Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Aichi, Japan
Locale: Aichi, Japan
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Kagawa T, Oba A, Okumura S, Ikenaka K. Localization of mRNA for UDP-galactose: ceramide galactosyltransferase in the brain during mouse development. Dev Neurosci. 1996;18:309-18 pubmed..After birth, they were distributed in caudal-to-rostral and ventral-to-dorsal gradients. This study shows that CGT mRNA is a good marker for localizing oligodendrocytes, and appears just before the GalC-positive stage. ..
- Zhuo L, Salustri A, Kimata K. A physiological function of serum proteoglycan bikunin: the chondroitin sulfate moiety plays a central role. Glycoconj J. 2002;19:241-7 pubmed..Therefore, the chondroitin sulfate moiety of bikunin is essential for presenting SHAP to hyaluronan, which is indispensable for ovulation and fertilization in mammals. ..
- Dagvadorj J, Naiki Y, Tumurkhuu G, Hassan F, Islam S, Koide N, et al. Interleukin-10 inhibits tumor necrosis factor-alpha production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells through reduced MyD88 expression. Innate Immun. 2008;14:109-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, IL-10 was suggested to inhibit LPS-induced TNF-alpha production via reduced MyD88 expression. ..
- Nakatani M, Kokubo M, Ohsawa Y, Sunada Y, Tsuchida K. Follistatin-derived peptide expression in muscle decreases adipose tissue mass and prevents hepatic steatosis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011;300:E543-53 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that inhibiting myostatin with a follistatin-derived peptide provides a novel therapeutic option to decrease adipocyte size, prevent obesity and hepatic steatosis, and improve glucose tolerance. ..
- Kurahashi H, Tsutsumi M, Nishiyama S, Kogo H, Inagaki H, Ohye T. Molecular basis of maternal age-related increase in oocyte aneuploidy. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2012;52:8-15 pubmed publisher..The present review focuses on the current understanding of age-related aneuploidy and provides an overview of the mechanisms involved. We refer to recent data to illustrate some of the new paradigms that have arisen in this field. ..
- Masaki S, Watanabe T. The gene Bfsp1 for the lens fiber cell beaded-filament structural protein CP94 maps to mouse chromosome 2. Genomics. 1994;22:449-50 pubmed..The results indicated that Bfsp1 maps at position 58 (+/- 6) on chromosome 2, in the vicinity of the blind-sterile (bs) locus. ..
- Koide N, Naiki Y, Morikawa A, Tumurkhuu G, Dagvadorj J, Noman A, et al. Nystatin-induced nitric oxide production in mouse macrophage-like cell line RAW264.7. Microbiol Immunol. 2009;53:295-300 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that a moderate concentration of nystatin induces NO production by Na-pump activation through the PI3 kinase/Akt/NF-kappaB pathway without affecting the condition of lipid rafts. ..
- Yokoyama A, Nomura R, Kurosumi M, Shimomura A, Onouchi T, Iizuka Kogo A, et al. The C-terminal domain of the adenomatous polyposis coli (Apc) protein is involved in thyroid morphogenesis and function. Med Mol Morphol. 2011;44:207-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the C-terminal domain of Apc is involved in thyroid morphology and function. ..
- Nagao S, Kugita M, Yoshihara D, Yamaguchi T. Animal models for human polycystic kidney disease. Exp Anim. 2012;61:477-88 pubmed..Therefore, experimental animal models are indispensable for investigating molecular mechanisms of PKD onset and progression as well as potential therapeutic treatments...
- Taniguchi K, Sakai M, Sugito N, Kumazaki M, Shinohara H, Yamada N, et al. PTBP1-associated microRNA-1 and -133b suppress the Warburg effect in colorectal tumors. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18940-52 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that PTBP1 and PTBP1-associated miR-1 and -133b are crucial molecules for the maintenance of the Warburg effect in colorectal tumors. ..
- Miura K, Kurosawa Y, Kanai Y. Calcium-binding activity of nucleobindin mediated by an EF hand moiety. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;199:1388-93 pubmed..However, addition of Ca2+ ions did not seem to cause any change in DNA-binding activity. ..
