Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: molecular cloning
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Shimamoto K, Lebrun B, Yasuda Kamatani Y, Sakaitani M, Shigeri Y, Yumoto N, et al. DL-threo-beta-benzyloxyaspartate, a potent blocker of excitatory amino acid transporters. Mol Pharmacol. 1998;53:195-201 pubmed
- Sawamoto K, Winge P, Koyama S, Hirota Y, Yamada C, Miyao S, et al. The Drosophila Ral GTPase regulates developmental cell shape changes through the Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase pathway. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:361-72 pubmed..These results indicate that DRal regulates developmental cell shape changes through the JNK pathway. ..
- Iwamoto M, Higuchi Y, Koyama E, Enomoto Iwamoto M, Kurisu K, Yeh H, et al. Transcription factor ERG variants and functional diversification of chondrocytes during limb long bone development. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:27-40 pubmed..C-1-1 is the first transcription factor identified to date that appears to be instrumental in the genesis and function of epiphyseal articular chondrocytes. ..
- Furukawa T, Adachi Y, Fujisawa J, Kambe T, Yamaguchi Iwai Y, Sasaki R, et al. Involvement of PLAGL2 in activation of iron deficient- and hypoxia-induced gene expression in mouse cell lines. Oncogene. 2001;20:4718-27 pubmed..We propose that PLAGL2 is involved in the cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of tumor cells by regulating iron depletion- or hypoxia-inducible gene expression. ..
- Hattori N, Saito T, Yagyu T, Jiang B, Kitagawa K, Inagaki C. GH, GH receptor, GH secretagogue receptor, and ghrelin expression in human T cells, B cells, and neutrophils. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:4284-91 pubmed..Widespread distribution of ghrelin and GH secretagogue receptor in human immune cells may indicate unknown biological functions other than enhancing GH secretion in the immune system. ..
- Tsujimura A, Nunoue K, Inoue N, Shida K, Kurita Taniguchi M, Matsumoto M, et al. Three soluble form messages of murine CD46 are produced through alternative mRNA splicing. J Biochem. 2001;130:841-8 pubmed
- Nunoya K, Grant C, Zhang D, Cole S, Deeley R. Molecular cloning and pharmacological characterization of rat multidrug resistance protein 1 (mrp1). Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:1016-26 pubmed..Our studies also suggest that although rMRP1 and mMRP1 are 95% identical in primary structure, their substrate specificities may be influenced by amino acids that are not conserved between the two rodent proteins. ..
- Chiba H, Michibata H, Wakimoto K, Seishima M, Kawasaki S, Okubo K, et al. Cloning of a gene for a novel epithelium-specific cytosolic phospholipase A2, cPLA2delta, induced in psoriatic skin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12890-7 pubmed..These results suggest that cPLA(2)delta exhibits a unique distribution pattern compared with that of known cPLA(2) subtypes, and it may play a critical role in inflammation in psoriatic lesions. ..
- Matsushita M, Tanaka S, Nakamura N, Inoue H, Kanazawa H. A novel kinesin-like protein, KIF1Bbeta3 is involved in the movement of lysosomes to the cell periphery in non-neuronal cells. Traffic. 2004;5:140-51 pubmed..These results indicate that KIF1Bbeta3 is involved in the translocation of lysosomes from perinuclear regions to the cell periphery. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Iguchi N, Kitamura K, Nishimura H, Manabe H, Miyagawa Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a mouse spergen-1 localized in sperm mitochondria. Int J Androl. 2004;27:152-60 pubmed
- Oshiumi H, Shida K, Goitsuka R, Kimura Y, Katoh J, Ohba S, et al. Regulator of complement activation (RCA) locus in chicken: identification of chicken RCA gene cluster and functional RCA proteins. J Immunol. 2005;175:1724-34 pubmed..Taken together, the chicken possesses an regulator of complement activation locus similar to those of the mammals, and the gene products function as complement regulators. ..
- Ikeno T, Numata H, Goto S. Molecular characterization of the circadian clock genes in the bean bug, Riptortus pedestris, and their expression patterns under long- and short-day conditions. Gene. 2008;419:56-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that transcriptional regulations of circadian clock genes would not play an important role in the diapause programming in R. pedestris. ..
