Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on longitudinal studies in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: longitudinal studies
- Arasaki K, Kato Y, Hyodo A, Ushijima R, Tamaki M. Longitudinal study of functional spinal alpha motor neuron loss in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Muscle Nerve. 2002;25:520-6 pubmed..The relative merits of these different approaches in detecting changes in the disease process in its early phase are discussed. ..
- Arai Y, Iinuma T, Takayama M, Takayama M, Abe Y, Fukuda R, et al. The Tokyo Oldest Old survey on Total Health (TOOTH): a longitudinal cohort study of multidimensional components of health and well-being. BMC Geriatr. 2010;10:35 pubmed publisher..Results form the TOOTH study will help develop new models of health promotion, which are expected to contribute to an improvement in lifelong health and well-being. ..
- Kitamura N, Takahashi Y, Yamadate S, Asai S. Angiotensin II receptor blockers decreased blood glucose levels: a longitudinal survey using data from electronic medical records. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2007;6:26 pubmed..Our findings provide new clinical evidence that the effects of ARBs on glucose metabolism may change during the course of treatment, suggesting a blood glucose-lowering effect in the short-term after the start of treatment. ..
- Ohtsuka Y, Yoshinaga H, Shirasaka Y, Takayama R, Takano H, Iyoda K. Long-term safety and seizure outcome in Japanese patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome receiving adjunctive rufinamide therapy: An open-label study following a randomized clinical trial. Epilepsy Res. 2016;121:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated a long-term benefit of rufinamide as adjunctive therapy for Japanese patients with LGS. Exacerbation of seizures and decreased appetite/weight loss should be monitored carefully. ..
- Nakajima H, Kaneita Y, Yokoyama E, Harano S, Tamaki T, Ibuka E, et al. Association between sleep duration and hemoglobin A1c level. Sleep Med. 2008;9:745-52 pubmed..It is expected that the present findings will contribute to the treatment and prevention of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Niimi K, Fujishiro M, Kodashima S, Goto O, Ono S, Hirano K, et al. Long-term outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal epithelial neoplasms. Endoscopy. 2010;42:723-9 pubmed publisher..1/100 % and 95.3/100 %, respectively. Colorectal ESD showed favorable long-term outcomes. It may largely replace colectomy for node-negative colorectal epithelial neoplasia. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Shinkai S, Kobayashi E, Minami U, Suzuki H, Yoshida H, et al. Engagement in paid work as a protective predictor of basic activities of daily living disability in Japanese urban and rural community-dwelling elderly residents: An 8-year prospective study. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2016;16:126-34 pubmed publisher..Regarding the difference of sex roles in conventional Japanese society, working would be an effective solution especially for men to participate in social activities. ..
- Okada E, Matsumoto M, Ichihara D, Chiba K, Toyama Y, Fujiwara H, et al. Aging of the cervical spine in healthy volunteers: a 10-year longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:706-12 pubmed publisher..No factor related to progression of degeneration of cervical spine was identified except for age. ..
- Nakano Y, Itabashi K, Dobashi K, Mizuno K. Longitudinal changes in adiponectin multimer levels in preterm infants. Early Hum Dev. 2016;95:29-33 pubmed publisher..001). The HMW-Ad levels decline till the 12 month-equivalent age in both term and preterm infants. The changes in HMW-Ad level during infancy might be determined at least to a certain degree up to term-equivalent age in preterm infants. ..
- Jwa S, Arata N, Sakamoto N, Watanabe N, Aoki H, Kurauchi Mito A, et al. Prediction of pregnancy-induced hypertension by a shift of blood pressure class according to the JSH 2009 guidelines. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:1203-8 pubmed publisher..05). Within JSH 2009 Classes I, II and III, a shift in BP from a low to a high class between 16 and 20 weeks of gestation predicts the subsequent development of PIH. ..
- Uchida T, Ohno N, Asahara M, Yamada Y, Yamaguchi O, Tomita M, et al. Soluble isoform of the receptor for advanced glycation end products as a biomarker for postoperative respiratory failure after cardiac surgery. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70200 pubmed publisher..Early postoperative sRAGE levels appear to be linked to cardiopulmonary bypass, and may have predictive performance for postoperative respiratory failure; however, large-scale validation studies are needed. ..
