Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on retrospective studies in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: retrospective studies
Publications654 found, 100 shown here
- Ishii N, Itoh T, Horiki N, Matsuda M, Setoyama T, Suzuki S, et al. Endoscopic submucosal dissection with a combination of small-caliber-tip transparent hood and flex knife for large superficial colorectal neoplasias including ileocecal lesions. Surg Endosc. 2010;24:1941-7 pubmed publisher..The ESD approach is safe and effective for treating large superficial neoplasias of the ileocecal region such as other colorectal neoplasias. ..
- Hara S, Tsuji H, Ohmoto Y, Amakawa K, Hsieh S, Arase Y, et al. High serum uric acid level and low urine pH as predictors of metabolic syndrome: a retrospective cohort study in a Japanese urban population. Metabolism. 2012;61:281-8 pubmed publisher..A likelihood ratio test confirmed that high SUA and low urine pH act synergistically in the development of MetS. High SUA, low urine pH, and their combination are predictive risk factors for MetS development...
- Yuge K, Miyajima A, Tanaka N, Shirotake S, Kosaka T, Kikuchi E, et al. Prognostic value of renin-angiotensin system blockade in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:3987-93 pubmed publisher..Our data support further investigation of the role of RAS inhibitors as a potential therapy to decrease tumor recurrence in NMIBC. ..
- Yagi F, Sato Y, Takagi S, Tomita G. Idiopathic macular hole vitrectomy without postoperative face-down positioning. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2009;53:215-8 pubmed publisher..0001, repeated measures analysis of variance). Vitrectomy with ILM peeling and SF(6) gas tamponade for macular holes without face-down positioning achieved favorable anatomical and functional results. ..
- Tsuda H, Ito K, Yaegashi N, Hirasawa A, Sudo T, Kita T, et al. Relationship between ABCF2 expression and response to chemotherapy or prognosis in clear cell adenocarcinoma of the ovary. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:794-7 pubmed..24). Adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette superfamily F2 protein was highly expressed in CCC of the ovary, but expression was not related to age, clinical stage, chemoresponse, or prognosis. ..
- Suzuki F, Kubota T, Miyazaki Y, Ishikawa K, Ebisawa M, Hirohata S, et al. Serum level of soluble CX3CL1/fractalkine is elevated in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositis, which is correlated with disease activity. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R48 pubmed publisher..The interaction between CX3CL1 and CX3CR1 might contribute to the inflammatory cell infiltration into affected muscle and lung with ILD in PM patients and DM patients. Serum CX3CL1 level could be a surrogate marker of disease activity. ..
- Iijima R, Nagashima Y, Sato K, Tokue M, Araki T, Yamazaki K, et al. SYNTAX score predicts major bleeding following drug-eluting stent implantation in an all-comers population. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:54-62 pubmed publisher..These scores may be useful in clinical decision-making on revascularization strategies and on the optimal duration of dual antiplatelet therapy following drug-eluting stent implantation. ..
- Maeda M, Takuma T, Seki H, Ugajin K, Naito Y, Yoshikawa M, et al. Effect of interventions by an antimicrobial stewardship team on clinical course and economic outcome in patients with bloodstream infection. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:90-5 pubmed publisher..62; 95% confidence interval, 1.42-4.82; P = 0.002). An interdisciplinary AST intervention approach decreases the use of inappropriate therapy and may improve clinical outcomes in BSI patients. ..
- Yorifuji T, Kato T, Ohta H, Bellinger D, Matsuoka K, Grandjean P. Neurological and neuropsychological functions in adults with a history of developmental arsenic poisoning from contaminated milk powder. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2016;53:75-80 pubmed publisher..Developmental neurotoxicity due to arsenic likely results in permanent changes in brain functions. ..
- Konishi T, Ishida H, Ueno H, Kobayashi H, Hinoi T, Inoue Y, et al. Feasibility of laparoscopic total proctocolectomy with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis and total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis for familial adenomatous polyposis: results of a nationwide multicenter study. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:953-961 pubmed..Since the data indicate that laparoscopic TPC-IPAA and TC-IRA are feasible, they also support the recent increase in laparoscopic surgery for patients with FAP in Japan. ..