- Wakabayashi T, Kosaka J, Mochii M, Miki Y, Mori T, Takamori Y, et al. C38, equivalent to BM88, is developmentally expressed in maturing retinal neurons and enhances neuronal maturation. J Neurochem. 2010;112:1235-48 pubmed publisher..C38 does not induce neuronal competence in pluripotent cells, but does promote maturation in already committed neuronal cells. ..
- Yokoyama C, Tanabe T. Cloning of human gene encoding prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase and primary structure of the enzyme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;165:888-94 pubmed..Human prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase exhibited 91% amino acid identity with the sheep enzyme. ..
- Sakata T, Nakamura E, Tsuruta Y, Tamaki M, Teraoka H, Tojo H, et al. Presence of pancreatic-type phospholipase A2 mRNA in rat gastric mucosa and lung. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;1007:124-6 pubmed..1986) J. Biochem. 99, 733-739). This demonstrates that the pancreatic-type phospholipase A2 present in gastric mucosa and lung does not originate from pancreas. ..
- Sakamoto K, Kirita S, Baba T, Nakamura Y, Yamazoe Y, Kato R, et al. A new cytochrome P450 form belonging to the CYP2D in dog liver microsomes: purification, cDNA cloning, and enzyme characterization. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1995;319:372-82 pubmed..Western blot analysis suggested that P450 DUT2 is a constitutive and major (approximately 20% of the total P450) form, indicating that the 2D subfamily P450 in dog liver is quite unique from CYP2D members of other species. ..
- Kitaura M, Nakajima T, Imai T, Harada S, Combadiere C, Tiffany H, et al. Molecular cloning of human eotaxin, an eosinophil-selective CC chemokine, and identification of a specific eosinophil eotaxin receptor, CC chemokine receptor 3. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:7725-30 pubmed
- Houtani T, Nishi M, Takeshima H, Nukada T, Sugimoto T. Structure and regional distribution of nociceptin/orphanin FQ precursor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;219:714-9 pubmed..In situ hybridization analysis of nociceptin precursor mRNA in the mouse central nervous system revealed that it is highly expressed in discrete neuronal sites with the pattern distinct from those of opioid peptides. ..
- Yamashiro K, Tsuruoka N, Kodama S, Tsujimoto M, Yamamura Y, Tanaka T, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel trypsin-like serine protease (neurosin) preferentially expressed in brain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1350:11-4 pubmed..Successful production of the active neurosin was shown after treating the supernatant of the culture of the transfectants with enterokinase. ..
- Sakurai H, Shigemori N, Hasegawa K, Sugita T. TGF-beta-activated kinase 1 stimulates NF-kappa B activation by an NF-kappa B-inducing kinase-independent mechanism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;243:545-9 pubmed..A dominant negative mutant of NIK did not inhibit TAK1-induced NF-kappa B activation. These results suggest that TAK1 induces NF-kappa B activation through a novel NIK-independent signaling pathway. ..
- Kitajima K, Koshimizu U, Nakamura T. Expression of a novel type of classic cadherin, PB-cadherin in developing brain and limb buds. Dev Dyn. 1999;215:206-14 pubmed..These findings suggested the possibility that PB-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion has a functional role in pattern formation and morphogenesis of mouse embryonic brain and limb. Dev Dyn 1999;215:206-214. ..
- Tajima H, Tsuchiya K, Yamada M, Kondo K, Katsube N, Ishitani R. Over-expression of GAPDH induces apoptosis in COS-7 cells transfected with cloned GAPDH cDNAs. Neuroreport. 1999;10:2029-33 pubmed..Our results directly demonstrate that over-expressed GAPDH functions as a 'killing protein' in apoptosis. ..
- Misaki R, Kajiura H, Fujii K, Fujiyama K, Seki T. Cloning and characterization of cytidine monophosphate-3-deoxy-d-manno-octulosonate synthetase from Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biosci Bioeng. 2009;108:527-9 pubmed publisher..It showed a ubiquitous expression, the activity at an optimal pH of 8.0, and a requirement of Mg2+. ..
