Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Tokushima, Japan
Locale: Tokushima, Japan
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Dev S, Mizuguchi H, Das A, Matsushita C, Maeyama K, Umehara H, et al. Suppression of histamine signaling by probiotic Lac-B: a possible mechanism of its anti-allergic effect. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;107:159-66 pubmed..Suppression of histamine signaling may be a novel target of probiotics in preventing allergic diseases. ..
- Ito H, Hashimoto A, Matsumoto Y, Yao H, Miyakoda G. Cilostazol, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, attenuates photothrombotic focal ischemic brain injury in hypertensive rats. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:343-51 pubmed publisher..These findings show that cilostazol reduced brain infarct size due to an improvement in penumbral CBF possibly in association with increased endothelial NO and PGI(2) production. ..
- Matsuzaki T, Iwasa T, Kinouchi R, Yoshida S, Murakami M, Gereltsetseg G, et al. Fasting reduces the kiss1 mRNA levels in the caudal hypothalamus of gonadally intact adult female rats. Endocr J. 2011;58:1003-12 pubmed..Thus, lower kiss1 mRNA levels in the ARC appear to be responsible for the fasting-induced inhibition of gonadotrophin secretion and subsequent prolongation of the estrous cycle. ..
- Iwasa T, Matsuzaki T, Tungalagsuvd A, Munkhzaya M, Yiliyasi M, Kato T, et al. Prenatal undernutrition results in greater lipopolysaccharide-induced changes in hypothalamic TNF-Î± expression, but does not affect the equivalent changes in the serum levels of luteinizing hormone and testosterone, in adult male rats. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2016;48:80-3 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that prenatal undernutrition results in more marked LPS-induced changes in hypothalamic TNF-Î± expression, but does not alter the effects of LPS on the serum levels of LH or testosterone, in adult male rats. ..
- Wei S, Wei K, Moralejo D, Ogino T, Koike G, Jacob H, et al. Mapping and characterization of quantitative trait loci for non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus with an improved genetic map in the Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima fatty rat. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:249-58 pubmed
- Hayashi Y, Ishida H, Hoshiai M, Hoshiai K, Kirimoto T, Kanno T, et al. MET-88, a gamma-butyrobetaine hydroxylase inhibitor, improves cardiac SR Ca2+ uptake activity in rats with congestive heart failure following myocardial infarction. Mol Cell Biochem. 2000;209:39-46 pubmed..These results suggest that one of the mechanisms by which MET-88 improved cardiac relaxation in CHF rats is based on the amelioration of [Ca2+]i transients through increase of SR Ca2+ uptake activity. ..
- Shiba Y, Kinoshita T, Chuman H, Taketani Y, Takeda E, Kato Y, et al. Flavonoids as substrates and inhibitors of myeloperoxidase: molecular actions of aglycone and metabolites. Chem Res Toxicol. 2008;21:1600-9 pubmed publisher..The current study provides the structure-activity relationships for flavonoids as the anti-inflammatory dietary constituents targeting the MPO-derived oxidative reactions in vivo. ..
- Tamura I, Kanbara Y, Saito M, Horimoto K, Satoh M, Yamamoto H, et al. Triclosan, an antibacterial agent, increases intracellular Zn(2+) concentration in rat thymocytes: its relation to oxidative stress. Chemosphere. 2012;86:70-5 pubmed publisher..Since recent studies show many physiological roles of intracellular Zn(2+) in cellular functions, the triclosan-induced disturbance of cellular Zn(2+) homeostasis may induce adverse actions on the cells. ..
- Hiyoshi M, Konishi H, Uemura H, Matsuzaki H, Tsukamoto H, Sugimoto R, et al. D-Dopachrome tautomerase is a candidate for key proteins to protect the rat liver damaged by carbon tetrachloride. Toxicology. 2009;255:6-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the increase in DDT is a response to liver damage, accelerates melanin biosynthesis and protects the liver from oxidative stress induced by CCl4. ..
- Kanada A, Nishimura Y, Yamaguchi J, Kobayashi M, Mishima K, Horimoto K, et al. Extract of Ginkgo biloba leaves attenuates kainate-induced increase in intracellular Ca2+ concentration of rat cerebellar granule neurons. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:934-6 pubmed..Since some of neurodegenerative diseases are due to cell death induced by glutamate excitotoxicity and oxidative stress, EGBL may be very suitable for preventing and/or treating such diseases. ..
