Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Okayama, Japan
Locale: Okayama, Japan
Topic: middle aged
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Ueno H, Kobayashi H, Konishi T, Ishida F, Yamaguchi T, Hinoi T, et al. Prevalence of laparoscopic surgical treatment and its clinical outcomes in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis in Japan. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:713-722 pubmed publisher..Laparoscopic approach is increasingly being adopted for prophylactic FAP surgery in Japan and may provide clinically acceptable practical outcomes. ..
- Omichi C, Nakamura K, Haraga J, Masuyama H, Hiramatsu Y. Glasgow prognostic score is an independent marker for poor prognosis with all cases of epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Med. 2016;5:1074-80 pubmed publisher..001) of all cases of epithelial OC by a multivariate analysis. GPS can serve as an indicator of poor prognosis in patients with all stages of epithelial OC, including early-stage disease and regardless of histology. ..
- Miyashita N, Kawai Y, Kato T, Tanaka T, Akaike H, Teranishi H, et al. Rapid diagnostic method for the identification of Mycoplasma pneumoniae respiratory tract infection. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:327-30 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae RTI patients from those without the disease. Physicians should consider the use of Ribotest(®) when patients have a persistent cough without nasal symptoms. ..
- Kawakami I, Kobayashi Z, Arai T, Yokota O, Nonaka T, Aoki N, et al. Chorea as a clinical feature of the basophilic inclusion body disease subtype of fused-in-sarcoma-associated frontotemporal lobar degeneration. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2016;4:36 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that the clinical feature of choreoathetosis in bvFTD might be associated with FTLD-FUS, and in particular, with the BIBD subtype. ..
- Morita Y, Ujike H, Tanaka Y, Uchida N, Nomura A, Ohtani K, et al. A nonsynonymous polymorphism in the human fatty acid amide hydrolase gene did not associate with either methamphetamine dependence or schizophrenia. Neurosci Lett. 2005;376:182-7 pubmed..Because the Pro129Thr polymorphism reduces enzyme instability, it is unlikely that dysfunction of FAAH and enhanced endocannabinoid system induce susceptibility to either methamphetamine dependence/psychosis or schizophrenia. ..
- Takaki J, Tsutsumi A, Irimajiri H, Hayama A, Hibino Y, Kanbara S, et al. Possible health-protecting effects of feeling useful to others on symptoms of depression and sleep disturbance in the workplace. J Occup Health. 2010;52:287-93 pubmed..The results support the notion that feeling useful to others in both genders in the workplace has possible health-protecting effects. ..
- Kawano S, Okada H, Kawahara Y, Hori K, Tanioka D, Tsuzuki T, et al. Proton pump inhibitor dose-related healing rate of artificial ulcers after endoscopic submucosal dissection: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Digestion. 2011;84:46-53 pubmed publisher..5 and 11,698.4 JPY, respectively, i.e. a difference of 471.9 JPY. A reduced dose of PPI after 1 week of ESD was equivalent in treatment performance to the standard dose and cheaper. ..
- Kamada T, Kurose H, Yamanaka Y, Manabe N, Kusunoki H, Shiotani A, et al. Relationship between gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma and Helicobacter pylori infection in Japan. Digestion. 2012;85:256-60 pubmed publisher..pylori infection and resembles distal gastric cancer, and the other one is not associated with H. pylori infection or Barrett's esophageal cancer. ..
- Iwamoto T, Kelly C, Mizoo T, Nogami T, Motoki T, Shien T, et al. Relative Prognostic and Predictive Value of Gene Signature and Histologic Grade in Estrogen Receptor-Positive, HER2-Negative Breast Cancer. Clin Breast Cancer. 2016;16:95-100.e1 pubmed publisher..Genomic signature was better at identifying low-risk cases compared to histologic grade alone, but both markers had similar predictive values for NAC response. Better predictive biomarkers for NAC response are still needed. ..
- Fujiwara H, Arai Y, Ishii H, Kanazawa S. Computed Tomography-guided Radiofrequency Ablation for Sub-diaphragm Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Safety and Efficacy of Inducing an Artificial Pneumothorax. Acta Med Okayama. 2016;70:189-95 pubmed..No local progression occurred during follow-up. Recurring HCCs were observed in eight patients. Artificial pneumothorax induction is safe and effective for CT-guided RFA of sub-diaphragm HCCs, which are difficult to locate on US. ..