- Kakudo S, Kikuchi N, Kitadokoro K, Fujiwara T, Nakamura E, Okamoto H, et al. Purification, characterization, cloning, and expression of a glutamic acid-specific protease from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23782-8 pubmed..and Breddam, K. (1992) Eur. J. Biochem. 204, 165-171), being different from V8 protease and the Glu-specific protease of Streptomyces griseus which consist of 268 and 188 amino acids, respectively...
- Nagano T, Nakamura A, Mori Y, Maeda M, Takami T, Shiosaka S, et al. Differentially expressed olfactomedin-related glycoproteins (Pancortins) in the brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1998;53:13-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that each Pancortin is differentially regulated and may perform different functions in the brain. ..
- Ishimizu T, Hashimoto C, Takeda R, Fujii K, Hase S. A Novel alpha1,2-L-fucosidase acting on xyloglucan oligosaccharides is associated with endo-beta-mannosidase. J Biochem. 2007;142:721-9 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of this associated protein has no similarity to known plant alpha-L-fucosidases. These results show that EBM II is a novel alpha1,2-L-fucosidase and a protein complex containing endo-beta-mannosidase. ..
- Mukai T, Arai Y, Yatsuki H, Joh K, Hori K. An additional promoter functions in the human aldolase A gene, but not in rat. Eur J Biochem. 1991;195:781-7 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the L1 promoter was either acquired by the human genome or deleted from the rat genome after human and rat diverged during evolution. ..
- Adachi H, Tawaragi Y, Inuzuka C, Kubota I, Tsujimoto M, Nishihara T, et al. Primary structure of human microsomal dipeptidase deduced from molecular cloning. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:3992-5 pubmed..DNA and RNA blot analyses indicated the existence of a single gene and a substantial amount of 1.8-kilobase mRNA in kidney. ..
- Kaisho Y, Yoshimura K, Nakahama K. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a novel human neurotrophic factor. FEBS Lett. 1990;266:187-91 pubmed..A 1.5 kb of NGF-2 mRNA can be detected from an early development stage in rat brain, by Northern blotting analysis. ..
- Yamaoka T, Hatada I, Kitagawa K, Wang X, Mukai T. Cloning and mapping of the U2af1-rs2 gene with a high transmission distortion in interspecific backcross progeny. Genomics. 1995;27:337-40 pubmed
- Hatada I, Sugama T, Mukai T. A new imprinted gene cloned by a methylation-sensitive genome scanning method. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:5577-82 pubmed
- Saito Y, Ishii Y, Hayashi H, Imao Y, Akashi T, Yoshikawa K, et al. Cloning of genes coding for L-sorbose and L-sorbosone dehydrogenases from Gluconobacter oxydans and microbial production of 2-keto-L-gulonate, a precursor of L-ascorbic acid, in a recombinant G. oxydans strain. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1997;63:454-60 pubmed..coli tufB resulted in improving the production of 2-KLGA. Consequently, high-level production from D-sorbitol to 2-KLGA (130 mg/ml) was achieved by simple fermentation of the recombinant Gluconobacter...
- Inoue N, Ohishi K, Endo Y, Fujita T, Takeda J, Kinoshita T. Human and mouse GPAA1 (Glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor attachment 1) genes: genomic structures, chromosome loci and the presence of a minor class intron. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;84:199-205 pubmed..The mouse GPAA1 gene (Gpaa1) bearing AG at the 3' splice site prepared by site-directed mutagenesis was functional, indicating that any nucleotide is allowed at the 3' end of a minor class intron. ..
- Kawashima H, Takano H, Sugita S, Takahara Y, Sugimura K, Nakatani T. A novel steroid receptor co-activator protein (SRAP) as an alternative form of steroid receptor RNA-activator gene: expression in prostate cancer cells and enhancement of androgen receptor activity. Biochem J. 2003;369:163-71 pubmed
- Suenaga T, Arase H, Yamasaki S, Kohno M, Yokosuka T, Takeuchi A, et al. Cloning of B cell-specific membrane tetraspanning molecule BTS possessing B cell proliferation-inhibitory function. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:3197-207 pubmed..These results indicate that BTS plays a role in the regulation of cell division and B cell growth. ..