- Yoshikawa K, Kokudo N, Hashimoto T, Yamamoto K, Inose T, Kimura T. Novel phthalide compounds from Sparassis crispa (Hanabiratake), Hanabiratakelide A-C, exhibiting anti-cancer related activity. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1355-9 pubmed..In conclusion, 3 novel phthalides, hanabiratakelides, derived from SC were shown to possess anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-tumor activity...
- Utami T, Miyoshi K, Hagita H, Yanuaryska R, Horiguchi T, Noma T. Possible linkage of SP6 transcriptional activity with amelogenesis by protein stabilization. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011;2011:320987 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the regulation of SP6 protein stability is one of the crucial steps in amelogenesis. ..
- Kose H, Sado Y, Yamada T, Matsumoto K. Genetic mapping found major QTLs for antibody-induced glomerulonephritis in WKY rats. Exp Anim. 2009;58:193-8 pubmed..The relevance of these QTLs with the genetic factors involved in autoimmunity and renal disease is discussed. ..
- Tatsumi S, Miyamoto K, Kouda T, Motonaga K, Katai K, Ohkido I, et al. Identification of three isoforms for the Na+-dependent phosphate cotransporter (NaPi-2) in rat kidney. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28568-75 pubmed..The results suggest that these short isoforms may function as a dominant negative inhibitor of the full-length transporter. ..
- Ueha Ishibashi T, Tatsuishi T, Iwase K, Nakao H, Umebayashi C, Nishizaki Y, et al. Property of thimerosal-induced decrease in cellular content of glutathione in rat thymocytes: a flow cytometric study with 5-chloromethylfluorescein diacetate. Toxicol In Vitro. 2004;18:563-9 pubmed
- Morita K, Arimochi H, Tsuruo Y. Adrenergic activation of steroid 5alpha-reductase gene expression in rat C6 glioma cells: involvement of cyclic amp/protein kinase A-mediated signaling pathway. J Mol Neurosci. 2004;22:205-12 pubmed
- Kuwahata M, Kuramoto Y, Sawai Y, Amano S, Tomoe Y, Segawa H, et al. Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein is involved in regulation of albumin synthesis in response to food intake. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54:142-7 pubmed
- Erdenebayar N, Maekawa Y, Nishida J, Kitamura A, Yasutomo K. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase-kappa regulates CD4+ T cell development through ERK1/2-mediated signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:489-93 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that PPTRK positively regulates ERK1/2 phosphorylation, which impacts CD4(+) T cell development. ..
- Kai M, Miyoshi M, Fujiwara M, Nishiyama Y, Inoue T, Maeshige N, et al. A lard-rich high-fat diet increases hepatic peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in endotoxemic rats. J Surg Res. 2017;212:22-32 pubmed publisher..Consumption of a lard-rich diet for 12 wk worsened liver injury and increased hepatic PPAR? and PPAR? expression in endotoxemic rats. ..
- Kasahara J, Uchida H, Tezuka K, Oka N. Postischemic Anhedonia Associated with Neurodegenerative Changes in the Hippocampal Dentate Gyrus of Rats. Neural Plast. 2016;2016:5054275 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study suggests new insights for the mechanistic correlation between poststroke depression and the delayed neurodegenerative changes in the hippocampal dentate gyrus with effective use of antidepressants on them. ..
- Tang W, Kubo M, Harada K, Hioki H, Fukuyama Y. Novel NGF-potentiating diterpenoids from a Brazilian medicinal plant, Ptychopetalum olacoides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:882-6 pubmed publisher..1 to 50.0 microM for 1 and 0.1 to 30.0 microM for 2, whereas 3 and 4 had no morphological effect on NGF-mediated PC12 cells in the same concentration range. The structure-activity relationship of these compounds is also discussed...
- Kawano T, Oshita S, Takahashi A, Tsutsumi Y, Tanaka K, Tomiyama Y, et al. Molecular mechanisms underlying ketamine-mediated inhibition of sarcolemmal adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels. Anesthesiology. 2005;102:93-101 pubmed..1 or Kir6.2) and sulfonylurea receptors (SUR1, SUR2A, or SUR2B)...
- Ruspita I, Miyoshi K, Muto T, Abe K, Horiguchi T, Noma T. Sp6 downregulation of follistatin gene expression in ameloblasts. J Med Invest. 2008;55:87-98 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that the follistatin gene is one of the Sp6 target genes in ameloblasts and suggest that Sp6 promotes amelogenesis through inhibition of follistatin gene expression...
