active nature of these newly discovered homologs. ..
- Takekawa M, Tatebayashi K, Saito H. Conserved docking site is essential for activation of mammalian MAP kinase kinases by specific MAP kinase kinase kinases. Mol Cell. 2005;18:295-306 pubmed..Synthetic DVD oligopeptides inhibited specific MAPKK activation, both in vitro and in vivo, demonstrating the critical importance of the DVD docking in MAPK signaling. ..
- Nihei Y, Kobiyama A, Ikeda D, Ono Y, Ohara S, Cole N, et al. Molecular cloning and mRNA expression analysis of carp embryonic, slow and cardiac myosin heavy chain isoforms. J Exp Biol. 2006;209:188-98 pubmed publisher..None of the skeletal muscle MYHs identified so far was strongly expressed during the late juvenile stage, indicating further developmentally regulated members of the MYH II gene family remain to be discovered...
- Oyama E, Takahashi H. Substrate specificity of two thrombin like enzymes (elegaxobin, elegaxobin II) from the venom of Trimeresurus elegans (Sakishima-habu), using neutralizing antibody. Toxicon. 2006;48:601-10 pubmed..As a result, anti-elegaxobin II antibody bound specifically to the M-peptide including C-terminal portion. In particular, the anti-elegaxobin II antibody connected to position 220-239 (AQPHEPGSYTNVFDHLDWIK), containing His(223)...
- Aoki Y, Masuda T, Iigo M, Yanagisawa T. Molecular cloning of prepro-thyrotropin-releasing hormone cDNA from medaka (Oryzias latipes). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2007;150:364-70 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis demonstrated ppTRH gene expression in the brain and retina. These results gave some insight into the molecular evolution of ppTRH and physiological functions of TRH in vertebrates. ..
- Nagawa F, Kishishita N, Shimizu K, Hirose S, Miyoshi M, Nezu J, et al. Antigen-receptor genes of the agnathan lamprey are assembled by a process involving copy choice. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:206-13 pubmed..Thus, a vast repertoire of recombinant VLR genes could be generated not only by copying of various LRR segments in diverse combinations but also by the use of multiple sites in an LRR gene segment for priming...
- Kato H, Chibazakura T, Yoshikawa H. NblR is a novel one-component response regulator in the cyanobacterium Synechococcus elongatus PCC 7942. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1072-9 pubmed..Screening of proteins interacting with NblR by yeast two-hybrid analysis revealed two candidates, MreC and NarB, suggesting a novel mechanism that activates NblR, or other functions of the response regulator. ..
- Yuki K, Shindou H, Hishikawa D, Shimizu T. Characterization of mouse lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase 3: an enzyme with dual functions in the testis. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:860-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify this acyltransferase as an alternative important enzyme to produce phosphatidylinositol in the testis. ..
- Taniguchi T, Miyauchi K, Nakane D, Miyata M, Muto A, Nishimura S, et al. Decoding system for the AUA codon by tRNAIle with the UAU anticodon in Mycoplasma mobile. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2621-31 pubmed publisher..mobile ribosome has a property that prevents misreading of AUG codon. These findings provide an insight into the evolutionary reorganization of the AUA decoding system...
- Nagao R, Suzuki T, Okumura A, Kihira T, Toda A, Dohmae N, et al. Electrostatic interaction of positive charges on the surface of Psb31 with photosystem II in the diatom Chaetoceros gracilis. Biochim Biophys Acta Bioenerg. 2017;1858:779-785 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, together with our previous cross-linking study in diatom PSII and a red algal PSII structure, we discuss binding properties of Psb31 with PSII core proteins. ..
- Yoshida M, Yamamoto H, Noguchi S, Mizuno Y, Hagiwara Y, Ozawa E. Dystrophin-associated protein A0 is a homologue of the Torpedo 87K protein. FEBS Lett. 1995;367:311-4 pubmed..Based on the coincidence of cDNA sequences and the similarity in molecular mass, we concluded that the proteins reacting with MA0 are rabbit homologues of the Torpedo 87K protein. ..
- Hirosawa M, Totoki Y, Hoshida M, Ishikawa M. Comprehensive study on iterative algorithms of multiple sequence alignment. Comput Appl Biosci. 1995;11:13-8 pubmed..We propose a tree-dependent, restricted partitioning technique to efficiently reduce the execution time of iterative algorithms. ..
