Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on insulin in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- Kageyama S, Yamamoto J, Isogai Y, Fujita T. Effect of insulin on sodium reabsorption in hypertensive patients. Am J Hypertens. 1994;7:409-15 pubmed
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Nishiwaki C, Nakamichi Y, Kikuta T, Nagai S, Nagamatsu S. Correlation of syntaxin-1 and SNAP-25 clusters with docking and fusion of insulin granules analysed by total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy. Diabetologia. 2004;47:2200-7 pubmed..There was a close correlation between the number of syntaxin-1 and SNAP-25 clusters and the number of docked insulin granules, which is associated with the fusion of insulin granules. ..
- Kumashiro N, Tamura Y, Uchida T, Ogihara T, Fujitani Y, Hirose T, et al. Impact of oxidative stress and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha in hepatic insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2008;57:2083-91 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the reduction of ROS is a potential therapeutic target of liver insulin resistance, at least partly by the reduced expression of PGC-1alpha. ..
- Ogiwara Y, Mori S, Iwama M, Sawabe M, Takemoto M, Kanazawa N, et al. Hypoglycemia due to ectopic secretion of insulin-like growth factor-I in a patient with an isolated sarcoidosis of the spleen. Endocr J. 2010;57:325-30 pubmed..These data suggest that ectopic secretion of IGF-I by the splenic sarcoidosis and its direct access to the liver via the portal vein might cause fasting hypoglycemia mainly by suppressing hepatic gluconeogenesis. ..
- Tahara Y, Otsuka M, Fuse Y, Hirao A, Shibata S. Refeeding after fasting elicits insulin-dependent regulation of Per2 and Rev-erb? with shifts in the liver clock. J Biol Rhythms. 2011;26:230-40 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that an acute change of Per2 and Rev-erb? gene expression mediated by refeeding-induced insulin secretion is a critical step mediating the early phase of feeding-induced entrainment of the liver clock. ..
- Kuwata H, Iwasaki M, Shimizu S, Minami K, Maeda H, Seino S, et al. Meal sequence and glucose excursion, gastric emptying and incretin secretion in type 2 diabetes: a randomised, controlled crossover, exploratory trial. Diabetologia. 2016;59:453-61 pubmed publisher..UMIN Clinical Trials Registry UMIN000017434. Japan Society for Promotion of Science, Japan Association for Diabetes Education and Care, and Japan Vascular Disease Research Foundation. ..
- Toyoki D, Shibata S, Kuribayashi Okuma E, Xu N, Ishizawa K, Hosoyamada M, et al. Insulin stimulates uric acid reabsorption via regulating urate transporter 1 and ATP-binding cassette subfamily G member 2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F826-F834 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a previously unrecognized mechanism for the anti-uricosuric effects of insulin and provide novel insights into the renal UA handling in the diabetic state. ..
- Onuma S, Nakanishi K. Superoxide dismustase mimetic tempol decreases blood pressure by increasing renal medullary blood flow in hyperinsulinemic-hypertensive rats. Metabolism. 2004;53:1305-8 pubmed..The decrease in MAP with an increase of MBF in the FT group is consistent with the hypothesis that tempol increases the level of NO available to influence mechanisms involved in the control of MBF. ..
- Kawai J, Ohara Imaizumi M, Nakamichi Y, Okamura T, Akimoto Y, Matsushima S, et al. Insulin exocytosis in Goto-Kakizaki rat beta-cells subjected to long-term glinide or sulfonylurea treatment. Biochem J. 2008;412:93-101 pubmed publisher..We conclude that treatment of GK rats with nateglinide and glibenclamide varies in long-term effects on beta-cell functions; nateglinide treatment appears overall to be more beneficial. ..
- Ogihara T, Fujitani Y, Uchida T, Kanno R, Choi J, Hirose T, et al. Combined expression of transcription factors induces AR42J-B13 cells to differentiate into insulin-producing cells. Endocr J. 2008;55:691-8 pubmed..1 or MafA induces AR42J-B13 cells to differentiate into insulin-producing cells, supporting the use of these cells as a model system for studying beta-cell differentiation in vitro. ..
