Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: rna interference
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Takada T, Sato R, Kikuta S. A mannitol/sorbitol receptor stimulates dietary intake in Tribolium castaneum. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186420 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that T. castaneum adults recognized mannitol/sorbitol using the TcGr20 receptor, thereby facilitating the dietary intake of these compounds...
- Senshu H, Ozeki J, Komatsu K, Hashimoto M, Hatada K, Aoyama M, et al. Variability in the level of RNA silencing suppression caused by triple gene block protein 1 (TGBp1) from various potexviruses during infection. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:1014-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we investigated the effect of TGBp1 encoded by Plantago asiatica mosaic virus (PlAMV), which exhibited a strong suppressor activity, on the accumulation of microRNA, virus genomic RNA and virus-derived small interfering RNAs. ..
- Kaizuka T, Hara T, Oshiro N, Kikkawa U, Yonezawa K, Takehana K, et al. Tti1 and Tel2 are critical factors in mammalian target of rapamycin complex assembly. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20109-16 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Tti1 and Tel2 are important not only for mTOR stability but also for assembly of the mTOR complexes to maintain their activities. ..
- Oguri A, Tanaka T, Iida H, Meguro K, Takano H, Oonuma H, et al. Involvement of CaV3.1 T-type calcium channels in cell proliferation in mouse preadipocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;298:C1414-23 pubmed publisher..1 T-type Ca(2+) channel encoded by alpha(1G) subtype is the dominant Ca(V) in mouse preadipocytes and may play a role in regulating preadipocyte proliferation, a key step in adipose tissue development. ..
- Wang F, Osawa T, Tsuchida R, Yuasa Y, Shibuya M. Downregulation of receptor for activated C-kinase 1 (RACK1) suppresses tumor growth by inhibiting tumor cell proliferation and tumor-associated angiogenesis. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:2007-13 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study show that RACK1 is a potent enhancer of tumor growth and, thus, a potential anti-cancer therapeutic target. ..
- Uesaka N, Mikuni T, Hashimoto K, Hirai H, Sakimura K, Kano M. Organotypic coculture preparation for the study of developmental synapse elimination in mammalian brain. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11657-70 pubmed..Thus, our coculture preparation will greatly facilitate the elucidation of molecular mechanisms of synapse elimination. ..
- Onoguchi M, Hirabayashi Y, Koseki H, Gotoh Y. A noncoding RNA regulates the neurogenin1 gene locus during mouse neocortical development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16939-44 pubmed publisher..Our results thus suggest that a noncoding RNA transcribed from an enhancer element positively regulates transcription at the Neurog1 locus. ..
- Ono H, Sakoda H, Fujishiro M, Anai M, Kushiyama A, Fukushima Y, et al. Carboxy-terminal modulator protein induces Akt phosphorylation and activation, thereby enhancing antiapoptotic, glycogen synthetic, and glucose uptake pathways. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1576-85 pubmed..As a result, CTMP enhances various cellular activities that are principally mediated by the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway. ..
- Higuchi M, Onishi K, Kikuchi C, Gotoh Y. Scaffolding function of PAK in the PDK1-Akt pathway. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1356-64 pubmed publisher..PAK differentially activates subpopulations of Akt. These findings reveal scaffolding functions of PAK that regulate the efficiency, localization and specificity of the PDK1-Akt pathway. ..
- Suzuki H, Arase M, Matsuyama H, Choi Y, Ueno T, Mano H, et al. MCPIP1 ribonuclease antagonizes dicer and terminates microRNA biogenesis through precursor microRNA degradation. Mol Cell. 2011;44:424-36 pubmed publisher..The presence of this abortive processing machinery and diversity of MCPIP1-related genes may imply a dynamic evolutional transition of the RNA silencing system. ..
- Ohata H, Ishiguro T, Aihara Y, Sato A, Sakai H, Sekine S, et al. Induction of the stem-like cell regulator CD44 by Rho kinase inhibition contributes to the maintenance of colon cancer-initiating cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:5101-10 pubmed publisher..We propose that the transition from CD44(-/low) to CD44(high) state helps to maintain a CD44(high) fraction and the tumorigenic diversity in colon cancer. ..
