Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Moroi S, Saitou M, Fujimoto K, Sakakibara A, Furuse M, Yoshida O, et al. Occludin is concentrated at tight junctions of mouse/rat but not human/guinea pig Sertoli cells in testes. Am J Physiol. 1998;274:C1708-17 pubmed
- Miyata Y, Nishida E. CK2 controls multiple protein kinases by phosphorylating a kinase-targeting molecular chaperone, Cdc37. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4065-74 pubmed
- Mitsushima M, Suwa A, Amachi T, Ueda K, Kioka N. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase activated by epidermal growth factor and cell adhesion interacts with and phosphorylates vinexin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34570-7 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that vinexin is a novel substrate of ERK2 and may play roles in ERK-dependent cell regulation during cell spreading as well as in growth factor-induced responses. ..
- Uemura K, Kihara T, Kuzuya A, Okawa K, Nishimoto T, Bito H, et al. Activity-dependent regulation of beta-catenin via epsilon-cleavage of N-cadherin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:951-8 pubmed..Since the regulation of cellular beta-catenin level is essential for synaptic function, disruption in the cleavage of N-cadherin may be causally linked to the synaptic dysfunction associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD). ..
- Aoki K, Nakaseko Y, Kinoshita K, Goshima G, Yanagida M. CDC2 phosphorylation of the fission yeast dis1 ensures accurate chromosome segregation. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1627-35 pubmed..Cdc2 thus directly phosphorylates Dis1, and this phosphorylation regulates Dis1 localization in both metaphase and anaphase and ensures high-fidelity segregation. ..
- Yamana N, Arakawa Y, Nishino T, Kurokawa K, Tanji M, Itoh R, et al. The Rho-mDia1 pathway regulates cell polarity and focal adhesion turnover in migrating cells through mobilizing Apc and c-Src. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6844-58 pubmed..Thus, the Rho-mDia1 pathway regulates polarization and adhesion turnover by aligning microtubules and actin filaments and delivering Apc/Cdc42 and c-Src to their respective sites of action. ..
- Kimura H, Takizawa N, Allemand E, Hori T, Iborra F, Nozaki N, et al. A novel histone exchange factor, protein phosphatase 2Cgamma, mediates the exchange and dephosphorylation of H2A-H2B. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:389-400 pubmed
- Matsumura S, Toyoshima F, Nishida E. Polo-like kinase 1 facilitates chromosome alignment during prometaphase through BubR1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15217-27 pubmed..These results taken together suggest that Plk1 facilitates chromosome alignment during prometaphase through BubR1. ..
- Ma X, Iwanaka N, Masuda S, Karaike K, Egawa T, Hamada T, et al. Morus alba leaf extract stimulates 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase in isolated rat skeletal muscle. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;122:54-9 pubmed publisher..We explored the possibility that 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is involved in metabolic enhancement by the Morus alba leaf...
- Nishitani K, Ito H, Hiramitsu T, Tsutsumi R, Tanida S, Kitaori T, et al. PGE2 inhibits MMP expression by suppressing MKK4-JNK MAP kinase-c-JUN pathway via EP4 in human articular chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:425-33 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PGE2 inhibits IL-1beta-induced MMP-1 and MMP-13 productions via EP4 by suppressing MKK4-JNK MAP kinase-c-JUN pathway. ..
- Matsunaga Udagawa R, Fujita Y, Yoshiki S, Terai K, Kamioka Y, Kiyokawa E, et al. The scaffold protein Shoc2/SUR-8 accelerates the interaction of Ras and Raf. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7818-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that Shoc2 regulates the spatio-temporal patterns of the Ras-ERK signaling pathway primarily by accelerating the Ras-Raf interaction. ..
- Kawasaki Y, Harashima S, Sasaki M, Mukai E, Nakamura Y, Harada N, et al. Exendin-4 protects pancreatic beta cells from the cytotoxic effect of rapamycin by inhibiting JNK and p38 phosphorylation. Horm Metab Res. 2010;42:311-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that exendin-4 may exert its protective effect against rapamycin-induced cell death in pancreatic beta cells by inhibiting JNK and p38 signaling. ..
