Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphoproteins in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
- Yagi R, Chen L, Shigesada K, Murakami Y, Ito Y. A WW domain-containing yes-associated protein (YAP) is a novel transcriptional co-activator. EMBO J. 1999;18:2551-62 pubmed..These results indicate that the PY motif is a novel transcription activation domain that functions by recruiting YAP as a strong transcription activator to target genes. ..
- Kameda T, Inoue T, Inatani M, Fujimoto T, Honjo M, Kasaoka N, et al. The effect of Rho-associated protein kinase inhibitor on monkey Schlemm's canal endothelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3092-103 pubmed publisher..Y-27632 increased the permeability of the SCE-cell monolayer in association with disruption of the tight junction, F-actin depolymerization, and changes in various cell functions, including calcium transfer. ..
- Tomonaga T, Nagao K, Kawasaki Y, Furuya K, Murakami A, Morishita J, et al. Characterization of fission yeast cohesin: essential anaphase proteolysis of Rad21 phosphorylated in the S phase. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2757-70 pubmed..A simple model is presented to explain the specific behavior of fission yeast cohesin and why only a tiny fraction of Rad21 is sufficient to be cleaved for normal anaphase. ..
- Tsukita S, Yonemura S. Cortical actin organization: lessons from ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) proteins. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34507-10 pubmed
- Kusakabe M, Masuyama N, Hanafusa H, Nishida E. Xenopus FRS2 is involved in early embryogenesis in cooperation with the Src family kinase Laloo. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:727-35 pubmed..Moreover, xFRS2 and Laloo are shown to bind to Xenopus FGF receptor 1. These results suggest that xFRS2 plays an important role in FGF signaling in cooperation with Laloo during embryonic development. ..
- Haruta M, Sasai Y, Kawasaki H, Amemiya K, Ooto S, Kitada M, et al. In vitro and in vivo characterization of pigment epithelial cells differentiated from primate embryonic stem cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:1020-5 pubmed
- Toba H, Kojima Y, Wang J, Noda K, Tian W, Kobara M, et al. Erythropoietin attenuated vascular dysfunction and inflammation by inhibiting NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide production in nitric oxide synthase-inhibited hypertensive rat aorta. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;691:190-7 pubmed publisher..These effects might be due to the antioxidant properties of rHuEPO. SOCS-1 overexpression would play an important role in suppressing NADPH oxidase activation. ..
- Shin H, Nakayama K. Dual control of membrane targeting by PtdIns(4)P and ARF. Trends Biochem Sci. 2004;29:513-5 pubmed
- Murakami A, Ishida S, Thurlow J, Revest J, Dickson C. SOX6 binds CtBP2 to repress transcription from the Fgf-3 promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3347-55 pubmed..These results show that SOX6 can recruit CtBP2 to repress transcription from the Fgf-3 promoter. ..
- Morita K, Furuse M, Yoshida Y, Itoh M, Sasaki H, Tsukita S, et al. Molecular architecture of tight junctions of periderm differs from that of the maculae occludentes of epidermis. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:1073-9 pubmed
- Ando S, Matsuda H, Morikawa T, Yoshikawa M. 1'S-1'-Acetoxychavicol acetate as a new type inhibitor of interferon-beta production in lipopolysaccharide-activated mouse peritoneal macrophages. Bioorg Med Chem. 2005;13:3289-94 pubmed..In addition, 1'S-1'-acetoxychavicol acetate inhibited the production of NO stimulated by poly(I:C) via Toll-like receptor 3...
- Okazawa K, Yoshimasa Y, Miyamoto Y, Takahashi Yasuno A, Miyawaki T, Masuzaki H, et al. The haplotypes of the IRS-2 gene affect insulin sensitivity in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2005;68:39-48 pubmed..This observation raises the possibility that both the IRS-2 D1057 allele and the CA haplotype are useful genetic markers for identifying obese individuals who are particularly susceptible to insulin resistance. ..
