Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Hiroshima, Japan
Locale: Hiroshima, Japan
Topic: protein binding
- Fumoto K, Kadono M, Izumi N, Kikuchi A. Axin localizes to the centrosome and is involved in microtubule nucleation. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:606-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Axin, but not Axin2, is involved in microtubule nucleation by forming a complex with gamma-tubulin at the centrosome. ..
- Nishimichi N, Higashikawa F, Kinoh H, Tateishi Y, Matsuda H, Yokosaki Y. Polymeric osteopontin employs integrin alpha9beta1 as a receptor and attracts neutrophils by presenting a de novo binding site. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14769-76 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that polymerization of OPN generates a novel alpha9beta1-binding site and that the interaction of this site with the alpha9beta1 integrin is critical to the neutrophil chemotaxis induced by polymeric OPN. ..
- Taniguchi K, Nomura K, Hata Y, Nishimura T, Asami Y, Kuroda A. The Si-tag for immobilizing proteins on a silica surface. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2007;96:1023-9 pubmed..A fusion of L2 and firefly luciferase also adsorbed on the glass slide. This L2 silica-binding tag, which we call the "Si-tag," can be used for one-step targeting of functional proteins on silica surfaces. ..
- Mochizuki H, Matsubara A, Teishima J, Mutaguchi K, Yasumoto H, Dahiya R, et al. Interaction of ligand-receptor system between stromal-cell-derived factor-1 and CXC chemokine receptor 4 in human prostate cancer: a possible predictor of metastasis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:656-63 pubmed..This is the first report to investigate the role of interaction of ligand-receptor systems between SDF-1 and CXCR4 in prostate cancer metastasis. ..
- Nomura K, Kato J, Takiguchi N, Ohtake H, Kuroda A. Effects of inorganic polyphosphate on the proteolytic and DNA-binding activities of Lon in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34406-10 pubmed..Collectively, our results showed that polyP may control the cellular activity of Lon not only as a protease but also as a DNA-binding protein. ..
- Nakashima S, Morinaka K, Koyama S, Ikeda M, Kishida M, Okawa K, et al. Small G protein Ral and its downstream molecules regulate endocytosis of EGF and insulin receptors. EMBO J. 1999;18:3629-42 pubmed
- Masuda Y, Takahashi M, Fukuda S, Sumii M, Kamiya K. Mechanisms of dCMP transferase reactions catalyzed by mouse Rev1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3040-6 pubmed..Furthermore, it could be established that the mouse Rev1 protein inserts dGMP and dTMP residues opposite template guanine at a V(max) similar to that for dCMP. ..
- Harada H, Harada Y, Niimi H, Kyo T, Kimura A, Inaba T. High incidence of somatic mutations in the AML1/RUNX1 gene in myelodysplastic syndrome and low blast percentage myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia. Blood. 2004;103:2316-24 pubmed..These data suggested that AML1 point mutation is one of the major driving forces of MDS/AML, and these mutations may represent a distinct clinicopathologic-genetic entity. ..
- Maruyama M, Kumagai T, Matoba Y, Hayashida M, Fujii T, Hata Y, et al. Crystal structures of the transposon Tn5-carried bleomycin resistance determinant uncomplexed and complexed with bleomycin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9992-9 pubmed..That is, Bm complexed with BLMT takes a more extended form than the drug complexed with DNA. ..
- Sakane H, Yamamoto H, Kikuchi A. LRP6 is internalized by Dkk1 to suppress its phosphorylation in the lipid raft and is recycled for reuse. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:360-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Dkk1 induces the internalization of LRP6 to suppress its phosphorylation in the lipid raft and allows subsequent recycling of LRP6 so that it can be reused for signaling. ..
- Sato A, Yamamoto H, Sakane H, Koyama H, Kikuchi A. Wnt5a regulates distinct signalling pathways by binding to Frizzled2. EMBO J. 2010;29:41-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Wnt5a regulates distinct pathways through receptor internalization-dependent and -independent mechanisms. ..
- Kuwada Y, Sasaki T, Morinaka K, Kitadai Y, Mukaida N, Chayama K. Potential involvement of IL-8 and its receptors in the invasiveness of pancreatic cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:765-71 pubmed..These results demonstrate that IL-8 and IL-8 receptors are over-expressed in pancreatic cancer, and suggest that IL-8 regulates MMP-2 activity and plays an important role in the invasiveness of human pancreatic cancer. ..