- Hosoya H, Ishikawa K, Dohi N, Marunouchi T. Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of pr22 (Op18) with proliferation control. Cell Struct Funct. 1996;21:237-43 pubmed..N-terminal truncated Pr22 was also detected in these phases. These results suggest that Pr22 may have an additional role other than just functioning in association with microtubules. ..
- Ivanova A, Nakahira E, Kagawa T, Oba A, Wada T, Takebayashi H, et al. Evidence for a second wave of oligodendrogenesis in the postnatal cerebral cortex of the mouse. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:581-92 pubmed..In the second wave, there might be two different types of precursor cells: PLP/DM20(+) cells populating only inner layers and PDGFRalpha(+) cells, which might eventually myelinate the outer regions as well. ..
- Uekawa N, Terauchi K, Nishikimi A, Shimada J, Maruyama M. Expression of TARSH gene in MEFs senescence and its potential implication in human lung cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1031-8 pubmed..Thus, TARSH presumably represents a trigger gene for evoking cellular senescence, which has also been suggested to be involved in the prevention of tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhuo L, Kanamori A, Kannagi R, Itano N, Wu J, Hamaguchi M, et al. SHAP potentiates the CD44-mediated leukocyte adhesion to the hyaluronan substratum. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20303-14 pubmed..Leukocytes infiltrated to the synovium were strongly positive for HA, SHAP, and CD44 on their surfaces, suggesting a role for the adhesion-enhancing effect of SHAP in pathogenesis. ..
- Hasegawa A, Naruse M, Hitoshi S, Iwasaki Y, Takebayashi H, Ikenaka K. Regulation of glial development by cystatin C. J Neurochem. 2007;100:12-22 pubmed..The antibody increased the number of oligodendrocytes and their precursors. Therefore, CysC modifies glial development in addition to its activity against neural stem/precursor cells. ..
- Ohshima Y, Yajima I, Takeda K, Iida M, Kumasaka M, Matsumoto Y, et al. c-RET molecule in malignant melanoma from oncogenic RET-carrying transgenic mice and human cell lines. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10279 pubmed publisher..Taken together with the finding of augmented proliferation of HM3KO cells after GDNF stimulation, our results suggest that GDNF-mediated c-RET kinase activation is associated with the pathogenesis of malignant melanoma. ..
- Watanabe T, Masaki S, Takahashi N, Nishimura M, Kato H. Restriction fragment length polymorphism and chromosome mapping of a mouse homeo box gene, Hox-2.1. Biochem Genet. 1988;26:805-13 pubmed..Three-point cross test data showed that the recombination frequency is 29.6% between the Hba and the Hox-2.1 genes and 23.5% between the Hox-2.1 and the Es-3 genes. The gene order of Hba-Hox-2.1-Es-3 has been confirmed. ..
- Kozawa O, Suzuki A, Watanabe Y, Shinoda J, Oiso Y. Effect of platelet-derived growth factor on phosphatidylcholine-hydrolyzing phospholipase D in osteoblast-like cells. Endocrinology. 1995;136:4473-8 pubmed
- Hashimoto K, Hirai M, Kurosawa Y. Identification of a mouse homolog for the human hereditary haemochromatosis candidate gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;230:35-9 pubmed..This mouse gene should be important in clarifying a possible role in iron metabolism. ..
- Honda S, Harada N, Ito S, Takagi Y, Maeda S. Disruption of sexual behavior in male aromatase-deficient mice lacking exons 1 and 2 of the cyp19 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;252:445-9 pubmed..These results suggest an important participation of the aromatase gene in the reproductive behaviors. ..
- Niimi T, Hayashi Y, Sekiguchi K. Identification of an upstream enhancer in the mouse laminin alpha 1 gene defining its high level of expression in parietal endoderm cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9332-8 pubmed..The proteins binding to PBS2 and PBS4 were identified as the Sp1/Sp3 family of transcription factors and YY1, respectively. ..
