Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: protein binding
Publications453 found, 100 shown here
- Yogosawa S, Kawasaki M, Wakatsuki S, Kominami E, Shiba Y, Nakayama K, et al. Monoubiquitylation of GGA3 by hVPS18 regulates its ubiquitin-binding ability. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;350:82-90 pubmed..These results suggest that the ubiquitin binding and ubiquitylation of GGA3-GAT domain are mutually inseparable through a ubiquitin ligase activity of hVPS18. ..
- Idogawa M, Masutani M, Shitashige M, Honda K, Tokino T, Shinomura Y, et al. Ku70 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 competitively regulate beta-catenin and T-cell factor-4-mediated gene transactivation: possible linkage of DNA damage recognition and Wnt signaling. Cancer Res. 2007;67:911-8 pubmed..Identification of the functional interaction of Ku70 as well as PARP-1 with the TCF-4 and beta-catenin transcriptional complex may provide insights into a novel linkage between DNA damage recognition/repair and Wnt signaling. ..
- Suzuki M, Mimuro H, Kiga K, Fukumatsu M, Ishijima N, Morikawa H, et al. Helicobacter pylori CagA phosphorylation-independent function in epithelial proliferation and inflammation. Cell Host Microbe. 2009;5:23-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, nonphosphorylated CagA activity contributes to the epithelial proliferative and proinflammatory responses associated with development of chronic gastritis and gastric cancer. ..
- Yoshida T, Nasu H, Namba E, Ubukata O, Yamashita M. Discovery of a compound which acts as a bacterial UMP kinase PyrH inhibitor. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2012;330:121-6 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus, H. influenzae (acrA knockout strain), suggesting that PYRH-1 is a prototype chemical compound that can be harnessed as an antimicrobial drug with a novel mode of action by targeting bacterial PyrH. ..
- Yamagishi Y, Yang C, Tanno Y, Watanabe Y. MPS1/Mph1 phosphorylates the kinetochore protein KNL1/Spc7 to recruit SAC components. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:746-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, MPS1/Mph1 kinase locating at the unattached kinetochores initially creates a mark, which is crucial for SAC activation and chromosome bi-orientation. This mechanism seems to be conserved in human cells. ..
- Nakamura T, Saito H, Takekawa M. SAPK pathways and p53 cooperatively regulate PLK4 activity and centrosome integrity under stress. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1775 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal a mechanism that preserves the numeral integrity of centrosomes, and an unexplored tumour-suppressive function of MKK4...
- Sakamoto T, Weng J, Hara T, Yoshino S, Kozuka Hata H, Oyama M, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 regulation through cross talk between mTOR and MT1-MMP. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:30-42 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a novel molecular link between the important hub proteins MT1-MMP and mTOR that contributes to tumor malignancy. ..
- Kikuchi H, Nakayama M, Kuribayashi F, Imajoh Ohmi S, Nishitoh H, Takami Y, et al. Protein kinase C? gene expression is oppositely regulated by GCN5 and EBF1 in immature B cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1739-42 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay revealed that GCN5 binds to the 5'-flanking region of the chicken PKC? gene and acetylates histone H3, and EBF1 binds to the 5'-flanking region of the gene surrounding putative EBF1 binding motifs. ..
- Morohashi Y, Hatano N, Ohya S, Takikawa R, Watabiki T, Takasugi N, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of CALP/KChIP4, a novel EF-hand protein interacting with presenilin 2 and voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv4. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:14965-75 pubmed..Taken together, CALP/KChIP4 is a novel EF-hand protein interacting with PS as well as with Kv4 that may modulate functions of a subset of membrane proteins in brain. ..
- Uchida N, Hoshino S, Katada T. Identification of a human cytoplasmic poly(A) nuclease complex stimulated by poly(A)-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1383-91 pubmed..Consistent with the roles of hPan2 and hPan3 in mRNA decay, the two subunits exhibit cytoplasmic co-localization. Thus, the human PAN complex is a poly(A)-specific exoribonuclease that is stimulated by PABP in the cytoplasm. ..
