Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications787 found, 100 shown here
- Kuroda K, Ito M, Shikano T, Awaji T, Yoda A, Takeuchi H, et al. The role of X/Y linker region and N-terminal EF-hand domain in nuclear translocation and Ca2+ oscillation-inducing activities of phospholipase Czeta, a mammalian egg-activating factor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27794-805 pubmed
- Yamamoto T, Hattori M, Yoshida T. Induction of T-cell activation or anergy determined by the combination of intensity and duration of T-cell receptor stimulation, and sequential induction in an individual cell. Immunology. 2007;121:383-91 pubmed..We also show that the calcineurin signal controlled the induction of activation or anergy depending on the activity. This study contributes to better understanding of the precise mechanism for inducing T-cell anergy. ..
- Niki Y, Takaishi H, Takito J, Miyamoto T, Kosaki N, Matsumoto H, et al. Administration of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor reduces joint inflammation but exacerbates osteopenia in IL-1 alpha transgenic mice due to GM-CSF overproduction. J Immunol. 2007;179:639-46 pubmed
- Ochi S, Shinohara M, Sato K, Gober H, Koga T, Kodama T, et al. Pathological role of osteoclast costimulation in arthritis-induced bone loss. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11394-9 pubmed..These results establish the pathological role of costimulatory receptors for RANK in bone loss in arthritis and may provide a molecular basis for the future therapy of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Fujieda H, Bremner R, Mears A, Sasaki H. Retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor alpha regulates a subset of cone genes during mouse retinal development. J Neurochem. 2009;108:91-101 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RORalpha plays a crucial role in cone development by directly regulating multiple cone genes. ..
- Hara K, Kanai Azuma M, Uemura M, Shitara H, Taya C, Yonekawa H, et al. Evidence for crucial role of hindgut expansion in directing proper migration of primordial germ cells in mouse early embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;330:427-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data indicate that hindgut morphogenic movement is crucial for directing PGC movement toward the embryonic gut side, but not for their relocation from the mesoderm into the endoderm. ..
- Okajima M, Shimokawa K, Ishii F. The healing effect of electrolytic-reduction ion water on burn wounds. Biosci Trends. 2010;4:31-6 pubmed..These results suggest the promotion of burn wound healing by ERI lotion. ..
- Fukunaga M, Nunomura S, Nishida S, Endo K, Gon Y, Hashimoto S, et al. Mast cell death induced by 24(S),25-epoxycholesterol. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:3272-81 pubmed publisher..Our present findings confer new insights into the roles of lipid metabolism during oxysterol-mediated mast cell apoptosis. ..
- Nakano H, Ushio H. An unexpected role for autophagy in degranulation of mast cells. Autophagy. 2011;7:657-9 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that autophagy is not essential for the development, but plays a crucial role in degranulation, of mast cells. ..
- Yoshimatsu Y, Yamazaki T, Mihira H, Itoh T, Suehiro J, Yuki K, et al. Ets family members induce lymphangiogenesis through physical and functional interaction with Prox1. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2753-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that both Prox1 and Ets-2 bind to the VEGFR3 promoter in intact chromatin. These findings suggest that Ets family members function as transcriptional cofactors that enhance Prox1-induced lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Nakae J, Cao Y, Hakuno F, Takemori H, Kawano Y, Sekioka R, et al. Novel repressor regulates insulin sensitivity through interaction with Foxo1. EMBO J. 2012;31:2275-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that FCoR is a novel repressor that regulates insulin sensitivity and energy metabolism in adipose tissue by acting to fine-tune Foxo1 activity. ..
- Udagawa T, Tatsumi N, Tachibana T, Negishi Y, Saijo H, Kobayashi T, et al. Inwardly rectifying potassium channel Kir4.1 is localized at the calyx endings of vestibular afferents. Neuroscience. 2012;215:209-16 pubmed publisher..Kir4.1 localized at the calyx endings may play a role in the K(+)-buffering action of vestibular afferents surrounding type I hair cells. ..
- Teramoto S, Shimura H, Tanaka R, Shimada Y, Miyamoto N, Arai H, et al. Human-derived physiological heat shock protein 27 complex protects brain after focal cerebral ischemia in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66001 pubmed publisher..Intravenously injected human HSP27 should be explored for the treatment of acute ischemic strokes. ..
