Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on proteins in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Ohno Matsui K, Yoshida T, Uetama T, Mochizuki M, Morita I. Vascular endothelial growth factor upregulates pigment epithelium-derived factor expression via VEGFR-1 in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:962-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate a regulatory interaction between angiogenesis stimulators and inhibitors to maintain homeostasis in normal human retina. ..
- Driss A, Noguchi S, Amouri R, Kefi M, Sasaki T, Sugie K, et al. Fukutin-related protein gene mutated in the original kindred limb-girdle MD 2I. Neurology. 2003;60:1341-4 pubmed..Immunohistochemical and immunoblot analysis showed abnormal expression of alpha-dystroglycan and laminin-alpha2 supporting the hypothesis that FKRP has a role in the interaction between the extracellular matrix components. ..
- Ohsawa K, Imai Y, Sasaki Y, Kohsaka S. Microglia/macrophage-specific protein Iba1 binds to fimbrin and enhances its actin-bundling activity. J Neurochem. 2004;88:844-56 pubmed
- Okimoto K, Sakurai J, Kobayashi T, Mitani H, Hirayama Y, Nickerson M, et al. A germ-line insertion in the Birt-Hogg-Dubé (BHD) gene gives rise to the Nihon rat model of inherited renal cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2023-7 pubmed..The Nihon rat may therefore provide insights into a tumor-suppressor gene that is related to renal carcinogenesis and an animal model of human BHD syndrome. ..
- Samson K, Chen F, Miura K, Odajima Y, Iikura Y, Naval Rivas M, et al. IgE binding to raw and boiled shrimp proteins in atopic and nonatopic patients with adverse reactions to shrimp. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2004;133:225-32 pubmed..Therefore, 16.5-kD protein may be an important allergen that is clinically relevant in both atopic and nonatopic patients with adverse reactions to shrimp even if it is not detected by the CAP-FEIA-RAST system. ..
- Gon Y, Asai Y, Hashimoto S, Mizumura K, Jibiki I, Machino T, et al. A20 inhibits toll-like receptor 2- and 4-mediated interleukin-8 synthesis in airway epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;31:330-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that A20 may function as a negative regulator of TLR-mediated inflammatory responses in the airway, thereby protecting the host against harmful overresponses to pathogens. ..
- Abe Y, Hashimoto Y, Tomita Y, Terashita K, Aiso S, Tajima H, et al. Cytotoxic mechanisms by M239V presenilin 2, a little-analyzed Alzheimer's disease-causative mutant. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:583-95 pubmed..Notably, cytotoxicity by M239V-PS2 could be inhibited by the combination of two clinically usable inhibitors of superoxide-generating enzymes, apocynin and oxypurinol. ..
- Tamura H, Dan K, Tamada K, Nakamura K, Shioi Y, Hyodo H, et al. Expression of functional B7-H2 and B7.2 costimulatory molecules and their prognostic implications in de novo acute myeloid leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:5708-17 pubmed..2 and B7-H2. Our results indicate the expression of functional B7.2 and B7-H2 molecules, and these molecules may facilitate progression of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Nakamura S, Terashima T, Yoshida T, Iseki S, Takano Y, Ishikawa I, et al. Identification of genes preferentially expressed in periodontal ligament: specific expression of a novel secreted protein, FDC-SP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1197-203 pubmed..Since only normal tissue was examined, these findings suggest that FDC-SP plays an important but previously unsuspected role within oral connective tissue. ..
- Jiang W, Fujii H, Matsumoto T, Ohtsuji N, Tsurumaru M, Hino O. Birt-Hogg-Dubé (BHD) gene mutations in human gastric cancer with high frequency microsatellite instability. Cancer Lett. 2007;248:103-11 pubmed..Taken together, these findings show that the BHD gene is a rare target in MSI-high gastric cancer, and BHD mutation tends to occur downstream in the mutational events of other major MSI-high target genes. ..
