Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: nuclear proteins
- Miyake T, Satoh T, Kato H, Matsushita K, Kumagai Y, Vandenbon A, et al. I?B? is essential for natural killer cell activation in response to IL-12 and IL-18. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17680-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Nfkbiz(-/-) mice were highly susceptible to mouse MCMV infection. Taken together, these results demonstrate that I?B? is essential for the activation of NK cells and antiviral host defense responses. ..
- Suzuki N, Ando S, Yamashita N, Horie N, Saito K. Evaluation of novel high-throughput embryonic stem cell tests with new molecular markers for screening embryotoxic chemicals in vitro. Toxicol Sci. 2011;124:460-71 pubmed publisher..The novel EST offers high predictability and accuracy with a reduced test duration and manpower compared with the original EST protocol, thus providing a new rapid and sensitive in vitro method for screening embryotoxicants. ..
- Mohri T, Fujio Y, Obana M, Iwakura T, Matsuda K, Maeda M, et al. Signals through glycoprotein 130 regulate the endothelial differentiation of cardiac stem cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:754-60 pubmed publisher..Gp130/STAT3 pathway plays critical roles in the regulation of endothelial differentiation of cardiac Sca-1+ cells. ..
- Kuo C, Uetsuki T, Kim C, Tanaka H, Li B, Taira E, et al. Determination of a necdin cis-acting element required for neuron specific expression by using zebra fish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;211:438-46 pubmed..These results indicate that a cis-acting element responsible for neuron specific expression is located in an 87bp sequence from -173 to -87 of necdin gene. ..
- Furukawa T, Adachi Y, Fujisawa J, Kambe T, Yamaguchi Iwai Y, Sasaki R, et al. Involvement of PLAGL2 in activation of iron deficient- and hypoxia-induced gene expression in mouse cell lines. Oncogene. 2001;20:4718-27 pubmed..We propose that PLAGL2 is involved in the cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of tumor cells by regulating iron depletion- or hypoxia-inducible gene expression. ..
- Ogawa H, Ueda T, Aoyama T, Aronheim A, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. A SWI2/SNF2-type ATPase/helicase protein, mDomino, interacts with myeloid zinc finger protein 2A (MZF-2A) to regulate its transcriptional activity. Genes Cells. 2003;8:325-39 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that an ATP-dependent chromatin-remodelling complex containing mDomino interacts with MZF-2A to regulate gene expression in myeloid cells. ..
- Higashi K, Inagaki Y, Fujimori K, Nakao A, Kaneko H, Nakatsuka I. Interferon-gamma interferes with transforming growth factor-beta signaling through direct interaction of YB-1 with Smad3. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43470-9 pubmed..They also indicate that IFN-gamma/YB-1 inhibits COL1A2 transcription by dual actions: via the IFN-gamma response element and through a cross-talk with the TGF-beta/Smad signaling pathway. ..
- Miyagawa Y, Nishimura H, Tsujimura A, Matsuoka Y, Matsumiya K, Okuyama A, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms and mutation analyses of the TNP1 and TNP2 genes of fertile and infertile human male populations. J Androl. 2005;26:779-86 pubmed..This deletion reduces TNP1 expression and may cause human male infertility. ..
- Mori M, Nakagami H, Koibuchi N, Miura K, Takami Y, Koriyama H, et al. Zyxin mediates actin fiber reorganization in epithelial-mesenchymal transition and contributes to endocardial morphogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3115-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, zyxin reorganizes actin fibers and enhances cell motility in response to TGF-beta1, thereby regulating EMT. ..
- Nakamura T, Nakamura Kubo M, Nakamura T, Shimoda C. Novel fission yeast Cdc7-Dbf4-like kinase complex required for the initiation and progression of meiotic second division. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:309-20 pubmed..These results suggest that Spo4 is a Cdc7 kinase whose primary role is in meiosis, not in DNA replication. This is the first report of an organism which has two Cdc7-related kinase complexes with different biological functions. ..
