Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Publications1099 found, 100 shown here
- Oyamada N, Sone M, Miyashita K, Park K, Taura D, Inuzuka M, et al. The role of mineralocorticoid receptor expression in brain remodeling after cerebral ischemia. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3764-77 pubmed publisher..By these beneficial effects, the infarct volume was significantly reduced in spironolactone-treated mice. Spironolactone may thus provide therapeutic neuroprotective effects in the ischemic brain after stroke. ..
- Kitaori T, Ito H, Schwarz E, Tsutsumi R, Yoshitomi H, Oishi S, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1/CXCR4 signaling is critical for the recruitment of mesenchymal stem cells to the fracture site during skeletal repair in a mouse model. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:813-23 pubmed publisher..SDF-1 is induced in the periosteum of injured bone and promotes endochondral bone repair by recruiting mesenchymal stem cells to the site of injury. ..
- Nishiura H, Kido M, Aoki N, Iwamoto S, Maruoka R, Ikeda A, et al. Increased susceptibility to autoimmune gastritis in thymic stromal lymphopoietin receptor-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2012;188:190-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggested that TSLP negatively regulates the development of AIG. ..
- Sowa N, Horie T, Kuwabara Y, Baba O, Watanabe S, Nishi H, et al. MicroRNA 26b encoded by the intron of small CTD phosphatase (SCP) 1 has an antagonistic effect on its host gene. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3455-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SCP1 itself has the potential to induce cardiac hypertrophy; however, the effect is suppressed by intronic miR-26b in cardiomyocytes. miR-26b has an antagonistic effect on its host gene SCP1. ..
- Sakai H, Sato T, Sakurai H, Yamamoto T, Hanaoka K, Montarras D, et al. Fetal skeletal muscle progenitors have regenerative capacity after intramuscular engraftment in dystrophin deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63016 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the regenerative capability of FMPs in the context of muscle repair and cell therapy for degenerative muscle disease. ..
- Yura S, Itoh H, Sagawa N, Yamamoto H, Masuzaki H, Nakao K, et al. Role of premature leptin surge in obesity resulting from intrauterine undernutrition. Cell Metab. 2005;1:371-8 pubmed..The present study suggests that the premature leptin surge alters energy regulation by the hypothalamus and contributes to "developmental origins of health and disease." ..
- Kitamura T, Fujishita T, Loetscher P, Revesz L, Hashida H, Kizaka Kondoh S, et al. Inactivation of chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 1 (CCR1) suppresses colon cancer liver metastasis by blocking accumulation of immature myeloid cells in a mouse model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13063-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CCR1 antagonists can provide antimetastatic therapies for patients with disseminated colon cancer in the liver. ..
- Saito Y, Yamagishi N, Hatayama T. Different localization of Hsp105 family proteins in mammalian cells. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3707-17 pubmed..Thus, the different localization of Hsp105alpha and Hsp105beta is suggested to be due to the suppressed NLS activity in Hsp105alpha. ..
- Ushiki T, Kizaka Kondoh S, Ashihara E, Tanaka S, Masuko M, Hirai H, et al. Noninvasive tracking of donor cell homing by near-infrared fluorescence imaging shortly after bone marrow transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11114 pubmed publisher..NIRF labeling is useful for tracking transplanted cells in the initial phase after BMT, and this approach can contribute to in vivo studies aimed at improving the therapeutic outcomes of BMT. ..
- Mitsumori T, Furuyashiki T, Momiyama T, Nishi A, Shuto T, Hayakawa T, et al. Thromboxane receptor activation enhances striatal dopamine release, leading to suppression of GABAergic transmission and enhanced sugar intake. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:594-604 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TP stimulation in the striatum locally facilitates dopamine overflow evoked by synaptic inputs via NO synthesis in endothelial cells. ..
- Narukawa M, Morita K, Uemura M, Kitada R, Oh S, Hayashi Y. Nerve and behavioral responses of mice to various umami substances. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:2125-31 pubmed..L-theanine showed synergy with IMP but did not have an umami taste without IMP. In contrast, betaine did not have an umami taste or synergy with IMP. D-MSG might have weak synergy with IMP. ..
- Ariyasu H, Takaya K, Hosoda H, Iwakura H, Ebihara K, Mori K, et al. Delayed short-term secretory regulation of ghrelin in obese animals: evidenced by a specific RIA for the active form of ghrelin. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3341-50 pubmed..These data suggest that the short-term secretory regulation of total ghrelin and the active form of ghrelin is delayed in obese animals and that blood glucose levels may be involved in the delayed regulation. ..