- Maeno Y, Nakazawa S, Nagashima S, Sasaki J, Higo K, Taniguchi K. Utility of the dried blood on filter paper as a source of cytokine mRNA for the analysis of immunoreactions in Plasmodium yoelii infection. Acta Trop. 2003;87:295-300 pubmed..These results suggested that the dried blood on filter paper is satisfactory RNA source for immunological examination in field-based studies. ..
- Futaki S, Hayashi Y, Emoto T, Weber C, Sekiguchi K. Sox7 plays crucial roles in parietal endoderm differentiation in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells through regulating Gata-4 and Gata-6 expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10492-503 pubmed..Sox7 is therefore required for the induction of Gata-4 and Gata-6, and the interplay among these transcription factors plays a crucial role in parietal endoderm differentiation. ..
- Matsubara M, Jing T, Kawamura K, Shimojo N, Titani K, Hashimoto K, et al. Myristoyl moiety of HIV Nef is involved in regulation of the interaction with calmodulin in vivo. Protein Sci. 2005;14:494-503 pubmed..These results for the interaction between HIV Nef and calmodulin in the cells suggested that the Nef might interfere with intracellular Ca(2+) signaling through calmodulin-mediated interactions in infected cells. ..
- Koide N, Ito H, Mu M, Sugiyama T, Hassan F, Islam S, et al. Inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 augments nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2005;45:213-9 pubmed..The results suggest that Erk1/2 might negatively regulate NO production in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Ichihara Tanaka K, Oohira A, Rumsby M, Muramatsu T. Neuroglycan C is a novel midkine receptor involved in process elongation of oligodendroglial precursor-like cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30857-64 pubmed..Based on these results, we conclude that neuroglycan C is a novel component of midkine receptors involved in process elongation. ..
- Iizuka Kogo A, Ishidao T, Akiyama T, Senda T. Abnormal development of urogenital organs in Dlgh1-deficient mice. Development. 2007;134:1799-807 pubmed..Our findings might contribute to a better understanding of such abnormalities. ..
- Kawagishi H, Wakoh T, Uno H, Maruyama M, Moriya A, Morikawa S, et al. Hzf regulates adipogenesis through translational control of C/EBPalpha. EMBO J. 2008;27:1481-90 pubmed publisher..Hzf physically interacts with the 3' untranslated region of C/EBPalpha mRNA to enhance its translation. Taken together, these findings underscore a critical role of Hzf in the adipogenesis regulatory cascade. ..
- Yamamoto N, Majima K, Marunouchi T. A study of the proliferating activity in lens epithelium and the identification of tissue-type stem cells. Med Mol Morphol. 2008;41:83-91 pubmed publisher..Considering together with results of the reactivation pattern of genes, we considered that the location of tissue-type stem cells in lens epithelium (LE) as immediately anterior to the germinative zone...
- Tsutsui K, Manabe R, Yamada T, Nakano I, Oguri Y, Keene D, et al. ADAMTSL-6 is a novel extracellular matrix protein that binds to fibrillin-1 and promotes fibrillin-1 fibril formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4870-82 pubmed publisher..All together, these results indicated that ADAMTSL-6 is a novel microfibril-associated protein that binds directly to fibrillin-1 and promotes fibrillin-1 matrix assembly. ..
- Fukuo Y, Kishi T, Okochi T, Kitajima T, Tsunoka T, Okumukura T, et al. Lack of association between MAGEL2 and schizophrenia and mood disorders in the Japanese population. Neuromolecular Med. 2010;12:285-91 pubmed publisher..A replication study using larger samples may be required for conclusive results, since our sample size was small and our study analyzed only three SNPs in MAGEL2. ..
- Abe Y, Okamura K, Kawaguchi M, Hozumi Y, Aoki H, Kunisada T, et al. Rhododenol-induced leukoderma in a mouse model mimicking Japanese skin. J Dermatol Sci. 2016;81:35-43 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that RD exerted tyrosinase-dependent melanocyte cytotoxicity and that tyrosinase-dependent accumulation of ER stress from activation of the autophagy pathway contributed to melanocyte cytotoxicity. ..