- Miyamoto N, Senda M, Hamada M, Katayama Y, Kinosita A, Uchida K, et al. Talonavicular joint abnormalities and walking ability of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Acta Med Okayama. 2004;58:85-90 pubmed..003). Thus, in the present cohort group of patients with RA, the deterioration of walking ability increased with the severity of destruction of the talonavicular joint. ..
- Kitamura K, Nishiyama T, Ishiyama K, Miyawaki S, Miyazaki K, Suzuki K, et al. Clinical usefulness of WT1 mRNA expression in bone marrow detected by a new WT1 mRNA assay kit for monitoring acute myeloid leukemia: a comparison with expression of WT1 mRNA in peripheral blood. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:53-62 pubmed publisher..As reported in PB, WT1 mRNA expression in BM was found to be a useful marker for monitoring disease status as well as for a diagnosis of early stage relapse in AML patients. ..
- Yokota O, Terada S, Ishizu H, Ishihara T, Ujike H, Nakashima H, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 in the hippocampus is up-regulated in Alzheimer's disease but not in variant Alzheimer's disease with cotton wool plaques in humans. Neurosci Lett. 2003;343:175-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that unknown factors besides Abeta deposition are necessary for the cyclooxygenase-2 up-regulation and neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Nakamura S, Nouso K, Sakaguchi K, Ito Y, Ohashi Y, Kobayashi Y, et al. Sensitivity and specificity of des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin for diagnosis of patients with hepatocellular carcinomas varies according to tumor size. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:2038-43 pubmed..0001). The utility of DCP for the diagnosis of HCC was lower than that of AFP for small tumors, but higher than that of AFP for large tumors. ..
- Morio A, Ujike H, Nomura A, Tanaka Y, Morita Y, Otani K, et al. No association between CART (cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript) gene and methamphetamine dependence. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1074:411-7 pubmed..The present findings suggest that the CART gene may not play a pivotal role in the development of METH dependence and psychosis, at least in a Japanese population...
- Hiraki T, Fujiwara H, Sakurai J, Iguchi T, Gobara H, Tajiri N, et al. Nonfatal systemic air embolism complicating percutaneous CT-guided transthoracic needle biopsy: four cases from a single institution. Chest. 2007;132:684-90 pubmed..No sequelae were observed in the three patients in whom systemic air embolism was detected, and the therapy was initiated immediately, whereas missing systemic air led to cerebral embolism in one patient in our four cases. ..
- Okano M, Fujiwara T, Haruna T, Kariya S, Makihara S, Higaki T, et al. Prostaglandin E(2) suppresses staphylococcal enterotoxin-induced eosinophilia-associated cellular responses dominantly through an E-prostanoid 2-mediated pathway in nasal polyps. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:868-74.e13 pubmed publisher..Recent investigations have revealed that staphylococcal enterotoxins (SEs), COX metabolism, or both might participate in the pathogenesis of eosinophilic airway diseases, such as chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis...
- Sakamaki H, Ishizawa K, Taniwaki M, Fujisawa S, Morishima Y, Tobinai K, et al. Phase 1/2 clinical study of dasatinib in Japanese patients with chronic myeloid leukemia or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:332-341 pubmed publisher..Dasatinib therapy resulted in high rates of hematologic and cytogenetic response, suggesting that dasatinib is promising as a new treatment for Japanese CML and Ph(+) ALL patients resistant or intolerant to imatinib. ..
- Aoki J, Kimura K, Iguchi Y, Shibazaki K, Sakai K, Iwanaga T. FLAIR can estimate the onset time in acute ischemic stroke patients. J Neurol Sci. 2010;293:39-44 pubmed publisher..93 and PPV of 0.77; within 4.5h with sensitivity of 0.77 and PPV of 0.96; and within 6h with sensitivity of 0.74 and PPV of 1.00. FLAIR can estimate the onset time of stroke in AIS within 24h of onset. ..
- Osawa K, Miyoshi T, Oe H, Sato S, Nakamura K, Kohno K, et al. Association between coronary artery calcification and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in elderly people. Heart Vessels. 2016;31:499-507 pubmed publisher..Further prospective studies are needed to evaluate the clinical relevance of CAC as a risk of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. ..
- Gotoda T, Okada H, Hori K, Kawahara Y, Iwamuro M, Abe M, et al. Propofol sedation with a target-controlled infusion pump and bispectral index monitoring system in elderly patients during a complex upper endoscopy procedure. Gastrointest Endosc. 2016;83:756-64 pubmed publisher..01-31.5; P = .048). Elderly patients required lower doses of propofol with the TCI/BIS system than younger patients. Attention to hypoxemia is necessary in elderly patients, particularly patients with abnormal pulmonary function. ..