- Numata T, Ito T, Maeda T, Egusa C, Tsuboi R. IL-33 promotes ICAM-1 expression via NF-kB in murine mast cells. Allergol Int. 2016;65:158-165 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MCs increase ICAM-1 expression and activate LFA-1 positive cells in the early phase of skin inflammation in response to IL-33. ..
- Minami M, Shinozaki F, Suzuki M, Yoshimatsu K, Ichikawa Y, Minami Y. The proteasome activator PA28 functions in collaboration with Hsp90 in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:1315-9 pubmed..Taking these results together, we conclude that PA28 is likely to function in collaboration with Hsp90 in vivo. ..
- Amet T, Nonaka M, Dewan M, Saitoh Y, Qi X, Ichinose S, et al. Statin-induced inhibition of HIV-1 release from latently infected U1 cells reveals a critical role for protein prenylation in HIV-1 replication. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:471-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus suggest that small GTPase proteins play an important role in HIV-1 replication, and therefore could be attractive molecular targets for anti-HIV-1 therapy. ..
- Kumagai T, Nangaku M, Kojima I, Nagai R, Ingelfinger J, Miyata T, et al. Glyoxalase I overexpression ameliorates renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F912-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, glyoxalase I exerts renoprotective effects in renal I/R injury via a reduction in MG accumulation in tubular cells. ..
- Sakai T, Kasuya J, Kitamoto T, Aigaki T. The Drosophila TRPA channel, Painless, regulates sexual receptivity in virgin females. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:546-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Pain TRP channels expressed in cholinergic and/or GABAergic neurons are involved in female sexual receptivity. ..
- Fujino T, Nomura K, Ishikawa Y, Makino H, Umezawa A, Aburatani H, et al. Function of EWS-POU5F1 in sarcomagenesis and tumor cell maintenance. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1973-82 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal the functional role of the sarcoma-related chimeric protein as well as POU5F1 in the development and progression of human neoplasms. ..
- Kamiyama S, Ichimiya T, Ikehara Y, Takase T, Fujimoto I, Suda T, et al. Expression and the role of 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate transporters in human colorectal carcinoma. Glycobiology. 2011;21:235-46 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PAPS transporters play a role in the proliferation of colorectal carcinoma cells themselves and take part in a desmoplastic reaction to support cancer growth by controlling their sulfation status. ..
- Ishimoto T, Nagano O, Yae T, Tamada M, Motohara T, Oshima H, et al. CD44 variant regulates redox status in cancer cells by stabilizing the xCT subunit of system xc(-) and thereby promotes tumor growth. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:387-400 pubmed publisher..It also induced activation of p38(MAPK), a downstream target of ROS, and expression of the gene for the cell cycle inhibitor p21(CIP1/WAF1). These findings establish a function for CD44v in regulation of ROS defense and tumor growth. ..
- Takasugi N, Sasaki T, Suzuki K, Osawa S, Isshiki H, Hori Y, et al. BACE1 activity is modulated by cell-associated sphingosine-1-phosphate. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6850-7 pubmed publisher..Notably, the relative activity of SphK2 was upregulated in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. The unique modulatory effect of cellular S1P on BACE1 activity is a novel potential therapeutic target for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Uechi H, Hamazaki J, Murata S. Characterization of the testis-specific proteasome subunit ?4s in mammals. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:12365-74 pubmed publisher..4s-containing CPs have a set of peptidase activities almost identical to those of ?4-containing CPs. Our results provide a basis for understanding the role of ?4s and male germ cell-specific proteasomes in mammals. ..
- Lan Q, Wang A, Cheng Y, Mukasa A, Ma J, Hong L, et al. Guanylate binding protein-1 mediates EGFRvIII and promotes glioblastoma growth in vivo but not in vitro. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9680-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results reveal that GBP1 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for GBMs with EGFRvIII mutation. ..
- Iwata A, Nagashima Y, Matsumoto L, Suzuki T, Yamanaka T, Date H, et al. Intranuclear degradation of polyglutamine aggregates by the ubiquitin-proteasome system. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9796-803 pubmed publisher..Moreover, UHRF-2 is associated with nuclear inclusion bodies in vitro and in vivo. Our data suggest that UHRF-2 is an essential molecule for nuclear pQ degradation as a component of nuclear PQC machinery in mammalian cells. ..