- Deguchi A, Miyoshi H, Kojima Y, Okawa K, Aoki M, Taketo M. LKB1 suppresses p21-activated kinase-1 (PAK1) by phosphorylation of Thr109 in the p21-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18283-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PAK1 is a direct downstream target of LKB1 and plays an essential role in LKB1-induced suppression of cell migration. ..
- Inoue D, Kimura I, Wakabayashi M, Tsumoto H, Ozawa K, Hara T, et al. Short-chain fatty acid receptor GPR41-mediated activation of sympathetic neurons involves synapsin 2b phosphorylation. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1547-54 pubmed publisher..Further, synapsin 2b directly interacts with activated ERK1/2 and can be phosphorylated on serine when SCFA activates sympathetic neurons. ..
- Tarumoto Y, Kanoh J, Ishikawa F. Receptor for activated C-kinase (RACK1) homolog Cpc2 facilitates the general amino acid control response through Gcn2 kinase in fission yeast. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:19260-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that S. pombe Cpc2 facilitates the GAAC response through the regulation of Gcn2 activation and provide a novel insight for the regulatory function of RACK1 on Gcn2-mediated GAAC response. ..
- Mikawa T, Maruyama T, Okamoto K, Nakagama H, Lleonart M, Tsusaka T, et al. Senescence-inducing stress promotes proteolysis of phosphoglycerate mutase via ubiquitin ligase Mdm2. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:729-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that Mdm2, a downstream effector of p53, attenuates the Warburg effect via ubiquitination and degradation of PGAM. ..
- Lee J, Katakai T, Hara T, Gonda H, Sugai M, Shimizu A. Roles of p-ERM and Rho-ROCK signaling in lymphocyte polarity and uropod formation. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:327-37 pubmed..Thus, phosphorylated ERM has a potential function in establishing plasma membrane "posteriority" in the induction of the uropod in T lymphocytes. ..
- Tsutsumi R, Ito H, Hiramitsu T, Nishitani K, Akiyoshi M, Kitaori T, et al. Celecoxib inhibits production of MMP and NO via down-regulation of NF-kappaB and JNK in a PGE2 independent manner in human articular chondrocytes. Rheumatol Int. 2008;28:727-36 pubmed..Despite the COX-2 selectivity, celecoxib affects those productions via not PGE2 but NF-kappaB and JNK MAPK. ..
- Kwon Y, Ueda S, Ueno M, Yodoi J, Masutani H. Mechanism of p53-dependent apoptosis induced by 3-methylcholanthrene: involvement of p53 phosphorylation and p38 MAPK. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1837-44 pubmed..The current study shows that both p53 and p38 MAPK activation are required for MC-induced apoptosis and provides a novel model of a functional regulation between p53 and p38 MAPK in chemical stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Matsunaga T, Shoji A, Gu N, Joo E, Li S, Adachi T, et al. ?-Tocotrienol attenuates TNF-?-induced changes in secretion and gene expression of MCP-1, IL-6 and adiponectin in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Med Rep. 2012;5:905-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ?-tocotrienol may improve obesity-related functional abnormalities in adipocytes by attenuating NF-?B activation and the expression of inflammatory adipokines. ..
- Sakuma H, Ikeda A, Oka S, Kozutsumi Y, Zanetta J, Kawasaki T. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a cDNA encoding a new member of mixed lineage protein kinase from human brain. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28622-9 pubmed..The expressed LZK was detected primarily in the membrane fraction, suggesting that LZK interacts with other cellular components in vivo. ..
- Aoi W, Niisato N, Sawabe Y, Miyazaki H, Marunaka Y. Aldosterone-induced abnormal regulation of ENaC and SGK1 in Dahl salt-sensitive rat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:376-81 pubmed
- Mitsushima M, Takahashi H, Shishido T, Ueda K, Kioka N. Abl kinase interacts with and phosphorylates vinexin. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4288-95 pubmed..A mutational analysis identified tyrosine 127 on vinexin alpha as a major site of phosphorylation by c- or v-Abl. These results suggest that vinexin alpha is a novel substrate for Abl. ..