- Imai T, Fukudome K, Takagi S, Nagira M, Furuse M, Fukuhara N, et al. C33 antigen recognized by monoclonal antibodies inhibitory to human T cell leukemia virus type 1-induced syncytium formation is a member of a new family of transmembrane proteins including CD9, CD37, CD53, and CD63. J Immunol. 1992;149:2879-86 pubmed..PHA stimulation also induced the dramatic size changes in the N-linked sugars previously shown to accompany human T cell leukemia virus type 1-induced transformation of CD4+ T cells. ..
- Uwabe K, Gahara Y, Yamada H, Miyake T, Kitamura T. Identification and characterization of a novel gene (neurorep 1) expressed in nerve cells and up-regulated after axotomy. Neuroscience. 1997;80:501-9 pubmed..Neurorep 1 might play a significant role in the repair process of nerve tissues by its regulation of ecto-5'-nucleotidase activity. ..
- Sugita T, Aya H, Ueno M, Ishizuka T, Kawashima K. Characterization of molecularly cloned human 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase. J Biochem. 1997;122:309-13 pubmed..Mutational analysis, utilizing this expression system, showed that His213 and His267 were essential for AICAR transformylase activity. ..
- Encinas J, Kikuchi K, Chedotal A, de Castro F, Goodman C, Kimura T. Cloning, expression, and genetic mapping of Sema W, a member of the semaphorin family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2491-6 pubmed..This localization places Semaw within the locus for motor neuron degeneration 2, making it an attractive candidate gene for this disease. ..
- Shimada M, Okuzaki D, Tanaka S, Tougan T, Tamai K, Shimoda C, et al. Replication factor C3 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, a small subunit of replication factor C complex, plays a role in both replication and damage checkpoints. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3991-4003 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that rfc3(+) is required not only for DNA replication but also for replication and damage checkpoint controls, probably functioning as a checkpoint sensor. ..
- Yamanaka M, Koga M, Tanaka H, Nakamura Y, Ohta H, Yomogida K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of phosphatidylcholine transfer protein-like protein gene expressed in murine haploid germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:1694-1701 pubmed..The protein, having a molecular weight of approximately 40 000, was encoded by the mRNA and was detected at the tail of the elongated spermatids and sperm by immunohistochemical staining. ..
- Mori Y, Imaizumi K, Katayama T, Yoneda T, Tohyama M. Two cis-acting elements in the 3' untranslated region of alpha-CaMKII regulate its dendritic targeting. Nat Neurosci. 2000;3:1079-84 pubmed..This inhibition was removed in depolarized neurons, and such activity-dependent derepression was a primary requirement for their dendritic targeting. ..
- Shishioh N, Hong Y, Ohishi K, Ashida H, Maeda Y, Kinoshita T. GPI7 is the second partner of PIG-F and involved in modification of glycosylphosphatidylinositol. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9728-34 pubmed..Finally, we propose a mechanism for the regulation of GPI biosynthesis through competition between the two independent enzymes, PIG-O and hGPI7, for the common stabilizer, PIG-F. ..
- Mitsuda M, Iwasaki M, Asahi S. Cynomolgus monkey cytochrome P450 2C43: cDNA cloning, heterologous expression, purification and characterization. J Biochem. 2006;139:865-72 pubmed..Therefore, in terms of substrate specificity, our results indicate that CYP2C43 is similar to CYP2C19, rather than CYP2C9. ..
- Miura T, Nishinaka T, Terada T. Different functions between human monomeric carbonyl reductase 3 and carbonyl reductase 1. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;315:113-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that hCBR3 and hCBR1 play distinct physiological roles. This study expands our understanding of the relationship between the two monomeric hCBRs and prostaglandin metabolism. ..
- Kohri K, Suzuki Y, Yoshida K, Yamamoto K, Amasaki N, Yamate T, et al. Molecular cloning and sequencing of cDNA encoding urinary stone protein, which is identical to osteopontin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:859-64 pubmed..This result shows that osteopontin is presumably involved in stone formation as stone matrix. ..
- Higuchi M, Shimada M, Matsumoto J, Yamamoto Y, Rhaman A, Kamio Y. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the gene encoding the H2O2-forming NADH oxidase from Streptococcus mutans. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1994;58:1603-7 pubmed..6%, 20.8%, 20.3%, and 7.3% for those of Amphibacillus xylanus Ep01, Streptococcus faecalis 10C1, Thermoanaerobium brockii Rt8.G4, and Thermus thermophilus HB8, respectively. ..