- Kuratomi G, Komuro A, Goto K, Shinozaki M, Miyazawa K, Miyazono K, et al. NEDD4-2 (neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4-2) negatively regulates TGF-beta (transforming growth factor-beta) signalling by inducing ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Smad2 and TGF-beta type I receptor. Biochem J. 2005;386:461-70 pubmed
- Kakuda N, Funamoto S, Yagishita S, Takami M, Osawa S, Dohmae N, et al. Equimolar production of amyloid beta-protein and amyloid precursor protein intracellular domain from beta-carboxyl-terminal fragment by gamma-secretase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14776-86 pubmed..These strongly suggest that epsilon-cleavage is the primary event, and the produced Abeta48 and Abeta49 rapidly undergo gamma-cleavage, resulting in generation of various Abeta species. ..
- Takahara T, Hara K, Yonezawa K, Sorimachi H, Maeda T. Nutrient-dependent multimerization of the mammalian target of rapamycin through the N-terminal HEAT repeat region. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28605-14 pubmed..In addition, Saccharomyces cerevisiae TOR proteins Tor1p and Tor2p also exist as homomultimers. These results suggest that TOR multimerization is a conserved mechanism for TOR functioning. ..
- Hamazaki J, Iemura S, Natsume T, Yashiroda H, Tanaka K, Murata S. A novel proteasome interacting protein recruits the deubiquitinating enzyme UCH37 to 26S proteasomes. EMBO J. 2006;25:4524-36 pubmed..Knockdown of hRpn13 caused no obvious proteolytic defect but loss of UCH37 proteins and decrease in deubiquitinating activity of 26S proteasomes. Our results indicate that hRpn13 is essential for the activity of UCH37. ..
- Natsume R, Eitoku M, Akai Y, Sano N, Horikoshi M, Senda T. Structure and function of the histone chaperone CIA/ASF1 complexed with histones H3 and H4. Nature. 2007;446:338-41 pubmed
- Noda Y, Horikawa S, Kanda E, Yamashita M, Meng H, Eto K, et al. Reciprocal interaction with G-actin and tropomyosin is essential for aquaporin-2 trafficking. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:587-601 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a novel mechanism of channel protein trafficking, in which the channel protein itself critically regulates local actin reorganization to initiate its movement. ..
- Hemmi H, Idoyaga J, Suda K, Suda N, Kennedy K, Noda M, et al. A new triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells (Trem) family member, Trem-like 4, binds to dead cells and is a DNAX activation protein 12-linked marker for subsets of mouse macrophages and dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:1278-86 pubmed..Thus, Treml4 is a new Trem family molecule that is abundantly expressed on CD8alpha(+) DCs and subsets of splenic resident macrophages, and can recognize dead cells by different types of phagocytes in spleen. ..
- Taniue K, Nishida A, Hamada F, Sugie A, Oda T, Ui Tei K, et al. Sunspot, a link between Wingless signaling and endoreplication in Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:1755-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, Ssp was found not to be involved in the signaling pathway mediated by Arm associated with dTCF. Our findings indicate that Arm controls development in part by regulating the function of Ssp. ..
- Uno S, Masai H. Efficient expression and purification of human replication fork-stabilizing factor, Claspin, from mammalian cells: DNA-binding activity and novel protein interactions. Genes Cells. 2011;16:842-56 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss the advantage of this system for purification and characterization of those proteins that are large and have been difficult to deal with. ..
- Yorimitsu T, Sato K. Insights into structural and regulatory roles of Sec16 in COPII vesicle formation at ER exit sites. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2930-42 pubmed publisher..These features ensure prolonged COPII coat association within a preformed Sec16 cluster, which may lead to the formation of ERES. Our results indicate a mechanistic relationship between COPII coat assembly and ERES formation. ..
- Sato S, Sakurai T, Ogasawara J, Takahashi M, Izawa T, Imaizumi K, et al. A circadian clock gene, Rev-erb?, modulates the inflammatory function of macrophages through the negative regulation of Ccl2 expression. J Immunol. 2014;192:407-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Rev-erb? may be a key link between aging- or obesity-associated impairment of clockwork and inflammation. ..