- Murai U, Nomura K, Kido M, Takeuchi T, Sugimoto M, Rahman M. Pre-pregnancy body mass index as a predictor of low birth weight infants in Japan. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:434-437 pubmed publisher..5-12.4 kg (the third lowest quartile) but this did not reach statistical significance. This study demonstrated that mothers who were underweight before pregnancy were independently associated with the delivery of LBW infants. ..
- Katayama Y, Yamamoto T, Kobayashi K, Kasai M, Oshima H, Fukaya C. Motor cortex stimulation for post-stroke pain: comparison of spinal cord and thalamic stimulation. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2001;77:183-6 pubmed..This may be one of the reasons why satisfactory pain control was obtained more frequently as the stimulation site was moved to higher levels...
- Kamisawa T, Egawa N, Nakajima H, Okamoto A. Clinical and radiological findings in dominance of Santorini's duct. Digestion. 2004;70:146-51 pubmed..Although Santorini's duct functions well in most cases in which it is dominant, pancreatitis or pancreatic-type pain occurs in half of such cases due to relative impairment of function of the minor duodenal papilla. ..
- Shigeeda T, Tomidokoro A, Chen Y, Shirato S, Araie M. Long-term follow-up of initial trabeculectomy with mitomycin C for primary open-angle glaucoma in Japanese patients. J Glaucoma. 2006;15:195-9 pubmed..9+/-2.4%. Long-term outcome after initial trabeculectomy with MMC in Japanese POAG patients is comparable with that reported in other populations and with that after trabeculectomy with 5-fluorouracil. ..
- Tsujino T, Kawabe T, Isayama H, Sasaki T, Kogure H, Togawa O, et al. Efficacy and safety of low-pressured and short-time dilation in endoscopic papillary balloon dilation for bile duct stone removal. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23:867-71 pubmed..Pancreatitis after EPBD is believed to be related to papillary damage after balloon dilation. We changed the dilation method to a theoretically less hazardous one. This modified dilation method was compared with the initial method...
- Chernov M, Ochiai T, Ono Y, Muragaki Y, Yamane F, Taira T, et al. Role of proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy in preoperative evaluation of patients with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurol Sci. 2009;285:212-9 pubmed publisher..Presence of significant bilateral metabolic alterations in the mesial temporal lobe structures is associated with worse postoperative seizure control. ..
- Sezai A, Kasamaki Y, Abe K, Hata M, Sekino H, Shimura K, et al. Assessment of the St. Jude Medical Regent prosthetic valve by continuous-wave Doppler and dobutamine stress echocardiography. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;89:87-92 pubmed publisher..Particularly, the effectiveness of the 17- and 19-mm valves in patients with a small aortic annulus was demonstrated, confirming the satisfactory functions of the SJM Regent prosthetic valve. ..
- Kobayashi T, Naganuma M, Okamoto S, Hisamatsu T, Inoue N, Ichikawa H, et al. Rapid endoscopic improvement is important for 1-year avoidance of colectomy but not for the long-term prognosis in cyclosporine A treatment for ulcerative colitis. J Gastroenterol. 2010;45:1129-37 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that treatment of severe UC with CSA requires consideration of both initial remission and long-term maintenance as management goals. ..
- Ichikawa H, Mukai M, Ohno H, Shimizu Y, Itaya K, Kawamura M. Deep white matter hyperintensities, decreased serum low-density lipoprotein, and dilative large arteriopathy. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012;21:225-30 pubmed publisher..An analysis including the BA area yielded similar results. DWMHs are manifestations of SVDs and show a strong association with lower serum LDL level, lower eGFR, and BA dilatation. ..
- Harada M, Osuga Y, Fujimoto A, Fujimoto A, Fujii T, Yano T, et al. Predictive factors for recurrence of ovarian mature cystic teratomas after surgical excision. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013;171:325-8 pubmed publisher..2%. A patient with young age (<30 years old) or large cyst (?8 cm in diameter) or bilateral cysts is at high risk of recurrence, which is even higher when a patient has more than one of these factors. ..
- Katsuno H, Maeda K, Hanai T, Koide Y, Matsuoka H, Sugihara K. Current status of local treatment for early rectal cancer in Japan: a questionnaire survey by the 81st Congress of the Japanese Society for Cancer of the Colon and Rectum (JSCCR) in 2014. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:320-328 pubmed publisher..Local treatment with various modalities was properly performed for early rectal cancer. The number of less invasive modalities, such as laparoscopic surgery and ESD, increased between study periods. ..