- Zhang G, Tanii T, Zako T, Hosaka T, Miyake T, Kanari Y, et al. Nanoscale patterning of protein using electron beam lithography of organosilane self-assembled monolayers. Small. 2005;1:833-7 pubmed
- Shimada Y, Fukuda T, Aoki K, Yukawa T, Iwamuro S, Ohkawa K, et al. A protocol for immunoaffinity separation of the accumulated ubiquitin-protein conjugates solubilized with sodium dodecyl sulfate. Anal Biochem. 2008;377:77-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that this simple protocol has potential applications for excellent immunoaffinity separation of the less-soluble proteins in diverse cells and tissues...
- Takakusa H, Masumoto H, Makino C, Okazaki O, Sudo K. Quantitative assessment of reactive metabolite formation using 35S-labeled glutathione. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2009;24:100-7 pubmed
- Tatsumi K, Sou Y, Tada N, Nakamura E, Iemura S, Natsume T, et al. A novel type of E3 ligase for the Ufm1 conjugation system. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5417-27 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, immunological analysis revealed localizations of Ufl1 and C20orf116 mainly to the endoplasmic reticulum. Our results provide novel insights into the Ufm1 system involved in cellular regulation of multicellular organisms. ..
- Hamada T, Matsunaga S, Fujiwara M, Fujita K, Hirota H, Schmucki R, et al. Solution structure of polytheonamide B, a highly cytotoxic nonribosomal polypeptide from marine sponge. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:12941-5 pubmed publisher..The strong cytotoxicity of pTB can be ascribed to its ability to form single molecule channels through biological membranes. ..
- Kusuzawa S, Honda T, Fukata Y, Fukata M, Kanatani S, Tanaka D, et al. Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 1 (Lgi1), an epilepsy-related secreted protein, has a nuclear localization signal and localizes to both the cytoplasm and the nucleus of the caudal ganglionic eminence neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:2284-92 pubmed publisher
- Ichinose Y, Koh K, Fukumoto M, Yamashiro N, Kobayashi F, Miwa M, et al. Exome sequencing reveals a novel missense mutation in the KIAA0196 gene in a Japanese patient with SPG8. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016;144:36-8 pubmed publisher..Notably, our patient showed mild upper limb ataxia, which is a relatively atypical symptom of SPG8. Thus, our patient showed a wide clinical spectrum of SPG8. ..
- Koyama K, Fukushima Y, Inazawa J, Tomotsune D, Takahashi N, Nakamura Y. The human homologue of the murine Llglh gene (LLGL) maps within the Smith-Magenis syndrome region in 17p11.2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;72:78-82 pubmed
- Patil A, Nakai K, Kinoshita K. Assessing the utility of gene co-expression stability in combination with correlation in the analysis of protein-protein interaction networks. BMC Genomics. 2011;12 Suppl 3:S19 pubmed publisher..We conclude that it is a useful and important measure to be used in concert with gene co-expression correlation for further insights into the characteristics of proteins in the context of their interaction network. ..
- Maekawa M, Nakamura S, Hattori S. Purification of a novel ras GTPase-activating protein from rat brain. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22948-52 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that p100GAPras is a novel ras GAP molecule. ..
- Kamisago M, Kimura M, Furutani Y, Furutani M, Takao A, Momma K, et al. Assignment of human desert hedgehog gene (DHH) to chromosome band 12q13.1 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;87:117-8 pubmed
- Satoh S, Daigo Y, Furukawa Y, Kato T, Miwa N, Nishiwaki T, et al. AXIN1 mutations in hepatocellular carcinomas, and growth suppression in cancer cells by virus-mediated transfer of AXIN1. Nat Genet. 2000;24:245-50 pubmed
- Mochida Y, Takeda K, Saitoh M, Nishitoh H, Amagasa T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. ASK1 inhibits interleukin-1-induced NF-kappa B activity through disruption of TRAF6-TAK1 interaction. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32747-52 pubmed..These results provide a new insight in the mode of action of MAPKKK family members; two distinct MAPKKKs in the same MAP kinase cascades directly interact and exert opposite effects in another signaling pathway, NF-kappaB. ..