- Nagashima S, Maruyama J, Kawano S, Iwasa H, Nakagawa K, Ishigami Yuasa M, et al. Validation of chemical compound library screening for transcriptional co-activator with PDZ-binding motif inhibitors using GFP-fused transcriptional co-activator with PDZ-binding motif. Cancer Sci. 2016;107:791-802 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the GFP-TAZ-based assay can be used as the first screening for compounds that inhibit TAZ and show anticancer properties. To develop anticancer drugs, we need additional assays to select the compounds. ..
- Mihara N, Chiba T, Yamaguchi K, Sudo H, Yagishita H, Imai K. Minimal essential region for krüppel-like factor 5 expression and the regulation by specificity protein 3-GC box binding. Gene. 2017;601:36-43 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that a 186bp region is the minimal essential region and that Sp3-GC1 binding is essential to the basal expression of KLF5. ..
- Kubo H, Yamada Y, Taguchi F. Localization of neutralizing epitopes and the receptor-binding site within the amino-terminal 330 amino acids of the murine coronavirus spike protein. J Virol. 1994;68:5403-10 pubmed..These results indicated that a domain composed of 330 aa at the N terminus of the S1 protein is responsible for binding to the MHV-specific receptor. ..
- Hanzawa H, Haruyama H, Konishi K, Watanabe K, Tsurufuji S. Subunit association and monomer structure of CINC/Gro revealed by 1H-NMR. J Biochem. 1997;121:835-41 pubmed
- Lee D, Tomita S, Kirino Y, Suzuki T. Regulation of X11L-dependent amyloid precursor protein metabolism by XB51, a novel X11L-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23134-8 pubmed..These observations suggest that XB51, together with X11L, plays an important role in the regulatory system of amyloid precursor protein metabolism and beta-amyloid generation. ..
- Murakami M, Koduri R, Enomoto A, Shimbara S, Seki M, Yoshihara K, et al. Distinct arachidonate-releasing functions of mammalian secreted phospholipase A2s in human embryonic kidney 293 and rat mastocytoma RBL-2H3 cells through heparan sulfate shuttling and external plasma membrane mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10083-96 pubmed
- Sato H, Nishimoto I, Matsuoka M. ik3-2, a relative to ik3-1/cables, is associated with cdk3, cdk5, and c-abl. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1574:157-63 pubmed..Northern blot analysis indicated that ik3-2 is expressed ubiquitously all over tissues. ..
- Shindo M, Irie K, Masuda A, Ohigashi H, Shirai Y, Miyasaka K, et al. Synthesis and phorbol ester binding of the cysteine-rich domains of diacylglycerol kinase (DGK) isozymes. DGKgamma and DGKbeta are new targets of tumor-promoting phorbol esters. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18448-54 pubmed..These results indicate that 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate binds to C1A of DGKgamma to cause its translocation. ..
- Rump A, Morikawa Y, Tanaka M, Minami S, Umesaki N, Takeuchi M, et al. Binding of ovarian cancer antigen CA125/MUC16 to mesothelin mediates cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9190-8 pubmed
- Matsumura T, Suzuki T, Aizawa K, Munemasa Y, Muto S, Horikoshi M, et al. The deacetylase HDAC1 negatively regulates the cardiovascular transcription factor Krüppel-like factor 5 through direct interaction. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12123-9 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel role and mechanism for regulation of transcription by deacetylase. ..
- Sekine K, Hao Y, Suzuki Y, Takahashi R, Tsuruo T, Naito M. HtrA2 cleaves Apollon and induces cell death by IAP-binding motif in Apollon-deficient cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:279-85 pubmed..These results indicate that HtrA2 induces apoptosis in two different mechanisms, one with serine protease domain and the other with IAP-binding motif, in Apollon-deficient cells. ..
- Hirabayashi S, Mori H, Kansaku A, Kurihara H, Sakai T, Shimizu F, et al. MAGI-1 is a component of the glomerular slit diaphragm that is tightly associated with nephrin. Lab Invest. 2005;85:1528-43 pubmed..MAGI-1 may play a role in determining the boundary between the apical and the bosolateral domain at the level of slit diaphragm. ..
