Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunoblotting in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Kim Kaneyama J, Suzuki W, Ichikawa K, Ohki T, Kohno Y, Sata M, et al. Uni-axial stretching regulates intracellular localization of Hic-5 expressed in smooth-muscle cells in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:937-49 pubmed..These results suggested that Hic-5 was a mediator of tensional force, translocating directly from focal adhesions to actin stress fibers upon mechanical stress and regulating the contractile capability of cells in the stress fibers. ..
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Ohtsuka T, Matsushima S, Akimoto Y, Nishiwaki C, Nakamichi Y, et al. ELKS, a protein structurally related to the active zone-associated protein CAST, is expressed in pancreatic beta cells and functions in insulin exocytosis: interaction of ELKS with exocytotic machinery analyzed by total internal reflection fluorescen. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3289-300 pubmed..Moreover, attenuation of ELKS expression by small interfering RNA reduced the glucose-evoked insulin release. These data suggest that the CAZ-related protein ELKS functions in insulin exocytosis from pancreatic beta cells. ..
- Sasaki Y, Tsubota K, Kawedia J, Menon A, Yasui M. The difference of aquaporin 5 distribution in acinar and ductal cells in lacrimal and parotid glands. Curr Eye Res. 2007;32:923-9 pubmed..This study was designed to clarify the physiological function and tissue distribution of aquaporin 5 (AQP5) in the lacrimal and parotid glands...
- Kim M, Nakamoto T, Nishimori S, Tanaka K, Chiba T. A new ubiquitin ligase involved in p57KIP2 proteolysis regulates osteoblast cell differentiation. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:878-84 pubmed publisher..As overexpression of p57(KIP2) promoted osteoblast differentiation, these results indicate the importance of FBL12 and the degradation of p57(KIP2) in the regulation of osteoblast cell differentiation. ..
- Tanaka H, Hoshikawa Y, Oh hara T, Koike S, Naito M, Noda T, et al. PRMT5, a novel TRAIL receptor-binding protein, inhibits TRAIL-induced apoptosis via nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:557-69 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest the therapeutic potential of PRMT5 in TRAIL-based cancer treatments ..
- Arakawa Y, Saito S, Yamada H, Aiba K. Simultaneous treatment with camptothecin and valproic acid suppresses induction of Bcl-X(L) and promotes apoptosis of MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Apoptosis. 2009;14:1076-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that simultaneous administration of camptothecin and valproic acid might be useful for anticancer therapy. ..
- Hwang J, Takagi M, Murakami H, Sekido Y, Shin ya K. Induction of tubulin polymerization and apoptosis in malignant mesothelioma cells by a new compound JBIR-23. Cancer Lett. 2011;300:189-96 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in vivo analysis demonstrated that JBIR-23 prevented tumor growth in tumor-bearing nude mice without evident side effects. ..
- Mita M, Yamamoto K, Nakamura M, Takeshige Y, Watanabe M, Nagahama Y. Participation of Gs-proteins in the action of relaxin-like gonad-stimulating substance (GSS) for 1-methyladenine production in starfish ovarian follicle cells. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;176:432-7 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that the failure of GSS to produce 1-MeAde is because of a lack of Gs-proteins in follicle cells at stage IV...
- Koike M, Tanida I, Nanao T, Tada N, Iwata J, Ueno T, et al. Enrichment of GABARAP relative to LC3 in the axonal initial segments of neurons. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63568 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that, compared with LC3, GABARAP is enriched in the AIS, in addition to the cell bodies and dendrites, of these hippocampal pyramidal neurons and cerebellar Purkinje cells. ..
- Satoh A, Takayama E, Kojima K, Ogawa H, Katsura Y, Kina T, et al. Characterization of human p33/41 (annexin IV), a Ca2+ dependent carbohydrate-binding protein with monoclonal anti-annexin IV antibodies, AS11 and AS17. Biol Pharm Bull. 1997;20:224-9 pubmed..The results of the inhibition assays and the determination of the epitope showed that a carbohydrate binding site is located at domains 3 and 4 of p33/41 (annexin IV) and on the cell surface. ..
