Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on microtubules in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
- Kojima Y, Miyoshi H, Clevers H, Oshima M, Aoki M, Taketo M. Suppression of tubulin polymerization by the LKB1-microtubule-associated protein/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23532-40 pubmed..These results indicate that LKB1 is involved in the regulation of microtubule dynamics through the activation of MARKs. ..
- Mimori Kiyosue Y, Grigoriev I, Lansbergen G, Sasaki H, Matsui C, Severin F, et al. CLASP1 and CLASP2 bind to EB1 and regulate microtubule plus-end dynamics at the cell cortex. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:141-53 pubmed..We propose that CLASPs can mediate interactions between MT plus ends and the cell cortex and act as local rescue factors, possibly through forming a complex with EB1 at MT tips. ..
- Higashida C, Miyoshi T, Fujita A, Oceguera Yanez F, Monypenny J, Andou Y, et al. Actin polymerization-driven molecular movement of mDia1 in living cells. Science. 2004;303:2007-10 pubmed..mDia1 probably moves processively along the growing end of actin filaments in cells, and Formins may be a molecular motility machinery that is independent from motor proteins. ..
- Shimada Y, Yonemura S, Ohkura H, Strutt D, Uemura T. Polarized transport of Frizzled along the planar microtubule arrays in Drosophila wing epithelium. Dev Cell. 2006;10:209-22 pubmed..Furthermore, there appeared to be a bias in the P-D MTs, with slightly more plus ends oriented distally. The hypothesis of polarized vesicular trafficking of Fz is discussed. ..
- Saito Y, Yamagishi N, Ishihara K, Hatayama T. Identification of alpha-tubulin as an hsp105alpha-binding protein by the yeast two-hybrid system. Exp Cell Res. 2003;286:233-40 pubmed..These findings suggested that Hsp105alpha associates with alpha-tubulin and microtubules in cells and plays a role in protection of microtubules under conditions of stress. ..
- Inutsuka A, Goda M, Fujiyoshi Y. Calyculin A-induced neurite retraction is critically dependent on actomyosin activation but not on polymerization state of microtubules. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:1160-6 pubmed publisher..Based on all these findings, we propose that CL-A generates strong contractile forces by actomyosin to induce rapid neurite retraction independently from MT depolymerization. ..
- Takatsu H, Katoh Y, Ueda T, Waguri S, Murayama T, Takahashi S, et al. Mitosis-coupled, microtubule-dependent clustering of endosomal vesicles around centrosomes. Cell Struct Funct. 2013;38:31-41 pubmed..Our observations indicate that ERC clustering around centrosomes plays a fundamental role in restricting membrane delivery to the plasma membrane during early mitotic phases, when the cell surface-to-volume ratio reaches its minimum...
- Iwasawa N, Negishi M, Oinuma I. R-Ras controls axon branching through afadin in cortical neurons. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2793-804 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings demonstrate a novel signaling pathway downstream of R-Ras that controls axon branching. ..
- Saito Y, Doi K, Yamagishi N, Ishihara K, Hatayama T. Screening of Hsp105alpha-binding proteins using yeast and bacterial two-hybrid systems. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:396-402 pubmed..The interaction was validated by the results of a pull-down assay and indirect immunofluorescence analysis. The significance of Hsp105alpha and Hsp105alpha-binding proteins in cells was discussed. ..
- Iwaya N, Kuwahara Y, Fujiwara Y, Goda N, Tenno T, Akiyama K, et al. A common substrate recognition mode conserved between katanin p60 and VPS4 governs microtubule severing and membrane skeleton reorganization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16822-9 pubmed publisher..A common mechanism is evolutionarily conserved between two distinct cellular events, one that drives microtubule severing and the other involving membrane skeletal reorganization. ..
- Kitano M, Nakaya M, Nakamura T, Nagata S, Matsuda M. Imaging of Rab5 activity identifies essential regulators for phagosome maturation. Nature. 2008;453:241-5 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a mechanistic model in which the recruitment of Gapex-5 to phagosomes through the microtubule network induces the transient Rab5 activation. ..
- Kawauchi T, Chihama K, Nabeshima Y, Hoshino M. The in vivo roles of STEF/Tiam1, Rac1 and JNK in cortical neuronal migration. EMBO J. 2003;22:4190-201 pubmed..Our data thus provide important clues for understanding the intracellullar signaling machinery for cortical neuronal migration. ..
- Kubo A, Sasaki H, Yuba Kubo A, Tsukita S, Shiina N. Centriolar satellites: molecular characterization, ATP-dependent movement toward centrioles and possible involvement in ciliogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:969-80 pubmed..These findings suggested that centriolar satellites and fibrous granules are identical novel nonmembranous organelles containing PCM-1, which may play some important role(s) in centriolar replication. ..
- Kiyomitsu T, Obuse C, Yanagida M. Human Blinkin/AF15q14 is required for chromosome alignment and the mitotic checkpoint through direct interaction with Bub1 and BubR1. Dev Cell. 2007;13:663-76 pubmed..Blinkin may be the center of the network for generating kinetochore-based checkpoint signaling. ..