- Kobayashi E, Shimazaki M, Miyamoto Y, Masuno H, Yamamoto K, DeLuca H, et al. Structure-activity relationships of 19-norvitamin D analogs having a fluoroethylidene group at the C-2 position. Bioorg Med Chem. 2007;15:1475-82 pubmed..On the basis of the biological activities and a docking simulation based on X-ray crystallographic analysis of the VDR ligand-binding pocket, the structure-activity relationships of the fluorinated 19-norvitamin D analogs are discussed. ..
- Yamatsugu K, Motoki R, Kanai M, Shibasaki M. Identification of potent, selective protein kinase C inhibitors based on a phorbol skeleton. Chem Asian J. 2006;1:314-21 pubmed..This finding cannot be explained by the previously proposed binding model and suggests a new binding mode between phorbol esters and PKC. ..
- Kawahara G, Ogawa M, Okada M, Malicdan M, Goto Y, Hayashi Y, et al. Diminished binding of mutated collagen VI to the extracellular matrix surrounding myocytes. Muscle Nerve. 2008;38:1192-5 pubmed publisher..This indicates that heterozygous mutations in COL6 genes diminish the anchorage of collagen VI microfibrils to the extracellular matrix surrounding myocytes. This is the cause for sarcolemma-specific collagen VI deficiency. ..
- Shirato H, Ogawa S, Ito H, Sato T, Kameyama A, Narimatsu H, et al. Noroviruses distinguish between type 1 and type 2 histo-blood group antigens for binding. J Virol. 2008;82:10756-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicated that HBGAs are important factors in determining tissue specificity and the risk of transmission. ..
- Takaku M, Machida S, Nakayama S, Takahashi D, Kurumizaka H. Biochemical analysis of the human EVL domains in homologous recombination. FEBS J. 2009;276:5841-8 pubmed publisher..Structured digital abstract: * MINT-7239394: EVL (uniprotkb:Q9UI08) binds (MI:0407) to RAD51 (uniprotkb:Q06609) by pull down (MI:0096). ..
- Osakabe A, Tachiwana H, Takaku M, Hori T, Obuse C, Kimura H, et al. Vertebrate Spt2 is a novel nucleolar histone chaperone that assists in ribosomal DNA transcription. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1323-32 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that vertebrate Spt2 is a novel histone chaperone with a separate DNA-binding domain that facilitates ribosomal DNA transcription through chromatin remodeling during transcription. ..
- Nozawa K, Ishitani R, Yoshihisa T, Sato M, Arisaka F, Kanamaru S, et al. Crystal structure of Cex1p reveals the mechanism of tRNA trafficking between nucleus and cytoplasm. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:3901-14 pubmed publisher..These results provide the structural basis of Los1p·Gsp1p·Cex1p·tRNA complex formation, thus clarifying the dynamic mechanism of tRNA shuttling from exportin to the translational apparatus. ..
- Ouchi T, Tomita T, Horie A, Yoshida A, Takahashi K, Nishida H, et al. Lysine and arginine biosyntheses mediated by a common carrier protein in Sulfolobus. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:277-83 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis reveals that gene duplication events at different stages of evolution led to ArgX and LysX. ..
- Goto T, Shiina A, Yoshino T, Mizukami K, Hirahara K, Suzuki O, et al. Identification of the fused bicyclic 4-amino-2-phenylpyrimidine derivatives as novel and potent PDE4 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:3325-8 pubmed publisher..The binding mode of the new inhibitor (31e) in the catalytic site of PDE4B is presented based on an X-ray crystal structure of the ligand-enzyme complex. ..
- Kojima K, Ogawa H, Seno N, Yamamoto K, Irimura T, Osawa T, et al. Carbohydrate-binding proteins in bovine kidney have consensus amino acid sequences of annexin family proteins. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20536-9 pubmed..In the presence of Ca2+, both proteins bound to vesicles composed of phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamine, but not phosphatidylcholine. These results indicated that p33 and p41 are members of annexin family proteins. ..
- Seimiya H, Sawada H, Muramatsu Y, Shimizu M, Ohko K, Yamane K, et al. Involvement of 14-3-3 proteins in nuclear localization of telomerase. EMBO J. 2000;19:2652-61 pubmed..14-3-3 binding was not required for telomerase activity either in vitro or in cell extracts. These observations suggest that 14-3-3 enhances nuclear localization of TERT by inhibiting the CRM1 binding to the TERT NES-like motif. ..