- Balogun O, Kobayashi S, Anigo K, Ota E, Asakura K, Sasaki S. Factors Influencing Exclusive Breastfeeding in Early Infancy: A Prospective Study in North Central Nigeria. Matern Child Health J. 2016;20:363-75 pubmed publisher..Additional research is warranted into the influence of maternal attitudes and self-efficacy about breastfeeding on breastfeeding intentions and practice. ..
- Nakamura M, Ishii K, Watanabe K, Tsuji T, Matsumoto M, Toyama Y, et al. Long-term surgical outcomes for myxopapillary ependymomas of the cauda equina. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:E756-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore, early diagnosis is essential, and a therapeutic strategy including radiotherapy, on the assumption that this tumor is malignant, should be established. ..
- Momoeda M, Harada T, Terakawa N, Aso T, Fukunaga M, Hagino H, et al. Long-term use of dienogest for the treatment of endometriosis. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2009;35:1069-76 pubmed publisher..5% (95/131 cases) at 24 weeks and 90.6% (106/117 cases) at 52 weeks. The long-term effect of dienogest on bone mineral density was slight, whereas the efficacy increased cumulatively. ..
- Ishigaki K, Murakami T, Nakanishi T, Oda E, Sato T, Osawa M. Close monitoring of initial enzyme replacement therapy in a patient with childhood-onset Pompe disease. Brain Dev. 2012;34:98-102 pubmed publisher..Among our set parameters, the timed test results corresponded better to his changing clinical course than did grip power, MMT or 6-min walking test results. ..
- Koyama S, Aida J, Saito M, Kondo N, Sato Y, Matsuyama Y, et al. Community social capital and tooth loss in Japanese older people: a longitudinal cohort study. BMJ Open. 2016;6:e010768 pubmed publisher..88; 95% CI 0.81 to 0.95 and OR 0.90; 95% CI 0.82 to 0.99, respectively). Living in a community with rich SC and individuals with good SC is associated with lower incidence of tooth loss among older Japanese people. ..
- Otsubo S, Kimata N, Okutsu I, Oshikawa K, Ueda S, Sugimoto H, et al. Characteristics of dialysis-related amyloidosis in patients on haemodialysis therapy for more than 30 years. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:1593-8 pubmed publisher..This may be attributable to the recent advances in haemodialysis technologies. ..
- Yorifuji T, Kato T, Ohta H, Bellinger D, Matsuoka K, Grandjean P. Neurological and neuropsychological functions in adults with a history of developmental arsenic poisoning from contaminated milk powder. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2016;53:75-80 pubmed publisher..Developmental neurotoxicity due to arsenic likely results in permanent changes in brain functions. ..
- Maezawa K, Nozawa M, Yuasa T, Aritomi K, Matsuda K, Shitoto K. Seven years of chronological changes of serum chromium levels after Metasul metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2010;25:1196-200 pubmed publisher..Although the serum chromium concentration was low throughout postoperative follow-up for 7 years in about 25% of patients, the serum chromium level stayed high or showed gradual elevation in 16.3% of our patients. ..
- Ogawa Y, Toyama Y, Chiba K, Matsumoto M, Nakamura M, Takaishi H, et al. Long-term results of expansive open-door laminoplasty for ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the cervical spine. J Neurosurg Spine. 2004;1:168-74 pubmed..Mid-term and long-term results of expansive open-door laminoplasty were satisfactory. Considering factors that affected surgical results, early surgery is recommended for OPLL of the cervical spine. ..
- Tochigi M, Usami S, Matamura M, Kitagawa Y, Fukushima M, Yonehara H, et al. Annual longitudinal survey at up to five time points reveals reciprocal effects of bedtime delay and depression/anxiety in adolescents. Sleep Med. 2016;17:81-6 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that preventing late bedtime may have a significant effect on improving mental health in adolescents. ..
- Hikita T, Kodama H, Ogita K, Kaneko S, Nakamoto N, Mimaki M. Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome in Infants and Children: A Clinical Follow-Up Study. Pediatr Neurol. 2016;57:29-33 pubmed publisher..048). Most patients with cyclic vomiting syndrome recovered completely and benefited from prophylactic therapy, although half of them developed migraines. ..
- Akizawa T, Kido R, Fukagawa M, Onishi Y, Yamaguchi T, Hasegawa T, et al. Decreases in PTH in Japanese hemodialysis patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism: associations with changing practice patterns. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;6:2280-8 pubmed publisher..8 percentage points (95% CI: 8.1 to 17.0) and by 12.6 percentage points (13.7 to 19.9), respectively. In the routine care of hemodialysis patients, increasing use of cinacalcet was associated with better control of SHPT. ..
