Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: middle aged
Publications1400 found, 100 shown here
- Okubo K, Nakashima M, Miyake N, Komatsubara M, Okuda M. Comparison of fluticasone furoate and fluticasone propionate for the treatment of Japanese cedar pollinosis. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2009;30:84-94 pubmed publisher..FFNS was well tolerated. Treatment with once-daily FFNS was effective and noninferior to twice-daily FPNS in reducing nasal symptoms. Faster onset of action for FFNS was observed. ..
- Shirakawa H, Ishida H, Shimizu T, Omoto K, Iida S, Toki D, et al. The low dose of rituximab in ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation without a splenectomy: a single-center experience. Clin Transplant. 2011;25:878-84 pubmed publisher..The patients in Group II showed excellent results similar to Group I. These results suggest that the low dose of rituximab (200 mg/body) is the sufficient dose in ABO-i kidney transplantation. ..
- Maeda S, Koya D, Araki S, Babazono T, Umezono T, Toyoda M, et al. Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms within genes encoding sirtuin families and diabetic nephropathy in Japanese subjects with type 2 diabetes. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2011;15:381-390 pubmed publisher..0028). These results indicate that SIRT1 may play a role in susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy in Japanese subjects with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Takao M, Miyamoto W, Matsui K, Sasahara J, Matsushita T. Functional treatment after surgical repair for acute lateral ligament disruption of the ankle in athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40:447-51 pubmed publisher..There have been several reports showing 20% to 40% failure after nonoperative functional treatment for acute lateral ligament disruption of the ankle...
- Baba H, Nakano Y, Maeshima H, Satomura E, Kita Y, Suzuki T, et al. Metabolism of amyloid-? protein may be affected in depression. J Clin Psychiatry. 2012;73:115-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that A? metabolism may be affected in depression; these findings also possibly answer the question of why even early-onset depression is a risk factor for developing Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Teramoto T, Shirai K, Daida H, Yamada N. Effects of bezafibrate on lipid and glucose metabolism in dyslipidemic patients with diabetes: the J-BENEFIT study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:29 pubmed publisher..We investigated glycemic control, relationship between lipid metabolism and HbA1c, and safety in diabetic patients treated with bezafibrate...
- Tsubokura M, Takita M, Matsumura T, Hara K, Tanimoto T, Kobayashi K, et al. Changes in metabolic profiles after the Great East Japan Earthquake: a retrospective observational study. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:267 pubmed publisher..A natural disaster could affect metabolic profiles, and careful follow-up for survivors should be planned. ..
- Odawara M, Miyagawa J, Iwamoto N, Takita Y, Imaoka T, Takamura T. Once-weekly glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist dulaglutide significantly decreases glycated haemoglobin compared with once-daily liraglutide in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes: 52â€‰weeks of treatment in a randomized phase III study. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2016;18:249-57 pubmed publisher..Monotherapy with once-weekly dulaglutide 0.75â€‰mg was effective and safe in Japanese patients with T2D, with better glycaemic control compared with once-daily liraglutide 0.9â€‰mg. ..
- Ebihara I, Nakamura T, Shimada N, Koide H. Increased plasma metalloproteinase-9 concentrations precede development of microalbuminuria in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Am J Kidney Dis. 1998;32:544-50 pubmed..01). However, serum MMP-1 and tissue inhibitor of MMP-1 showed no change during the study period. These data suggest that plasma MMP-9 concentrations preceded and may predict the development of microalbuminuria in NIDDM. ..
- Ochiai T, Morishima T, Hao T, Takayama A. Bullous amyloidosis: the mechanism of blister formation revealed by electron microscopy. J Cutan Pathol. 2001;28:407-11 pubmed..Trauma or rubbing of her hands and feet appears to act as the localized precipitating factor of blister formation in bullous amyloidosis. ..
- Oishi M, Mochizuki Y, Suzuki Y, Ogawa K, Naganuma T, Nishijo Y, et al. Current perception threshold and sympathetic skin response in diabetic and alcoholic polyneuropathies. Intern Med. 2002;41:819-22 pubmed..Correlation between current perception threshold and sympathetic skin response was investigated in patients with diabetic or alcoholic polyneuropathy...
