Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Fukushima K, Tanaka Y, Nabeshima K, Yoneki T, Tougan T, Tanaka S, et al. Dmc1 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe plays a role in meiotic recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:2709-16 pubmed..These observations, together with a high level of sequence identity, indicate that the dmc1(+) gene of S. POMBE: is a structural homolog of budding yeast DMC1, sharing both similar and distinct functions in meiosis. ..
- Nakamura T, Nakamura Kubo M, Nakamura T, Shimoda C. Novel fission yeast Cdc7-Dbf4-like kinase complex required for the initiation and progression of meiotic second division. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:309-20 pubmed..These results suggest that Spo4 is a Cdc7 kinase whose primary role is in meiosis, not in DNA replication. This is the first report of an organism which has two Cdc7-related kinase complexes with different biological functions. ..
- Kodama Y, Omura F, Takahashi K, Shirahige K, Ashikari T. Genome-wide expression analysis of genes affected by amino acid sensor Ssy1p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2002;41:63-72 pubmed..This result suggests that Ssy1p regulates not only the transcription of amino acid permease genes, but also transcription of many other nitrogen-metabolizing genes. ..
- Haruta N, Kubota Y, Hishida T. Chronic low-dose ultraviolet-induced mutagenesis in nucleotide excision repair-deficient cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8406-15 pubmed..More generally, our data suggest that Pol? can act as both an error-free and a mutagenic DNA polymerase, depending on whether the NER pathway is available to efficiently repair damaged templates. ..
- Nakase Y, Nakamura T, Hirata A, Routt S, Skinner H, Bankaitis V, et al. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe spo20(+) gene encoding a homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sec14 plays an important role in forespore membrane formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:901-17 pubmed..Our results indicate that Spo20 regulates the formation of specialized membrane structures in addition to its recognized role in regulating Golgi secretory function. ..
- Khatun F, Kurata K, Chuwattanakul V, Sugiyama M, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Increased transcription of RPL40A and RPL40B is important for the improvement of RNA production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;116:423-32 pubmed publisher..We propose a model to explain how SUPE mutation increases the transcription of ribosomal protein genes such as RPL40A and RPL40B in SupE strain, resulting in an increase in RNA content. ..
- Abe H, Shimoda C. Autoregulated expression of Schizosaccharomyces pombe meiosis-specific transcription factor Mei4 and a genome-wide search for its target genes. Genetics. 2000;154:1497-508 pubmed..Furthermore, expression of a reporter gene driven by the authentic mei4 promoter was induced in vegetative cells by ectopic overproduction of Mei4p. These results suggest that mei4 transcription is positively autoregulated. ..
- Mitsui K, Matsushita M, Kanazawa H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae glucose signalling regulator Mth1p regulates the organellar Na+/H+ exchanger Nhx1p. Biochem J. 2010;432:343-52 pubmed publisher..The increased resistance to hygromycin was reproduced by truncation of the Mth1p-binding region in Nhx1p. These results implicate Mth1p as a novel regulator of Nhx1p that responds to specific extracellular carbon sources. ..
- Chuwattanakul V, Sugiyama M, Khatun F, Kurata K, Tomita I, Kaneko Y, et al. Increased transcription of NOP15, involved in ribosome biogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, enhances the production yield of RNA as a source of nucleotide seasoning. J Biosci Bioeng. 2012;114:17-22 pubmed publisher..4-fold. These results indicate that the transcription level of NOP15 is an important determinant of the productivity of RNA and that its increased transcription provides an effective approach to obtain higher RNA yields in yeast. ..
- Ohishi K, Inoue N, Maeda Y, Takeda J, Riezman H, Kinoshita T. Gaa1p and gpi8p are components of a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) transamidase that mediates attachment of GPI to proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1523-33 pubmed..Moreover, Gaa1p and Gpi8p are associated with each other. Therefore, Gaa1p and Gpi8p constitute a GPI transamidase and cooperate in generating a carbonyl intermediate, a prerequisite for GPI attachment. ..
- Nakamura T, Kishida M, Shimoda C. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe spo6+ gene encoding a nuclear protein with sequence similarity to budding yeast Dbf4 is required for meiotic second division and sporulation. Genes Cells. 2000;5:463-79 pubmed..These results indicate that Spo6p is a novel Dbf4-related nuclear protein, which is expressed during meiosis and is indispensable for normal progression of meiosis-II and sporulation. ..
- Hirata T, Iwamoto Kihara A, Sun Wada G, Okajima T, Wada Y, Futai M. Subunit rotation of vacuolar-type proton pumping ATPase: relative rotation of the G and C subunits. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23714-9 pubmed..The rotation was inhibited by concanamycin and nitrate but not by azide. These results demonstrated that the V- and F-ATPase carry out a common rotational catalysis. ..
- Tsubouchi H, Ogawa H. Exo1 roles for repair of DNA double-strand breaks and meiotic crossing over in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2221-33 pubmed..These results suggest that Exo1 functions in the processing of DSB ends and in meiotic crossing over. ..
- Morishita M, Morimoto F, Kitamura K, Koga T, Fukui Y, Maekawa H, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase is required for the cellular response to nutritional starvation and mating pheromone signals in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genes Cells. 2002;7:199-215 pubmed..The results indicate that phosphatidylinositol(3,5)bisphosphate is essential for cellular responses to various stresses and for the mating pheromone signalling under starvation conditions. ..
- Sugiyama M, Nakazawa T, Murakami K, Sumiya T, Nakamura A, Kaneko Y, et al. PCR-mediated one-step deletion of targeted chromosomal regions in haploid Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;80:545-53 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the PCD method is a useful tool for deleting genes and for analyzing their functions in defined chromosomal regions. ..
