Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on repressor proteins in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Topic: repressor proteins
- Tachibana M, Sugimoto K, Fukushima T, Shinkai Y. Set domain-containing protein, G9a, is a novel lysine-preferring mammalian histone methyltransferase with hyperactivity and specific selectivity to lysines 9 and 27 of histone H3. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25309-17 pubmed..This finding indicates that G9a may contribute to the organization of the higher order chromatin structure of non-centromeric loci. ..
- Yurugi H, Tanida S, Akita K, Ishida A, Toda M, Nakada H. Prohibitins function as endogenous ligands for Siglec-9 and negatively regulate TCR signaling upon ligation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:376-81 pubmed publisher..In parallel with inhibition of the ERK cascade, IL-2 production was markedly decreased in Jurkat cells. Thus, this interaction may be a useful immunotherapeutic target. ..
- Sonoshita M, Aoki M, Fuwa H, Aoki K, Hosogi H, Sakai Y, et al. Suppression of colon cancer metastasis by Aes through inhibition of Notch signaling. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:125-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inhibition of Notch signaling can be a promising strategy for prevention and treatment of colon cancer metastasis. ..
- Itatani Y, Sonoshita M, Kakizaki F, Okawa K, Stifani S, Itoh H, et al. Characterization of Aes nuclear foci in colorectal cancer cells. J Biochem. 2016;159:133-40 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of the HSC70 ATPase activity with VER155008 reduces Aes focus formation. These results provide insight into the understanding of Aes-mediated inhibition of Notch signalling. ..
- Hirayama J, Fukuda I, Ishikawa T, Kobayashi Y, Todo T. New role of zCRY and zPER2 as regulators of sub-cellular distributions of zCLOCK and zBMAL proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:935-43 pubmed..zCRY1a acts as a potent transcriptional inhibitor by interacting directly with the zCLOCK:zBMAL heterodimer in the nucleus, whereas zPER2 maintains the zCLOCK:zBMAL heterodimer in the cytoplasm, resulting in transactivation repression. ..
- Kobayashi T, Kakizuka A. Molecular analyses of Machado-Joseph disease. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2003;100:261-75 pubmed
- Yamamoto T, Hara H, Tsuchiya K, Sakai S, Fang R, Matsuura M, et al. Listeria monocytogenes strain-specific impairment of the TetR regulator underlies the drastic increase in cyclic di-AMP secretion and beta interferon-inducing ability. Infect Immun. 2012;80:2323-32 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the strong IFN-?-inducing ability of LO28 is due to a genetic defect in tetR resulting in the overexpression of mdrT and a concomitant increase in the secretion of cyclic di-AMP through MdrT. ..
- Suzuki T, Ota Y, Ri M, Bando M, Gotoh A, Itoh Y, et al. Rapid discovery of highly potent and selective inhibitors of histone deacetylase 8 using click chemistry to generate candidate libraries. J Med Chem. 2012;55:9562-75 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HDAC8-selective inhibitors have potential as anticancer agents. ..
- Yoshida H, Matsui T, Yamamoto A, Okada T, Mori K. XBP1 mRNA is induced by ATF6 and spliced by IRE1 in response to ER stress to produce a highly active transcription factor. Cell. 2001;107:881-91 pubmed..Our results reveal features of the UPR conserved during evolution and clarify the relationship between IRE1- and ATF6-dependent pathways. ..
- Sugai M, Gonda H, Kusunoki T, Katakai T, Yokota Y, Shimizu A. Essential role of Id2 in negative regulation of IgE class switching. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:25-30 pubmed..Id2 might act as molecular safeguard to suppress IgE CSR to prevent serious complications such as allergic hypersensitivity during the normal course of immune responses. ..