- Kurabe N, Arai S, Nishijima A, Kubota N, Suizu F, Mori M, et al. The death effector domain-containing DEDD supports S6K1 activity via preventing Cdk1-dependent inhibitory phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5050-5 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that DEDD may harbor important roles in glucose homeostasis and that its deficiency might be involved in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Hirose H, Kawabe H, Komiya N, Saito I. Relations between serum reactive oxygen metabolites (ROMs) and various inflammatory and metabolic parameters in a Japanese population. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:77-82 pubmed..001). These results suggest that the serum ROM level is closely associated with serum hsCRP in Japanese adult subjects. ..
- Watada H. Role of VEGF-A in pancreatic beta cells. Endocr J. 2010;57:185-91 pubmed..These data indicate that the roles of VEGF-A and islet vasculature in the regulation of beta cell mass depends on the stimulus for the islets. ..
- Amemiya Kudo M, Oka J, Takeuchi Y, Okazaki H, Yamamoto T, Yahagi N, et al. Suppression of the pancreatic duodenal homeodomain transcription factor-1 (Pdx-1) promoter by sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27902-14 pubmed publisher..Through these multiple mechanisms, SREBP-1c, when induced in a lipotoxic state, repressed PDX-1 expression contributing to the inhibition of insulin expression and ? cell dysfunction. ..
- Nemoto S, Kobayashi T, Taguchi K, Matsumoto T, Kamata K. Losartan improves aortic endothelium-dependent relaxation via proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2/Src/Akt pathway in type 2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H2383-94 pubmed publisher..The observed increase in phospho-IRS-1 (at Ser(307)) may result from increased angiotensin II activity. ..
- Suzuki K, Watanabe K, Futami Suda S, Yano H, Motoyama M, Matsumura N, et al. The effects of postprandial glucose and insulin levels on postprandial endothelial function in subjects with normal glucose tolerance. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:98 pubmed publisher..Differences in the attenuation of postprandial FMD induced by different postprandial insulin levels may occur a long time postprandially but not shortly after a meal. ..
- Ito K, Ishigamori R, Mutoh M, Ohta T, Imai T, Takahashi M. Ay allele promotes azoxymethane-induced colorectal carcinogenesis by macrophage migration in hyperlipidemic/diabetic KK mice. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:835-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, increase of tumor-associated macrophages may play important roles in the stages of promotion of colorectal cancer...
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Kim H, Yoshida M, Fujiwara T, Aoyagi K, Toyofuku Y, et al. Serotonin regulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from pancreatic β cells during pregnancy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19420-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that serotonin, acting in a paracrine/autocrine manner through Htr3, lowers the β cell threshold for glucose and plays an essential role in the increased GSIS of pregnancy. ..
- Satake M, Ikarashi N, Ichikawa Y, Maniwa A, Toda T, Ito K, et al. The role of renal aquaporin 2 in the alleviation of dehydration associated with diabetic polyuria in KKAy mice. Life Sci. 2010;87:475-80 pubmed publisher..In the present study, the role of renal aquaporin 2 (AQP2) in the compensating mechanism was investigated in KKAy mice, a type 2 diabetes model...
- Matsushita K, Okita H, Suzuki A, Shimoda K, Fukuma M, Yamada T, et al. Islet cell hyperplasia in transgenic mice overexpressing EAT/mcl-1, a bcl-2 related gene. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;203:105-16 pubmed..In conclusion, EAT transgenic mice exhibit hyperplasia of pancreatic beta cells. EAT may inhibit apoptosis of beta cells, allowing these cells to circumvent the process of apoptosis until the adult stage. ..
- Murakami Murofushi K, Takahashi T, Minowa Y, Iino S, Takeuchi T, Kitagaki Ogawa H, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel intracellular acid proteinase from the plasmodia of a true slime mold, Physarum polycephalum. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:19898-903 pubmed..These results indicate that the enzyme is a novel type of intracellular acid proteinase with a unique substrate specificity...