- Koike S, Satomura Y, Kawasaki S, Nishimura Y, Takano Y, Iwashiro N, et al. Association between rostral prefrontal cortical activity and functional outcome in first-episode psychosis: a longitudinal functional near-infrared spectroscopy study. Schizophr Res. 2016;170:304-10 pubmed publisher..No association between baseline fNIRS signals and later GAF scores was found. fNIRS measurement can potentially be used as a biomarker to aid sequential assessment of neuro-clinical conditions through the early stage of psychosis. ..
- Matsuoka O, Otsuka K, Murakami S, Hotta N, Yamanaka G, Kubo Y, et al. Arterial stiffness independently predicts cardiovascular events in an elderly community -- Longitudinal Investigation for the Longevity and Aging in Hokkaido County (LILAC) study. Biomed Pharmacother. 2005;59 Suppl 1:S40-4 pubmed..The early detection of risk by chronomics allows the timely institution of prophylactic measures, thereby shifting the focus from rehabilitation to prehabilitation medicine, as a public service to several Japanese towns. ..
- Zhou H, Watanabe C, Ohtsuka R. Impacts of dietary intake and helminth infection on diversity in growth among schoolchildren in rural south China: a four-year longitudinal study. Am J Hum Biol. 2007;19:96-106 pubmed..japonicum. ..
- Fujimura Y, Nishi Y, Nakamura M, Toyama Y, Suzuki N. Long-term follow-up study of anterior decompression and fusion for thoracic myelopathy resulting from ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1997;22:305-11 pubmed
- Ando C, Ito Y, Amemiya S, Tamura K, Kako K, Tsuzura S, et al. Effectiveness of the Japanese DOLOPLUS-2: a pain assessment scale for patients with moderate-to-severe dementia. Psychogeriatrics. 2016;16:315-22 pubmed publisher..033, P < 0.001, Ï† = 0.641). This study's findings suggested that the Japanese DOLOPLUS-2 scale could adequately identify pain in elderly individuals with moderate-to-severe dementia. ..
- Hanyu H, Sato T, Hirao K, Kanetaka H, Iwamoto T, Koizumi K. The progression of cognitive deterioration and regional cerebral blood flow patterns in Alzheimer's disease: a longitudinal SPECT study. J Neurol Sci. 2010;290:96-101 pubmed publisher..Our longitudinal SPECT study suggests a significant association between rCBF deficits in the parietotemporal, posterior cingulate, and frontal regions and subsequent rapid cognitive and rCBF deterioration. ..
- Hosaka T, Suzuki F, Kobayashi M, Seko Y, Kawamura Y, Sezaki H, et al. Clearance of hepatitis B surface antigen during long-term nucleot(s)ide analog treatment in chronic hepatitis B: results from a nine-year longitudinal study. J Gastroenterol. 2013;48:930-41 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that both direct antiviral potential and host immune response are needed to achieve HBsAg clearance by NA therapy. Viral genotype strongly influenced HBsAg clearance during NA therapy. ..
- Suzuki K, Kita Y, Inoue Y, Kaga M, Misago C, Takehara K, et al. [Effects of a rich emotionally-satisfying childbirth experience of mothers on their later parental attitudes and behavior in school-age children]. No To Hattatsu. 2012;44:368-73 pubmed..Thus, a rich CBE and parental warmth were suggested to be factors contributing to the good behavior of school-age children. ..
- Yanaba K, Asano Y, Noda S, Akamata K, Aozasa N, Taniguchi T, et al. Increased circulating fibrinogen-like protein 2 in patients with systemic sclerosis. Clin Rheumatol. 2013;32:43-7 pubmed publisher..The results show that the serum FGL2 level was increased in patients with SSc but not in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus or healthy individuals. Therefore, FGL2 possibly contribute to the development of SSc. ..
- Kanaya K, Abe S, Sakai M, Fujii H, Iwamoto T. Changes in cognitive functions of patients with dementia of the Alzheimer type following long-term administration of donepezil hydrochloride: relating to changes attributable to differences in apolipoprotein E phenotype. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010;10:25-31 pubmed publisher..05). ApoE4 was suggested to not only be a risk factor for disease onset, but also a risk factor for exacerbation of symptoms with respect to long-term prognosis. ..