- Okano M, Fujiwara T, Kariya S, Higaki T, Makihara S, Haruna T, et al. Regulatory effect of TLR3 signaling on staphylococcal enterotoxin-induced IL-5, IL-13, IL-17A and IFN-Î³ production in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Allergol Int. 2016;65:96-102 pubmed publisher..Poly(IC) did not significantly increase PGE2 production by DNPCs. These results suggest that TLR3 signaling regulates eosinophilia-associated cytokine production in CRSwNP, at least in part, via IL-10 production. ..
- Miki T, Naito T, Fujiwara M, Araki R, Kiyoi R, Shiode Y, et al. Effects of pre-surgical administration of prostaglandin analogs on the outcome of trabeculectomy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181550 pubmed publisher..Patients with glaucoma who are treated with bimatoprost should be monitored for DUES, and when these patients undergo trabeculectomy, the postoperative course of IOP should be followed carefully. ..
- Okano M, Fujiwara T, Sugata Y, Gotoh D, Masaoka Y, Sogo M, et al. Presence and characterization of prostaglandin D2-related molecules in nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitis. Am J Rhinol. 2006;20:342-8 pubmed..In addition, ligation of PGD2 to CRTH2 appears to be selectively involved in eosinophil recruitment into the nose regardless of atopic status. ..
- Matsuzaki H, Yanagi Y, Hara M, Katase N, Asaumi J, Hisatomi M, et al. Minor salivary gland tumors in the oral cavity: diagnostic value of dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. Eur J Radiol. 2012;81:2684-91 pubmed publisher..During the diagnosis of minor salivary gland tumors, Tmax is useful for distinguishing between benign and malignant tumors. ..
- Miki Y, Gion Y, Mukae Y, Hayashi A, Sato H, Yoshino T, et al. Morphologic, flow cytometric, functional, and molecular analyses of S100B positive lymphocytes, unique cytotoxic lymphocytes containing S100B protein. Eur J Haematol. 2013;90:99-110 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that S100B? lymphocytes are a particular subtype of cytotoxic lymphocytes that play a unique role in antitumor immunity. ..
- Kasai Y, Suzuki E, Iwase T, Doi H, Takao S. Type D personality is associated with psychological distress and poor self-rated health among the elderly: a population-based study in Japan. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77918 pubmed publisher..79-2.34). Type D personality is associated with adverse health status among Japanese elderly people in terms of mental and physical risk; therefore, further research into the implications of this personality type is warranted. ..
- Weng W, Wei Q, Toden S, Yoshida K, Nagasaka T, Fujiwara T, et al. Circular RNA ciRS-7-A Promising Prognostic Biomarker and a Potential Therapeutic Target in Colorectal Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3918-3928 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 23(14); 3918-28. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Koh S, Inoue Y, Ochi S, Takai Y, Maeda N, Nishida K. Quality of Vision in Eyes With Epiphora Undergoing Lacrimal Passage Intubation. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:71-78 pubmed publisher..019), and tear meniscus dimension decreased (P < .001). Lacrimal passage intubation for eyes with epiphora significantly improved visual function and optical quality via patency of the lacrimal passage. ..
- Nishimura W, Naomoto Y, Hamaya K, Toda S, Miyagi K, Tanaka N. Basaloid-squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus: diagnosis based on immunohistochemical analysis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001;16:586-90 pubmed..The patient is currently being followed up at the outpatient clinic and shows no signs of any recurrence...
- Hakoda T, Yamamoto K, Terada R, Okano N, Shimada N, Suzuki T, et al. A crucial role of hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 expression in the differentiation of human ductular hepatocytes. Lab Invest. 2003;83:1395-402 pubmed..These results suggest that HNF-4alpha plays an important role in the differentiation and maintenance of the matured hepatocyte phenotype and that nuclear localization of HNFs is implicated in the accomplishment of their function. ..
- Inoue K, Rogers J. Botulinum toxin injection into Riolan's muscle: somatosensory 'trick'. Eur Neurol. 2007;58:138-41 pubmed..The proposed mechanism is not that of muscle relaxation but rather modulation of the somatosensory cortex, similar to that of a 'sensory trick' in patients with dystonia. ..