- Yamamoto N, Tanigaki K, Tsuji M, Yabe D, Ito J, Honjo T. Inhibition of Notch/RBP-J signaling induces hair cell formation in neonate mouse cochleas. J Mol Med (Berl). 2006;84:37-45 pubmed
- Chikuma S, Suita N, Okazaki I, Shibayama S, Honjo T. TRIM28 prevents autoinflammatory T cell development in vivo. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:596-603 pubmed publisher..Notably, CKO Foxp3(+) T cells were unable to prevent the autoimmune phenotype in vivo. Our results show critical roles for TRIM28 in both T cell activation and T cell tolerance. ..
- Shindo K, Takaori Kondo A, Kobayashi M, Abudu A, Fukunaga K, Uchiyama T. The enzymatic activity of CEM15/Apobec-3G is essential for the regulation of the infectivity of HIV-1 virion but not a sole determinant of its antiviral activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44412-6 pubmed..Furthermore, all the deletion mutants tested in this study lost the antiviral activity because of the loss of the activity for dimerization, suggesting that the entire protein structure is necessary for the antiviral function. ..
- Nakagawa Y, Kuwahara K, Harada M, Takahashi N, Yasuno S, Adachi Y, et al. Class II HDACs mediate CaMK-dependent signaling to NRSF in ventricular myocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2006;41:1010-22 pubmed
- Sugawara F, Yamada Y, Watanabe R, Ban N, Miyawaki K, Kuroe A, et al. The role of the TSC-22 (-396) A/G variant in the development of diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003;60:191-7 pubmed..33). There was no significant difference in the promoter activity between the fragments with -396A and -396G. These findings suggest that the TSC-22 gene (-396) A allele is associated with an increasing risk of the diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Sasada A, Takaori Kondo A, Shirakawa K, Kobayashi M, Abudu A, Hishizawa M, et al. APOBEC3G targets human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Retrovirology. 2005;2:32 pubmed..These results suggest that APOBEC3G might act on HTLV-1 through different mechanisms from that on HIV-1 and contribute to the unique features of HTLV-1 infection and transmission. ..
- Ishii K, Kanatsu Shinohara M, Toyokuni S, Shinohara T. FGF2 mediates mouse spermatogonial stem cell self-renewal via upregulation of Etv5 and Bcl6b through MAP2K1 activation. Development. 2012;139:1734-43 pubmed publisher..These results show that FGF2 depends on MAP2K1 signaling to drive SSC self-renewal via upregulation of the Etv5 and Bcl6b genes...
- Goto Y, Kimura H. Inactive X chromosome-specific histone H3 modifications and CpG hypomethylation flank a chromatin boundary between an X-inactivated and an escape gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:7416-28 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that local DNA hypomethylation and CTCF binding are involved in the formation of a chromatin boundary, which protects the UBA1 escape gene against the chromosome-wide transcriptional silencing. ..
- Hatakeyama J, Sakamoto S, Kageyama R. Hes1 and Hes5 regulate the development of the cranial and spinal nerve systems. Dev Neurosci. 2006;28:92-101 pubmed..These results indicate that Hes1 and Hes5 play an important role in the formation of the cranial and spinal nerve systems. ..
- Hirose Y, Varga Z, Kondoh H, Furutani Seiki M. Single cell lineage and regionalization of cell populations during Medaka neurulation. Development. 2004;131:2553-63 pubmed
- Nakahigashi K, Ron E, Yanagi H, Yura T. Differential and independent roles of a sigma(32) homolog (RpoH) and an HrcA repressor in the heat shock response of Agrobacterium tumefaciens. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:7509-15 pubmed..We conclude that RpoH plays a major and global role in the induction of most heat shock proteins, whereas HrcA plays a restricted role in repressing groE expression under nonstress conditions...
- Akagi T, Tsujimoto T, Ikegami A, Yonemori K. Effects of seasonal temperature changes on DkMyb4 expression involved in proanthocyanidin regulation in two genotypes of persimmon (Diospyros kaki Thunb.) fruit. Planta. 2011;233:883-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a cool ambient temperature may have induced DkMyb4 expression and resultant PA accumulation, but did not directly affect the expression of the AST gene...