- Sakata M, Sei H, Toida K, Fujihara H, Urushihara R, Morita Y. Mesolimbic dopaminergic system is involved in diurnal blood pressure regulation. Brain Res. 2002;928:194-201 pubmed..On the basis of this evidence, the absence of a nocturnal dip in BP in PD patients is attributed to impairment of the mesolimbic DA system. ..
- Hirasaka K, Nikawa T, Yuge L, Ishihara I, Higashibata A, Ishioka N, et al. Clinorotation prevents differentiation of rat myoblastic L6 cells in association with reduced NF-kappa B signaling. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1743:130-40 pubmed..Our present results suggest that simulated microgravity such as the 3D-clinorotation may disturb skeletal muscle cell differentiation, at least in part, by inhibiting the NF-kappa B pathway. ..
- Omori Y, Kyushiki H, Takeda S, Suzuki M, Kawai A, Fujiwara T, et al. Cloning, expression and mapping of a novel human zinc-finger gene TCF17 homologous to rodent Kid1. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;78:285-8 pubmed..This gene was mapped by FISH to chromosome 5q35.3, where cytogenetic and molecular abnormalities have been reported often in renal cell carcinomas. ..
- Fujimoto A, Shingai Y, Oyama T, Kawanai T, Hashimoto E, Koizumi K, et al. Apoptosis-inducing action of two products from oxidation of sesamol, an antioxidative constituent of sesame oil: a possible cytotoxicity of oxidized antioxidant. Toxicol In Vitro. 2010;24:1720-6 pubmed publisher..It may be necessary to consider the condition for preservation of sesamol and the safety of products from in vivo oxidation of sesamol for human health. ..
- Mizuguchi H, Orimoto N, Kadota T, Kominami T, Das A, Sawada A, et al. Suplatast tosilate alleviates nasal symptoms through the suppression of nuclear factor of activated T-cells-mediated IL-9 gene expression in toluene-2,4-diisocyanate-sensitized rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2016;130:151-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that suplatast suppressed NFAT-mediated IL-9 gene expression in TDI-sensitized rats and this might be the underlying mechanism of the therapeutic effects of combined therapy of suplatast with antihistamine. ..
- Chiampanichayakul S, Kataoka K, Arimochi H, Thumvijit S, Kuwahara T, Nakayama H, et al. Inhibitory effects of bitter melon (Momordica charantia Linn.) on bacterial mutagenesis and aberrant crypt focus formation in the rat colon. J Med Invest. 2001;48:88-96 pubmed..These findings suggest that bitter melon is a possible chemopreventive agent against colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Tanaka E, Sano R, Kawai N, Korfage J, Nakamura S, Izawa T, et al. Regional differences in fiber characteristics in the rat temporalis muscle. J Anat. 2008;213:743-8 pubmed publisher..01) larger than that of type IIX fibers. In conclusion, temporalis muscle in rats showed an obvious heterogeneity of fiber type composition and fiber cross-sectional area, which suggests multiple functions of this muscle. ..
- Oyama T, Ishida S, Okano Y, Seo H, Oyama Y. Clioquinol-induced increase and decrease in the intracellular Zn2+ level in rat thymocytes. Life Sci. 2012;91:1216-20 pubmed publisher..The effect of clioquinol on the intracellular Zn(2+) level varies, depending on the extracellular Zn(2+) concentration and the clioquinol concentration. Clioquinol may therefore exert various types of Zn(2+)-dependent cytotoxicity. ..
- Yokoyama R, Huang J, Yang C, Fukuyama Y. New seco-prezizaane-type sesquiterpenes, jiadifenin with neurotrophic activity and 1,2-dehydroneomajucin from Illicium jiadifengpi. J Nat Prod. 2002;65:527-31 pubmed..Compounds 2 and 5 were found to significantly promote neurite outgrowth in primary cultures of fetal rat cortical neurons at concentrations from 0.1 to 10 microM...
- Kondo K, Kan K, Tanada Y, Bando M, Shinohara T, Kurimura M, et al. Characterization of orally active nonpeptide vasopressin V(2) receptor agonist. Synthesis and biological evaluation of both the (5R)- and (5S)-enantioisomers of 2-[1-(2-Chloro-4-pyrrolidin-1-yl-benzoyl)-2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-1H-1-benzazepin- 5-yl]-N-iso. J Med Chem. 2002;45:3805-8 pubmed..After evaluation of both enantiomers (compounds R-2, S-2) for binding affinity, cAMP accumulation, and an in vivo study using Brattleboro rats, R-2 showed more potent activity as a V(2) receptor agonist than S-2...