- Yokoyama E, Kaneita Y, Saito Y, Uchiyama M, Matsuzaki Y, Tamaki T, et al. Association between depression and insomnia subtypes: a longitudinal study on the elderly in Japan. Sleep. 2010;33:1693-702 pubmed..To examine the association between depression and three subtypes of insomnia, namely, difficulty initiating sleep (DIS), early morning awakening (EMA), and difficulty maintaining sleep (DMS)...
- Kusano T, Hirabayashi S, Eguchi T, Sugawara Y. Treatment strategies for fibrous dysplasia. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20:768-70 pubmed..When growth continues indefinitely in patients with the polyostotic type, as with Albright syndrome, recurrence of the disease and the resultant deformities are predicted, so complete resection and reconstructive surgery is recommended...
- Akizawa Y, Koizumi S, Itokawa Y, Ojima T, Nakamura Y, Tamura T, et al. Daily magnesium intake and serum magnesium concentration among Japanese people. J Epidemiol. 2008;18:151-9 pubmed..The coefficient of correlation was 0.28. The daily magnesium intake correlated with serum magnesium concentration, and a linear regression model between them was proposed. ..
- Aoyama J, Nariai T, Mukawa M, Inaji M, Tanaka Y, Maehara T. Case of Familial Moyamoya Disease Presenting 10 Years After Initial Negative Magnetic Resonance Screening in Childhood. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:1035.e1-1035.e4 pubmed publisher..We must carefully consider when, how, and for whom screening for moyamoya disease should be performed, taking into account familial history of the disease. ..
- Ikeda N, Fuse K, Nishi N. Changes in the effects of living with no siblings or living with grandparents on overweight and obesity in children: Results from a national cohort study in Japan. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175726 pubmed publisher..5 years and older, respectively. Child's age should be considered during formulation of strategies for prevention of overweight and obesity in these groups. ..
- Nonaka K, Suzuki H, Murayama H, Hasebe M, Koike T, Kobayashi E, et al. For how many days and what types of group activities should older Japanese adults be involved in to maintain health? A 4-year longitudinal study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183829 pubmed publisher..Additionally, older adults can obtain positive health outcomes through less frequent participation in alumni groups, compared with the activities of volunteer groups. ..
- Sugai K. Clobazam as a new antiepileptic drug and clorazepate dipotassium as an alternative antiepileptic drug in Japan. Epilepsia. 2004;45 Suppl 8:20-5 pubmed..Excellent efficacy of CLB and excellent and prolonged efficacy of CLP for refractory epilepsies were confirmed. Frequent tolerance and adverse effects were major problems, but were manageable. ..
- Kamisawa T, Takuma K, Tabata T, Egawa N, Yamaguchi T. Long-term follow-up of chronic pancreatitis patients with K-ras mutation in the pancreatic juice. Hepatogastroenterology. 2011;58:174-6 pubmed..This study aimed to identify a high risk group for developing pancreatic cancer associated with chronic pancreatitis, particularly the presence of K-ras mutations in the pancreatic juice...
- Yamasue H, Abe O, Kasai K, Suga M, Iwanami A, Yamada H, et al. Human brain structural change related to acute single exposure to sarin. Ann Neurol. 2007;61:37-46 pubmed
- Waki F, Masuoka K, Fukuda T, Kanda Y, Nakamae M, Yakushijin K, et al. Feasibility of reduced-intensity cord blood transplantation as salvage therapy for graft failure: results of a nationwide survey of adult patients. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011;17:841-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in an older population of patients, our data support the feasibility of CBT with a reduced-intensity conditioning regimen for GF. ..
- Makita R, Kokaze A, Ohtsu T, Ishikawa M, Matsunaga N, Karita K, et al. Longevity-associated NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 237 Leu/Met polymorphism modulates the effects of daily alcohol drinking on yearly changes in serum total and LDL cholesterol in Japanese men. Acta Med Okayama. 2009;63:331-8 pubmed publisher..047). These results suggest that ND2-237Met has a beneficial impact on yearly changes in serum LDLC in non-daily drinkers but not in daily drinkers...
- Yanaba K, Asano Y, Tada Y, Sugaya M, Kadono T, Sato S. Clinical significance of serum growth differentiation factor-15 levels in systemic sclerosis: association with disease severity. Mod Rheumatol. 2012;22:668-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GDF-15 may play a role in the development of cutaneous and pulmonary fibrosis in SSc. Measurement of serum GDF-15 may be useful for risk stratification in early disease stage. ..