- Zhou H, Yamada Y, Tsukiyama K, Miyawaki K, Hosokawa M, Nagashima K, et al. Gastric inhibitory polypeptide modulates adiposity and fat oxidation under diminished insulin action. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:937-42 pubmed..These results suggest that GIP plays a crucial role in switching from fat oxidation to fat accumulation under the diminished insulin action as a potential target for secondary prevention of insulin resistance. ..
- Matsubayashi H, Sese S, Lee J, Shirakawa T, Iwatsubo T, Tomita T, et al. Biochemical characterization of the Drosophila wingless signaling pathway based on RNA interference. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2012-24 pubmed
- Nagao K, Adachi Y, Yanagida M. Separase-mediated cleavage of cohesin at interphase is required for DNA repair. Nature. 2004;430:1044-8 pubmed..We propose that the securin-separase complex might aid DNA repair by removing local cohesin in interphase cells. ..
- Itoh M, Furuse M, Morita K, Kubota K, Saitou M, Tsukita S. Direct binding of three tight junction-associated MAGUKs, ZO-1, ZO-2, and ZO-3, with the COOH termini of claudins. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1351-63 pubmed..In good agreement, PDZ1 and PDZ2 domains of ZO-1/ZO-2/ZO-3 were also recruited to claudin-based TJs, when introduced into cultured epithelial cells. The possible molecular architecture of TJ plaque structures is discussed. ..
- Saitou M, Fujimoto K, Doi Y, Itoh M, Fujimoto T, Furuse M, et al. Occludin-deficient embryonic stem cells can differentiate into polarized epithelial cells bearing tight junctions. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:397-408 pubmed..These findings indicate that there are as yet unidentified TJ integral membrane protein(s) which can form strand structures, recruit ZO-1, and function as a barrier without occludin. ..
- Burkhardt S, Borsos M, Szydlowska A, Godwin J, Williams S, Cohen P, et al. Chromosome Cohesion Established by Rec8-Cohesin in Fetal Oocytes Is Maintained without Detectable Turnover in Oocytes Arrested for Months in Mice. Curr Biol. 2016;26:678-85 pubmed publisher..This implies that women's fertility depends on the longevity of cohesin proteins that established cohesion in utero. ..
- Furuse M, Furuse K, Sasaki H, Tsukita S. Conversion of zonulae occludentes from tight to leaky strand type by introducing claudin-2 into Madin-Darby canine kidney I cells. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:263-72 pubmed
- Abe J, Nakamura K, Nishikomori R, Kato M, Mitsuiki N, Izawa K, et al. A nationwide survey of Aicardi-Goutières syndrome patients identifies a strong association between dominant TREX1 mutations and chilblain lesions: Japanese cohort study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014;53:448-58 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that rheumatologists should pay attention to possible sporadic AGS cases presenting with neurological disorders and autoimmune manifestations. ..
- Ikenouchi J, Umeda K, Tsukita S, Furuse M, Tsukita S. Requirement of ZO-1 for the formation of belt-like adherens junctions during epithelial cell polarization. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:779-86 pubmed..The requirement for ZO-1 differs between belt-like AJ and TJ formation. We propose that ZO-1 is directly involved in the establishment of two distinct junctional domains, belt-like AJs and TJs, during epithelial polarization. ..
- Shiheido H, Aoyama T, Takahashi H, Hanaoka K, Abe T, Nishida E, et al. Novel CD3-specific antibody induces immunosuppression via impaired phosphorylation of LAT and PLC?1 following T-cell stimulation. Eur J Immunol. 2014;44:1770-80 pubmed publisher..The novel CD3-specific Ab, Dow2, may provide us with a unique tool for inducing immunosuppression. ..
- Kondo T, Takeuchi K, Doi Y, Yonemura S, Nagata S, Tsukita S. ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin)-based molecular mechanism of microvillar breakdown at an early stage of apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:749-58 pubmed..The physiological relevance of this ERM protein-based microvillar breakdown in apoptosis will be discussed. ..
