Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on magnetic resonance spectroscopy in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Topic: magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Ogawa J, Matsumura K, Kishino S, Omura Y, Shimizu S. Conjugated linoleic acid accumulation via 10-hydroxy-12-octadecaenoic acid during microaerobic transformation of linoleic acid by Lactobacillus acidophilus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2001;67:1246-52 pubmed..Almost all of the CLA produced was in the cells or was associated with the cells as free fatty acid. ..
- Kishino S, Ogawa J, Ando A, Iwashita T, Fujita T, Kawashima H, et al. Structural analysis of conjugated linoleic acid produced by Lactobacillus plantarum, and factors affecting isomer production. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:179-82 pubmed..The addition of L-serine, glucose, AgNO3, or NaCl to the reaction mixture reduced production of the latter. ..
- Maoka T, Akimoto N, Murakoshi M, Sugiyama K, Nishino H. Carotenoids in clams, Ruditapes philippinarum and Meretrix petechialis. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:5784-8 pubmed publisher..Crassostreaxanthin A 3-acetate and crassostreaxanthin B 3-acetate were first isolated and completely characterized by spectroscopic data. Furthermore, possible metabolic pathways of fucoxanthin in clams were proposed. ..
- Makino A, Kurosaki K, Ohmae M, Kobayashi S. Chitinase-catalyzed synthesis of alternatingly N-deacetylated chitin: a chitin-chitosan hybrid polysaccharide. Biomacromolecules. 2006;7:950-7 pubmed..Molecular weights of 2 reached 2,020 with using chitinase from Serratia marcescens, which corresponds to 10-12 saccharide units. ..
- Ninomiya K, Morikawa T, Zhang Y, Nakamura S, Matsuda H, Muraoka O, et al. Bioactive constituents from Chinese natural medicines. XXIII. Absolute structures of new megastigmane glycosides, sedumosides A(4), A(5), A(6), H, and I, and hepatoprotective megastigmanes from Sedum sarmentosum. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2007;55:1185-91 pubmed..Among them, sedumoside F(1) (IC(50)=47 microM), (3S,5R,6S,9R)-megastigmane-3,9-diol (61 microM), and myrsinionosides A (52 microM) and D (62 microM) were found to show the strong hepatoprotective activity. ..
- Ohta N, Mori N, Kuwahara Y, Nishida R. A hemiterpene glucoside as a probing deterrent of the bean aphid, Megoura crassicauda, from a non-host vetch, Vicia hirsuta. Phytochemistry. 2006;67:584-8 pubmed..crassicauda. Since the stylet insertion process is a crucial step for the aphid's settlement on a plant, the glycoside seems to act as an effective chemical barrier for V. hirsuta...
- Kurihara S, Oda S, Kato K, Kim H, Koyanagi T, Kumagai H, et al. A novel putrescine utilization pathway involves gamma-glutamylated intermediates of Escherichia coli K-12. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4602-8 pubmed
- Tao J, Morikawa T, Ando S, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M. Bioactive constituents from Chinese natural medicines. XI. inhibitors on NO production and degranulation in RBL-2H3 from Rubia yunnanensis: structures of rubianosides II, III, and IV, rubianol-g, and rubianthraquinone. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2003;51:654-62 pubmed..In addition, an anthraquinone constituent, 2-methyl-1,3,6-trihydroxy-9,10-anthraquinone, was found to show inhibitory effects on the release of beta-hexosaminidase in RBL-2H3 cells...
- Yamada K, Maekawa M, Akindele T, Nakano M, Yamamoto Y, Tomioka K. Chemoselective conjugate addition of dimethylzinc-mediated ether and acetal radicals to alkylidenemalonates and asymmetric reactions. J Org Chem. 2008;73:9535-8 pubmed publisher..The asymmetric reaction of bis(8-phenylmenthyl) benzylidenemalonate proceeded diastereoselectively to provide the adduct with 93:7 dr. ..
- Ono M, Cheng Y, Kimura H, Cui M, Kagawa S, Nishii R, et al. Novel 18F-labeled benzofuran derivatives with improved properties for positron emission tomography (PET) imaging of ?-amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's brains. J Med Chem. 2011;54:2971-9 pubmed publisher..These new fluorinated benzofuran derivatives are promising PET probes for imaging cerebral ?-amyloid plaques. ..
- Iwaya N, Kuwahara Y, Fujiwara Y, Goda N, Tenno T, Akiyama K, et al. A common substrate recognition mode conserved between katanin p60 and VPS4 governs microtubule severing and membrane skeleton reorganization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16822-9 pubmed publisher..A common mechanism is evolutionarily conserved between two distinct cellular events, one that drives microtubule severing and the other involving membrane skeletal reorganization. ..
- Okuda J, Niizuma S, Shioi T, Kato T, Inuzuka Y, Kawashima T, et al. Persistent overexpression of phosphoglycerate mutase, a glycolytic enzyme, modifies energy metabolism and reduces stress resistance of heart in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72173 pubmed publisher..Mice developed systolic dysfunction upon pressure overload. Constitutive overexpression of Pgam2 modified energy metabolism and reduced stress resistance of heart in mice. ..