- Ohara N, Miyata T, Oshiro H, Shigematsu H. Surgical treatment for popliteal artery entrapment syndrome. Cardiovasc Surg. 2001;9:141-4 pubmed..This study was a retrospective review of 11 limbs of 10 patients with popliteal artery entrapment syndrome (PAES) treated surgically in a 20-yr period...
- Nakai Y, Isayama H, Kawabe T, Tsujino T, Yoshida H, Sasaki T, et al. Efficacy and safety of metallic stents in patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer receiving gemcitabine. Pancreas. 2008;37:405-10 pubmed publisher..Expandable metallic stents (EMSs) are widely used to palliate unresectable malignant biliary obstructions. The efficacy and safety of EMS in patients receiving gemcitabine (GEM) for unresectable pancreatic cancer is evaluated...
- Saisho Y, Kou K, Tanaka K, Abe T, Kurosawa H, Shimada A, et al. Postprandial serum C-peptide to plasma glucose ratio as a predictor of subsequent insulin treatment in patients with type 2 diabetes. Endocr J. 2011;58:315-22 pubmed..Our study indicates that among CPR measurements, postprandial CPR index is the best predictive marker for future insulin therapy. ..
- Takahashi Y, Nishida Y, Nakayama T, Asai S. Adverse effect profile of trichlormethiazide: a retrospective observational study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2011;10:45 pubmed publisher..These findings support the current trend in hypertension therapeutics to shift towards lower doses of thiazides. ..
- Furusaka T, Tanaka A, Matsuda H, Ikeda M. Consecutive daily low-dose S-1 adjuvant chemotherapy after radical treatment for squamous cell carcinoma in head and neck cancer. Acta Otolaryngol. 2011;131:1099-103 pubmed publisher..8%) and all were grade 1. Forty-three patients (82.7%) were able to complete the chemotherapy for 2 years without dose reduction. The 3-year disease-free survival rate and 3-year survival rate were 82.6% and 94.0%, respectively. ..
- Matsunuma R, Oguchi M, Fujikane T, Matsuura M, Sakai T, Kimura K, et al. Influence of lymphatic invasion on locoregional recurrence following mastectomy: indication for postmastectomy radiotherapy for breast cancer patients with one to three positive nodes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;83:845-52 pubmed publisher
- Chiba Y, Fujishiro H, Iseki E, Ota K, Kasanuki K, Hirayasu Y, et al. Retrospective survey of prodromal symptoms in dementia with Lewy bodies: comparison with Alzheimer's disease. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2012;33:273-81 pubmed publisher..Non-motor symptoms are recognized to enable the early detection of Parkinson's disease (PD). It remains unknown when those symptoms appear in dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB)...
- Aizawa Y, Sato M, Kitazawa H, Aizawa Y, Takatsuki S, Oda E, et al. Tachycardia-dependent augmentation of "notched J waves" in a general patient population without ventricular fibrillation or cardiac arrest: not a repolarization but a depolarization abnormality?. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:376-83 pubmed publisher..J waves in a general patient population were augmented at shorter RR intervals, but not at prolonged RR intervals. Mechanistically, conduction delay is most likely responsible for this. ..
- Hiraoka M, Amano S, Oshika T, Kato S, Hori S. Factors contributing to corneal complications after vitrectomy in diabetic patients. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2001;45:492-5 pubmed..Surgical invasion is a risk factor for corneal complications after vitrectomy in diabetic patients. ..
- Takei H, Asamura H, Maeshima A, Suzuki K, Kondo H, Niki T, et al. Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: a clinicopathologic study of eighty-seven cases. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002;124:285-92 pubmed
- Ikeda M, Yoshida S, Ikui A, Shigihara S. Canal wall down tympanoplasty with canal reconstruction for middle-ear cholesteatoma: post-operative hearing, cholesteatoma recurrence, and status of re-aeration of reconstructed middle-ear cavity. J Laryngol Otol. 2003;117:249-55 pubmed..It was revealed that the post-operative outcome of this surgical technique was significantly related to the state of re-aeration of the reconstructed middle-ear cavity. ..
- Takada K, Nagasaka K, Miyasaka N. Polymyositis/dermatomyositis and interstitial lung disease: a new therapeutic approach with T-cell-specific immunosuppressants. Autoimmunity. 2005;38:383-92 pubmed..FK506 may be advantageous even in refractory cases to CsA. These findings indicate that further investigation is warranted. Currently, prospective investigation of FK506 is underway. ..