- Itoh M, Nagafuchi A, Moroi S, Tsukita S. Involvement of ZO-1 in cadherin-based cell adhesion through its direct binding to alpha catenin and actin filaments. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:181-92 pubmed
- Adachi Y, Kokubu A, Ebe M, Nagao K, Yanagida M. Cut1/separase-dependent roles of multiple phosphorylation of fission yeast cohesion subunit Rad21 in post-replicative damage repair and mitosis. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:765-76 pubmed..These complex phospho-regulations of Rad21 indicate the functional significance of cohesin in cell adaptation to a variety of cellular conditions. ..
- Kong S, Suzuki T, Tamura K, Mochizuki N, Hara Nishimura I, Nagatani A. Blue light-induced association of phototropin 2 with the Golgi apparatus. Plant J. 2006;45:994-1005 pubmed..The BL-induced Golgi localization of phot2 may be one of important signaling steps in the phot2 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Nakajima H, Yamamoto K, Agarwala S, Terai K, Fukui H, Fukuhara S, et al. Flow-Dependent Endothelial YAP Regulation Contributes to Vessel Maintenance. Dev Cell. 2017;40:523-536.e6 pubmed publisher..Yap1 mutant zebrafish showed a defect in vascular stability, indicating an essential role for Yap1 in blood vessels. Our data imply that endothelial Yap1 functions in response to flow to maintain blood vessels. ..
- Imanaka Y, Tsuchiya S, Sato F, Shimada Y, Shimizu K, Tsujimoto G. MicroRNA-141 confers resistance to cisplatin-induced apoptosis by targeting YAP1 in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Hum Genet. 2011;56:270-6 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights an important regulatory role for miR-141 in the development of cisplatin resistance in ESCC. ..
- Aono S, Hirai Y. Phosphorylation of claudin-4 is required for tight junction formation in a human keratinocyte cell line. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:3326-39 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that aPKC regulates TJ formation through the phosphorylation of claudin-4. ..
- McCloskey A, Taniguchi I, Shinmyozu K, Ohno M. hnRNP C tetramer measures RNA length to classify RNA polymerase II transcripts for export. Science. 2012;335:1643-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new function of the C tetramer and highlight the biological importance of RNA recognition by the length. ..
- Kozuka T, Suetsugu N, Wada M, Nagatani A. Antagonistic regulation of leaf flattening by phytochrome B and phototropin in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:69-79 pubmed publisher..The present study provides new insights into a mechanism in which leaf flatness is regulated in response to different light environmental cues. ..
- Nishimura M, Kakizaki M, Ono Y, Morimoto K, Takeuchi M, Inoue Y, et al. JEAP, a novel component of tight junctions in exocrine cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5583-7 pubmed..The present results indicate that JEAP is a novel component of TJs, which is specifically expressed in exocrine cells. ..
- Matsui T, Maeda M, Doi Y, Yonemura S, Amano M, Kaibuchi K, et al. Rho-kinase phosphorylates COOH-terminal threonines of ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins and regulates their head-to-tail association. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:647-57 pubmed
- Itoh M, Sasaki H, Furuse M, Ozaki H, Kita T, Tsukita S. Junctional adhesion molecule (JAM) binds to PAR-3: a possible mechanism for the recruitment of PAR-3 to tight junctions. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:491-7 pubmed..We also discuss the importance of this model from the perspective of the general molecular mechanisms behind the recruitment of PAR proteins to plasma membranes. ..
- Lee J, Ishimoto A, Yanagawa S. Characterization of mouse dishevelled (Dvl) proteins in Wnt/Wingless signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21464-70 pubmed..These results are direct evidence that Dsh family proteins mediate a set of conserved biochemical processes in the Wnt/Wg signaling pathway. ..
- Aihara Y, Tabata R, Suzuki T, Shimazaki K, Nagatani A. Molecular basis of the functional specificities of phototropin 1 and 2. Plant J. 2008;56:364-75 pubmed publisher..Unlike the chloroplast avoidance response, chloroplast dark positioning was observed for P2G and P2n/1cG but not for P1G or P1n/2cG, suggesting that a specific structure in the N-terminal moiety of phot2 is required for this activity. ..