- Ohtsuka T, Tanaka M, Nakajima J, Takamoto S. Videoscopic supradiaphragmatic thoracic duct division using ultrasonic coagulator. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2002;22:828-30 pubmed..No mortality, morbidity or recurrence occurred during follow-up periods of 27, 17 and 9 months. The Harmonic Scalpel with a hook blade can facilitate supradiaphragmatic exposure of the thoracic duct. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Shrivastav R, Andrews M, Niimi S. A comparison of voice quality ratings made by Japanese and American listeners using the GRBAS scale. Folia Phoniatr Logop. 2003;55:147-57 pubmed..Despite these discrepancies, the GRBAS scale may be an excellent tool for perceptual evaluation of voice quality by linguistically diverse groups. ..
- Shoji J, Kato H, Kitazawa M, Inada N, Sawa M. Evaluation of staphylococcal enterotoxin-specific IgE antibody in tears in allergic keratoconjunctival disorders. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2003;47:609-11 pubmed..Our data strongly suggested that staphylococcal enterotoxin may cause type I allergy, and may be an exacerbating factor for vernal keratoconjunctivitis and atopic keratoconjunctivitis. ..
- Ishikawa K, Funayama T, Ohtake Y, Tanino T, Kurosaka D, Suzuki K, et al. Novel MYOC gene mutation, Phe369Leu, in Japanese patients with primary open-angle glaucoma detected by denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography. J Glaucoma. 2004;13:466-71 pubmed..9% of our Japanese POAG patients. The use of pooled DNAs with DHPLC analysis is a time- and labor-saving technique. All mutations detected appear to be specific to Japanese patients. ..
- Tsukino H, Hanaoka T, Otani T, Iwasaki M, Kobayashi M, Hara M, et al. hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism, interaction with environmental exposures, and gastric cancer risk in Japanese populations. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:977-83 pubmed..The results of the present study suggest that patients with atrophic gastritis in conjunction with the hOGG1 Cys allele might have a higher susceptibility to gastric cancer. ..
- Waragai M, Wei J, Fujita M, Nakai M, Ho G, Masliah E, et al. Increased level of DJ-1 in the cerebrospinal fluids of sporadic Parkinson's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:967-72 pubmed..001 by ANOVA with post hoc Bonferroni's test), suggesting a protective role of DJ-1 against oxidative stress during the early stage. Thus, we propose that CSF DJ-1 could be a possible biomarker for early sporadic PD. ..
- Izumizaki M, Kakizaki F, Tanaka K, Homma I. Immediate effects of thixotropy conditioning of inspiratory muscles on chest-wall volume in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Care. 2006;51:750-7 pubmed..Thixotropy conditioning of inspiratory muscles, at a reduced chest-wall volume, decreased end-expiratory chest-wall volume in the 5 subsequent breaths in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. ..
- Kouno T, Ando M, Yonemori K, Matsumoto K, Shimizu C, Katsumata N, et al. Weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin against advanced transitional cell cancer after failure of a platinum-based regimen. Eur Urol. 2007;52:1115-22 pubmed..Toxicities were mild except one toxic death due to neutropenic sepsis. Weekly paclitaxel plus carboplatin was a manageable, active second-line treatment for advanced transitional cell cancer after failure of platinum-based therapy. ..
- Hirose Y, Chiba K, Karasugi T, Nakajima M, Kawaguchi Y, Mikami Y, et al. A functional polymorphism in THBS2 that affects alternative splicing and MMP binding is associated with lumbar-disc herniation. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;82:1122-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that regulation of intervertebral disc ECM metabolism by the THBS2-MMP system plays an essential role in the etiology and pathogenesis of LDH. ..
- Chin K, Baba S, Hosaka H, Ishiyama A, Mizunuma N, Shinozaki E, et al. Irinotecan plus cisplatin for therapy of small-cell carcinoma of the esophagus: report of 12 cases from single institution experience. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2008;38:426-31 pubmed publisher..The combination of CPT-11 and CDDP appears to be effective therapy of this disease with acceptable toxicity profile. We believe that this regimen is one of the options to be considered for treatment of esophageal small-cell carcinoma. ..