- Kimura T, Kambe T. The Functions of Metallothionein and ZIP and ZnT Transporters: An Overview and Perspective. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:336 pubmed publisher..The present review updates our current understanding of the biological functions of MTs and ZIP and ZnT transporters from several new perspectives. ..
- Tezuka N, Brown A, Yanagawa S. GRB10 binds to LRP6, the Wnt co-receptor and inhibits canonical Wnt signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:648-54 pubmed..The finding that GRB10 interferes with the binding of Axin to LRP6 indicated a possible molecular mechanism by which the overexpression of GRB10 suppresses Wnt signaling. ..
- Kitagawa M, Hojo M, Imayoshi I, Goto M, Ando M, Ohtsuka T, et al. Hes1 and Hes5 regulate vascular remodeling and arterial specification of endothelial cells in brain vascular development. Mech Dev. 2013;130:458-66 pubmed publisher..Hes1 and Hes5 represent critical transducers of Notch signals in brain vascular development. ..
- Hata L, Murakami M, Kuwahara K, Nakagawa Y, Kinoshita H, Usami S, et al. Zinc-finger protein 90 negatively regulates neuron-restrictive silencer factor-mediated transcriptional repression of fetal cardiac genes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;50:972-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that Zfp90 functions as a negative regulator of NRSF and contributes to genetic remodeling during the development of cardiac dysfunction. ..
- Hiruma K, Nishiuchi T, Kato T, Bednarek P, Okuno T, Schulze Lefert P, et al. Arabidopsis ENHANCED DISEASE RESISTANCE 1 is required for pathogen-induced expression of plant defensins in nonhost resistance, and acts through interference of MYC2-mediated repressor function. Plant J. 2011;67:980-92 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EDR1 exerts a positive and critical role in resistance responses to hemibiotrophic/necrotrophic fungi, in part by inducing antifungal protein expression through derepression of MYC2 function. ..
- Moriyama K, Tagami T, Akamizu T, Usui T, Saijo M, Kanamoto N, et al. Thyroid hormone action is disrupted by bisphenol A as an antagonist. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:5185-90 pubmed..This is the first report that BPA can antagonize T(3) action at the transcriptional level. BPA may disrupt the function of various types of nuclear hormone receptors and their cofactors to disturb our internal hormonal environment. ..
- Su J, Takeda K, Tamura S, Fujiki Y, Miki K. Crystal structure of the conserved N-terminal domain of the peroxisomal matrix protein import receptor, Pex14p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:417-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Phe-35 and Phe-52 are essential for the Pex14p functions, including the interaction between Pex14p and Pex5p. ..
- Kagiwada S, Kurimoto K, Hirota T, Yamaji M, Saitou M. Replication-coupled passive DNA demethylation for the erasure of genome imprints in mice. EMBO J. 2013;32:340-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings necessitate the re-evaluation of and provide novel insights into the mechanism of genome-wide DNA demethylation in PGCs...
- Tsuneyoshi N, Sumi T, Onda H, Nojima H, Nakatsuji N, Suemori H. PRDM14 suppresses expression of differentiation marker genes in human embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:899-905 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PRDM14 is involved in the maintenance of the self-renewal of human ES cells by suppression of gene expression. ..
- Komori H, Matsunaga F, Higuchi Y, Ishiai M, Wada C, Miki K. Crystal structure of a prokaryotic replication initiator protein bound to DNA at 2.6 A resolution. EMBO J. 1999;18:4597-607 pubmed publisher..The structure also suggests that superhelical DNA induced at the origin of plasmid F by four RepEs and one HU dimer has an essential role in the initiation of DNA replication...
- Mori S, Nishikawa S, Yokota Y. Lactation defect in mice lacking the helix-loop-helix inhibitor Id2. EMBO J. 2000;19:5772-81 pubmed..A decrease in the DNA binding activity of Stat5 was also observed in Id2(-/-) mammary glands at 7 days post-coitus. Our results indicate an indispensable role of Id2 in pregnant mammary glands. ..