- Sato T, Shimazaki T, Naka H, Fukami S, Satoh Y, Okano H, et al. FRS2? regulates Erk levels to control a self-renewal target Hes1 and proliferation of FGF-responsive neural stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1661-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, FRS2? fine-tunes the FGF-signaling to control qualitatively different biological activities, self-renewal at least partly through Hes1 versus proliferation of NSPCs. ..
- Saito K, Inagaki S, Mituyama T, Kawamura Y, Ono Y, Sakota E, et al. A regulatory circuit for piwi by the large Maf gene traffic jam in Drosophila. Nature. 2009;461:1296-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, in gonadal somatic cells, tj gives rise simultaneously to two different molecules: the TJ protein, which activates Piwi expression, and piRNAs, which define the Piwi targets for silencing. ..
- Akimoto Y, Hart G, Wells L, Vosseller K, Yamamoto K, Munetomo E, et al. Elevation of the post-translational modification of proteins by O-linked N-acetylglucosamine leads to deterioration of the glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in the pancreas of diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats. Glycobiology. 2007;17:127-40 pubmed..These results indicate that elevation of the O-GlcNAcylation of proteins leads to deterioration of insulin secretion in the pancreas of diabetic GK rats, further providing evidence for the role of O-GlcNAc in the insulin secretion. ..
- Saito A, Osuga Y, Yoshino O, Takamura M, Hirata T, Hirota Y, et al. TGF-?1 induces proteinase-activated receptor 2 (PAR2) expression in endometriotic stromal cells and stimulates PAR2 activation-induced secretion of IL-6. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:1892-8 pubmed publisher..In view of significant roles of PAR2 and IL-6 in endometriosis, the TGF-?1-induced increase in PAR2 expression may be an elaborate mechanism that augments the progression of the disease. ..
- Sago N, Omi K, Tamura Y, Kunugi H, Toyo oka T, Tokunaga K, et al. RNAi induction and activation in mammalian muscle cells where Dicer and eIF2C translation initiation factors are barely expressed. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:50-7 pubmed..Altogether, the data presented here suggest that muscle cells retain the ability to induce RNAi, although Dicer and eIF2C1 approximately 4 appear to be barely expressed in them. ..
- Suzuki K, Hayashi Y, Nakahara S, Kumazaki H, Prox J, Horiuchi K, et al. Activity-dependent proteolytic cleavage of neuroligin-1. Neuron. 2012;76:410-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, neuronal activity-dependent proteolytic processing of NLG1 may negatively regulate the remodeling of spines at excitatory synapses. ..
- Ogiwara H, Sasaki M, Mitachi T, Oike T, Higuchi S, Tominaga Y, et al. Targeting p300 Addiction in CBP-Deficient Cancers Causes Synthetic Lethality by Apoptotic Cell Death due to Abrogation of MYC Expression. Cancer Discov. 2016;6:430-45 pubmed publisher..Here, we propose a "synthetic lethal-based therapeutic strategy" for CBP-deficient cancers by inhibition of the p300 HAT activity. Patients with CBP-deficient cancers could benefit from therapy using p300-HAT inhibitors. ..
- Kondo A, Nonaka A, Shimamura T, Yamamoto S, Yoshida T, Kodama T, et al. Long Noncoding RNA JHDM1D-AS1 Promotes Tumor Growth by Regulating Angiogenesis in Response to Nutrient Starvation. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that increased JHDM1D-AS1 expression under nutrient starvation accelerates tumor growth by upregulating angiogenesis, thus laying the foundation for improved therapeutic strategies. ..
- Yagasaki H, Hamanoue S, Oda T, Nakahata T, Asano S, Yamashita T. Identification and characterization of novel mutations of the major Fanconi anemia gene FANCA in the Japanese population. Hum Mutat. 2004;24:481-90 pubmed..Specifically, our data suggest that diverse mechanisms including nonhomologous recombination as well as Alu-mediated homologous recombination are involved in the generation of large deletions in FANCA. ..