- Kuramochi M, Fukuhara H, Nobukuni T, Kanbe T, Maruyama T, Ghosh H, et al. TSLC1 is a tumor-suppressor gene in human non-small-cell lung cancer. Nat Genet. 2001;27:427-30 pubmed..2. Thus, attenuation of TSLC1 expression occurred in 85% of primary tumors with LOH. Hypermethylation of the TSLC1 promoter would seem to represent the 'second hit' in NSCLC with LOH. ..
- Urano T, Saito T, Tsukui T, Fujita M, Hosoi T, Muramatsu M, et al. Efp targets 14-3-3 sigma for proteolysis and promotes breast tumour growth. Nature. 2002;417:871-5 pubmed..These data provide an insight into the cell-cycle machinery and tumorigenesis of breast cancer by identifying 14-3-3 sigma as a target for proteolysis by Efp, leading to cell proliferation. ..
- Yabana N, Shibuya M. Adaptor protein APS binds the NH2-terminal autoinhibitory domain of guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav3 and augments its activity. Oncogene. 2002;21:7720-9 pubmed..We present here a novel stimulatory mechanism of Vav3 in which APS directly relieves the autoinhibitory CH domain and furthermore enhances its tyrosine phosphorylation by Lck. ..
- Nakashima E, Mabuchi A, Makita Y, Masuno M, Ohashi H, Nishimura G, et al. Novel SBDS mutations caused by gene conversion in Japanese patients with Shwachman-Diamond syndrome. Hum Genet. 2004;114:345-8 pubmed..Thus, gene conversion mutations in SBDS are common to different ethnic groups, but they are not confined to a limited region of the gene. ..
- Matsushita M, Takasaki Y, Takeuchi K, Yamada H, Matsudaira R, Hashimoto H. Autoimmune response to proteasome activator 28alpha in patients with connective tissue diseases. J Rheumatol. 2004;31:252-9 pubmed..The relationship between anti-PA28alpha and Ki antibodies suggests the importance of an antigen-driven system in the induction of an autoimmune response to PA28 complex. ..
- Tsuchida A, Yamauchi T, Ito Y, Hada Y, Maki T, Takekawa S, et al. Insulin/Foxo1 pathway regulates expression levels of adiponectin receptors and adiponectin sensitivity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30817-22 pubmed
- Yamashita S, Okada Y. Mechanisms of heat-induced antigen retrieval: analyses in vitro employing SDS-PAGE and immunohistochemistry. J Histochem Cytochem. 2005;53:13-21 pubmed..0. These results suggest that the main mechanism of heat-induced antigen retrieval is disruption of the cross-links and that pH is an essential factor for a proper refolding of epitopes. ..
- Hashimoto R, Suzuki T, Iwata N, Yamanouchi Y, Kitajima T, Kosuga A, et al. Association study of the frizzled-3 (FZD3) gene with schizophrenia and mood disorders. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:303-7 pubmed..We failed to find significant association in the four SNPs or haplotype analysis. The FZD3 gene might not play a role in conferring susceptibility to major psychosis in our sample. ..
- Nagawa F, Kishishita N, Shimizu K, Hirose S, Miyoshi M, Nezu J, et al. Antigen-receptor genes of the agnathan lamprey are assembled by a process involving copy choice. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:206-13 pubmed..Thus, a vast repertoire of recombinant VLR genes could be generated not only by copying of various LRR segments in diverse combinations but also by the use of multiple sites in an LRR gene segment for priming...
- Taguchi Y, Gromiha M. Application of amino acid occurrence for discriminating different folding types of globular proteins. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:404 pubmed..The discrimination accuracy obtained with amino acid occurrence is better than that obtained with amino acid composition and/or amino acid properties. In addition, the method is very fast to obtain the results. ..
