Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on repressor proteins in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: repressor proteins
- Nakamura T, Liu Y, Nakashima H, Umehara H, Inoue K, Matoba S, et al. PGC7 binds histone H3K9me2 to protect against conversion of 5mC to 5hmC in early embryos. Nature. 2012;486:415-9 pubmed publisher..This type of regulatory mechanism could be involved in DNA modifications in somatic cells as well as in early embryos. ..
- Fujimoto M, Tsutsui H, Xinshou O, Tokumoto M, Watanabe D, Shima Y, et al. Inadequate induction of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 causes systemic autoimmune diseases. Int Immunol. 2004;16:303-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that dysfunction of SOCS-1 can be a pathogenic factor of systemic autoimmune diseases such as SLE. ..
- Kobayashi M, Kweon M, Kuwata H, Schreiber R, Kiyono H, Takeda K, et al. Toll-like receptor-dependent production of IL-12p40 causes chronic enterocolitis in myeloid cell-specific Stat3-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1297-308 pubmed..Thus, this study clearly established a sequential innate and acquired immune mechanism for the development of Th1-dependent enterocolitis. ..
- Inaba M, Saito H, Fujimoto M, Sumitani S, Ohkawara T, Tanaka T, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 suppresses muscle differentiation through modulation of IGF-I receptor signal transduction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:953-61 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest that SOCS1 suppresses muscle differentiation through negative feedback regulation of IGF-I receptor-mediated signaling. ..
- Mizuno T, Harashima S. Gal11 is a general activator of basal transcription, whose activity is regulated by the general repressor Sin4 in yeast. Mol Genet Genomics. 2003;269:68-77 pubmed..These observations suggest that Gal11 acts as a general activator for the basal transcription of various genes, possibly by relieving torsional stress in chromatin, and that its function is repressed by the Sin4 protein. ..
- Kanematsu D, Shofuda T, Yamamoto A, Ban C, Ueda T, Yamasaki M, et al. Isolation and cellular properties of mesenchymal cells derived from the decidua of human term placenta. Differentiation. 2011;82:77-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, the unique properties of DMCs give them several advantages for clinical use, making them an interesting and attractive alternative to MSCs for regenerative medicine...
- Fujimoto M, Tsutsui H, Yumikura Futatsugi S, Ueda H, Xingshou O, Abe T, et al. A regulatory role for suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 in T(h) polarization in vivo. Int Immunol. 2002;14:1343-50 pubmed..These results suggest that SOCS-1 plays a regulatory role in both T(h)1 and T(h)2 polarizations. ..
- Shimada M, Okuzaki D, Tanaka S, Tougan T, Tamai K, Shimoda C, et al. Replication factor C3 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, a small subunit of replication factor C complex, plays a role in both replication and damage checkpoints. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3991-4003 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that rfc3(+) is required not only for DNA replication but also for replication and damage checkpoint controls, probably functioning as a checkpoint sensor. ..
- Moriguchi M, Noso S, Kawabata Y, Yamauchi T, Harada T, Komaki K, et al. Clinical and genetic characteristics of patients with autoimmune thyroid disease with anti-islet autoimmunity. Metabolism. 2011;60:761-6 pubmed publisher..Glutamic acid decarboxylase Ab positivity in AITD patients was associated with HLA, conferring susceptibility to type 1 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Kodama T, Yamazaki C, Park K, Akeda Y, Iida T, Honda T. Transcription of Vibrio parahaemolyticus T3SS1 genes is regulated by a dual regulation system consisting of the ExsACDE regulatory cascade and H-NS. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;311:10-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the transcription of V. parahaemolyticus T3SS1 genes is regulated by a dual regulatory system consisting of the ExsACDE regulatory cascade and H-NS...
- Sano T, Ozaki K, Matsuura T, Narama I. Giant mitochondria in pancreatic acinar cells of alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Toxicol Pathol. 2010;38:658-65 pubmed publisher..These findings confirmed that the giant eosinophilic granules in the exocrine pancreas of alloxan-induced diabetic rats were giant mitochondria...