- Yoshida G, Saya H, Zouboulis C. Three-dimensional culture of sebaceous gland cells revealing the role of prostaglandin E2-induced activation of canonical Wnt signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:640-6 pubmed publisher..Our results also implicate PGE2-induced activation of canonical Wnt signaling pathway in regulation of the morphology,proliferation, and function of "semi-vivo" sebaceous glands. ..
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Kim H, Yoshida M, Fujiwara T, Aoyagi K, Toyofuku Y, et al. Serotonin regulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from pancreatic β cells during pregnancy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19420-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that serotonin, acting in a paracrine/autocrine manner through Htr3, lowers the β cell threshold for glucose and plays an essential role in the increased GSIS of pregnancy. ..
- Oliva Trejo J, Asanuma K, Kim E, Takagi Akiba M, Nonaka K, Hidaka T, et al. Transient increase in proteinuria, poly-ubiquitylated proteins and ER stress markers in podocyte-specific autophagy-deficient mice following unilateral nephrectomy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:1190-6 pubmed publisher..These results show the importance of the autophagic process in podocytes for maintaining a normal degree of filtration function during the adaptation to compensatory kidney hypertrophy following unilateral nephrectomy. ..
- Nakashima N, Miyazaki K, Ishikawa M, Yatohgo T, Ogawa H, Uchibori H, et al. Vitronectin diversity in evolution but uniformity in ligand binding and size of the core polypeptide. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1120:1-10 pubmed..Almost all of these vitronectin-like proteins showed marked species-specific variations in their apparent molecular weights from 51 to 96 kDa in SDS-PAGE. ..
- Mukai K, Imai M, Shimada H, Ishimura Y. Isolation and characterization of rat CYP11B genes involved in late steps of mineralo- and glucocorticoid syntheses. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:9130-7 pubmed
- Murata Y, Kodama H, Abe T, Ishida N, Nishimura M, Levinson B, et al. Mutation analysis and expression of the mottled gene in the macular mouse model of Menkes disease. Pediatr Res. 1997;42:436-42 pubmed..The distribution of expression of mottled is correlated with cells and tissues showing histopathology or abnormal copper sequestration in macular and other mutants...
- Takaki S, Sauer K, Iritani B, Chien S, Ebihara Y, Tsuji K, et al. Control of B cell production by the adaptor protein lnk. Definition Of a conserved family of signal-modulating proteins. Immunity. 2000;13:599-609 pubmed..Lnk is a representative of a multigene adaptor protein family whose members act, by analogy with Lnk, to modulate intracellular signaling. ..
- Kishimoto Y, Kawahara S, Mori H, Mishina M, Kirino Y. Long-trace interval eyeblink conditioning is impaired in mutant mice lacking the NMDA receptor subunit epsilon 1. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;13:1221-7 pubmed
- Nakai D, Yuasa S, Takahashi M, Shimizu T, Asaumi S, Isono K, et al. Mouse homologue of coq7/clk-1, longevity gene in Caenorhabditis elegans, is essential for coenzyme Q synthesis, maintenance of mitochondrial integrity, and neurogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:463-71 pubmed..The result implied the essential role of coq7 in CoQ synthesis, maintenance of mitochondrial integrity, and neurogenesis in mice. ..
- Nonaka N, Kitajima T, Yokobayashi S, Xiao G, Yamamoto M, Grewal S, et al. Recruitment of cohesin to heterochromatic regions by Swi6/HP1 in fission yeast. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:89-93 pubmed..These data define a conserved function of Swi6/HP1 in recruitment of cohesin to heterochromatic regions, promoting the proper segregation of chromosomes. ..
- Yasuda T, Tezuka T, Maeda A, Inazu T, Yamanashi Y, Gu H, et al. Cbl-b positively regulates Btk-mediated activation of phospholipase C-gamma2 in B cells. J Exp Med. 2002;196:51-63 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Cbl-b positively regulates BCR-mediated Ca2+ signaling, most likely by influencing the Btk/BLNK/PLC-gamma2 complex formation. ..