- Hayasaka D, Nishi K, Fuchigami T, Shiogama K, Onouchi T, Shimada S, et al. 18F-FDG PET imaging for identifying the dynamics of intestinal disease caused by SFTSV infection in a mouse model. Oncotarget. 2016;7:140-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide potentially useful information for preclinical studies such as the elucidation of the mechanism of SFTSV infection in vivo and the assessment of drugs for SFTS treatment. ..
- Nishio Y, Fujino M, Cai S, Kitajima Y, Saito T, Tsumura H, et al. Impaired CD98 signaling protects against graft-versus-host disease by increasing regulatory T cells. Transpl Immunol. 2016;35:34-9 pubmed publisher..These findings are expected to make it possible to develop novel approaches for the prevention of GvHD. ..
- Nakamura T, Ueno Y, Goda Y, Nakamura A, Shinjo K, Nagahisa A. Efficacy of a selective histamine H2 receptor agonist, dimaprit, in experimental models of endotoxin shock and hepatitis in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 1997;322:83-9 pubmed..These results suggest that activation of the histamine H2 receptor downregulates the production of TNF-alpha, and that histamine may be an important regulator in pathological conditions in which TNF-alpha plays an important role. ..
- Nishihara E, Furuyama T, Yamashita S, Mori N. Expression of copper trafficking genes in the mouse brain. Neuroreport. 1998;9:3259-63 pubmed..We suggest that these genes may regulate copper concentration in the brain through the choroid plexus. ..
- Mori S, Kadokawa Y, Hoshinaga K, Marunouchi T. Sequential activation of Notch family receptors during mouse spermatogenesis. Dev Growth Differ. 2003;45:7-13 pubmed..These results suggest that different Notch signals are sequentially activated during mouse spermatogenesis and control the proliferation and differentiation of spermatogenic stem cells. ..
- Wakahara K, Kobayashi H, Yagyu T, Matsuzaki H, Kondo T, Kurita N, et al. Bikunin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced lethality through down-regulation of tumor necrosis factor- alpha and interleukin-1 beta in macrophages. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:930-8 pubmed..These data allow us to speculate that the increased sensitivity of Bik(-/-) mice to LPS-induced death in vivo is due to a lack of circulating bikunin in plasma. Bikunin may play a role as a potent anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Yamada S, Niwa J, Ishigaki S, Takahashi M, Ito T, Sone J, et al. Archaeal proteasomes effectively degrade aggregation-prone proteins and reduce cellular toxicities in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:23842-51 pubmed..Our study showed that archaeal proteasomes can degrade aggregation-prone proteins whose toxic gain of function causes neurodegradation and reduce protein cellular toxicity. ..
- Murata Y, Wakoh T, Uekawa N, Sugimoto M, Asai A, Miyazaki T, et al. Death-associated protein 3 regulates cellular senescence through oxidative stress response. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6093-9 pubmed..Thus, our study offers an insight into the potential regulatory function of mitochondrial DAP3 involved in cellular senescence. ..
- Okada A, Nomura S, Saeki Y, Higashibata Y, Hamamoto S, Hirose M, et al. Morphological conversion of calcium oxalate crystals into stones is regulated by osteopontin in mouse kidney. J Bone Miner Res. 2008;23:1629-37 pubmed publisher..We concluded that OPN plays a crucial role in the morphological conversion of calcium oxalate crystals to stones in mouse kidneys. ..
- Nakao N, Kurokawa T, Nonami T, Tumurkhuu G, Koide N, Yokochi T. Hydrogen peroxide induces the production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells via activation of p38 and stress-activated protein kinase. Innate Immun. 2008;14:190-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, H( 2) O(2) was suggested to induce TNF-alpha production in macrophages via activating p38 and SAPK/JNK as oxidative stress-related signal pathways. ..
- Naruse Y, Aoki T, Kojima T, Mori N. Neural restrictive silencer factor recruits mSin3 and histone deacetylase complex to repress neuron-specific target genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13691-6 pubmed
- Habuchi H, Habuchi O, Kimata K. Sulfation pattern in glycosaminoglycan: does it have a code?. Glycoconj J. 2004;21:47-52 pubmed..In knock-down experiments of heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferase, 6-O-sulfated units in HS have been shown to act as a stimulator or suppressor according to individual GF/morphogen signaling systems. ..