- Takada K, Kishi J, Miyasaka N. Step-up versus primary intensive approach to the treatment of interstitial pneumonia associated with dermatomyositis/polymyositis: a retrospective study. Mod Rheumatol. 2007;17:123-30 pubmed..Prospective clinical investigation of this approach is now needed, but the limited clinical utility of CS as an initial treatment might ethically challenge clinical-trial designing. ..
- Nei T, Yamano Y, Sakai F, Kudoh S. Mycoplasma pneumoniae pneumonia: differential diagnosis by computerized tomography. Intern Med. 2007;46:1083-7 pubmed..0279, chi-square test). The diagnosis of M. pneumoniae pneumonia would appear to be reliable when we found bronchial wall thickening in the chest CT images. ..
- Sai K, Saito Y, Sakamoto H, Shirao K, Kurose K, Saeki M, et al. Importance of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1*6 for irinotecan toxicities in Japanese cancer patients. Cancer Lett. 2008;261:165-71 pubmed..012). This study further clarifies the clinical importance of *6 in irinotecan therapy in East Asians. ..
- Sekine I, Sumi M, Ito Y, Tanai C, Nokihara H, Yamamoto N, et al. Gender difference in treatment outcomes in patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer receiving concurrent chemoradiotherapy. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2009;39:707-12 pubmed publisher..These results contrast with the better survival in female patients undergoing surgery for localized disease or chemotherapy for metastatic disease. ..
- Ibukuro K, Tanaka R, Takeguchi T, Fukuda H, Abe S, Tobe K. Air embolism and needle track implantation complicating CT-guided percutaneous thoracic biopsy: single-institution experience. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009;193:W430-6 pubmed publisher..5-5.6 cm (mean, 3.5 cm). The incidence of air embolism with clinical symptoms and needle track implantation complicating percutaneous thoracic biopsy is more frequent than the previously reported rate. ..
- Hasegawa J, Sekizawa A, Farina A, Nakamura M, Matsuoka R, Ichizuka K, et al. Location of the placenta or the umbilical cord insertion site in the lowest uterine segment is associated with low maternal blood pressure. BJOG. 2011;118:1464-9 pubmed publisher..Not only placenta praevia but also low cord insertion are associated with low frequencies of pre-eclampsia and low maternal blood pressure. ..
- Watanabe T, Kobunai T, Yamamoto Y, Matsuda K, Ishihara S, Nozawa K, et al. Heterogeneity of KRAS status may explain the subset of discordant KRAS status between primary and metastatic colorectal cancer. Dis Colon Rectum. 2011;54:1170-8 pubmed publisher..However, KRAS status can be heterogeneous within a primary tumor, and thus different parts of such tumors should be examined for KRAS status to correctly predict the KRAS status in metastatic lesions. ..
- Suzuki K, Terui Y, Nishimura N, Mishima Y, Sakajiri S, Yokoyama M, et al. Prognostic value of C-reactive protein, lactase dehydrogenase and anemia in recurrent or refractory aggressive lymphoma. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2013;43:37-44 pubmed publisher..Elevated C-reactive protein level, elevated lactate dehydrogenase level and anemia before salvage treatment predicted poorer outcomes among patients with recurrent or refractory aggressive lymphoma. ..
- Marciano B, Huang C, Joshi G, Rezaei N, Carvalho B, Allwood Z, et al. BCG vaccination in patients with severe combined immunodeficiency: complications, risks, and vaccination policies. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1134-41 pubmed publisher..Until safer and more efficient antituberculosis vaccines become available, delay in BCG vaccination should be considered to protect highly vulnerable populations from preventable complications. ..
- Ogiya A, Kimura K, Nakashima E, Sakai T, Miyagi Y, Iijima K, et al. Long-term prognoses and outcomes of axillary lymph node recurrence in 2,578 sentinel lymph node-negative patients for whom axillary lymph node dissection was omitted: results from one Japanese hospital. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:318-22 pubmed publisher..TN patients also had poorer prognoses, even after receiving additional dissection and anticancer agents after recurrence. ..