- Arimura T, Hayashi T, Terada H, Lee S, Zhou Q, Takahashi M, et al. A Cypher/ZASP mutation associated with dilated cardiomyopathy alters the binding affinity to protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6746-52 pubmed..It was demonstrated by both assays that the D626N mutation of Cypher/ZASP increased the affinity of the LIM domain for protein kinase C, suggesting a novel biochemical mechanism of the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kawasumi M, Chiba T, Yamada M, Miyamae Kaneko M, Matsuoka M, Nakahara J, et al. Targeted introduction of V642I mutation in amyloid precursor protein gene causes functional abnormality resembling early stage of Alzheimer's disease in aged mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:2826-38 pubmed..This V642I-APP knock-in mutant line may serve as a model to study the early pathogenic processes of AD in vivo and to develop therapeutics for this stage. ..
- Kanamaru Y, Sumiyoshi K, Ushio H, Ogawa H, Okumura K, Nakao A. Smad3 deficiency in mast cells provides efficient host protection against acute septic peritonitis. J Immunol. 2005;174:4193-7 pubmed..Suppression of Smad3 expression in mast cells may thus have therapeutic potential for Gram-negative bacterial infection such as acute septic peritonitis by augmenting innate immune responses of mast cells. ..
- Shoji Y, Takahashi M, Takasuka N, Niho N, Kitamura T, Sato H, et al. Prostaglandin E receptor EP3 deficiency modifies tumor outcome in mouse two-stage skin carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:2116-22 pubmed..Furthermore, benign keratoacanthomas only developed in EP(3)-knockout mice (6/19 versus 0/24, P < 0.01). The results suggest that PGE(2) receptor EP(3) signaling might contribute to development of SCCs in the skin. ..
- Kawano K, Watanabe M, Yamamoto T, Yokoyama M, Opanasopit P, Okano T, et al. Enhanced antitumor effect of camptothecin loaded in long-circulating polymeric micelles. J Control Release. 2006;112:329-32 pubmed..CPT loaded in polymeric micelles showed prolonged blood circulation and higher accumulation in tumors compared with CPT in solution. Polymeric micelle systems offer a stable and effective platform for cancer chemotherapy with CPT. ..
- Komatsu D, Abe T, Sano Y, Shimazaki K, Tomita M, Kanayama N, et al. Increase of the trophoblast giant cells with prolactin-releasing peptide (PrRP) receptor expression in p53-null mice. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:1089-94 pubmed..These results suggest that p53 may regulate the differentiation of trophoblast giant cells, and may control the physiological PrRP stimuli in mouse placentas...
- Nagai N, Oike Y, Izumi Nagai K, Koto T, Satofuka S, Shinoda H, et al. Suppression of choroidal neovascularization by inhibiting angiotensin-converting enzyme: minimal role of bradykinin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2321-6 pubmed..The present study indicates the possibility of ACE inhibition as a novel therapeutic strategy to inhibit CNV. ..
- Fujii Y, Tashiro A, Arimoto K, Fujigaya H, Moriwaki Y, Misawa H, et al. Diminished antigen-specific IgG1 and interleukin-6 production and acetylcholinesterase expression in combined M1 and M5 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor knockout mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;188:80-5 pubmed..They also support the notion that a non-neuronal cholinergic system is involved in regulating immune cell function. ..
- Igarashi T, Miyake K, Hayakawa J, Kawabata K, Ishizaki M, Takahashi H, et al. Apoptotic cell death and regeneration in the newborn retina after irradiation prior to bone marrow transplantation. Curr Eye Res. 2007;32:543-53 pubmed..Our findings underscore the importance of careful evaluation of the biological effects of irradiation in models making use of BM transplantation. ..
- Kaito C, Omae Y, Matsumoto Y, Nagata M, Yamaguchi H, Aoto T, et al. A novel gene, fudoh, in the SCCmec region suppresses the colony spreading ability and virulence of Staphylococcus aureus. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3921 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that fudoh in the SCCmec type-II region suppresses colony spreading and exotoxin production, and is involved in S. aureus pathogenesis. ..