- Miyake M, Yamashiro K, Nakanishi H, Nakata I, Akagi Kurashige Y, Tsujikawa A, et al. Association of paired box 6 with high myopia in Japanese. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2726-35 pubmed..The current study showed a significant association of PAX6 with high and extreme myopia in Japanese participants. The A allele of rs644242 is a protective allele. ..
- Hatakeyama J, Bessho Y, Katoh K, Ookawara S, Fujioka M, Guillemot F, et al. Hes genes regulate size, shape and histogenesis of the nervous system by control of the timing of neural stem cell differentiation. Development. 2004;131:5539-50 pubmed
- Ehira S, Teramoto H, Inui M, Yukawa H. Regulation of Corynebacterium glutamicum heat shock response by the extracytoplasmic-function sigma factor SigH and transcriptional regulators HspR and HrcA. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:2964-72 pubmed publisher..glutamicum heat shock response. Upregulation of 18 genes encoding transcriptional regulators by heat shock suggests a complex regulatory network of heat shock response in C. glutamicum. ..
- Bessho Y, Hirata H, Masamizu Y, Kageyama R. Periodic repression by the bHLH factor Hes7 is an essential mechanism for the somite segmentation clock. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1451-6 pubmed..Thus, periodic repression by Hes7 protein is critical for the cyclic transcription of Hes7 and Lfng, and this negative feedback represents a molecular basis for the segmentation clock. ..
- Mizuhara E, Nakatani T, Minaki Y, Sakamoto Y, Ono Y. Corl1, a novel neuronal lineage-specific transcriptional corepressor for the homeodomain transcription factor Lbx1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3645-55 pubmed..Identification of a novel transcriptional corepressor with neuronal subtype-restricted expression might provide insights into the mechanisms of cell fate determination in neurons. ..
- Ikawa T, Fujimoto S, Kawamoto H, Katsura Y, Yokota Y. Commitment to natural killer cells requires the helix-loop-helix inhibitor Id2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5164-9 pubmed..Expression of Id2 was correlated with p-NK activity. Our results suggest that Id2 is indispensable in thymic NK cell development, where it most probably restricts bipotent T/NK progenitors to the NK cell lineage. ..
- Aoyama T, Okamoto T, Kohno Y, Fukiage K, Otsuka S, Furu M, et al. Cell-specific epigenetic regulation of ChM-I gene expression: crosstalk between DNA methylation and histone acetylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:124-30 pubmed..These results represent an example of the plasticity of differentiation being regulated by the cell-specific plasticity of epigenetic regulation. ..
- Sakamoto M, Hirata H, Ohtsuka T, Bessho Y, Kageyama R. The basic helix-loop-helix genes Hesr1/Hey1 and Hesr2/Hey2 regulate maintenance of neural precursor cells in the brain. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44808-15 pubmed..These results indicate that Hesr1 and Hesr2 negatively regulate neuronal bHLH genes, promote maintenance of neural precursor cells, and increase late-born cell types in the developing brain. ..
- Hishiki T, Ohshima T, Ego T, Shimotohno K. BCL3 acts as a negative regulator of transcription from the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 long terminal repeat through interactions with TORC3. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28335-43 pubmed..In addition to stimulating transcription from the HTLV-1 LTR, Tax also enhances BCL3 expression; thus, transcription from the LTR is regulated by both positive and negative feedback mechanisms. ..
- Oceguera Yanez F, Kimura K, Yasuda S, Higashida C, Kitamura T, Hiraoka Y, et al. Ect2 and MgcRacGAP regulate the activation and function of Cdc42 in mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:221-32 pubmed..These results suggest that Ect2 and MgcRacGAP regulate the activation and function of Cdc42 in mitosis. ..
