Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on non small cell lung carcinoma in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: non small cell lung carcinoma
- Sunaga N, Kohno T, Yanagitani N, Sugimura H, Kunitoh H, Tamura T, et al. Contribution of the NQO1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms to lung adenocarcinoma susceptibility. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2002;11:730-8 pubmed..Therefore, carcinogens in tobacco smoke, which are activated by NQO1 and detoxified by GSTT1, could have a role in lung adenocarcinoma development. ..
- Karasaki T, Nakajima J, Murakawa T, Fukami T, Yoshida Y, Kusakabe M, et al. Video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy preserves more latissimus dorsi muscle than conventional surgery. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;8:316-9; discussion 319-20 pubmed publisher..001). Those on the non-surgical side were 89+/-23% in the VATS group and 97+/-16% in the PLT group (P=0.23). We conclude that VATS may prevent atrophy of LDM on the surgical side better than conventional thoracotomy. ..
- Kudoh S, Kato H, Nishiwaki Y, Fukuoka M, Nakata K, Ichinose Y, et al. Interstitial lung disease in Japanese patients with lung cancer: a cohort and nested case-control study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;177:1348-57 pubmed publisher..The risk of developing ILD was higher with gefitinib than chemotherapy, mainly in the first 4 weeks. ..
- Takanami I. Increased expression of integrin-linked kinase is associated with shorter survival in non-small cell lung cancer. BMC Cancer. 2005;5:1 pubmed..0218 for ILK; p = 0.0046 for T status; p < 0.0001 for N status; p < 0.0001 for vascular invasion). Our study demonstrates that increased expression of ILK is a poor prognostic factor in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Sekine I, Nokihara H, Yamamoto N, Kunitoh H, Ohe Y, Tamura T. Risk factors for skeletal-related events in patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated by chemotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2009;65:219-22 pubmed publisher..Male sex and poor performance status may be additional risk factors for the development of SREs in these patients. ..
- Hamada C, Tsuboi M, Ohta M, Fujimura S, Kodama K, Imaizumi M, et al. Effect of postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy with tegafur-uracil on survival in patients with stage IA non-small cell lung cancer: an exploratory analysis from a meta-analysis of six randomized controlled trials. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:1511-6 pubmed publisher..58-1.23). The results of a test for interaction between treatment response and T1 subgroup were not significant (p = 0.30). UFT significantly improves survival in patients with stage IA T1b NSCLC compared with surgery alone. ..
- Ohyanagi F, Yamamoto N, Horiike A, Harada H, Kozuka T, Murakami H, et al. Phase II trial of S-1 and cisplatin with concurrent radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:225-31 pubmed publisher..5 and 56%, respectively. This chemotherapy regimen with concomitant radiotherapy is a promising treatment for locally advanced NSCLC because of its high response rates, good survival rates, and mild toxicities. ..
- Takamochi K, Oh S, Suzuki K. Prognostic evaluation of nodal staging based on the new IASLC lymph node map for lung cancer. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;58:345-9 pubmed publisher..The prognostic impact of the presence of skip metastases on N2 disease should therefore be taken into consideration when carrying out the forthcoming revision of the TNM staging system. ..
- Takei H, Asamura H, Maeshima A, Suzuki K, Kondo H, Niki T, et al. Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: a clinicopathologic study of eighty-seven cases. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002;124:285-92 pubmed
- Tanai C, Yamamoto N, Ohe Y, Takahashi T, Kunitoh H, Murakami H, et al. A phase I study of enzastaurin combined with pemetrexed in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:1068-74 pubmed publisher..Both schedules of enzastaurin in combination with pemetrexed were well tolerated and clinically active in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Kimura H, Fujiwara Y, Sone T, Kunitoh H, Tamura T, Kasahara K, et al. EGFR mutation status in tumour-derived DNA from pleural effusion fluid is a practical basis for predicting the response to gefitinib. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:1390-5 pubmed..The results suggest that DNA in pleural effusion fluid can be used to detect EGFR mutations and that the EGFR mutation status may be useful as a predictor of the response to gefitinib. ..
- Kunitoh H, Kato H, Tsuboi M, Shibata T, Asamura H, Ichinose Y, et al. Phase II trial of preoperative chemoradiotherapy followed by surgical resection in patients with superior sulcus non-small-cell lung cancers: report of Japan Clinical Oncology Group trial 9806. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:644-9 pubmed publisher..The disease-free and overall survival rates at 3 years were 49% and 61%, respectively; at 5 years, they were 45% and 56%, respectively. This trimodality approach is safe and effective for the treatment of patients with SSTs. ..