- Nagata M, Ito T, Arimitsu N, Koyama H, Sekimizu K. Transcription arrest relief by S-II/TFIIS during gene expression in erythroblast differentiation. Genes Cells. 2009;14:371-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that S-II is involved in transcription of the Bcl-x and beta(major)-globin gene during erythroblast differentiation, by relieving transcription arrest or affecting histone modification on chromatin template. ..
- Ohka S, Sakai M, Bohnert S, Igarashi H, Deinhardt K, Schiavo G, et al. Receptor-dependent and -independent axonal retrograde transport of poliovirus in motor neurons. J Virol. 2009;83:4995-5004 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the axonal trafficking of PV is carried out by several distinct pathways and that MNs in culture and in the sciatic nerve in situ are intrinsically different in the uptake and axonal transport of PV. ..
- Yago T, Nanke Y, Ichikawa N, Kobashigawa T, Mogi M, Kamatani N, et al. IL-17 induces osteoclastogenesis from human monocytes alone in the absence of osteoblasts, which is potently inhibited by anti-TNF-alpha antibody: a novel mechanism of osteoclastogenesis by IL-17. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:947-55 pubmed publisher..The present study clearly demonstrated the novel mechanism by which IL-17 directly induces osteoclastogenesis from human monocytes alone. In addition, infliximab potently inhibits the osteoclastogenesis directly induced by IL-17. ..
- Igarashi T, Miyake K, Masuda I, Takahashi H, Shimada T. Adeno-associated vector (type 8)-mediated expression of soluble Flt-1 efficiently inhibits neovascularization in a murine choroidal neovascularization model. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21:631-7 pubmed publisher..In vivo gene therapy thus appears to be a feasible approach to the clinical management of CNV in conditions such as age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Takada Y, Hisamatsu T, Kamada N, Kitazume M, Honda H, Oshima Y, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 contributes to gut homeostasis and intestinal inflammation by composition of IL-10-producing regulatory macrophage subset. J Immunol. 2010;184:2671-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MCP-1-dependent LPM2 subset may play an important role in maintenance of gut homeostasis in the steady state, and in the termination of excess inflammatory responses in the intestine, by producing IL-10. ..
- Hayashi Y, Matsunaga T, Yamamoto G, Nishii K, Usui M, Yamamoto M, et al. Comprehensive analysis of gene expression in the junctional epithelium by laser microdissection and microarray analysis. J Periodontal Res. 2010;45:618-25 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to perform a comprehensive analysis of gene expression in the junctional epithelium and to search for specific genetic markers of the junctional epithelium...
- Horiguchi K, Sakamoto K, Koinuma D, Semba K, Inoue A, Inoue S, et al. TGF-? drives epithelial-mesenchymal transition through ?EF1-mediated downregulation of ESRP. Oncogene. 2012;31:3190-201 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ?EF1 family proteins repress the expression of ESRPs to regulate alternative splicing during TGF-?-induced EMT and the progression of breast cancers. ..
- Takase O, Yoshikawa M, Idei M, Hirahashi J, Fujita T, Takato T, et al. The role of NF-?B signaling in the maintenance of pluripotency of human induced pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56399 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the augmentation of NF-?B signaling maintains the undifferentiated state of human iPS and suggest the importance of this signaling pathway in maintenance of human iPS cells. ..
- Ichimura Y, Waguri S, Sou Y, Kageyama S, Hasegawa J, Ishimura R, et al. Phosphorylation of p62 activates the Keap1-Nrf2 pathway during selective autophagy. Mol Cell. 2013;51:618-31 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that selective autophagy and the Keap1-Nrf2 pathway are interdependent, and that inhibitors of the interaction between phosphorylated p62 and Keap1 have potential as therapeutic agents against human HCC. ..
- Ishii K, Adachi T, Yasukawa J, Suzuki Y, Hamamoto H, Sekimizu K. Induction of virulence gene expression in Staphylococcus aureus by pulmonary surfactant. Infect Immun. 2014;82:1500-10 pubmed publisher..aureus resists membrane stress caused by free fatty acids present in the pulmonary surfactant through the regulation of virulence gene expression, which contributes to its pathogenesis within the lungs of the host animal. ..