- Fukushima K, Fukushima N, Kato K, Ejima K, Sato H, Fukushima K, et al. Correlation between left atrial appendage morphology and flow velocity in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;17:59-66 pubmed publisher..317, P = 0.0014; windsock: Î² = 0.303, P = 0.038]. LAA morphology is a significant determinant of LAAFV, suggesting an underlying mechanism for the association between LAA morphology and embolic events. ..
- Kadono Y, Nohara T, Ueno S, Izumi K, Kitagawa Y, Konaka H, et al. Validation of TNM classification for metastatic prostatic cancer treated using primary androgen deprivation therapy. World J Urol. 2016;34:261-7 pubmed publisher..Patient prognosis worsened with stage progression; therefore, current TNM classification system of mPC for PADT was shown to be trustworthy. Each PC cell that develops bone or lymphoid metastasis may exhibit different characteristics. ..
- Kobayashi R, Yamashita H, Okuma K, Ohtomo K, Nakagawa K. Details of recurrence sites after definitive radiation therapy for cervical cancer. J Gynecol Oncol. 2016;27:e16 pubmed publisher..The predominance of outside RT field recurrence alone highlights issues concerning distant control, including the intensity enhancement of systematic therapy. ..
- Ueda S, Miyamoto S, Kaida K, Chizuka A, Kojima R, Takano J, et al. Safety and efficacy of treatment with liposomal amphotericin B in elderly patients at least 65 years old with hematological diseases. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:287-91 pubmed publisher..8% and 62.5% of the elderly and younger groups, respectively. In conclusion, L-AMB therapy appeared to be acceptably safe as empirical therapy or treatment for invasive fungal infection. ..
- Arima K, Kowalska A, Hasegawa M, Mukoyama M, Watanabe R, Kawai M, et al. Two brothers with frontotemporal dementia and parkinsonism with an N279K mutation of the tau gene. Neurology. 2000;54:1787-95 pubmed..The authors demonstrated that the subunit structure of tau filaments is a pair of hollow tubules despite the prevailing twisted ribbon model. ..
- Miki T, Wada J, Haraoka J, Inaba I. Endoscopic transmaxillary reduction and balloon technique for blowout fractures of the orbital floor. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2004;47:359-64 pubmed
- Sakao Y, Miyamoto H, Sakuraba M, Oh T, Shiomi K, Sonobe S, et al. Prognostic significance of a histologic subtype in small adenocarcinoma of the lung: the impact of nonbronchioloalveolar carcinoma components. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83:209-14 pubmed..The second category is a mixed BAC, which demonstrates less invasive or aggressive biological behavior than the minimal or non-BAC type, with the degree of invasiveness being associated with the size of the non-BAC component. ..
- Kitayama J, Yasuda K, Kawai K, Sunami E, Nagawa H. Circulating lymphocyte is an important determinant of the effectiveness of preoperative radiotherapy in advanced rectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:64 pubmed publisher..In RC patients, peripheral blood lymphocytes have a significant impact on the CR rate in response to RT. Lymphocyte-mediated immune reactions are supposed to have positive roles on clinical response in radiotherapy for RC. ..
- Ishida N, Araki K, Sakai T, Kobayashi K, Kobayashi T, Fukada I, et al. Fulvestrant 500Â mg in postmenopausal patients with metastatic breast cancer: the initial clinical experience. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:617-23 pubmed publisher..Patients with acquired resistance to endocrine therapies might be good candidates for fulvestrant therapy regardless of the number of prior endocrine treatments. ..
- Wada H, Dohi T, Miyauchi K, Doi S, Naito R, Konishi H, et al. Prognostic Impact of the Geriatric Nutritional Risk Index on Long-Term Outcomes in Patients Who Underwent Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1740-1745 pubmed publisher..01). In conclusion, nutritional status was associated with long-term clinical outcomes in CAD patients after PCI. Evaluation of GNRI carries important prognostic information and may guide the therapeutic approach to such patients. ..
- Okahara K, Nagata N, Shimada T, Joya A, Hayashida T, Gatanaga H, et al. Colonic cytomegalovirus detection by mucosal PCR and antiviral therapy in ulcerative colitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183951 pubmed publisher..UC treatment without anti-CMV therapy may be warranted, particularly in patients with low-load CMV-DNA. Anti-CMV therapy alone does not always achieve clinical response in UC even in cases with high-load PCR. ..