- Shimaoka T, Seino K, Kume N, Minami M, Nishime C, Suematsu M, et al. Critical role for CXC chemokine ligand 16 (SR-PSOX) in Th1 response mediated by NKT cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:8172-9 pubmed..Taken together, SR-PSOX/CXCL16 plays an important role in not only the production of IFN-gamma by NKT cells, but also promotion of Th1-inclined immune responses mediated by NKT cells. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Takagi J, Miyamae T, Yokota S, Fujimoto T, Nakamura S, et al. Milk fat globule EGF factor 8 in the serum of human patients of systemic lupus erythematosus. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:1300-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the aberrant expression of MFG-E8 is involved in the pathoetiology of some cases of hSLE. ..
- Wing K, Onishi Y, Prieto Martin P, Yamaguchi T, Miyara M, Fehervari Z, et al. CTLA-4 control over Foxp3+ regulatory T cell function. Science. 2008;322:271-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, natural Tregs may critically require CTLA-4 to suppress immune responses by affecting the potency of antigen-presenting cells to activate other T cells. ..
- Hashimoto Okada M, Kitawaki T, Kadowaki N, Iwata S, Morimoto C, Hori T, et al. The CD70-CD27 interaction during the stimulation with dendritic cells promotes naive CD4(+) T cells to develop into T cells producing a broad array of immunostimulatory cytokines in humans. Int Immunol. 2009;21:891-904 pubmed publisher
- Hotta Y, Nakamura H, Konishi M, Murata Y, Takagi H, Matsumura S, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 21 regulates lipolysis in white adipose tissue but is not required for ketogenesis and triglyceride clearance in liver. Endocrinology. 2009;150:4625-33 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that Fgf21 regulates lipolysis in adipocytes in response to the metabolic state but is not required for ketogenesis and triglyceride clearance in the liver. ..
- Ito Y, Usui T, Kobayashi S, Iguchi Hashimoto M, Ito H, Yoshitomi H, et al. Gamma/delta T cells are the predominant source of interleukin-17 in affected joints in collagen-induced arthritis, but not in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:2294-303 pubmed publisher..The involvement of IL-17-producing gamma/delta T cells in SKG mice with autoimmune arthritis and patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) was also investigated...
- Matsui T, Leung D, Miyashita H, Maksakova I, Miyachi H, Kimura H, et al. Proviral silencing in embryonic stem cells requires the histone methyltransferase ESET. Nature. 2010;464:927-31 pubmed publisher..We propose that a DNA-methylation-independent pathway involving KAP1 and ESET/ESET-mediated H3K9me3 is required for proviral silencing during the period early in embryogenesis when DNA methylation is dynamically reprogrammed. ..
- Unoki N, Murakami T, Nishijima K, Ogino K, Van Rooijen N, Yoshimura N. SDF-1/CXCR4 contributes to the activation of tip cells and microglia in retinal angiogenesis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3362-71 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS. SDF-1/CXCR4 promotes retinal angiogenesis by both tip cell activation and the indirect angiogenic effects of microglia. ..
- Murata K, Kitaori T, Oishi S, Watanabe N, Yoshitomi H, Tanida S, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1 regulates the actin organization of chondrocytes and chondrocyte hypertrophy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37163 pubmed publisher..These data suggests that SDF-1 regulates the actin organization and stimulates bone growth by mediating chondrocyte hypertrophy. ..
- Hirai H, Kamio N, Huang G, Matsusue A, Ogino S, Kimura N, et al. Cyclic AMP responsive element binding proteins are involved in 'emergency' granulopoiesis through the upregulation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein ?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54862 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CREB proteins are involved in the regulation of granulopoiesis via C/EBP? upregulation. ..
- Amagase K, Yoshida Y, Hara D, Murakami T, Takeuchi K. Prophylactic effect of egualen sodium, a stable azulene derivative, on gastrointestinal damage induced by ischemia/reperfusion, double antiplatelet therapy and loxoprofen in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013;64:65-75 pubmed
- Doi Y, Itoh M, Yonemura S, Ishihara S, Takano H, Noda T, et al. Normal development of mice and unimpaired cell adhesion/cell motility/actin-based cytoskeleton without compensatory up-regulation of ezrin or radixin in moesin gene knockout. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:2315-21 pubmed..These findings favor the notion that ERM proteins are functionally redundant at the cellular as well as the whole body level. ..