- Yamanouchi K, Yada E, Ishiguro N, Hosoyama T, Nishihara M. Increased adipogenicity of cells from regenerating skeletal muscle. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2701-11 pubmed
- Sekiya M, Yahagi N, Tamura Y, Okazaki H, Igarashi M, Ohta K, et al. Hormone-sensitive lipase deficiency suppresses insulin secretion from pancreatic islets of Lep ob/ob mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:511-5 pubmed publisher..The deficiency of HSL also diminished the islet mass in Lep(ob/ob) mice due to decreased cell proliferation. In conclusion, HSL affects insulin secretary capacity especially in the setting of obesity. ..
- Kutoh E, Wada A, Terayama S. Teneligliptin, a Chemotype Prolyl-Thiazolidine-Based Novel Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor with Insulin Sensitizing Properties. Clin Drug Investig. 2016;36:809-18 pubmed publisher..ii) glycemic efficacy of teneligliptin may be determined by the balance of its capacity in modulating insulin resistance and beta-cell function depending on the degrees of baseline insulin resistance. ..
- Kubota N, Terauchi Y, Tobe K, Yano W, Suzuki R, Ueki K, et al. Insulin receptor substrate 2 plays a crucial role in beta cells and the hypothalamus. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:917-27 pubmed..We conclude that, in beta cells and the hypothalamus, Irs2 is crucially involved in the regulation of beta cell mass and leptin sensitivity. ..
- Nakatsu Y, Mori K, Matsunaga Y, Yamamotoya T, Ueda K, Inoue Y, et al. The prolyl isomerase Pin1 increases β-cell proliferation and enhances insulin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11886-11895 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations demonstrate critical roles of Pin1 in pancreatic β cells and that Pin1 both promotes β-cell proliferation and activates insulin secretion. ..
- Kageyama H, Suga A, Kashiba M, Oka J, Osaka T, Kashiwa T, et al. Increased uncoupling protein-2 and -3 gene expressions in skeletal muscle of STZ-induced diabetic rats. FEBS Lett. 1998;440:450-3 pubmed..These results suggest that in STZ-diabetic rats, the overexpression of UCP-2 and UCP-3 in skeletal muscle provides a defense against hypothermogenesis caused by decreased UCPs in BAT. ..
- Itokawa M, Hirao A, Nagahama H, Otsuka M, Ohtsu T, Furutani N, et al. Time-restricted feeding of rapidly digested starches causes stronger entrainment of the liver clock in PER2::LUCIFERASE knock-in mice. Nutr Res. 2013;33:109-19 pubmed publisher..Therefore, rapidly digested starch is appropriate for peripheral clock entrainment. Dietetic issues (heated vs unheated) are important when applying basic mouse data to humans. ..
- Ikeda S, Crawford B, Sato M. Utilization patterns of insulin therapy and healthcare services among Japanese insulin initiators during their first year: a descriptive analysis of administrative hospital data. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016;16:6 pubmed publisher..Future research should assess the basis for these various utilization patterns associated with insulin to conduct robust analyses of clinical and economic outcomes. ..
- Fujino Y, Fujii T. Insulin-induced hypoglycemia stimulates both adrenaline and noradrenaline release from adrenal medulla in 21-day-old rats. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1995;69:413-20 pubmed..These results indicate that the responsiveness of the noradrenaline-storing cells to hypoglycemia in 21-day-old rats is different from that in young adult rats. ..
- Suzuki H, Toba K, Kato K, Ozawa T, Tomosugi N, Higuchi M, et al. Serum hepcidin-20 is elevated during the acute phase of myocardial infarction. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2009;218:93-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the serum hepcidin-20 is transiently elevated in response to acute cardiac ischemia. Measurement of serum hepcidin-20, rather than hepcidin-25, is helpful for diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Okamoto M, Irii H, Tahara Y, Ishii H, Hirao A, Udagawa H, et al. Synthesis of a new -gingerol analogue and its protective effect with respect to the development of metabolic syndrome in mice fed a high-fat diet. J Med Chem. 2011;54:6295-304 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that A6G, rather than 6G, enhances energy metabolism and reduces the extent of lipogenesis by downregulating SREBP-1c and its related molecules, which leads to the suppression of body fat accumulation. ..