- Koyama K, Fukushima Y, Inazawa J, Tomotsune D, Takahashi N, Nakamura Y. The human homologue of the murine Llglh gene (LLGL) maps within the Smith-Magenis syndrome region in 17p11.2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;72:78-82 pubmed
- Nakaune R, Adachi K, Nawata O, Tomiyama M, Akutsu K, Hibi T. A novel ATP-binding cassette transporter involved in multidrug resistance in the phytopathogenic fungus Penicillium digitatum. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:3983-8 pubmed..These results suggested that the toxicant efflux system comprised of PMR1 participates directly in the DMI resistance of the fungus. ..
- Kim J, Kanai Y, Chairoungdua A, Cha S, Matsuo H, Kim D, et al. Human cystine/glutamate transporter: cDNA cloning and upregulation by oxidative stress in glioma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1512:335-44 pubmed..Because of this highly regulated nature, xCT in glial cells would fulfill the task to protect neurons against oxidative stress by providing suitable amount of cystine to produce glutathione. ..
- Tabunoki H, Sugiyama H, Tanaka Y, Fujii H, Banno Y, Jouni Z, et al. Isolation, characterization, and cDNA sequence of a carotenoid binding protein from the silk gland of Bombyx mori larvae. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32133-40 pubmed..Sequence analyses coupled with binding specificity suggest that CBP is a new member of the StAR protein family that binds carotenoids rather than cholesterol. ..
- Shoya Y, Tokunaga K, Sawa H, Maeda M, Ueno T, Yoshikawa T, et al. Human topoisomerase I promotes HIV-1 proviral DNA synthesis: implications for the species specificity and cellular tropism of HIV-1 infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8442-7 pubmed..Thus, human topoisomerase I plays an important role in HIV-1 replication and infectivity, and differences in the species specificity of HIV-1 infection can at least in part be attributed to differences in topoisomerase I activities. ..
- Ohi H, Fujita Y, Miyao M, Saguchi K, Murayama N, Higuchi S. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor of Xenopus laevis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:595-9 pubmed..These results suggest that while frogs are relatively tolerant to TCDD toxicity, the AHR of frogs has characteristics similar to those of other vertebrate AHRs. ..
- Sarower M, Okada S, Abe H. Molecular characterization of D-amino acid oxidase from common carp Cyprinus carpio and its induction with exogenous free D-alanine. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;420:121-9 pubmed..The inducible nature of carp DAO indicates that it plays an important physiological role in metabolizing exogenous D-alanine that is abundant in their prey invertebrates, crustaceans, and mollusks. ..
- Hon Nami K, Ueno S, Endo H, Nishimura H, Igarashi T, David L, et al. A novel Giraffidae-specific interspersed repeat with a microsatellite, originally found in an intron of a ruminant paralogous p97bcnt gene. Gene. 2004;340:283-90 pubmed..Therefore, the interspersed fragments with (GA)n microsatellite might serve as a marker for tracking how duplicated genes evolve in a family-specific manner. ..
- Paul R, Takeuchi H, Matsuo Y, Kubo T. Gene expression of ecdysteroid-regulated gene E74 of the honeybee in ovary and brain. Insect Mol Biol. 2005;14:9-15 pubmed..These findings suggest that AmE74 is involved in neural function as well as in reproduction in adult honeybees. ..
- Saito A, Ueda K, Imamura M, Atsumi S, Tabunoki H, Miura N, et al. Purification and cDNA cloning of a cecropin from the longicorn beetle, Acalolepta luxuriosa. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;142:317-23 pubmed..This report is the first description of a cecropin from a coleopteran insect. ..
- Kikuchi R, Kusuhara H, Hattori N, Shiota K, Kim I, Gonzalez F, et al. Regulation of the expression of human organic anion transporter 3 by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1alpha/beta and DNA methylation. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:887-96 pubmed..These results indicate that the tissue-specific expression of hOAT3 might be regulated by the concerted effect of genetic (HNF1alpha and HNF1beta) and epigenetic (DNA methylation) factors. ..
- Shimotohno A, Ohno R, Bisova K, Sakaguchi N, Huang J, Koncz C, et al. Diverse phosphoregulatory mechanisms controlling cyclin-dependent kinase-activating kinases in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2006;47:701-10 pubmed..We propose that two distinct types of CAK, namely CDKF;1 and CDKD;2, play a major role in CDK and CTD phosphorylation, respectively, in Arabidopsis. ..