- Kataoka H, Murayama T, Yokode M, Mori S, Sano H, Ozaki H, et al. A novel snail-related transcription factor Smuc regulates basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor activities via specific E-box motifs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:626-33 pubmed..Thus, Smuc might regulate bHLH transcription factors by zinc finger domains competing for E-box binding, and non-zinc finger repressor domains might also confer transcriptional repression to control differentiation processes. ..
- Yanagawa S, Lee J, Kakimi K, Matsuda Y, Honjo T, Ishimoto A. Identification of Notch1 as a frequent target for provirus insertional mutagenesis in T-cell lymphomas induced by leukemogenic mutants of mouse mammary tumor virus. J Virol. 2000;74:9786-91 pubmed..Thus, Notch1 is a major target of provirus insertional mutagenesis in these T-cell lymphomas. ..
- Ito S, Fujimori T, Hayashizaki Y, Nabeshima Y. Identification of a novel mouse membrane-bound family 1 glycosidase-like protein, which carries an atypical active site structure. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1576:341-5 pubmed..klph mRNA was predominantly expressed in the kidney and skin. Epitope-tagged KLPH was localized to the perinuclear tubular network structure of the endoplasmic reticulum in cultured cells. ..
- Matsuda H, Morikawa T, Ando S, Oominami H, Murakami T, Kimura I, et al. Absolute stereostructures of polypodane- and octanordammarane-type triterpenes with nitric oxide production inhibitory activity from guggul-gum resins. Bioorg Med Chem. 2004;12:3037-46 pubmed..The several constituents showed inhibitory effects on nitric oxide production and induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase. ..
- Kimura H, Tada M, Nakatsuji N, Tada T. Histone code modifications on pluripotential nuclei of reprogrammed somatic cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5710-20 pubmed
- Tsukiyama K, Yamada Y, Miyawaki K, Hamasaki A, Nagashima K, Hosokawa M, et al. Gastric inhibitory polypeptide is the major insulinotropic factor in K(ATP) null mice. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;151:407-12 pubmed..2-knockout mice were similarly insulin sensitive as assessed by the insulin tolerance test. GIP is the major insulinotropic factor in the secretion of insulin in response to glucose load in K(ATP) channel-deficient mice. ..
- Aihara E, Hayashi M, Sasaki Y, Kobata A, Takeuchi K. Mechanisms underlying capsaicin-stimulated secretion in the stomach: comparison with mucosal acidification. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;315:423-32 pubmed
- Harada H, Kizaka Kondoh S, Li G, Itasaka S, Shibuya K, Inoue M, et al. Significance of HIF-1-active cells in angiogenesis and radioresistance. Oncogene. 2007;26:7508-16 pubmed..These results further strengthen the argument that HIF-1-active/hypoxic cells play crucial roles in angiogenesis and radioresistance. ..
- Nakamura Y, Ogura M, Tanaka D, Inagaki N. Localization of mouse mitochondrial SIRT proteins: shift of SIRT3 to nucleus by co-expression with SIRT5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:174-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the SIRT3, SIRT4, and SIRT5 proteins exert distinct functions in mitochondria. In addition, the SIRT3 protein might function in nucleus. ..
- Onishi Y, Fehervari Z, Yamaguchi T, Sakaguchi S. Foxp3+ natural regulatory T cells preferentially form aggregates on dendritic cells in vitro and actively inhibit their maturation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10113-8 pubmed publisher..Both steps prevent antigen-reactive naïve T cells from being activated by antigen-presenting DCs, resulting in specific immune suppression and tolerance. ..
- Kometani K, Moriyama M, Nakashima Y, Katayama Y, Wang S, Yamasaki S, et al. Essential role of Rap signal in pre-TCR-mediated beta-selection checkpoint in alphabeta T-cell development. Blood. 2008;112:4565-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that endogenous Rap GTPases downstream of pre-TCR play an essential role in rescuing pre-T cells from the p53-mediated checkpoint response, thus allowing Notch-mediated expansion and differentiation. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Takehashi M, Takashima S, Lee J, Morimoto H, Chuma S, et al. Homing of mouse spermatogonial stem cells to germline niche depends on beta1-integrin. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:533-42 pubmed publisher..These results identify beta1-integrin as an essential adhesion receptor for SSC homing and its association with laminin is critical in multiple steps of SSC homing. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Kato Itoh M, Ikawa M, Takehashi M, Sanbo M, Morioka Y, et al. Homologous recombination in rat germline stem cells. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:208-17 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, our results demonstrate the feasibility of gene targeting in rat GS cells and pave the way toward the generation of KO rats...