- Takahashi K, Niidome T, Akaike A, Kihara T, Sugimoto H. Phosphorylation of amyloid precursor protein (APP) at Tyr687 regulates APP processing by alpha- and gamma-secretase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:544-549 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that phosphorylation of APP at Tyr687 regulates APP processing by alpha- and gamma-secretases, determining the expression level of AICD. ..
- Tachibana M, Kiyokawa E, Hara S, Iemura S, Natsume T, Manabe T, et al. Ankyrin repeat domain 28 (ANKRD28), a novel binding partner of DOCK180, promotes cell migration by regulating focal adhesion formation. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:863-76 pubmed publisher..In striking contrast to ANKRD28, overexpression of ELMO induced extensive lamellipodial protrusion around the entire circumference. These data suggest that ANKRD28 specifies the localization and the activity of the DOCK180-Rac1 pathway. ..
- Ueta M, Mizushima K, Yokoi N, Naito Y, Kinoshita S. Expression of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha in human conjunctival epithelial cells. Br J Ophthalmol. 2010;94:1239-43 pubmed publisher..HCjECs expressed functioning IL-4Ralpha, and IL-4 stimulation induced the expression of several genes. ..
- Maesako M, Uemura K, Kubota M, Hiyoshi K, Ando K, Kuzuya A, et al. Effect of glycogen synthase kinase 3 ?-mediated presenilin 1 phosphorylation on amyloid ? production is negatively regulated by insulin receptor cleavage. Neuroscience. 2011;177:298-307 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that PS1 phosphorylation at serine 353, 357 residues can play a pivotal role in the pathology of AD and that the dysregulation of this mechanism may be causally associated with its pathology. ..
- Yurugi H, Tanida S, Akita K, Ishida A, Toda M, Nakada H. Prohibitins function as endogenous ligands for Siglec-9 and negatively regulate TCR signaling upon ligation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:376-81 pubmed publisher..In parallel with inhibition of the ERK cascade, IL-2 production was markedly decreased in Jurkat cells. Thus, this interaction may be a useful immunotherapeutic target. ..
- Suenaga M, Kurosawa N, Asano H, Kanamori Y, Umemoto T, Yoshida H, et al. Bmp4 expressed in preadipocytes is required for the onset of adipocyte differentiation. Cytokine. 2013;64:138-45 pubmed publisher..Endogenous Bmp4 in preadipocytes is indispensable for the onset of the adipogenic program, and may help to maintain the preadipocytic state during adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Yoshimura R, Minami K, Matsuda J, Sawada N, Miura S, Kamei Y. Phosphorylation of 4EBP by oral leucine administration was suppressed in the skeletal muscle of PGC-1Î± knockout mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:288-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that skeletal muscle-PGC-1Î± is important for leucine-mediated mTOR activation and protein biosynthesis. ..
- Mori T, Doi R, Koizumi M, Toyoda E, Ito D, Kami K, et al. CXCR4 antagonist inhibits stromal cell-derived factor 1-induced migration and invasion of human pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2004;3:29-37 pubmed..Taken together, SDF-1/CXCR4 axis is involved in pancreatic cancer metastasis through migration and invasion. The small molecule antagonists against CXCR4 such as TN14003 might be an effective anti-metastatic agent for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Sutani T, Yuasa T, Tomonaga T, Dohmae N, Takio K, Yanagida M. Fission yeast condensin complex: essential roles of non-SMC subunits for condensation and Cdc2 phosphorylation of Cut3/SMC4. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2271-83 pubmed..Therefore, direct Cdc2 phosphorylation of fission yeast condensin may facilitate its nuclear accumulation during mitosis. ..
- Umehara H, Nishii Y, Morishima M, Kakehi Y, Kioka N, Amachi T, et al. Effect of cisplatin treatment on speckled distribution of a serine/arginine-rich nuclear protein CROP/Luc7A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:324-9 pubmed..These results suggest that cisplatin affects RNA splicing by changing the subnuclear distribution of SR proteins including CROP. ..
- Inbe H, Watanabe S, Miyawaki M, Tanabe E, Encinas J. Identification and characterization of a cell-surface receptor, P2Y15, for AMP and adenosine. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19790-9 pubmed..We found inhibition at a theophylline concentration well within the therapeutic dose range, indicating that P2Y15 may be a clinically important target of this drug. ..