- Sakamaki H, Ishizawa K, Taniwaki M, Fujisawa S, Morishima Y, Tobinai K, et al. Phase 1/2 clinical study of dasatinib in Japanese patients with chronic myeloid leukemia or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:332-341 pubmed publisher..Dasatinib therapy resulted in high rates of hematologic and cytogenetic response, suggesting that dasatinib is promising as a new treatment for Japanese CML and Ph(+) ALL patients resistant or intolerant to imatinib. ..
- Tani S, Nagao K, Anazawa T, Kawamata H, Furuya S, Takahashi H, et al. Relation of change in apolipoprotein B/apolipoprotein A-I ratio to coronary plaque regression after Pravastatin treatment in patients with coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 2010;105:144-8 pubmed publisher..0023). In conclusion, our results have indicated that the decrease in the apoB/apoA-I ratio is a simple predictor for coronary atherosclerotic regression: the lower the apoB/apoA-I ratio, the lower the risk of coronary atherosclerosis. ..
- Nakauchi Y, Takase H, Sugita S, Mochizuki M, Shibata S, Ishiwata Y, et al. Concurrent administration of intravenous systemic and intravitreal methotrexate for intraocular lymphoma with central nervous system involvement. Int J Hematol. 2010;92:179-85 pubmed publisher..Grade 3 adverse event, leukocytopenia, was observed in only 1 patient. No grade 4 event was observed. Although further evaluation is required, concurrent sMTX and vMTX may be effective for IOL with CNS involvement. ..
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Hirakawa M, Kawamura Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, et al. Amino acid substitution in HCV core region and genetic variation near the IL28B gene affect viral dynamics during telaprevir, peginterferon and ribavirin treatment. Intervirology. 2012;55:417-25 pubmed publisher..This study identified genetic variation near IL28B gene and aa substitution of the core region as predictors of viral dynamics during triple therapy. ..
- Takayama T, Ebinuma H, Tada S, Yamagishi Y, Wakabayashi K, Ojiro K, et al. Prediction of effect of pegylated interferon alpha-2b plus ribavirin combination therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27223 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ANN was more accurate than MLRs in predicting the outcome of PEGIFN plus RBV therapy in patients with group 1b HCV. ..
- Tamai N, Matsuda K, Sumiyama K, Yoshida Y, Tajiri H. Glucagon facilitates colonoscopy and reduces patient discomfort: a randomized double-blind controlled trial with salivary amylase stress analysis. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;25:575-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that intravenous administration of glucagon can reduce patient discomfort and improve scope intubation during screening colonoscopy. ..
- Tanuma J, Sano K, Teruya K, Watanabe K, Aoki T, Honda H, et al. Pharmacokinetics of rifabutin in Japanese HIV-infected patients with or without antiretroviral therapy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70611 pubmed publisher..The results highlight the importance of monitoring rifabutin plasma concentration during ART. UMIN-CTR (https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr/ctr.cgi?function=search&action=input&language=E) UMIN000001102. ..
- Iwamoto S, Takahashi T, Tamagawa H, Nakamura M, Munemoto Y, Kato T, et al. FOLFIRI plus bevacizumab as second-line therapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer after first-line bevacizumab plus oxaliplatin-based therapy: the randomized phase III EAGLE study. Ann Oncol. 2015;26:1427-33 pubmed publisher..If bevacizumab is continued after first-line therapy in mCRC, a dose of 5 mg/kg is appropriate for use as second-line treatment. UMIN000002557. ..
- Kawamura Y, Arase Y, Ikeda K, Akuta N, Kobayashi M, Saitoh S, et al. Effects of Alcohol Consumption on Hepatocarcinogenesis in Japanese Patients With Fatty Liver Disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:597-605 pubmed publisher..61 (95% CI, 5.68-28.00; P < .001). Based on a multicenter, retrospective analysis of almost 10,000 patients with FLD, ethanol consumption â‰¥40 g/day is an independent risk factor for HCC. ..