- Matsui T, Kinoshita T, Hirano T, Yokota T, Miyajima A. STAT3 down-regulates the expression of cyclin D during liver development. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36167-73 pubmed..Thus, STAT3-mediated down-regulation of cyclin D expression is rather specific to fetal hepatocytes that are undergoing maturation processes including a reduction of their proliferation potential. ..
- Nishiya N, Shirai T, Suzuki W, Nose K. Hic-5 interacts with GIT1 with a different binding mode from paxillin. J Biochem. 2002;132:279-89 pubmed..Thus, it was demonstrated that Hic-5 and GIT1 interact functionally in addition to showing a physical association. ..
- Watanabe N, Wachi S, Fujita T. Identification and characterization of BCL-3-binding protein: implications for transcription and DNA repair or recombination. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26102-10 pubmed..These observations might help to gain new insights into the function of BCL-3 and p300/CBP, especially the coupling of transcription with repair or recombination. ..
- Kono A, Umeda Hara C, Lee J, Ito M, Uchimiya H, Umeda M. Arabidopsis D-type cyclin CYCD4;1 is a novel cyclin partner of B2-type cyclin-dependent kinase. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:1315-21 pubmed..Our results suggest that CDKB2;1 and CYCD4;1 may form an active kinase complex during G2/M phase and control the development of particular tissues. ..
- Kim M, Tezuka T, Tanaka K, Yamamoto T. Cbl-c suppresses v-Src-induced transformation through ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation. Oncogene. 2004;23:1645-55 pubmed..Therefore, activated Src may be a direct target of Cbl-c in vivo. Our results suggest that Cbl and Cbl-b suppress v-Src-induced transformation through mechanisms distinct from that of Cbl-c. ..
- Nakata A, Ito T, Nagata M, Hori S, Sekimizu K. GRIP1tau, a novel PDZ domain-containing transcriptional activator, cooperates with the testis-specific transcription elongation factor SII-T1. Genes Cells. 2004;9:1125-35 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that GRIP1tau is a novel testis-specific transcriptional activator regulated by interaction with the testis-specific transcription elongation factor SII-T1. ..
- Maeda K, Kimura S, Demura T, Takeda J, Ozeki Y. DcMYB1 acts as a transcriptional activator of the carrot phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene (DcPAL1) in response to elicitor treatment, UV-B irradiation and the dilution effect. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;59:739-52 pubmed..These results suggest that DcMYB1 is the main regulatory factor acting on box-L sequences in the DcPAL1 gene that respond to environmental cues. ..
- Tanabe C, Hotoda N, Sasagawa N, Sehara Fujisawa A, Maruyama K, Ishiura S. ADAM19 is tightly associated with constitutive Alzheimer's disease APP alpha-secretase in A172 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:111-7 pubmed..The amount of secreted sAPPalpha decreased by about 21% following RNAi. These results suggest that ADAM19 has a constitutive alpha-secretase activity for APP. ..
- Kawashima T, Bao Y, Minoshima Y, Nomura Y, Hatori T, Hori T, et al. A Rac GTPase-activating protein, MgcRacGAP, is a nuclear localizing signal-containing nuclear chaperone in the activation of STAT transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1796-813 pubmed publisher..Thus, MgcRacGAP functions as both a critical mediator of STAT's tyrosine phosphorylation and an NLS-containing nuclear chaperone of p-STATs. ..
- Suzuki E, Zhao Y, Ito S, Sawatsubashi S, Murata T, Furutani T, et al. Aberrant E2F activation by polyglutamine expansion of androgen receptor in SBMA neurotoxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3818-22 pubmed publisher..This appears to lead to androgen-dependent onset of SBMA through aberrant E2F transactivation caused by suppressed histone deacetylation. ..
- Mogi T. Probing the haem d-binding site in cytochrome bd quinol oxidase by site-directed mutagenesis. J Biochem. 2009;145:763-70 pubmed publisher..4 mM of the wild-type. Blue shifts in the alpha peak of I98F suggest that Ile98 is in the vicinity of the haem d-binding site. Our data are consistent with the proposal that Glu99 serves as a haem d ligand of cytochrome bd. ..