- Suzaki Y, Yoshizumi M, Kagami S, Nishiyama A, Ozawa Y, Kyaw M, et al. BMK1 is activated in glomeruli of diabetic rats and in mesangial cells by high glucose conditions. Kidney Int. 2004;65:1749-60 pubmed..It could not be denied that BMK1 activation is induced through an osmotic stress-sensitive mechanism. BMK1-mediated mesangial cell growth may be involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Watanabe M, Yamamoto T, Kakuhata R, Okada N, Kajimoto K, Yamazaki N, et al. Synchronized changes in transcript levels of genes activating cold exposure-induced thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue of experimental animals. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1777:104-12 pubmed..On the contrary, several genes such as regulator of G-protein signaling 2 and IMP dehydrogenase 1 were down-regulated in the BAT of cold-exposed rats. The physiological meaning of these changes accompanying cold exposure was discussed. ..
- Moriyama M, Huang J, Yang C, Kubo M, Harada K, Hioki H, et al. Two new sesquiterpenoids and two new prenylated phenylpropanoids from Illicium fargesii, and neuroprotective activity of macranthol. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008;56:1201-4 pubmed..Among the isolated compounds, macranthol (7) was found to have neuroprotective activity at 5--10 microM in rat cortical neurons cultured in DMEM/N2 medium. ..
- Iwasa T, Matsuzaki T, Murakami M, Shimizu F, Kuwahara A, Yasui T, et al. Decreased expression of kisspeptin mediates acute immune/inflammatory stress-induced suppression of gonadotropin secretion in female rat. J Endocrinol Invest. 2008;31:656-9 pubmed..These results suggest that KiSS-1 systems are sensitive to immune/inflammatory challenge conditions and transmit these signals into the central reproductive system. ..
- Toida K. Synaptic organization of the olfactory bulb based on chemical coding of neurons. Anat Sci Int. 2008;83:207-17 pubmed publisher..Current uncertainties and issues that need to be clarified in the future are also discussed. ..
- Nozawa Y, Matsuura N, Miyake H, Yamada S, Kimura R. Effects of TH-142177 on angiotensin II-induced proliferation, migration and intracellular signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells and on neointimal thickening after balloon injury. Life Sci. 1999;64:2061-70 pubmed..Thus, TH-142177 may have therapeutic potential for the treatment of vascular diseases such as atherosclerosis and restenosis. ..
- Bunpo P, Kataoka K, Arimochi H, Nakayama H, Kuwahara T, Bando Y, et al. Inhibitory effects of Centella asiatica on azoxymethane-induced aberrant crypt focus formation and carcinogenesis in the intestines of F344 rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2004;42:1987-97 pubmed..asiatica extract is associated with modification of cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis in colonic crypts and that the extract has a chemopreventive effect on colon tumorigenesis. ..
- Takahashi Y, Kondo K, Ishikawa S, Uchihara H, Fujino H, Sawada N, et al. Microscopic analysis of the chromium content in the chromium-induced malignant and premalignant bronchial lesions of the rat. Environ Res. 2005;99:267-72 pubmed..Examining the genetic alterations of histologic changes in this model was helpful in elucidating the process of carcinogenesis of chromium in the lung. ..
- Akamatsu T, Purwanti N, Karabasil M, Li X, Yao C, Kanamori N, et al. Temporospatially regulated expression of subtilisin-like proprotein convertase PACE4 (SPC4) during development of the rat submandibular gland. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:314-20 pubmed..This temporospatially regulated expression of PACE4 suggests its apparent association with the proliferation, differentiation, and establishment of functional acinar and ductal cells of the SMG. ..
- Ishimaru N, Yamada A, Kohashi M, Arakaki R, Takahashi T, Izumi K, et al. Development of inflammatory bowel disease in Long-Evans Cinnamon rats based on CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cell dysfunction. J Immunol. 2008;180:6997-7008 pubmed
- Kawai N, Sano R, Korfage J, Nakamura S, Kinouchi N, Kawakami E, et al. Adaptation of rat jaw muscle fibers in postnatal development with a different food consistency: an immunohistochemical and electromyographic study. J Anat. 2010;216:717-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the reduction in the amount of powerful muscle contractions could be important for the slow-to-fast transition of the myosin heavy chain isoform in muscle fibers. ..