- Sezai A, Osaka S, Yaoita H, Arimoto M, Hata H, Shiono M, et al. Changeover Trial of Azilsartan and Olmesartan Comparing Effects on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System in Patients with Essential Hypertension after Cardiac Surgery (CHAOS Study). Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;22:161-7 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, it may be effective in patients with increased renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system activity after cardiac surgery or patients with severe cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Futagawa Y, Takano Y, Furukawa K, Kanehira M, Onda S, Sakamoto T, et al. Comparison of Outcomes with Hand-sewn Versus Stapler Closure of Pancreatic Stump in Distal Pancreatectomy. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2515-2521 pubmed..03). When indicating stapler closure, caution should be exercised for pancreatic consistency and thickness, device and cartridge type, and pancreatic duct ligation to more effectively control POPF rates. ..
- Naruke T, Tsuchiya R, Kondo H, Asamura H. Prognosis and survival after resection for bronchogenic carcinoma based on the 1997 TNM-staging classification: the Japanese experience. Ann Thorac Surg. 2001;71:1759-64 pubmed..A new TNM staging system was proposed, and the previous system was revised in 1997...
- Katsube T, Ogawa K, Hamaguchi K, Murayama M, Konnno S, Shimakawa T, et al. Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori in the residual stomach after gastrectomy for gastric cancer. Hepatogastroenterology. 2002;49:128-32 pubmed
- Saito K, Yokoyama T, Yoshiike N, Date C, Yamamoto A, Muramatsu M, et al. Do the ethanol metabolizing enzymes modify the relationship between alcohol consumption and blood pressure?. J Hypertens. 2003;21:1097-105 pubmed..The alcohol-BP relationship was significantly stronger in men with ADH21/21 than in men with ADH21/22 or 22/22 in this Japanese rural population. This finding was exactly the opposite of what one previous study suggested. ..
- Tsuchida A, Kasuya K, Endo M, Saito H, Inoue K, Nagae I, et al. High risk of bile duct carcinogenesis after primary resection of a congenital biliary dilatation. Oncol Rep. 2003;10:1183-7 pubmed
- Aota Y, Sumi M, Iguchi T, Okabe S, Gotoh A, Ohyashiki K. Type I CD36 deficiency in hematologic disorder. Haematologica. 2004;89:EIM17 pubmed
- Otsubo T, Akimoto Y, Yamada H, Koda R, Aoyama H, Tanaka K, et al. A comparative study of the efficacy and safety profiles between fluvoxamine and nortriptyline in Japanese patients with major depression. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2005;38:30-5 pubmed..The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety profiles between fluvoxamine and nortriptyline in Japanese patients with major depression...
- Suzuki S, Shimoda M, Kawamura M, Sato H, Nogawa S, Tanaka K, et al. Myasthenia gravis accompanied by alopecia areata: clinical and immunogenetic aspects. Eur J Neurol. 2005;12:566-70 pubmed..In conclusion, a subset of MG patients who have severe neuromuscular symptoms and thymoma develop AA several years after thymectomy. ..
- Watanabe M, Yoshida R, Ueoka K, Aoki K, Sasagawa I, Hasegawa T, et al. Haplotype analysis of the estrogen receptor 1 gene in male genital and reproductive abnormalities. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:1279-84 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that homozygosity for the specific ESR1 'AGATA' haplotype may increase the susceptibility to the development of male genital abnormalities in response to estrogenic EEDs. ..
- Minematsu N, Nakamura H, Furuuchi M, Nakajima T, Takahashi S, Tsujimura S, et al. Common functional polymorphisms in the cathepsin S promoter in Japanese subjects: possible contribution to pulmonary emphysema. Respirology. 2008;13:498-504 pubmed publisher..Novel functional polymorphisms were identified in the cathepsin S gene, which has a possible association with pulmonary emphysema in the Japanese population. ..
- Niki Y, Mochizuki T, Momohara S, Saito S, Toyama Y, Matsumoto H. Is minimally invasive surgery in total knee arthroplasty really minimally invasive surgery?. J Arthroplasty. 2009;24:499-504 pubmed publisher..Consequently, degree of muscle damage was equivalent between MIS-TKA and conventional TKA, whereas types of vastus-splitting approach appeared closely related to muscle damage. ..