- Shen M, Yoshida E, Yan W, Kawamoto T, Suardita K, Koyano Y, et al. Basic helix-loop-helix protein DEC1 promotes chondrocyte differentiation at the early and terminal stages. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50112-20 pubmed..To our knowledge, DEC1 is the first transcription factor that can promote both chondrogenic differentiation and terminal differentiation. ..
- Yamamoto H, Ihara M, Matsuura Y, Kikuchi A. Sumoylation is involved in beta-catenin-dependent activation of Tcf-4. EMBO J. 2003;22:2047-59 pubmed..These results suggest that sumoylation of Tcf-4 is involved in beta-catenin-dependent and Tcf-4-mediated gene expression in the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Noshiro M, Usui E, Kawamoto T, Sato F, Nakashima A, Ueshima T, et al. Liver X receptors (LXRalpha and LXRbeta) are potent regulators for hepatic Dec1 expression. Genes Cells. 2009;14:29-40 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that hepatic DEC1 mediates the ligand-dependent LXR signal to regulate the expression of genes involved in the hepatic clock system and metabolism. ..
- Shigeishi H, Higashikawa K, Hiraoka M, Fujimoto S, Mitani Y, Ohta K, et al. Expression of epiregulin, a novel epidermal growth factor ligand associated with prognosis in human oral squamous cell carcinomas. Oncol Rep. 2008;19:1557-64 pubmed..05). These results indicate that human epiregulin is closely linked to the increased or abnormal cell proliferation in human oral SCC. ..
- Motoi N, Suzuki K, Hirota R, Johnson P, Oofusa K, Kikuchi Y, et al. Identification and characterization of nucleoplasmin 3 as a histone-binding protein in embryonic stem cells. Dev Growth Differ. 2008;50:307-20 pubmed publisher..The present study strongly suggests that NPM3 is a chromatin remodeling protein responsible for the unique chromatin structure and replicative capacity of ES cells. ..
- Izumi N, Fumoto K, Izumi S, Kikuchi A. GSK-3beta regulates proper mitotic spindle formation in cooperation with a component of the gamma-tubulin ring complex, GCP5. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12981-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that GSK-3beta regulates the localization of gammaTuRC, including GCP5, to the spindle poles, thereby controlling the formation of proper mitotic spindles. ..
- Kobayashi M, Kishida S, Fukui A, Michiue T, Miyamoto Y, Okamoto T, et al. Nuclear localization of Duplin, a beta-catenin-binding protein, is essential for its inhibitory activity on the Wnt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5816-22 pubmed..Moreover, Duplin has an additional activity of inhibiting the Wnt signaling pathway by affecting the downstream beta-catenin target genes. ..
- Naito Y, Oue N, Hinoi T, Sakamoto N, Sentani K, Ohdan H, et al. Reg IV is a direct target of intestinal transcriptional factor CDX2 in gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47545 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation assays showed that CDX2 binds directly to the 5'-flanking region of REG4. These results indicate that CDX2 protein directly regulates Reg IV expression. ..
- Ohkawa T, Satake S, Yokoi N, Miyazaki Y, Ohshita T, Sobue G, et al. Identification and characterization of GABA(A) receptor autoantibodies in autoimmune encephalitis. J Neurosci. 2014;34:8151-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study establishes anti-GABA(A) receptor encephalitis and expands the pathogenic roles of GABA(A) receptor autoantibodies...
- Masuda Y, Kamiya K. Role of single-stranded DNA in targeting REV1 to primer termini. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24314-21 pubmed..The novel activity of REV1 protein might imply a role for ssDNA in the regulation of translesion DNA synthesis. ..
- Yamamotoya T, Nakatsu Y, Matsunaga Y, Fukushima T, Yamazaki H, Kaneko S, et al. Reduced SHARPIN and LUBAC Formation May Contribute to CCl?- or Acetaminophen-Induced Liver Cirrhosis in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Thus, LUBAC is essential for the survival of hepatocytes, and it is likely that reduction of LUBAC is a factor promoting hepatocyte death in addition to the direct effect of drug toxicity. ..