- Kasuga I, Makino S, Kiyokawa H, Katoh H, Ebihara Y, Ohyashiki K. Tumor-related leukocytosis is linked with poor prognosis in patients with lung carcinoma. Cancer. 2001;92:2399-405 pubmed..Its occurrence appears to be an ominous prognostic sign in patients with lung carcinoma. ..
- Ogihara S, Seichi A, Hozumi T, Oka H, Ieki R, Nakamura K, et al. Prognostic factors for patients with spinal metastases from lung cancer. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:1585-90 pubmed..PS, Ca, and Alb in NSCLC and Ca, Alb, and a history of chemotherapy in SCLC are useful for determining an indication of operation for spinal metastases from lung cancer. ..
- Shiraishi K, Kohno T, Tanai C, Goto Y, Kuchiba A, Yamamoto S, et al. Association of DNA repair gene polymorphisms with response to platinum-based doublet chemotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:4945-52 pubmed publisher..8%) than to the gemcitabine regimen (10.5%; P for interaction = .019). Polymorphisms in the TP53 and PARP1 genes are involved in inter-individual differences in the response to platinum-based doublet chemotherapy in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Nakamura H, Saji H, Ogata A, Hosaka M, Hagiwara M, Kawasaki N, et al. Immunologic parameters as significant prognostic factors in lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2002;37:161-9 pubmed..A variety of immunologic indices have prognostic significance for the different types of lung cancer. Among these, the HLA-DR (%) in the peripheral blood is the most reliable factor for squamous cell carcinoma and small cell carcinoma. ..
- Inamura K, Togashi Y, Ninomiya H, Shimoji T, Noda T, Ishikawa Y. HOXB2, an adverse prognostic indicator for stage I lung adenocarcinomas, promotes invasion by transcriptional regulation of metastasis-related genes in HOP-62 non-small cell lung cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:2121-7 pubmed..HOXB2 promotes invasion of lung cancer cells through the regulation of metastasis-related genes. ..
- Sato T, Gotoh N. The FRS2 family of docking/scaffolding adaptor proteins as therapeutic targets of cancer treatment. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2009;13:689-700 pubmed publisher..Combination therapy with RTK-targeting drugs and FRS2-targeting drugs may be useful for cancer treatment in the near future. ..
- Yamazaki S, Sekine I, Matsuno Y, Takei H, Yamamoto N, Kunitoh H, et al. Clinical responses of large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung to cisplatin-based chemotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2005;49:217-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that the response rate of LCNEC to cisplatin-based chemotherapy was comparable to that of SCLC. ..
- Abe A, Yamada H. Harmol induces apoptosis by caspase-8 activation independently of Fas/Fas ligand interaction in human lung carcinoma H596 cells. Anticancer Drugs. 2009;20:373-81 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that the harmol could cause apoptosis-inducing effects in human lung H596 cells through caspase-8-dependent pathway but independent of Fas/Fas ligand interaction. ..
- Yamada K, Yamamoto N, Yamada Y, Mukohara T, Minami H, Tamura T. Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of ABI-007, albumin-bound paclitaxel, administered every 3 weeks in Japanese patients with solid tumors. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010;40:404-11 pubmed publisher..Additional studies of single-agent ABI-007 as well as platinum-based combinations, particularly in patients with non-small cell lung cancer, are warranted. ..
- Sugimoto Y, Ohe Y, Nishio K, Ohmori T, Fujiwara Y, Saijo N. In vitro enhancement of fluoropyrimidine-induced cytotoxicity by leucovorin in colorectal and gastric carcinoma cell lines but not in non-small-cell lung carcinoma cell lines. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 1992;30:417-22 pubmed..These in vitro data corresponded well to the results of clinical trials. Therefore, the colony-forming assay may be useful for the identification of the sensitivity of tumors according to phenotype. ..
- Takanami I, Inoue Y, Gika M. G-protein inwardly rectifying potassium channel 1 (GIRK 1) gene expression correlates with tumor progression in non-small cell lung cancer. BMC Cancer. 2004;4:79 pubmed..0004 for the overall group; p = 0.0376 for stage I). These data indicate that GIRK1 may contribute to tumor progression and GIRK1 gene expression can serve as a useful prognostic marker in the overall and stage I NSCLCs. ..