- Shike T, Hirose S, Kobayashi M, Funabiki K, Shirai T, Tomino Y. Susceptibility and negative epistatic loci contributing to type 2 diabetes and related phenotypes in a KK/Ta mouse model. Diabetes. 2001;50:1943-8 pubmed..However, there appear to be common genes contributing to different disease phenotypes. There are potentially important candidate genes that may be relevant to the disease. ..
- Kato Y, Shimazu M, Kondo M, Uchida K, Kumamoto Y, Wakabayashi G, et al. Bilirubin rinse: A simple protectant against the rat liver graft injury mimicking heme oxygenase-1 preconditioning. Hepatology. 2003;38:364-73 pubmed
- Akiba Y, Kato S, Katsube K, Nakamura M, Takeuchi K, Ishii H, et al. Transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily 1 expressed in pancreatic islet beta cells modulates insulin secretion in rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:219-25 pubmed..This study may account for the influences of capsaicin on the food intake and energy consumption as well as on the pathophysiological regulation of pancreatic endocrine. ..
- Kubota N, Terauchi Y, Kubota T, Kumagai H, Itoh S, Satoh H, et al. Pioglitazone ameliorates insulin resistance and diabetes by both adiponectin-dependent and -independent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8748-55 pubmed..Thus, pioglitazone-induced amelioration of insulin resistance and diabetes may occur adiponectin dependently in the liver and adiponectin independently in skeletal muscle. ..
- Kudo T, Toda T, Ushiki T, Ohi K, Ikarashi N, Ochiai W, et al. Differences in the pharmacokinetics of Cyp3a substrates in TSOD and streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. Xenobiotica. 2010;40:282-90 pubmed publisher..This may be a factor in the difference in the drug pharmacokinetics between T2DM and T1DM patients...
- Numata T, Araya J, Fujii S, Hara H, Takasaka N, Kojima J, et al. Insulin-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and ERK signaling pathways inhibit TLR3-mediated human bronchial epithelial cell apoptosis. J Immunol. 2011;187:510-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the significance of TLR3-mediated dsRNA-induced apoptosis in the pathogenesis of apoptosis-driven lung disease and provide evidence for a novel protective role of insulin. ..
- Pham N, Akter S, Kurotani K, Nanri A, Sato M, Hayabuchi H, et al. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and markers of insulin resistance in a Japanese working population. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2012;66:1323-8 pubmed publisher..02). Our findings suggest that low vitamin D status is associated with IR among Japanese adults. ..
- Kato H, Nomura K, Osabe D, Shinohara S, Mizumori O, Katashima R, et al. Association of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 (SOCS2) gene with type 2 diabetes in the Japanese. Genomics. 2006;87:446-58 pubmed..Adenovirus-mediated expression of the SOCS2 gene in MIN6 cells or isolated rat islets significantly suppressed glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. Our data indicate that SOCS2 may play a role in susceptibility to T2D in the Japanese. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Yahagi N, Nakagawa Y, Matsuzaka T, Shimizu R, Sekiya M, et al. In vivo promoter analysis on refeeding response of hepatic sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:329-35 pubmed..These mice are the first models to provide the mechanistic insight into the transcriptional regulation of SREBP-1c gene in vivo. ..
- Motojima K, Azuma K, Kitahara Y, Miura K, Mita T, Hirose T, et al. Repetitive postprandial hypertriglyceridemia induces monocyte adhesion to aortic endothelial cells in Goto-Kakizaki rats. Endocr J. 2008;55:373-9 pubmed..This increased monocyte adhesion is associated with the increased aortic expression of adhesion molecules such as ICAM-1, and connecting segment-1 fibronectin. ..
- Sue M, Hayashi M, Kawashima A, Akama T, Tanigawa K, Yoshihara A, et al. Thyroglobulin (Tg) activates MAPK pathway to induce thyroid cell growth in the absence of TSH, insulin and serum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:611-5 pubmed publisher..The present results, together with the previous report, suggest that Tg utilizes multiple signaling cascades to induce thyroid cell growth independent of TSH/cAMP stimulation. ..