- Nishimura T, Hasegawa N, Watanabe M, Takebayashi T, Tasaka S, Ishizaka A. Bronchoscopic microsampling to analyze the epithelial lining fluid of patients with pulmonary Mycobacterium avium complex disease. Respiration. 2008;76:338-43 pubmed publisher..While the number of immunocompetent patients with pulmonary Mycobacterium avium complex(MAC) disease is growing, the precise pathogenesis of the disease remains to be clarified...
- Hosoya K, Yamashita S, Ando T, Nakajima T, Itoh F, Ushijima T. Adenomatous polyposis coli 1A is likely to be methylated as a passenger in human gastric carcinogenesis. Cancer Lett. 2009;285:182-9 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly indicated that methylation of APC promoter 1A is a passenger, and suggested that marked down-regulation of 1B expression could be related to formation of a field predisposed to gastric cancers. ..
- Iijima M, Osawa M, Momose M, Kobayakawa T, Saito S, Iwata M, et al. Cardiac sympathetic degeneration correlates with olfactory function in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2010;25:1143-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the cardiac sympathetic nervous system might degenerate in parallel with the olfactory system in patients with early PD, and that these two systems might degenerate at a different rate of speed in advanced PD. ..
- Goto T, Maeshima A, Oyamada Y, Kato R. Definitive diagnosis of multiple myeloma from rib specimens resected at thoracotomy in a patient with lung cancer. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010;10:1051-3 pubmed publisher..Pathological examination of the ribs revealed IgG-lambda myeloma. Herein, we report a patient with lung cancer in whom multiple myeloma was definitively diagnosed from rib specimens resected at thoracotomy. ..
- Takahashi Y, Suzuki M, Fukusato T. Plexiform angiomyxoid myofibroblastic tumor of the stomach. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:2835-40 pubmed..Some authors proposed that this tumor should be designated as "plexiform fibromyxoma", but this designation might cause confusion. The tumor is probably benign and thus far, neither recurrence nor metastasis has been reported. ..
- Shinohara Y, Katayama Y, Uchiyama S, Yamaguchi T, Handa S, Matsuoka K, et al. Cilostazol for prevention of secondary stroke (CSPS 2): an aspirin-controlled, double-blind, randomised non-inferiority trial. Lancet Neurol. 2010;9:959-68 pubmed publisher..Therefore, cilostazol could be used for prevention of stroke in patients with non-cardioembolic stroke. Otsuka Pharmaceutical. ..
- Namikawa K, Yamazaki N. Sentinel lymph node biopsy guided by indocyanine green fluorescence for cutaneous melanoma. Eur J Dermatol. 2011;21:184-90 pubmed publisher..Because it is difficult to detect anatomically deep SLNs and residual SLNs after SLN biopsy using the fluorescence method alone, the combined use with other identification methods is advisable. ..
- Yoshida A, Tsuta K, Nakamura H, Kohno T, Takahashi F, Asamura H, et al. Comprehensive histologic analysis of ALK-rearranged lung carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:1226-34 pubmed publisher..ALK-positive cancers commonly showed coexpression of thyroid transcription factor-1 and p63, and its significance is currently unclear. ..
- Ichinose J, Nakahara K, Kina S, Miyanaga S. A case of sclerosing hemangioma forming a pedunculated mass. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;17:408-10 pubmed..By thoracoscopic surgery, we successfully diagnosed and treated the patient in a minimally invasive manner. Since there have been reported cases of recurrence, we anticipate that periodic follow-up observations will be required. ..
- Qian Y, Takao H, Umezu M, Murayama Y. Risk analysis of unruptured aneurysms using computational fluid dynamics technology: preliminary results. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2011;32:1948-55 pubmed publisher..On the contrary, the flow inside stable-IAs passed smoothly through the aneurysms. These preliminary results indicated that EL may be a useful parameter for the quantitative estimation of the risks of rupture for IAs. ..
- Yamamoto S, Fuchi M, Yasui T. Change of rocker function in the gait of stroke patients using an ankle foot orthosis with an oil damper: immediate changes and the short-term effects. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2011;35:350-9 pubmed publisher..An ankle foot orthosis (AFO) using an oil damper (AFO-OD) to assist the first rocker during gait was previously developed but the effect on the other rocker functions has not been clarified...