- Takahashi T, Yamashita H, Nagano Y, Nakamura T, Ohmori H, Avraham H, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Pyk2/related adhesion focal tyrosine kinase-associated protein that inhibits alpha-synuclein phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:42225-33 pubmed..In conclusion, PRAP functions as a downstream target for Pyk2/RAFTK and plays a role in alpha-synuclein phosphorylation. ..
- Uesaka T, Kageyama N. Cdx2 homeodomain protein regulates the expression of MOK, a member of the mitogen-activated protein kinase superfamily, in the intestinal epithelial cells. FEBS Lett. 2004;573:147-54 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that MOK is a direct target gene for Cdx2, and that MOK may be involved in growth arrest and differentiation in the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Hayes C, Akamatsu S, Tsuge M, Miki D, Akiyama R, Abe H, et al. Hepatitis B virus-specific miRNAs and Argonaute2 play a role in the viral life cycle. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47490 pubmed publisher..SiRNA ablation of AGO2 suppressed production of HBV DNA and HBs antigen in the supernatant. These results suggest that AGO2 and HBV-specific miRNAs might play a role in the HBV life cycle. ..
- Fujimoto T, Katsutani S, Shimomura T, Fujimura K. Novel alternatively spliced form of beta(3)-endonexin. Thromb Res. 2002;105:63-70 pubmed..These results suggest the presence of various isoforms and the relationship between subcellular localization and integrin-activating function of beta(3)-endonexin. ..
- Nishibe R, Watanabe W, Ueda T, Yamasaki N, Koller R, Wolff L, et al. CIZ1, a p21Cip1/Waf1-interacting protein, functions as a tumor suppressor in vivo. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1529-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, Ciz1(-/-) mice developed various types of leukemias by retroviral insertional mutagenesis. These results indicate that CIZ1 functions as a tumor suppressor in vivo. ..
- Zhang J, Nakatsu Y, Shinjo T, Guo Y, Sakoda H, Yamamotoya T, et al. Par14 protein associates with insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1), thereby enhancing insulin-induced IRS-1 phosphorylation and metabolic actions. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20692-701 pubmed publisher..This process is likely to be one of the major mechanisms regulating insulin sensitivity and also constitutes a potential therapeutic target for novel insulin-sensitizing agents. ..
- Ikeda M, Ishida O, Hinoi T, Kishida S, Kikuchi A. Identification and characterization of a novel protein interacting with Ral-binding protein 1, a putative effector protein of Ral. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:814-21 pubmed..These results suggest that RalBP1 makes a complex with POB1 and that this complex may provide a link between tyrosine kinase, Src homology 3 (SH3)-containing protein, and Ral. ..
- Yamashina K, Yamamoto H, Chayama K, Nakajima K, Kikuchi A. Suppression of STAT3 activity by Duplin, which is a negative regulator of the Wnt signal. J Biochem. 2006;139:305-14 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Duplin inhibits not only Tcf-4 but also STAT3, suggesting that Duplin may act as a repressor for multiple transcriptional factors. ..
- Fumoto K, Hoogenraad C, Kikuchi A. GSK-3beta-regulated interaction of BICD with dynein is involved in microtubule anchorage at centrosome. EMBO J. 2006;25:5670-82 pubmed..These results imply that GSK-3beta may function in transporting centrosomal proteins to the centrosome by stabilizing the BICD1 and dynein complex, resulting in the regulation of a focused microtubule organization. ..
- Ihara M, Koyama H, Uchimura Y, Saitoh H, Kikuchi A. Noncovalent binding of small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) protease to SUMO is necessary for enzymatic activities and cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16465-75 pubmed..These results indicate that the noncovalent binding of SUMO protease to SUMO through salt bridge is essential for the enzymatic activities and that the balance between sumoylation and desumoylation is important for cell growth control. ..
- Sakita Suto S, Kanda A, Suzuki F, Sato S, Takata T, Tatsuka M. Aurora-B regulates RNA methyltransferase NSUN2. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1107-17 pubmed..These results indicate that Aurora-B participates to regulate the assembly of nucleolar RNA-processing machinery and the RNA methyltransferase activity of NSUN2 via phosphorylation at Ser139 during mitosis. ..