- Saito A, Sinohara H. Rabbit plasma alpha-1-antiproteinase S-1: cloning, sequencing, expression, and proteinase inhibitory properties of recombinant protein. J Biochem. 1993;113:456-61 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Oritani K, Medina K, Tomiyama Y, Ishikawa J, Okajima Y, Ogawa M, et al. Limitin: An interferon-like cytokine that preferentially influences B-lymphocyte precursors. Nat Med. 2000;6:659-66 pubmed..However, preferential B-lineage growth inhibition and activation of Janus kinase 2 in a myelomonocytic leukemia line have not been described for previously known interferons. ..
- Uchida K, Tsuchida J, Tanaka H, Koga M, Nishina Y, Nozaki M, et al. Cloning and characterization of a complementary deoxyribonucleic acid encoding haploid-specific alanine-rich acidic protein located on chromosome-X. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:993-9 pubmed..The Halap-X may facilitate specific association of nuclear DNA with some basic chromosomal proteins and play important roles in the process of chromatin condensation. ..
- Fukui A, Inoue N, Matsumoto M, Nomura M, Yamada K, Matsuda Y, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of chicken toll-like receptors. A single chicken toll covers multiple molecular patterns. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47143-9 pubmed..In oviparous animals, the duplicated TLRs in the pattern-recognition system may function for host-pathogen discrimination in a manner that is distinct from that in mammals. ..
- Sun Wada G, Yoshimizu T, Imai Senga Y, Wada Y, Futai M. Diversity of mouse proton-translocating ATPase: presence of multiple isoforms of the C, d and G subunits. Gene. 2003;302:147-53 pubmed..Although the G3 and d2 did not rescue the vmaDelta phenotype, d1 and the two C isoforms functionally complemented the Deltavma6 and Deltavma5, respectively, indicating that they are bona fide subunits of V-ATPase. ..
- Hamaguchi T, Ito T, Inoue Y, Limpaseni T, Pongsawasdi P, Ito K. Purification, characterization and molecular cloning of a novel endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase from the basidiomycete, Flammulina velutipes. Glycobiology. 2010;20:420-32 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that Endo FV may become similar to Endo H in substrate specificity as a result of evolutionary convergence. ..
- Oikawa S, Inuzuka C, Kosaki G, Nakazato H. Exon-intron organization of a gene for pregnancy-specific beta 1-glycoprotein, a subfamily member of CEA family: implications for its characteristic repetitive domains and C-terminal sequences. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;156:68-77 pubmed..Furthermore, sequences which overlapped partly with Cexons, were found to be similar to parts of 3'-UTR of CEA and NCA, indicating further the close relationship of CEA/NCA and PS beta G subfamily genes. ..
- Yanaka N, Kotera J, Ohtsuka A, Akatsuka H, Imai Y, Michibata H, et al. Expression, structure and chromosomal localization of the human cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE5A gene. Eur J Biochem. 1998;255:391-9 pubmed..In particular, the evolutionary relatedness of these genes was suggested in the catalytic domain. Furthermore, chromosomal location of the PDE5A gene was defined as being chromosome 4q26 by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis. ..
- Yamaguchi A, Hori O, Stern D, Hartmann E, Ogawa S, Tohyama M. Stress-associated endoplasmic reticulum protein 1 (SERP1)/Ribosome-associated membrane protein 4 (RAMP4) stabilizes membrane proteins during stress and facilitates subsequent glycosylation. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1195-204 pubmed
- Iwao Koizumi K, Maekawa K, Nakamura Y, Saito S, Kawamoto S, Nakagawara A, et al. A novel technique for measuring variations in DNA copy-number: competitive genomic polymerase chain reaction. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:206 pubmed..CGP is a moderate throughput technique for analyzing changes in genomic copy numbers. Because CGP can measure any genomic locus using PCR primers, it is especially useful for detailed analysis of a genomic region of interest. ..
- Xu H, Firdawes S, Yamamoto A, Matsunami K, Ishimaru A, Kondo A, et al. Cloning and in vitro antiapoptotic effects of pig FLIPs. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:2779-81 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the antiapoptotic molecules, pig FLIPs, has the potential for use in protecting graft cells from human NK cells. ..