- Agata Y, Matsuda E, Shimizu A. Two novel Krüppel-associated box-containing zinc-finger proteins, KRAZ1 and KRAZ2, repress transcription through functional interaction with the corepressor KAP-1 (TIF1beta/KRIP-1). J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16412-22 pubmed
- Takata K, Kitamura Y, Tsuchiya D, Kawasaki T, Taniguchi T, Shimohama S. High mobility group box protein-1 inhibits microglial Abeta clearance and enhances Abeta neurotoxicity. J Neurosci Res. 2004;78:880-91 pubmed..These results suggest that HMGB1 released from dying neurons may inhibit microglial Abeta42 clearance and enhance the neurotoxicity of Abeta42. HMGB1 may thus be another target in the investigation of a therapeutic strategy for AD. ..
- Hayashi K, Ogushi S, Kurimoto K, Shimamoto S, Ohta H, Saitou M. Offspring from oocytes derived from in vitro primordial germ cell-like cells in mice. Science. 2012;338:971-5 pubmed publisher..Our culture system serves as a robust foundation for the investigation of key properties of female germ cells, including the acquisition of totipotency, and for the reconstitution of whole female germ cell development in vitro...
- Hatakeyama J, Kageyama R. Notch1 expression is spatiotemporally correlated with neurogenesis and negatively regulated by Notch1-independent Hes genes in the developing nervous system. Cereb Cortex. 2006;16 Suppl 1:i132-7 pubmed..We propose that initiation of Notch1 expression is one of the key features for switch from the symmetric to asymmetric cell divisions of neural stem cells and that this process is negatively regulated by Notch1-independent Hes genes. ..
- Marsan E, Ishida S, Schramm A, Weckhuysen S, Muraca G, Lecas S, et al. Depdc5 knockout rat: A novel model of mTORopathy. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;89:180-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether, Depdc5 knockout rats exhibit multiple features of rodent models of mTORopathies, and thus, stand as a relevant model to study their underlying pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Terao C, Kawaguchi T, Dieude P, Varga J, Kuwana M, Hudson M, et al. Transethnic meta-analysis identifies GSDMA and PRDM1 as susceptibility genes to systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1150-1158 pubmed publisher..Enrichment analysis suggested the importance of CD4-naïve primary T cell. GSDMA and PRDM1 are associated with SSc. These findings provide enhanced insight into the genetic and biological basis of SSc. ..
- Endo M, Nakamura S, Araki T, Mochizuki N, Nagatani A. Phytochrome B in the mesophyll delays flowering by suppressing FLOWERING LOCUS T expression in Arabidopsis vascular bundles. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1941-52 pubmed..Hence, a novel intertissue signaling from mesophyll to vascular bundles is revealed as a critical step for the regulation of flowering by phyB. ..
- Tachibana M, Sugimoto K, Nozaki M, Ueda J, Ohta T, Ohki M, et al. G9a histone methyltransferase plays a dominant role in euchromatic histone H3 lysine 9 methylation and is essential for early embryogenesis. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1779-91 pubmed..Our results indicate that euchromatic H3-K9 methylation regulated by G9a is essential for early embryogenesis and is involved in the transcriptional repression of developmental genes...
- Shinohara R, Thumkeo D, Kamijo H, Kaneko N, Sawamoto K, Watanabe K, et al. A role for mDia, a Rho-regulated actin nucleator, in tangential migration of interneuron precursors. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:373-80, S1-2 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Rho signaling via mDia and ROCK critically regulates nuclear translocation through F-actin dynamics in tangential migration, whereas this mechanism is dispensable in radial migration. ..
- Begum N, Stanlie A, Nakata M, Akiyama H, Honjo T. The histone chaperone Spt6 is required for activation-induced cytidine deaminase target determination through H3K4me3 regulation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32415-29 pubmed..We conclude that Spt6 is a unique histone chaperone capable of regulating the histone epigenetic state of both AID targets and the AID locus. ..