- Kawai S, Ochi M, Nakagawa T, Goto H. Antimicrobial therapy in community-acquired pneumonia among emergency patients in a university hospital in Japan. J Infect Chemother. 2004;10:352-8 pubmed..Thus, the selection of appropriate initial antimicrobial agents is an important factor affecting the prognosis of patients with community-acquired pneumonia. ..
- Hayashi K, Osawa M, Aihara M, Izumi T, Ohtsuka Y, Haginoya K, et al. Efficacy of intravenous midazolam for status epilepticus in childhood. Pediatr Neurol. 2007;36:366-72 pubmed..The present results indicate that midazolam is highly effective for the management of status epilepticus, if used sufficiently early after seizure onset. ..
- Koga T, Shin M, Maruyama K, Terahara A, Saito N. Long-term outcomes of stereotactic radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations in the thalamus. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:398-403 pubmed publisher..Longer follow-up to evaluate the risk of delayed complications and the effort to minimize the morbidity is necessary. ..
- Ishibashi T, Ikegami N. Should the provision of home help services be contained?: validation of the new preventive care policy in Japan. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:224 pubmed publisher..No evidence was obtained to support the effectiveness of the policy of promoting day care services and containing home help services for those requiring light care. ..
- Yagioka H, Hirano K, Isayama H, Tsujino T, Sasahira N, Nagano R, et al. Clinical significance of bile cytology via an endoscopic nasobiliary drainage tube for pathological diagnosis of malignant biliary strictures. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2011;18:211-5 pubmed publisher..Although the sensitivity of ENBD cytology was inferior to that of the other methods used, ENBD cytology may contribute to the improvement of the total diagnostic sensitivity for malignancy. ..
- Nakai Y, Isayama H, Ijichi H, Sasaki T, Sasahira N, Hirano K, et al. Inhibition of renin-angiotensin system affects prognosis of advanced pancreatic cancer receiving gemcitabine. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:1644-8 pubmed publisher..032) and OS (P=0.014) in the multivariate analysis. The ACEIs/ARBs in combination with gemcitabine might improve clinical outcomes in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Prospective trials are needed to test this hypothesis. ..
- Sugai T, Suzuki Y, Yamazaki M, Shimoda K, Mori T, Ozeki Y, et al. Difference in prevalence of metabolic syndrome between Japanese outpatients and inpatients with schizophrenia: A nationwide survey. Schizophr Res. 2016;171:68-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we should pay more attention to the risk of physical disease in Japanese patients with schizophrenia, considering the difference in health characteristics between outpatients and inpatients. ..
- Ito K, Yoshiyama T, Wada M, Ogata H. [Miss-management in treatment failure of pulmonary tuberculosis]. Kekkaku. 2004;79:561-7 pubmed..To investigate the risk factor of treatment failure of pulmonary tuberculosis excluding multi-drug resistant cases from the standpoint of both clinical management and tuberculosis control...
- Sakuraba M, Sagara Y, Komatsu H. Surgical treatment of tuberculous abscess in the chest wall. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:964-7 pubmed..We recommend a complete resection of the abscess with rib resection, and postoperative treatment by tuberculous chemotherapy regimen. We consider that these treatments reduce postoperative recurrence. ..
- Iwamoto H, Hama K, Nakamura Y, Osamu K, Yokoyama T, Kihara Y, et al. Biliary complications after 52 adult living donor liver transplantations: a single-center experience. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:2539-41 pubmed publisher..In our series of ABO-incompatible patients undergoing ALDLT, those who developed hepatic artery thrombosis exhibited a high incidence of biliary complications. ..
- Nakamura M, Ishii K, Watanabe K, Tsuji T, Matsumoto M, Toyama Y, et al. Long-term surgical outcomes for myxopapillary ependymomas of the cauda equina. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:E756-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore, early diagnosis is essential, and a therapeutic strategy including radiotherapy, on the assumption that this tumor is malignant, should be established. ..
- Bouchi R, Babazono T, Yoshida N, Nyumura I, Toya K, Hayashi T, et al. Silent cerebral infarction is associated with the development and progression of nephropathy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Hypertens Res. 2010;33:1000-3 pubmed publisher..09-3.72, P=0.025) in the multivariate Cox regression model. Although the common pathogenesis of SCI and albuminuria in diabetic patients is still unclear, SCI may be a predictor of progression of nephropathy in type 2 diabetic patients. ..