- Taketani S, Nakahashi Y, Osumi T, Tokunaga R. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and expression of mouse ferrochelatase. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:19377-80 pubmed..The band pattern of the RNA of the mouse liver was the same as that of the MEL cells. Based on these results, we deduce that ferrochelatase in erythroid and hepatic cells can be only of one type. ..
- Takeuchi T, Tanigawa Y, Minamide R, Ikenishi K, Komiya T. Analysis of SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling in primordial germ cell migration and survival or differentiation in Xenopus laevis. Mech Dev. 2010;127:146-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SDF-1/CXCR4 chemokine signaling is involved in the migration and survival or in the differentiation of PGCs in Xenopus. ..
- Suzuki Y, Sato N, Tohyama M, Wanaka A, Takagi T. cDNA cloning of a novel membrane glycoprotein that is expressed specifically in glial cells in the mouse brain. LIG-1, a protein with leucine-rich repeats and immunoglobulin-like domains. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22522-7 pubmed
- Suzuki H, Harada A, Hayashi Y, Wada K, Asaka J, Gotoh B, et al. Primary structure of the virus activating protease from chick embryo. Its identity with the blood clotting factor Xa. FEBS Lett. 1991;283:281-5 pubmed
- Yoshida H, Kojima T, Yamagishi J, Nakamura S. Quinolone-resistant mutations of the gyrA gene of Escherichia coli. Mol Gen Genet. 1988;211:1-7 pubmed..These mutations were situated in the relatively hydrophilic regions of the GyrA polypeptide and close to Tyr at amino acid 122 which has been shown to be the site covalently bound to DNA. ..
- Taketani S, Kohno H, Okuda M, Furukawa T, Tokunaga R. Induction of peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptors during differentiation of mouse erythroleukemia cells. A possible involvement of these receptors in heme biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7527-31 pubmed..These results suggest that PBR/IBP on PBR may be involved in porphyrin transport and may even be a critical factor in erythroid-specific induction of heme biosynthesis. ..
- Nakayama T, Yaoi T, Yasui M, Kuwajima G. N-copine: a novel two C2-domain-containing protein with neuronal activity-regulated expression. FEBS Lett. 1998;428:80-4 pubmed..We designated this protein N-copine (neuronal-copine). N-copine may have a role in synaptic plasticity. ..
- Izumi M, Fujiwara S, Takagi M, Kanaya S, Imanaka T. Isolation and characterization of a second subunit of molecular chaperonin from Pyrococcus kodakaraensis KOD1: analysis of an ATPase-deficient mutant enzyme. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:1801-5 pubmed..These results implied that both CpkA and CpkB could assist protein folding for nascent protein in E. coli without requiring energy from ATP hydrolysis...
- Uchida H, Kondo A, Yoshimura Y, Mazaki Y, Sabe H. PAG3/Papalpha/KIAA0400, a GTPase-activating protein for ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF), regulates ARF6 in Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis of macrophages. J Exp Med. 2001;193:955-66 pubmed..We propose that PAG3 acts as a GAP for ARF6 and is hence involved in FcgammaR-mediated phagocytosis in mouse macrophages. ..
- Tsuji S, Uehori J, Matsumoto M, Suzuki Y, Matsuhisa A, Toyoshima K, et al. Human intelectin is a novel soluble lectin that recognizes galactofuranose in carbohydrate chains of bacterial cell wall. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23456-63 pubmed..These results suggested that hIntL is a new type lectin recognizing galactofuranose, and that hIntL plays a role in the recognition of bacteria-specific components in the host. ..
- Hashizume T, Imaoka S, Mise M, Terauchi Y, Fujii T, Miyazaki H, et al. Involvement of CYP2J2 and CYP4F12 in the metabolism of ebastine in human intestinal microsomes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;300:298-304 pubmed..Thus, the present paper for the first time indicates that, in human intestinal microsomes, both CYP2J and CYP4F subfamilies not only metabolize endogenous substrates but also are involved in the drug metabolism. ..