- Hashimoto G, Inoki I, Fujii Y, Aoki T, Ikeda E, Okada Y. Matrix metalloproteinases cleave connective tissue growth factor and reactivate angiogenic activity of vascular endothelial growth factor 165. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36288-95 pubmed..MMPs may play a novel role through CTGF degradation in VEGF-induced angiogenesis during embryonic development, tissue maintenance, and/or pathological processes of various diseases. ..
- Ito S, Higuchi Y, Yagi Y, Nishijima F, Yamato H, Ishii H, et al. Reduction of indoxyl sulfate by AST-120 attenuates monocyte inflammation related to chronic kidney disease. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:837-45 pubmed publisher..The main finding of this study was that AST-120 inhibited monocyte activation by reducing IS in vivo. This provides new insights on how AST-120 attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis in CKD. ..
- Nakata N, Sasakawa C, Okada N, Tobe T, Fukuda I, Suzuki T, et al. Identification and characterization of virK, a virulence-associated large plasmid gene essential for intercellular spreading of Shigella flexneri. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:2387-95 pubmed..These results suggest that VirK function is an essential virulence determinant for shigellae involved in the expression of virG gene product at post-transcriptional level...
- Ishiguro K, Shiratsuchi A, Sato S, Omori A, Arioka M, Kobayashi S, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta is identical to tau protein kinase I generating several epitopes of paired helical filaments. FEBS Lett. 1993;325:167-72 pubmed..Moreover, we found that TPKI activity was inseparable from GSK3 activity throughout the purification procedure. These results indicate that TPKI is identical to GSK3 beta. ..
- Mitsuno Y, Yoshida H, Maeda S, Ogura K, Hirata Y, Kawabe T, et al. Helicobacter pylori induced transactivation of SRE and AP-1 through the ERK signalling pathway in gastric cancer cells. Gut. 2001;49:18-22 pubmed..Direct contact with viable bacteria possessing intact cag PAI is a prerequisite for the onset of intracellular signalling leading to AP-1 transactivation. ..
- Yasuda J, Yokoo H, Yamada T, Kitabayashi I, Sekiya T, Ichikawa H. Nemo-like kinase suppresses a wide range of transcription factors, including nuclear factor-kappaB. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:52-7 pubmed..The extent of suppression by NLK was similar among the transcription factors tested (50-60% reduction). Our results suggest that NLK may suppress a wide range of gene expression, possibly through CBP. ..
- Sakamoto T, Weng J, Hara T, Yoshino S, Kozuka Hata H, Oyama M, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 regulation through cross talk between mTOR and MT1-MMP. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:30-42 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a novel molecular link between the important hub proteins MT1-MMP and mTOR that contributes to tumor malignancy. ..
- Masuda S, Murakami M, Takanezawa Y, Aoki J, Arai H, Ishikawa Y, et al. Neuronal expression and neuritogenic action of group X secreted phospholipase A2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23203-14 pubmed..These observations suggest the potential contribution of sPLA(2)-X to neuronal differentiation, and possibly repair, under certain conditions. ..
- Yamashita Y, Ikeda T, Matsuda M, Maji D, Hoshino T, Mizushima T. Purification and characterization of HSP-inducers from Eupatorium lindleyanum. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:909-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EA and EB could be beneficial for use in cosmetics and medicines as a consequence of their inhibitory action on UV-induced skin damage and melanin production. ..
- Tachibana K, Umezawa A, Takano T. Detection and characterization of mRNA and proteins encoded by human rab2 low molecular weight GTP-binding protein gene. Biochem Int. 1992;28:181-9 pubmed..pp25rab2 was slightly more phosphorylated than pp24rab2. Both rab2 proteins were abundantly detected in neural PC12 and NB3 cells, and mostly pp24rab2 was produced in the other human and rodent cells. ..
- Kiyono M, Shibuya M. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 mediates apoptosis of capillary endothelial cells during rat pupillary membrane regression. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4627-36 pubmed..These results indicate that BMP4 pathways play pivotal roles in capillary regression in a paracrine manner between lens and PMs. ..
