Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kidney in Saitama, Japan
Locale: Saitama, Japan
- Yamamoto K, Uchida S, Kitano K, Fukuhara N, Okumura Kitajima L, Gunji E, et al. TS-071 is a novel, potent and selective renal sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor with anti-hyperglycaemic activity. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;164:181-91 pubmed publisher..3 mg·kg(-1). These data indicate that TS-071 is a potent and selective SGLT2 inhibitor that improves glucose levels in rodent models of type 1 and 2 diabetes and may be useful for the treatment for diabetes mellitus. ..
- Sawai R, Kuroda K, Shibata T, Gomyou R, Osawa K, Shimizu K. Anti-influenza virus activity of Chaenomeles sinensis. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;118:108-12 pubmed publisher..High molecular weight polyphenols in the fruits of C. sinensis neutralizes influenza virus by inhibiting hemagglutination activity and by suppressing NS2 protein synthesis. ..
- Miyazaki M, Yamashita T, Hosokawa M, Taira H, Suzuki A. Species-, sex-, and age-dependent urinary excretion of cauxin, a mammalian carboxylesterase. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;145:270-7 pubmed..cauxin functions as an esterase in the urine rather than in kidney cells, and 3. the decomposition products by cauxin are excreted in a species-, sex-, and age-dependent manner, as is cauxin itself. ..
- Takahashi N, Hayano T, Suzuki M. Peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase is the cyclosporin A-binding protein cyclophilin. Nature. 1989;337:473-5 pubmed..Thus we propose that the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerizing activity of PPIase may be involved in events, such as those occurring early in T-cell activation, that are suppressed by cyclosporin A. ..
- Kamiya K, Kaneda M, Sugawara T, Mazaki E, Okamura N, Montal M, et al. A nonsense mutation of the sodium channel gene SCN2A in a patient with intractable epilepsy and mental decline. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2690-8 pubmed..2 protein is one plausible explanation for the pathology of this patient; however, our biophysical findings suggest that the R102X truncated protein exerts a dominant negative effect leading to the patient's intractable epilepsy. ..
- Okamoto T, Hara A, Hino O. Down-regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression but up-regulation of cyclooxygenase-1 in renal carcinomas of the Eker (TSC2 gene mutant) rat model. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:22-5 pubmed..In total, Cox-2 mRNA expression was down-regulated in eight out of ten Eker RCs and cell lines, while Cox-1 mRNA expression was up-regulated in nine out of ten Eker RCs and cell lines. ..
- Urushitani M, Kurisu J, Tsukita K, Takahashi R. Proteasomal inhibition by misfolded mutant superoxide dismutase 1 induces selective motor neuron death in familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurochem. 2002;83:1030-42 pubmed..These results indicate that the sustained expression of mutant SOD1 leads to proteasomal inhibition and motor neuronal death, which in part explains the pathogenesis of mutant SOD1-linked ALS. ..
- Shirahata A, Takahashi N, Beppu T, Hosoda H, Samejima K. Effects of inhibitors of spermidine synthase and spermine synthase on polyamine synthesis in rat tissues. Biochem Pharmacol. 1993;45:1897-903 pubmed..These results suggested a separate role for spermidine or spermine in the in vivo enhancement of S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase activity...
- Kasono K, Saito T, Saito T, Tamemoto H, Yanagidate C, Uchida S, et al. Hypertonicity regulates the aquaporin-2 promoter independently of arginine vasopressin. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005;20:509-15 pubmed..1 and -4.3 kb 5'-flanking region of the AQP-2 gene, in which the structure and mechanism of response to hypertonicity could be distinct from those of TonE. ..
- Yoshizawa N, Yamakami K, Fujino M, Oda T, Tamura K, Matsumoto K, et al. Nephritis-associated plasmin receptor and acute poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis: characterization of the antigen and associated immune response. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:1785-93 pubmed..Moreover, antibody titers remained elevated during the entire 10-yr follow-up period...
- Fukuda T, Kanomata K, Nojima J, Urakawa I, Suzawa T, Imada M, et al. FGF23 induces expression of two isoforms of NAB2, which are corepressors of Egr-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:147-51 pubmed..A negative feedback loop established by Egr-1 and NAB2 may thus be involved in mediating the physiological effects of FGF23. ..
- Nakamura A, Sakai Y, Ohata C, Komurasaki T. Expression and significance of a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs (ADAMTS)-1 in an animal model of renal interstitial fibrosis induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2007;59:1-7 pubmed
- Nakai H, Asanuma H, Shishido S, Kitahara S, Yasuda K. Changing concepts in urological management of the congenital anomalies of kidney and urinary tract, CAKUT. Pediatr Int. 2003;45:634-41 pubmed..Herein, we present the emerging concepts in the urological management of CAKUT, specifically, multicystic dysplastic kidney, vesicoureteral reflux, congenital hydronephrosis, ectopic ureters and ureteroceles. ..
- Takenaka T, Inoue T, Kanno Y, Okada H, Meaney K, Hill C, et al. Expression and role of connexins in the rat renal vasculature. Kidney Int. 2008;73:415-22 pubmed..Hence, connexins 37 and 40 are expressed in the rat juxtaglomerular apparatus and these proteins control, in part, the renin-angiotensin system and renal autoregulation. ..
- Kaneko N, Kobayashi Y, Okada Y. Anatomic variations of the renal vessels pertinent to transperitoneal vascular control in the management of trauma. Surgery. 2008;143:616-22 pubmed publisher..In such cases, the colon should be mobilized promptly. On the right side of the IVC, the vessels are located so as to require clamping together almost always. ..
- Miyazato A, Nakamura K, Yamamoto N, Mora Montes H, Tanaka M, Abe Y, et al. Toll-like receptor 9-dependent activation of myeloid dendritic cells by Deoxynucleic acids from Candida albicans. Infect Immun. 2009;77:3056-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that C. albicans DNA activated BM-DCs through a TLR9-mediated signaling pathway using a mechanism independent of the unmethylated CpG motif. ..
- Nakagawa J, Ishikura S, Asami J, Isaji T, Usami N, Hara A, et al. Molecular characterization of mammalian dicarbonyl/L-xylulose reductase and its localization in kidney. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17883-91 pubmed
- Okada H, Inoue T, Kanno Y, Kobayashi T, Ban S, Kalluri R, et al. Renal fibroblast-like cells in Goodpasture syndrome rats. Kidney Int. 2001;60:597-606 pubmed..Interstitial fibroblast-like cells (FbLCs) are presumably involved in the fibrotic process. However, such FbLCs have never been well characterized in the kidney...
- Imai T, Morita T, Shindo T, Nagai R, Yazaki Y, Kurihara H, et al. Vascular smooth muscle cell-directed overexpression of heme oxygenase-1 elevates blood pressure through attenuation of nitric oxide-induced vasodilation in mice. Circ Res. 2001;89:55-62 pubmed..These findings suggest that site-specific overexpression of HO-1 in VSMCs suppresses vasodilatory response to NO and thereby leads to an elevation of arterial pressure. ..