- Yasuda S, Oceguera Yanez F, Kato T, Okamoto M, Yonemura S, Terada Y, et al. Cdc42 and mDia3 regulate microtubule attachment to kinetochores. Nature. 2004;428:767-71 pubmed..We now show that one member of this family, Cdc42, and its effector, mDia3, regulate MT attachment to kinetochores. ..
- Fujita H, Katoh H, Ishikawa Y, Mori K, Negishi M. Rapostlin is a novel effector of Rnd2 GTPase inducing neurite branching. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45428-34 pubmed..Therefore, Rapostlin is the first effector of Rnd2, regulating neurite branch formation. ..
- Kakinuma T, Ichikawa H, Tsukada Y, Nakamura T, Toh B. Interaction between p230 and MACF1 is associated with transport of a glycosyl phosphatidyl inositol-anchored protein from the Golgi to the cell periphery. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:388-98 pubmed..Our results suggest that p230, through its interaction with MACF1, provides the molecular link for transport of GPI-anchored proteins along the microtubule and actin cytoskeleton from the TGN to the cell periphery. ..
- Tamura K, Iwabuchi K, Fukao Y, Kondo M, Okamoto K, Ueda H, et al. Myosin XI-i links the nuclear membrane to the cytoskeleton to control nuclear movement and shape in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1776-81 pubmed publisher..A deficiency of either myosin XI-i or WIT proteins diminished dark-induced nuclear positioning. The unique nucleocytoplasmic linkage in plants might enable rapid nuclear positioning in response to environmental stimuli...
- Ihara M, Kinoshita A, Yamada S, Tanaka H, Tanigaki A, Kitano A, et al. Cortical organization by the septin cytoskeleton is essential for structural and mechanical integrity of mammalian spermatozoa. Dev Cell. 2005;8:343-52 pubmed..Thus, cortical organization based on circular assembly of the septin cytoskeleton is essential for the structural and mechanical integrity of mammalian spermatozoa. ..
- Ogawa S, Matsubayashi Y, Nishida E. An evolutionarily conserved gene required for proper microtubule architecture in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Cells. 2004;9:83-93 pubmed..These results indicate that C05D11.3, an evolutionarily conserved gene, is essential for proper microtubule organization and function in C. elegans. This gene family may be a conserved regulator of microtubule dynamics and function. ..
- Ishikawa H, Kubo A, Tsukita S, Tsukita S. Odf2-deficient mother centrioles lack distal/subdistal appendages and the ability to generate primary cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:517-24 pubmed..These findings indicate that Odf2 is indispensable for the formation of distal/subdistal appendages and the generation of primary cilia, but not for other cell-cycle-related centriolar functions. ..
- Kitazawa D, Yamaguchi M, Mori H, Inoue Y. COPI-mediated membrane trafficking is required for cytokinesis in Drosophila male meiotic divisions. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3649-60 pubmed..Thus, we propose that COPI plays an important role in Drosophila male meiosis, not only through vesicle transport to the cleavage furrow region, but also through the formation of ER-based structures. ..
- Harumoto T, Ito M, Shimada Y, Kobayashi T, Ueda H, Lu B, et al. Atypical cadherins Dachsous and Fat control dynamics of noncentrosomal microtubules in planar cell polarity. Dev Cell. 2010;19:389-401 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the action of Ft was mediated in part by PAR-1. All these data support the idea that the active reorientation of MT growth adjusts cell polarity along the organ axis. ..
- Yamanaka Y, Heike T, Kumada T, Shibata M, Takaoka Y, Kitano A, et al. Loss of Borealin/DasraB leads to defective cell proliferation, p53 accumulation and early embryonic lethality. Mech Dev. 2008;125:441-50 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Borealin/DasraB is essential for cell proliferation during early embryonic development, and its early embryonic lethality cannot be rescued by the loss of p53. ..
- Kanazawa T, Takematsu H, Yamamoto A, Yamamoto H, Kozutsumi Y. Wheat germ agglutinin stains dispersed post-golgi vesicles after treatment with the cytokinesis inhibitor psychosine. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:517-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the transport of WGA-positive vesicles to the cleavage furrow is associated with the progression of cytokinesis...
- Ichihara K, Shimizu H, Taguchi O, Yamaguchi M, Inoue Y. A Drosophila orthologue of larp protein family is required for multiple processes in male meiosis. Cell Struct Funct. 2007;32:89-100 pubmed..We discuss here the essential role that dLarp plays in multiple processes in Drosophila male meiosis. ..
- Mimori Kiyosue Y, Grigoriev I, Sasaki H, Matsui C, Akhmanova A, Tsukita S, et al. Mammalian CLASPs are required for mitotic spindle organization and kinetochore alignment. Genes Cells. 2006;11:845-57 pubmed..This local stabilization of microtubules is essential for the formation of normal metaphase spindle, completion of anaphase and cytokinesis. ..
- Ifuji A, Kuga T, Kaibori Y, Saito Y, Nakayama Y. A novel immunofluorescence method to visualize microtubules in the antiparallel overlaps of microtubule-plus ends in the anaphase and telophase midzone. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:347-357 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the air-drying method is suitable for visualizing microtubules in the antiparallel overlaps of microtubule-plus ends of the midzone and for detecting their effects on midzone formation. ..