- Nishiyama T, Yamashita K, Yokoyama T. Stress hormone changes in general anesthesia of long duration: isoflurane-nitrous oxide vs sevoflurane-nitrous oxide anesthesia. J Clin Anesth. 2005;17:586-91 pubmed..Epinephrine, norepinephrine, and ADH concentrations were higher in isoflurane-nitrous oxide anesthesia. ..
- Arakawa M, Ebato C, Mita T, Hirose T, Kawamori R, Fujitani Y, et al. Effects of exendin-4 on glucose tolerance, insulin secretion, and beta-cell proliferation depend on treatment dose, treatment duration and meal contents. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:809-14 pubmed publisher..While GLP-1 enhances proliferation of beta-cells in some diabetic mice models, our results suggest that GLP-1 stimulates beta-cell growth only when expansion of beta-cell mass is required to meet metabolic demands. ..
- Hayata K, Sakano K, Nishinaka S. Establishment of new highly insulin-sensitive cell lines and screening of compounds to facilitate glucose consumption. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;108:348-54 pubmed..The compounds that we obtained from the library screening will be good candidates for improving insulin resistance in muscle cells. ..
- Maruyama C, Ishibashi R, Araki R, Koike S, Hirose H, Maruyama T. HMW-adiponectin associates with triglyceride concentrations in type 1 diabetic patients. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:207-16 pubmed..HMW-adiponectin is more strongly associated with very low density lipoprotein remnant metabolism than glucose utilization in type 1 diabetic patients receiving short-acting insulin analogs. ..
- Awazawa M, Futami T, Sakada M, Kaneko K, Ohsugi M, Nakaya K, et al. Deregulation of pancreas-specific oxidoreductin ERO1? in the pathogenesis of diabetes mellitus. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1290-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate the importance of the fine-tuning of the ER redox state, the disturbance of which would compromise the function of ? cells in insulin synthesis and thus contribute to the pathogenesis of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Kameyama N, Maruyama C, Matsui S, Araki R, Yamada Y, Maruyama T. Effects of consumption of main and side dishes with white rice on postprandial glucose, insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide and glucagon-like peptide-1 responses in healthy Japanese men. Br J Nutr. 2014;111:1632-40 pubmed publisher
- Eto K, Yamashita T, Tsubamoto Y, Terauchi Y, Hirose K, Kubota N, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase suppresses glucose-stimulated insulin secretion by affecting post-cytosolic [Ca(2+)] elevation signals. Diabetes. 2002;51:87-97 pubmed..These results suggest that PI 3-kinase activity normally plays a crucial role in the suppression of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. ..
- Akune T, Ogata N, Hoshi K, Kubota N, Terauchi Y, Tobe K, et al. Insulin receptor substrate-2 maintains predominance of anabolic function over catabolic function of osteoblasts. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:147-56 pubmed
- Shimamura M, Matsuda M, Ando Y, Koishi R, Yasumo H, Furukawa H, et al. Leptin and insulin down-regulate angiopoietin-like protein 3, a plasma triglyceride-increasing factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:1080-5 pubmed..Insulin treatment of hepatocytes decreased Angptl3 gene expression and protein secretion. Our results suggest that elevated ANGPTL3 by leptin- or insulin-resistance is attributed to increased plasma TG and FFA concentrations in obesity. ..
- Sekine N, Takano K, Kimata Hayashi N, Kadowaki T, Fujita T. Adrenomedullin inhibits insulin exocytosis via pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein-coupled mechanism. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;291:E9-E14 pubmed..In conclusion, adrenomedullin at picomolar concentrations directly inhibited insulin secretion from beta-cells. This effect is likely due to the inhibition of insulin exocytosis through the activation of PTX-sensitive G proteins. ..
- Akimoto Y, Hart G, Wells L, Vosseller K, Yamamoto K, Munetomo E, et al. Elevation of the post-translational modification of proteins by O-linked N-acetylglucosamine leads to deterioration of the glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in the pancreas of diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats. Glycobiology. 2007;17:127-40 pubmed..These results indicate that elevation of the O-GlcNAcylation of proteins leads to deterioration of insulin secretion in the pancreas of diabetic GK rats, further providing evidence for the role of O-GlcNAc in the insulin secretion. ..