- Ohishi A, Keno Y, Marumiya A, Sudo Y, Uda Y, Matsuda K, et al. Expression level of P2X7 receptor is a determinant of ATP-induced death of mouse cultured neurons. Neuroscience. 2016;319:35-45 pubmed publisher..Overall, we reveal that neuronal vulnerability to ATP depends on the expression level of P2X7R, and co-existence of astrocytes exacerbates ATP-induced neuronal death. ..
- Hasan M, Nishimoto A, Ohgita T, Hama S, Kashida H, Asanuma H, et al. Faint electric treatment-induced rapid and efficient delivery of extraneous hydrophilic molecules into the cytoplasm. J Control Release. 2016;228:20-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated for the first time that faint ET can enhance cellular uptake and cytoplasmic delivery of extraneous molecules. ..
- Fukuda A, Kawaguchi Y, Furuyama K, Kodama S, Horiguchi M, Kuhara T, et al. Reduction of Ptf1a gene dosage causes pancreatic hypoplasia and diabetes in mice. Diabetes. 2008;57:2421-31 pubmed publisher..Some neonatal diabetes may be caused by mutation or single nucleotide polymorphisms in the Ptf1a gene that reduce gene expression levels. ..
- Hamazaki Y, Itoh M, Sasaki H, Furuse M, Tsukita S. Multi-PDZ domain protein 1 (MUPP1) is concentrated at tight junctions through its possible interaction with claudin-1 and junctional adhesion molecule. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:455-61 pubmed
- Ye S, Agata Y, Lee H, Kurooka H, Kitamura T, Shimizu A, et al. The IL-7 receptor controls the accessibility of the TCRgamma locus by Stat5 and histone acetylation. Immunity. 2001;15:813-23 pubmed..Therefore, these results suggest that Stat5 may recruit the transcriptional coactivators to the Jgamma germline promoter and control the accessibility of the TCRgamma locus by histone acetylation. ..
- Ito T, Shimada Y, Hashimoto Y, Kaganoi J, Kan T, Watanabe G, et al. Involvement of TSLC1 in progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:6320-6 pubmed..01). These findings suggest that loss of TSLC1 expression has an important role in tumor growth, cell motility, and invasion and is associated with aggressive tumor behavior in ESCC. ..
- Nakanishi R, Shimizu M, Mori M, Akiyama H, Okudaira S, Otsuki B, et al. Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 is a negative regulator of peak BMD in SAMP6 mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21:1713-21 pubmed..P2-13. In SAMP6 mice, Sfrp4 negatively regulates bone formation and decreases BMD through the inhibition of Wnt signaling. ..
- Nakaji K, Ihara M, Takahashi C, Itohara S, Noda M, Takahashi R, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of white matter lesions after chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in rodents. Stroke. 2006;37:2816-23 pubmed
- Ikenouchi J, Umeda K, Tsukita S, Furuse M, Tsukita S. Requirement of ZO-1 for the formation of belt-like adherens junctions during epithelial cell polarization. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:779-86 pubmed..The requirement for ZO-1 differs between belt-like AJ and TJ formation. We propose that ZO-1 is directly involved in the establishment of two distinct junctional domains, belt-like AJs and TJs, during epithelial polarization. ..
- Lee J, Kanatsu Shinohara M, Ogonuki N, Miki H, Inoue K, Morimoto T, et al. Heritable imprinting defect caused by epigenetic abnormalities in mouse spermatogonial stem cells. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:518-27 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that fetal germ cells have a limited ability to become pluripotent cells and lose the ability to undergo epigenetic reprogramming by in vitro culture. ..
- Kiyonaka S, Kato K, Nishida M, Mio K, Numaga T, Sawaguchi Y, et al. Selective and direct inhibition of TRPC3 channels underlies biological activities of a pyrazole compound. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5400-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, the TRPC3-selective inhibitor Pyr3 is a powerful tool to study in vivo function of TRPC3, suggesting a pharmaceutical potential of Pyr3 in treatments of TRPC3-related diseases such as cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Suenaga M, Matsui T, Funaba M. BMP Inhibition with dorsomorphin limits adipogenic potential of preadipocytes. J Vet Med Sci. 2010;72:373-7 pubmed..The present study indicated that activation of BMP signaling in preadipocytes is required for these cells to initiate the adipogenic program. ..