- Nakanishi K, Inoko H. Combination of HLA-A24, -DQA1*03, and -DR9 contributes to acute-onset and early complete beta-cell destruction in type 1 diabetes: longitudinal study of residual beta-cell function. Diabetes. 2006;55:1862-8 pubmed
- Tsuji Y, Fujita S, Sugiura H, Saito C, Takatsuki S. Long-term variation in fruiting and the food habits of wild Japanese macaques on Kinkazan Island, northern Japan. Am J Primatol. 2006;68:1068-80 pubmed..We emphasize the importance of conducting long-term studies on both food availability and the food habits of animals in the temperate zone. ..
- Sugihara Y, Sugisawa H, Shibata H, Harada K. Productive roles, gender, and depressive symptoms: evidence from a national longitudinal study of late-middle-aged Japanese. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2008;63:P227-P234 pubmed..These findings suggest the psychological benefits of paid and volunteer work for retirement-aged men in Japan, and the need to be attentive to gender differences in the impact of productive roles. ..
- Tomiyama H, Hashimoto H, Tanaka H, Matsumoto C, Odaira M, Yamada J, et al. Synergistic relationship between changes in the pulse wave velocity and changes in the heart rate in middle-aged Japanese adults: a prospective study. J Hypertens. 2010;28:687-94 pubmed publisher..01). The study results suggest a synergistic role of high baseline HR and increase in HR during the study period in accelerating age-associated increases in PWV. Inflammation might not be a major factor for this relationship. ..
- Komano Y, Tanaka M, Nanki T, Koike R, Sakai R, Kameda H, et al. Incidence and risk factors for serious infection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors: a report from the Registry of Japanese Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients for Longterm Safety. J Rheumatol. 2011;38:1258-64 pubmed publisher..Anti-TNF therapy was associated with a significantly increased risk for serious infections, compared to treatment with nonbiological DMARD. ..
- Sorimachi T, Ito Y, Morita K, Fujii Y. Long-term follow up of patients with good outcome after intra-arterial thrombolysis for major arterial occlusion in the carotid territory: clinical and magnetic resonance imaging evaluation. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:13-9; discussion 19 pubmed..Extrapyramidal signs in patients with small infarction may indicate rapid progression of cerebral atrophy. The occurrence of extrapyramidal signs might be related to delayed neuronal death in atrophic areas. ..
- Matsushita Y, Yokoyama T, Yoshiike N, Matsumura Y, Date C, Kawahara K, et al. The Trp(64)Arg polymorphism of the beta(3)-adrenergic receptor gene is not associated with body weight or body mass index in Japanese: a longitudinal analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:5914-20 pubmed..We conclude that the Trp(64)Arg mutation of ADRB3 has little or no influence on either body weight or body mass index in the general Japanese population. ..
- Hongo H, Green J, Nanishi K, Jimba M. Development of the revised Japanese Maternal Breastfeeding Evaluation Scale, short version. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:392-395 pubmed publisher..01). Results of validation testing and reliability testing indicate that the revised JBFEES can be used to measure breastfeeding satisfaction among Japanese mothers. ..
- Yamaguchi K, Ohno A. Investigation of the susceptibility trends in Japan to fluoroquinolones and other antimicrobial agents in a nationwide collection of clinical isolates: a longitudinal analysis from 1994 to 2002. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2005;52:135-43 pubmed..was detected in any of the surveys. The rate of FQ resistance to Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from urinary tract and respiratory tract infections was 40%-60% and 15%-25%, respectively. ..
- Kubota M, Ishijima M, Kurosawa H, Liu L, Ikeda H, Osawa A, et al. A longitudinal study of the relationship between the status of bone marrow abnormalities and progression of knee osteoarthritis. J Orthop Sci. 2010;15:641-6 pubmed publisher..05). The relationship between the size and enlargement of BMAs and the progression of OA changed depending upon the severity of OA. ..
- Hikita R, Kobayashi Y, Tsuji M, Kawamoto T, Moriyama K. Long-term orthodontic and surgical treatment and stability of a patient with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2014;145:672-84 pubmed publisher..This case report discusses the result of long-term observation of a patient with BWS who underwent tongue reduction, early orthodontic treatment, and surgical-orthodontic treatment. ..