- Matsuo N, Shiraha H, Fujikawa T, Takaoka N, Ueda N, Tanaka S, et al. Twist expression promotes migration and invasion in hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:240 pubmed publisher..Twist-siRNA-treated HLE, HLF, and SK-Hep1 cells demonstrated a reduction in cell migration by 50, 40 and 18%, respectively. Twist induces migratory effect on hepatocellular carcinoma by causing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. ..
- Kobatake R, Sato T, Fujiwara Y, Sunami H, Yoshioka R, Ikeda T, et al. Comparison of the effects of nitroprusside versus nicorandil on the slow/no-reflow phenomenon during coronary interventions for acute myocardial infarction. Heart Vessels. 2011;26:379-84 pubmed publisher..175, respectively). NTP is a more effective treatment for slow/no-reflow associated with PCI in patients with AMI and may improve long-term clinical outcomes compared with NC...
- Maruyama T, Yamanaka R, Yokoi A, Ekuni D, Tomofuji T, Mizukawa N, et al. Relationship between serum albumin concentration and periodontal condition in patients with head and neck cancer. J Periodontol. 2012;83:1110-5 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies are necessary to examine the causal relationship between serum albumin concentration and periodontal condition. ..
- Nakamura K, Joja I, Nagasaka T, Fukushima C, Kusumoto T, Seki N, et al. The mean apparent diffusion coefficient value (ADCmean) on primary cervical cancer is a predictive marker for disease recurrence. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;127:478-83 pubmed publisher..0133). The ADCmean of primary cervical cancer calculated by MRI could be an important factor for identifying patients with a risk of disease recurrence. ..
- Nakamura K, Joja I, Fukushima C, Haruma T, Hayashi C, Kusumoto T, et al. The preoperative SUVmax is superior to ADCmin of the primary tumour as a predictor of disease recurrence and survival in patients with endometrial cancer. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013;40:52-60 pubmed publisher..0161) and OS (P?=?0.0232). The SUVmax of the primary tumour derived from PET/CT imaging could be an important prognostic indicator of recurrence and survival in patients with endometrial cancer. ..
- Kitagawa M, Sugiyama H, Morinaga H, Inoue T, Takiue K, Ogawa A, et al. A decreased level of serum soluble Klotho is an independent biomarker associated with arterial stiffness in patients with chronic kidney disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56695 pubmed publisher..Further research exploring whether therapeutic approaches to maintain or elevate the Klotho level could improve arterial stiffness in CKD patients is warranted. ..
- Hayashi E, Takata K, Sato Y, Tashiro Y, Tachiyama Y, Sawada Kitamura S, et al. Distinct morphologic, phenotypic, and clinical-course characteristics of indolent peripheral T-cell lymphoma. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1927-36 pubmed publisher..Recognition of this novel lymphoma subtype, which should not be defined merely as PTCL-NOS, should be seriously considered. ..
- Naito T, Okuma S, Nagayama M, Mizoue S, Ozaki M, Namiguchi K, et al. Sustainability of Intraocular Pressure Reduction of Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution in Subjects with Normal Tension Glaucoma. Adv Ther. 2016;33:435-46 pubmed publisher..Alcon Japan Ltd. University Hospital Medical Information Network, UMIN ID: 000011621. ..
- Kobayashi S, Ueda Y, Nannya Y, Shibayama H, Tamura H, Ogata K, et al. Prognostic significance of Wilms tumor 1 mRNA expression levels in peripheral blood and bone marrow in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Cancer Biomark. 2016;17:21-32 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the tumorigenesis of MDS is likely to originate at the stem cell level, suggesting that the WT1 mRNA level measurement in the BM is an effective prognostic marker in patients with MDS. ..
- Sakihama S, Saito M, Kuba Miyara M, Tomoyose T, Taira N, Miyagi T, et al. Human T-cell leukemia virus type I Tax genotype analysis in Okinawa, the southernmost and remotest islands of Japan: Different distributions compared with mainland Japan and the potential value for the prognosis of aggressive adult T-cell leukemia/ly. Leuk Res. 2017;61:18-24 pubmed publisher..68 (95% confidence interval, 0.87-8.25; P=0.086). Our results suggest that the tax genotype has clinical value as a prognostic factor for aggressive ATL. ..