- Naka T, Tsutsui H, Fujimoto M, Kawazoe Y, Kohzaki H, Morita Y, et al. SOCS-1/SSI-1-deficient NKT cells participate in severe hepatitis through dysregulated cross-talk inhibition of IFN-gamma and IL-4 signaling in vivo. Immunity. 2001;14:535-45 pubmed
- Fujiwara H, Hayashi Y, Sanzen N, Kobayashi R, Weber C, Emoto T, et al. Regulation of mesodermal differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells by basement membranes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29701-11 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the BM prevents the EMT and precocious differentiation of primitive ectoderm toward mesoderm in EBs, implying that BMs are important for the control of mammalian gastrulation. ..
- Mori H, Ninomiya K, Kino oka M, Shofuda T, Islam M, Yamasaki M, et al. Effect of neurosphere size on the growth rate of human neural stem/progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:1682-91 pubmed..These results suggest that the three-dimensional architecture of NSPC aggregates would create a microenvironment that promotes the proliferation of human NSPCs...
- Inoue A, Omori A, Ichinose S, Takahashi K, Kinoshita Y, Mita S. S1 proteins C2 and D2 are novel hnRNPs similar to the transcriptional repressor, CArG box motif-binding factor A. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:3654-63 pubmed..Thus, the present results demonstrate that S1 proteins C2 and D2 are novel hnRNP proteins, and suggest that the proteins C2 and D2 act in both transcriptional and post-transcriptional processes in gene expression. ..
- Kinoshita M, Nakagawa T, Shimizu A, Katsuoka Y. Differently regulated androgen receptor transcriptional complex in prostate cancer compared with normal prostate. Int J Urol. 2005;12:390-7 pubmed
- Kimura A, Naka T, Muta T, Takeuchi O, Akira S, Kawase I, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 selectively inhibits LPS-induced IL-6 production by regulating JAK-STAT. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17089-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that the JAK-STAT pathway participates in LPS-induced IL-6 production and that SOCS-1 suppresses LPS signaling by regulating JAK-STAT. ..
- Naka T, Fujimoto M, Kishimoto T. Negative regulation of cytokine signaling: STAT-induced STAT inhibitor. Trends Biochem Sci. 1999;24:394-8 pubmed..This review will focus on the negative regulation of the Janus tyrosine kinase (JAK)/signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) signaling pathway by proteins related to STAT-induced STAT inhibitor-1 (SSI-1). ..
- Ito T, Fujio Y, Hirata M, Takatani T, Matsuda T, Muraoka S, et al. Expression of taurine transporter is regulated through the TonE (tonicity-responsive element)/TonEBP (TonE-binding protein) pathway and contributes to cytoprotection in HepG2 cells. Biochem J. 2004;382:177-82 pubmed..These findings suggested that induction of TauT by hypertonicity is mediated by the activation of the TonE/TonEBP pathway and confers resistance to hypertonic stress. ..
- Kakehashi A, Ishii N, Shibata T, Wei M, Okazaki E, Tachibana T, et al. Mitochondrial prohibitins and septin 9 are implicated in the onset of rat hepatocarcinogenesis. Toxicol Sci. 2011;119:61-72 pubmed publisher..Newly discovered elevation of PHB, PHB2, and SEPT9 in GST-P(+) foci and tumors, imply that they might play important role in the onset of liver cancer and be of potential values in the studies of hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Kim J, Sawada A, Tokimasa S, Endo H, Ozono K, Hara J, et al. Defective long-term repopulating ability in hematopoietic stem cells lacking the Polycomb-group gene rae28. Eur J Haematol. 2004;73:75-84 pubmed
- Sugo N, Oshiro H, Takemura M, Kobayashi T, Kohno Y, Uesaka N, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic translocation of HDAC9 regulates gene expression and dendritic growth in developing cortical neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:1521-32 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that chromatin remodeling with nucleocytoplasmic translocation of HDAC9 regulates activity-dependent gene expression and dendritic growth in developing cortical neurons. ..
- Damdinsuren B, Nagano H, Kondo M, Yamamoto H, Hiraoka N, Yamamoto T, et al. Expression of Id proteins in human hepatocellular carcinoma: relevance to tumor dedifferentiation. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:319-27 pubmed..These findings suggested that Id1, 2 and 3 might play a role in the early stages of hepatocarcinogenesis, but not in the development of advanced carcinoma, and might consequently be related to HCC dedifferentiation. ..