- Nagai K, Matsubara T, Mima A, Sumi E, Kanamori H, Iehara N, et al. Gas6 induces Akt/mTOR-mediated mesangial hypertrophy in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2005;68:552-61 pubmed..Our study indicates that the Akt/mTOR pathway is a key signaling cascade in Gas6-mediated mesangial and glomerular hypertrophy and revealed a crucial role of Gas6/Axl and the Akt/mTOR pathway in the development of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Sakai T, Kagawa T, Kasahara M, Swartz T, Christie J, Briggs W, et al. Arabidopsis nph1 and npl1: blue light receptors that mediate both phototropism and chloroplast relocation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6969-74 pubmed..Our findings therefore indicate that nph1 and npl1 show partially overlapping functions in two different responses, phototropism and chloroplast relocation, in a fluence rate-dependent manner. ..
- Furuya K, Takahashi K, Yanagida M. Faithful anaphase is ensured by Mis4, a sister chromatid cohesion molecule required in S phase and not destroyed in G1 phase. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3408-18 pubmed..The mis4 mutation results in synthetic lethality with a DNA ligase mutant. Mis4 may form a stable link between chromatids in S phase that is split rather than removed in anaphase. ..
- Goitsuka R, Fujimura Y, Mamada H, Umeda A, Morimura T, Uetsuka K, et al. BASH, a novel signaling molecule preferentially expressed in B cells of the bursa of Fabricius. J Immunol. 1998;161:5804-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that BASH is involved in BCR-mediated signal transduction and could play a critical role in B cell development in the bursa...
- Nakanishi T, Ando E, Furuta M, Tsunasawa S, Nishimura O. Direct on-membrane peptide mass fingerprinting with MALDI-MS of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins detected by immunostaining. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2007;847:24-9 pubmed..This procedure is a rapid and easily handled approach that enables both detection and identification of phosphoproteins on a single blot membrane. ..
- Watabe Uchida M, Uchida N, Imamura Y, Nagafuchi A, Fujimoto K, Uemura T, et al. alpha-Catenin-vinculin interaction functions to organize the apical junctional complex in epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:847-57 pubmed..These results indicate that the alphaE-catenin-vinculin interaction plays a role in the assembly of the apical junctional complex in epithelia. ..
- Aono S, Nakagawa S, Reynolds A, Takeichi M. p120(ctn) acts as an inhibitory regulator of cadherin function in colon carcinoma cells. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:551-62 pubmed..The NH2 terminus-deleted p120(ctn) appears to compete with the endogenous p120(ctn) to abolish the adhesion-blocking action. ..
- Otani T, Ichii T, Aono S, Takeichi M. Cdc42 GEF Tuba regulates the junctional configuration of simple epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:135-46 pubmed..These results suggest that Tuba controls the shaping of cell junctions through the local activation of Cdc42 and its effectors. ..
- Kobayashi J, Fujimoto H, Sato J, Hayashi I, Burma S, Matsuura S, et al. Nucleolin participates in DNA double-strand break-induced damage response through MDC1-dependent pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49245 pubmed publisher..Taken together, nucleolin could promote both ATM-dependent cell cycle checkpoint and DSB repair by functioning in an MDC1-related pathway through its FACT-like function. ..
- Kozuka T, Kong S, Doi M, Shimazaki K, Nagatani A. Tissue-autonomous promotion of palisade cell development by phototropin 2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3684-95 pubmed publisher..Hence, in response to blue light, PHOT2 promotes the development of cylindrical palisade cells along a predetermined axis in a tissue-autonomous manner. ..
- Hanafusa H, Torii S, Yasunaga T, Nishida E. Sprouty1 and Sprouty2 provide a control mechanism for the Ras/MAPK signalling pathway. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:850-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Spry functions in a negative feedback mechanism in which its inhibitor activity is controlled rapidly and reversibly by post-translational mechanisms. ..