- Wei J, Fujita M, Nakai M, Waragai M, Sekigawa A, Sugama S, et al. Protective role of endogenous gangliosides for lysosomal pathology in a cellular model of synucleinopathies. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1891-909 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that endogenous gangliosides may play protective roles against the lysosomal pathology of synucleinopathies. ..
- Tago K, Nakamura T, Nishita M, Hyodo J, Nagai S, Murata Y, et al. Inhibition of Wnt signaling by ICAT, a novel beta-catenin-interacting protein. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1741-9 pubmed..These results suggest that ICAT negatively regulates Wnt signaling via inhibition of the interaction between beta-catenin and TCF and is integral in development and cell proliferation. ..
- Nadanaka S, Sato C, Kitajima K, Katagiri K, Irie S, Yamagata T. Occurrence of oligosialic acids on integrin alpha 5 subunit and their involvement in cell adhesion to fibronectin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33657-64 pubmed
- Yamaguchi S, Hasegawa M, Aizawa S, Tanaka K, Yoshida K, Noda Y, et al. DNA-dependent protein kinase enhances DNA damage-induced apoptosis in association with Friend gp70. Leuk Res. 2005;29:307-16 pubmed..These results indicated that FLV-infection enhances DNA damage-induced apoptosis via p53 activation and that DNA-PK, in association with gp70, might play critical roles in modulating the signaling pathway. ..
- Hattori K, Uchino S, Isosaka T, Maekawa M, Iyo M, Sato T, et al. Fyn is required for haloperidol-induced catalepsy in mice. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7129-35 pubmed
- Furuya K, Miwa S, Omura M, Asakura T, Yamano K, Takatori K, et al. Mouse monoclonal immunoglobulin E antibodies specific for the microsporidian Encephalitozoon cuniculi polar tube protein 1. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2008;27:153-7 pubmed publisher..These antibodies may be useful in the study of allergenic PTP1 as well in the purification and detection of the PTP1 antigen...
- Saeki C, Nakano M, Takahashi H, Saito S, Homma S, Tajiri H, et al. Accumulation of functional regulatory T cells in actively inflamed liver in mouse dendritic cell-based autoimmune hepatic inflammation. Clin Immunol. 2010;135:156-66 pubmed publisher..Accumulation of Tregs might occur through Treg recruitment mediated by CXCR3/CXCL9 interaction and expansion in the liver by upregulated TGF-beta and IL-2. ..
- Tatsumi T, Takayama K, Ishii S, Yamamoto A, Hara T, Minami N, et al. Forced lipophagy reveals that lipid droplets are required for early embryonic development in mouse. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Thus, by inducing forced lipophagy, expression of the p62 fusion protein generated LD-depleted cells, revealing an unexpected role of LD during preimplantation development. ..
- Seto H, Kamekura S, Miura T, Yamamoto A, Chikuda H, Ogata T, et al. Distinct roles of Smad pathways and p38 pathways in cartilage-specific gene expression in synovial fibroblasts. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:718-26 pubmed
- Takahashi H, Goto N, Kojima Y, Tsuda Y, Morio Y, Muramatsu M, et al. Downregulation of type II bone morphogenetic protein receptor in hypoxic pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L450-8 pubmed..These results suggest abrogation of BMP signaling may be a common molecular pathogenesis in the development of PH with various pathophysiological events, including primary and hypoxic PH. ..
- Yae T, Tsuchihashi K, Ishimoto T, Motohara T, Yoshikawa M, Yoshida G, et al. Alternative splicing of CD44 mRNA by ESRP1 enhances lung colonization of metastatic cancer cell. Nat Commun. 2012;3:883 pubmed publisher..The epithelial splicing regulatory protein 1-CD44v-xCT axis is thus a potential therapeutic target for the prevention of metastasis. ..
- Shimoyama Y, Tsujimoto G, Kitajima M, Natori M. Identification of three human type-II classic cadherins and frequent heterophilic interactions between different subclasses of type-II classic cadherins. Biochem J. 2000;349:159-67 pubmed..Although these data were obtained from an in vitro study, they should be useful for understanding cadherin-mediated mechanisms of development, morphogenesis and cell-cell interactions in vivo. ..