- Hattori M, Mizuguchi H, Baba Y, Ono S, Nakano T, Zhang Q, et al. Quercetin inhibits transcriptional up-regulation of histamine H1 receptor via suppressing protein kinase C-?/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 signaling pathway in HeLa cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;15:232-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that quercetin suppresses H1R gene expression by the suppression of PKC? activation through the inhibition of its translocation to the Golgi. ..
- Luan Y, Hirashima T, Man Z, Wang M, Kawano K, Sumida T. Pathogenesis of obesity by food restriction in OLETF rats-increased intestinal monoacylglycerol acyltransferase activities may be a crucial factor. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2002;57:75-82 pubmed
- Kataoka M, Seto H, Wada C, Kido J, Nagata T. Decreased expression of alpha2 integrin in fibroblasts isolated from cyclosporin A- induced gingival overgrowth in rats. J Periodontal Res. 2003;38:533-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that one etiological factor of gingival overgrowth may be inhibition of collagen phagocytosis by reducing alpha2 integrin expression in gingival fibroblasts. ..
- Ueha Ishibashi T, Oyama Y, Nakao H, Umebayashi C, Hirama S, Sakai Y, et al. Flow-cytometric analysis on cytotoxic effect of thimerosal, a preservative in vaccines, on lymphocytes dissociated from rat thymic glands. Toxicol In Vitro. 2005;19:191-8 pubmed..Since the blood concentration of thimerosal after receiving vaccines is theoretically submicromolar, it may be unlikely that thimerosal affects lymphocytes of infants. ..
- Akhi M, Kose H, Matsumoto K. Fine mapping of the hyperglycemic and obesity QTL by congenic strains suggests multiple loci on rat chromosome 14. J Med Invest. 2005;52:109-13 pubmed..We predict that they are localized towards both ends of the Nidd2/of region. In contrast, Obs5 QTL was further narrowed down to a single region of ca. 10 cM fragment. ..
- Yamada H, Le Q, Kousaka A, Higashi Y, Tsukane M, Kido H. Sendai virus infection up-regulates trypsin I and matrix metalloproteinase-9, triggering viral multiplication and matrix degradation in rat lungs and lung L2 cells. Arch Virol. 2006;151:2529-37 pubmed..Up-regulation of proMMP-9 and its active convertase trypsin I seems to synergistically enhance virus multiplication and the destruction of lung matrix, resulting in the progression of pneumonia. ..
- Kuroda Y, Mitsui T, Kunishige M, Matsumoto T. Parkin affects mitochondrial function and apoptosis in neuronal and myogenic cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:787-93 pubmed..The present results suggest the cell-selective function of parkin, i.e., parkin possesses anti-apoptotic and anti-oxidant function in neuronal or myogenic cells but not in kidney cells. ..
- Tsuchigauchi T, Takahashi T, Ohnishi T, Ogawa H, Bando Y, Uehara H, et al. Low susceptibility to N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea-induced transplacental carcinogenesis in Long-Evans Cinnamon (LEC) rats. J Med Invest. 2009;56:93-8 pubmed..Present results suggest that high levels of MT and/or MGMT contribute to the resistance to nitrosamine-induced carcinogenesis in LEC rats...
- Kawanai T. Triclosan, an environmental pollutant from health care products, evokes charybdotoxin-sensitive hyperpolarization in rat thymocytes. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;32:417-22 pubmed publisher..Since the change in membrane potential of lymphocytes influence cellular immune functions, triclosan may exert adverse actions on immune system in human and wild animals. ..
- Iwasa T, Matsuzaki T, Murakami M, Kinouchi R, Osugi T, Gereltsetseg G, et al. Developmental changes in the mammalian gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone (GnIH) ortholog RFamide-related peptide (RFRP) and its cognate receptor GPR147 in the rat hypothalamus. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2012;30:31-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the hypothalamic RFRP system changes during development. An ovarian sex steroid, E2, may stimulate mRNA expression of RFRP in the prepubertal period when the basal E2 concentration is low. ..
- Abe S, Morita Y, Kaneko M, Hanibuchi M, Tsujimoto Y, Goto H, et al. A novel targeting therapy of malignant mesothelioma using anti-podoplanin antibody. J Immunol. 2013;190:6239-49 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that targeting therapy to podoplanin with therapeutic Abs (i.e., NZ-8) derived from NZ-1 might be useful as a novel immunotherapy against MPM...