- Irie T, Shimazu Y, Yoshida T, Sakaguchi T. The YLDL sequence within Sendai virus M protein is critical for budding of virus-like particles and interacts with Alix/AIP1 independently of C protein. J Virol. 2007;81:2263-73 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the interaction of multiple viral proteins with Alix/AIP1 may enhance the efficiency of the utilization of cellular MVB sorting machinery for efficient SeV budding...
- Kubo Murai M, Hazeki K, Sukenobu N, Yoshikawa K, Nigorikawa K, Inoue K, et al. Protein kinase Cdelta binds TIRAP/Mal to participate in TLR signaling. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2257-64 pubmed..TLR2- and TLR4-mediated phosphorylation of p38 MAPK, IKK, and IkappaB in RAW264.7 cells were abolished by depletion of PKCdelta. These results suggest that PKCdelta binding to TIRAP/Mal promotes TLR signaling events. ..
- Sato F, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K, Noshiro M, Honda K, Honma S, et al. Functional analysis of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor DEC1 in circadian regulation. Interaction with BMAL1. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4409-19 pubmed..These findings suggest that the basic region of DEC1 participates in the transcriptional regulation through a protein-protein interaction with BMAL1 and DNA binding to the E-box. ..
- Hiraike Y, Waki H, Yu J, Nakamura M, Miyake K, Nagano G, et al. NFIA co-localizes with PPARÎ³ and transcriptionally controls the brown fat gene program. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1081-1092 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NFIA activates the cell-type-specific enhancers and facilitates the binding of PPARÎ³ to control the brown fat gene program. ..
- Fujimoto T, Katsutani S, Shimomura T, Fujimura K. Thrombospondin-bound integrin-associated protein (CD47) physically and functionally modifies integrin alphaIIbbeta3 by its extracellular domain. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26655-65 pubmed..This extracellular event would be a novel mechanism of affinity modulation of integrin. ..
- Kurayoshi M, Yamamoto H, Izumi S, Kikuchi A. Post-translational palmitoylation and glycosylation of Wnt-5a are necessary for its signalling. Biochem J. 2007;402:515-23 pubmed..Thus the post-translational palmitoylation and glycosylation of Wnt-5a are important for the actions and secretion of Wnt-5a. ..
- Sakaguchi T, Irie T, Kuwayama M, Ueno T, Yoshida A, Kawabata R. Analysis of interaction of Sendai virus V protein and melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5. Microbiol Immunol. 2011;55:760-7 pubmed publisher..Viral pathogenicity of SeV is related to the inhibitory effect of the V protein on MDA5, but is not always related to the binding of V protein with MDA5. ..
- Nagano Y, Yamashita H, Takahashi T, Kishida S, Nakamura T, Iseki E, et al. Siah-1 facilitates ubiquitination and degradation of synphilin-1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51504-14 pubmed..Siah-1 was found to abrogate the inhibitory effects of synphilin-1 on dopamine release. Such findings suggest that Siah-1 might play a role in regulation of synphilin-1 function. ..
- Nakatsu Y, Sakoda H, Kushiyama A, Zhang J, Ono H, Fujishiro M, et al. Peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase NIMA-interacting 1 associates with insulin receptor substrate-1 and enhances insulin actions and adipogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:20812-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations indicate that Pin1 binds to IRS-1 and thereby markedly enhances insulin action, essential for adipogenesis. ..
- Nakamura H, Tanimoto K, Hiyama K, Yunokawa M, Kawamoto T, Kato Y, et al. Human mismatch repair gene, MLH1, is transcriptionally repressed by the hypoxia-inducible transcription factors, DEC1 and DEC2. Oncogene. 2008;27:4200-9 pubmed publisher..Hypoxia-induced DEC may impair MMR function through repression of MLH1 expression, possibly via the histone deacethylase-mediated mechanism in cancer cells. ..
- Kawamoto T, Noshiro M, Sato F, Maemura K, Takeda N, Nagai R, et al. A novel autofeedback loop of Dec1 transcription involved in circadian rhythm regulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:117-24 pubmed..The autofeedback loop of Dec1 may be interlocked with the core feedback loop of Per in some situations. ..