- Wang L, Kobayashi T, Piao X, Shiono M, Takagi Y, Mineki R, et al. Serine 62 is a phosphorylation site in folliculin, the Birt-Hogg-Dubé gene product. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:39-43 pubmed publisher..A phospho-mimic mutation at Ser62 enhanced the formation of the FLCN-AMPK complex. These results suggest that function(s) of FLCN-AMPK-FNIP complex is regulated by Ser62 phosphorylation. ..
- Fukunishi Y. Post processing of protein-compound docking for fragment-based drug discovery (FBDD): in-silico structure-based drug screening and ligand-binding pose prediction. Curr Top Med Chem. 2010;10:680-94 pubmed..Several prediction methods have been proposed for high-accuracy estimation of protein-ligand binding free energy. This paper summarizes the various computational methods proposed for docking-pose prediction and their usefulness in FBDD. ..
- Kubota D, Okubo T, Saito T, Suehara Y, Yoshida A, Kikuta K, et al. Validation study on pfetin and ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX39 as prognostic biomarkers in gastrointestinal stromal tumour. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2012;42:730-41 pubmed publisher..The combined use of pfetin and DDX39 appeared to have powerful prognostic value. These biomarkers will be useful in deciding whether to administer adjuvant therapy after surgery. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Hasegawa K, Esumi M. Protein from the fraction remaining after RNA extraction is useful for proteomics but care must be exercised in its application. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;95:46-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this particular protein source is useful for proteomics but care must be exercised in its application. ..
- Nagaoka A, Yoshida H, Nakamura S, Morikawa T, Kawabata K, Kobayashi M, et al. Regulation of Hyaluronan (HA) Metabolism Mediated by HYBID (Hyaluronan-binding Protein Involved in HA Depolymerization, KIAA1199) and HA Synthases in Growth Factor-stimulated Fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:30910-23 pubmed publisher
- Mizuguchi M, Takashima S, Kakita A, Yamada M, Ikeda K. Lissencephaly gene product. Localization in the central nervous system and loss of immunoreactivity in Miller-Dieker syndrome. Am J Pathol. 1995;147:1142-51 pubmed..These results are consistent with the notion that a deficiency of LIS-1 protein is the direct cause of the brain malformation and that the protein plays a critical role in neuronal migration. ..
- Li S, Satoh H, Watanabe T, Nakamura S, Hattori S. cDNA cloning and chromosomal mapping of a novel human GAP (GAP1M), a GTPase-activating protein of Ras. Genomics. 1996;35:625-7 pubmed..The human gene was mapped to chromosome 3 by PCR analysis on a panel of human-mouse hybrid cells. FISH analysis refined the location of the gene further to 3q22-q23. ..
- Nobukuni T, Kobayashi M, Omori A, Ichinose S, Iwanaga T, Takahashi I, et al. An Alu-linked repetitive sequence corresponding to 280 amino acids is expressed in a novel bovine protein, but not in its human homologue. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:2801-7 pubmed..These results show that bovine BCNT is a unique molecule and suggest that an analysis of the relationship between bovine bcnt and its human homologue may help further the understanding of gene organization and evolution. ..
- Nakano H, Mori S, Yonekawa H, Nariuchi H, Matsuzawa A, Kakiuchi T. A novel mutant gene involved in T-lymphocyte-specific homing into peripheral lymphoid organs on mouse chromosome 4. Blood. 1998;91:2886-95 pubmed..7 cM from cetromere on chromosome 4. We discuss the possibility that a wild-type gene on plt locus encodes a chemokine inducing T-cell-specific homing into peripheral lymphoid tissues. ..
- Si Y, Okuno M. Role of tyrosine phosphorylation of flagellar proteins in hamster sperm hyperactivation. Biol Reprod. 1999;61:240-6 pubmed
- Suzuki A, Ito T, Kawano H, Hayashida M, Hayasaki Y, Tsutomi Y, et al. Survivin initiates procaspase 3/p21 complex formation as a result of interaction with Cdk4 to resist Fas-mediated cell death. Oncogene. 2000;19:1346-53 pubmed..Here, we propose that Survivin supports procaspase 3/p21 complex formation as a result of interaction with Cdk4 resulting in suppression of cell death signaling. ..