- Watanabe D, Takagi H, Suzuma K, Suzuma I, Oh H, Ohashi H, et al. Transcription factor Ets-1 mediates ischemia- and vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent retinal neovascularization. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1827-35 pubmed..Ets-1 up-regulation is involved in the development of retinal neovascularization, and inhibition of Ets-1 may be beneficial in the treatment of ischemic ocular diseases. ..
- Ueda M, Imada K, Imura A, Koga H, Hishizawa M, Uchiyama T. Expression of functional interleukin-21 receptor on adult T-cell leukaemia cells. Br J Haematol. 2005;128:169-76 pubmed..In addition, the IL-21/IL-21R system may represent a new target for the treatment of ATL. ..
- Eguchi A, Murakami A, Ohigashi H. Nobiletin, a citrus flavonoid, suppresses phorbol ester-induced expression of multiple scavenger receptor genes in THP-1 human monocytic cells. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3321-8 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that nobiletin is a promising phytochemical for regulating atherosclerosis with reasonable action mechanisms. ..
- Kitao S, Segref A, Kast J, Wilm M, Mattaj I, Ohno M. A compartmentalized phosphorylation/dephosphorylation system that regulates U snRNA export from the nucleus. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:487-97 pubmed..This finding was surprising in that such a specific system for U snRNA export regulation is composed of two such universal regulators, suggesting that this compartmentalized system is used more broadly for gene expression regulation. ..
- Tomida J, Masuda Y, Hiroaki H, Ishikawa T, Song I, Tsurimoto T, et al. DNA damage-induced ubiquitylation of RFC2 subunit of replication factor C complex. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9071-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that RPA plays a regulatory role in DNA damage responses via repression of RFC2 ubiquitylation in human cells. ..
- Arai H, Nagai K, Doi T. Role of growth arrest-specific gene 6 in diabetic nephropathy. Vitam Horm. 2008;78:375-92 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of the Gas6/Axl pathway in diabetic patients might be beneficial to slow down the progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Fujii H, Fujiwara H, Horie A, Sato Y, Konishi I. Ephrin A1 induces intercellular dissociation in Ishikawa cells: possible implication of the Eph-ephrin A system in human embryo implantation. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:299-306 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that the Eph-ephrin A system can promote intercellular dissociation in Ishikawa cells suggesting an important role in the initial step of embryo implantation by opening the endometrial epithelial cell barrier. ..
- Higashida C, Kiuchi T, Akiba Y, Mizuno H, Maruoka M, Narumiya S, et al. F- and G-actin homeostasis regulates mechanosensitive actin nucleation by formins. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:395-405 pubmed publisher..Our direct visualization of the molecular behaviour reveals a mechanosensitive actin filament regeneration mechanism in which G-actin released by actin remodelling plays a pivotal role. ..
- Okuda K. A new model to evaluate Raf signaling in hematopoietic cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:903-10 pubmed publisher..This EPOR/CR3 system may serve as a useful model to evaluate the unknown Raf kinase pathway and the effects of signal transduction inhibitors for Raf as a target. ..
- Hayata H, Miyazaki H, Niisato N, Yokoyama N, Marunaka Y. Lowered extracellular pH is involved in the pathogenesis of skeletal muscle insulin resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:170-4 pubmed publisher..Our present study suggests that lowered extracellular pH conditions may produce the pathogenesis of insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells. ..
- Tanoue T, Moriguchi T, Nishida E. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel dual specificity phosphatase, MKP-5. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19949-56 pubmed..These results suggest that MKP-5 is a novel type of dual specificity phosphatase specific for p38 and SAPK/JNK. ..
- Tsukita S, Yonemura S. Cortical actin organization: lessons from ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) proteins. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34507-10 pubmed
- Naito A, Tominaga A, Oyamada M, Oyamada Y, Shiraishi I, Monzen K, et al. Early stage-specific inhibitions of cardiomyocyte differentiation and expression of Csx/Nkx-2.5 and GATA-4 by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor LY294002. Exp Cell Res. 2003;291:56-69 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PI3-kinase becomes activated and plays a pivotal role at a very early stage of cardiomyocyte differentiation, possibly by modulating the expression of the cardiac transcription factors. ..