- Senda T, Iizuka Kogo A, Shimomura A. Visualization of the nuclear lamina in mouse anterior pituitary cells and immunocytochemical detection of lamin A/C by quick-freeze freeze-substitution electron microscopy. J Histochem Cytochem. 2005;53:497-507 pubmed..These results suggest that the nuclear lamina can be preserved both ultrastructurally and immunocytochemically by quick-freezing fixation, rather than by conventional chemical fixation. ..
- Sawada H, Ishiguro H, Nishii K, Yamada K, Tsuchida K, Takahashi H, et al. Characterization of neuron-specific huntingtin aggregates in human huntingtin knock-in mice. Neurosci Res. 2007;57:559-73 pubmed..Our results indicate that the polyglutamine aggregates do not necessarily correlate with neuronal death. These human huntingtin knock-in mice should be useful to provide an effective therapeutic approach against HD. ..
- Ishikawa A, Li C. Development and characterization of a congenic strain carrying Pbwg12, a growth QTL on mouse chromosome 12. Exp Anim. 2010;59:109-13 pubmed..A new QTL with a male-specific effect on kidney weight was discovered within the introgressed region. ..
- Yokochi T, Fujii Y, Nakashima I, Asai J, Kiuchi M, Kojima K, et al. A murine model of experimental autoimmune lens-induced uveitis using Klebsiella O3 lipopolysaccharide as a potent immunological adjuvant. Int J Exp Pathol. 1993;74:573-82 pubmed..This might be useful to model immunological phenomena in the pathogenesis of human phacoantigenic uveitis...
- Shimizu T, Sasaki K, Kato M, Arimitsu H, Ochi S, Shigemori N, et al. Induction of thymus-derived gammadelta T Cells by Escherichia coli enterotoxin b subunit in peritoneal cavities of mice. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2005;12:157-64 pubmed..These gammadelta T cells may be functionally involved in specific Th2 responses to the B subunit, which possibly acts as an adjuvant through the influence of alphabeta T cells. ..
- Takeda K, Hara H. [Abeta vaccination and treatment of Alzheimer's disease]. No To Shinkei. 2005;57:867-76 pubmed
- Shimoda M, Horiuchi K, Sasaki A, Tsukamoto T, Okabayashi K, Hasegawa H, et al. Epithelial Cell-Derived a Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase-17 Confers Resistance to Colonic Inflammation Through EGFR Activation. EBioMedicine. 2016;5:114-24 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that maintaining ADAM17-EGFR epithelial signaling is necessary for the recovery from UC and would be beneficial to therapeutic strategies targeting ADAM17-mediated TNF-? shedding. ..
- Ichihara Tanaka K, Kadomatsu K, Kishida S. Temporally and Spatially Regulated Expression of the Linker Histone H1fx During Mouse Development. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;65:513-530 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that H1fx is preferentially expressed in immature embryonic cells and plays some roles in cells with neural properties. ..
- Kuroda M, Muramatsu R, Maedera N, Koyama Y, Hamaguchi M, Fujimura H, et al. Peripherally derived FGF21 promotes remyelination in the central nervous system. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3496-3509 pubmed publisher..Vascular barrier disruption is a common feature of many CNS disorders; thus, our findings reveal a potentially important role for the peripheral milieu in promoting CNS regeneration. ..
- Nagao S, Takahashi H. Linkage analysis of two murine polycystic kidney disease genes, pcy and cpk. Jikken Dobutsu. 1991;40:557-60 pubmed..A segregation test indicated that the two genes are inherited independently. This indicates that the cpk and pcy genes are not alleles and that the genetic mechanism of PKD pathogenesis in the mouse is different from that in the Cy rat. ..
- Habuchi H, Nagai N, Sugaya N, Atsumi F, Stevens R, Kimata K. Mice deficient in heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferase-1 exhibit defective heparan sulfate biosynthesis, abnormal placentation, and late embryonic lethality. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15578-88 pubmed..Thus, despite the presence of three closely related 6-O-sulfotransferase genes in the mouse genome, HS6ST-1 is the primary one used in HS biosynthesis in most tissues. ..