- Fukami T, Fukuhara H, Kuramochi M, Maruyama T, Isogai K, Sakamoto M, et al. Promoter methylation of the TSLC1 gene in advanced lung tumors and various cancer cell lines. Int J Cancer. 2003;107:53-9 pubmed..These results suggest that alteration of TSLC1 would be involved in advanced NSCLC as well as in many other human cancers. ..
- Ishikawa N, Daigo Y, Yasui W, Inai K, Nishimura H, Tsuchiya E, et al. ADAM8 as a novel serological and histochemical marker for lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:8363-70 pubmed..Our data suggest that ADAM8 should be useful as a diagnostic marker and probably as a therapeutic target. ..
- Kawasaki T, Yokoi S, Tsuda H, Izumi H, Kozaki K, Aida S, et al. BCL2L2 is a probable target for novel 14q11.2 amplification detected in a non-small cell lung cancer cell line. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1070-7 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that overexpressed BCL2L2, through amplification or other mechanisms, promotes the growth of NSCLC, especially the adenocarcinoma subtype, and might be a therapeutic target. ..
- Kato T, Daigo Y, Hayama S, Ishikawa N, Yamabuki T, Ito T, et al. A novel human tRNA-dihydrouridine synthase involved in pulmonary carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5638-46 pubmed
- Mizutani T, Ito T, Nishina M, Yamamichi N, Watanabe A, Iba H. Maintenance of integrated proviral gene expression requires Brm, a catalytic subunit of SWI/SNF complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15859-64 pubmed..These results suggest that the Brm-containing SWI/SNF complex subfamily (trithorax-G) and a complex including YY1 and HDACs (Polycomb-G) counteract each other to maintain transcription of exogenously introduced genes. ..
- Ishikawa N, Daigo Y, Takano A, Taniwaki M, Kato T, Tanaka S, et al. Characterization of SEZ6L2 cell-surface protein as a novel prognostic marker for lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:737-45 pubmed..These results indicate that SEZ6L2 should be a useful prognostic marker of lung cancers. ..
- Satoh Y, Hoshi R, Ishikawa Y, Horai T, Okumura S, Nakagawa K. Recurrence patterns in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancers undergoing positive pleural lavage cytology. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83:197-202 pubmed..Moreover, curative resection, followed by adjuvant systemic therapy, could be necessary for improvement of outcome. ..
- Hayashi N, Sugimoto Y, Tsuchiya E, Ogawa M, Nakamura Y. Somatic mutations of the MTS (multiple tumor suppressor) 1/CDK4l (cyclin-dependent kinase-4 inhibitor) gene in human primary non-small cell lung carcinomas. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;202:1426-30 pubmed..Five were deletions and 14 were missense mutations. These results suggest that inactivation of MTS1/CDK4l plays an important role during carcinogenesis of NSCLC. ..
- Otsuka T, Kohno T, Mori M, Noguchi M, Hirohashi S, Yokota J. Deletion mapping of chromosome 2 in human lung carcinoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 1996;16:113-9 pubmed..046). These results suggested that inactivation of tumor suppressor genes on chromosome 2 is involved in the phenotypic alterations of NSCLC cells into more aggressive ones. ..
- Inoue Y, Tomisawa M, Yamazaki H, Abe Y, Suemizu H, Tsukamoto H, et al. The modifier subunit of glutamate cysteine ligase (GCLM) is a molecular target for amelioration of cisplatin resistance in lung cancer. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:1333-9 pubmed..CDDP-resistance was more effectively ameliorated when GCLM rather than GCLC was inhibited. GCLM is a potentially more effective pharmacologic target for ameliorating CDDP-resistance in non-small cell lung cancer than GCLC. ..
- Mano Y, Takahashi K, Ishikawa N, Takano A, Yasui W, Inai K, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 oncogene partner as a novel prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1902-13 pubmed..Because our data imply that FGFR1OP is likely to play a significant role in lung cancer growth and progression, FGFR1OP should be useful as a prognostic biomarker and probably as a therapeutic target for lung cancer. ..
- Takeuchi K, Choi Y, Soda M, Inamura K, Togashi Y, Hatano S, et al. Multiplex reverse transcription-PCR screening for EML4-ALK fusion transcripts. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6618-24 pubmed publisher..These data reinforce the importance of accurate diagnosis of EML4-ALK-positive tumors for the optimization of treatment strategies. ..
