Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications526 found, 100 shown here
- Yoshida T, Yoshida N, Monkawa T, Hayashi M, Saruta T. Dietary phosphorus deprivation induces 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) 1alpha-hydroxylase gene expression. Endocrinology. 2001;142:1720-6 pubmed
- Nagatsuka Y, Hara Yokoyama M, Kasama T, Takekoshi M, Maeda F, Ihara S, et al. Carbohydrate-dependent signaling from the phosphatidylglucoside-based microdomain induces granulocytic differentiation of HL60 cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7454-9 pubmed
- Nishifuji K, Amagai M, Ota T, Nishikawa T, Iwasaki T. Cloning of canine desmoglein 3 and immunoreactivity of serum antibodies in human and canine pemphigus vulgaris with its extracellular domains. J Dermatol Sci. 2003;32:181-91 pubmed..The cDNA sequence and the baculovirus recombinant protein of canine Dsg3 will be useful to characterize the serum autoantibodies in canine PV. ..
- Suzuki H, Masaoka T, Hosoda H, Ota T, Minegishi Y, Nomura S, et al. Helicobacter pylori infection modifies gastric and plasma ghrelin dynamics in Mongolian gerbils. Gut. 2004;53:187-94 pubmed..05), suggesting a compensatory increase in secretion of the peptide at this time point. The present experimental study demonstrated that gastric and plasma ghrelin dynamics are altered in response to H pylori infection...
- Muto E, Tabata Y, Taneda T, Aoki Y, Muto A, Arai K, et al. Identification and characterization of Veph, a novel gene encoding a PH domain-containing protein expressed in the developing central nervous system of vertebrates. Biochimie. 2004;86:523-31 pubmed..On the other hand, homozygous knockout mice of Veph showed no significant defect in the CNS, pointing to possible different functions of Veph between the zebrafish and mouse. ..
- Saijo M, Niikura M, Maeda A, Sata T, Kurata T, Kurane I, et al. Characterization of monoclonal antibodies to Marburg virus nucleoprotein (NP) that can be used for NP-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Med Virol. 2005;76:111-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the Marburg virus nucleoprotein-capture ELISA system using the monoclonal antibodies is a promising technique for rapid diagnosis of Marburg hemorrhagic fever. ..
- Yamauchi M, Miya M, Machida R, Nishida M. PCR-based approach for sequencing mitochondrial genomes of decapod crustaceans, with a practical example from kuruma prawn (Marsupenaeus japonicus). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2004;6:419-29 pubmed..As a practical example, the mitogenomic sequence for a kuruma prawn Marsupenaeus japonicus (Crustacea: Decapoda), was determined using the PCR-based approach. ..
- Hara Y, Yamaguchi M, Akasaka K, Nakano H, Nonaka M, Amemiya S. Expression patterns of Hox genes in larvae of the sea lily Metacrinus rotundus. Dev Genes Evol. 2006;216:797-809 pubmed..Our study illuminates the possible body plan and Hox expression patterns of the ancestral echinoderm and sheds light on the larval body plan of the last common ancestor of the echinoderms and chordates. ..
- Yoon J, Matsuo Y, Matsuda S, Adachi K, Kasai H, Yokota A. Cerasicoccus arenae gen. nov., sp. nov., a carotenoid-producing marine representative of the family Puniceicoccaceae within the phylum 'Verrucomicrobia', isolated from marine sand. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:2067-72 pubmed..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is YM26-026(T) (=MBIC08280(T)=KCTC 12870(T)). ..
- Nishii W, Kubota K, Takahashi K. The P1 and P1' residue specificities of physarolisin I, a serine-carboxyl peptidase from the true slime mold Physarum polycephalum. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1168-71 pubmed..This P1 specificity, different from other serine-carboxyl peptidases, appears to be explained partially by the nature of the S1 subsite residues...
- Miyazono K, Zhi Y, Takamura Y, Nagata K, Saigo K, Kojima T, et al. Cooperative DNA-binding and sequence-recognition mechanism of aristaless and clawless. EMBO J. 2010;29:1613-23 pubmed publisher..This structure suggests a novel mode for the cooperativity of homeodomain proteins. ..