- Tanaka T, Hidaka S, Masuzaki H, Yasue S, Minokoshi Y, Ebihara K, et al. Skeletal muscle AMP-activated protein kinase phosphorylation parallels metabolic phenotype in leptin transgenic mice under dietary modification. Diabetes. 2005;54:2365-74 pubmed..In conclusion, soleus AMPK and ACC phosphorylation in LepTg changes in parallel with its insulin sensitivity under dietary modification, suggesting a close association between skeletal muscle AMPK activity and sensitivity to leptin. ..
- Murakami A, Nishizawa T, Egawa K, Kawada T, Nishikawa Y, Uenakai K, et al. New class of linoleic acid metabolites biosynthesized by corn and rice lipoxygenases: suppression of proinflammatory mediator expression via attenuation of MAPK- and Akt-, but not PPARgamma-, dependent pathways in stimulated macrophages. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;70:1330-42 pubmed..Based on our findings, we propose that 13-HOA, a functionally novel LA-derivative, is a promising agent for anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive strategies with reasonable molecular mechanisms. ..
- Zhao T, Yasunaga J, Satou Y, Nakao M, Takahashi M, Fujii M, et al. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 bZIP factor selectively suppresses the classical pathway of NF-kappaB. Blood. 2009;113:2755-64 pubmed publisher..Selective suppression of the classical NF-kappaB pathway by HBZ renders the alternative NF-kappaB pathway predominant after activation of NF-kappaB by Tax or other stimuli, which might be critical for oncogenesis...
- Takata M, Ishiai M, Kitao H. The Fanconi anemia pathway: insights from somatic cell genetics using DT40 cell line. Mutat Res. 2009;668:92-102 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize our current understanding of the pathway, and discuss how studies using DT40 have contributed to this rapidly evolving field. ..
- Tominaga A, Ishizaki N, Naruse Y, Kitakoji H, Yamamura Y. Repeated application of low-frequency electroacupuncture improves high-fructose diet-induced insulin resistance in rats. Acupunct Med. 2011;29:276-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that repeated application of EA may have beneficial effects on diet-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Takeuchi M, Hirasawa A, Hara T, Kimura I, Hirano T, Suzuki T, et al. FFA1-selective agonistic activity based on docking simulation using FFA1 and GPR120 homology models. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;168:1570-83 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSION AND IMPLICATIONS A docking simulation approach using FFA1 receptor and GPR120 homology models could be useful in predicting FFA1 receptor-selective agonists. ..
- Hara H, Tsuchiya K, Kawamura I, Fang R, Hernandez Cuellar E, Shen Y, et al. Phosphorylation of the adaptor ASC acts as a molecular switch that controls the formation of speck-like aggregates and inflammasome activity. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1247-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, phosphorylation of Tyr144 in mouse ASC was critical for speck formation and caspase-1 activation. Our results suggest that phosphorylation of ASC controls inflammasome activity through the formation of ASC specks. ..
- Li Y, Wang J, Gu T, Yamahara J, Li Y. Oleanolic acid supplement attenuates liquid fructose-induced adipose tissue insulin resistance through the insulin receptor substrate-1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway in rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:155-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide new insights into the mechanisms of metabolic actions of oleanolic acid. ..
- Kamikubo Y, Takaori Kondo A, Uchiyama T, Hori T. Inhibition of cell growth by conditional expression of kpm, a human homologue of Drosophila warts/lats tumor suppressor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17609-14 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that kpm negatively regulates cell growth by inducing G(2)/M arrest and apoptotic cell death through its kinase activity. ..
- Sawada H, Kohno R, Kihara T, Izumi Y, Sakka N, Ibi M, et al. Proteasome mediates dopaminergic neuronal degeneration, and its inhibition causes alpha-synuclein inclusions. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10710-9 pubmed..Thus, the proteasome plays an important role in both inclusion body formation and dopaminergic neuronal death but these processes form opposite sides on the proteasome regulation in this model. ..