- Ogo Y, Itai R, Nakanishi H, Inoue H, Kobayashi T, Suzuki M, et al. Isolation and characterization of IRO2, a novel iron-regulated bHLH transcription factor in graminaceous plants. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:2867-78 pubmed..These results suggest that IRO2 is involved in the regulation of gene expression under Fe-deficient conditions. ..
- Fujiyama Nakamura S, Yoshikawa H, Homma K, Hayano T, Tsujimura Takahashi T, Izumikawa K, et al. Parvulin (Par14), a peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase, is a novel rRNA processing factor that evolved in the metazoan lineage. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:1552-65 pubmed publisher..As the amino acid sequence of Par14 including that in the amino-terminal pre-rRNP binding region is conserved only in metazoan homologs, we suggest that its roles in ribosome biogenesis have evolved in the metazoan lineage. ..
- Hayashi I, Takatori S, Urano Y, Iwanari H, Isoo N, Osawa S, et al. Single chain variable fragment against nicastrin inhibits the gamma-secretase activity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27838-47 pubmed publisher..The engineered intrabodies may serve as rationally designed, molecular targeting tools for the discovery of novel actions of the membrane proteins. ..
- Sato K, Noda Y, Yoda K. Kei1: a novel subunit of inositolphosphorylceramide synthase, essential for its enzyme activity and Golgi localization. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4444-57 pubmed publisher..From these results, we conclude that Kei1 is essential for both the activity and the Golgi localization of IPC synthase. ..
- Frith M, Hamada M, Horton P. Parameters for accurate genome alignment. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:80 pubmed publisher..This study was made possible by our new software, LAST, which can align vertebrate genomes in a few hours http://last.cbrc.jp/. ..
- Ito T, Kiyasu N, Matsunaga R, Takahashi S, Yokoyama S. Structure of nondiscriminating glutamyl-tRNA synthetase from Thermotoga maritima. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010;66:813-20 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the glutamylation efficiency was not affected even in the presence of excess GatCAB. Therefore, GluRS avoids competition with GatCAB and glutamylates tRNA(Gln)...
- Roy S, Ueda M, Kadowaki K, Tsutsumi N. Different status of the gene for ribosomal protein S16 in the chloroplast genome during evolution of the genus Arabidopsis and closely related species. Genes Genet Syst. 2010;85:319-26 pubmed..We raise the possibility of the widespread pseudogenization of rps16 in the angiosperm chloroplast genomes via the loss of its splicing capacity, even when the rps16 encoded in the chloroplast genome is transcriptionally active. ..
- Takahashi R, Ishimaru Y, Senoura T, Shimo H, Ishikawa S, Arao T, et al. The OsNRAMP1 iron transporter is involved in Cd accumulation in rice. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4843-50 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that OsNRAMP1 is an important protein in high-level Cd accumulation in rice...
- Miyafusa T, Caaveiro J, Tanaka Y, Tanner M, Tsumoto K. Crystal structure of the capsular polysaccharide synthesizing protein CapE of Staphylococcus aureus. Biosci Rep. 2013;33: pubmed publisher..The relevance of these structural elements was evaluated by site-directed mutagenesis. ..
- Nawa M, Matsuoka M. KCTD20, a relative of BTBD10, is a positive regulator of Akt. BMC Biochem. 2013;14:27 pubmed publisher..KCTD20 was ubiquitously expressed in non-nervous as well as nervous tissues. KCTD20 is a positive regulator of Akt and may play an important role in regulating the death and growth of some non-nervous and nervous cells. ..
- Urabe H, Ogawara H. Cloning, sequencing and expression of serine/threonine kinase-encoding genes from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). Gene. 1995;153:99-104 pubmed
- Shibata K, Takase M, Nakamura M. The Dmrt1 expression in sex-reversed gonads of amphibians. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2002;127:232-41 pubmed..Taken together, the results suggest that Dmrt1 is closely implicated in testicular, but not ovarian differentiation in amphibians. ..