- Koshikawa N, Mizushima H, Minegishi T, Iwamoto R, Mekada E, Seiki M. Membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase cleaves off the NH2-terminal portion of heparin-binding epidermal growth factor and converts it into a heparin-independent growth factor. Cancer Res. 2010;70:6093-103 pubmed publisher..Thus, we shed light on a new mechanism whereby HB-EGF activity is regulated that should be considered when designing HB-EGF-targeted cancer therapy...
- Takagi S, Tominaga A, Sato C, Tomita T, Iwatsubo T. Participation of transmembrane domain 1 of presenilin 1 in the catalytic pore structure of the ?-secretase. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15943-50 pubmed publisher..Our results provide mechanistic insights into the functional role of TMD1 of PS1 in the intramembrane-cleaving activity of the ?-secretase. ..
- Adachi H, Ishiguro A, Hamada M, Sakota E, Asai K, Nakamura Y. Antagonistic RNA aptamer specific to a heterodimeric form of human interleukin-17A/F. Biochimie. 2011;93:1081-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the selected aptamer recognizes a global conformation specified by the heterodimeric surface of IL-17A/F. ..
- Kato K, Sasaki N, Shastry B. Retinal ganglion cell (RGC) death in glaucomatous beagles is not associated with mutations in p53 and NTF4 genes. Vet Ophthalmol. 2012;15 Suppl 2:8-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that impaired neurotrophin signaling or compromised trophic support to the retina and p53-mediated apoptosis may not be the underlying mechanism of RGCs death in a beagle model of glaucoma. ..
- Kuwata R, Hoshino K, Isawa H, Tsuda Y, Tajima S, Sasaki T, et al. Establishment and characterization of a cell line from the mosquito Culex tritaeniorhynchus (Diptera: Culicidae). In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2012;48:369-76 pubmed publisher..tritaeniorhynchus. The cells were highly susceptible to Japanese encephalitis and Dengue viruses, thus providing a valuable tool for the study of mosquito-borne flaviviruses...
- Fujii Y, Tanaka S, Otsuki M, Hoshino Y, Endo H, Sato R. Affinity maturation of Cry1Aa toxin to the Bombyx mori cadherin-like receptor by directed evolution. Mol Biotechnol. 2013;54:888-99 pubmed publisher..We discuss the development of a genetic engineering method based on directed evolution to improve the binding affinity of Cry toxin to receptors...
- Tsuchiya H, Tanaka K, Saeki Y. The parallel reaction monitoring method contributes to a highly sensitive polyubiquitin chain quantification. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;436:223-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ubiquitin PRM is a novel, useful, quantitative method for analyzing the highly complicated ubiquitin system. ..
- Iwamoto C, Takenaka K, Urata S, Yamauchi T, Shima T, Kuriyama T, et al. The BALB/c-specific polymorphic SIRPA enhances its affinity for human CD47, inhibiting phagocytosis against human cells to promote xenogeneic engraftment. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:163-171.e1 pubmed publisher..This information should be useful for developing a novel immunodeficient strain with superior efficiency for xenogeneic transplantation of human cells. ..
- Itaya M, Kondo K. Molecular cloning of a ribonuclease H (RNase HI) gene from an extreme thermophile Thermus thermophilus HB8: a thermostable RNase H can functionally replace the Escherichia coli enzyme in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4443-9 pubmed..It was suggested that regulation of expression of the RNase H may be different from that of E. coli. RNase HI...
- Takahashi H, Matsuda M, Kojima A, Sata T, Andoh T, Kurata T, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase: enhancement of activity by interaction with cellular topoisomerase I. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:5694-8 pubmed..The findings suggest that cellular topo I plays an important role in the reverse transcription of HIV-1 RNA and that the recruitment of this enzyme may be an important step in virus replication. ..
- Sasaki T, Sasaki M, Enami J. Mouse gamma-casein cDNA: PCR cloning and sequence analysis. Zoolog Sci. 1993;10:65-72 pubmed..Comparison of full-length cDNAs of mouse gamma-casein and rat gamma-casein showed 80% identity at the nucleotide level. The amino acids in the coding region of both gamma-caseins were 75% identical. ..