- Inoko A, Itoh M, Tamura A, Matsuda M, Furuse M, Tsukita S. Expression and distribution of ZO-3, a tight junction MAGUK protein, in mouse tissues. Genes Cells. 2003;8:837-45 pubmed..We conclude that ZO-3 is expressed in a more epithelium-specific manner than ZO-1 and ZO-2. These observations provide for a better understanding of the functions of tight junction-associated MAGUKs. ..
- Kong S, Kagawa T, Wada M, Nagatani A. A C-terminal membrane association domain of phototropin 2 is necessary for chloroplast movement. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:57-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that a small part of the C-terminal domain of phototropins is necessary not only for membrane association but also for the physiological activities that elicit phototropin-specific responses. ..
- Harada A, Katoh H, Negishi M. Direct interaction of Rnd1 with FRS2 beta regulates Rnd1-induced down-regulation of RhoA activity and is involved in fibroblast growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18418-24 pubmed..These results suggest that the activity of Rnd1 is regulated by FGF receptor through FRS2beta and that Rnd1 plays an important role in the FGF signaling during neurite outgrowth. ..
- Takaoka M, Nakamura T, Ban Y, Kinoshita S. Phenotypic investigation of cell junction-related proteins in gelatinous drop-like corneal dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1095-101 pubmed
- Yanagawa S, Lee J, Haruna T, Oda H, Uemura T, Takeichi M, et al. Accumulation of Armadillo induced by Wingless, Dishevelled, and dominant-negative Zeste-White 3 leads to elevated DE-cadherin in Drosophila clone 8 wing disc cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25243-51 pubmed..In addition, overexpression of DE-cadherin elevated Arm levels by stabilizing Arm at cell-cell junctions. ..
- Yonemura S, Hirao M, Doi Y, Takahashi N, Kondo T, Tsukita S. Ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins bind to a positively charged amino acid cluster in the juxta-membrane cytoplasmic domain of CD44, CD43, and ICAM-2. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:885-95 pubmed..From these findings, we conclude that ERM proteins bind to integral membrane proteins bearing a positively charged amino acid cluster in their juxta-membrane cytoplasmic domain. ..
- Sakai A, Hizume K, Sutani T, Takeyasu K, Yanagida M. Condensin but not cohesin SMC heterodimer induces DNA reannealing through protein-protein assembly. EMBO J. 2003;22:2764-75 pubmed..SMC is eliminated from the completed double-stranded DNA. The ability of heterodimeric SMC to reanneal DNA may be regulated in vivo possibly through the non-SMC heterotrimeric complex. ..
- Umeda K, Matsui T, Nakayama M, Furuse K, Sasaki H, Furuse M, et al. Establishment and characterization of cultured epithelial cells lacking expression of ZO-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44785-94 pubmed..Finally, we discussed advantageous aspects of the gene knock-out system with cultured epithelial cells in epithelial cell biology. ..
- Tsukita S, Yonemura S. ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) family: from cytoskeleton to signal transduction. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1997;9:70-5 pubmed..Furthermore, identification of the neurofibromatosis type 2 tumour suppressor, which shows striking sequence similarity to ERM proteins, has increased interest in this family. ..
- Kitajiri S, Fukumoto K, Hata M, Sasaki H, Katsuno T, Nakagawa T, et al. Radixin deficiency causes deafness associated with progressive degeneration of cochlear stereocilia. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:559-70 pubmed..These findings indicated the existence of complicate functional redundancy in situ among ERM proteins. ..
- Itoh M, Morita K, Tsukita S. Characterization of ZO-2 as a MAGUK family member associated with tight as well as adherens junctions with a binding affinity to occludin and alpha catenin. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5981-6 pubmed..These findings indicated that ZO-2 forms a complex with ZO-1/occludin or ZO-1/alpha catenin to establish TJ or AJ domains, respectively. ..