- Ikenishi K, Nishiumi F, Komiya T. The Xdsg protein in presumptive primordial germ cells (pPGCs) is essential to their differentiation into PGCs in Xenopus. Dev Biol. 2006;297:483-92 pubmed..Consequently, the Xdsg protein in pPGCs may play an important role in the formation of PGCs by regulating the production of XVLG1 protein. ..
- Nakamura M, Nishida W, Mori S, Hiwada K, Hayashi K, Sobue K. Transcriptional activation of beta-tropomyosin mediated by serum response factor and a novel Barx homologue, Barx1b, in smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18313-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that SRF and Barx1b are coordinately involved in the SMC-specific transcription of the beta-TM gene in the upper digestive organs and their attached arteries. ..
- Mimura Y, Takahashi K, Kawata K, Akazawa T, Inoue N. Two-step colocalization of MORC3 with PML nuclear bodies. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2014-24 pubmed publisher..MORC3 might clamp DNA or nucleosomes in MORC3 NDs via the CW domain. Furthermore, the SUMOylation of MORC3 at five sites was involved in the association of MORC3 with PML, and SUMO1-unmodified MORC3 formed NDs independently of PML. ..
- Shimada M, Okuzaki D, Tanaka S, Tougan T, Tamai K, Shimoda C, et al. Replication factor C3 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, a small subunit of replication factor C complex, plays a role in both replication and damage checkpoints. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3991-4003 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that rfc3(+) is required not only for DNA replication but also for replication and damage checkpoint controls, probably functioning as a checkpoint sensor. ..
- Ishimoto K. [Lipin 1 in lipid metabolism]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2011;131:1189-94 pubmed..Through two distinct functions in the nucleus and cytosol, lipin 1 modulates lipid metabolism and glucose homeostasis. Here we will discuss recent developments in our understanding of the role of lipin 1 in lipid metabolism. ..
- Hatada I, Sugama T, Mukai T. A new imprinted gene cloned by a methylation-sensitive genome scanning method. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:5577-82 pubmed
- Niinobe M, Koyama K, Yoshikawa K. Cellular and subcellular localization of necdin in fetal and adult mouse brain. Dev Neurosci. 2000;22:310-9 pubmed..These results suggest that endogenous necdin protein is localized predominantly in the cytoplasm of differentiated neurons and moves into the nucleus under specific conditions. ..
- Kurita M, Kuwajima T, Nishimura I, Yoshikawa K. Necdin downregulates CDC2 expression to attenuate neuronal apoptosis. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12003-13 pubmed..These results suggest that endogenous necdin attenuates neuronal apoptosis by suppressing the E2F1-Cdc2 system. ..
- Murasawa S, Matsubara H, Kijima K, Maruyama K, Mori Y, Inada M. Structure of the rat V1a vasopressin receptor gene and characterization of its promoter region and complete cDNA sequence of the 3'-end. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:20042-50 pubmed
- Kuwako K, Hosokawa A, Nishimura I, Uetsuki T, Yamada M, Nada S, et al. Disruption of the paternal necdin gene diminishes TrkA signaling for sensory neuron survival. J Neurosci. 2005;25:7090-9 pubmed..These results suggest that paternally expressed necdin facilitates TrkA signaling to promote the survival of NGF-dependent nociceptive neurons. ..
- Oka M, Asally M, Yasuda Y, Ogawa Y, Tachibana T, Yoneda Y. The mobile FG nucleoporin Nup98 is a cofactor for Crm1-dependent protein export. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1885-96 pubmed publisher..These results clearly demonstrate that Nup98 functions as a novel shuttling cofactor for Crm1-mediated nuclear export in conjunction with RanBP3. ..
- Naito Y, Yabuta N, Sato J, Ohno S, Sakata M, Kasama T, et al. Recruitment of cyclin G2 to promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies promotes dephosphorylation of ?H2AX following treatment with ionizing radiation. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1773-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that CycG2 is localized at DNA repair foci following DNA damage, and that CycG2 regulates the dephosphorylation of several factors necessary for DNA repair. ..