- Suzuki H, Kajimoto Y, Kumagai H. Improvement of the bitter taste of amino acids through the transpeptidation reaction of bacterial gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase. J Agric Food Chem. 2002;50:313-8 pubmed..5 unit/mL GGT, pH 10.4. After 1.5-h of incubation at 37 degrees C, 140 mM gamma-Glu-Phe was obtained, the yield being 70%. gamma-Glu-Phe was purified on a Dowex 1x8 column and then identified by NMR. ..
- Morikawa T, Xu F, Kashima Y, Matsuda H, Ninomiya K, Yoshikawa M. Novel dolabellane-type diterpene alkaloids with lipid metabolism promoting activities from the seeds of Nigella sativa. Org Lett. 2004;6:869-72 pubmed..Nigellamines A(1) (1), B(1) (3), and B(2) (4) were found to show potent lipid metabolism promoting activity in primary cultured mouse hepatocytes, and their activities were equivalent to that of a PPAR-alpha agonist, clofibrate. ..
- Yoshikawa M, Matsuda H, Morikawa T, Xie H, Nakamura S, Muraoka O. Phenylethanoid oligoglycosides and acylated oligosugars with vasorelaxant activity from Cistanche tubulosa. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:7468-75 pubmed..In addition, principal constituents, kankanoside F, kankanose, echinacoside, acteoside, and cistanoside F, showed vasorelaxant activity, and several structural requirements for the activity were clarified...
- Tanaka N, Tani Y, Tada T, Lee Y, Kanaori K, Kunugi S. The roles of conserved amino acids on substrate binding and conformational integrity of ClpB N-terminal domain. Biochemistry. 2006;45:8556-61 pubmed..1 degrees C lower than that of wild-type. Our results revealed that conserved amino acids Thr7 and Ser84 both participated in maintaining the conformational integrity of the ClpB N-terminal domain. ..
- Suzuki H, Miwa C, Ishihara S, Kumagai H. A single amino acid substitution converts gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase to a class IV cephalosporin acylase (glutaryl-7-aminocephalosporanic acid acylase). Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:6324-8 pubmed..This substitution enabled gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase to deacylate glutaryl-7-aminocephalosporanic acid, producing 7-aminocephalosporanic acid, which is a starting material for the synthesis of semisynthetic cephalosporins. ..
- Inukai M, Takeda K. Double-resonance magic angle coil spinning. J Magn Reson. 2010;202:274-8 pubmed publisher..while still enjoying the merits that are intrinsic to MACS, such as high concentration sensitivity, eliminated magnetic susceptibility-induced field distortion, and an easy-to-use approach with the conventional and widespread hardware...
- Kitamura K, Niinobu M, Omran A, Takegami S, Kitade T. Binding of diuretic antihypertensive bendroflumethiazide to human serum albumin studied by ¹?F nuclear magnetic resonance method. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;45:195-200 pubmed publisher..It was also confirmed that considerable amounts of BFZ liberated from Site II by the Site II ligands or Cl? ions bind again nonspecifically. ..
- Arita K, Isogai S, Oda T, Unoki M, Sugita K, Sekiyama N, et al. Recognition of modification status on a histone H3 tail by linked histone reader modules of the epigenetic regulator UHRF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12950-5 pubmed publisher..This finding implies that the linker region plays a role as a functional switch of UHRF1 involved in multiple regulatory pathways such as maintenance of DNA methylation and transcriptional repression. ..
- Okazaki T, Laali K. A theoretical (DFT, GIAO-NMR, NICS) study of the carbocations and oxidation dications from azulenes, homoazulene, benzazulenes, benzohomoazulenes, and the isomeric azulenoazulenes. Org Biomol Chem. 2003;1:3078-93 pubmed..GIAO-derived charge delocalization mapping allows the most likely sites for nucleophilic attack on the dications to be identified. ..
- Matsuda H, Nakashima S, Abdel Halim O, Morikawa T, Yoshikawa M. Cucurbitane-type triterpenes with anti-proliferative effects on U937 cells from an egyptian natural medicine, Bryonia cretica: structures of new triterpene glycosides, bryoniaosides A and B. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2010;58:747-51 pubmed..2 and 16 nM after 72 h, and their IC(50) values were equivalent to that of camptothecin. An alpha,beta-conjugated ketone moiety at the 22-24-positions and an acetoxy group at the 25-position are essential for the strong activity...
- Ishikawa H, Takahashi S, Ishimori K, Morishima I. Steric effects of isoleucine 107 on heme reorientation reaction in human myoglobin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1095-100 pubmed..quot; ..
- Funasaki N, Sumiyoshi T, Ishikawa S, Neya S. Solution structures of 1:1 complexes of oxyphenonium bromide with beta- and gamma-cyclodextrins. Mol Pharm. 2004;1:166-72 pubmed..Furthermore, these structures of the complexes are consistent with the suppression of bitter taste and basic hydrolysis of OB by CDs and the polarity of binding sites of OB...