- Yamaguchi S, Katahira H, Ozawa S, Nakamichi Y, Tanaka T, Shimoyama T, et al. Activators of AMP-activated protein kinase enhance GLUT4 translocation and its glucose transport activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005;289:E643-9 pubmed
- Liu G, Kawaguchi H, Ogasawara T, Asawa Y, Kishimoto J, Takahashi T, et al. Optimal combination of soluble factors for tissue engineering of permanent cartilage from cultured human chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20407-15 pubmed
- Fujiwara Y, Hiroyama M, Sanbe A, Aoyagi T, Birumachi J, Yamauchi J, et al. Insulin hypersensitivity in mice lacking the V1b vasopressin receptor. J Physiol. 2007;584:235-44 pubmed..Thus, the blockade of the V1b receptor could result, at least in part, in enhanced insulin sensitivity by altering insulin signalling in adipocytes. ..
- Yano W, Kubota N, Itoh S, Kubota T, Awazawa M, Moroi M, et al. Molecular mechanism of moderate insulin resistance in adiponectin-knockout mice. Endocr J. 2008;55:515-22 pubmed
- Ebato C, Uchida T, Arakawa M, Komatsu M, Ueno T, Komiya K, et al. Autophagy is important in islet homeostasis and compensatory increase of beta cell mass in response to high-fat diet. Cell Metab. 2008;8:325-32 pubmed publisher..The results also identified a unique role for inductive autophagy as an adaptive response of beta cells in the presence of insulin resistance induced by high-fat diet. ..
- Kobayashi T, Nogami T, Taguchi K, Matsumoto T, Kamata K. Diabetic state, high plasma insulin and angiotensin II combine to augment endothelin-1-induced vasoconstriction via ETA receptors and ERK. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:974-83 pubmed publisher..Losartan improved both the diabetes-related abnormalities and the diabetic hypertension. ..
- Sohara E, Rai T, Yang S, Ohta A, Naito S, Chiga M, et al. Acute insulin stimulation induces phosphorylation of the Na-Cl cotransporter in cultured distal mpkDCT cells and mouse kidney. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24277 pubmed publisher..The present results demonstrated that insulin is a potent regulator of NCC phosphorylation in the kidney, and that WNK4 and SPAK are involved in this mechanism of NCC phosphorylation by insulin. ..
- Sakoda H, Ogihara T, Anai M, Fujishiro M, Ono H, Onishi Y, et al. Activation of AMPK is essential for AICAR-induced glucose uptake by skeletal muscle but not adipocytes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002;282:E1239-44 pubmed..Thus, although AMPK activation may not, by itself, be sufficient to increase glucose transport, it appears essential for AICAR-induced glucose uptake in muscle. ..
- Shojima N, Sakoda H, Ogihara T, Fujishiro M, Katagiri H, Anai M, et al. Humoral regulation of resistin expression in 3T3-L1 and mouse adipose cells. Diabetes. 2002;51:1737-44 pubmed..Furthermore, they suggest that these factors affect insulin sensitivity and fat tissue mass in part by altering the expression and eventual secretion of resistin from adipose cells. ..
- Ishii S, Kamegai J, Tamura H, Shimizu T, Sugihara H, Oikawa S. Role of ghrelin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic hyperphagia. Endocrinology. 2002;143:4934-7 pubmed..This is the first report to show the pathophysiological significance of ghrelin in diabetes. ..
- Nakamichi Y, Wada E, Aoki K, Ohara Imaizumi M, Kikuta T, Nishiwaki C, et al. Functions of pancreatic beta cells and adipocytes in bombesin receptor subtype-3-deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;318:698-703 pubmed..We concluded that impaired glucose metabolism observed in BRS-3-deficient mice was mainly caused by impaired GLUT4 translocation in adipocytes. ..