- Sugiyama D, Tanaka M, Kitajima K, Zheng J, Yen H, Murotani T, et al. Differential context-dependent effects of friend of GATA-1 (FOG-1) on mast-cell development and differentiation. Blood. 2008;111:1924-32 pubmed..These results indicate that FOG-1 inhibits mast-cell differentiation in a differentiation stage-dependent manner, and its effects are produced via different molecular mechanisms. ..
- Obata Y, Furusawa Y, Endo T, Sharif J, Takahashi D, Atarashi K, et al. The epigenetic regulator Uhrf1 facilitates the proliferation and maturation of colonic regulatory T cells. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:571-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, Uhrf1-dependent epigenetic silencing of Cdkn1a was required for the maintenance of gut immunological homeostasis. This mechanism enforces symbiotic host-microbe interactions without an inflammatory response. ..
- Ito S, Kuraoka I, Chymkowitch P, Compe E, Takedachi A, Ishigami C, et al. XPG stabilizes TFIIH, allowing transactivation of nuclear receptors: implications for Cockayne syndrome in XP-G/CS patients. Mol Cell. 2007;26:231-43 pubmed..These results provide an insight into the role of XPG in the stabilization of TFIIH and the regulation of gene expression and provide an explanation of some of the clinical features of XP-G/CS...
- Takahashi K, Yoshida N, Murakami N, Kawata K, Ishizaki H, Tanaka Okamoto M, et al. Dynamic regulation of p53 subnuclear localization and senescence by MORC3. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1701-9 pubmed..These results suggest that MORC3 regulates p53 activity and localization into PML-NBs. We identified a new molecular mechanism that regulates the activity of nuclear proteins by localization to a nuclear subdomain. ..
- Yamamoto R, Obbineni J, Alford L, Ide T, Owa M, Hwang J, et al. Chlamydomonas DYX1C1/PF23 is essential for axonemal assembly and proper morphology of inner dynein arms. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006996 pubmed publisher..The role of PF23/DYX1C1 remains unknown, but we suggest that DYX1C1 could provide a scaffold for macromolecular assembly. ..
- Nagoshi E, Imamoto N, Sato R, Yoneda Y. Nuclear import of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2, a basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper (bHLH-Zip)-containing transcription factor, occurs through the direct interaction of importin beta with HLH-Zip. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2221-33 pubmed..We further demonstrate that the helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper motif of SREBP-2 contains a novel type of nuclear localization signal, which binds directly to importin beta. ..
- Nagasawa T, Takakuwa T, Takayama H, Dong Z, Miyagawa S, Itami S, et al. Fas gene mutations in mycosis fungoides: analysis of laser capture-microdissected specimens from cutaneous lesions. Oncology. 2004;67:130-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that the accumulation of lymphoid cells with Fas mutations provides, in part, a basis for the development or maintenance of MF. ..
- Eto M, Yoshikawa H, Fujimura H, Naba I, Sumi Akamaru H, Takayasu S, et al. The role of CD36 in peripheral nerve remyelination after crush injury. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:2659-66 pubmed..We hypothesize that the delayed phagocytosis by macrophages and the defect in reuse of lipids from degraded myelin are related to seriously delayed remyelination and a small number of onion-bulbs in CD36 knockout mice. ..
- Nagano M, Adachi A, Masumoto K, Meyer Bernstein E, Shigeyoshi Y. rPer1 and rPer2 induction during phases of the circadian cycle critical for light resetting of the circadian clock. Brain Res. 2009;1289:37-48 pubmed publisher..Our current findings therefore suggest that Per1 and Per2 are differentially regulated for daily entrainment to the LD cycle. ..
- Yasuda Y, Miyamoto Y, Yamashiro T, Asally M, Masui A, Wong C, et al. Nuclear retention of importin ? coordinates cell fate through changes in gene expression. EMBO J. 2012;31:83-94 pubmed publisher..These results collectively reveal that nuclear-localized importin ?2 influences gene expression and contributes directly to cell fate outcomes including non-apoptotic cell death. ..