- Nitta T, Endo T, Tsunoda A, Kadota Y, Matsumoto T, Sato K. Melanotic neuroectodermal tumor of infancy: a molecular approach to diagnosis. Case report. J Neurosurg. 1995;83:145-8 pubmed..The positive expression of melanotransferrin confirmed that this melanotic neuroectodermal tumor was derived from neural crest cells...
- Miwa T, Sudo K, Nakamura Y, Imai T. Fifty sequenced-tagged sites on human chromosome 11. Genomics. 1993;17:211-4 pubmed..These STSs can serve as new reagents for investigating human DNA in somatic cell hybrids and for isolating yeast artificial chromosomes to anchor large DNA contigs and fine-scale physical maps of chromosome 11. ..
- Gotoh T, Hattori S, Nakamura S, Kitayama H, Noda M, Takai Y, et al. Identification of Rap1 as a target for the Crk SH3 domain-binding guanine nucleotide-releasing factor C3G. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6746-53 pubmed..Furthermore, expression of C3G with a membrane localization signal in a v-Ki-ras transformant, DT, induced a reversion of the cells to the flat form, possibly through the activation of endogenous Rap1. ..
- Koishi R, Kawashima I, Yoshimura C, Sugawara M, Serizawa N. Cloning and characterization of a novel oxidoreductase KDRF from a human bone marrow-derived stromal cell line KM-102. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:2570-7 pubmed..Thus, we named it KDRF (KM-102-derived reductase-like factor), and KDRF may play a role in scavenging reactive oxygen intermediates, which are possibly toxic to cells, in response to inflammatory stimuli. ..
- Beppu H, Minowa O, Miyazono K, Kawabata M. cDNA cloning and genomic organization of the mouse BMP type II receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:499-504 pubmed..Knowledge of the structure of the BMPR-II gene is essential for the understanding of the role of bone morphogenetic proteins in the developmental and physiological processes of animals. ..
- Kobayashi T, Urakami S, Cheadle J, Aspinwall R, Harris P, Sampson J, et al. Identification of a leader exon and a core promoter for the rat tuberous sclerosis 2 (Tsc2) gene and structural comparison with the human homolog. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:554-8 pubmed..Characterization of the 5' region of Tsc2 and TSC2 will facilitate studies of the regulation of the gene and its disregulation in tumorigenesis. ..
- Tanahashi H, Tabira T. Cloning of the cDNA encoding rat presenilin-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1396:259-62 pubmed..9%), mouse (96.4%) and Xenopus (70.8%). A minor splicing variant lacking a single glutamate was detected, while the product corresponding to the exon 9 deleted splicing variant observed in human was not detected. ..
- Hori T, Kato S, Saeki M, DeMartino G, Slaughter C, Takeuchi J, et al. cDNA cloning and functional analysis of p28 (Nas6p) and p40.5 (Nas7p), two novel regulatory subunits of the 26S proteasome. Gene. 1998;216:113-22 pubmed..However, the NAS7, but not NAS6, disruptant cells caused high sensitivity to heat stress, being unable to proliferate at 37 degreesC. ..
- Akasaka T, Onodera Y, Tanaka M, Sato K. Cloning, expression, and enzymatic characterization of Pseudomonas aeruginosa topoisomerase IV. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999;43:530-6 pubmed..aeruginosa DNA gyrase. These results confirmed that topoisomerase IV is less sensitive to fluoroquinolones than is DNA gyrase and may be a secondary target of new quinolones in wild-type P. aeruginosa. ..
- Takahara T, Kanazu S, Yanagisawa S, Akanuma H. Heterogeneous Sp1 mRNAs in human HepG2 cells include a product of homotypic trans-splicing. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38067-72 pubmed..Because Southern blot analysis suggested that exon 3 is of a single copy in the genome, the cDNA clone having the duplicated sequences for exon 3 appeared to reflect the trans-splicing between pre-mRNAs of human Sp1. ..
- Sunaga N, Kohno T, Shinmura K, Saitoh T, Matsuda T, Saito R, et al. OGG1 protein suppresses G:C-->T:A mutation in a shuttle vector containing 8-hydroxyguanine in human cells. Carcinogenesis. 2001;22:1355-62 pubmed..These results indicate that OGG1 protein has the ability to suppress G:C-->T:A transversions caused by 8-OHG in human cells in vivo. ..
- Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human WINS1 and mouse Wins2, homologous to Drosophila segment polarity gene Lines (Lin). Int J Mol Med. 2002;10:155-9 pubmed..8-kb in size was expressed in adult testis, prostate, spleen, thymus, skeletal muscle, fetal kidney and brain. This is the first report on molecular cloning and initial characterization of human WINS1 and mouse Wins2 ..
- Ishiwatari Hayasaka H, Maruya M, Sreedhar A, Nemoto T, Csermely P, Yahara I. Interaction of neuropeptide Y and Hsp90 through a novel peptide binding region. Biochemistry. 2003;42:12972-80 pubmed..Mutation of arginine residues in NPY13-36 to alanine abrogated binding to Hsp90. Our studies indicate that the hinge region after the N-terminal domain of Hsp90 and the positive charges on NPY are important for this interaction. ..
- Li Y, Ohtsu K, Nemoto K, Tsutsumi N, Hirai A, Nakazono M. The rice pyruvate decarboxylase 3 gene, which lacks introns, is transcribed in mature pollen. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:145-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the rice PDC3 is a functional gene. Its product may play a role in aerobic alcoholic fermentation in mature pollen. ..
- Doi M, Nagano A, Nakamura Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel gene, EMILIN-5, and its possible involvement in skeletal development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:888-93 pubmed..5 days post-coitus revealed relatively high levels of EMILIN-5 protein in perichondrium cells of developing limbs. Our findings suggest that the EMILIN-5 gene plays an important role in skeletal development. ..
- Li Y, Yokota T, Matsumura R, Taira K, Mizusawa H. Sequence-dependent and independent inhibition specific for mutant ataxin-3 by small interfering RNA. Ann Neurol. 2004;56:124-9 pubmed..5%) by this siRNA possibly due to difference of the secondary structure of the target RNA. This is the first report of sequence-independent discrimination of mutant and wild-type alleles by siRNA. ..
- Seshime Y, Juvvadi P, Fujii I, Kitamoto K. Discovery of a novel superfamily of type III polyketide synthases in Aspergillus oryzae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:253-60 pubmed..Conservation of catalytic residues in the CHSs across species implicated enzymatically active nature of these newly discovered homologs. ..
- Terashima Y, Onai N, Murai M, Enomoto M, Poonpiriya V, Hamada T, et al. Pivotal function for cytoplasmic protein FROUNT in CCR2-mediated monocyte chemotaxis. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:827-35 pubmed..Thus, FROUNT links activated CCR2 to the PI(3)K-Rac-lamellipodium protrusion cascade and could be a therapeutic target in chronic inflammatory immune diseases associated with macrophage infiltration. ..
- Urata M, Uchimura H, Noguchi H, Sakaguchi T, Takemura T, Eto K, et al. Plasmid pCAR3 contains multiple gene sets involved in the conversion of carbazole to anthranilate. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:3198-205 pubmed..Both terminal oxygenases of KA1 showed roughly the same substrate specificity as that from the well-characterized carbazole degrader Pseudomonas resinovorans CA10, although slight differences were observed. ..
- Nakamura I, Xue G, Sakudo A, Saeki K, Matsumoto Y, Ikuta K, et al. Novel single nucleotide polymorphisms in the specific protein 1 binding site of the bovine PRNP promoter in Japanese Black cattle: impairment of its promoter activity. Intervirology. 2007;50:190-6 pubmed
- Rimbara E, Noguchi N, Kawai T, Sasatsu M. Correlation between substitutions in penicillin-binding protein 1 and amoxicillin resistance in Helicobacter pylori. Microbiol Immunol. 2007;51:939-44 pubmed..pylori isolates had multiple substitutions including Asn562-->Tyr. These results suggest that multiple amino acid substitutions in the transpeptidase region of PBP1 are closely related to amoxicillin resistance in H. pylori. ..