- Nakashima T, Uematsu N, Shibamori M, Sakurai K, Ishida T. Establishment of an X-ray irradiation-induced glossitis model in rats: biphasic elevation of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;347:660-8 pubmed publisher..This model is considered useful to investigate the pathophysiology of oral mucositis and evaluate the preventive effect of pharmacological interventions on oral mucositis induced by X-ray irradiation. ..
- Sakane A, Honda K, Sasaki T. Rab13 regulates neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells through its effector protein, JRAB/MICAL-L2. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1077-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Rab13 and JRAB/MICAL-L2 may act to transfer actinin-4 from the cell body to the tips of neurites, where actinin-4 is involved in the reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton which results in neurite outgrowth. ..
- Iizuka Y, Ueda Y, Yagi Y, Sakurai E. Significant improvement of insulin resistance of GK rats by treatment with sodium selenate. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010;138:265-71 pubmed publisher..The present study suggested that sodium selenate treatment led to substantial improvement in peripheral insulin resistance. ..
- Hagi A, Nakayama M, Shinzaki W, Haji S, Ohyanagi H. Effects of the omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio of fat emulsions on the fatty acid composition in cell membranes and the anti-inflammatory action. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2010;34:263-70 pubmed publisher..The EPA:AA ratio in membranous phospholipid in PMNs was positively correlated with the LTB(5):LTB(4) production ratio and was a good indicator of anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Tanaka K, Kawano T, Tsutsumi Y, Kinoshita M, Kakuta N, Hirose K, et al. Differential effects of propofol and isoflurane on glucose utilization and insulin secretion. Life Sci. 2011;88:96-103 pubmed publisher..These differential actions of isoflurane and propofol on ATP sensitivity may explain the differential effects of isoflurane and propofol on insulin release. ..
- Suga K, Kondo S, Matsuura S, Kinoshita Y, Urushihara M, Kagami S. Glomerular expression of hydrogen peroxide-inducible clone-5 in human and rat progressive mesangial proliferative glomerulonephritis. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2012;120:e59-68 pubmed publisher..TGF-?(1) upregulated Hic-5 and ?-SMA protein levels in human cultured MCs. Our findings suggest that Hic-5 is involved in changes in the MC phenotype to produce abnormal extracellular matrix remodeling in GN. ..
- Miyake K, Tani K, Kakiuchi S, Suzuka C, Toyoda Y, Kishi J, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitor (gefitinib) augments pneumonitis, but attenuates lung fibrosis in response to radiation injury in rats. J Med Invest. 2012;59:174-85 pubmed
- Iwasa T, Matsuzaki T, Tungalagsuvd A, Munkhzaya M, Yiliyasi M, Kuwahara A, et al. Developmental changes in the hypothalamic mRNA levels of nucleobindin-2 (NUCB2) and their sensitivity to fasting in male and female rats. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2016;49:46-9 pubmed publisher..However, hypothalamic NUCB2 mRNA expression does not become sensitive to a negative energy balance during the neonatal to pre-pubertal period. ..
- Hirose T, Uwahodo Y, Yamada S, Miwa T, Kikuchi T, Kitagawa H, et al. Mechanism of action of aripiprazole predicts clinical efficacy and a favourable side-effect profile. J Psychopharmacol. 2004;18:375-83 pubmed..This profile may result from its high affinity partial agonist activity at D2 and 5-HT1A receptors and its antagonism of 5-HT2A receptors. ..
- Kawanai T, Satoh M, Murao K, Oyama Y. Methylmercury elicits intracellular Zn2+ release in rat thymocytes: its relation to methylmercury-induced decrease in cellular thiol content. Toxicol Lett. 2009;191:231-5 pubmed publisher..However, it is unlikely that MetHg at critical maternal blood concentration (27 nM) affects intracellular Zn(2+) homeostasis. ..
- Okamoto T, Kanemoto N, Ban T, Sudo T, Nagano K, Niki I. Establishment and characterization of a novel method for evaluating gluconeogenesis using hepatic cell lines, H4IIE and HepG2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;491:46-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the present method is useful to evaluate the effects of nutrients, hormones and hypoglycemic agents on hepatic gluconeogenesis. ..
- Sumi D, Sasaki T, Miyataka H, Himeno S. Rat H9c2 cardiac myocytes are sensitive to arsenite due to a modest activation of transcription factor Nrf2. Arch Toxicol. 2011;85:1509-16 pubmed publisher..Considering these results together, we propose that modest activation of Nrf2 during exposure to As(III) in H9c2(2-1) cardiac myocytes leads to reduced ability to metabolize and excrete arsenic. ..