- Mannami T, Yoshino T, Oshima K, Takase S, Kondo E, Ohara N, et al. Clinical, histopathological, and immunogenetic analysis of ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative disorders: characterization of malt lymphoma and reactive lymphoid hyperplasia. Mod Pathol. 2001;14:641-9 pubmed..PCR analysis was useful for differentiation between MALT lymphoma and RLH. Sequence analysis of VH genes showed that an autoimmune mechanism may be involved in the lymphomagenesis of ocular adnexal MALT lymphoma. ..
- Miyashita N, Fukano H, Yoshida K, Niki Y, Matsushima T. Is it possible to distinguish between atypical pneumonia and bacterial pneumonia?: evaluation of the guidelines for community-acquired pneumonia in Japan. Respir Med. 2004;98:952-60 pubmed..5% and 90.9%, respectively. Our results indicated that the differentiation of pneumonia in the JRS guidelines is useful for the diagnosis of M. pneumoniae pneumonia, but difficult to apply to the diagnosis of C. pneumoniae pneumonia...
- Okawa T, Naomoto Y, Nobuhisa T, Takaoka M, Motoki T, Shirakawa Y, et al. Heparanase is involved in angiogenesis in esophageal cancer through induction of cyclooxygenase-2. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:7995-8005 pubmed..Our results suggest that heparanase may play a novel role for COX-2-mediated tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Fukuhara T, Hida K. Pulsatility index at the cervical internal carotid artery as a parameter of microangiopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes. J Ultrasound Med. 2006;25:599-605 pubmed..The relationships of CA stenosis, hypertension, and dyslipidemia with microalbuminuria were also evaluated...
- Hashimoto I, Wada J, Hida A, Baba M, Miyatake N, Eguchi J, et al. Elevated serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-4 and chronic inflammation in overweight subjects. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14:799-811 pubmed..These chemokines, especially MCP-4, may be critical molecules that link obesity and chronic inflammation. ..
- Okano M, Otsuki N, Azuma M, Fujiwara T, Kariya S, Sugata Y, et al. Allergen-specific immunotherapy alters the expression of B and T lymphocyte attenuator, a co-inhibitory molecule, in allergic rhinitis. Clin Exp Allergy. 2008;38:1891-900 pubmed publisher..BTLA-mediated co-inhibition of IL-5 production may contribute to the regulation of allergen-specific T cell responses in patients receiving immunotherapy. ..
- Kotaka T, Ujike H, Okahisa Y, Takaki M, Nakata K, Kodama M, et al. G72 gene is associated with susceptibility to methamphetamine psychosis. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:1046-9 pubmed publisher..00085) also showed associations with methamphetamine psychosis. The present findings suggest that the G72 gene may contribute to a predisposition to not only schizophrenia but also to methamphetamine psychosis. ..
- Ikeda T, Nakamura K, Akagi S, Kusano K, Matsubara H, Fujio H, et al. Inhibitory effects of simvastatin on platelet-derived growth factor signaling in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells from patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010;55:39-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, simvastatin had inhibitory effects on inappropriate PDGF signaling in PASMCs from patients with IPAH. ..
- Wada K, Kariyama R, Mitsuhata R, Uehara S, Watanabe T, Monden K, et al. Experimental and clinical studies on fluoroquinolone-insusceptible Escherichia coli isolated from patients with urinary tract infections from 1994 to 2007. Acta Med Okayama. 2009;63:263-72 pubmed..coli. Our study suggests that biofilm formation of fluoroquinolone-insusceptible E. coli isolates is not a major mechanism of resistance in patients with UTI. ..
- Egi M, Kim I, Nichol A, Stachowski E, French C, Hart G, et al. Ionized calcium concentration and outcome in critical illness. Crit Care Med. 2011;39:314-21 pubmed publisher..Only extreme abnormalities of ionized calcium concentrations are independent predictors of mortality. ..
- Nishina S, Shiraha H, Nakanishi Y, Tanaka S, Matsubara M, Takaoka N, et al. Restored expression of the tumor suppressor gene RUNX3 reduces cancer stem cells in hepatocellular carcinoma by suppressing Jagged1-Notch signaling. Oncol Rep. 2011;26:523-31 pubmed publisher..RUNX3 expression suppressed JAG1 expression and resulted in downregulation of tumorigenesis by suppression of JAG1-mediated CSCs. ..
- Take Y, Morita H, Toh N, Nishii N, Nagase S, Nakamura K, et al. Identification of high-risk syncope related to ventricular fibrillation in patients with Brugada syndrome. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:752-9 pubmed publisher..Syncope in patients with Brugada syndrome is usually associated with ventricular tachyarrhythmia, but some episodes of syncope can be related to autonomic disorders...