- Yamamoto H, Watanabe T, Mizuno H, Endo K, Fukushige J, Hosokawa T, et al. The antioxidant effect of DL-alpha-lipoic acid on copper-induced acute hepatitis in Long-Evans Cinnamon (LEC) rats. Free Radic Res. 2001;34:69-80 pubmed..Moreover, mitochondrial oxidative damage might be involved in the development of acute hepatitis in LEC rats...
- Tada K, Okazaki T, Sakon S, Kobarai T, Kurosawa K, Yamaoka S, et al. Critical roles of TRAF2 and TRAF5 in tumor necrosis factor-induced NF-kappa B activation and protection from cell death. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36530-4 pubmed..Collectively, these results indicate that both TRAF2 and TRAF5 are involved in TNF-induced NF-kappaB activation and protection from cell death. ..
- Tanaka Y, Kato S, Tanaka M, Kuji N, Yoshimura Y. Structure and expression of the human oocyte-specific histone H1 gene elucidated by direct RT-nested PCR of a single oocyte. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;304:351-7 pubmed..Our technique and findings should facilitate investigation of human fertilization and embryogenesis. ..
- Yamazaki Sato H, Tanida I, Ueno T, Kominami E. The carboxyl terminal 17 amino acids within Apg7 are essential for Apg8 lipidation, but not for Apg12 conjugation. FEBS Lett. 2003;551:71-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the carboxyl terminal 17 amino acids of Apg7 play a specific role in Apg8 lipidation indispensable for the Cvt pathway and autophagy. ..
- Ishii M, Suzuki Y, Takeshita K, Miyao N, Kudo H, Hiraoka R, et al. Inhibition of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase activity improves ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat lungs. J Immunol. 2004;172:2569-77 pubmed..In conclusion, JNK plays a pivotal role in mediating lung injury caused by I/R. Therefore, inhibition of JNK activity has potential as an effective therapeutic strategy for preventing I/R injury during lung transplantation. ..
- Endo T, Abe S, Seidlar H, Nagaoka S, Takemura T, Utsuyama M, et al. Expression of IAP family proteins in colon cancers from patients with different age groups. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2004;53:770-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of IAP family proteins, especially survivin, is associated with the age-related biological characteristics of colon cancer. ..
- Okamura K, Sakaki Y, Ito T. Comparative genomics approach toward critical determinants for the imprinting of an evolutionarily conserved gene Impact. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:824-30 pubmed publisher..It thus seems that lineage-specific enhancement of gene expression rather than the tandem repeat per se played a critical role in the evolution of imprinting of Impact...
- Iijima T, Imai T, Kimura Y, Bernstein A, Okano H, Yuzaki M, et al. Hzf protein regulates dendritic localization and BDNF-induced translation of type 1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor mRNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17190-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that Hzf is an RNA-binding protein that controls the dendritic mRNA localization and activity-dependent translation of IP(3)RI, and may be involved in some aspects of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Wei J, Fujita M, Nakai M, Waragai M, Watabe K, Akatsu H, et al. Enhanced lysosomal pathology caused by beta-synuclein mutants linked to dementia with Lewy bodies. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28904-14 pubmed..We suggest that these missense mutations of beta-syn might play a causative role in stimulating neurodegeneration...
- Suda N. Comprehensive gene expression analysis in human periodontal ligaments of the mandibular third molars performing vertical movement and the maxillary second premolars with occlusal contact. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2008;11:1-7 pubmed publisher..The present comprehensive gene expression in PDLs provides new insights into the molecular mechanism during the vertical tooth movement. ..
- Sou Y, Waguri S, Iwata J, Ueno T, Fujimura T, Hara T, et al. The Atg8 conjugation system is indispensable for proper development of autophagic isolation membranes in mice. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4762-75 pubmed publisher..The results indicate the essential role of the Atg8 system in the proper development of autophagic isolation membranes in mice. ..