- Ueo T, Imayoshi I, Kobayashi T, Ohtsuka T, Seno H, Nakase H, et al. The role of Hes genes in intestinal development, homeostasis and tumor formation. Development. 2012;139:1071-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that Hes genes cooperatively regulate intestinal development and homeostasis and raised the possibility that Hes1 is a promising target to induce the differentiation of tumor cells. ..
- Yurugi H, Tanida S, Ishida A, Akita K, Toda M, Inoue M, et al. Expression of prohibitins on the surface of activated T cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:275-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that prohibitins expressed on the surface of activated T cells are involved in the T cell receptor-mediated signaling cascade. ..
- Kusunoki T, Sugai M, Katakai T, Omatsu Y, Iyoda T, Inaba K, et al. TH2 dominance and defective development of a CD8+ dendritic cell subset in Id2-deficient mice. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;111:136-42 pubmed..Id2 is an indispensable regulator of the TH1/TH2 balance, possibly through the proper development of CD8alpha+ DCs, and could be a novel target to treat allergic diseases. ..
- Chen N, Zinchenko A, Yoshikawa Y, Araki S, Adachi S, Yamazoe M, et al. ATP-induced shrinkage of DNA with MukB protein and the MukBEF complex of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3731-7 pubmed publisher..Stretching experiments on the shrunken DNA molecules in the presence of ATP and MukBEF indicated a cross-bridging interaction between DNA molecules. ..
- Bae S, Bessho Y, Hojo M, Kageyama R. The bHLH gene Hes6, an inhibitor of Hes1, promotes neuronal differentiation. Development. 2000;127:2933-43 pubmed
- Koyanagi T, Katayama T, Suzuki H, Kumagai H. Altered oligomerization properties of N316 mutants of Escherichia coli TyrR. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:8238-43 pubmed publisher..ADP was substituted for ATP in the oligomer formation of TyrR(N316D). ..
- Iwai A, Hijikata M, Hishiki T, Isono O, Chiba T, Shimotohno K. Coiled-coil domain containing 85B suppresses the beta-catenin activity in a p53-dependent manner. Oncogene. 2008;27:1520-6 pubmed
- Ikeya M, Takada S. Wnt signaling from the dorsal neural tube is required for the formation of the medial dermomyotome. Development. 1998;125:4969-76 pubmed..These results indicate that Wnt-1 and Wnt-3a signalings actually regulate the formation of the medial compartment of the dermomyotome and the early part of myogenesis. ..
- Yurugi H, Rajalingam K. A role for prohibitin in mast cell activation: location matters. Sci Signal. 2013;6:pe29 pubmed publisher..These observations unveil a previously uncharacterized facet of prohibitin biology and shed further light on the proximal events that drive the activation of Fc?RI by IgE in mast cells during allergic reactions. ..
- Yasuda S, Arii S, Mori A, Isobe N, Yang W, Oe H, et al. Hexokinase II and VEGF expression in liver tumors: correlation with hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha and its significance. J Hepatol. 2004;40:117-23 pubmed
- Miyoshi G, Bessho Y, Yamada S, Kageyama R. Identification of a novel basic helix-loop-helix gene, Heslike, and its role in GABAergic neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2004;24:3672-82 pubmed..These results suggest that combinations of distinct bHLH factors promote formation of distinct neuronal subtypes, thereby increasing neuronal diversity. ..
- Shirakawa K, Takaori Kondo A, Kobayashi M, Tomonaga M, Izumi T, Fukunaga K, et al. Ubiquitination of APOBEC3 proteins by the Vif-Cullin5-ElonginB-ElonginC complex. Virology. 2006;344:263-6 pubmed..These results suggest that Vif exhibits its anti-APOBEC3 activity by the ubiquitin ligase activity of the Vif-BC-Cul5 complex. ..