- Tomita T, Katayama R, Takikawa R, Iwatsubo T. Complex N-glycosylated form of nicastrin is stabilized and selectively bound to presenilin fragments. FEBS Lett. 2002;520:117-21 pubmed
- Okabe T, Nakamura T, Nishimura Y, Kohu K, Ohwada S, Morishita Y, et al. RICS, a novel GTPase-activating protein for Cdc42 and Rac1, is involved in the beta-catenin-N-cadherin and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9920-7 pubmed..Thus, RICS may regulate dendritic spine morphology and strength by modulating Rho GTPases. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Kurokawa M, Imai Y, Izutsu K, Asai T, Ichikawa M, et al. AML1 is functionally regulated through p300-mediated acetylation on specific lysine residues. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15630-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that acetylation of AML1 through p300 is a critical manner of posttranslational modification and identify a novel mechanism for regulating the function of AML1. ..
- Ohashi Y, Hasegawa Y, Murayama K, Ogawa M, Hasegawa T, Kawai M, et al. A new diagnostic test for VLCAD deficiency using immunohistochemistry. Neurology. 2004;62:2209-13 pubmed..The new screening method for the detection of VLCAD deficiency using an immunohistochemical technique identified 13 new Japanese patients with VLCAD deficiency. ..
- Masuda S, Murakami M, Matsumoto S, Eguchi N, Urade Y, Lambeau G, et al. Localization of various secretory phospholipase A2 enzymes in male reproductive organs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1686:61-76 pubmed..Taken together, individual sPLA(2)s exhibit distinct or partially overlapping localizations in male reproductive organs, suggesting both specific and redundant functions. ..
- Amemiya Kudo M, Oka J, Ide T, Matsuzaka T, Sone H, Yoshikawa T, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins activate insulin gene promoter directly and indirectly through synergy with BETA2/E47. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34577-89 pubmed..This cryptic SREBP-1c action might play a compensatory role in insulin expression in diabetes with beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Morikawa Futamatsu K, Adachi S, Maejima Y, Tamamori Adachi M, Suzuki J, Kitajima S, et al. HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor fluvastatin prevents angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy via Rho kinase and inhibition of cyclin D1. Life Sci. 2006;79:1380-90 pubmed..This novel mechanism discovered for fluvastatin could be revealed how HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors are preventing cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Noguchi S, Hamano E, Matsushita I, Hijikata M, Ito H, Nagase T, et al. Differential effects of a common splice site polymorphism on the generation of OAS1 variants in human bronchial epithelial cells. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:395-401 pubmed publisher..Cellular DNA fragmentation induced by neutrophil elastase was more preferentially found in cells with the AA genotype. Thus, our findings provide insights into the potential role of OAS1 polymorphisms in respiratory infection. ..
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Kim H, Yoshida M, Fujiwara T, Aoyagi K, Toyofuku Y, et al. Serotonin regulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretion from pancreatic β cells during pregnancy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19420-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that serotonin, acting in a paracrine/autocrine manner through Htr3, lowers the β cell threshold for glucose and plays an essential role in the increased GSIS of pregnancy. ..
- Shimada K, Matsushita Y, Wakabayashi K, Takahashi M, Matsubara A, Iijima Y, et al. Cloning and functional expression of human endothelin-converting enzyme cDNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;207:807-12 pubmed..Both COS-1 cells expressing human ECE and its membrane fraction converted big ET-1 most efficiently among big ETs. ..
- Takeshima H, Shimuta M, Komazaki S, Ohmi K, Nishi M, Iino M, et al. Mitsugumin29, a novel synaptophysin family member from the triad junction in skeletal muscle. Biochem J. 1998;331 ( Pt 1):317-22 pubmed..The subcellular distribution and protein structure suggest that mitsugumin29 is involved in communication between the T-tubular and junctional SR membranes. ..
- Suzuki C, Murakami G, Fukuchi M, Shimanuki T, Shikauchi Y, Imamura T, et al. Smurf1 regulates the inhibitory activity of Smad7 by targeting Smad7 to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39919-25 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that the plasma membrane localization of Smad7 by Smurf1 requires the C2 domain of Smurf1 and is essential for the inhibitory effect of Smad7 in the transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathway. ..