- Takanami I, Takeuchi K. Autocrine motility factor-receptor gene expression in lung cancer. Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;51:368-73 pubmed..These data indicate that AMF-R may contribute to tumor progression and AMF-R gene expression can serve as a useful prognostic marker in NSCLCs. ..
- Kuroda H, Mochizuki S, Shimoda M, Chijiiwa M, Kamiya K, Izumi Y, et al. ADAM28 is a serological and histochemical marker for non-small-cell lung cancers. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1844-56 pubmed publisher..05). These data demonstrate that our ELISA is specific and sensitive to monitor the levels of ADAM28 in the samples from NSCLC patients and suggest that ADAM28 is a useful serological and histochemical marker for NSCLC. ..
- Ishikawa N, Takano A, Yasui W, Inai K, Nishimura H, Ito H, et al. Cancer-testis antigen lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus K is a serologic biomarker and a therapeutic target for lung and esophageal carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11601-11 pubmed..Our data imply that a cancer-testis antigen, LY6K, should be useful as a new type of tumor biomarker and probably as a target for the development of new molecular therapies for cancer treatment. ..
- Miyanaga A, Gemma A, Ando M, Kosaihira S, Noro R, Minegishi Y, et al. E-cadherin expression and epidermal growth factor receptor mutation status predict outcome in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with gefitinib. Oncol Rep. 2008;19:377-83 pubmed..In patients with surgically resected NSCLC tumors, the EGFR mutation status and E-cadherin staining can select patients who will benefit from gefitinib therapy. ..
- Yamamoto H, Sekine I, Yamada K, Nokihara H, Yamamoto N, Kunitoh H, et al. Gender differences in treatment outcomes among patients with non-small cell lung cancer given a combination of carboplatin and paclitaxel. Oncology. 2008;75:169-74 pubmed publisher..Of note, hematological toxicity was more severe in female patients. ..
- Takahashi K, Furukawa C, Takano A, Ishikawa N, Kato T, Hayama S, et al. The neuromedin U-growth hormone secretagogue receptor 1b/neurotensin receptor 1 oncogenic signaling pathway as a therapeutic target for lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9408-19 pubmed..These data strongly implied that targeting the NMU signaling pathway would be a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of lung cancers. ..
- Takanami I, Abiko T, Koizumi S. Expression of periostin in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: correlation with angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. Int J Biol Markers. 2008;23:182-6 pubmed..Periostin expression was not significant in a multivariate additive model. Our findings show that periostin correlates with increased tumor progression and a worse prognosis in NSCLC, as well as with angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis...
- Suzuki C, Takahashi K, Hayama S, Ishikawa N, Kato T, Ito T, et al. Identification of Myc-associated protein with JmjC domain as a novel therapeutic target oncogene for lung cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:542-51 pubmed
- Suzuki T, Nishio K, Sasaki H, Kurokawa H, Saito Ohara F, Ikeuchi T, et al. cDNA cloning of a short type of multidrug resistance protein homologue, SMRP, from a human lung cancer cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;238:790-4 pubmed..This gene was mapped on chromosome 3 at band q27 by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis and was found to be expressed in various tissues by Northern blot analysis...
- Yokoi S, Yasui K, Mori M, Iizasa T, Fujisawa T, Inazawa J. Amplification and overexpression of SKP2 are associated with metastasis of non-small-cell lung cancers to lymph nodes. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:175-80 pubmed..Our results suggest that SKP2 may be involved in progression of NSCLC, and that targeting this molecule could represent a promising therapeutic option. ..
- Kobayashi K. [Guide line for the treatment of stage I and stage II non small cell lung cancer]. Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi. 2004;105:392-403 pubmed..For patients with stage I and stage II NSCLS in whom operation is not feasible for medical reasons, radical radiation therapy is recommended. ..
- Yamakawa K, Horio Y, Murata Y, Takahashi E, Hibi K, Yokoyama S, et al. Frequent homozygous deletions in lung cancer cell lines detected by a DNA marker located at 3p21.3-p22. Oncogene. 1993;8:327-30 pubmed
- Sato M, Takahashi K, Nagayama K, Arai Y, Ito N, Okada M, et al. Identification of chromosome arm 9p as the most frequent target of homozygous deletions in lung cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2005;44:405-14 pubmed..Thus, it was indicated that 9p is the most frequent target of homozygous deletions in lung cancer, suggesting that the arm contains multiple lung tumor suppressor genes and/or genomic features fragile during lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Hosokawa M, Kadota R, Shichijo S, Itoh K, Dmitriev I, Krasnykh V, et al. Cell cycle arrest and apoptosis induced by SART-1 gene transduction. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:1983-90 pubmed..In addition, SART-1 is known to be a tumor antigen in a range of cancers recognized by T cells, thus a potential strategy would be the combination of suicide gene therapy with immuno-gene therapy. ..