- Araiso Y, Sherrer R, Ishitani R, Ho J, Soll D, Nureki O. Structure of a tRNA-dependent kinase essential for selenocysteine decoding. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16215-20 pubmed publisher..The geometry and electrostatic environment of the groove in MjPSTK are perfectly complementary to the unusually long acceptor helix of tRNA(Sec)...
- Gong H, Kobayashi K, Sugi T, Takemae H, Kurokawa H, Horimoto T, et al. A novel PAN/apple domain-containing protein from Toxoplasma gondii: characterization and receptor identification. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30169 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that P104, expressed at the apical end of the extracellular parasite, may function as a ligand in the attachment of T. gondii to CS or other receptors on the host cell, facilitating invasion by the parasite. ..
- Watanabe Y, Kitazawa S, Fujii H, Nemoto T, Hirayama S, Nagase H. Design and synthesis of novel opioid ligands with an azabicyclo[2.2.2]octane skeleton and their pharmacologies. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:2689-92 pubmed publisher..2.2]octane skeleton. Azabicyclo[2.2.2]octane derivative 18d with a cyclopropylmethyl group on the 8-nitrogen showed the highest affinity for the μ receptor among the synthesized derivatives. ..
- Okumura A, Suzuki T, Miyatake H, Okabe T, Hashimoto Y, Miyakawa T, et al. Leukocyte cell-derived chemotaxin 2 is a zinc-binding protein. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:404-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the recombinant LECT2 was found to be self-oligomerized by disulfide bonds in vitro, but this was suppressed by addition of zinc. These results indicated that zinc stabilizes the LECT2 structure. ..
- Wong C, Deguchi J, Nugroho A, Kaneda T, Hadi A, Morita H. Ceramicines from Chisocheton ceramicus as lipid-droplets accumulation inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:1786-8 pubmed publisher..Preliminary structure-activity relationships (SAR) of ceramicines as LDA inhibitors based on ceramicines A-L (1-12) and ceramicine B derivatives were described. ..
- Matsufuji T, Ikeda M, Naito A, Hirouchi M, Kanda S, Izumi M, et al. Arylpiperazines as fatty acid transport protein 1 (FATP1) inhibitors with improved potency and pharmacokinetic properties. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:2560-5 pubmed publisher..In vivo evaluation of triglyceride accumulation in the liver, white gastrocnemius muscle and soleus is also described. ..
- Gabriele M, Vulto van Silfhout A, Germain P, Vitriolo A, Kumar R, Douglas E, et al. YY1 Haploinsufficiency Causes an Intellectual Disability Syndrome Featuring Transcriptional and Chromatin Dysfunction. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:907-925 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define a clinical syndrome caused by haploinsufficiency of YY1 through dysregulation of key transcriptional regulators. ..
- Yamaji N, Celeste A, Thies R, Song J, Bernier S, Goltzman D, et al. A mammalian serine/threonine kinase receptor specifically binds BMP-2 and BMP-4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1944-51 pubmed..During embryogenesis, in situ hybridization analysis indicates that CFK-43a mRNA is localized in developing skeletal tissues in a complementary fashion to the transcripts for its ligands. ..
- Murayama K, Kametani F, Araki W. Extracellular release of BACE1 holoproteins from human neuronal cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:800-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that the release of BACE1 holoproteins may be a physiologically relevant cellular process. ..
- Miyakoshi M, Urata M, Habe H, Omori T, Yamane H, Nojiri H. Differentiation of carbazole catabolic operons by replacement of the regulated promoter via transposition of an insertion sequence. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8450-7 pubmed
- Hayashi C, Ono Y, Doi N, Kitamura F, Tagami M, Mineki R, et al. Multiple molecular interactions implicate the connectin/titin N2A region as a modulating scaffold for p94/calpain 3 activity in skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14801-14 pubmed publisher..These results also implicate the dynamic nature of connectin molecule as a regulatory scaffold of p94 functions. ..