- Mimura I, Nangaku M, Kanki Y, Tsutsumi S, Inoue T, Kohro T, et al. Dynamic change of chromatin conformation in response to hypoxia enhances the expression of GLUT3 (SLC2A3) by cooperative interaction of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 and KDM3A. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3018-32 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insights into the interaction between HIF1 and KDM3A and also the epigenetic regulation of HIF1. ..
- Hanazawa M, Kawasaki I, Kunitomo H, Gengyo Ando K, Bennett K, Mitani S, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans eukaryotic initiation factor 5A homologue, IFF-1, is required for germ cell proliferation, gametogenesis and localization of the P-granule component PGL-1. Mech Dev. 2004;121:213-24 pubmed
- Azuma M, Ritprajak P, Hashiguchi M. Topical application of siRNA targeting cutaneous dendritic cells in allergic skin disease. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;623:373-81 pubmed publisher..Our method may be advantageous for the treatment of allergic skin diseases. ..
- Kanemitsu N, Isobe Y, Masuda A, Momose S, Higashi M, Tamaru J, et al. Expression of Epstein-Barr virus-encoded proteins in extranodal NK/T-cell Lymphoma, nasal type (ENKL): differences in biologic and clinical behaviors of LMP1-positive and -negative ENKL. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:2164-72 pubmed publisher..3% and 12.5%, respectively (P = 0.001, log-rank test). LMP1 expression shows correlations with phosphorylation of RelA and Akt and possibly has a favorable impact on clinical outcome in ENKL. ..
- Kuramitsu M, Hamaguchi I, Takuo M, Masumi A, Momose H, Takizawa K, et al. Deficient RPS19 protein production induces cell cycle arrest in erythroid progenitor cells. Br J Haematol. 2008;140:348-59 pubmed publisher..These in vitro phenotypes of genetically manipulated CD34(+) cells mimic DBA pathogenesis. ..
- Kon S, Ishibashi K, Katoh H, Kitamoto S, Shirai T, Tanaka S, et al. Cell competition with normal epithelial cells promotes apical extrusion of transformed cells through metabolic changes. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:530-541 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that non-cell-autonomous metabolic modulation is a crucial regulator for cell competition, shedding light on the unexplored events at the initial stage of carcinogenesis. ..
- Takasaka N, Araya J, Hara H, Ito S, Kobayashi K, Kurita Y, et al. Autophagy induction by SIRT6 through attenuation of insulin-like growth factor signaling is involved in the regulation of human bronchial epithelial cell senescence. J Immunol. 2014;192:958-68 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIRT6 is involved in CSE-induced HBEC senescence via autophagy regulation, which can be attributed to attenuation of IGF-Akt-mTOR signaling. ..
- Tanaka Y, Amano A, Morisaki M, Sato Y, Sasaki T. Cellular peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase Pin1 facilitates replication of feline coronavirus. Antiviral Res. 2016;126:1-7 pubmed publisher..Dipentamethylene thiuram monosulfide, a specific inhibitor of Pin1, inhibited FCoV replication. These data indicate that Pin1 modulates FCoV propagation. ..
- Futami M, Hatano T, Soda Y, Kobayashi S, Miyagishi M, Tojo A. RNAi-mediated silencing of p190Bcr-Abl inactivates Stat5 and cooperates with imatinib mesylate and 17-allylamino-17-demetoxygeldanamycin in selective killing of p190Bcr-Abl-expressing leukemia cells. Leukemia. 2008;22:1131-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, RNAi-mediated silencing of p190 is a promising option both for delineating signal transduction and for therapeutic application in 190(+) leukemia. ..
- Honda Y, Tanaka M, Honda S. Modulation of longevity and diapause by redox regulation mechanisms under the insulin-like signaling control in Caenorhabditis elegans. Exp Gerontol. 2008;43:520-9 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that the MnSOD systems in C. elegans fine-tune the insulin-like-signaling based regulation of both longevity and dauer formation by acting not as antioxidants but as physiological-redox-signaling modulators. ..