- Fujita Y, Ihara M, Ushiki T, Hirai H, Kizaka Kondoh S, Hiraoka M, et al. Early protective effect of bone marrow mononuclear cells against ischemic white matter damage through augmentation of cerebral blood flow. Stroke. 2010;41:2938-43 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest promise for the application of BMMNCs for subcortical ischemic vascular dementia. ..
- Satou Y, Yasunaga J, Zhao T, Yoshida M, Miyazato P, Takai K, et al. HTLV-1 bZIP factor induces T-cell lymphoma and systemic inflammation in vivo. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001274 pubmed publisher..HBZ could physically interact with Foxp3 and NFAT, thereby impairing the suppressive function of T(reg) cells. Thus, the expression of HBZ in CD4+ T cells is a key mechanism of HTLV-1-induced neoplastic and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Aoki T, Nishimura M, Matsuoka T, Yamamoto K, Furuyashiki T, Kataoka H, et al. PGE(2) -EP(2) signalling in endothelium is activated by haemodynamic stress and induces cerebral aneurysm through an amplifying loop via NF-?B. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;163:1237-49 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that shear stress activated PGE(2) -EP(2) pathway in ECs and amplified chronic inflammation via NF-?B. We propose EP(2) as a therapeutic target in cerebral aneurysm. ..
- Yasunaga J, Matsuoka M. Molecular mechanisms of HTLV-1 infection and pathogenesis. Int J Hematol. 2011;94:435-42 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize recent progress in HTLV-1 research, and especially novel findings on viral transmission and leukemogenic mechanisms by two viral oncogenes, HBZ and tax. ..
- Nagao K, Takahashi K, Azuma Y, Takada M, Kimura Y, Matsuo M, et al. ATP hydrolysis-dependent conformational changes in the extracellular domain of ABCA1 are associated with apoA-I binding. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:126-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ATP hydrolysis at both NBDs induces conformational changes in the ECDs, which are associated with apoA-I binding and cholesterol efflux...
- Ikeda Y, Yamaji R, Irie K, Kioka N, Murakami A. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase regulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression by targeting mRNA stability. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2012;528:141-7 pubmed publisher..Confocal microscopy observation revealed that LPS exposure reduced the localization of GAPDH in nuclei. Our results indicate that GAPDH negatively regulates COX-2 by binding to its ARE. ..
- Hori M, Nakamachi T, Rakwal R, Shibato J, Ogawa T, Aiuchi T, et al. Transcriptomics and proteomics analyses of the PACAP38 influenced ischemic brain in permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion model mice. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:256 pubmed publisher..This study provides a detailed inventory of PACAP influenced gene expressions and protein targets in mice ischemic brain, and suggests new targets for thereaupetic interventions. ..
- Narukawa M, Tsujitani T, Ueno Y, Nakano Ooka K, Miyamoto Kokubo N, Sawano S, et al. Evaluation of the suppressive effect on bitter taste of gluconate. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76:2282-8 pubmed..In sum, gluconate had a suppressive effect on the bitter taste of QHCl, which might have been caused by depression of gustatory nerve activity. ..
- Nishioka K, Kishida T, Masui S, Mazda O. De novo CpG methylation on an artificial chromosome-like vector maintained for a long-term in mammalian cells. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:731-40 pubmed publisher..CpG methylation thus was not solely dependent on the nucleotide sequence at the DNA locus. The epigenosome may become a useful tool to study the mechanisms of epigenetic regulation of a genetic region of interest in mammalian cells. ..
- Matsumiya M, Tomita T, Yoshioka Kobayashi K, Isomura A, Kageyama R. ES cell-derived presomitic mesoderm-like tissues for analysis of synchronized oscillations in the segmentation clock. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..This method is applicable to chemical-library screening and will facilitate the analysis of the molecular nature of the segmentation clock. ..
- Ukai Y, Taniguchi N, Takeshita K, Ogasawara T, Kimura K. Enhancement of salivary secretion by chronic anethole trithione treatment. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther. 1988;294:248-58 pubmed..These results suggest that chronic treatment with ANTT may enhance salivary secretion by stimulating the postjunctional secretory process involved in the parasympathetic nervous system. ..