- Aoki Y, Morishita M, Asai K, Akikusa B, Hosoda S, Takayama K. Region-dependent role of the mucous/glycocalyx layers in insulin permeation across rat small intestinal membrane. Pharm Res. 2005;22:1854-62 pubmed..Furthermore, the variation of the enzymatic activities in the mucous/glycocalyx layers and in the brush-border membrane would be one factor that accounts for the regional differences in the transport of insulin. ..
- Amemiya Kudo M, Oka J, Ide T, Matsuzaka T, Sone H, Yoshikawa T, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins activate insulin gene promoter directly and indirectly through synergy with BETA2/E47. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34577-89 pubmed..This cryptic SREBP-1c action might play a compensatory role in insulin expression in diabetes with beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Matsumoto T, Yoshiyama S, Wakabayashi K, Kobayashi T, Kamata K. Effects of chronic insulin on endothelial dysfunction of basilar arteries from established streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;504:119-27 pubmed..Furthermore, we directly demonstrated that the expression profile for SOD and NAD(P)H oxidase was altered in the streptozotocin-induced diabetic basilar artery. ..
- Nara N, Nakayama Y, Okamoto S, Tamura H, Kiyono M, Muraoka M, et al. Disruption of CXC motif chemokine ligand-14 in mice ameliorates obesity-induced insulin resistance. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30794-803 pubmed..These results demonstrate that CXCL14 is a critical chemoattractant of WAT macrophages and a novel regulator of glucose metabolism that functions mainly in skeletal muscle. ..
- Ueyama A, Ban N, Fukazawa M, Hirayama T, Takeda M, Yata T, et al. Inhibition of MEK1 Signaling Pathway in the Liver Ameliorates Insulin Resistance. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:8264830 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that the MEK signaling pathway could be a novel therapeutic target for novel antidiabetic agents. ..
- Nomiyama T, Igarashi Y, Taka H, Mineki R, Uchida T, Ogihara T, et al. Reduction of insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by peroxynitrite is concurrent with tyrosine nitration of insulin receptor substrate-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:639-47 pubmed..Our results suggest that peroxynitrite reduces the IRS-1 protein level and decreases phosphorylation of IRS-1 concurrent with nitration of its tyrosine residues. ..
- Takayama S, Osawa M, Takahashi Y, Iwamoto Y. Painful neuropathy with trigeminal nerve involvement in type 2 diabetes. J Int Med Res. 2006;34:115-8 pubmed..This was a very unusual case of bilateral acute painful neuropathy that involved the ophthalmic and maxillary divisions of the trigeminal nerve, and in which aggravation of the symptoms clearly related to poor glycaemic control...
- Hayashi T, Hirano T, Yamamoto T, Ito Y, Adachi M. Intensive insulin therapy reduces small dense low-density lipoprotein particles in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: relationship to triglyceride-rich lipoprotein subspecies. Metabolism. 2006;55:879-84 pubmed..These results suggest that intensive insulin therapy decreases atherogenic sd-LDL particles by reducing TG in TG-rich lipoproteins. We did not find any specific relationship between VLDL1 and sd-LDL during insulin treatment. ..
- Hakuno F, Kurihara S, Watson R, Pessin J, Takahashi S. 53BP2S, interacting with insulin receptor substrates, modulates insulin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37747-58 pubmed..Together these data demonstrate that 53BP2S interacts and modulates the insulin signals mediated by IRSs. ..
- Fujishiro M, Gotoh Y, Katagiri H, Sakoda H, Ogihara T, Anai M, et al. MKK6/3 and p38 MAPK pathway activation is not necessary for insulin-induced glucose uptake but regulates glucose transporter expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19800-6 pubmed..Rather, p38 MAPK activation leads to a marked down-regulation of insulin-induced glucose uptake via GLUT4, which may underlie cellular stress-induced insulin resistance caused by tumor necrosis factor alpha and other factors. ..
- Sakamoto M, Inoue G, Tsuyusaki K, Usui K, Watanabe M, Irie J, et al. Comparison of oxidative stress markers in type 2 diabetes: basal bolus therapy versus twice daily premixed insulin analogs. Intern Med. 2010;49:355-9 pubmed..7+/-1.6 ng/mg Cr vs 5.4+/-1.9 ng/mg Cr, respectively). Conclusion These results suggest that MIX is equivalent to BB in terms of glycemic fluctuations and oxidative stress. ..