- Obata Y, Kaneko ishino T, Koide T, Takai Y, Ueda T, Domeki I, et al. Disruption of primary imprinting during oocyte growth leads to the modified expression of imprinted genes during embryogenesis. Development. 1998;125:1553-60 pubmed..Thus, our results show that primary imprinting during oocyte growth exhibits a crucial effect on both the expression and repression of maternal alleles during embryogenesis. ..
- Yamada H, Mizumo S, Horai R, Iwakura Y, Sugawara I. Protective role of interleukin-1 in mycobacterial infection in IL-1 alpha/beta double-knockout mice. Lab Invest. 2000;80:759-67 pubmed..Our data clearly indicate that IL-1 is important for the generation of early-phase protective immunity against mycobacterial infection. ..
- Kim J, Kanai Y, Chairoungdua A, Cha S, Matsuo H, Kim D, et al. Human cystine/glutamate transporter: cDNA cloning and upregulation by oxidative stress in glioma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1512:335-44 pubmed..Because of this highly regulated nature, xCT in glial cells would fulfill the task to protect neurons against oxidative stress by providing suitable amount of cystine to produce glutathione. ..
- Horiuchi Y, Takahashi M, Konda T, Ochiai M, Yamamoto A, Kataoka M, et al. Quality control of diphtheria tetanus acellular pertussis combined (DTaP) vaccines in Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2001;54:167-80 pubmed..The success of the Japanese DTaP vaccination suggests the possibility of an effective quality control of DTaP vaccines by means of standardized test systems. ..
- Yoshida T, Müller E, Stears R, Shirota S, Tsuchiya K, Akiba T, et al. Osmoadaptation-related genes in inner medulla of mouse kidney using microarray. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:250-7 pubmed..Using real-time PCR, we confirmed the expression of six genes. Additionally acute osmotic stress induced the BTG. By comparing the inner medulla to a mIMCD3, we identified genes which respond to acute and chronic hyperosmotic stress. ..
- Nonaka S, Naito T, Chen H, Yamamoto M, Moro K, Kiyono H, et al. Intestinal gamma delta T cells develop in mice lacking thymus, all lymph nodes, Peyer's patches, and isolated lymphoid follicles. J Immunol. 2005;174:1906-12 pubmed..These findings indicate that all LN, including mesenteric LN, PP, and isolated lymphoid follicles, are not an absolute requirement for the development of gammadelta-IEL in athymic nu/nu mice. ..
- Yuwaki K, Okuno M. Relationship between the stress of hyper-gravity and food intake and growth rate in mouse. Biol Sci Space. 2004;18:175-6 pubmed..Increases both in the growth rate of the body weight and the food intake were closely related to the decrease in the amount of corticosterone. It is likely that hyper-gravity affects the growth rate via internal secretion. ..
- Yamazaki T, Enosawa S, Tsukiyama T, Tokiwa T. Presence of side-population cells in an immortalized nontumorigenic human liver epithelial cell line. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2008;44:6-9 pubmed..This is the first report of the presence of SP cells in the immortalized, nontumorigenic human liver cell line. ..
- Sugita S, Usui Y, Horie S, Futagami Y, Aburatani H, Okazaki T, et al. T-cell suppression by programmed cell death 1 ligand 1 on retinal pigment epithelium during inflammatory conditions. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:2862-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the authors propose that in vitro, Th1 cytokine-exposed ocular resident cells can express this molecule and it is this expression that causes the suppression of the bystander Th1-type cells. ..
- Sekine S, Ogawa R, Ito R, Hiraoka N, McManus M, Kanai Y, et al. Disruption of Dicer1 induces dysregulated fetal gene expression and promotes hepatocarcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:2304-2315.e1-4 pubmed publisher..Loss of Dicer primarily impairs hepatocyte survival but can promote hepatocarcinogenesis in cooperation with additional oncogenic stimuli. ..