- Takahata M, Inoue Y, Tsuda H, Imoto I, Koinuma D, Hayashi M, et al. SKI and MEL1 cooperate to inhibit transforming growth factor-beta signal in gastric cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3334-44 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel mechanism where distinct transcriptional co-repressors are co-amplified and functionally interact, and provide molecular targets for gastric cancer treatment. ..
- Uchida S, Tanaka Y, Ito H, Saitoh Ohara F, Inazawa J, Yokoyama K, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the CLC-K1 promoter by myc-associated zinc finger protein and kidney-enriched Krüppel-like factor, a novel zinc finger repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7319-31 pubmed..These results suggest that a novel set of zinc finger proteins may help regulate the strict tissue- and nephron segment-specific expression of the CLC-K1 and CLC-K2 channel genes through their GA cis element. ..
- Nakanishi T, Sekimizu K. SDT1/SSM1, a multicopy suppressor of S-II null mutant, encodes a novel pyrimidine 5'-nucleotidase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22103-6 pubmed..e. 6- or 5-modified UMP. This is the first description of a highly specific pyrimidine 5'-nucleotidase in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Ishiwatari Hayasaka H, Maruya M, Sreedhar A, Nemoto T, Csermely P, Yahara I. Interaction of neuropeptide Y and Hsp90 through a novel peptide binding region. Biochemistry. 2003;42:12972-80 pubmed..Mutation of arginine residues in NPY13-36 to alanine abrogated binding to Hsp90. Our studies indicate that the hinge region after the N-terminal domain of Hsp90 and the positive charges on NPY are important for this interaction. ..
- Suzuki H, Kurita M, Mizumoto K, Moriyama M, Aiso S, Nishimoto I, et al. The ARF tumor suppressor inhibits BCL6-mediated transcriptional repression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;326:242-8 pubmed..Either mouse p19(ARF) or human p14(ARF) binds to BCL6 and downregulates BCL6-induced transcriptional repression. ARF-mediated downregulation of the BCL6 activity may account in part for ARF-mediated tumor suppression. ..
- Ogasawara H, Hasegawa A, Kanda E, Miki T, Yamamoto K, Ishihama A. Genomic SELEX search for target promoters under the control of the PhoQP-RstBA signal relay cascade. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:4791-9 pubmed..With these data taken together, we conclude that the expression of both asr and csgD is under the direct control of the PhoQP-RstBA signal relay cascade. ..
- Ichikawa O, Osawa M, Nishida N, Goshima N, Nomura N, Shimada I. Structural basis of the collagen-binding mode of discoidin domain receptor 2. EMBO J. 2007;26:4168-76 pubmed..The surface profile of the collagen-binding site suggests that the DDR2-DS domain recognizes specific sites on fibrillar collagen. This study provides a molecular basis for the collagen-binding mode of the DDR2-DS domain. ..
- Sugimoto N, Kitabayashi I, Osano S, Tatsumi Y, Yugawa T, Narisawa Saito M, et al. Identification of novel human Cdt1-binding proteins by a proteomics approach: proteolytic regulation by APC/CCdh1. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1007-21 pubmed..Thus, in addition to SCF(Skp2) and cullin4-based ubiquitin ligases, APC/C(Cdh1) is a third ubiquitin ligase that plays a crucial role in proteolytic regulation of Cdt1 in mammalian cells. ..
- Suzuki N, Tsumoto K, Hajicek N, Daigo K, Tokita R, Minami S, et al. Activation of leukemia-associated RhoGEF by Galpha13 with significant conformational rearrangements in the interface. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5000-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that LARG activation is regulated by an induced-fit mechanism through the GAP interface of Galpha(13). ..
- Arii J, Uema M, Morimoto T, Sagara H, Akashi H, Ono E, et al. Entry of herpes simplex virus 1 and other alphaherpesviruses via the paired immunoglobulin-like type 2 receptor alpha. J Virol. 2009;83:4520-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that viral entry via PILRalpha appears to be conserved but that there is a PILRalpha preference among alphaherpesviruses. ..