- Tamura Y, Matsumura K, Sano M, Tabata H, Kimura K, Ieda M, et al. Neural crest-derived stem cells migrate and differentiate into cardiomyocytes after myocardial infarction. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:582-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that NCSCs migrate into the BZA via MCP-1/CCR2 signaling and contribute to the provision of cardiomyocytes for cardiac regeneration after MI. ..
- Kida T, Tsubosaka Y, Hori M, Ozaki H, Murata T. Bile acid receptor TGR5 agonism induces NO production and reduces monocyte adhesion in vascular endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1663-9 pubmed publisher..TGR5 agonism induces NO production via Akt activation and intracellular Ca(2+) increase in vascular endothelial cells, and this function inhibits monocyte adhesion in response to inflammatory stimuli...
- Wu S, Nishiyama N, Kano M, Morishita Y, Miyazono K, Itaka K, et al. Enhancement of angiogenesis through stabilization of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 by silencing prolyl hydroxylase domain-2 gene. Mol Ther. 2008;16:1227-34 pubmed publisher..In the light of these findings, PHD2 silencing by RNAi might offer a potential tool for angiogenic therapy. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Shiraishi M, Fukami K, Tanabe A, Ikeda Matsuo Y, Naito Y, et al. MARCKS regulates lamellipodia formation induced by IGF-I via association with PIP2 and beta-actin at membrane microdomains. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:748-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel role for MARCKS in lamellipodia formation induced by IGF-I via the translocation of MARCKS, association with PIP2, and accumulation of beta-actin in the membrane microdomains. ..
- Suetsugu S, Kurisu S, Oikawa T, Yamazaki D, Oda A, Takenawa T. Optimization of WAVE2 complex-induced actin polymerization by membrane-bound IRSp53, PIP(3), and Rac. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:571-85 pubmed..Purified WAVE2 and purified WAVE2 complex were activated by IRSp53 in a Rac-dependent manner with PIP(3)-containing liposomes. Therefore, IRSp53 optimizes the activity of the WAVE2 complex in the presence of activated Rac and PIP(3). ..
- Chen Y, Takita J, Choi Y, Kato M, Ohira M, Sanada M, et al. Oncogenic mutations of ALK kinase in neuroblastoma. Nature. 2008;455:971-4 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that our findings will provide new insights into the pathogenesis of advanced neuroblastoma and that ALK-specific kinase inhibitors might improve its clinical outcome. ..
- Uchida Y, Hasegawa J, Chinnapen D, Inoue T, Okazaki S, Kato R, et al. Intracellular phosphatidylserine is essential for retrograde membrane traffic through endosomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15846-51 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover the molecular basis that controls the RE-to-Golgi transport and identify a unique PH domain that specifically recognizes PS but not polyphosphoinositides. ..
- Katsura M, Tsuruga T, Date O, Yoshihara T, Ishida M, Tomoda Y, et al. The ATR-Chk1 pathway plays a role in the generation of centrosome aberrations induced by Rad51C dysfunction. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:3959-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the mutant cells had a higher frequency of aneuploidy. These findings indicate that the ATR-Chk1 pathway plays a role in increased centrosome aberrations induced by Rad51C dysfunction. ..
- Tani H, Imamachi N, Salam K, Mizutani R, Ijiri K, Irie T, et al. Identification of hundreds of novel UPF1 target transcripts by direct determination of whole transcriptome stability. RNA Biol. 2012;9:1370-9 pubmed publisher..Many UPF1 targets in this study were newly identified. This study clearly demonstrates that direct determination of RNA stability is a powerful approach for identifying targets of RNA degradation factors. ..
- Tanida I, Ueno T, Kominami E. Human light chain 3/MAP1LC3B is cleaved at its carboxyl-terminal Met121 to expose Gly120 for lipidation and targeting to autophagosomal membranes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47704-10 pubmed..RNA interference of MAP1LC3B mRNA resulted in a decrease in both endogenous MAP1LC3B-PL and MAP1LC3B. These results indicate that the carboxyl terminus of MAP1LC3B is cleaved to expose Gly(120) for further ubiquitylation-like reactions. ..