- Fukuda K, Saikawa Y, Ohashi M, Kumagai K, Kitajima M, Okano H, et al. Tumor initiating potential of side population cells in human gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1201-7 pubmed
- Shibata S, Marushima H, Asakura T, Matsuura T, Eda H, Aoki K, et al. Three-dimensional culture using a radial flow bioreactor induces matrix metalloprotease 7-mediated EMT-like process in tumor cells via TGFbeta1/Smad pathway. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1433-48 pubmed..3D culture of tumor cells in the RFB is a useful tool for cancer experimental biology and evaluation of cancer therapeutic-like systems in nude mice. ..
- Sato H, Taketomi Y, Isogai Y, Masuda S, Kobayashi T, Yamamoto K, et al. Group III secreted phospholipase A2 transgenic mice spontaneously develop inflammation. Biochem J. 2009;421:17-27 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations provide the first demonstration of spontaneous development of inflammation in mice with Tg overexpression of mammalian sPLA2. ..
- Karube A, Suzuki J, Haraguchi G, Maejima Y, Saiki H, Kosuge H, et al. Suppression of neointimal hyperplasia after vascular injury by blocking 4-1BB/4-1BB ligand pathway. J Med Dent Sci. 2008;55:207-13 pubmed..27, n=9). 4-1BB inhibits neointimal hyperplasia after vascular injury. Our findings suggest that 4-1BB is involved in injury-induced neointimal hyperplasia and may be an effective target for the treatment of neointimal hyperplasia. ..
- Kaneda M, Ito K, Shigematsu Y, Shimoda Y. The OFF-pathway dominance of P2X(2)-purinoceptors is formed without visual experience. Neurosci Res. 2010;66:86-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the OFF-pathway dominance of P2X(2)-signaling in the mouse retina is intrinsically programmed. ..
- Kamdar R, Matsumoto Y. Radiation-induced XRCC4 association with chromatin DNA analyzed by biochemical fractionation. J Radiat Res. 2010;51:303-13 pubmed..These results would provide us with useful experimental tools and important insights to understand the DNA repair process through NHEJ pathway. ..
- Matsuoka M. History and characteristics of isolates maintained at the leprosy research center. Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2010;79:247-56 pubmed..The Leprosy Research Center provides bacillary materials as experimental resources at researchers' request. ..
- Takasugi N, Sasaki T, Suzuki K, Osawa S, Isshiki H, Hori Y, et al. BACE1 activity is modulated by cell-associated sphingosine-1-phosphate. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6850-7 pubmed publisher..Notably, the relative activity of SphK2 was upregulated in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. The unique modulatory effect of cellular S1P on BACE1 activity is a novel potential therapeutic target for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Shinoda M, Asano M, Omagari D, Honda K, Hitomi S, Katagiri A, et al. Nerve growth factor contribution via transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 to ectopic orofacial pain. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7145-55 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that inflammation in the lower lip induces release of NGF that regulates TRPV1 expression in TG neurons. This TRPV1 overexpression may underlie ectopic heat hyperalgesia in the whisker pad skin. ..
- Inami Y, Yamashina S, Izumi K, Ueno T, Tanida I, Ikejima K, et al. Hepatic steatosis inhibits autophagic proteolysis via impairment of autophagosomal acidification and cathepsin expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412:618-25 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that lipid accumulation blunts autophagic proteolysis via impairment of autophagosomal acidification and cathepsin expression. ..
- Ishijima S, Hayama K, Burton J, Reid G, Okada M, Matsushita Y, et al. Effect of Streptococcus salivarius K12 on the in vitro growth of Candida albicans and its protective effect in an oral candidiasis model. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:2190-9 pubmed publisher..S. salivarius K12 may be useful as a probiotic as a protective tool for oral care, especially with regard to candidiasis. ..
- Nishida C, Kusubata K, Tashiro Y, Gritli I, Sato A, Ohki Koizumi M, et al. MT1-MMP plays a critical role in hematopoiesis by regulating HIF-mediated chemokine/cytokine gene transcription within niche cells. Blood. 2012;119:5405-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, MT1-MMP in niche cells regulates postnatal hematopoiesis, by modulating hematopoietic HIF-dependent niche factors that are critical for terminal differentiation and migration. ..
- Yasui F, Sudoh M, Arai M, Kohara M. Synthetic lipophilic antioxidant BO-653 suppresses HCV replication. J Med Virol. 2013;85:241-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that both the lipophilic property and the antioxidant activity of BO-653 play an important role in the inhibition of HCV replication. ..