- Morimoto M, Bando Y, Nakagawa M, Takechi H, Yoshida T, Honda J, et al. Immunocytochemical results for HER2 and Ki67 in breast cancer touch-smear cell specimens are reliable. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:577-82 pubmed publisher..001). The Ki67 indexes in the TSC and HS groups also showed significant correlation (correlation coefficient =0.861, pÂ <Â 0.001). The reliability of ICC analysis of HER2 expression and the Ki67 index using TSC were recognized. ..
- Isozaki H, Matsumoto S, Murakami S, Takama T, Sho T, Ishihara K, et al. Diminished Gastric Resection Preserves Better Quality of Life in Patients with Early Gastric Cancer. Acta Med Okayama. 2016;70:119-30 pubmed..The body weight ratio of the LR group was better than that of the SG group. Diminished gastric resection preserved better QOL in patients with early gastric cancer. ..
- Tsuda T, Mino Y, Babazono A, Shigemi J, Otsu T, Yamamoto E, et al. A case-control study of lung cancer in relation to silica exposure and silicosis in a rural area in Japan. Ann Epidemiol. 2002;12:288-94 pubmed..Silica exposure increased the lung cancer mortality in the area. A high lung cancer mortality rate in the area could be explained by silica exposure and silicosis prevalence in this area. ..
- Ishikawa T, Miyaishi S, Yamamoto Y, Yoshitome K, Inagaki S, Ishizu H. Sudden unexpected death due to rupture of the stomach. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2003;5:60-4 pubmed..Under this condition, excessive over-eating resulting in over-extension of the stomach wall at the greater curvature was speculated to have caused stomach rupture. ..
- Koshima I, Nanba Y, Tsutsui T, Takahashi Y, Itoh S, Fujitsu M. Minimal invasive lymphaticovenular anastomosis under local anesthesia for leg lymphedema: is it effective for stage III and IV?. Ann Plast Surg. 2004;53:261-6 pubmed..8 +/- 31.2% of the preoperative excess length. These results indicate that minimal invasive lymphaticovenular anastomosis under a local anesthesia is valuable instead of general anesthesia. ..
- Tsuneishi M, Yamamoto T, Yamanaka R, Tamaki N, Sakamoto T, Tsuji K, et al. Radiographic evaluation of periapical status and prevalence of endodontic treatment in an adult Japanese population. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2005;100:631-5 pubmed..Overfilled teeth and mandibular incisors are most likely to exhibit apical radiolucencies. ..
- Imada T, Matsuoka J, Nobuhisa T, Okawa T, Murata T, Tabuchi Y, et al. COX-2 induction by heparanase in the progression of breast cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2006;17:221-8 pubmed..They also suggest that heparanase may play a novel role for COX-2 mediated tumor angiogenesis in breast-cancer progression. ..
- Kishimoto M, Ujike H, Motohashi Y, Tanaka Y, Okahisa Y, Kotaka T, et al. The dysbindin gene (DTNBP1) is associated with methamphetamine psychosis. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;63:191-6 pubmed..0012, OR = 14.9, 95% CI 3.5-64.2). Our genetic evidence suggests that DTNBP1 is involved in psychotic liability not only for schizophrenia but also for other psychotic disorders, including substance-induced psychosis. ..
- Fukuhara T, Tanaka T, Namba Y, Kuyama H. Tangled catheter as a rare cause of baclofen pump malfunction. Surg Neurol. 2009;72:80-2; discussion 82 pubmed publisher..Although the exact mechanism of this complication is unknown, the friction-compression of the catheter against the iliac bone may be the cause. Implanting the pump away from the bony formation may avoid catheter entanglement. ..
- Kondo T, Okuno N, Naruse H, Kishimoto M, Tasaka T, Tsujioka T, et al. Validation of the revised 2008 WHO diagnostic criteria in 75 suspected cases of myeloproliferative neoplasm. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008;49:1784-91 pubmed publisher..In contrast, IE presented a good prognosis unlike MPN. Hereafter, the 2008 WHO criteria with JAK2 gene analysis are useful for precise diagnosis of MPN and the patients with erythrocytosis. ..