- Matsuda S, Miura E, Matsuda K, Kakegawa W, Kohda K, Watanabe M, et al. Accumulation of AMPA receptors in autophagosomes in neuronal axons lacking adaptor protein AP-4. Neuron. 2008;57:730-45 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AP-4 may regulate proper somatodendritic-specific distribution of its cargo proteins, including AMPA receptor-TARP complexes and the autophagic pathway in neurons. ..
- Shimazu K, Takahashi Y, Uchikawa Y, Shimazu Y, Yajima A, Takashima E, et al. Identification of the Streptococcus gordonii glmM gene encoding phosphoglucosamine mutase and its role in bacterial cell morphology, biofilm formation, and sensitivity to antibiotics. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;53:166-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, in S. gordonii, mutations in glmM appear to influence bacterial cell growth and morphology, biofilm formation, and sensitivity to penicillins. ..
- Izumiya H, Pei Y, Terajima J, Ohnishi M, Hayashi T, Iyoda S, et al. New system for multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis of the enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli strains belonging to three major serogroups: O157, O26, and O111. Microbiol Immunol. 2010;54:569-77 pubmed publisher..Because EHEC strains of three major serogroups can be rapidly analyzed on a single platform with our expanded MLVA system, this system could be widely used in molecular epidemiological studies of EHEC infections. ..
- Tsuzuki M, Nishihama R, Ishizaki K, Kurihara Y, Matsui M, Bowman J, et al. Profiling and Characterization of Small RNAs in the Liverwort, Marchantia polymorpha, Belonging to the First Diverged Land Plants. Plant Cell Physiol. 2016;57:359-72 pubmed publisher..polymorpha. Profiling data on miRNA together with the ectopic expression system would provide new information on the liverwort small RNA world and evolutionary divergence/conservation of small RNA function among land plants. ..
- Domoto C, Watanabe H, Abe M, Abe K, Arai S. Isolation and characterization of two distinct cDNA clones encoding corn seed cysteine proteinases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1263:241-4 pubmed..On the other hand, the CCP2 mRNA is expressed only during germination, with maximum expression at the 3-day stage. These results suggest the presence of at least two cysteine proteinases playing differential roles in the corn seeds. ..
- Koyama K, Emi M, Nakamura Y. The cell adhesion regulator (CAR) gene, TaqI and insertion/deletion polymorphisms, and regional assignment to the peritelomeric region of 16q by linkage analysis. Genomics. 1993;16:264-5 pubmed..Genetic linkage analysis based on the genotypes of TaqI polymorphism in CEPH families revealed close linkage of CAR to D16S7 and D16S154, which are located in the peritelomeric region of the long arm of chromosome 16. ..
- Hirono A, Miwa S, Fujii H, Ishida F, Yamada K, Kubota K. Molecular study of eight Japanese cases of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency by nonradioisotopic single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis. Blood. 1994;83:3363-8 pubmed..Because it is easy and requires no special apparatus, this modified method will be useful for screening mutations in the G6PD gene. ..
- Sato T, Sakamoto T, Takita K, Saito H, Okui K, Nakamura Y. The human prohibitin (PHB) gene family and its somatic mutations in human tumors. Genomics. 1993;17:762-4 pubmed..Although mutations were observed in a few sporadic breast cancers, none were identified in any of the other cancers. ..
- Takahisa M, Togashi S, Suzuki T, Kobayashi M, Murayama A, Kondo K, et al. The Drosophila tamou gene, a component of the activating pathway of extramacrochaetae expression, encodes a protein homologous to mammalian cell-cell junction-associated protein ZO-1. Genes Dev. 1996;10:1783-95 pubmed..These results suggest that the membrane-associated Tam protein is involved in the signaling pathway that activates emc expression. ..
- Arai Y, Hosoda F, Kobayashi H, Arai K, Hayashi Y, Kamada N, et al. The inv(11)(p15q22) chromosome translocation of de novo and therapy-related myeloid malignancies results in fusion of the nucleoporin gene, NUP98, with the putative RNA helicase gene, DDX10. Blood. 1997;89:3936-44 pubmed..The predicted NUP98-DDX10 fusion protein may promote leukemogenesis through aberrant nucleoplasmic transport of mRNA or alterations in ribosome assembly. ..