- Kosaki A, Yamada K, Suga J, Otaka A, Kuzuya H. 14-3-3beta protein associates with insulin receptor substrate 1 and decreases insulin-stimulated phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase activity in 3T3L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:940-4 pubmed..The specific activity of the PI3K in the former was approximately half of that in the latter, suggesting that 14-3-3beta protein bound to IRS-1 inhibits insulin-stimulated lipid kinase activity of PI3K in 3T3L1 adipocytes. ..
- Tamura A, Kikuchi S, Hata M, Katsuno T, Matsui T, Hayashi H, et al. Achlorhydria by ezrin knockdown: defects in the formation/expansion of apical canaliculi in gastric parietal cells. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:21-8 pubmed..Immunofluorescence and electron microscopy revealed that this achlorhydria was caused by defects in the formation/expansion of canalicular apical membranes in gastric parietal cells...
- Shimada Y, Yonemura S, Ohkura H, Strutt D, Uemura T. Polarized transport of Frizzled along the planar microtubule arrays in Drosophila wing epithelium. Dev Cell. 2006;10:209-22 pubmed..Furthermore, there appeared to be a bias in the P-D MTs, with slightly more plus ends oriented distally. The hypothesis of polarized vesicular trafficking of Fz is discussed. ..
- Umeda K, Ikenouchi J, Katahira Tayama S, Furuse K, Sasaki H, Nakayama M, et al. ZO-1 and ZO-2 independently determine where claudins are polymerized in tight-junction strand formation. Cell. 2006;126:741-54 pubmed..When NZO-1 was forcibly recruited to lateral membranes and dimerized, claudins were dramatically polymerized. These findings indicate that ZO-1 and ZO-2 can independently determine whether and where claudins are polymerized. ..
- Yanagawa S, Matsuda Y, Lee J, Matsubayashi H, Sese S, Kadowaki T, et al. Casein kinase I phosphorylates the Armadillo protein and induces its degradation in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2002;21:1733-42 pubmed..His-tagged Arm was phosphorylated by CKIalpha in vitro on a set of serine and threonine residues that are also phosphorylated by Zeste-white 3. Thus, we propose that CKI phosphorylates Arm and stimulates its degradation. ..
- Hiiragi T, Sasaki H, Nagafuchi A, Sabe H, Shen S, Matsuki M, et al. Transglutaminase type 1 and its cross-linking activity are concentrated at adherens junctions in simple epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34148-54 pubmed
- Doi Y, Itoh M, Yonemura S, Ishihara S, Takano H, Noda T, et al. Normal development of mice and unimpaired cell adhesion/cell motility/actin-based cytoskeleton without compensatory up-regulation of ezrin or radixin in moesin gene knockout. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:2315-21 pubmed..These findings favor the notion that ERM proteins are functionally redundant at the cellular as well as the whole body level. ..
- Kawahara M, Hori T, Chonabayashi K, Oka T, Sudol M, Uchiyama T. Kpm/Lats2 is linked to chemosensitivity of leukemic cells through the stabilization of p73. Blood. 2008;112:3856-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Kpm/Lats2 is involved in the fate of p73 through the phosphorylation of YAP2 by Kpm/Lats2 and the induction of p73 target genes that underlie chemosensitivity of leukemic cells. ..
- Mazaki Y, Hashimoto S, Sabe H. Monocyte cells and cancer cells express novel paxillin isoforms with different binding properties to focal adhesion proteins. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:7437-44 pubmed..Therefore, each isoform of paxillin exhibits distinct expression and different biochemical as well as physiological properties and thereby appears to act as a distinct module involved in different functions of integrins. ..
- Miyoshi T, Tsuji T, Higashida C, Hertzog M, Fujita A, Narumiya S, et al. Actin turnover-dependent fast dissociation of capping protein in the dendritic nucleation actin network: evidence of frequent filament severing. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:947-55 pubmed..We predict that filament severing and end-to-end annealing might take place fairly frequently in the dendritic nucleation actin arrays. ..