- Kojima K, Nosaka H, Kishimoto Y, Nishiyama Y, Fukuda S, Shimada M, et al. Defective glycosylation of ?-dystroglycan contributes to podocyte flattening. Kidney Int. 2011;79:311-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicate that appropriate glycosylation of ?-dystroglycan has an important role in the maintenance of podocyte architecture. ..
- Nishino K, Toyoda M, Yamazaki Inoue M, Fukawatase Y, Chikazawa E, Sakaguchi H, et al. DNA methylation dynamics in human induced pluripotent stem cells over time. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002085 pubmed publisher..Taken together, random methylation and convergence are driving forces for long-term reprogramming of iPSCs to ESCs. ..
- Suzuki S, Sawada T, Ishizone T, Serizawa T. Affinity-based thermoresponsive precipitation of proteins modified with polymer-binding peptides. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:5670-3 pubmed publisher..A model protein (i.e., human serum albumin (HSA)) chemically modified with the peptide was successfully precipitated with PNIPAM above the lower critical solution temperature (LCST) of PNIPAM. ..
- Kaneda A, Kaminishi M, Nakanishi Y, Sugimura T, Ushijima T. Reduced expression of the insulin-induced protein 1 and p41 Arp2/3 complex genes in human gastric cancers. Int J Cancer. 2002;100:57-62 pubmed..INSIG1 and p41-Arc are known to be involved in cellular differentiation and morphology, respectively, and it was suggested that their reduced expressions might be involved in gastric cancer development or progression. ..
- Shikama Y, Yamada M, Miyashita T. Caspase-8 and caspase-10 activate NF-kappaB through RIP, NIK and IKKalpha kinases. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1998-2006 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that caspase-8 and -10 have roles in a non- or anti-apoptotic signaling pathway leading to NF-kappaB activation through RIP, NIK and IKKalpha. ..
- Akiba H, Nakano H, Nishinaka S, Shindo M, Kobata T, Atsuta M, et al. CD27, a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, activates NF-kappaB and stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun N-terminal kinase via TRAF2, TRAF5, and NF-kappaB-inducing kinase. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:13353-8 pubmed..These results indicate that TRAF2 and TRAF5 are involved in NF-kappaB and SAPK/JNK activation by CD27, and NIK is a common downstream kinase of TRAF2 and TRAF5 for NF-kappaB and SAPK/JNK activation. ..
- Kojima T, Morikawa Y, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Senba E, et al. TROY, a newly identified member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, exhibits a homology with Edar and is expressed in embryonic skin and hair follicles. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:20742-7 pubmed..The Troy gene is located near the waved coat (Wc) locus, a mutant related to abnormalities in skin and hair. ..
- Kirikoshi H, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse Wnt14b, clustered with mouse Wnt3 in mouse chromosome 11. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:135-9 pubmed..Mouse Wnt14b mRNA was relatively highly expressed in 17-day embryo, and also expressed in adult brain, kidney, liver, 7-day embryo, and 11-day embryo. This is the first report on molecular cloning and characterization of mouse Wnt14b. ..
- Imoto I, Tsuda H, Hirasawa A, Miura M, Sakamoto M, Hirohashi S, et al. Expression of cIAP1, a target for 11q22 amplification, correlates with resistance of cervical cancers to radiotherapy. Cancer Res. 2002;62:4860-6 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that cIAP1 may play an important role in the development/progression of this disease and that cIAP1 could be a novel predictive marker for resistance to radiotherapy in individual CSCC patients. ..
- Kohsaka T, Yuan Z, Guo S, Tagawa M, Nakamura A, Nakano M, et al. The significance of human jagged 1 mutations detected in severe cases of extrahepatic biliary atresia. Hepatology. 2002;36:904-12 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that the JAG1 gene abnormality may be an aggravating factor in EHBA. ..