- Veraitch O, Ohyama M, Yamagami J, Amagai M. Alopecia as a rare but distinct manifestation of pemphigus vulgaris. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013;27:86-91 pubmed publisher..This unusual clinical phenotype should alert physicians to PV as a potential diagnosis. ..
- Ohno Matsui K, Akiba M, Ishibashi T, Moriyama M. Observations of vascular structures within and posterior to sclera in eyes with pathologic myopia by swept-source optical coherence tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7290-8 pubmed publisher..We examined the intrascleral and retrobulbar blood vessels in highly myopic eyes by swept-source optical coherence tomography (swept-source OCT)...
- Okumura K, Io H, Matsumoto M, Seto T, Takagi M, Masuda A, et al. Predictive factors associated with change rates of LV hypertrophy and renal dysfunction in CKD patients. Clin Nephrol. 2013;79:7-14 pubmed publisher..It appears that treatment of renal and iron deficiency anemia might prevent progression of renal dysfunction. To prevent LV hypertrophy in CKD patients, renal anemia, hypertension and proteinuria should be treated. ..
- Nakayama M, Keino H, Okada A, Watanabe T, Taki W, Inoue M, et al. Enhanced depth imaging optical coherence tomography of the choroid in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. Retina. 2012;32:2061-9 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to analyze subfoveal choroidal thickness by EDI-OCT before and after the initiation of high-dose corticosteroid treatment in 8 patients (16 eyes) with new-onset acute Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) disease...
- Ueda K, Terui Y, Yokoyama M, Sakajiri S, Nishimura N, Tsuyama N, et al. Non-gastric advanced mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma has worse prognosis than gastric MALT lymphoma even when treated with rituximab-containing chemotherapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013;54:1928-33 pubmed publisher..82%, p = 0.043). Patients with localized disease had significantly better 3-year PFS than those with advanced disease (94% vs. 73%, p = 0.026). Upon multivariate analysis, non-gastric lymphoma retained prognostic significance for PFS. ..
- Gatanaga H, Hayashida T, Tanuma J, Oka S. Prophylactic effect of antiretroviral therapy on hepatitis B virus infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56:1812-9 pubmed publisher..0%) than in those during no ART and other ART (7.1%) (P = .029). LAM- and TDF-containing ART regimens seem to provide prophylaxis against HBV infection, although drug-resistant strains seem to evade these effects. ..
- Fukuda I, Hizuka N, Ishikawa Y, Yasumoto K, Murakami Y, Sata A, et al. Clinical features of insulin-like growth factor-II producing non-islet-cell tumor hypoglycemia. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2006;16:211-6 pubmed..The BMI (21.4+/-0.6 kg/m2) and serum total protein levels (6.6+/-0.1g/dl) were preserved at the occurrence of first hypoglycemic attack suggesting that malnutrition might not be the main cause of hypoglycemia in most patients. ..
- Suga H, Okazaki M, Sarukawa S, Takushima A, Asato H. Free jejunal transfer for patients with a history of esophagectomy and gastric pull-up. Ann Plast Surg. 2007;58:182-5 pubmed..Even in patients with a history of esophagectomy and gastric pull-up, free jejunal transfer can be performed safely, although the functional outcome of swallowing is not always satisfactory. ..
- Suzuki M, Hashimoto S, Kano S, Okitsu T. Prevalence of acoustic neuroma associated with each configuration of pure tone audiogram in patients with asymmetric sensorineural hearing loss. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2010;119:615-8 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of acoustic neuroma associated with each configuration of the pure tone audiogram in patients with asymmetric sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL)...
- Yagi M, King A, Boachie Adjei O. Incidence, risk factors, and natural course of proximal junctional kyphosis: surgical outcomes review of adult idiopathic scoliosis. Minimum 5 years of follow-up. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:1479-89 pubmed publisher..A retrospective case series of surgically treated patients with adult scoliosis...
- Yagi M, Hasegawa J, Nagoshi N, Iizuka S, Kaneko S, Fukuda K, et al. Does the intraoperative tranexamic acid decrease operative blood loss during posterior spinal fusion for treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis?. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:E1336-42 pubmed publisher..A multicenter randomized prospective analysis would provide additional information of the efficacy and safety of TXA. ..