- Tsutsumi M, Kowa Sugiyama H, Bolor H, Kogo H, Inagaki H, Ohye T, et al. Screening of genes involved in chromosome segregation during meiosis I: in vitro gene transfer to mouse fetal oocytes. J Hum Genet. 2012;57:515-22 pubmed publisher..This gene set can thus serve as a resource for targeted sequence analysis via next-generation sequencing to identify the genes associated with human reproduction failure due to meiotic defects. ..
- Matsubara T, Aoki N, Honjoh T, Mizumachi K, Kurisaki J, Okajima T, et al. Absorption, migration and kinetics in peripheral blood of orally administered ovalbumin in a mouse model. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2555-65 pubmed..Such stable absorption and blood kinetics of undigested ovalbumin in normal mice suggest some sort of physiological significance for the intestinal uptake of intact food proteins. ..
- Noguchi H, Nakai Y, Ueda M, Masui Y, Futaki S, Kobayashi N, et al. Activation of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway during islet transplantation and prevention of islet graft loss by intraportal injection of JNK inhibitor. Diabetologia. 2007;50:612-9 pubmed
- Sugaya N, Habuchi H, Nagai N, Ashikari Hada S, Kimata K. 6-O-sulfation of heparan sulfate differentially regulates various fibroblast growth factor-dependent signalings in culture. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10366-76 pubmed publisher..5-fold higher than that of HS from WT-MEFs. Thus, 6-O-sulfate in HS may regulate the signalings of some of HB-GFs, including FGFs, by inducing different interactions between ligands and their receptors. ..
- Narita T, Ishida T, Ito A, Masaki A, Kinoshita S, Suzuki S, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 9 is a novel specific molecular target in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Blood. 2017;130:1114-1124 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study indicates that BAY 1143572 showed strong potential as a novel treatment of ATL. ..
- Okada A, Nomura S, Higashibata Y, Hirose M, Gao B, Yoshimura M, et al. Successful formation of calcium oxalate crystal deposition in mouse kidney by intraabdominal glyoxylate injection. Urol Res. 2007;35:89-99 pubmed..The differing response to hyperoxaluric stress between mice and rats possibly contributes to the molecular mechanism of kidney stone formation and will aid preventive medicine in the future. ..
- Kogo H, Kowa Sugiyama H, Yamada K, Bolor H, Tsutsumi M, Ohye T, et al. Screening of genes involved in chromosome segregation during meiosis I: toward the identification of genes responsible for infertility in humans. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:293-9 pubmed publisher..These 726 candidates for human infertility genes might serve as a useful resource for next-generation sequencing combined with exon capture by microarray...
- Matsumoto K, Shionyu M, Go M, Shimizu K, Shinomura T, Kimata K, et al. Distinct interaction of versican/PG-M with hyaluronan and link protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41205-12 pubmed..These results provide important insights into the mechanisms of formation of the proteoglycan aggregate and HA binding of molecules containing the link module. ..
- Islam S, Hassan F, Tumurkhuu G, Ito H, Koide N, Mori I, et al. Lipopolysaccharide prevents apoptosis induced by brefeldin A, an endoplasmic reticulum stress agent, in RAW 264.7 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:589-96 pubmed..Therefore, LPS was suggested to diminish the stress of ER/Golgi complexes induced by brefeldin A and inhibit apoptosis. The preventive action of LPS on brefeldin A-induced apoptosis is discussed. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Goto H, Yokoyama T, Sillje H, Hanisch A, Uldschmid A, et al. Phosphorylation by Cdk1 induces Plk1-mediated vimentin phosphorylation during mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:431-6 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicated a novel mechanism that Cdk1 regulated mitotic vimentin phosphorylation via not only a direct enzyme reaction but also Plk1 recruitment to vimentin. ..
- Fujita H, Shimizu K, Yamamoto Y, Ito A, Kamihira M, Nagamori E. Fabrication of scaffold-free contractile skeletal muscle tissue using magnetite-incorporated myogenic C2C12 cells. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2010;4:437-43 pubmed publisher..The scaffold-free skeletal muscle tissue engineering technique presented in this study will be useful for regenerative medicine, drug screening or use as a bio-actuator. ..