- Sheikh Ali M, Gunduz M, Nagatsuka H, Gunduz E, Cengiz B, Fukushima K, et al. Expression and mutation analysis of epidermal growth factor receptor in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1589-94 pubmed publisher..02, P = 0.032, respectively). Similar to patients from western ethnicity, mutations are absent or rare in Japanese HNSCC. Protein overexpression rather than mutation might be responsible for activation of the EGFR pathway in HNSCC...
- Kotaka T, Ujike H, Morita Y, Kishimoto M, Okahisa Y, Inada T, et al. Association study between casein kinase 1 epsilon gene and methamphetamine dependence. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1139:43-8 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that having a genetic variant of the CSNK1E gene did not affect susceptibility to methamphetamine dependence or psychosis, at least in a Japanese population. ..
- Miyake K, Nishida K, Kadota Y, Yamasaki H, Nasu T, Saitou D, et al. Inflammatory cytokine-induced expression of vasohibin-1 by rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts. Acta Med Okayama. 2009;63:349-58 pubmed..These results suggest that vasohibin-1 was expressed in RA synovial tissue and might be regulated by inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Kodama J, Seki N, Masahiro S, Kusumoto T, Nakamura K, Hongo A, et al. D-dimer level as a risk factor for postoperative venous thromboembolism in Japanese women with gynecologic cancer. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:1651-6 pubmed publisher..High plasma D-dimer level on postoperative day 3, the use of rHuEPO, and non-O blood group were independent risk factors for postoperative VTE. ..
- Okimoto N, Hayashi T, Ishiga M, Nanba F, Kishimoto M, Yagi S, et al. Clinical features of Escherichia coli pneumonia. J Infect Chemother. 2010;16:216-8 pubmed publisher..coli; (3) previous administration of antibacterial agents did not become a risk factor; (4) resistance to ampicillin (ABPC) and levofloxacin (LVFX) was observed; and (5) mortality was 22.7%. ..
- Miyoshi T, Doi M, Hirohata S, Kamikawa S, Usui S, Ogawa H, et al. Olmesartan reduces arterial stiffness and serum adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein in hypertensive patients. Heart Vessels. 2011;26:408-13 pubmed publisher..Olmesartan ameliorated arterial stiffness in patients with hypertension, which may be involved in the reduction of serum A-FABP. ..
- Kaji E, Kato J, Suzuki H, Akita M, Horii J, Saito S, et al. Analysis of K-ras, BRAF, and PIK3CA mutations in laterally-spreading tumors of the colorectum. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26:599-607 pubmed publisher..PIK3CA mutations were not familiar in either LST (3%) or advanced cancers (9%). K-ras mutations were involved in colorectal LST in different manners according to tumor location. ..
- Mizoguchi Y, Suzuki E, Tsuchida H, Tsuda T, Yamamoto E, Nakase K, et al. Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup infection originating in boxed lunches in Japan in 2008. Acta Med Okayama. 2011;65:63-9 pubmed..Salmonella Braenderup was isolated from 5 of 9 sampled cases and 6 food handlers. It is likely that unpasteurized liquid eggs contaminated by Salmonella Braenderup and used in tamagotoji caused this outbreak. ..
- Tsuzuki T, Okada H, Kawahara Y, Nasu J, Takenaka R, Inoue M, et al. Usefulness and problems of endoscopic ultrasonography in prediction of the depth of tumor invasion in early gastric cancer. Acta Med Okayama. 2011;65:105-12 pubmed..However, it is noteworthy that the diagnostic accuracy of the invasion depth diminished for lesions in the upper third of the stomach. ..
- Gemba K, Fujimoto N, Kato K, Aoe K, Takeshima Y, Inai K, et al. National survey of malignant mesothelioma and asbestos exposure in Japan. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:483-90 pubmed publisher..Our study confirmed that more than 70% of MM cases in Japan are associated with AE. The "Kubota shock" may affect some features pertaining to MM...
- Mizoo T, Taira N, Nishiyama K, Nogami T, Iwamoto T, Motoki T, et al. Effects of lifestyle and single nucleotide polymorphisms on breast cancer risk: a case-control study in Japanese women. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:565 pubmed publisher..In Japanese women, rs2046210 and 3757318 located near the ESR1 gene are associated with a risk of breast cancer, as in other Asian women. However, our findings suggest that exercise can decrease this risk in allele carriers. ..