- Nakazawa T, Hidaka H, Takada J, Okuwaki Y, Tanaka Y, Watanabe M, et al. Early increase in ?-fetoprotein for predicting unfavorable clinical outcomes in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenib. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;25:683-9 pubmed publisher..There was no association between early increase in DCP and clinical outcomes. Early increase in AFP predicted PD and poorer survival and may thus be a useful biomarker in patients with advanced HCC who receive sorafenib. ..
- Suzuki S, Furukawa T, Oshima N, Izumo W, Shimizu K, Yamamoto M. Original Scientific Reports: Clinicopathological Findings of Remnant Pancreatic Cancers in Survivors Following Curative Resections of Pancreatic Cancers. World J Surg. 2016;40:974-81 pubmed publisher..Long-term survivors after curative resection for pancreatic cancer should receive follow-up for remnant pancreatic cancer, and aggressive resection should be considered for more favorable prognosis of PDAC. ..
- Watanabe A, Muragaki Y, Maruyama T, Shinoda J, Okada Y. Usefulness of Â¹Â¹C-methionine positron emission tomography for treatment-decision making in cases of non-enhancing glioma-like brain lesions. J Neurooncol. 2016;126:577-83 pubmed publisher..90, since it may be associated with significant risk of tumor progression and clinical deterioration during follow-up. ..
- Wada K, Murata Y, Kanaya K, Kato Y. Spinal surgery following renal transplantation. J Orthop Sci. 2016;21:128-32 pubmed publisher..Our data also showed a high rate of surgical site infection and pseudoarthrosis after fusion surgery. ..
- Chuenchompoonut V, Ida M, Honda E, Kurabayashi T, Sasaki T. Accuracy of panoramic radiography in assessing the dimensions of radiolucent jaw lesions with distinct or indistinct borders. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2003;32:80-6 pubmed..5% to 1.1% depending on the type of lesions. PR is accurate for assessing the dimensions of radiolucent lesions in the posterior mandible when the margins are well defined. ..
- Seto Y, Fukuda T, Yamada K, Matsubara T, Hiki N, Fukunaga T, et al. Celiac lymph nodes: distant or regional for thoracic esophageal carcinoma?. Dis Esophagus. 2008;21:704-7 pubmed publisher..Revision of the TNM classification to account for celiac node involvement in thoracic esophageal carcinoma, especially of the middle and lower portions, is needed. ..
- Abe S, Okumura A, Hamano S, Tanaka M, Shiihara T, Aizaki K, et al. Early infantile manifestations of incontinentia pigmenti mimicking acute encephalopathy. Brain Dev. 2011;33:28-34 pubmed publisher..Magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities were predominant in the subcortical areas in most patients. ..
- Saisho Y, Miyakoshi K, Tanaka M, Shimada A, Ikenoue S, Kadohira I, et al. Beta cell dysfunction and its clinical significance in gestational diabetes. Endocr J. 2010;57:973-80 pubmed..The level of beta cell dysfunction in GDM was associated with the severity of glucose intolerance and total insulin dosage required. These findings underpin clinical significance of beta cell dysfunction in GDM. ..
- Ichinose J, Nagayama K, Hino H, Nitadori J, Anraku M, Murakawa T, et al. Results of surgical treatment for secondary spontaneous pneumothorax according to underlying diseases. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:1132-6 pubmed publisher..However, a careful examination of surgical indication and a realistic disclosure for informed consent are required for patients with SSP caused by IP, because of the high treatment failure rate. ..
- Takiyama A, Tanaka T, Yamamoto Y, Hata K, Ishihara S, Nozawa H, et al. Microsatellite Status of Primary Colorectal Cancer Predicts the Incidence of Postoperative Colorectal Neoplasms. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5785-5790 pubmed..Few studies have evaluated the risk of postoperative colorectal neoplasms stratified by the nature of primary colorectal cancer (CRC). In this study, we revealed it on the basis of the microsatellite (MS) status of primary CRC...
- Ohtake Y, Tanino T, Suzuki Y, Miyata H, Taomoto M, Azuma N, et al. Phenotype of cytochrome P4501B1 gene (CYP1B1) mutations in Japanese patients with primary congenital glaucoma. Br J Ophthalmol. 2003;87:302-4 pubmed..Age at onset was earlier in PCG patients with CYP1B1 mutations than in patients without mutations. Women were more prevalent among patients with mutations than those without mutations. ..