- Abe H, Shimoda C. Autoregulated expression of Schizosaccharomyces pombe meiosis-specific transcription factor Mei4 and a genome-wide search for its target genes. Genetics. 2000;154:1497-508 pubmed..Furthermore, expression of a reporter gene driven by the authentic mei4 promoter was induced in vegetative cells by ectopic overproduction of Mei4p. These results suggest that mei4 transcription is positively autoregulated. ..
- Hatada I, Ohashi H, Fukushima Y, Kaneko Y, Inoue M, Komoto Y, et al. An imprinted gene p57KIP2 is mutated in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Nat Genet. 1996;14:171-3 pubmed..Consequently, little or no active p57KIP2 should exist and this probably causes the overgrowth in this BWS patient. ..
- Kimura T, Ito C, Watanabe S, Takahashi T, Ikawa M, Yomogida K, et al. Mouse germ cell-less as an essential component for nuclear integrity. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1304-15 pubmed
- Zhou X, Yashiro Ohtani Y, Nakahira M, Park W, Abe R, Hamaoka T, et al. Molecular mechanisms underlying differential contribution of CD28 versus non-CD28 costimulatory molecules to IL-2 promoter activation. J Immunol. 2002;168:3847-54 pubmed..These observations suggest that unlike CD28 costimulation, non-CD28 costimulation fails to sustain IL-2 promoter activation and that such a failure is ascribed largely to the defect in the activation of c-Rel/NF-kappaB. ..
- Kitagawa K, Wang X, Hatada I, Yamaoka T, Nojima H, Inazawa J, et al. Isolation and mapping of human homologues of an imprinted mouse gene U2af1-rs1. Genomics. 1995;30:257-63 pubmed..Amino acid sequences of human U2AF1-RS1 and U2AF-RS2 showed significant homology to U2AF small subunit. The group 3 gene, designated as U2AF1-RS3, of which the cDNA has not yet been isolated, was mapped to chromosome 19p13.2. ..
- Qiu H, Nomiyama R, Moriguchi K, Fukada T, Sugimoto K. Identification of novel nuclear protein interactions with the N-terminal part of filamin A. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:145-7 pubmed..We identified two nuclear proteins that are specifically associated with the N-terminal region of FLNA. This suggests more extensive nuclear function of filamin than expected. ..
- Handa T, Kanke M, Takahashi T, Nakagawa T, Masukata H. DNA polymerization-independent functions of DNA polymerase epsilon in assembly and progression of the replisome in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3240-53 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Pol ? plays essential roles in both the assembly and progression of CMG helicase...
- Hatada I, Mukai T. Genomic imprinting of p57KIP2, a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in mouse. Nat Genet. 1995;11:204-6 pubmed..This murine gene maps to the distal region of chromosome 7, within a cluster of imprinted genes, including insulin-2, insulin-like growth factor-2, H19 and Mash2 (refs 14-18). ..
- Moriishi K, Okabayashi T, Nakai K, Moriya K, Koike K, Murata S, et al. Proteasome activator PA28gamma-dependent nuclear retention and degradation of hepatitis C virus core protein. J Virol. 2003;77:10237-49 pubmed..Thus, the nuclear retention and stability of the HCV core protein is regulated via a PA28gamma-dependent pathway through which HCV pathogenesis may be exerted. ..
- Aihara T, Miyoshi Y, Koyama K, Suzuki M, Takahashi E, Monden M, et al. Cloning and mapping of SMARCA5 encoding hSNF2H, a novel human homologue of Drosophila ISWI. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:191-3 pubmed..Northern-blot analysis demonstrated ubiquitous expression of 5.1-kb and 4.1-kb transcripts of the hSNF2H gene. This gene was mapped by FISH to chromosome bands 4q31.1-->q31.2. ..
- Takashima N, Fujioka A, Hayasaka N, Matsuo A, Takasaki J, Shigeyoshi Y. Gq/11-induced intracellular calcium mobilization mediates Per2 acute induction in Rat-1 fibroblasts. Genes Cells. 2006;11:1039-49 pubmed..These findings together suggest that serum and endothelin utilize a common Gq/11-PLC mediated pathway for the transactivation of rPer2, which involves the mobilization of calcium from the intracellular calcium store. ..