- Takayama T, Hiro T, Yamagishi M, Daida H, Hirayama A, Saito S, et al. Effect of rosuvastatin on coronary atheroma in stable coronary artery disease: multicenter coronary atherosclerosis study measuring effects of rosuvastatin using intravascular ultrasound in Japanese subjects (COSMOS). Circ J. 2009;73:2110-7 pubmed..Rosuvastatin might be useful in the setting of secondary prevention in patients with stable CAD. ..
- Takizawa Y, Akiyama M, Nagashima M, Shimizu H. A novel asparagine-->aspartic acid mutation in the rod 1A domain in keratin 2e in a Japanese family with ichthyosis bullosa of Siemens. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:193-5 pubmed..Our data indicate aspartic acid substitution in codon 192 in the 1A helix initiation site is deleterious to keratin filament network integrity and leads to ichthyosis bullosa of Siemens phenotype. ..
- Sato N, Katsumata N, Kagami M, Hasegawa T, Hori N, Kawakita S, et al. Clinical assessment and mutation analysis of Kallmann syndrome 1 (KAL1) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1, or KAL2) in five families and 18 sporadic patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1079-88 pubmed
- Kamisawa T, Yoshiike M, Egawa N, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A, Matsukawa M. Classification of choledochocele. Hepatogastroenterology. 2005;52:29-32 pubmed..This classification of choledochocele is useful for analysis of pathophysiology and determination of therapeutic strategy. ..
- Iino Y, Kakizaki K, Saruya S, Katano H, Komiya T, Kodera K, et al. Eustachian tube function in patients with eosinophilic otitis media associated with bronchial asthma evaluated by sonotubometry. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;132:1109-14 pubmed..One of the most important causes of otitis media (OM) is eustachian tube dysfunction...
- Hayashi T, Hirano T, Taira T, Tokuno A, Mori Y, Koba S, et al. Remarkable increase of apolipoprotein B48 level in diabetic patients with end-stage renal disease. Atherosclerosis. 2008;197:154-8 pubmed..The remarkably high level of apoB48 in diabetic ESRD seems to be attributable to dyslipidemia induced by both diabetic nephropathy and ESRD. ..
- Omata M, Yoshida H, Toyota J, Tomita E, Nishiguchi S, Hayashi N, et al. A large-scale, multicentre, double-blind trial of ursodeoxycholic acid in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Gut. 2007;56:1747-53 pubmed..A 600 mg/day UDCA dose was optimal to decrease ALT and AST levels in CH-C patients. The 900 mg/day dose decreased GGT levels further, and may be preferable in patients with prevailing biliary injuries. ..
- Kobayashi M, Otani T, Iwasaki M, Natsukawa S, Shaura K, Koizumi Y, et al. Association between dietary heterocyclic amine levels, genetic polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 and risk of colorectal cancer: a hospital-based case-control study in Japan. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:952-9 pubmed publisher..In the present study in subjects with low HCA exposure and with a limited sample size, no association was found between HCA intake and colorectal cancer, or any evidence of influence by genetic polymorphisms of NAT2, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2. ..
- Wakakura M, Fujie W, Emoto Y. Initial temporal field defect in Leber hereditary optic neuropathy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2009;53:603-607 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the most susceptible cells during the early stages of LHON are the retinal ganglion cells located in the corresponding region of the retina. ..
- Ito H, Hagiwara M, Furuuchi T, Kanai K, Kodaira K, Ninomiya A, et al. [A case of double cancer involving the urachus and the bladder]. Hinyokika Kiyo. 2010;56:41-3 pubmed..Under a diagnosis of double cancer, adenocarcinoma of the urachus and urothelial carcinoma of bladder, we performed a total cystectomy, neobladder and total resection of the urachus...
- Kato H, Nakajima M, Ohnaka Y, Ishihara K, Kawamura M. Recurrent abducens nerve palsy associated with neurovascular compression. J Neurol Sci. 2010;295:135-6 pubmed publisher..Together with a lack of the preceding headache or febrile illness, we propose that neurovascular compression is a possible etiology of recurrent, isolated abducens nerve palsy. ..
