Experts and Doctors on mesenchymal stem cells in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: mesenchymal stem cells
- Ichida M, Yui Y, Yoshioka K, Tanaka T, Wakamatsu T, Yoshikawa H, et al. Changes in cell migration of mesenchymal cells during osteogenic differentiation. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:4018-24 pubmed publisher..These results provide a new insight into the link between cell migration and osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Ohnishi S, Yasuda T, Kitamura S, Nagaya N. Effect of hypoxia on gene expression of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells and mononuclear cells. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1166-77 pubmed..Our results may provide information on the differential molecular mechanisms regulating the properties of MSC and MNC under ischemic conditions. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Ichii M, Oritani K, Yokota T, Nishida M, Takahashi I, Shirogane T, et al. Regulation of human B lymphopoiesis by the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily in a newly established coculture system using human mesenchymal stem cells as a supportive microenvironment. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:587-97 pubmed publisher..None of these three factors influenced the emergence of IgM(+) cells. hMSC coculture supported human B lymphopoiesis. Activin A selectively suppressed B lymphocyte production. ..
- Ohnishi S, Okabe K, Obata H, Otani K, Ishikane S, Ogino H, et al. Involvement of tazarotene-induced gene 1 in proliferation and differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Cell Prolif. 2009;42:309-16 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, TIG1 overexpression in SASC inhibited their differentiation into osteocytes and the expression of osteocalcin. TIG1 plays an important role in regulating proliferation and differentiation of ASC. ..
- Morimoto D, Kuroda S, Kizawa T, Nomura K, Higuchi C, Yoshikawa H, et al. Equivalent osteoblastic differentiation function of human mesenchymal stem cells from rheumatoid arthritis in comparison with osteoarthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009;48:643-9 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference between OA and RA samples in all experiments. The function of osteoblastic differentiation of hMSCs is similar between OA and RA. ..
- Wang X, Hisha H, Mizokami T, Cui W, Cui Y, Shi A, et al. Mouse mesenchymal stem cells can support human hematopoiesis both in vitro and in vivo: the crucial role of neural cell adhesion molecule. Haematologica. 2010;95:884-91 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that neural cell adhesion molecules expressed on FMS/PA6-P cells play a crucial role in the human hematopoiesis-supporting ability of the cell line. ..
- Matsumoto T, Okabe T, Ikawa T, Iida T, Yasuda H, Nakamura H, et al. Articular cartilage repair with autologous bone marrow mesenchymal cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;225:291-5 pubmed publisher..To obtain better repair with this procedure, treatment approaches using some growth factors during in vitro culture or gene transfection are being explored...
- Teramura T, Onodera Y, Mihara T, Hosoi Y, Hamanishi C, Fukuda K. Induction of mesenchymal progenitor cells with chondrogenic property from mouse-induced pluripotent stem cells. Cell Reprogram. 2010;12:249-61 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates the property of iPS cells as an alternative candidate for treatment of articular disorders, and suggests an effective approach for preparing chondrocyte from iPS cells. ..
- Kanematsu D, Shofuda T, Yamamoto A, Ban C, Ueda T, Yamasaki M, et al. Isolation and cellular properties of mesenchymal cells derived from the decidua of human term placenta. Differentiation. 2011;82:77-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, the unique properties of DMCs give them several advantages for clinical use, making them an interesting and attractive alternative to MSCs for regenerative medicine...