- Koyanagi T, Katayama T, Suzuki H, Nakazawa H, Yokozeki K, Kumagai H. Effective production of 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-L-alanine (L-DOPA) with Erwinia herbicola cells carrying a mutant transcriptional regulator TyrR. J Biotechnol. 2005;115:303-6 pubmed..We circumvented this problem by using recombinant E. herbicola cells carrying a mutant transcriptional regulator TyrR, which is capable of activating the tpl promoter in the absence of L-tyrosine...
- Negoro H, Okinami T, Kanematsu A, Imamura M, Tabata Y, Ogawa O. Role of Rev-erb? domains for transactivation of the connexin43 promoter with Sp1. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:98-103 pubmed publisher..The A/B region of Rev-erb?, which is not conserved in Rev-erb?, is a crucial activating domain, while the ligand binding domain, conserved in Rev-erb?, functions as a competitor. ..
- Teramoto H, Suda M, Inui M, Yukawa H. Regulation of the expression of genes involved in NAD de novo biosynthesis in Corynebacterium glutamicum. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:5488-95 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NdnR acts as a transcriptional repressor of NAD de novo biosynthesis genes and plays an essential role in the regulation of the response to nicotinate. ..
- Inada A, Someya Y, Yamada Y, Ihara Y, Kubota A, Ban N, et al. The cyclic AMP response element modulator family regulates the insulin gene transcription by interacting with transcription factor IID. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21095-103 pubmed
- Kurooka H, Kuroda K, Honjo T. Roles of the ankyrin repeats and C-terminal region of the mouse notch1 intracellular region. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5448-55 pubmed..Taken together, mouse Notch1 RAMIC can experimentally be separated into three functional domains: the RAM domain and ANK repeats for RBP-J binding and co-repressor displacement and the C-terminal TAD. ..
- Murakami A, Ishida S, Thurlow J, Revest J, Dickson C. SOX6 binds CtBP2 to repress transcription from the Fgf-3 promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3347-55 pubmed..These results show that SOX6 can recruit CtBP2 to repress transcription from the Fgf-3 promoter. ..
- Hirota T, Ohta H, Shigeta M, Niwa H, Saitou M. Drug-inducible gene recombination by the Dppa3-MER Cre MER transgene in the developmental cycle of the germ cell lineage in mice. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:367-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, these Dppa3-MCM strains offer valuable opportunities to explore gene function in both loss-of-function and gain-of-function experiments at a variety of time points during germ cell development. ..
- Satow T, Bae S, Inoue T, Inoue C, Miyoshi G, Tomita K, et al. The basic helix-loop-helix gene hesr2 promotes gliogenesis in mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2001;21:1265-73 pubmed
- Tagami T, Yamamoto H, Moriyama K, Sawai K, Usui T, Shimatsu A, et al. Identification of a novel human thyroid hormone receptor beta isoform as a transcriptional modulator. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:983-8 pubmed publisher..TR beta 4 weakly but significantly inhibited transcription mediated by functional TR. Thus, this novel isoform may modulate hormone action as an endogenous antagonist in the tissue or cellular context. ..
- Kobayashi M, Takaori Kondo A, Miyauchi Y, Iwai K, Uchiyama T. Ubiquitination of APOBEC3G by an HIV-1 Vif-Cullin5-Elongin B-Elongin C complex is essential for Vif function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18573-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity of the Vif-BC-Cul5 complex is essential for Vif function against APOBEC3G. ..
- Horie T, Ono K, Kinoshita M, Nishi H, Nagao K, Kawamura T, et al. TG-interacting factor is required for the differentiation of preadipocytes. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:1224-34 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that insulin specifically antagonizes TGF-beta signaling in preadipocytes by stabilizing the putative Smad transcriptional corepressor TGIF and regulates adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Gonda H, Sugai M, Nambu Y, Katakai T, Agata Y, Mori K, et al. The balance between Pax5 and Id2 activities is the key to AID gene expression. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1427-37 pubmed..Finally, enforced expression of Pax5 induces AID transcription in pro-B cell lines. Our results provide evidence that the balance between Pax5 and Id2 activities has a key role in AID gene expression. ..