- Takeda Y, Tsuduki E, Izumi S, Hojo M, Kamimura M, Naka G, et al. A phase I/II trial of irinotecan-cisplatin combined with an anti-late-diarrhoeal programme to evaluate the safety and antitumour response of this combination therapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2005;93:1341-9 pubmed..This regimen of irinotecan and cisplatin with ADP resulted in promising efficacy with acceptable toxicity for patients with advanced NSCLC. This regimen is a candidate for the experimental arm towards future phase III studies. ..
- Hirata D, Yamabuki T, Miki D, Ito T, Tsuchiya E, Fujita M, et al. Involvement of epithelial cell transforming sequence-2 oncoantigen in lung and esophageal cancer progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:256-66 pubmed publisher..ECT2 cancer-testis antigen is likely to be a prognostic biomarker in clinic and a potential therapeutic target for the development of anticancer drugs and cancer vaccines for lung and esophageal cancers. ..
- Kunitoh H, Suzuki K. How to evaluate the risk/benefit of trimodality therapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1498-503 pubmed..Numerous clinical questions remain, and enrolment of patients into well-designed clinical trials should be encouraged. ..
- Takanami I, Abiko T, Koizumi S. Expression of maspin in non-small-cell lung cancer: correlation with clinical features. Clin Lung Cancer. 2008;9:361-6 pubmed publisher..03; OS, P = .01). Strong maspin expression was an independent factor in predicting a favorable prognosis in squamous cell carcinoma of lung. ..
- Yageta M, Kuramochi M, Masuda M, Fukami T, Fukuhara H, Maruyama T, et al. Direct association of TSLC1 and DAL-1, two distinct tumor suppressor proteins in lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:5129-33 pubmed..These findings, together with frequent loss of their expression in lung cancers, suggest that TSLC1 and DAL-1 play a critical role in the same pathway involved in the suppression of lung tumor formation and metastasis. ..
- Migita T, Narita T, Nomura K, Miyagi E, Inazuka F, Matsuura M, et al. ATP citrate lyase: activation and therapeutic implications in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8547-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that ACLY is involved in lung cancer pathogenesis associated with metabolic abnormality and might offer a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Kikuchi S, Yamada D, Fukami T, Masuda M, Sakurai Yageta M, Williams Y, et al. Promoter methylation of DAL-1/4.1B predicts poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2954-61 pubmed..0011 and P = 0.045, respectively). DAL-1 methylation is involved in the development and progression of NSCLC and provides an indicator for poor prognosis. ..
- Furukawa C, Daigo Y, Ishikawa N, Kato T, Ito T, Tsuchiya E, et al. Plakophilin 3 oncogene as prognostic marker and therapeutic target for lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2005;65:7102-10 pubmed
- Ishiwata T, Takahashi K, Shimanuki Y, Ohashi R, Cui R, Takahashi F, et al. Serum tenascin-C as a potential predictive marker of angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:489-95 pubmed..Collectively, Tn-C may play an important role in angiogenesis of patients with NSCLC, and the determination of serum Tn-C may be useful in predicting intratumoral vasculature and patients' prognosis. ..
- Sato N, Koinuma J, Ito T, Tsuchiya E, Kondo S, Nakamura Y, et al. Activation of an oncogenic TBC1D7 (TBC1 domain family, member 7) protein in pulmonary carcinogenesis. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2010;49:353-67 pubmed publisher..Selective suppression of TBC1D7 and/or inhibition of the TBC1D7-TSC1 complex formation could be promising therapeutic strategies for lung cancer therapy. ..
- Hirai K, Koizumi K, Haraguchi S, Hirata T, Mikami I, Fukushima M, et al. Prognostic significance of the tumor suppressor gene maspin in non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:248-53 pubmed..Furthermore, maspin expression in cytoplasm appears to be unaffected by p53. ..
