Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Shimane, Japan
Locale: Shimane, Japan
Topic: middle aged
- Adachi K, Hashimoto T, Hamamoto N, Hirakawa K, Niigaki M, Miyake T, et al. Symptom relief in patients with reflux esophagitis: comparative study of omeprazole, lansoprazole, and rabeprazole. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003;18:1392-8 pubmed..Rabeprazole may be more effective than omeprazole and lansoprazole for the rapid relief of heartburn symptoms in patients with reflux esophagitis. ..
- Fujisawa T, Adachi K, Komazawa Y, Mihara T, Azumi T, Katsube T, et al. Helicobacter pylori infection prevents the occurrence of the tolerance phenomenon of histamine H2 receptor antagonists. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004;20:559-65 pubmed..pylori negative subjects, which has been previously reported. This study demonstrated that H. pylori infection affects the tolerance phenomenon during continuous administration of H2RAs. ..
- Yamauchi M, Yamaguchi T, Nawata K, Takaoka S, Sugimoto T. Relationships between undercarboxylated osteocalcin and vitamin K intakes, bone turnover, and bone mineral density in healthy women. Clin Nutr. 2010;29:761-5 pubmed publisher..Dietary vitamin K intakes influence serum levels of ucOC in healthy women. Furthermore, ucOC may be linked to bone biochemical markers. ..
- Komatsu Fujii T, Kaneko S, Chinuki Y, Suyama Y, Ohta M, Niihara H, et al. Serum TARC levels are strongly correlated with blood eosinophil count in patients with drug eruptions. Allergol Int. 2017;66:116-122 pubmed publisher..Serum TARC measurements also have potent diagnostic value for DIHS, with high sensitivity and specificity. ..
- Fujishiro H, Adachi K, Imaoka T, Hashimoto T, Kohge N, Moriyama N, et al. Ulinastatin shows preventive effect on post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis in a multicenter prospective randomized study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:1065-9 pubmed..The administration of low- and high-dose ulinastatin has similar effects to high-dose gabexate in the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis. ..
- Takao M, Uchio Y, Kakimaru H, Kumahashi N, Ochi M. Arthroscopic drilling with debridement of remaining cartilage for osteochondral lesions of the talar dome in unstable ankles. Am J Sports Med. 2004;32:332-6 pubmed..0001). The study shows that in the treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talar dome, the removing of the remaining degenerative cartilage may be of some benefit in the treatment of these lesions. ..
- Luchini C, Veronese N, Solmi M, Cho H, Kim J, Chou A, et al. Prognostic role and implications of mutation status of tumor suppressor gene ARID1A in cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Oncotarget. 2015;6:39088-97 pubmed publisher..For its role, this gene should be considered as an important potential target for personalized medicine in cancer treatment. ..
- Maruyama S, Hirayama C, Yamamoto S, Koda M, Udagawa A, Kadowaki Y, et al. Red blood cell status in alcoholic and non-alcoholic liver disease. J Lab Clin Med. 2001;138:332-7 pubmed..This suggests that macrocytic anemia was a common feature of alcoholic and non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis and that alcohol abuse and folic acid deficiency play a secondary role in macrocytosis. ..
- Adachi K, Fujishiro H, Katsube T, Yuki M, Ono M, Kawamura A, et al. Predominant nocturnal acid reflux in patients with Los Angeles grade C and D reflux esophagitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001;16:1191-6 pubmed..Thus, the existence of NAB with resulting nocturnal acid reflux should be considered when the patient with high-grade esophagitis shows resistance to PPI treatment. ..
- Notsu M, Kanazawa I, Tanaka S, Yamaguchi T, Sugimoto T. Serum dipeptidyl peptidase-4 is associated with multiple vertebral fractures in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2016;84:332-7 pubmed publisher..We firstly showed that high level of serum DPP-4 is associated with prevalent multiple VFs independently of BMD and bone formation in men with T2DM. ..
- Watanabe M, Noma H, Kurai J, Sano H, Mikami M, Yamamoto H, et al. Effect of Asian dust on pulmonary function in adult asthma patients in western Japan: A panel study. Allergol Int. 2016;65:147-152 pubmed publisher..Change in PEF after a heavy AD day wasÂ -0.97Â L/min (-1.90 toÂ -0.04). Heavy exposure to AD particles was significantly associated with decreased pulmonary function in adult asthma patients. ..
- Takahashi N, Ishibashi Y, Murakami Y, Shimizu H, Ohta Y, Asanuma T, et al. Beneficial effect of combination therapy with ozagrel and pranlukast in exercise-induced asthma demonstrated by krypton-81 m ventilation scintigraphy--a case report. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2000;29:766-9 pubmed..We evaluated the effect of combination therapy with thromboxane A2 synthesis inhibitor and leukotriene receptor antagonist in a patient with exercise-induced asthma using krypton-81 m ventilation scintigraphy...
- Rahman M, Nakayama K, Ishikawa M, Rahman M, Katagiri H, Katagiri A, et al. NAC1, a BTB/POZ protein overexpressed in uterine sarcomas. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:3841-5 pubmed..Therefore, detection of NAC1 overexpression in uterine sarcomas may identify patients who will benefit from NAC1-targeted therapy. ..
- Shigematsu T, Muraoka R, Sugimoto T, Nishizawa Y. Risedronate therapy in patients with mild-to-moderate chronic kidney disease with osteoporosis: post-hoc analysis of data from the risedronate phase III clinical trials. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:66 pubmed publisher..The risedronate therapy showed similar clinical effects in CKD patients with osteoporosis compared to those without CKD. ..