- Yamazaki N, Yamanaka Y, Hashimoto Y, Hiramatsu T, Shinohara Y, Terada H. The gene encoding muscle-type carnitine palmitoyltransferase I: comparison of the 5'-upstream region of human and rodent genes. J Biochem. 2003;133:523-32 pubmed..In this study, we found that such transcripts also exist in rodents and that the amounts of the transcripts containing regions of both of these genes did not depend on the expression level of CK/EK-beta. ..
- Kawano T, Oshita S, Takahashi A, Tsutsumi Y, Tomiyama Y, Kitahata H, et al. Molecular mechanisms of the inhibitory effects of propofol and thiamylal on sarcolemmal adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels. Anesthesiology. 2004;100:338-46 pubmed..1 or Kir6.2) genes and sulfonylurea receptor (SUR1, SUR2A, or SUR2B) genes...
- Tanaka K, Kawano T, Nakamura A, Nazari H, Kawahito S, Oshita S, et al. Isoflurane activates sarcolemmal adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels in vascular smooth muscle cells: a role for protein kinase A. Anesthesiology. 2007;106:984-91 pubmed..Studies of the interaction of volatile anesthetics with vascular K(ATP) channels have been limited. In the current study, the authors investigated the molecular mechanism of isoflurane's action on vascular K(ATP) channels...
- Takahashi F, Morita K, Katai K, Segawa H, Fujioka A, Kouda T, et al. Effects of dietary Pi on the renal Na+-dependent Pi transporter NaPi-2 in thyroparathyroidectomized rats. Biochem J. 1998;333 ( Pt 1):175-81 pubmed..These results suggest that dietary Pi could regulate the amount of NaPi-2 protein in the superficial nephrons in a PTH-independent manner. ..
- Yamamoto H, Miyamoto K, Li B, Taketani Y, Kitano M, Inoue Y, et al. The caudal-related homeodomain protein Cdx-2 regulates vitamin D receptor gene expression in the small intestine. J Bone Miner Res. 1999;14:240-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that Cdx-2 plays an important role in the intestine-specific transcription of the hVDR gene. ..
- Hayashi Y, Tajima K, Kirimoto T, Miyake H, Matsuura N. Cardioprotective effects of MET-88, a gamma-butyrobetaine hydroxylase inhibitor, on cardiac dysfunction induced by ischemia/reperfusion in isolated rat hearts. Pharmacology. 2000;61:238-43 pubmed..These results indicated that MET-88 protected against cardiac dysfunction in ischemia/reperfusion, and preventing the accumulation of long-chain acylcarnitine may be responsible for the cardioprotective effects. ..
- Koide S, Yoshida I, Tsuji A, Matsuda Y. The expression of proprotein convertase PACE4 is highly regulated by Hash-2 in placenta: possible role of placenta-specific basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, human achaete-scute homologue-2. J Biochem. 2003;134:433-40 pubmed..These results suggest that PACE4 expression is down-regulated by Hash-2/Mash-2 in both human and rat placenta and that many bioactive proteins might be regulated by PACE4 activity. ..
- Yasui Y, Nakamura M, Onda T, Uehara T, Murata S, Matsui N, et al. Heme oxygenase-1 inhibits cytokine production by activated mast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;354:485-90 pubmed..The suppression of mast cell cytokine production by HO-1 may be an important aspect of the processes that lead to resolution of allergic inflammation. ..
- Tang W, Hioki H, Harada K, Kubo M, Fukuyama Y. Clerodane diterpenoids with NGF-potentiating activity from Ptychopetalum olacoides. J Nat Prod. 2008;71:1760-3 pubmed publisher..Compounds 3 and 4 existed as an equilibrium mixture. A mixture of compounds 3 and 4 was found to exhibit neurite outgrowth-promoting activities on NGF-mediated PC12 cells at concentrations ranging from 0.1 to 10.0 microM...
- Kubo M, Okada C, Huang J, Harada K, Hioki H, Fukuyama Y. Novel pentacyclic seco-prezizaane-type sesquiterpenoids with neurotrophic properties from Illicium jiadifengpi. Org Lett. 2009;11:5190-3 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1 and 2 strongly promote neurite outgrowth in primary cultured rat cortical neurons at concentrations ranging from 0.01 to 10 muM...