- Shimada N, Ohno Matsui K, Yoshida T, Sugamoto Y, Tokoro T, Mochizuki M. Progression from macular retinoschisis to retinal detachment in highly myopic eyes is associated with outer lamellar hole formation. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:762-4 pubmed publisher..To investigate the morphological changes that occur during the development of an early retinal detachment (RD) from a myopic macular retinoschisis (MRS) by optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- Nomura S, Blangiardo M, Tsubokura M, Ozaki A, Morita T, Hodgson S. Postnuclear disaster evacuation and chronic health in adults in Fukushima, Japan: a long-term retrospective analysis. BMJ Open. 2016;6:e010080 pubmed publisher..Our findings help identify discussion points on disaster planning, including preparedness, response and recovery measures, applicable to future disasters requiring mass evacuation. ..
- Kano O, Iwamoto K, Ito H, Kawase Y, Cridebring D, Ikeda K, et al. Limb-onset amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients visiting orthopedist show a longer time-to-diagnosis since symptom onset. BMC Neurol. 2013;13:19 pubmed publisher..We speculate that this increase in the diagnostic interval in LO patients visiting an orthopedist was due to a lack of bulbar symptoms in the early stages of this disease. ..
- Aso K, Koto S, Higuchi A, Ariyasu D, Izawa M, Miyamoto Igaki J, et al. Serum FSH level below 10 mIU/mL at twelve years old is an index of spontaneous and cyclical menstruation in Turner syndrome. Endocr J. 2010;57:909-13 pubmed..Spontaneous and cyclical menstruation in TS was observed when serum FSH level was <10 mIU/mL at 12 years old, suggesting this FSH level as an index of spontaneous and cyclical menstruation in TS...
- Sugisawa Y, Shinohara R, Tong L, Tanaka E, Watanabe T, Onda Y, et al. The trajectory patterns of parenting and the social competence of toddlers: a longitudinal perspective. J Epidemiol. 2010;20 Suppl 2:S459-65 pubmed..The results confirm previous findings on the relationship between parenting patterns and children's social competence. In particular, the study shows that varied and continual parenting significantly affects a child's social competence. ..
- Komagata M, Inahata Y, Nishiyama M, Endo K, Tanaka H, Kobayashi H. Treatment of myelopathy due to cervicothoracic OPLL via open door laminoplasty. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2007;20:342-6 pubmed..Postoperative long-term follow-up study of open door laminoplasty for the ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL) in the thoracic spine...
- Taki M, Mizuno K, Murase M, Nishida Y, Itabashi K, Mukai Y. Maturational changes in the feeding behaviour of infants - a comparison between breast-feeding and bottle-feeding. Acta Paediatr. 2010;99:61-7 pubmed publisher..05). The increase in the amount of ingested milk with maturation resulted from an increase in bolus volume per minute as well as the higher number of sucks continuously for both breast- and bottle-fed infants. ..
- Mokubo A, Tanaka Y, Nakajima K, Watada H, Hirose T, Kawasumi M, et al. Chemotactic cytokine receptor 5 (CCR5) gene promoter polymorphism (59029A/G) is associated with diabetic nephropathy in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes: a 10-year longitudinal study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2006;73:89-94 pubmed..03, odds ratio=2.41, 95% CI=1.09-5.33). Therefore, the CCR5 59029A(+) genotype seems to be related the etiology of diabetic nephropathy in Japanese type 2 diabetics. ..
- Takao H, Abe O, Hayashi N, Kabasawa H, Ohtomo K. Effects of gradient non-linearity correction and intensity non-uniformity correction in longitudinal studies using structural image evaluation using normalization of atrophy (SIENA). J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;32:489-92 pubmed publisher..Correction for gradient nonlinearity and intensity nonuniformity reduces the variance of measured longitudinal changes in brain volumes and will improve accuracy for detecting subtle brain changes. ..
- Honmyo R, Kokaze A, Karita K, Yoshida M, Ishikawa M, Ohno H. Influence of mitochondrial DNA 5178 C/A polymorphism on serum cholesterol changes: a short-term follow-up in middle-aged Japanese men. Environ Health Prev Med. 2012;17:401-7 pubmed publisher..015). The Mt5178 C/A genotype may modify longitudinal changes in serum TC and HDLC levels in middle-aged Japanese men. ..