- Inageda K. Insulin modulates induction of glucose-regulated protein 78 during endoplasmic reticulum stress via augmentation of ATF4 expression in human neuroblastoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3649-54 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of ATF4 by siRNA significantly inhibited GRP78 induction by insulin. These results indicate that insulin modulated ER stress-induced GRP78 expression occurs via ATF4 up-regulation. ..
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Nishiwaki C, Kikuta T, Nagai S, Nakamichi Y, Nagamatsu S. TIRF imaging of docking and fusion of single insulin granule motion in primary rat pancreatic beta-cells: different behaviour of granule motion between normal and Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rat beta-cells. Biochem J. 2004;381:13-8 pubmed..Thus our results indicate that the decreased number of docked insulin granules accounts for the impaired insulin release during the first phase of insulin release in diabetic GK rat beta-cells. ..
- Shinoda Y, Yamaguchi M, Ogata N, Akune T, Kubota N, Yamauchi T, et al. Regulation of bone formation by adiponectin through autocrine/paracrine and endocrine pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:196-208 pubmed
- Ohtani M, Mizuno I, Kojima Y, Ishikawa Y, Sodeno M, Asakura Y, et al. Spermidine regulates insulin synthesis and cytoplasmic Ca(2+) in mouse beta-TC6 insulinoma cells. Cell Struct Funct. 2009;34:105-13 pubmed..These results suggested that spermidine rather than spermine plays an important role in the regulation of insulin synthesis and the glucose-induced [Ca(2+)](i) rise in Beta-TC6 cells. ..
- Sato K, Aoki M, Kondo R, Matsushita K, Akiba Y, Kamada T. Administration of insulin to newly hatched chicks improves growth performance via impairment of MyoD gene expression and enhancement of cell proliferation in chicken myoblasts. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:457-63 pubmed publisher..These results detail not only species-specific differences in insulin action for myoblasts but also provide novel information that may be used for the improvement of chicken meat production. ..
- Yamaguchi K, Takeda K, Kadowaki H, Ueda I, Namba Y, Ouchi Y, et al. Involvement of ASK1-p38 pathway in the pathogenesis of diabetes triggered by pancreatic ß cell exhaustion. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:3656-63 pubmed publisher..Pancreatic ß cell death caused by insulin overload appears to be involved in the pathogenesis of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Inhibition of the ASK1-p38 pathway may be an effective therapy for various types of diabetes. ..
- Akter S, Eguchi M, Kuwahara K, Kochi T, Ito R, Kurotani K, et al. High dietary acid load is associated with insulin resistance: The Furukawa Nutrition and Health Study. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:453-459 pubmed publisher..03). Dietary acid load score was not appreciably associated with fasting glucose or HbA1c levels. The present findings suggest that high dietary acid load is associated with IR among apparently healthy adults. ..
- Ito E, Ozawa S, Takahashi K, Tanaka T, Katsuta H, Yamaguchi S, et al. PPAR-gamma overexpression selectively suppresses insulin secretory capacity in isolated pancreatic islets through induction of UCP-2 protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:810-4 pubmed..And it is possible that its site of action can be located in the energy-consuming exocytotic process of insulin secretory granules, and that the reduction of ATP production through increased UCP-2 reduces insulin exocytosis. ..
- Fujii M, Takei I, Umezawa K. Antidiabetic effect of orally administered conophylline-containing plant extract on streptozotocin-treated and Goto-Kakizaki rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2009;63:710-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the extract from conophylline-containing leaves may be useful as a functional food for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Nemoto M, Hiki Y, Shimada K, Nakai N, Fujimoto K, Inoue S, et al. Novel hormonal delivery method using the ink-jet technology: application to pulmonary insulin therapies. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2011;13:509-17 pubmed publisher..The ink-jet process did not affect the quality or biological activity of insulin, suggesting the potential use of the ink-jet device for insulin inhalation therapy for diabetes. ..