- Takenaka S, Naka N, Araki N, Hashimoto N, Ueda T, Yoshioka K, et al. Downregulation of SS18-SSX1 expression in synovial sarcoma by small interfering RNA enhances the focal adhesion pathway and inhibits anchorage-independent growth in vitro and tumor growth in vivo. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:823-31 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that siRNA targeting of SS18-SSX1 has therapeutic potential for the treatment of SS. ..
- Kanaya E, Shiraki T, Jingami H. The nuclear bile acid receptor FXR is activated by PGC-1alpha in a ligand-dependent manner. Biochem J. 2004;382:913-21 pubmed..These observations indicate that PGC-1alpha mediates the ligand-dependent activation of FXR and transcription of SHP gene. ..
- Kawazoe Y, Naka T, Fujimoto M, Kohzaki H, Morita Y, Narazaki M, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)-induced STAT inhibitor 1 (SSI-1)/suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) inhibits insulin signal transduction pathway through modulating insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) phosphorylation. J Exp Med. 2001;193:263-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that SSI-1 acts as a negative feedback factor also in the insulin signal transduction pathway through the suppression of IRS-1 phosphorylation. ..
- Matoba K, Yamazoe M, Mayanagi K, Morikawa K, Hiraga S. Comparison of MukB homodimer versus MukBEF complex molecular architectures by electron microscopy reveals a higher-order multimerization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:694-702 pubmed..In addition, MukBEF complex molecules tend to form multimers by the end-to-end joining with other MukBEF molecules in an intermolecular fashion, resulting in fibers and rosette-form structures in the absence of ATP and DNA in vitro. ..
- Oshiumi H, Shida K, Goitsuka R, Kimura Y, Katoh J, Ohba S, et al. Regulator of complement activation (RCA) locus in chicken: identification of chicken RCA gene cluster and functional RCA proteins. J Immunol. 2005;175:1724-34 pubmed..Taken together, the chicken possesses an regulator of complement activation locus similar to those of the mammals, and the gene products function as complement regulators. ..
- Maruyama K, Fukasaka M, Vandenbon A, Saitoh T, Kawasaki T, Kondo T, et al. The transcription factor Jdp2 controls bone homeostasis and antibacterial immunity by regulating osteoclast and neutrophil differentiation. Immunity. 2012;37:1024-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, Jdp2 plays pivotal roles in in vivo bone homeostasis and host defense by regulating osteoclast and neutrophil differentiation...
- Higashi Y, Maruhashi M, Nelles L, Van de Putte T, Verschueren K, Miyoshi T, et al. Generation of the floxed allele of the SIP1 (Smad-interacting protein 1) gene for Cre-mediated conditional knockout in the mouse. Genesis. 2002;32:82-4 pubmed
- Ueno Yokohata H, Okita H, Nakasato K, Akimoto S, Hata J, Koshinaga T, et al. Consistent in-frame internal tandem duplications of BCOR characterize clear cell sarcoma of the kidney. Nat Genet. 2015;47:861-3 pubmed publisher..CCSK tumors expressed only an aberrant BCOR allele, indicating a close correlation between BCOR aberration and CCSK tumorigenesis. ..
- Furusawa T, Moribe H, Kondoh H, Higashi Y. Identification of CtBP1 and CtBP2 as corepressors of zinc finger-homeodomain factor deltaEF1. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8581-90 pubmed
- Kasai S. Freshwater bioluminescence in Vibrio albensis (Vibrio cholerae biovar albensis) NCIMB 41 is caused by a two-nucleotide deletion in luxO. J Biochem. 2006;139:471-82 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the light emission in freshwater by this strain is not in conflict with our hypothesis...
- Mizuno N, Mochii M, Yamamoto T, Takahashi T, Eguchi G, Okada T. Pax-6 and Prox 1 expression during lens regeneration from Cynops iris and Xenopus cornea: evidence for a genetic program common to embryonic lens development. Differentiation. 1999;65:141-9 pubmed..Further studies are expected to elucidate the mechanism of this long-standing problem of the dorsal-restriction of lens regeneration from the newt iris. ..
- Higuchi T, Nakayama T, Arao T, Nishio K, Yoshie O. SOX4 is a direct target gene of FRA-2 and induces expression of HDAC8 in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Blood. 2013;121:3640-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have revealed an important oncogenic cascade involving FRA-2/JUND and SOX4 in ATL, which leads to the expression of genes such as GCKR, NAP1, and HDAC8. ..