- Miyake I, Hakomori Y, Misu Y, Nakadate H, Matsuura N, Sakamoto M, et al. Domain-specific function of ShcC docking protein in neuroblastoma cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:3206-15 pubmed..Reciprocal change of ShcC expression and phosphorylation observed in malignant neuroblastoma cell lines might be explained by these phosphotyrosine-dependent and -independent functions of ShcC. ..
- Tada H, Okano H, Takagi H, Shibata S, Yao I, Matsumoto M, et al. Fbxo45, a novel ubiquitin ligase, regulates synaptic activity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3840-9 pubmed publisher..We also found that Fbxo45 induces the degradation of a synaptic vesicle-priming factor, Munc13-1. We propose that Fbxo45 plays an important role in the regulation of neurotransmission by modulating Munc13-1 at the synapse. ..
- Tsugama D, Liu S, Takano T. A bZIP protein, VIP1, is a regulator of osmosensory signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:144-55 pubmed publisher..The time course of nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of VIP1 was consistent with the time courses of the expression of CYP707A1/3. These results suggest that VIP1 functions as a regulator of osmosensory signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Matsumura K, Yamada H, Shimizu T, Campbell K. Differential expression of dystrophin, utrophin and dystrophin-associated proteins in peripheral nerve. FEBS Lett. 1993;334:281-5 pubmed
- Okochi E, Miyamoto K, Wakazono K, Shima H, Sugimura T, Ushijima T. Reduced Brca1 protein expression in 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine-induced rat mammary carcinomas. Mol Carcinog. 2002;34:211-8 pubmed..As underlying mechanisms, alterations in posttranscriptional regulation or stability of Brca1 protein were suggested. ..
- Ogawa F, Adachi S, Kohu K, Shige K, Akiyama T. Binding of the human homolog of the Drosophila discs large tumor suppressor protein to the mitochondrial ribosomal protein MRP-S34. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:789-92 pubmed..Our results suggest that hDLG interacts with MRP-S34 prior to entry of MRP-S34 into the mitochondria and may be involved in the trafficking of MRP-S34. ..
- Nakayama K, Okugawa S, Yanagimoto S, Kitazawa T, Tsukada K, Kawada M, et al. Involvement of IRAK-M in peptidoglycan-induced tolerance in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6629-34 pubmed..These results suggest that induction of IRAK-M and inhibition of kinase activity of IRAK-1 are crucial to PGN-induced tolerance in macrophages. ..
- Fujimoto M, Hamaguchi Y, Yazawa N, Komura K, Takehara K, Sato S. Autoantibodies to a collagen-specific molecular chaperone, heat-shock protein 47, in systemic sclerosis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2004;138:534-9 pubmed..Anti-HSP47 autoantibodies were also positive in 79% of TSK/+ mice. Thus, autoantibodies to HSP47 were present in the sera from SSc patients as well as those from TSK mice, and may be associated with the pathogenesis of SSc. ..
- Hashimoto A, Hirose K, Iino M. BAD detects coincidence of G2/M phase and growth factor deprivation to regulate apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26225-32 pubmed..These results indicate that BAD induces apoptosis upon detecting the coincidence of G2/M phase and growth factor deprivation. ..
- Kabashima A, Higuchi H, Takaishi H, Matsuzaki Y, Suzuki S, Izumiya M, et al. Side population of pancreatic cancer cells predominates in TGF-beta-mediated epithelial to mesenchymal transition and invasion. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2771-9 pubmed publisher..Because micro-invasion and metastasis are key mechanisms of cancer malignant potential, SP cells would be the attractive target for preventing cancer progression. ..
- Mizuno Y, Ohta S, Tanaka M, Takamiya S, Suzuki K, Sato T, et al. Deficiencies in complex I subunits of the respiratory chain in Parkinson's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;163:1450-5 pubmed..Deficiencies in Complex I subunits seem to be one of the most important clues to elucidate pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Suhara W, Yoneyama M, Kitabayashi I, Fujita T. Direct involvement of CREB-binding protein/p300 in sequence-specific DNA binding of virus-activated interferon regulatory factor-3 holocomplex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22304-13 pubmed..Furthermore, the critical function of these domains in virus-induced gene activation was demonstrated in vivo by using p300 mutants. ..