- Harada N, Hatano E, Koizumi N, Nitta T, Yoshida M, Yamamoto N, et al. Akt activation protects rat liver from ischemia/reperfusion injury. J Surg Res. 2004;121:159-70 pubmed..Adenoviral gene transfer of myrAkt could inhibit apoptotic cell death and subsequent hepatic I/R injury in the rat, through Bad, not NF-kappaB. ..
- Shichijo M, Kondo S, Ishimori M, Watanabe S, Helin H, Yamasaki T, et al. PAR-2 deficient CD4+ T cells exhibit downregulation of IL-4 and upregulation of IFN-gamma after antigen challenge in mice. Allergol Int. 2006;55:271-8 pubmed..PAR-2 participates in the regulation of T cell cytokine production that may be caused by modulation of JNK1 phosphorylation. ..
- Funayama R, Saito M, Tanobe H, Ishikawa F. Loss of linker histone H1 in cellular senescence. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:869-80 pubmed..001). It is known that histone H1 and HMG proteins compete for a common binding site, the linker DNA. These results suggest that SAHFs are a novel type of chromatin condensation involving alterations in linker DNA-binding proteins. ..
- Mahbub Hasan A, Hashimoto A, Maekawa Y, Matsumoto T, Kushima S, Ijiri T, et al. The egg membrane microdomain-associated uroplakin III-Src system becomes functional during oocyte maturation and is required for bidirectional gamete signaling at fertilization in Xenopus laevis. Development. 2014;141:1705-14 pubmed publisher..However, 293-MDs expressing a proteolysis-resistant mutant of UPIII are less functional, suggesting that the availability of UPIII to protease action is important for MD function...
- Nakagawa T, Yasuda T, Hoshikawa H, Shimizu M, Kakinuma T, Chen M, et al. LOX-1 expressed in cultured rat chondrocytes mediates oxidized LDL-induced cell death-possible role of dephosphorylation of Akt. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:91-7 pubmed..LOX-1 might be involved in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis, inducing chondrocyte death through PI3 kinase/Akt pathway. ..
- Izui K, Matsumura H, Furumoto T, Kai Y. Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase: a new era of structural biology. Annu Rev Plant Biol. 2004;55:69-84 pubmed..We present the reaction mechanism of PEPC in which we assign the roles of individual amino acid residues. We discuss the unique molecular property of PEPC kinase and its possible regulation at the post-translational level. ..
- Shimizu Y, Thumkeo D, Keel J, Ishizaki T, Oshima H, Oshima M, et al. ROCK-I regulates closure of the eyelids and ventral body wall by inducing assembly of actomyosin bundles. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:941-53 pubmed..These results suggest that ROCK-I regulates closure of the eyelids and ventral body wall through organization of actomyosin bundles. ..
- Murakami T, Takagi H, Suzuma K, Suzuma I, Ohashi H, Watanabe D, et al. Angiopoietin-1 attenuates H2O2-induced SEK1/JNK phosphorylation through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in vascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31841-9 pubmed..These results demonstrated that Ang1 attenuates H2O2-induced SEK1/JNK phosphorylation through the PI 3-kinase/Akt pathway and inhibits the apoptosis of endothelial cells to oxidative stress. ..
- Kawasaki Y, Nagao K, Nakamura T, Yanagida M. Fission yeast MAP kinase is required for the increased securin-separase interaction that rescues separase mutants under stresses. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1831-9 pubmed..Securin bound to separase was hyperphosphorylated. The stresses could not rescue the indestructible Cut2 and Rad21 mutants. We postulate that the stresses produce the hyperchaperonic form of Cut2 that can rescue separase mutations. ..
- Ando Y, Yasuda S, Oceguera Yanez F, Narumiya S. Inactivation of Rho GTPases with Clostridium difficile toxin B impairs centrosomal activation of Aurora-A in G2/M transition of HeLa cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3752-63 pubmed..These results suggest that Rho GTPases function in G2/M transition of mammalian cells by mediating multiple signaling pathways converging to centrosomal activation of Aurora-A. ..
- Hayashi H, Tsuchiya Y, Nakayama K, Satoh T, Nishida E. Down-regulation of the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway by ERK MAP kinase in growth factor signaling. Genes Cells. 2008;13:941-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that the ERK pathway negatively modulates the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway in response to growth factor stimulation. ..