- Noro R, Miyanaga A, Minegishi Y, Okano T, Seike M, Soeno C, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor enhances sensitivity of non-small-cell lung cancer cells to 5-FU/S-1 via down-regulation of thymidylate synthase expression and up-regulation of p21(waf1/cip1) expression. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1424-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that combination therapy with SAHA and S-1 in lung cancer may be promising due to its potential to overcome S-1 resistance via modulation of 5-FU/S-1 sensitivity-associated biomarker (TS) by HDAC inhibitor. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Ohata H, Kuroki T, Koyama K, Tsuchiya E, Monden M, et al. Isolation of a candidate tumor suppressor gene on chromosome 8p21.3-p22 that is homologous to an extracellular domain of the PDGF receptor beta gene. Oncogene. 1995;10:891-5 pubmed..In addition, somatic missense and frame-shift mutations were found in two HCCs and one CRC. These findings indicate that inactivation of the PRLTS gene may play a significant role in development of some carcinomas. ..
- Noguchi K, Kawahara H, Kaji A, Katayama K, Mitsuhashi J, Sugimoto Y. Substrate-dependent bidirectional modulation of P-glycoprotein-mediated drug resistance by erlotinib. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1701-7 pubmed publisher..These findings will be useful in understanding the pharmacological interactions of erlotinib used in combinational chemotherapy. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Ohata H, Emi M, Okui K, Koyama K, Tsuchiya E, et al. A 3-Mb physical map of the chromosome region 8p21.3-p22, including a 600-kb region commonly deleted in human hepatocellular carcinoma, colorectal cancer, and non-small cell lung cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 1994;10:7-14 pubmed..6 Mb in NSCLC. As four of the 12 physically ordered markers are located within the 0.6 Mb region commonly deleted in all three tumor types, nearly one fourth to one fifth of the target region has already been covered with cosmid inserts. ..
- Iejima D, Minegishi Y, Takenaka K, Siswanto A, Watanabe M, Huang L, et al. FRS2beta, a potential prognostic gene for non-small cell lung cancer, encodes a feedback inhibitor of EGF receptor family members by ERK binding. Oncogene. 2010;29:3087-99 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have identified the molecular mechanisms by which FRS2beta acts as a feedback inhibitor of EGFR family members and suggest a role for FRS2beta as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Yoshimura A, Gemma A, Hosoya Y, Komaki E, Hosomi Y, Okano T, et al. Increased expression of the LGALS3 (galectin 3) gene in human non-small-cell lung cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;37:159-64 pubmed..Accordingly, LGALS3 may be a phenotypic marker that excludes small-cell lung cancer and may represent a novel target molecule in non-small-cell lung cancer therapy. ..
- Ohtsuka K, Ohnishi H, Fujiwara M, Kishino T, Matsushima S, Furuyashiki G, et al. Abnormalities of epidermal growth factor receptor in lung squamous-cell carcinomas, adenosquamous carcinomas, and large-cell carcinomas: tyrosine kinase domain mutations are not rare in tumors with an adenocarcinoma component. Cancer. 2007;109:741-50 pubmed..These results suggest that EGFR TKD mutations are found in NSCLCs with an adenocarcinoma element. Patients with such lesions are thus considered candidates for molecular therapies targeting EGFR. ..
- Kawaishi M, Fujiwara Y, Fukui T, Kato T, Yamada K, Ohe Y, et al. Circulating endothelial cells in non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with carboplatin and paclitaxel. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:208-13 pubmed publisher..019). CEC is suggested to be a promising predictive marker of the clinical efficacy of the CBDCA plus paclitaxel regimen in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Inamura K, Takeuchi K, Togashi Y, Nomura K, Ninomiya H, Okui M, et al. EML4-ALK fusion is linked to histological characteristics in a subset of lung cancers. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:13-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we could detect the fusion protein by immunohistochemistry, pointing to possible clinical applications. ..
- Asamura H, Goya T, Koshiishi Y, Sohara Y, Eguchi K, Mori M, et al. A Japanese Lung Cancer Registry study: prognosis of 13,010 resected lung cancers. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:46-52 pubmed publisher..The validation of tumor, node, metastasis staging system in terms of prognosis is an indispensable part of establishing a better staging system in lung cancer...
- Izumi H, Inoue J, Yokoi S, Hosoda H, Shibata T, Sunamori M, et al. Frequent silencing of DBC1 is by genetic or epigenetic mechanisms in non-small cell lung cancers. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:997-1007 pubmed..Our results provide the first evidence that DBC1 is a likely tumor suppressor for NSCLC; silencing of the gene through homozygous deletion or methylation of its promoter region may be associated with progression of this disease. ..