- Ashida H, Hong Y, Murakami Y, Shishioh N, Sugimoto N, Kim Y, et al. Mammalian PIG-X and yeast Pbn1p are the essential components of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-mannosyltransferase I. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1439-48 pubmed..This is the first report of an essential subcomponent of glycosyltransferases using dolichol-phosphate-monosaccharide. ..
- Omura F, Fujita A, Miyajima K, Fukui N. Engineering of yeast Put4 permease and its application to lager yeast for efficient proline assimilation. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:1162-71 pubmed..These results suggest possible industrial applications of the mutant Put4 permeases in improved fermentation systems for beer and other alcoholic beverages based on proline-rich fermentable sources. ..
- Murakami Y, Siripanyapinyo U, Hong Y, Kang J, Ishihara S, Nakakuma H, et al. PIG-W is critical for inositol acylation but not for flipping of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchor. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4285-95 pubmed..The inositol acylation is not essential for the subsequent mannosylation, indicating that glucosaminyl phosphatidylinositol can flip from the cytoplasmic side to the luminal side of the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Ye Y, Fujii M, Hirata A, Kawamukai M, Shimoda C, Nakamura T. Geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase in fission yeast is a heteromer of farnesyl diphosphate synthase (FPS), Fps1, and an FPS-like protein, Spo9, essential for sporulation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3568-81 pubmed..We suggest that lack of GGPS activity in a spo9 mutant results in impaired protein prenylation in certain proteins responsible for secretory function, thereby inhibiting forespore membrane formation. ..
- Mitsui K, Yasui H, Nakamura N, Kanazawa H. Oligomerization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Na+/H+ antiporter Nha1p: implications for its antiporter activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1720:125-36 pubmed..These results support the notion that Nha1p exists in membranes as a dimer and that the interaction of its monomers is important for its antiporter activity. ..
- Noda T, Klionsky D. The quantitative Pho8Delta60 assay of nonspecific autophagy. Methods Enzymol. 2008;451:33-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, the alkaline phosphatase activity reflects the amount of the cytosol delivered to the vacuole through nonspecific autophagy. ..
- Mitsui K, Hatakeyama K, Matsushita M, Kanazawa H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Na+/H+ antiporter Nha1p associates with lipid rafts and requires sphingolipid for stable localization to the plasma membrane. J Biochem. 2009;145:709-20 pubmed publisher..The results of the current study suggest that sphingolipids are required for the stable localization of Nha1p to the plasma membrane. ..
- Ichikawa N, Mizuno M. Functional expression of hexahistidine-tagged beta-subunit of yeast F1-ATPase and isolation of the enzyme by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;37:97-101 pubmed..The application of this novel procedure simplifies the number of steps required for the isolation of F1 used for studying the molecular mechanism of catalysis and regulation of the enzyme. ..
- Takada H. [Cell surface protein Ecm33 is involved in negative feedback regulation of MAP kinase signalling and development of the in vivo real-time monitoring of MAP kinase signalling]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2011;131:1195-200 pubmed..In addition, the Ecm33 overproducing cells displayed phenotypes closely similar to those of the pmk1 knockout cell. Collectively, Ecm33 plays a role in the negative feedback regulation of Pmk1 cell integrity signaling. ..
- Shirahama Noda K, Kira S, Yoshimori T, Noda T. TRAPPIII is responsible for vesicular transport from early endosomes to Golgi, facilitating Atg9 cycling in autophagy. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4963-73 pubmed publisher..This clarification of the role of TRAPPIII elucidates how general membrane traffic contributes to autophagy. ..
- Kira S, Kumano Y, Ukai H, Takeda E, Matsuura A, Noda T. Dynamic relocation of the TORC1-Gtr1/2-Ego1/2/3 complex is regulated by Gtr1 and Gtr2. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:382-96 pubmed publisher..Thus regulation of TORC1 activity through Gtr1/Gtr2 is tightly coupled to the dynamic relocation of these proteins. ..
- Iida M, Yamada K, Nango Y, Yamaguchi Y, Ogita A, Fujita K, et al. Vacuolar H+-ATPase subunit Vma1p functions as the molecular ligand in the vacuole-targeting fungicidal activity of polymyxin B. Microbiology. 2017;163:531-540 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested a role for Vma1p in the vacuole-targeting fungicidal activity of PMB comparable to that of LPS in the outer membrane of Gram-negative bacteria...
- Mitsui K, Koshimura Y, Yoshikawa Y, Matsushita M, Kanazawa H. The endosomal Na(+)/H(+) exchanger contributes to multivesicular body formation by regulating the recruitment of ESCRT-0 Vps27p to the endosomal membrane. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37625-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that Nhx1p contributes to MVB formation by the recruitment of Vps27p to the endosomal membrane, possibly through Nhx1p antiporter activity. ..
- Mitsui K, Kamauchi S, Nakamura N, Inoue H, Kanazawa H. A conserved domain in the tail region of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Na+/H+ antiporter (Nha1p) plays important roles in localization and salinity-resistant cell-growth. J Biochem. 2004;135:139-48 pubmed..Based on the overall similarity of the two-domain structure of Nha1p to that of mammalian Na(+)/H(+) antiporters, the functional importance of domains proximal to the membrane region is discussed. ..
- Tsutsui Y, Morishita T, Iwasaki H, Toh H, Shinagawa H. A recombination repair gene of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, rhp57, is a functional homolog of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae RAD57 gene and is phylogenetically related to the human XRCC3 gene. Genetics. 2000;154:1451-61 pubmed..These characteristics of the rhp57 mutants are very similar to those of S. cerevisiae rad57 mutants. Phylogenetic analysis suggests that Rhp57 and Rad57 are evolutionarily closest to human Xrcc3 of the RecA/Rad51 family of proteins. ..