- Funasaki N, Fukuba M, Hattori T, Ishikawa S, Okuno T, Hirota S. Micelle formation of bile salts and zwitterionic derivative as studied by two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy. Chem Phys Lipids. 2006;142:43-57 pubmed..The chemical shift changes of several protons of CHAPS and NaTC in the micellar state are close to each other, but are different from those of NaTDC. This finding is consistent with the difference in their micellar structures. ..
- Otani J, Nankumo T, Arita K, Inamoto S, Ariyoshi M, Shirakawa M. Structural basis for recognition of H3K4 methylation status by the DNA methyltransferase 3A ATRX-DNMT3-DNMT3L domain. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:1235-41 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that de novo DNA methylation by DNMT3A requires the alteration of chromatin structure. ..
- Ogawa Y, Konishi T. N-glycosides of amino acid amides from Hemerocallis fulva var. sempervirens. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2009;57:1110-2 pubmed..This is the first report on the isolation of amino acid amide N-furctoside from Hemerocallis genus plant...
- Taki M, Murakawa T, Nakamoto T, Uchida M, Hayashi H, Tanizawa K, et al. Further insight into the mechanism of stereoselective proton abstraction by bacterial copper amine oxidase. Biochemistry. 2008;47:7726-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the stereoselectivity of alpha-proton abstraction during the copper amine oxidase reaction is closely associated with the conformational flexibility of the substrate Schiff base intermediate. ..
- Nakamura S, Li X, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M. Bioactive constituents from Chinese natural medicines. XXVIII. Chemical structures of acyclic alcohol glycosides from the roots of Rhodiola crenulata. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008;56:536-40 pubmed..The chemical structures of new constituents were elucidated on the basis of chemical and physicochemical evidence...
- Nakamura S, Li X, Matsuda H, Ninomiya K, Morikawa T, Yamaguti K, et al. Bioactive constituents from Chinese natural medicines. XXVI. Chemical structures and hepatoprotective effects of constituents from roots of Rhodiola sachalinensis. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2007;55:1505-11 pubmed..In addition, the principal constituents, sachalosides III and IV, rhodiosin, and trans-caffeic acid, displayed hepatoprotective effects. ..
- Nokihara K, Wray V, Ando E, Naruse S, Hayakawa T. Synthesis, solution structure, binding activity, and cGMP activation of human guanylin and its disulfide isomer. Regul Pept. 1997;70:111-20 pubmed..Both disulfide isomers were investigated by the cGMP assay. Both binding and cGMP assays indicated that the relevant form of disulfide bridges in the intact guanylin was as predicted. ..
- Nakamura S, Nakashima S, Oda Y, Yokota N, Fujimoto K, Matsumoto T, et al. Alkaloids from Sri Lankan curry-leaf (Murraya koenigii) display melanogenesis inhibitory activity: structures of karapinchamines A and B. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:1043-9 pubmed publisher..The principal alkaloid constituents were found to display potent melanogenesis inhibitory activity. The structural requirements of the carbazole alkaloids for melanogenesis inhibitory activity were discussed...
- Takaoka Y, Kioi Y, Morito A, Otani J, Arita K, Ashihara E, et al. Quantitative comparison of protein dynamics in live cells and in vitro by in-cell (19)F-NMR. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013;49:2801-3 pubmed publisher..These results clearly demonstrated the greater conformational fluctuations of the intracellular protein, partially due to macromolecular crowding effects. ..
- Katoh T, Akagi T, Noguchi C, Kajimoto T, Node M, Tanaka R, et al. Synthesis of DL-standishinal and its related compounds for the studies on structure-activity relationship of inhibitory activity against aromatase. Bioorg Med Chem. 2007;15:2736-48 pubmed
- Isogai S, Morimoto D, Arita K, Unzai S, Tenno T, Hasegawa J, et al. Crystal structure of the ubiquitin-associated (UBA) domain of p62 and its interaction with ubiquitin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:31864-74 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal an autoinhibitory mechanism in the p62 UBA domain and suggest that autoinhibition plays a role in the function of p62. ..
- Matsuda H, Sugimoto S, Morikawa T, Matsuhira K, Mizuguchi E, Nakamura S, et al. Bioactive constituents from Chinese natural medicines. XX. Inhibitors of antigen-induced degranulation in RBL-2H3 cells from the seeds of Psoralea corylifolia. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2007;55:106-10 pubmed..100 microM), showed inhibitory activities against the antigen-induced degranulation...
- Yoshikawa M, Wang T, Morikawa T, Xie H, Matsuda H. Bioactive constituents from chinese natural medicines. XXIV. Hypoglycemic effects of Sinocrassula indica in sugar-loaded rats and genetically diabetic KK-A(y) mice and structures of new acylated flavonol glycosides, sinocrassosides A(1), A(2), B(1), . Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2007;55:1308-15 pubmed..The absolute stereostructures of the four new compounds were elucidated on the basis of chemical and physicochemical evidence...
- Kurume A, Kamata Y, Yamashita M, Wang Q, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M, et al. Synthesis of 3-substituted isocoumarins and their inhibitory effects on degranulation of RBL-2H3 cells induced by antigen. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008;56:1264-9 pubmed..Structure-activity relationship studies were carried out to determine the necessary substituents on the 3-phenylisocoumarin skeleton for inhibitory activity...