- Sawa M, Takenawa T. Caenorhabditis elegans WASP-interacting protein homologue WIP-1 is involved in morphogenesis through maintenance of WSP-1 protein levels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:709-17 pubmed..Our results suggest that C. elegans WIP-1 may function in hypodermal cell migration during ventral enclosure by maintaining levels of WSP-1. ..
- Suzuki M, Saruwatari K, Kogure T, Yamamoto Y, Nishimura T, Kato T, et al. An acidic matrix protein, Pif, is a key macromolecule for nacre formation. Science. 2009;325:1388-90 pubmed publisher..The results from immunolocalization, a knockdown experiment that used RNA interference, and in vitro calcium carbonate crystallization studies strongly indicate that Pif regulates nacre formation. ..
- Sekiya M, Osuga J, Nagashima S, Ohshiro T, Igarashi M, Okazaki H, et al. Ablation of neutral cholesterol ester hydrolase 1 accelerates atherosclerosis. Cell Metab. 2009;10:219-28 pubmed publisher..Mice lacking both Nceh1 and Lipe aggravated atherosclerosis in an additive manner. Thus, Nceh1 is a promising target for the treatment of atherosclerosis...
- Perche F, Yi Y, Hespel L, Mi P, Dirisala A, Cabral H, et al. Hydroxychloroquine-conjugated gold nanoparticles for improved siRNA activity. Biomaterials. 2016;90:62-71 pubmed publisher..This modification significantly improved gene downregulation in cellulo. Altogether, our data suggest the benefit of this modification for the design of improved siRNA delivery systems. ..
- Tsujita K, Suetsugu S, Sasaki N, Furutani M, Oikawa T, Takenawa T. Coordination between the actin cytoskeleton and membrane deformation by a novel membrane tubulation domain of PCH proteins is involved in endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:269-79 pubmed..Furthermore, knockdown of endogenous FBP17 and CIP4 impaired endocytosis. Our data indicate that PCH protein family members couple membrane deformation to actin cytoskeleton reorganization in various cellular processes. ..
- Yamada S, Uchimura E, Ueda T, Nomura T, Fujita S, Matsumoto K, et al. Identification of twinfilin-2 as a factor involved in neurite outgrowth by RNAi-based screen. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:926-30 pubmed
- Chibazakura T, Kamachi K, Ohara M, Tane S, Yoshikawa H, Roberts J. Cyclin A promotes S-phase entry via interaction with the replication licensing factor Mcm7. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:248-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that interaction with Mcm7 is essential for the function of cyclin A in promoting S-phase entry. ..
- Sakai T, Hohjoh H. Gene silencing analyses against amyloid precursor protein (APP) gene family by RNA interference. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:952-6 pubmed..The results demonstrated that cell viability and neurite outgrowth of N2a cells undergoing knockdown of Aplp1 were significantly reduced, compared with N2a cells undergoing knockdown of either App or Aplp2. ..
- Kitajima T, Hauf S, Ohsugi M, Yamamoto T, Watanabe Y. Human Bub1 defines the persistent cohesion site along the mitotic chromosome by affecting Shugoshin localization. Curr Biol. 2005;15:353-9 pubmed..These results reveal a hitherto concealed role for human Bub1 in defining the persistent cohesion site of mitotic chromosomes. ..
- Shuno Y, Tsuno N, Okaji Y, Tsuchiya T, Sakurai D, Nishikawa T, et al. Id1/Id3 knockdown inhibits metastatic potential of pancreatic cancer. J Surg Res. 2010;161:76-82 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the Id proteins play a pivotal role in the development of peritoneal metastasis of pancreatic cancer, and consequently, their targeting would be a novel strategy for the prevention and treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Oguro A, Kubota H, Shimizu M, Ishiura S, Atomi Y. Protective role of the ubiquitin binding protein Tollip against the toxicity of polyglutamine-expansion proteins. Neurosci Lett. 2011;503:234-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that association of Tollip with polyubiquitin accelerates aggregation of toxic htt species into inclusions and thus provides a cell protective role by sequestration. ..
- Muratsu Ikeda S, Nangaku M, Ikeda Y, Tanaka T, Wada T, Inagi R. Downregulation of miR-205 modulates cell susceptibility to oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stresses in renal tubular cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41462 pubmed publisher..miR-205 may represent a novel therapeutic target in AKI and CKD associated with oxidative or ER stress in tubules. ..