- Kawai T, Suzuki Y, Eda S, Kase T, Ohtani K, Sakai Y, et al. Molecular cloning of mouse collectin liver 1. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66:2134-45 pubmed..The mouse CL-L1 gene, Cll1 was found on chromosome 15 in a region syntenic with human chromosome 8q. CL-L1 was a highly conserved protein in mammals, birds, and fish. ..
- Murakami Y, Siripanyapinyo U, Hong Y, Kang J, Ishihara S, Nakakuma H, et al. PIG-W is critical for inositol acylation but not for flipping of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchor. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4285-95 pubmed..The inositol acylation is not essential for the subsequent mannosylation, indicating that glucosaminyl phosphatidylinositol can flip from the cytoplasmic side to the luminal side of the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Kitamura K, Iguchi N, Kaneko Y, Tanaka H, Nishimune Y. Characterization of a novel postacrosomal perinuclear theca-specific protein, CYPT1. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1927-35 pubmed..CYPT1 and the proteins of the paralogous genes constitute a novel, basic cysteine-rich sperm protein family that may contribute to the function of the postacrosomal PT during nuclear shaping. ..
- Kohama K, Tsukamoto Y, Furuya M, Okamura K, Tanaka H, Miki N, et al. Molecular cloning and analysis of the mouse gicerin gene. Neurochem Int. 2005;46:465-70 pubmed..We found that a CRE site located at 60 bp upstream of gicerin gene was responsible for the increase of its mRNA induced by forskolin. ..
- Murakami Y, Siripanyaphinyo U, Hong Y, Tashima Y, Maeda Y, Kinoshita T. The initial enzyme for glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis requires PIG-Y, a seventh component. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5236-46 pubmed publisher..These two proteins are translated from one mRNA by leaky scanning of the PreY initiation site...
- Ono Y, Fujii T, Ogita K, Kikkawa U, Igarashi K, Nishizuka Y. The structure, expression, and properties of additional members of the protein kinase C family. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:6927-32 pubmed..Northern blot analysis suggests that the new members of protein kinase C exist in the brain and some other tissues. ..
- Kojima S, Mayumi Matsuda K, Suzuki H, Sakata T. Molecular cloning of rat GADD45gamma, gene induction and its role during neuronal cell death. FEBS Lett. 1999;446:313-7 pubmed..Overexpression of GADD45gamma in superior cervical ganglion neurons caused cell death. These results suggest that GADD45gamma plays an important role in neuronal cell death. ..
- Kaneshiro K, Miyauchi M, Tanigawa Y, Ikenishi K, Komiya T. The mRNA coding for Xenopus glutamate receptor interacting protein 2 (XGRIP2) is maternally transcribed, transported through the late pathway and localized to the germ plasm. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:902-6 pubmed..At stage 40, when the cells cease to migrate and reach the dorsal mesentery, the signal disappeared. A possible role of XGRIP2 in pPGCs of Xenopus will be discussed. ..
- Yamazaki W, Kumeda Y, Misawa N, Nakaguchi Y, Nishibuchi M. Development of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for sensitive and rapid detection of the tdh and trh genes of Vibrio parahaemolyticus and related Vibrio species. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:820-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a rapid and specific LAMP assay for detection and differentiation of the tdh, trh1, and trh2 genes of V. parahaemolyticus and related Vibrio species...
- Komada M, Kitamura N. Growth factor-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Hrs, a novel 115-kilodalton protein with a structurally conserved putative zinc finger domain. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6213-21 pubmed..These results suggest that Hrs plays a unique and important role in the signaling pathway of growth factors. ..
- Kohri K, Nomura S, Kitamura Y, Nagata T, Yoshioka K, Iguchi M, et al. Structure and expression of the mRNA encoding urinary stone protein (osteopontin). J Biol Chem. 1993;268:15180-4 pubmed..These results show that osteopontin in the kidney is presumably involved in urinary stone formation as the stone matrix. ..
- Takamatsu H, Hiraoka T, Kodama T, Koide H, Kozuka S, Tochikubo K, et al. Cloning of a novel gene yrbB, encoding a protein located in the spore integument of Bacillus subtilis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;166:361-7 pubmed..Immunoelectron microscopic observation indicated that YrbB, the product of orf2, was located within the spore integument, mainly in the cortex layer with a part in the inner region of the coat layer. ..