- Morita E, Chinuki Y, Takahashi H, Nabika T, Yamasaki M, Shiwaku K. Prevalence of wheat allergy in Japanese adults. Allergol Int. 2012;61:101-5 pubmed publisher..Wheat is one of the most common causes of food allergies. The exact prevalence of wheat allergy has not been well delineated in Japanese adults...
- Yeasmin S, Nakayama K, Rahman M, Rahman M, Ishikawa M, Katagiri A, et al. Biological and clinical significance of NAC1 expression in cervical carcinomas: a comparative study between squamous cell carcinomas and adenocarcinomas/adenosquamous carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2012;43:506-19 pubmed publisher..Therefore, cervical carcinoma patients with NAC1 expression may benefit from a targeted therapy irrespective of histologic type. ..
- Chinuki Y, Ishiwata K, Yamaji K, Takahashi H, Morita E. Haemaphysalis longicornis tick bites are a possible cause of red meat allergy in Japan. Allergy. 2016;71:421-5 pubmed publisher..These results further indicate that the Î±-Gal epitope is present not only in Amblyomma or Ixodes, but also in Haemaphysalis. ..
- Kumahashi N, Naitou K, Nishi H, Oae K, Watanabe Y, Kuwata S, et al. Correlation of changes in pain intensity with synovial fluid adenosine triphosphate levels after treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee with high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid. Knee. 2011;18:160-4 pubmed publisher..0001, p < 0.0001) We demonstrated an association between SF ATP level changes and OA knee pain, which should facilitate a further understanding of OA pain mechanisms...
- Yamaguchi T, Kanazawa I, Yamamoto M, Kurioka S, Yamauchi M, Yano S, et al. Associations between components of the metabolic syndrome versus bone mineral density and vertebral fractures in patients with type 2 diabetes. Bone. 2009;45:174-9 pubmed publisher..Visceral fat in men and hyperinsulinemia in women may protect against VFs independent of weight, L-BMD, diabetes duration, or therapies. ..
- Ishibashi Y, Takahashi N, Tokumaru A, Karino K, Sugamori T, Sakane T, et al. Effects of long-term nicorandil administration on endothelial function, inflammation, and oxidative stress in patients without coronary artery disease. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008;51:311-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest that nicorandil treatment may result in cardiovascular protection through pleiotropic effects including reductions in oxidative injury and systemic inflammation. ..
- Mitsuha T, Ikawa F, Ohbayashi N, Imada Y, Kazihara Y, Abiko S, et al. [Symptomatic Rathke's cleft cyst mimicking suprasellar arachnoid cyst]. No Shinkei Geka. 2005;33:1213-8 pubmed..The surgical specimen consisted ciliated epithelium and was diagnosed Rathke's cleft cyst. After operation, he recovered completely free...
- Katoh H, Shimada T, Inoue S, Takahashi N, Shimizu H, Ohta Y, et al. Reduced high serum hepatocyte growth factor levels after successful cardioversion in patients with atrial fibrillation. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2004;31:145-51 pubmed..4. This study is the first to demonstrate that serum HGF levels increase in atrial fibrillation and decrease after successful DC cardioversion. This may reflect the fact that atrial fibrillation induces vascular endothelial injury. ..
- Iizuka S, Oka T, Tabara K, Omura T, Katayama K, Takeda N, et al. Detection of sapoviruses and noroviruses in an outbreak of gastroenteritis linked genetically to shellfish. J Med Virol. 2010;82:1247-54 pubmed publisher..While the transmission of NoV by shellfish has been reported, this report shows that SaV can also be transmitted by shellfish. ..
- Nagai H, Haramoto M, Takada D, Daisu M, Miyazaki T, Sugimoto K, et al. [Quantitative assessment of the usefulness of MR-fusion Tl-SPECT image in the diagnosis of brain tumor]. No Shinkei Geka. 2008;36:1093-101 pubmed..897) than for NF (LR=2.978), suggesting that RI=0.7 for MR-F was suitable for diagnosis of malignant brain tumor. We conclude that MR-fusion Tl-SPECT is better for quantitative analysis of brain tumors than non-fusion Tl-SPECT...
- Sumita Y, Sugiura T, Kawaguchi Y, Baba S, Soejima M, Murakawa Y, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in the surfactant proteins in systemic sclerosis in Japanese: T/T genotype at 1580 C/T (Thr131Ile) in the SP-B gene reduces the risk of interstitial lung disease. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008;47:289-91 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, in the SNP in the SP-A1 gene, there was no significant skewing for a certain genotype. In SSc, where massive fibrosis occurs, possession of the T/T genotype in the SP-B gene would reduce the risk of ILD in Japanese. ..
- Shiwaku K, Nogi A, Kitajima K, Anuurad E, Enkhmaa B, Yamasaki M, et al. Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome using the modified ATP III definitions for workers in Japan, Korea and Mongolia. J Occup Health. 2005;47:126-35 pubmed..We believe that the ATP III-BMI25 definition is suitable for the determination of metabolic syndrome among Japanese and Koreans, and that the ATP III-BMI30 is more appropriate for Mongolians. ..
- Hamamoto N, Hashimoto T, Adachi K, Hirakawa K, Ishihara S, Inoue H, et al. Comparative study of nizatidine and famotidine for maintenance therapy of erosive esophagitis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005;20:281-6 pubmed..016 in ITT analysis). Nizatidine is a more effective H2RA than famotidine in the maintenance therapy of patients with reflux esophagitis. ..
- Yoshimura Y, Kondoh T. Treatment of chylous fistula with fibrin glue and clavicular periosteal flap. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;40:138-9 pubmed..We describe a new treatment for chylous fistula using fibrin glue and clavicular periosteal flap. ..