- Niikura N, Hashimoto J, Kazama T, Koizumi J, Ogiya R, Terao M, et al. Diagnostic performance of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose PET/CT and bone scintigraphy in breast cancer patients with suspected bone metastasis. Breast Cancer. 2016;23:662-7 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the results of previous studies as well as ours, PET/CT could replace BS as the initial modality to detect bone metastases in patients suspected for the condition. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Tsuji A, Tanioka H, Maekawa S, Kawanaka H, Kitazono M, et al. S-1 and irinotecan plus bevacizumab as second-line chemotherapy for patients with oxaliplatin-refractory metastatic colorectal cancer: a multicenter phase II study in Japan (KSCC1102). Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:705-712 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the combination of S-1 and irinotecan plus bevacizumab is effective and tolerable as second-line chemotherapy for patients with oxaliplatin-refractory mCRC. ..
- Iwamuro M, Kondo E, Otsuka F, Takata K, Yoshino T, Kawahara Y, et al. Detection of Minute Duodenal Follicular Lymphoma Lesions Using Magnifying Endoscopy. Acta Med Okayama. 2016;70:139-44 pubmed..Here, we discuss the usefulness of magnifying endoscopy and narrow-band imaging for the detection of small duodenal lesions in follicular lymphoma cases. ..
- Matsuo Y, Drexler H, Takeuchi M, Tanaka M, Orita K. Establishment of the T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia cell line MOTN-1 carrying natural killer-cell antigens. Leuk Res. 2002;26:873-9 pubmed..The scientific significance of MOTN-1 lies in (1) the rarity of this type of leukemia cell lines, (2) the co-expression of various T- and natural killer (NK)-cell-associated markers, and (3) its unique chromosomal aberrations. ..
- Yokota O, Terada S, Ishizu H, Tsuchiya K, Kitamura Y, Ikeda K, et al. NACP/alpha-synuclein immunoreactivity in diffuse neurofibrillary tangles with calcification (DNTC). Acta Neuropathol. 2002;104:333-41 pubmed
- Kobashi Y, Matsushima T. Clinical analysis of patients requiring long-term mechanical ventilation of over three months: ventilator-associated pneumonia as a primary complication. Intern Med. 2003;42:25-32 pubmed
- Honda T, Suzuki H, Iwai K, Fujiwara Y, Kawahara H, Kuroda S. Autochthonous experience, heightened awareness, and perception distortion in patients with schizophrenia: a symptomatological study. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2004;58:473-9 pubmed..Understanding the characteristics of AHP in patients with frank schizophrenia is important in the symptomatological evaluation of schizophrenia. ..
- Kodama J, Shinyo Y, Hasengaowa -, Kusumoto T, Seki N, Nakamura K, et al. Loss of basement membrane heparan sulfate expression is associated with pelvic lymph node metastasis in invasive cervical cancer. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:89-92 pubmed..033). Heparanase mRNA expression is associated with the loss of BM HS-GAG expression, which is closely related to lymph node metastasis in invasive cervical cancers. ..
- Miwa Y, Mitsuzumi H, Sunayama T, Yamada M, Okada K, Kubota M, et al. Glucosyl hesperidin lowers serum triglyceride level in hypertriglyceridemic subjects through the improvement of very low-density lipoprotein metabolic abnormality. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2005;51:460-70 pubmed
- Mitsuyoshi G, Naito N, Kawai A, Kunisada T, Yoshida A, Yanai H, et al. Accurate diagnosis of musculoskeletal lesions by core needle biopsy. J Surg Oncol. 2006;94:21-7 pubmed..The overall accuracy was 77% (bone, 85%; soft tissue, 68%). There was no morbidity related to the procedure. The results indicate that needle biopsy is safe and accurate for diagnosing musculoskeletal lesions. ..
- Okano M, Sugata Y, Fujiwara T, Matsumoto R, Nishibori M, Shimizu K, et al. E prostanoid 2 (EP2)/EP4-mediated suppression of antigen-specific human T-cell responses by prostaglandin E2. Immunology. 2006;118:343-52 pubmed..These results suggest that PGE2 suppresses both Th1- and Th2-polarized antigen-specific human T-cell responses via a cAMP-dependent EP2/EP4-mediated pathway. ..
- Masuda K, Hiraki A, Fujii N, Watanabe T, Tanaka M, Matsue K, et al. Loss or down-regulation of HLA class I expression at the allelic level in freshly isolated leukemic blasts. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:102-8 pubmed..These results suggest loss of allele-specific HLA expression may be involved in the pathogenesis of relapse in patients with leukemia. The findings should be valuable in designing new strategies for clinical immunotherapy. ..