- Tanaka Y, Marusawa H, Seno H, Matsumoto Y, Ueda Y, Kodama Y, et al. Anti-viral protein APOBEC3G is induced by interferon-alpha stimulation in human hepatocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:314-9 pubmed..Our findings provided the first evidence showing that APOBEC3G is induced by IFN stimulation in human hepatocytes and thus could be involved in host defense mechanisms directed against hepatitis viruses. ..
- Kita A, Imayoshi I, Hojo M, Kitagawa M, Kokubu H, Ohsawa R, et al. Hes1 and Hes5 control the progenitor pool, intermediate lobe specification, and posterior lobe formation in the pituitary development. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:1458-66 pubmed..Thus, Hes genes control not only maintenance of progenitor cells but also intermediate vs. anterior lobe specification during the adenohypophysis development. Hes genes are also essential for the formation of the neurohypophysis. ..
- Hamasaki A, Yamada Y, Kurose T, Ban N, Nagashima K, Takahashi A, et al. Adult pancreatic islets require differential pax6 gene dosage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:40-6 pubmed..These findings indicate differential requirements for pax6 gene dosage in displaying function and maintaining architecture of adult pancreatic islets. ..
- Chiba S, Ito K, Akiyama Y. The Escherichia coli plasma membrane contains two PHB (prohibitin homology) domain protein complexes of opposite orientations. Mol Microbiol. 2006;60:448-57 pubmed..We discuss possible significance of having PHB domains on both sides of the membrane. ..
- Kodama Y, Hijikata M, Kageyama R, Shimotohno K, Chiba T. The role of notch signaling in the development of intrahepatic bile ducts. Gastroenterology. 2004;127:1775-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that Notch signaling has an important role in the differentiation of biliary epithelial cells and is essential for their tubular formation during IHBD development. ..
- Zhou F, Liu Y, Rohde C, Pauli C, Gerloff D, Köhn M, et al. AML1-ETO requires enhanced C/D box snoRNA/RNP formation to induce self-renewal and leukaemia. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:844-855 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that induction of C/D box snoRNA/RNP function constitutes an important pathway in leukaemogenesis. ..
- Nakatani T, Mizuhara E, Minaki Y, Sakamoto Y, Ono Y. Helt, a novel basic-helix-loop-helix transcriptional repressor expressed in the developing central nervous system. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16356-67 pubmed..These results suggest that Helt acts as a transcriptional repressor to regulate neuronal differentiation and/or identity. ..
- Koyama T, Nii H, Mitsuda N, Ohta M, Kitajima S, Ohme Takagi M, et al. A regulatory cascade involving class II ETHYLENE RESPONSE FACTOR transcriptional repressors operates in the progression of leaf senescence. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:991-1005 pubmed publisher..By contrast, an aterf4 aterf8 double mutant exhibited delayed leaf senescence. Our results provide insight into the important role of class II ERFs in the progression of leaf senescence. ..
- Kunieda T, Mitsuda N, Ohme Takagi M, Takeda S, Aida M, Tasaka M, et al. NAC family proteins NARS1/NAC2 and NARS2/NAM in the outer integument regulate embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2631-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that there is an intertissue communication between the embryo and the maternal integument. ..
- Inoue H, Nishida E. The DM domain transcription factor MAB-3 regulates male hypersensitivity to oxidative stress in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3453-9 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the DM domain protein MAB-3 regulates oxidative stress sensitivity by repressing transcription of ELT-2 target genes in the intestine. ..
- Aoyama T, Okamoto T, Fukiage K, Otsuka S, Furu M, Ito K, et al. Histone modifiers, YY1 and p300, regulate the expression of cartilage-specific gene, chondromodulin-I, in mesenchymal stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29842-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the expression of tissue-specific genes is regulated in two steps; reversible down-regulation by transcriptional repressor complex and tight down-regulation via DNA methylation. ..