- Noro R, Gemma A, Kosaihira S, Kokubo Y, Chen M, Seike M, et al. Gefitinib (IRESSA) sensitive lung cancer cell lines show phosphorylation of Akt without ligand stimulation. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:277 pubmed
- Suzuki C, Daigo Y, Kikuchi T, Katagiri T, Nakamura Y. Identification of COX17 as a therapeutic target for non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2003;63:7038-41 pubmed
- Usuda J, Ohira T, Suga Y, Oikawa T, Ichinose S, Inoue T, et al. Breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) affected acquired resistance to gefitinib in a "never-smoked" female patient with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2007;58:296-9 pubmed..We describe, for the first time, a case in which expression of BCRP was associated with acquired resistance to gefitinib, independent of EGFR mutations...
- Fukai R, Sakao Y, Sakuraba M, Oh S, Shiomi K, Sonobe S, et al. The prognostic value of carcinoembryonic antigen in T1N1M0 and T2N1M0 non-small cell carcinoma of the lung. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007;32:440-4 pubmed..Therefore, even in completely resected pN1 non-small cell lung cancer, patients with a high CEA level might be candidates for multimodal therapy. ..
- Ohtsuka T, Shiomi T, Shimoda M, Kodama T, Amour A, Murphy G, et al. ADAM28 is overexpressed in human non-small cell lung carcinomas and correlates with cell proliferation and lymph node metastasis. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:263-73 pubmed
- Nomori H, Watanabe K, Ohtsuka T, Naruke T, Suemasu K. In vivo identification of sentinel lymph nodes for clinical stage I non-small cell lung cancer for abbreviation of mediastinal lymph node dissection. Lung Cancer. 2004;46:49-55 pubmed
- Yokoi S, Yasui K, Iizasa T, Takahashi T, Fujisawa T, Inazawa J. Down-regulation of SKP2 induces apoptosis in lung-cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:344-9 pubmed
- Kuramochi M, Fukuhara H, Nobukuni T, Kanbe T, Maruyama T, Ghosh H, et al. TSLC1 is a tumor-suppressor gene in human non-small-cell lung cancer. Nat Genet. 2001;27:427-30 pubmed..2. Thus, attenuation of TSLC1 expression occurred in 85% of primary tumors with LOH. Hypermethylation of the TSLC1 promoter would seem to represent the 'second hit' in NSCLC with LOH. ..
- Kawachi R, Tsukada H, Nakazato Y, Takei H, Furuyashiki G, Koshi ishi Y, et al. Early recurrence after surgical resection in patients with pathological stage I non-small cell lung cancer. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:472-5 pubmed publisher..In patients with these factors, adjuvant therapy may be indicated since this may improve their survival. ..
- Hayashi M, Sekikawa A, Saijo A, Takada W, Yamawaki I, Ohkawa S. Successful treatment of hypertrophic osteoarthropathy by gefitinib in a case with lung adenocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:2435-8 pubmed..The presented case suggests that the EGFR inhibitor might be a promising option for the treatment of hypertrophic osteoarthropathy with advanced lung adenocarcinoma...
- Suga Y, Miyajima K, Oikawa T, Maeda J, Usuda J, Kajiwara N, et al. Quantitative p16 and ESR1 methylation in the peripheral blood of patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:1137-42 pubmed..Our study results also suggested that comparative evaluation of the methylation ratio before and after surgery might be a powerful tool to predict the prognosis of lung cancer patients. ..
- Kusakabe M, Kutomi T, Watanabe K, Emoto N, Aki N, Kage H, et al. Identification of G0S2 as a gene frequently methylated in squamous lung cancer by combination of in silico and experimental approaches. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:1895-1902 pubmed publisher..6%) (Mann-Whitney U test, p < 0.001). DNA methylation of G0S2 can be an important biomarker for squamous lung cancer. ..
- Takanami I. Overexpression of CCR7 mRNA in nonsmall cell lung cancer: correlation with lymph node metastasis. Int J Cancer. 2003;105:186-9 pubmed..0117). Our study demonstrates that CCR7 might be related to the development of lymph node metastasis in NSCLC. The expression of CCR7 mRNA could open up a new window for the diagnostic staging and treatment of NSCLC. ..