- Popiel H, Takeuchi T, Fujita H, Yamamoto K, Ito C, Yamane H, et al. Hsp40 gene therapy exerts therapeutic effects on polyglutamine disease mice via a non-cell autonomous mechanism. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51069 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate for the first time the therapeutic effect of Hsp40 gene therapy on the neurological phenotypes of polyQ disease mice. ..
- Xiao Y, Woo W, Nagao K, Li W, Terunuma A, Mukouyama Y, et al. Perivascular hair follicle stem cells associate with a venule annulus. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2324-2331 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that the upper bulge is associated with a perivascular niche during the establishment and maintenance of this specialized region of hair follicle stem cells. ..
- Nakamura Y, Nakano N, Ishimaru K, Hara M, Ikegami T, Tahara Y, et al. Circadian regulation of allergic reactions by the mast cell clock in mice. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:568-75 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel regulatory mechanism for IgE-mediated mast cell responses that might underlie the circadian pathophysiology in patients with allergic diseases. ..
- Kuwata K, Inoue K, Ichimura R, Takahashi M, Kodama Y, Yoshida M. Constitutive active/androstane receptor, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor Î±, and cytotoxicity are involved in oxadiazon-induced liver tumor development in mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;88:75-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that CAR, PPARÎ± activation, and cytotoxicity were involved in the development of liver tumors. Moreover, porphyrin was not apparently involved in OX-induced tumor development. ..
- Tanimura Y, Aoi W, Takanami Y, Kawai Y, Mizushima K, Naito Y, et al. Acute exercise increases fibroblast growth factor 21 in metabolic organs and circulation. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Moreover, results show that acute exercise increased the expression of fibroblast growth factor 21 in skeletal muscle, accompanied by the phosphorylation of Akt in mice. ..
- Takeshima H, Ikemoto T, Nishi M, Nishiyama N, Shimuta M, Sugitani Y, et al. Generation and characterization of mutant mice lacking ryanodine receptor type 3. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:19649-52 pubmed..These results indicate that the loss of RyR-3 causes no gross abnormalities and suggest that the lack of RyR-3-mediated Ca2+ signaling results in abnormalities of certain neurons in the central nervous system. ..
- Aoki K, Inazawa J, Takahashi T, Nakahara K, Kasai M. Genomic structure and chromosomal localization of the gene encoding translin, a recombination hotspot binding protein. Genomics. 1997;43:237-41 pubmed..In situ hybridization and physical mapping of somatic cell hybrids allowed localization of the gene to human chromosome 2q21.1. ..
- Suzuki T, Miura M, Nishimura K, Aosaki T. Dopamine-dependent synaptic plasticity in the striatal cholinergic interneurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6492-501 pubmed..This dual mechanism of synaptic plasticity may be responsible for the long-term modulation of the cortico/thalamostriatal synaptic transmission. ..
- Katagiri H, Tanaka K, Manabe T. Requirement of appropriate glutamate concentrations in the synaptic cleft for hippocampal LTP induction. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;14:547-53 pubmed..These findings suggest that GLT-1 plays critical roles in LTP induction, as well as in short-term potentiation, through regulation of extracellular levels of glutamate, which enables appropriate NMDA receptor activation...
- Kawai Yamada M, Jin L, Yoshinaga K, Hirata A, Uchimiya H. Mammalian Bax-induced plant cell death can be down-regulated by overexpression of Arabidopsis Bax Inhibitor-1 (AtBI-1). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12295-300 pubmed..Thus, we present here direct genetic evidence that the plant antiapoptotic protein AtBI-1 is biologically active in suppressing the mammalian Bax action in planta. ..
- Hashimoto T, Wakabayashi T, Watanabe A, Kowa H, Hosoda R, Nakamura A, et al. CLAC: a novel Alzheimer amyloid plaque component derived from a transmembrane precursor, CLAC-P/collagen type XXV. EMBO J. 2002;21:1524-34 pubmed..Both secreted and membrane-tethered forms of CLAC-P/collagen type XXV specifically bound to fibrillized Abeta, implicating these proteins in beta-amyloidogenesis and neuronal degeneration in AD. ..