- Ohno Y, Nakashima J, Ohori M, Hatano T, Tachibana M. Pretreatment neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as an independent predictor of recurrence in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinoma. J Urol. 2010;184:873-8 pubmed publisher..The combination of T stage and the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio can be used to stratify recurrence risk in patients with nonmetastatic renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Hiraoka N, Yamazaki Itoh R, Ino Y, Mizuguchi Y, Yamada T, Hirohashi S, et al. CXCL17 and ICAM2 are associated with a potential anti-tumor immune response in early intraepithelial stages of human pancreatic carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:310-21 pubmed publisher..Immune surveillance occurs during the early intraepithelial stages of human pancreatic carcinogenesis and is mediated by expression of CXCL17 and ICAM2. ..
- Tanaka A, Invernizzi P, Ohira H, Kikuchi K, Nezu S, Kosoy R, et al. Replicated association of 17q12-21 with susceptibility of primary biliary cirrhosis in a Japanese cohort. Tissue Antigens. 2011;78:65-8 pubmed publisher..0024, P(c) = 0.017) after correction for multiple comparisons. Thus, these results indicate a haplotype on 17q12-21 with a similar association in Japanese and European PBC. ..
- Suzuki S, Utsugisawa K, Iwasa K, Satoh T, Nagane Y, Yoshikawa H, et al. Autoimmunity to endoplasmic reticulum chaperone GRP94 in myasthenia gravis. J Neuroimmunol. 2011;237:87-92 pubmed publisher..001). Autoimmunity to ER chaperone GRP94 is associated with a subset of MG patients who have additional autoimmune diseases. ..
- Hosomi Y, Shibuya M, Niho S, Ichinose Y, Kiura K, Sakai H, et al. Phase II study of topotecan with cisplatin in Japanese patients with small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:3449-56 pubmed..The median survival time was 17.5 months and the 1 year survival rate was 79%. Combination of Tp and CDDP on day 5 with G-CSF support is safe and effective for previously untreated ED-SCLC Japanese patients. ..
- Nakajima T, Yoshida H, Okamoto N, Nagashima K, Taniguchi H, Yamada Y, et al. Nucleostemin and TWIST as predictive markers for recurrence after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for esophageal carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:233-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations imply nucleostemin and TWIST as the predictive markers for postoperative recurrence. ..
- Asakura Y, Nishimura N, Maezawa K, Terajima T, Kizu J, Chohnabayashi N. Effect of switching tiotropium HandiHaler® to Respimat® Soft Mist™ Inhaler in patients with COPD: the difference of adverse events and usability between inhaler devices. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2013;26:41-5 pubmed publisher..There was no major problem in switching from tiotropium HandiHaler to Respimat. Respimat and HandiHaler showed similar effects and usability. However, we should be aware of cough just after inhalation with Respimat. ..
- Watanabe R, Hashimoto H. Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986-2007. Soc Sci Med. 2012;75:1372-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the achievement of horizontal equity through universal coverage should be regarded as an ongoing project that requires continuous redesign of contribution and benefit in the nation's healthcare system. ..
- Ishii S, Cauley J, Greendale G, Crandall C, Danielson M, Ouchi Y, et al. C-reactive protein, bone strength, and nine-year fracture risk: data from the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN). J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:1688-98 pubmed publisher..Unlike BMD, composite strength indices are inversely related to CRP levels, and partially explain the increased fracture risk associated with inflammation. ..
- Pal S, Sakamoto K, Aragaki T, Akashi T, Yamaguchi A. The expression profiles of acidic epithelial keratins in ameloblastoma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013;115:523-31 pubmed publisher..K15 expression pattern represented various types of differentiation for tumor nests mimicking tooth germ and oral epithelium. The results clarify the homogeneity and heterogeneity of ameloblastoma cell lineage and differentiation. ..
- Sasahara M, Matsui A, Ichimura Y, Hirakata Y, Murata Y, Marui E. Overexpression of androgen receptor and forkhead-box A1 protein in apocrine breast carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:1261-7 pubmed..The growth stimulus through the androgen receptor (AR) can be a candidate for targeted treatment. Therefore, we examined the factors related to AR transcription...