- Qiao S, Li W, Tsubouchi R, Haneda M, Murakami K, Yoshino M. Involvement of peroxynitrite in capsaicin-induced apoptosis of C6 glioma cells. Neurosci Res. 2005;51:175-83 pubmed..These results suggest that peroxynitrite can act as a potential mediator in the capsaicin-induced apoptosis in C6 glioma cells. ..
- Nakata M, Sano K, Musatov S, Yamaguchi N, Sakamoto T, Ogawa S. Effects of Prepubertal or Adult Site-Specific Knockdown of Estrogen Receptor ? in the Medial Preoptic Area and Medial Amygdala on Social Behaviors in Male Mice. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that ER? in the MPOA and MeA are involved in the regulation of male sexual and aggressive behavior in a manner substantially different from that of ER?. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Udagawa N, Matsuura S, Nakamichi Y, Horiuchi H, Hosoya A, et al. Osteoblasts provide a suitable microenvironment for the action of receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3366-74 pubmed..These results suggest that osteoblasts also play important roles in osteoclastogenesis through offering the critical microenvironment for the action of RANKL. ..
- Nakatani M, Takehara Y, Sugino H, Matsumoto M, Hashimoto O, Hasegawa Y, et al. Transgenic expression of a myostatin inhibitor derived from follistatin increases skeletal muscle mass and ameliorates dystrophic pathology in mdx mice. FASEB J. 2008;22:477-87 pubmed..Muscle strength is also recovered in the mdx/FS I-I mice. These results indicate that myostatin blockade by FS I-I has a therapeutic potential for muscular dystrophy. ..
- Badamtseren B, Odkhuu E, Koide N, Haque A, Naiki Y, Hashimoto S, et al. Thalidomide inhibits interferon-?-mediated nitric oxide production in mouse vascular endothelial cells. Cell Immunol. 2011;270:19-24 pubmed publisher..A phosphatase inhibitor, sodium orthovanadate, abolished the inhibitory action of thalidomide. Therefore, thalidomide was suggested to inhibit IFN-?-induced NO production via impaired STAT1 phosphorylation. ..
- Tsunekawa Imai N, Miwa H, Shikami M, Suganuma K, Goto M, Mizuno S, et al. Growth of xenotransplanted leukemia cells is influenced by diet nutrients and is attenuated with 2-deoxyglucose. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1132-6 pubmed publisher..2-Deoxyglucose inhibited the growth of NB4 by cell death because main energy producing pathway (glycolysis) was abolished, while 2-deoxyglucose slowed the growth of THP-1 by shifting energy metabolism to fatty acid ?-oxidation. ..
- Fujita K, Yamauchi M, Matsui T, Titani K, Takahashi H, Kato T, et al. Increase of glial fibrillary acidic protein fragments in the spinal cord of motor neuron degeneration mutant mouse. Brain Res. 1998;785:31-40 pubmed
- Shimoda H, Tanaka J, Takahara Y, Takemoto K, Shan S, Su M. The hypocholesterolemic effects of Cistanche tubulosa extract, a Chinese traditional crude medicine, in mice. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:1125-38 pubmed..Acteoside was involved in the hypocholesterolemic activity of CTE...
- Nomura T, Ichinose H, Sumi Ichinose C, Nomura H, Hagino Y, Fujita K, et al. Cloning and sequencing of cDNA encoding mouse GTP cyclohydrolase I. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;191:523-7 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence of mouse GTP cyclohydrolase I was found to be highly homologous to rat (96%) and human type 1 (89%) enzymes. ..
- Fujita K, Shibayama K, Yamauchi M, Kato T, Ando M, Takahashi H, et al. Alteration of enzymatic activities implicating neuronal degeneration in the spinal cord of the motor neuron degeneration mouse during postnatal development. Neurochem Res. 1998;23:557-62 pubmed..These biochemical alterations became evident prior to the appearance of clinical motor dysfunction which were observed in later stages of development in Mnd spinal cord. ..