- Okumura K, Takagi S, Sakaguchi G, Naito K, Minoura Tada N, Kobayashi H, et al. Autoantigen Ku protein is involved in DNA binding proteins which recognize the U5 repressive element of human T-cell leukemia virus type I long terminal repeat. FEBS Lett. 1994;356:94-100 pubmed..As Ku is known to be involved in transcriptional regulation, the specific interaction of Ku with U5RE raises intriguing possibilities for its function in HTLV-I basal transcriptional repression. ..
- Yamaoka T, Hatada I, Kitagawa K, Wang X, Mukai T. Cloning and mapping of the U2af1-rs2 gene with a high transmission distortion in interspecific backcross progeny. Genomics. 1995;27:337-40 pubmed
- Itamochi H, Oishi T, Oumi N, Takeuchi S, Yoshihara K, Mikami M, et al. Whole-genome sequencing revealed novel prognostic biomarkers and promising targets for therapy of ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:717-724 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our whole-genome sequencing data highlight important pathways for molecular and biological characterisations and potential therapeutic targeting in OCCC. ..
- Furusawa T, Moribe H, Kondoh H, Higashi Y. Identification of CtBP1 and CtBP2 as corepressors of zinc finger-homeodomain factor deltaEF1. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8581-90 pubmed
- Higashi K, Tomigahara Y, Shiraki H, Miyata K, Mikami T, Kimura T, et al. A novel small compound that promotes nuclear translocation of YB-1 ameliorates experimental hepatic fibrosis in mice. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4485-92 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the results provide a novel insight into therapy for organ fibrosis using YB-1 modulators. ..
- Nakamura T, Kishida M, Shimoda C. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe spo6+ gene encoding a nuclear protein with sequence similarity to budding yeast Dbf4 is required for meiotic second division and sporulation. Genes Cells. 2000;5:463-79 pubmed..These results indicate that Spo6p is a novel Dbf4-related nuclear protein, which is expressed during meiosis and is indispensable for normal progression of meiosis-II and sporulation. ..
- Moriwaki Y, Begum N, Kobayashi M, Matsumoto M, Toyoshima K, Seya T. Mycobacterium bovis Bacillus Calmette-Guerin and its cell wall complex induce a novel lysosomal membrane protein, SIMPLE, that bridges the missing link between lipopolysaccharide and p53-inducible gene, LITAF(PIG7), and estrogen-inducible gene, EET-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23065-76 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first report of pathogen-associated molecular pattern (PAMP)-induced differential expression of a lysosomal membrane protein presumably involved in apoptosis. ..
- Yamada M, Toba S, Takitoh T, Yoshida Y, Mori D, Nakamura T, et al. mNUDC is required for plus-end-directed transport of cytoplasmic dynein and dynactins by kinesin-1. EMBO J. 2010;29:517-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings have uncovered an essential role of mNUDC for anterograde transport of dynein and dynactin by kinesin-1. ..
- Hasegawa K, Yoshikawa K. Necdin regulates p53 acetylation via Sirtuin1 to modulate DNA damage response in cortical neurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8772-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that necdin downregulates p53 acetylation levels by forming a stable complex with p53 and Sirt1 to protect neurons from DNA damage-induced apoptosis. ..
- Kishi K, Doki Y, Yano M, Yasuda T, Fujiwara Y, Takiguchi S, et al. Reduced MLH1 expression after chemotherapy is an indicator for poor prognosis in esophageal cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:4368-75 pubmed..In advanced ESCC, expression of MLH1 is reduced during CDDP-based chemotherapy, and this may partly account for poor postoperative survival. ..
- Ishida N, Oritani K, Shiraga M, Yoshida H, Kawamoto S, Ujiie H, et al. Differential effects of a novel IFN-zeta/limitin and IFN-alpha on signals for Daxx induction and Crk phosphorylation that couple with growth control of megakaryocytes. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:495-503 pubmed