- Iwasaki W, Sekine S, Kuroishi C, Kuramitsu S, Shirouzu M, Yokoyama S. Structural basis of the water-assisted asparagine recognition by asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase. J Mol Biol. 2006;360:329-42 pubmed publisher..We performed a mutational analysis of this particular arginine residue, and confirmed its significance in the tRNA recognition...
- Suzuki H, Yagi M, Suzuki K. Duplicated insertion mutation in the microtubule-associated protein Spag5 (astrin/MAP126) and defective proliferation of immature Sertoli cells in rat hypogonadic (hgn/hgn) testes. Reproduction. 2006;132:79-93 pubmed..These findings suggested that the Spag5 is essential for testis development in rats and that the hgn/hgn rat is a unique animal model for studying the function of Spag5. ..
- Nakamura T, Tonozuka T, Ide A, Yuzawa T, Oguma K, Nishikawa A. Sugar-binding sites of the HA1 subcomponent of Clostridium botulinum type C progenitor toxin. J Mol Biol. 2008;376:854-67 pubmed publisher..In this report, the binding specificity of botulinum C16S toxin HA1 to various sugars is demonstrated based on its structural features...
- Aoyama Y, Funae Y, Noshiro M, Horiuchi T, Yoshida Y. Occurrence of a P450 showing high homology to yeast lanosterol 14-demethylase (P450(14DM)) in the rat liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;201:1320-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that pRT-9 protein is P450(14DM) and P450(14DMs) of rat and yeast may be orthologous. This is the first evidence suggesting the occurrence of orthologous P450 in widely diverged species. ..
- Aoyama Y, Noshiro M, Gotoh O, Imaoka S, Funae Y, Kurosawa N, et al. Sterol 14-demethylase P450 (P45014DM*) is one of the most ancient and conserved P450 species. J Biochem. 1996;119:926-33 pubmed..These facts suggest that P45014DM may be a housekeeping enzyme essential for the viability of mammals. ..
- Nakagoshi H, Hoshi M, Nabeshima Y, Matsuzaki F. A novel homeobox gene mediates the Dpp signal to establish functional specificity within target cells. Genes Dev. 1998;12:2724-34 pubmed..Thus, the dve gene acts under the two distinct extracellular signals at distant parts of the midgut primordia. ..
- Sakai T, Toyoda A, Hashimoto K, Maeda H. Isolation and characterization of a novel zinc finger gene, ZNF219, and mapping to the human chromosome 14q11 region. DNA Res. 2000;7:137-41 pubmed..Genomic structure analysis mapped ZNF219 to chromosome 14q11 between markers D14S72 and D14S990, because a sequence tagged site mapped to the locus was found in the intron region of the ZNF219 gene. ..
- Sogame A, Hayata T, Asashima M. Screening for novel pancreatic genes from in vitro-induced pancreas in Xenopus. Dev Growth Differ. 2003;45:143-52 pubmed..This in vitro pancreas-induction system may provide a useful model for analysis of the molecular mechanisms that function during pancreas development. ..
- Ohtsuki T, Watanabe Yi -, Takemoto C, Kawai G, Ueda T, Kita K, et al. An "elongated" translation elongation factor Tu for truncated tRNAs in nematode mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21571-7 pubmed
- Nishiya N, Shirai T, Suzuki W, Nose K. Hic-5 interacts with GIT1 with a different binding mode from paxillin. J Biochem. 2002;132:279-89 pubmed..Thus, it was demonstrated that Hic-5 and GIT1 interact functionally in addition to showing a physical association. ..
- Nagata S. Isolation, characterization, and extra-embryonic secretion of the Xenopus laevis embryonic epidermal lectin, XEEL. Glycobiology. 2005;15:281-90 pubmed..XEEL may have a role in innate immunity to protect embryos and larvae against pathogenic microorganisms in the environmental water. ..
- Hirama K, Goto Y, Uema M, Endo Y, Miura R, Kai C. Phylogenetic analysis of the hemagglutinin (H) gene of canine distemper viruses isolated from wild masked palm civets (Paguma larvata). J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:1575-8 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis revealed that the CDV strains derived from masked palm civets were classified into the group of recent Japanese CDV isolates...
- Terauchi K, Asakura T, Ueda H, Tamura T, Tamura K, Matsumoto I, et al. Plant-specific insertions in the soybean aspartic proteinases, soyAP1 and soyAP2, perform different functions of vacuolar targeting. J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:856-62 pubmed..These observations indicated that, in the case of soyAP1, the PSI is not involved in vacuolar targeting, also suggesting that the function of the PSI differs depending on its origin. ..