- Orimo H, Goseki Sone M, Sato S, Shimada T. Detection of deletion 1154-1156 hypophosphatasia mutation using TNSALP exon amplification. Genomics. 1997;42:364-6 pubmed
- Sato Y, Takahashi H. Molecular cloning and expression of murine homologue of semaphorin K1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1443:419-22 pubmed..Moreover, moderate expression is also detected in the immune system such as thymus and spleen. Thus, semaphorin K1 may play essential roles not only in the nervous system but also in the immune system. ..
- Ito T, Katayama Y, Hiramatsu K. Cloning and nucleotide sequence determination of the entire mec DNA of pre-methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus N315. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1999;43:1449-58 pubmed..However, there was no ORF that might encode mec DNA-specific transposase or integrase proteins, indicating that the mec DNA is not a transposon or a bacteriophage in nature...
- Kai M, Matsuoka M, Nakata N, Maeda S, Gidoh M, Maeda Y, et al. Diaminodiphenylsulfone resistance of Mycobacterium leprae due to mutations in the dihydropteroate synthase gene. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;177:231-5 pubmed..This is the first paper which links the mutations in DHPS and sulfonamide resistance in M. leprae. This finding is medically and socially relevant, since leprosy is still a big problem in certain regions...
- Kajita M, Itoh Y, Chiba T, Mori H, Okada A, Kinoh H, et al. Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cleaves CD44 and promotes cell migration. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:893-904 pubmed..These findings revealed a novel interaction of the two molecules that have each been implicated in tumor cell migration and invasion. ..
- Yoshida T, Ito A, Matsuda N, Mishina M. Regulation by protein kinase A switching of axonal pathfinding of zebrafish olfactory sensory neurons through the olfactory placode-olfactory bulb boundary. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4964-72 pubmed..We thus propose that the regulation of PKA signaling plays a key role in the long-distance axonal pathfinding through intermediate guideposts. ..
- Matsumoto A, Takahashi Y, Shinose M, Seino A, Iwai Y, Omura S. Longispora albida gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel genus of the family Micromonosporaceae. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2003;53:1553-9 pubmed..nov., sp. nov., in the family MICROMONOSPORACEAE: The type strain is K97-0003(T) (=NRRL B-24201(T)=JCM 11711(T))...
- Yoshikawa N, Yamamoto K, Shimizu N, Yamada S, Morimoto C, Tanaka H. The distinct agonistic properties of the phenylpyrazolosteroid cortivazol reveal interdomain communication within the glucocorticoid receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1110-24 pubmed..These results support a model where ligand-dependent conformational changes in the LBD play a role in GR-mediated gene regulation via modular interaction with the DBD and activation function-1. ..
- Okada T, Akada M, Fujita T, Iwata T, Goto Y, Kido K, et al. A novel cancer testis antigen that is frequently expressed in pancreatic, lung, and endometrial cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:191-7 pubmed..KU-CT-1 is a new cancer testis antigen that is expressed in pancreatic, lung, and endometrial cancers and may be useful for diagnosis and immunotherapy for patients with various cancers. ..
- Zhong S, Zheng H, Suzuki M, Chen Q, Ikegaya H, Aoki N, et al. Age-related urinary excretion of BK polyomavirus by nonimmunocompromised individuals. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:193-8 pubmed..Therefore, our results reveal new aspects of BK viruria in nonimmunocompromised individuals. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Tsuchiya A, Hayashi T, Kohyama N, Ohbayashi M, Yamamoto T. Isolation and characterization of polyspecific mouse organic solute carrier protein 1 (mOscp1). Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1239-45 pubmed..Our results indicate that isolated mOscp1 is a polyspecific organic solute carrier protein and may be a key molecule for the testicular handling of organic solutes. ..
- Isawa H, Orito Y, Jingushi N, Iwanaga S, Morita A, Chinzei Y, et al. Identification and characterization of plasma kallikrein-kinin system inhibitors from salivary glands of the blood-sucking insect Triatoma infestans. FEBS J. 2007;274:4271-86 pubmed
- Ikeshima Kataoka H, Wada A, Ishiwata K, Watanabe N, Saito S. Cloning and expression of cDNA for interleukin 4 from the MSKR inbred strain of Mus musculus molossinus. In Vivo. 2009;23:277-80 pubmed..In MSKR, IL-4 was expressed at high levels in thymus and spleen as revealed by reverse transcriptase PCR method and Northern hybridization. The tissue-specific expression profile was quite similar to that of laboratory mice...