- Akiba S, Mizunaga S, Kume K, Hayama M, Sato T. Involvement of group VI Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 in protein kinase C-dependent arachidonic acid liberation in zymosan-stimulated macrophage-like P388D1 cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19906-12 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that zymosan may stimulate iPLA2-mediated AA liberation, probably through a PKC-dependent mechanism. ..
- Saitou M, Furuse M, Sasaki H, Schulzke J, Fromm M, Takano H, et al. Complex phenotype of mice lacking occludin, a component of tight junction strands. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4131-42 pubmed..These phenotypes suggested that the functions of TJs as well as occludin are more complex than previously supposed. ..
- Muroyama Y, Fujihara M, Ikeya M, Kondoh H, Takada S. Wnt signaling plays an essential role in neuronal specification of the dorsal spinal cord. Genes Dev. 2002;16:548-53 pubmed..Thus, Wnt signaling plays a critical role in the specification of cell types for dorsal interneurons. ..
- Sakamaki K, Inoue T, Asano M, Sudo K, Kazama H, Sakagami J, et al. Ex vivo whole-embryo culture of caspase-8-deficient embryos normalize their aberrant phenotypes in the developing neural tube and heart. Cell Death Differ. 2002;9:1196-206 pubmed..5-E11.5, suggesting that these defects are most likely secondary to a lack of physiological caspase-8 activity. Taken together, these results suggest that caspase-8 is indispensable for embryonic development. ..
- Oshima Y, Sato K, Tashiro F, Miyazaki J, Nishida K, Hiraki Y, et al. Anti-angiogenic action of the C-terminal domain of tenomodulin that shares homology with chondromodulin-I. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2731-44 pubmed..Hence, we have demonstrated that, similarly to ChM-1, the C-terminal domain of TeM exhibits both anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activities when expressed in a secreted form. ..
- Tokoyoda K, Egawa T, Sugiyama T, Choi B, Nagasawa T. Cellular niches controlling B lymphocyte behavior within bone marrow during development. Immunity. 2004;20:707-18 pubmed..We demonstrate the B lymphocyte characteristic location and movement between specific niches within bone marrow during development and suggest that CXCL12 maintains the cells in the niche. ..
- Yamagishi N, Ishihara K, Hatayama T. Hsp105alpha suppresses Hsc70 chaperone activity by inhibiting Hsc70 ATPase activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41727-33 pubmed
- Tsukamoto N, Itoi M, Nishikawa M, Amagai T. Lack of Delta like 1 and 4 expressions in nude thymus anlages. Cell Immunol. 2005;234:77-80 pubmed..In contrast, epithelial cells of the nude thymus anlages express neither Dll1 nor Dll4. These results indicate that expressions of Dll1 and Dll4 in thymic epithelial cells are regulated by Foxn1 transcriptional factor. ..
- Hatakeyama J, Kageyama R. Notch1 expression is spatiotemporally correlated with neurogenesis and negatively regulated by Notch1-independent Hes genes in the developing nervous system. Cereb Cortex. 2006;16 Suppl 1:i132-7 pubmed..We propose that initiation of Notch1 expression is one of the key features for switch from the symmetric to asymmetric cell divisions of neural stem cells and that this process is negatively regulated by Notch1-independent Hes genes. ..
- Kitadokoro K, Kamitani S, Miyazawa M, Hanajima Ozawa M, Fukui A, Miyake M, et al. Crystal structures reveal a thiol protease-like catalytic triad in the C-terminal region of Pasteurella multocida toxin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5139-44 pubmed..Our results indicate that PMT is an enzyme toxin carrying the cysteine protease-like catalytic triad dependent on the redox state and functions on the cytoplasmic face of the plasma membrane of target cells...
- Hayase T. Chronologically overlapping occurrences of nicotine-induced anxiety- and depression-related behavioral symptoms: effects of anxiolytic and cannabinoid drugs. BMC Neurosci. 2007;8:76 pubmed
- Koizumi A. [Toward a more rational field-genetic epidemiology]. Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi. 2010;65:37-47 pubmed..This newly proposed method is expected to provide polymorphisms, which have large odds ratios, requiring only minimum research budgets...