- Lavoué S, Miya M, Nishida M. Mitochondrial phylogenomics of anchovies (family Engraulidae) and recurrent origins of pronounced miniaturization in the order Clupeiformes. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;56:480-5 pubmed publisher..Amazonsprattus belongs to the subfamily Engraulinae. Our results support at least three independent origins of miniaturization within the Clupeiformes. ..
- Kakuta S, Shibata S, Iwakura Y. Genomic structure of the mouse 2',5'-oligoadenylate synthetase gene family. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2002;22:981-93 pubmed..These results show that there are at least 11 OAS genes, which are classified into four groups, in the mouse. ..
- Kawakami A, Nojima Y, Toyoda A, Takahoko M, Satoh M, Tanaka H, et al. The zebrafish-secreted matrix protein you/scube2 is implicated in long-range regulation of hedgehog signaling. Curr Biol. 2005;15:480-8 pubmed..We further show that Bmp activity can be attenuated by the coexpression of Scube2. Our data support the idea that Scube2 can modulate the long-range action of Bmp-dependent signaling in the neural tube and somites. ..
- Sasaki T, Kartavtsev Y, Chiba S, Uematsu T, Sviridov V, Hanzawa N. Genetic divergence and phylogenetic independence of Far Eastern species in subfamily Leuciscinae (Pisces: Cyprinidae) inferred from mitochondrial DNA analyses. Genes Genet Syst. 2007;82:329-40 pubmed..It is deduced that speciation of the Far Eastern species occurred until approximately 4 mya, in relation to the formation of the Sea of Japan and the Japanese Islands...
- Zhou S, Fushinobu S, Nakanishi Y, Kim S, Wakagi T, Shoun H. Cloning and characterization of two flavohemoglobins from Aspergillus oryzae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:7-11 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to show that a microorganism contains two isozymes of FHb and that intracellular localization of the isozymes could differ...
- Miki Y. Retrotransposal integration of mobile genetic elements in human diseases. J Hum Genet. 1998;43:77-84 pubmed..The exact mechanism of these events is unclear; however, retrotransposal integration may be a general mechanism of mutation in humans. ..
- Hori T, Kato S, Saeki M, DeMartino G, Slaughter C, Takeuchi J, et al. cDNA cloning and functional analysis of p28 (Nas6p) and p40.5 (Nas7p), two novel regulatory subunits of the 26S proteasome. Gene. 1998;216:113-22 pubmed..However, the NAS7, but not NAS6, disruptant cells caused high sensitivity to heat stress, being unable to proliferate at 37 degreesC. ..
- Ishii S, Shimizu T. Platelet-activating factor (PAF) receptor and genetically engineered PAF receptor mutant mice. Prog Lipid Res. 2000;39:41-82 pubmed..This review also describes the phenotypes of these mutant mice and discusses them by referring to previously reported pharmacological and genetical data. ..
- Sekizaki H, Takahashi S, Tanegashima K, Onuma Y, Haramoto Y, Asashima M. Tracing of Xenopus tropicalis germ plasm and presumptive primordial germ cells with the Xenopus tropicalis DAZ-like gene. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:367-72 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Xtdazl mRNA is the first specific marker of germ plasm and pPGCs in Xenopus tropicalis and is very useful to trace Xenopus tropicalis pPGCs, including germ plasm until the early tadpole stage...
- Kusuda J, Hirai M, Tanuma R, Hashimoto K. Cloning, expression analysis and chromosome mapping of human casein kinase 1 gamma1 (CSNK1G1): identification of two types of cDNA encoding the kinase protein associated with heterologous carboxy-terminal sequences. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;90:298-302 pubmed..The human hCK1 gamma1 gene (CSNK1G1) was mapped to chromosome 15q22.1-->q22.31 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Watanabe H, Nagayama K, Enomoto N, Chinzei R, Yamashiro T, Izumi N, et al. Chronic hepatitis delta virus infection with genotype IIb variant is correlated with progressive liver disease. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3275-89 pubmed..These data indicate the existence of a genetic subgroup of HDV genotype IIb, which is associated with different clinical characteristics and which could be related to genetic variations in functionally important parts of the HDV genome...