- Koizumi N, Muto M, Tanikawa T, Mizutani H, Sohmura Y, Hayashi E, et al. Human leptospirosis cases and the prevalence of rats harbouring Leptospira interrogans in urban areas of Tokyo, Japan. J Med Microbiol. 2009;58:1227-30 pubmed publisher..Antibodies against these serovars and their DNA were detected in the patients. This suggests that rats are important reservoirs of leptospirosis, and that rat-borne leptospires occur in urban areas of Tokyo...
- Katagiri Y, Sato B, Yamatoya K, Taki T, Goto Inoue N, Setou M, et al. GalNAc?1,3-linked paragloboside carries the epitope of a sperm maturation-related glycoprotein that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody MC121. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:326-31 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the epitope to which MC121 binds is present in a neolacto-series GSL, IV³GalNAc?-nLc?Cer² sequence. ..
- Park S, Yoshizawa S, Inomata K, Kogure K, Yokota A. Halioglobus japonicus gen. nov., sp. nov. and Halioglobus pacificus sp. nov., members of the class Gammaproteobacteria isolated from seawater. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:1784-9 pubmed publisher..nov., the type species of the genus, with S1-36(T) (?=?NBRC 107739(T)?=?KCTC 23429(T)) as type strain, and Halioglobus pacificus sp. nov., with S1-72(T) (?=?NBRC 107742(T)?=?KCTC 23430(T)) as type strain...
- Lim K, Furuta Y, Kobayashi I. Large variations in bacterial ribosomal RNA genes. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:2937-48 pubmed..These results open the way to understanding dynamic evolutionary changes of rRNA genes and the translational machinery. ..
- Fujimoto A, Farooq M, Fujikawa H, Inoue A, Ohyama M, Ehama R, et al. A missense mutation within the helix initiation motif of the keratin K71 gene underlies autosomal dominant woolly hair/hypotrichosis. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2342-2349 pubmed publisher..Our findings further underscore the crucial role of the IRS-specific keratins in hair follicle development and hair growth in humans. ..
- Kato K, Nishimasu H, Mihara E, Ishitani R, Takagi J, Aoki J, et al. Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of Enpp1. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2012;68:778-82 pubmed publisher..7 Å resolution using a selenomethionine-labelled crystal. The experimental phases determined by the SAD method produced an interpretable electron-density map. ..
- Oda T, Kikkawa M. Novel structural labeling method using cryo-electron tomography and biotin-streptavidin system. J Struct Biol. 2013;183:305-311 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the combination of the biotin-streptavidin system and cryo-electron tomography is a powerful method to investigate the structure of large macromolecular complexes. ..
- Zhou F, Lin Q, Zhu L, Ren Y, Zhou K, Shabek N, et al. D14-SCF(D3)-dependent degradation of D53 regulates strigolactone signalling. Nature. 2013;504:406-10 pubmed publisher..Our combined genetic and biochemical data reveal that D53 acts as a repressor of the SL signalling pathway, whose hormone-induced degradation represents a key molecular link between SL perception and responses...
- Takagi M, Ishikawa K, Nagai H, Sasaki T, Gotoh K, Koyama H. Detection of contamination of vaccines with the reticuloendotheliosis virus by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). Virus Res. 1996;40:113-21 pubmed..This system provides a rapid, sensitive and specific method for detection of contamination of MD vaccines with REV-RNA, and it may be applied for quality control of live vaccines...
- Watanabe A, Ikejima M, Suzuki N, Shimada T. Genomic organization and expression of the human MSH3 gene. Genomics. 1996;31:311-8 pubmed
- Ogawa M, Hiraoka Y, Taniguchi K, Aiso S. Cloning and expression of a human/mouse Polycomb group gene, ENX-2/Enx-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1395:151-8 pubmed..A cell line of mouse neuroblastoma, Neuro-2a, also expresses Enx-2 mRNA and its level is elevated by induction of neuronal differentiation of the cell. ..