- Feng G, Yamada M, Wongsawatkul O, Li C, Huang L, An J, et al. Role of naofen, a novel WD repeat-containing protein, in reducing nitric oxide-induced relaxation. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;35:1447-53 pubmed publisher..The findings reinforce the functional significance of naofen-N-terminal protein on rat vascular reactivity. ..
- Sakakibara S, Yamauchi T, Oshima Y, Tsukamoto Y, Kadowaki T. Acetic acid activates hepatic AMPK and reduces hyperglycemia in diabetic KK-A(y) mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:597-604 pubmed..These results indicate that the hypoglycemic effect of AcOH might be due to activation of AMPK in the liver. ..
- Sudo K, Ito H, Iwamoto I, Morishita R, Asano T, Nagata K. SEPT9 sequence alternations causing hereditary neuralgic amyotrophy are associated with altered interactions with SEPT4/SEPT11 and resistance to Rho/Rhotekin-signaling. Hum Mutat. 2007;28:1005-13 pubmed..Sequence variations in SEPT9 causing HNA are thus likely to alter modes of interaction with partner molecules in cells, and consequently contribute to the pathogenesis of HNA. ..
- Tsukamoto K, Arimitsu H, Ochi S, Nakamura K, Tanaka Y, Nuemket N, et al. P19 embryonal carcinoma cells exhibit high sensitivity to botulinum type C and D/C mosaic neurotoxins. Microbiol Immunol. 2012;56:664-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that differentiated P19 cells possess full sensitivity to BoNT/C and BoNT/DC, thus making them a novel susceptible cell line for research into BoNTs. ..
- Suzuki H, Wu J, Hossain K, Ohhata T, Du J, Akhand A, et al. Involvement of MKK6 in TCRalphabeta(int)CD69lo: a target population for apoptotic cell death in thymocytes. FASEB J. 2003;17:1538-40 pubmed..These results indicate that MKK6 plays a role in the developing thymocytes, especially in the population of TCRalphabeta(int)CD69lo cells, which possibly undergo negative selection. ..
- Ito A, Yamamoto Y, Sato M, Ikeda K, Yamamoto M, Fujita H, et al. Induction of functional tissue-engineered skeletal muscle constructs by defined electrical stimulation. Sci Rep. 2014;4:4781 pubmed publisher..5%Pt, which was increased to 50-60%Pt as the tissues developed. This technique may be a useful approach to fabricate tissue-engineered functional skeletal muscle constructs. ..
- Shimbo M, Suzuki R, Fuseya S, Sato T, Kiyohara K, Hagiwara K, et al. Postnatal lethality and chondrodysplasia in mice lacking both chondroitin sulfate N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-1 and -2. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0190333 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose that both t1 and t2 are necessary for CS synthesis and normal chondrocyte differentiation but are not sufficient for all CS synthesis in cartilage. ..
- Abe Dohmae S, Takagi Y, Harada N. Autonomous expression of aromatase during development of mouse brain is modulated by neurotransmitters. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1997;61:299-306 pubmed
- Noman A, Koide N, Iftakhar E Khuda I, Dagvadorj J, Tumurkhuu G, Naiki Y, et al. Retinoblastoma protein-interacting zinc finger 1, a tumor suppressor, augments lipopolysaccharide-induced proinflammatory cytokine production via enhancing nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Cell Immunol. 2010;264:114-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RIZ1 was suggested to augment LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation in collaboration with p53 and enhance the production of proinflammatory cytokines in response to LPS. ..
- Honda S, Harada N, Takagi Y. The alternative exons 1 of the mouse aromatase cytochrome P-450 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1305:145-50 pubmed..The present results demonstrate that expression of the mouse aromatase gene is also tissue-specifically regulated through the use of alternative exons 1 and promoters, as reported for man. ..
- Suzuki C, Nagasaki H, Okajima Y, Suga H, Ozaki N, Arima H, et al. Inflammatory cytokines regulate glycoprotein subunit beta5 of thyrostimulin through nuclear factor-kappaB. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2237-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that inflammatory cytokines positively regulate thyrostimulin through NF-kappaB activation. ..