- Inano S, Sato K, Katsuki Y, Kobayashi W, Tanaka H, Nakajima K, et al. RFWD3-Mediated Ubiquitination Promotes Timely Removal of Both RPA and RAD51 from DNA Damage Sites to Facilitate Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell. 2017;66:622-634.e8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal a mechanism that facilitates timely removal of RPA and RAD51 from DNA damage sites, which is crucial for progression to the late-phase HR and suppression of the FA phenotype. ..
- Arita M, Wakita T, Shimizu H. Characterization of pharmacologically active compounds that inhibit poliovirus and enterovirus 71 infectivity. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:2518-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GW5074 has strong and selective inhibitory effect against the replication of PV and EV71 by inhibiting conserved targets in the infection independently of the interferon response. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Yoshida S, Muroi E, Kawamura M, Kouchi Z, Nakamura Y, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and PIP5-kinase Ialpha are required for invadopodia formation in human breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1632-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that localized production of PI(4,5)P(2) by PIP5KIalpha is required for invadopodia formation and ECM degradation by human breast cancer cells. ..
- Kim J, Fukukawa C, Ueda K, Nishidate T, Katagiri T, Nakamura Y. Involvement of C12orf32 overexpression in breast carcinogenesis. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:861-7 pubmed..Our data suggest that C12orf32 is a promising molecular target for the development of novel anticancer drugs such as peptide vaccines and siRNA drugs. ..
- Yasuda S, Hasegawa T, Hosono T, Satoh M, Watanabe K, Ono K, et al. AW551984: a novel regulator of cardiomyogenesis in pluripotent embryonic cells. Biochem J. 2011;437:345-55 pubmed publisher..5 in ES cells during embryoid body formation. Our findings indicate that AW551984 is a novel regulator of cardiomyogenesis from pluripotent embryonic cells, which links Wnt/?-catenin signalling to Nkx2.5 expression. ..
- Tsuchiya M, Yoshida T, Taniguchi S, Yasuda K, Maeda A, Hayashi A, et al. In vivo suppression of mafA mRNA with siRNA and analysis of the resulting alteration of the gene expression profile in mouse pancreas by the microarray method. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:129-35 pubmed
- Kosaka N, Iguchi H, Yoshioka Y, Takeshita F, Matsuki Y, Ochiya T. Secretory mechanisms and intercellular transfer of microRNAs in living cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17442-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed a ray of light on the physiological relevance of secretory miRNAs. ..
- Sekiya T, Kashiwagi I, Yoshida R, Fukaya T, Morita R, Kimura A, et al. Nr4a receptors are essential for thymic regulatory T cell development and immune homeostasis. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:230-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Nr4a receptors have key roles in determining CD4(+) T cell fates in the thymus and thus contribute to immune homeostasis. ..
- Matsubara Y, Kawasaki I, Urushiyama S, Yasuda T, Shirakata M, Iino Y, et al. The adaptor-like protein ROG-1 is required for activation of the Ras-MAP kinase pathway and meiotic cell cycle progression in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Cells. 2007;12:407-20 pubmed..Thus, ROG-1 is a key positive regulator of the Ras-MAP kinase pathway that permits germ cells to exit from pachytene. ..
- Horie S, Sugita S, Futagami Y, Kawaguchi T, Kamoi K, Shirato S, et al. Human iris pigment epithelium suppresses activation of bystander T cells via TGFbeta-TGFbeta receptor interaction. Exp Eye Res. 2009;88:1033-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, cultured human iris pigment epithelium fully inhibits T cell activation in vitro. Our data support the hypothesis that the ocular resident cells play a critical role in immunosuppression in the eye...
- Ohnishi Y, Totoki Y, Toyoda A, Watanabe T, Yamamoto Y, Tokunaga K, et al. Small RNA class transition from siRNA/piRNA to miRNA during pre-implantation mouse development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:5141-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our current study reveals a major reprogramming of functional small RNAs during early mouse development from oocyte to blastocyst...