- Kumada T, Yamanaka Y, Kitano A, Shibata M, Awaya T, Kato T, et al. Ttyh1, a Ca(2+)-binding protein localized to the endoplasmic reticulum, is required for early embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2233-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Ttyh1 plays an indispensable role during mitosis in early embryogenesis, possibly by maintaining Ca(2+) homeostasis in the ER. ..
- Nagura H, Doi T, Fujiyoshi Y. Characterization of physiological phenotypes of dentate gyrus synapses of PDZ1/2 domain-deficient PSD-95-knockin mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2016;43:618-25 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data also indicate increased silent synapses in the DG of the KI mice. These findings suggest that abnormal protein expression and physiological properties disrupt the function of DG neurons in these KI mice. ..
- Takahashi M, Kubo T, Mizoguchi A, Carlson C, Endo K, Ohnishi K. Spontaneous muscle action potentials fail to develop without fetal-type acetylcholine receptors. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:674-81 pubmed..Results suggest a requirement for gamma-AChRs in mediating synaptically-induced action potential activity critical for neuromuscular development. ..
- Minami I, Kengaku M, Smitt P, Shigemoto R, Hirano T. Long-term potentiation of mGluR1 activity by depolarization-induced Homer1a in mouse cerebellar Purkinje neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1023-32 pubmed
- Ono K, Iwanaga Y, Hirayama M, Kawamura T, Sowa N, Hasegawa K. Contribution of caveolin-1 alpha and Akt to TNF-alpha-induced cell death. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;287:L201-9 pubmed..In summary, our results indicate that caveolin-1 alpha preferentially sensitizes L929 cells to TNF-alpha through the activation of a PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Kimura I, Yoshioka M, Konishi M, Miyake A, Itoh N. Neudesin, a novel secreted protein with a unique primary structure and neurotrophic activity. J Neurosci Res. 2005;79:287-94 pubmed..The identification of neudesin, a novel secreted protein with a unique primary structure and neurotrophic activity, will provide new insights into the development and maintenance of neuron ..
- Koshimizu T, Nasa Y, Tanoue A, Oikawa R, Kawahara Y, Kiyono Y, et al. V1a vasopressin receptors maintain normal blood pressure by regulating circulating blood volume and baroreflex sensitivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7807-12 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the V1a receptor plays an important role in normal resting arterial BP regulation mainly by its regulation of circulating blood volume and baroreflex sensitivity. ..
- Nakamura S, Okazaki Y, Ninomiya K, Morikawa T, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M. Medicinal flowers. XXIV. Chemical structures and hepatoprotective effects of constituents from flowers of Hedychium coronarium. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008;56:1704-9 pubmed..In addition, the principal constituents, coronaririn C and 15-hydroxylabda-8(17),11,13-trien-16,15-olide, displayed hepatoprotective effects, which were stronger than that of the hepatoprotective agent, silybin. ..
- Okudaira S, Shimizu M, Otsuki B, Nakanishi R, Ohta A, Higuchi K, et al. Quantitative trait locus on chromosome X affects bone loss after maturation in mice. J Bone Miner Metab. 2010;28:520-31 pubmed publisher..These results were observed in female mice, but not in male mice. In conclusion, a QTL within a segregated 45.6-cM interval on Chr X is sex-specifically related to the rate of bone loss after maturation. ..
- Iwakura H, Ariyasu H, Hosoda H, Yamada G, Hosoda K, Nakao K, et al. Oxytocin and dopamine stimulate ghrelin secretion by the ghrelin-producing cell line, MGN3-1 in vitro. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2619-25 pubmed publisher..These findings will provide new direction for further studies seeking to further understand the regulation of ghrelin secretion, which will in turn lead to greater understanding of the physiological role of ghrelin. ..
- Kawamoto M, Horibe T, Kohno M, Kawakami K. A novel transferrin receptor-targeted hybrid peptide disintegrates cancer cell membrane to induce rapid killing of cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:359 pubmed publisher..The intravenous administration of TfR-lytic peptide in the athymic mice model significantly inhibited tumor progression. TfR-lytic peptide might provide a potent and selective anticancer therapy for patients. ..
- Sakamoto S, Ishizaki T, Okawa K, Watanabe S, Arakawa T, Watanabe N, et al. Liprin-? controls stress fiber formation by binding to mDia and regulating its membrane localization. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:108-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, Liprin-? negatively regulates the activity of mDia in the cell by displacing it from the plasma membrane through binding to the DID-DD region. ..