- Muta H, Noguchi M, Kanai Y, Ochiai A, Nawata H, Hirohashi S. E-cadherin gene mutations in signet ring cell carcinoma of the stomach. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1996;87:843-8 pubmed
- Hatta Y, Tsuchiya N, Matsushita M, Shiota M, Hagiwara K, Tokunaga K. Identification of the gene variations in human CD22. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:280-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that a number of genetic variants are present in CD22, and suggest that CD22 could be considered a candidate for the susceptibility genes to autoimmune diseases. ..
- Miyazawa J, Mitoro A, Kawashiri S, Chada K, Imai K. Expression of mesenchyme-specific gene HMGA2 in squamous cell carcinomas of the oral cavity. Cancer Res. 2004;64:2024-9 pubmed..01). These results suggest that HMGA2 contributes to the aggressiveness of carcinoma and that detection of HMGA2 expression is a useful predictive and prognostic tool in clinical management of oral carcinomas. ..
- Uchida T, Wada H, Mizutani M, Iwashita M, Ishihara H, Shibano T, et al. Identification of novel mutations in ADAMTS13 in an adult patient with congenital thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2004;104:2081-3 pubmed..In vitro expression studies revealed that the A250V mutation markedly reduced ADAMTS13 activity and the intron 3 G-->A mutation caused abnormal mRNA synthesis. ..
- Nakashima M, Ohike N, Nagasaki K, Adachi M, Morohoshi T. Prognostic significance of the maspin tumor suppressor gene in pulmonary adenocarcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2004;130:475-9 pubmed..A better understanding of the role of maspin in tumor suppression may be helpful for development of novel chemotherapies for patients with this deadly tumor. ..
- Kawamura M, Izumi Y, Tsukada N, Asakura K, Sugiura H, Yashiro H, et al. Percutaneous cryoablation of small pulmonary malignant tumors under computed tomographic guidance with local anesthesia for nonsurgical candidates. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006;131:1007-13 pubmed..One-year survival according to the Kaplan-Meier method was 89.4%. Percutaneous cryoablation therapy for metastatic lung tumors is feasible and minimally invasive, with satisfactory local control. ..
- Sakurai H, Kaji M, Yamazaki K, Suemasu K. Intrathoracic lipomas: their clinicopathological behaviors are not as straightforward as expected. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;86:261-5 pubmed publisher..We think that surgical resection of the tumor, rather than conservative management by close observation alone, is a safer treatment. ..
- Terashi H, Hashimoto S, Uchiyama S. [Beta2-glycoprotein I polymorphism]. Brain Nerve. 2008;60:1333-8 pubmed..The results suggested that V247 beta2-GPI allele is one of the genetic risk factors for the development of cerebral infarction through platelet activation. ..
- Higashi S, Moore D, Yamamoto R, Minegishi M, Sato K, Togo T, et al. Abnormal localization of leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 to the endosomal-lysosomal compartment in lewy body disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:994-1005 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LRRK2 normally localizes to the endosomal-lysosomal compartment within morphologically altered neurons in neurodegenerative diseases, particularly in the brains of patients with LB diseases. ..
- Mizutani E, Morita R, Hanaoka S, Okochi Y, Tokuda H, Kitamura S. Pleuropulmonary paragonimiasis with intrathoracic mass. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;16:436-8 pubmed..The postoperative pathological examination reported that the intrathoracic mass was a lesion that contained necrotic tissue enveloped with a fibrin capsule, which was thought to be formed by paragonimus...
- Inaguma D, Ando R, Ikeda M, Joki N, Koiwa F, Komatsu Y, et al. Nephrologist care for 12 months or more increases hemodialysis initiation with permanent vascular access. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2011;15:738-744 pubmed publisher..509; P = 0.023). Early referral was shown to be advantageous for increasing the likelihood of availability of a permanent VA, even after patients who had been followed up for less than 3 months by nephrologists were excluded. ..
- Ohno Y, Nakashima J, Ohori M, Hashimoto T, Iseki R, Hatano T, et al. Impact of tumor size on renal function and prediction of renal insufficiency after radical nephrectomy in patients with renal cell carcinoma. J Urol. 2011;186:1242-6 pubmed publisher..Partial nephrectomy might be considered an option according to the risk of postoperative renal insufficiency, especially in elderly patients with a tumor of 7 cm or less. ..