- Shibata T, Kokubu A, Saito S, Narisawa Saito M, Sasaki H, Aoyagi K, et al. NRF2 mutation confers malignant potential and resistance to chemoradiation therapy in advanced esophageal squamous cancer. Neoplasia. 2011;13:864-73 pubmed..Molecular signatures of NRF2 mutation can be applied as predictive markers of response to CRT, and efficient inhibition of aberrant NRF2 activation could be a promising approach in combination with CRT. ..
- Kaminuma O, Kitamura F, Miyatake S, Yamaoka K, Miyoshi H, Inokuma S, et al. T-box 21 transcription factor is responsible for distorted T(H)2 differentiation in human peripheral CD4+ T cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:813-23.e3 pubmed publisher..The expression of T-bet at a naive stage is crucial for the development of IFN-gamma-producing T cells in human peripheral blood, even in T(H)2-related diseases. ..
- Cho H, Toyokawa G, Daigo Y, Hayami S, Masuda K, Ikawa N, et al. The JmjC domain-containing histone demethylase KDM3A is a positive regulator of the G1/S transition in cancer cells via transcriptional regulation of the HOXA1 gene. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:E179-89 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that elevated expression of KDM3A plays a critical role in the growth of cancer cells, and further studies may reveal a cancer therapeutic potential in KDM3A inhibition. ..
- Uesaka N, Uchigashima M, Mikuni T, Nakazawa T, Nakao H, Hirai H, et al. Retrograde semaphorin signaling regulates synapse elimination in the developing mouse brain. Science. 2014;344:1020-3 pubmed publisher..These findings define how semaphorins retrogradely regulate multiple processes of synapse elimination. ..
- Maehama T, Tanaka M, Nishina H, Murakami M, Kanaho Y, Hanada K. RalA functions as an indispensable signal mediator for the nutrient-sensing system. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35053-9 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that RalGDS and RalA act downstream of Rheb and that RalA activation is a crucial step in nutrient-induced mTORC1 activation. ..
- Honda Y, Higashibata A, Matsunaga Y, Yonezawa Y, Kawano T, Higashitani A, et al. Genes down-regulated in spaceflight are involved in the control of longevity in Caenorhabditis elegans. Sci Rep. 2012;2:487 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that aging in C. elegans is slowed through neuronal and endocrine response to space environmental cues. ..
- Maekawa A, Pei Z, Suzuki M, Fukuda H, Ono Y, Kondo S, et al. Efficient production of adenovirus vector lacking genes of virus-associated RNAs that disturb cellular RNAi machinery. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1136 pubmed publisher..The resulting transduction titers of VA-deleted AdVs were sufficient for practical use. Therefore, VA-deleted AdVs may be substitute for current FG AdV. ..
- Tsukumo Y, Tomida A, Kitahara O, Nakamura Y, Asada S, Mori K, et al. Nucleobindin 1 controls the unfolded protein response by inhibiting ATF6 activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29264-72 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate that NUCB1 is the first-identified, Golgi-localized negative feedback regulator in the ATF6-mediated branch of the UPR. ..
- Takanashi M, Oikawa K, Fujita K, Kudo M, Kinoshita M, Kuroda M. Heterochromatin protein 1gamma epigenetically regulates cell differentiation and exhibits potential as a therapeutic target for various types of cancers. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:309-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate the novel function of HP1gamma in the epigenetic regulation of both cell differentiation and cancer development. ..
- Nihira K, Ando Y, Yamaguchi T, Kagami Y, Miki Y, Yoshida K. Pim-1 controls NF-kappaB signalling by stabilizing RelA/p65. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:689-98 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a model in which Pim-1 phosphorylation of RelA/p65 at Ser276 allows defense against ubiquitin-mediated degradation and whereby exerts activation of NF-kappaB signalling. ..
- Miyagawa R, Tano K, Mizuno R, Nakamura Y, Ijiri K, Rakwal R, et al. Identification of cis- and trans-acting factors involved in the localization of MALAT-1 noncoding RNA to nuclear speckles. RNA. 2012;18:738-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that RNPS1, SRm160, and IBP160 contribute to the localization of MALAT-1 to nuclear speckles, where MALAT-1 could be involved in regulating gene expression. ..