- Sugimoto K, Kage H, Aki N, Sano A, Kitagawa H, Nagase T, et al. The induction of H3K9 methylation by PIWIL4 at the p16Ink4a locus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:497-502 pubmed..The elevated level of histone methylation resulted in the downregulation of the p16(Ink4a) gene. These results suggest PIWIL4 plays important roles in the chromatin-modifying pathway in human somatic cells. ..
- Kotake S, Yago T, Kawamoto M, Nanke Y. The role of T-cell leukemia translocation-associated gene protein in human tumorigenesis and osteoclastogenesis. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012;2012:675317 pubmed publisher..In the current paper, we reviewed the roles of TCTA protein in lung cancer cell lines and human osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Saitoh T, Mine T, Katoh M. Up-regulation of WNT8B mRNA in human gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2002;20:343-8 pubmed..WNT8B might play key roles in gastric cancer through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. ..
- Hino O, Kobayashi T, Momose S, Kikuchi Y, Adachi H, Okimoto K. Renal carcinogenesis: genotype, phenotype and dramatype. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:142-7 pubmed
- Sasaki Y. New aspects of neurotransmitter release and exocytosis: Rho-kinase-dependent myristoylated alanine-rich C-kinase substrate phosphorylation and regulation of neurofilament structure in neuronal cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2003;93:35-40 pubmed..In this section, I address a novel mechanism for MARCKS phosphorylation and its related cellular function. ..
- Hirano M, Noda T. Genomic organization of the mouse Msh4 gene producing bicistronic, chimeric and antisense mRNA. Gene. 2004;342:165-77 pubmed..It also appeared that expression of variant delta induces cell death. This study suggests that the dynamic interchromosomal (intergenic) trans-splicing generates functional diversity of the mouse Msh4 gene. ..
- Saitoh T, Yamamoto M, Miyagishi M, Taira K, Nakanishi M, Fujita T, et al. A20 is a negative regulator of IFN regulatory factor 3 signaling. J Immunol. 2005;174:1507-12 pubmed..Our study thus demonstrates that A20 is a candidate negative regulator of the signaling cascade to IRF-3 activation in the innate antiviral response. ..
- Nakabayashi K, Trujillo A, Tayama C, Camprubí C, Yoshida W, Lapunzina P, et al. Methylation screening of reciprocal genome-wide UPDs identifies novel human-specific imprinted genes. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3188-97 pubmed publisher..These three genes are biallelically expressed in mice due to lack of differential methylation, suggesting that these genes have become imprinted after the divergence of mouse and humans. ..
- Ichiba T, Matsufuji S, Miyazaki Y, Hayashi S. Nucleotide sequence of ornithine decarboxylase antizyme cDNA from Xenopus laevis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1262:83-6 pubmed..Sequences important for frameshifting, namely the frameshift site and downstream stimulatory pseudoknot determined in the rat mRNA, are conserved. ..
- Nonoyama S, Ochs H. Characterization of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein and its role in the disease. Curr Opin Immunol. 1998;10:407-12 pubmed..Subsequent studies suggest that the protein is involved in signal transduction and the regulation of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Kawaguchi Y, Nishimagi E, Tochimoto A, Kawamoto M, Katsumata Y, Soejima M, et al. Intracellular IL-1alpha-binding proteins contribute to biological functions of endogenous IL-1alpha in systemic sclerosis fibroblasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14501-6 pubmed..These findings reveal that nuclear localization of pre-IL-1alpha depends on the binding to HAX-1 and that biological activities might be elicited by the binding to both HAX-1 and IL-1RII in SSc fibroblasts. ..
- Ishiura H, Sako W, Yoshida M, Kawarai T, Tanabe O, Goto J, et al. The TRK-fused gene is mutated in hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy with proximal dominant involvement. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:320-9 pubmed publisher..Pathological overlap of proteinopathies involving TFG and TDP-43 highlights a new pathway leading to motor neuron degeneration. ..