- Kanai Azuma M, Kanai Y, Okamoto M, Hayashi Y, Yonekawa H, Yazaki K. Nrk: a murine X-linked NIK (Nck-interacting kinase)-related kinase gene expressed in skeletal muscle. Mech Dev. 1999;89:155-9 pubmed..Nrk gene expression was detected in the myotome at 10.5 dpc and, thereafter, was observed in developing skeletal musculature from 11.5 to 13.5 dpc. However, expression in skeletal muscle was not observed in adults. ..
- Kikuchi S, Tanoue A, Goda N, Matsuo N, Tsujimoto G. Structure and sequence of the mouse V1a and V1b vasopressin receptor genes. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1999;81:388-92 pubmed..The availability of these genes would allow us to study the functional role of V1a and V1b receptors by disrupting the gene in mice. ..
- Inoue K, Mizuno T, Wada K, Hagiwara M. Novel RING finger proteins, Air1p and Air2p, interact with Hmt1p and inhibit the arginine methylation of Npl3p. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32793-9 pubmed..Thus, Air1p and Air2p may affect mRNA transport by regulating the arginine methylation state of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins...
- Hada N, Kuroda M, Takeda T. Synthetic studies on glycosphingolipids from protostomia phyla: synthesis of a glycosphingolipid analogue from the parasite Spirometra erinacei. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2000;48:1160-5 pubmed..The fully per-O-acylated 2-(trimethylsilyl)ethyl glycoside 19 was converted to glycosylimidate 20, which was condensed with 2-(tetradecyl)hexadecanol and subsequently deacylated to give the target glycosphingolipid analogue 22...
- Aoki K, Ishida N, Kawakita M. Substrate recognition by UDP-galactose and CMP-sialic acid transporters. Different sets of transmembrane helices are utilized for the specific recognition of UDP-galactose and CMP-sialic acid. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21555-61 pubmed
- Koishi R, Ando Y, Ono M, Shimamura M, Yasumo H, Fujiwara T, et al. Angptl3 regulates lipid metabolism in mice. Nat Genet. 2002;30:151-7 pubmed..This increase was also observed in C57BL/6J normal mice. Taken together, these data suggest that Angptl3 regulates lipid metabolism in animals. ..
- Kikuchi J, Furukawa Y, Hayashi N. Identification of novel p53-binding proteins by biomolecular interaction analysis combined with tandem mass spectrometry. Mol Biotechnol. 2003;23:203-12 pubmed..Furthermore, the association and dissociation constants are easily determined by kinetic analysis. This system provides a powerful tool for analyzing complex biological materials in a simple but highly specific and sensitive manner. ..
- Hirota K, Tanaka K, Ohta K, Yamamoto M. Gef1p and Scd1p, the Two GDP-GTP exchange factors for Cdc42p, form a ring structure that shrinks during cytokinesis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3617-27 pubmed..These observations suggest that Gef1p and Scd1p may have a role in mediating between contraction of the actomyosin ring and formation of the septum, by recruiting active Cdc42p to the septation site. ..
- Uekita T, Gotoh I, Kinoshita T, Itoh Y, Sato H, Shiomi T, et al. Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cytoplasmic tail-binding protein-1 is a new member of the Cupin superfamily. A possible multifunctional protein acting as an invasion suppressor down-regulated in tumors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12734-43 pubmed..Thus, MTCBP-1 may have multiple functions other than the regulation of MT1-MMP, which presumably depends on the subcellular compartment. ..
- Matsumura T, Semba K, Azuma S, Ikawa S, Gohda J, Akiyama T, et al. TIFAB inhibits TIFA, TRAF-interacting protein with a forkhead-associated domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:230-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that TIFAB inhibits the TIFA-mediated TRAF6 activation possibly by inducing a conformational change in TIFA. ..
- Nakano T, Miyake K, Endo H, Dairi T, Mizukami T, Katsumata R. Identification and cloning of the gene involved in the final step of chlortetracycline biosynthesis in Streptomyces aureofaciens. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:1345-52 pubmed publisher..A conserved domain search of protein sequence databases indicated that TchA showed a similarity to FbiB, which is involved in the modification of FO in Mycobacterium bovis...