- Shimizu S, Kondo M, Miyamoto Y, Hayashi M. Foxa (HNF3) up-regulates vitronectin expression during retinoic acid-induced differentiation in mouse neuroblastoma Neuro2a cells. Cell Struct Funct. 2002;27:181-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Foxa up-regulates the vitronectin expression during the retinoic acid-induced differentiation in Neuro2a cells. ..
- Ohba H, Chiyoda T, Endo E, Yano M, Hayakawa Y, Sakaguchi M, et al. Sox21 is a repressor of neuronal differentiation and is antagonized by YB-1. Neurosci Lett. 2004;358:157-60 pubmed..These results suggest that Sox21 is a repressor of neuronal differentiation in the developing nervous system. ..
- Honda K, Yanai H, Mizutani T, Negishi H, Shimada N, Suzuki N, et al. Role of a transductional-transcriptional processor complex involving MyD88 and IRF-7 in Toll-like receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15416-21 pubmed..Thus, we propose that this molecular complex may function as a cytoplasmic transductional-transcriptional processor. ..
- Shindo S, Numazawa S, Yoshida T. A physiological role of AMP-activated protein kinase in phenobarbital-mediated constitutive androstane receptor activation and CYP2B induction. Biochem J. 2007;401:735-41 pubmed..These observations suggest that AMPK is at least partly involved in phenobarbital-originated signalling, but the kinase activation by itself is not sufficient for CYP2B induction in vivo. ..
- Ito K, Takubo K, Arai F, Satoh H, Matsuoka S, Ohmura M, et al. Regulation of reactive oxygen species by Atm is essential for proper response to DNA double-strand breaks in lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2007;178:103-10 pubmed..We conclude that Atm-mediated ROS regulation is essential for proper DNA recombination, preventing immunodeficiency, and lymphomagenesis. ..
- Akihisa T, Tokuda H, Ukiya M, Kiyota A, Yasukawa K, Sakamoto N, et al. Anti-tumor-initiating effects of monascin, an azaphilonoid pigment from the extract of Monascus pilosus fermented rice (red-mold rice). Chem Biodivers. 2005;2:1305-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that compound 1 may be valuable as potential cancer chemopreventive agent in chemical and environmental carcinogenesis...
- Yamagata T, Kusuhara H, Morishita M, Takayama K, Benameur H, Sugiyama Y. Improvement of the oral drug absorption of topotecan through the inhibition of intestinal xenobiotic efflux transporter, breast cancer resistance protein, by excipients. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1142-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Pluronic P85 and Tween 20 can improve the oral bioavailability of BCRP substrates by inhibiting BCRP function in the small intestine...
- Nakamura K, Hirai H, Torashima T, Miyazaki T, Tsurui H, Xiu Y, et al. CD3 and immunoglobulin G Fc receptor regulate cerebellar functions. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5128-34 pubmed..These results indicate that diverse immune molecules play critical roles in the functional establishment in the cerebellum. ..
- Nagashima O, Harada N, Usui Y, Yamazaki T, Yagita H, Okumura K, et al. B7-H3 contributes to the development of pathogenic Th2 cells in a murine model of asthma. J Immunol. 2008;181:4062-71 pubmed..These results indicated an important role for B7-H3 in the development of pathogenic Th2 cells during the induction phase in a murine model of asthma. ..
- Naito T, Shiohara T, Hibi T, Suematsu M, Ishikawa H. ROR gamma t is dispensable for the development of intestinal mucosal T cells. Mucosal Immunol. 2008;1:198-207 pubmed publisher..These results clearly reassert the intraintestinal differentiation of the body's largest peripheral T cell subpopulation. ..
- Takeyama N, Ano Y, Wu G, Kubota N, Saeki K, Sakudo A, et al. Localization of insulinoma associated protein 2, IA-2 in mouse neuroendocrine tissues using two novel monoclonal antibodies. Life Sci. 2009;84:678-87 pubmed publisher..The IA-2 distribution in peripheral neurons appeared more intensely in neurites rather than in the cell bodies. ..