- Tanaka K, Shirai A, Ito Y, Namba T, Tahara K, Yamakawa N, et al. Expression of 150-kDa oxygen-regulated protein (ORP150) stimulates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis and dysfunction in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:818-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that although ORP150 is protective against bleomycin-induced lung injury, this protein could stimulate bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis by increasing pulmonary levels of TGF-?1 and myofibroblasts. ..
- Yamamoto T, Horikoshi M. Novel substrate specificity of the histone acetyltransferase activity of HIV-1-Tat interactive protein Tip60. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:30595-8 pubmed..These results indicate that Tip60 is a histone acetyltransferase with a novel property, suggesting that Tip60 and its related factors may introduce a distinct alteration on chromatin. ..
- Ohne Y, Takahara T, Hatakeyama R, Matsuzaki T, Noda M, Mizushima N, et al. Isolation of hyperactive mutants of mammalian target of rapamycin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31861-70 pubmed publisher..This hyperactive mTOR mutant will be a valuable tool for establishing physiological consequences of mTOR activation in cells as well as in organisms. ..
- Hashimoto Y, Tsuji O, Niikura T, Yamagishi Y, Ishizaka M, Kawasumi M, et al. Involvement of c-Jun N-terminal kinase in amyloid precursor protein-mediated neuronal cell death. J Neurochem. 2003;84:864-77 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that JNK is involved in APP-mediated neuronal cell death as a downstream signal transducer of Go. ..
- Satoh J, Tabunoki H, Ishida T, Saito Y, Arima K. Immunohistochemical characterization of ?-secretase activating protein expression in Alzheimer's disease brains. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2012;38:132-41 pubmed publisher..Aberrant regulation of GSAP expression plays a key role in acceleration of ?-cleavage of APP-CTF and accumulation of A? in AD brains. ..
- Takahashi S, Yokota C, Takano K, Tanegashima K, Onuma Y, Goto J, et al. Two novel nodal-related genes initiate early inductive events in Xenopus Nieuwkoop center. Development. 2000;127:5319-29 pubmed..The expression of Xnr5 and Xnr6 is regulated by maternal VegT and (beta)-catenin, but does not require TGF-(beta) signaling. Therefore, expression of Xnr5 and Xnr6 is controlled by different mechanisms from other Xnr family genes. ..
- Wang M, Suzuki T, Kitada T, Asakawa S, Minoshima S, Shimizu N, et al. Developmental changes in the expression of parkin and UbcR7, a parkin-interacting and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, in rat brain. J Neurochem. 2001;77:1561-8 pubmed..Co-expression of UbcR7 with parkin suggests that UbcR7 may interact with parkin in vivo for ubiquitination of yet unidentified target protein(s). ..
- Saitoh T, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WNT5B on chromosome 12p13.3 region. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:347-51 pubmed..WNT5B might be implicated in human carcinogenesis through activation of the WNT-beta-catenin-TCF signaling pathway, just like Wnt5a. ..
- Nagase T, Uozumi N, Ishii S, Kita Y, Yamamoto H, Ohga E, et al. A pivotal role of cytosolic phospholipase A(2) in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Nat Med. 2002;8:480-4 pubmed..The inhibition of cPLA(2)-initiated pathways might provide a novel therapeutic approach to pulmonary fibrosis, for which no pharmaceutical agents are currently available. ..
- Yokomizoi K, Nakayama A, Hokazono E, Ninomiya A, Miyake R, Hiratsuka N, et al. [Analysis of proteins in urinary tract stones and urine of urolithic patients]. Rinsho Byori. 2005;53:1109-15 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that analysis of fractionated urinary proteins or protein components of urinary tract stone may provide a tool for monitoring the prognosis or relapse in the patients. ..
- Washio Oikawa K, Nakamura T, Usui M, Yoneda M, Ezura Y, Ishikawa I, et al. Expression analysis of LacZ gene placed in the locus of Cnot7 exhibits its activity in osteoblasts in vivo and in mineralized nodules in vitro. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:538-44 pubmed..Cnot7 expression was enhanced by the treatment with BMP. These data suggest that Cnot7 is expressed in osteoblasts and is associated with mineralization. ..