- Elfenbein A, Rhodes J, Meller J, Schwartz M, Matsuda M, Simons M. Suppression of RhoG activity is mediated by a syndecan 4-synectin-RhoGDI1 complex and is reversed by PKCalpha in a Rac1 activation pathway. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:75-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, FGF2-induced Rac1 activation depends on the suppression of RhoG by a previously uncharacterized ternary S4-synectin-RhoGDI1 protein complex and activation via PKCalpha. ..
- Kanchiswamy C, Takahashi H, Quadro S, Maffei M, Bossi S, Bertea C, et al. Regulation of Arabidopsis defense responses against Spodoptera littoralis by CPK-mediated calcium signaling. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:97 pubmed publisher..Ca2+-binding sensory proteins such as Ca2+-dependent protein kinases (CPKs) have been predicted to mediate the signaling following Ca2+ influx after insect herbivory. However, until now this prediction was not testable...
- Okuyama T, Inoue H, Ookuma S, Satoh T, Kano K, Honjoh S, et al. The ERK-MAPK pathway regulates longevity through SKN-1 and insulin-like signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30274-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus identify a novel ERK-MAPK-mediated signaling pathway that promotes longevity. ..
- Tsuda S, Egawa T, Ma X, Oshima R, Kurogi E, Hayashi T. Coffee polyphenol caffeic acid but not chlorogenic acid increases 5'AMP-activated protein kinase and insulin-independent glucose transport in rat skeletal muscle. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:1403-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that caffeic acid but not chlorogenic acid acutely stimulates skeletal muscle AMPK activity and insulin-independent glucose transport with a reduction of the intracellular energy status. ..
- Inano S, Sato K, Katsuki Y, Kobayashi W, Tanaka H, Nakajima K, et al. RFWD3-Mediated Ubiquitination Promotes Timely Removal of Both RPA and RAD51 from DNA Damage Sites to Facilitate Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell. 2017;66:622-634.e8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal a mechanism that facilitates timely removal of RPA and RAD51 from DNA damage sites, which is crucial for progression to the late-phase HR and suppression of the FA phenotype. ..
- Xu M, Kitaura Y, Ishikawa T, Kadota Y, Terai C, Shindo D, et al. Endurance performance and energy metabolism during exercise in mice with a muscle-specific defect in the control of branched-chain amino acid catabolism. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180989 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the tight regulation of BCAA catabolism in muscles is important for homeostasis of muscle energy metabolism and, at least in part, for adaptation to exercise training. ..
- Konishi M, Asaki T, Koike N, Miwa H, Miyake A, Itoh N. Role of Fgf10 in cell proliferation in white adipose tissue. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;249:71-7 pubmed..In contrast, expression but not phosphorylation of pRb was impaired in the Fgf10(-/-) WAT. As pRb is essential for adipogenesis, Fgf10 might play a role in adipogenesis by inducing its expression. ..
- Shimada A, Dohke K, Sadaie M, Shinmyozu K, Nakayama J, Urano T, et al. Phosphorylation of Swi6/HP1 regulates transcriptional gene silencing at heterochromatin. Genes Dev. 2009;23:18-23 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, loss of phosphorylation did not affect cohesion. These results indicate that CK2-dependent Swi6 phosphorylation specifically controls TGS in heterochromatin. ..
- Fujii H, Itoh Y, Yamaguchi K, Yamauchi N, Harano Y, Nakajima T, et al. Chemokine CCL20 enhances the growth of HuH7 cells via phosphorylation of p44/42 MAPK in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:1052-8 pubmed..CCR6 expression in human HCC tissues was confirmed by RT-PCR. These results indicate that the growth of a proportion of human HCC cells may be mediated by CCL20-CCR6 axis, like HuH7 cells, in an autocrine or paracrine manner. ..
- Yamashita S, Yurimoto H, Murakami D, Yoshikawa M, Oku M, Sakai Y. Lag-phase autophagy in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. Genes Cells. 2009;14:861-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate the importance of amino acid recycling by autophagy during a cell-remodeling process. ..