- Akama K, Christian B, Jones C, Ueda T, Takeuchi N, Spremulli L. Analysis of the functional consequences of lethal mutations in mitochondrial translational elongation factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1802:692-8 pubmed publisher..coli aa-tRNA but completely inactivates EF-Tu(mt) for binding to mitochondrial aa-tRNA. Clearly the R336Q mutation in EF-Tu(mt) has a far more drastic effect on its interaction with mitochondrial aa-tRNAs than bacterial aa-tRNAs. ..
- Ohto U, Yamakawa N, Akashi Takamura S, Miyake K, Shimizu T. Structural analyses of human Toll-like receptor 4 polymorphisms D299G and T399I. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40611-7 pubmed publisher..Local structural differences that might affect the binding of the ligands were observed around D299G, but not around T399I, SNP site. ..
- Nunomura W, Gascard P, Wakui H, Takakuwa Y. Phosphatidylinositol-4,5 bisphosphate (PIP(2)) inhibits apo-calmodulin binding to protein 4.1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:434-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PIP2 may play an important role as a modulator of apo-CaM binding to 4.1R(80) throughout evolution. ..
- Sakaki M, Koike H, Takahashi N, Sasagawa N, Tomioka S, Arahata K, et al. Interaction between emerin and nuclear lamins. J Biochem. 2001;129:321-7 pubmed..This is the first report that refers the difference between lamin A and lamin C in the interaction with emerin. These data also suggest that lamin A is important for nuclear membrane integrity. ..
- Shibanuma M, Kim Kaneyama J, Sato S, Nose K. A LIM protein, Hic-5, functions as a potential coactivator for Sp1. J Cell Biochem. 2004;91:633-45 pubmed..Thus, Hic-5 was suggested to have a potential function as a cofactor in the transcriptional complex that contains Sp1, playing a role in gene transcription in the nucleus as well as in integrin signaling at focal adhesion sites. ..
- Tarutani Y, Sasaki A, Yasuda M, Nakashita H, Yoshida S, Yamaguchi I, et al. Identification of three clones which commonly interact with the kinase domains of highly homologous two receptor-like kinases, RLK902 and RKL1. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:2581-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the detail analysis of their responsiveness to various conditions suggests their involvement in such stress conditions as mechanical wounding, treatment with salicylic acid, and pathogen infection. ..
- Najima Y, Yahagi N, Takeuchi Y, Matsuzaka T, Sekiya M, Nakagawa Y, et al. High mobility group protein-B1 interacts with sterol regulatory element-binding proteins to enhance their DNA binding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27523-32 pubmed..These findings raise the intriguing possibility that HMGB1 is potentially involved in the regulation of lipogenic and cholesterogenic gene transcription. ..
- Nunomura W, Parra M, Hebiguchi M, Sawada K, Mohandas N, Takakuwa Y. Marked difference in membrane-protein-binding properties of the two isoforms of protein 4.1R expressed at early and late stages of erythroid differentiation. Biochem J. 2009;417:141-8 pubmed publisher..These findings enable us to offer potential new insights into the differential contribution of 4.1R isoforms to membrane assembly during terminal erythroid differentiation. ..
- Okumura A, Nagao R, Suzuki T, Yamagoe S, Iwai M, Nakazato K, et al. A novel protein in Photosystem II of a diatom Chaetoceros gracilis is one of the extrinsic proteins located on lumenal side and directly associates with PSII core components. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1777:1545-51 pubmed publisher..gracilis PSII. ..
- Ikushima H, Komuro A, Isogaya K, Shinozaki M, Hellman U, Miyazawa K, et al. An Id-like molecule, HHM, is a synexpression group-restricted regulator of TGF-beta signalling. EMBO J. 2008;27:2955-65 pubmed publisher..HHM thus appears to regulate a subset of TGF-beta target genes including the Olig1-Smad synexpression group. HHM is the first example of a cellular response-selective regulator of TGF-beta signalling with clearly determined mechanisms. ..
- Kidokoro S, Maruyama K, Nakashima K, Imura Y, Narusaka Y, Shinwari Z, et al. The phytochrome-interacting factor PIF7 negatively regulates DREB1 expression under circadian control in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:2046-57 pubmed publisher..This negative regulation of DREB1 expression may be important for avoiding plant growth retardation by the accumulation of DREB1 proteins under unstressed conditions. ..