- Iwasa T, Matsuzaki T, Murakami M, Fujisawa S, Kinouchi R, Gereltsetseg G, et al. Effects of intrauterine undernutrition on hypothalamic Kiss1 expression and the timing of puberty in female rats. J Physiol. 2010;588:821-9 pubmed publisher..Increased leptin resistance in the kisspeptin system might be involved in these alterations. ..
- Ikeda Y, Aihara K, Akaike M, Sato T, Ishikawa K, Ise T, et al. Androgen receptor counteracts Doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in male mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1338-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, the androgen-AR system is thought to counteract Dox-induced cardiotoxicity partly through activation of the Akt pathway and up-regulation of Tfam to protect cardiomyocytes from mitochondrial damage and apoptosis. ..
- Nikawa T, Ikemoto M, Tokuoka K, Teshima S, Alpers D, Masui Y, et al. Interleukin-1beta enhances retinoic acid-mediated expression of bone-type alkaline phosphatase in rat IEC-6 cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;280:G510-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-1beta may modify the ALP isozyme expression in small intestinal epithelial cells by stimulating PKC-dependent, RAR-beta- and/or RXR-beta-mediated signaling pathways...
- Matsuura T, Ikata T, Takata S, Kashiwaguchi S, Niwa M, Sogabe T, et al. Effect of weight bearing on recovery from nerve injury in skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;91:2334-41 pubmed..These results suggested that WB plays an important role in muscle regeneration, inhibits the reduction of CK activity, and facilitates the activation of neural recovery, energy state, and local circulation dynamics...
- Sasa T, Sairyo K, Yoshida N, Fukunaga M, Koga K, Ishikawa M, et al. Continuous muscle stretch prevents disuse muscle atrophy and deterioration of its oxidative capacity in rat tail-suspension models. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2004;83:851-6 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of continuous muscle stretch on disuse-atrophied muscles...
- Watanabe T, Suzuki M, Yamasaki Y, Okuno S, Hishigaki H, Ono T, et al. Mutated G-protein-coupled receptor GPR10 is responsible for the hyperphagia/dyslipidaemia/obesity locus of Dmo1 in the OLETF rat. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2005;32:355-66 pubmed..5. Taken together, these results demonstrate that the mutated GPR10 receptor is responsible for the hyperphagia leading to obesity and dyslipidaemia in the obese diabetic strain rat. ..
- Katunuma N, Le Q, Murata E, Matsui A, Majima E, Ishimaru N, et al. A novel apoptosis cascade mediated by lysosomal lactoferrin and its participation in hepatocyte apoptosis induced by D-galactosamine. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3699-705 pubmed..Lactoferrin in lysosomes was decreased and lactoferrin released into cytoplasm was increased quantitatively in d-galactosamine induced apoptotic liver, and procaspase-3 in cytoplasm was processed to caspase-3. ..
- Uebanso T, Arai H, Taketani Y, Fukaya M, Yamamoto H, Mizuno A, et al. Extracts of Momordica charantia suppress postprandial hyperglycemia in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2007;53:482-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrated that bitter melon suppressed postprandial hyperglycemia by inhibition of alpha-glucosidase activity and that the most beneficial component is present in the LT 1,300 fraction obtained from MF...
- Higashio H, Nishimura N, Ishizaki H, Miyoshi J, Orita S, Sakane A, et al. Doc2 alpha and Munc13-4 regulate Ca(2+) -dependent secretory lysosome exocytosis in mast cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:4774-84 pubmed..These results suggest that the Doc2alpha-Muunc13-4 system regulates Ca(2+)-dependent secretory lysosome exocytosis in mast cells. ..
- Ikezono K, Maeda T, Kamata M, Mori T, Yabuuchi Y. Bronchodilating effect and anabolic effect of inhaled procaterol. Int J Sports Med. 2008;29:888-94 pubmed publisher..It was suggested that inhaled procaterol might be useful for athletes with asthma because of the big dose disparity between its bronchodilating effect and anabolic effect in rats...
- Ishizawa K. Drug discovery for improvement of chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular disease. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2011;131:1347-52 pubmed..Also we review the data on a possible new class drug against oxidative stress to improve CKD and CVD. ..
- Matsushita N, Kitazato K, Tada Y, Sumiyoshi M, Shimada K, Yagi K, et al. Increase in body Na+/water ratio is associated with cerebral aneurysm formation in oophorectomized rats. Hypertension. 2012;60:1309-15 pubmed publisher..We provide the new insight that the management of water-free Na(+) is important to prevent their development. ..