- Wakao K, Watanabe T, Takadama T, Ui S, Shigemi Z, Kagawa H, et al. Sangivamycin induces apoptosis by suppressing Erk signaling in primary effusion lymphoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:135-40 pubmed publisher..Compared to treatment with GA or valproate alone, the addition of sangivamycin enhanced cytotoxic activity. Our data thus indicate that sangivamycin may find clinical utility as a novel anti-cancer agent targeting PEL. ..
- Yamashita T, Konishi M, Miyake A, Inui K, Itoh N. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-23 inhibits renal phosphate reabsorption by activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28265-70 pubmed..Inhibitors of the MAPK pathway, PD98059 and SB203580, also blocked the activity of FGF-23. The present findings have revealed a novel MAPK-dependent mechanism of the regulation of phosphate uptake by FGF signaling. ..
- Izumitsu K, Yoshimi A, Tanaka C. Two-component response regulators Ssk1p and Skn7p additively regulate high-osmolarity adaptation and fungicide sensitivity in Cochliobolus heterostrophus. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:171-81 pubmed..This study provides evidence that filamentous fungi have a unique two-component signaling system that is different from that of yeast and is responsible for high-osmolarity adaptation and fungicide sensitivity. ..
- Tanaka S, Hayashi T, Toyoda T, Hamada T, Shimizu Y, Hirata M, et al. High-fat diet impairs the effects of a single bout of endurance exercise on glucose transport and insulin sensitivity in rat skeletal muscle. Metabolism. 2007;56:1719-28 pubmed..Although the underlying mechanism is unclear, reduced 5'adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase activation during exercise may play a role. ..
- Aoki K, Yamada M, Kunida K, Yasuda S, Matsuda M. Processive phosphorylation of ERK MAP kinase in mammalian cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12675-80 pubmed publisher..The generality of this phenomenon may provide a new paradigm for a diverse set of biochemical reactions including multiple posttranslational modifications. ..
- Murata K, Yoshitomi H, Furu M, Ishikawa M, Shibuya H, Ito H, et al. MicroRNA-451 down-regulates neutrophil chemotaxis via p38 MAPK. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:549-59 pubmed publisher..In SKG mice, miR-451 treatment reduced the severity of arthritis and the number of infiltrating cells. These results suggest that miR-451 suppresses neutrophil chemotaxis via p38 MAPK and is a potential target in the treatment of RA. ..
- Kondo T, Takeuchi K, Doi Y, Yonemura S, Nagata S, Tsukita S. ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin)-based molecular mechanism of microvillar breakdown at an early stage of apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:749-58 pubmed..The physiological relevance of this ERM protein-based microvillar breakdown in apoptosis will be discussed. ..
- Ono K, Iwanaga Y, Hirayama M, Kawamura T, Sowa N, Hasegawa K. Contribution of caveolin-1 alpha and Akt to TNF-alpha-induced cell death. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L201-9 pubmed..In summary, our results indicate that caveolin-1 alpha preferentially sensitizes L929 cells to TNF-alpha through the activation of a PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Inomata Y, Nakamura H, Tanito M, Teratani A, Kawaji T, Kondo N, et al. Thioredoxin inhibits NMDA-induced neurotoxicity in the rat retina. J Neurochem. 2006;98:372-85 pubmed..We concluded that the intravitreous injection of TRX effectively attenuated NMDA-induced retinal cell damage and that suppression of oxidative stress and inhibition of apoptotic signaling pathways were involved in this neuroprotection. ..
- Yamazaki H, Tarumoto Y, Ishikawa F. Tel1(ATM) and Rad3(ATR) phosphorylate the telomere protein Ccq1 to recruit telomerase and elongate telomeres in fission yeast. Genes Dev. 2012;26:241-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the direct phosphorylation of Ccq1 Thr 93 by Tel1 and Rad3 is involved in the recruitment of telomerase to elongate telomeres. ..
- Fustin J, Doi M, Yamada H, Komatsu R, Shimba S, Okamura H. Rhythmic nucleotide synthesis in the liver: temporal segregation of metabolites. Cell Rep. 2012;1:341-9 pubmed publisher..This circadian metabolome timetable, obtained using state-of-the-art capillary electrophoresis time-of-flight mass spectrometry, will guide further investigations in nucleotide metabolism-related disorders. ..