- Ishikawa Mochizuki I, Kitaura M, Baba M, Nakayama T, Izawa D, Imai T, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel CC chemokine, interleukin-11 receptor alpha-locus chemokine (ILC), which is located on chromosome 9p13 and a potential homologue of a CC chemokine encoded by molluscum contagiosum virus. FEBS Lett. 1999;460:544-8 pubmed..Furthermore, ILC is strongly and selectively expressed in the skin where infection of MCV also takes place. Thus, ILC is likely to be the original chemokine of MC148R. ..
- Miyauchi K, Masaki R, Taketani S, Yamamoto A, Akayama M, Tashiro Y. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and expression of cDNA for rat liver microsomal aldehyde dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:19536-42 pubmed..Several amino acid residues common to the other known ALDHs, however, were found to be conserved in msALDH. Based on these results, we proposed to classify msALDH as a new type, class 4 ALDH. ..
- Tawaragi Y, Fuchimura K, Nakazato H, Tanaka S, Minamino N, Kangawa K, et al. Gene and precursor structure of porcine C-type natriuretic peptide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;172:627-32 pubmed..The C-terminal cysteine codon of CNP-53 is directly followed by a termination codon, indicating that the C-terminus of porcine CNP is generated per se. ..
- Fukui K, Watanabe F, Shibata T, Miyake Y. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of cDNAs encoding porcine kidney D-amino acid oxidase. Biochemistry. 1987;26:3612-8 pubmed..The efficiency of 3' processing of the RNA was quite different between the two signal sequences ATTAAA and AACAAA. Southern blot analysis showed the presence of a unique gene for D-amino acid oxidase in the porcine genome. ..
- Ito H, Yoshida H, Bogaki Shonai M, Niga T, Hattori H, Nakamura S. Quinolone resistance mutations in the DNA gyrase gyrA and gyrB genes of Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1994;38:2014-23 pubmed..These results indicate that mutations in both gyrA and gyrB can be responsible for quinolone resistance in S. aureus. ..
- Emi M, Asaoka H, Matsumoto A, Itakura H, Kurihara Y, Wada Y, et al. Structure, organization, and chromosomal mapping of the human macrophage scavenger receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:2120-5 pubmed..Furthermore, the specific arrangement of exons played a role in determining the structural characteristics of functional domains. ..
- Kawano T, Takuwa K, Nakajima T. Structure and activity of a new form of the glutamate transporter of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1997;61:927-9 pubmed..The protein, when expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes, showed much higher glutamate transport activity than Ceglut-1, suggesting that the N-terminal sequence is critical in glutamate transport...
- Matsuo N, Ogawa S, Takagi T, Wanaka A, Mori T, Matsuyama T, et al. Cloning of a putative vesicle transport-related protein, RA410, from cultured rat astrocytes and its expression in ischemic rat brain. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16438-44 pubmed..These data provide insight into a new protein (RA410) that participates in the ischemia-related stress response in astrocytes. ..
- Mochizuki R, Ishizuka Y, Yanai K, Koga Y, Fukamizu A, Murakami K. Molecular cloning and expression of human neurochondrin-1 and -2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:397-402 pubmed..9 and 77.2 kDa, respectively. The deduced amino acid sequence indicates 98% identity among human, mouse and rat species. Northern analysis indicates that about 4 kb human neurochondrin mRNAs are abundant in the fetal and the adult brain. ..
- Idei A, Kawai E, Akatsuka H, Omori K. Cloning and characterization of the Pseudomonas fluorescens ATP-binding cassette exporter, HasDEF, for the heme acquisition protein HasA. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:7545-51 pubmed..fluorescens and S. marcescens sequences were produced and tested for secretion through the Has exporters. The C-terminal region of HasA was shown to be involved in the secretion specificity of the P. fluorescens Has exporter...
- Kawada N, Kristensen D, Asahina K, Nakatani K, Minamiyama Y, Seki S, et al. Characterization of a stellate cell activation-associated protein (STAP) with peroxidase activity found in rat hepatic stellate cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25318-23 pubmed..STAP could thus play a role as an antifibrotic scavenger of peroxides in the liver. ..