- Huang J, Hamasaki H, Nakamoto T, Honda H, Hirai H, Saito M, et al. Differential regulation of cell migration, actin stress fiber organization, and cell transformation by functional domains of Crk-associated substrate. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27265-72 pubmed..Overall, differential uses of the Cas domains in individual biological processes were demonstrated. ..
- Nakamichi Y, Wada E, Aoki K, Ohara Imaizumi M, Kikuta T, Nishiwaki C, et al. Functions of pancreatic beta cells and adipocytes in bombesin receptor subtype-3-deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;318:698-703 pubmed..We concluded that impaired glucose metabolism observed in BRS-3-deficient mice was mainly caused by impaired GLUT4 translocation in adipocytes. ..
- Arai T, Mackenzie I, Hasegawa M, Nonoka T, Niizato K, Tsuchiya K, et al. Phosphorylated TDP-43 in Alzheimer's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies. Acta Neuropathol. 2009;117:125-36 pubmed publisher..There may be genetic factors, such as mutations or genetic variants of PGRN underlying the co-occurrence of abnormal deposition of TDP-43, tau and alpha-synuclein. ..
- Shibata K, Nakahara S, Shimizu E, Yamashita T, Matsuki N, Koyama R. Repulsive guidance molecule a regulates hippocampal mossy fiber branching in vitro. Neuroreport. 2013;24:609-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study suggests that RGMa regulates the proper axonal branching of hippocampal mossy fibers. ..
- Ishino T, Ohtsuki S, Homma K, Natori S. cDNA cloning of mouse prolyl endopeptidase and its involvement in DNA synthesis by Swiss 3T3 cells. J Biochem. 1998;123:540-5 pubmed..Mouse PEP was shown to be localized partly in restricted nuclear regions. These results suggest that PEP participates in mammalian DNA synthesis. ..
- Yoshida Y, von Bubnoff A, Ikematsu N, Blitz I, Tsuzuku J, Yoshida E, et al. Tob proteins enhance inhibitory Smad-receptor interactions to repress BMP signaling. Mech Dev. 2003;120:629-37 pubmed..Our results provide both in vitro and in vivo evidence that Tob inhibits endogenous BMP signaling by facilitating inhibitory Smad functions. ..
- Nakamichi Y, Kikuta T, Ito E, Ohara Imaizumi M, Nishiwaki C, Ishida H, et al. PPAR-gamma overexpression suppresses glucose-induced proinsulin biosynthesis and insulin release synergistically with pioglitazone in MIN6 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;306:832-6 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that PPAR-gamma plays a negative role in pancreatic beta cells. ..
- Sasaki T, Hirabayashi J, Manya H, Kasai K, Endo T. Galectin-1 induces astrocyte differentiation, which leads to production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Glycobiology. 2004;14:357-63 pubmed..Induction of astrocyte differentiation and BDNF production by an endogenous mammalian lectin may be a new mechanism for preventing neuronal loss after injury. ..
- Kuroda H, Mochizuki S, Shimoda M, Chijiiwa M, Kamiya K, Izumi Y, et al. ADAM28 is a serological and histochemical marker for non-small-cell lung cancers. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1844-56 pubmed publisher..05). These data demonstrate that our ELISA is specific and sensitive to monitor the levels of ADAM28 in the samples from NSCLC patients and suggest that ADAM28 is a useful serological and histochemical marker for NSCLC. ..
- Ito M, Murakami K, Suzuki T, Mochida K, Suzuki M, Ikebuchi K, et al. Enhanced expression of lymphomagenesis-related genes in peripheral blood B cells of chronic hepatitis C patients. Clin Immunol. 2010;135:459-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a possible relationship between chronic HCV infection and B-lymphomagenesis...
- Johansson E, Komuro A, Iwata C, Hagiwara A, Fuse Y, Watanabe A, et al. Exogenous introduction of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 reduces accelerated growth of TGF-?-disrupted diffuse-type gastric carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:2398-403 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that one of the mechanisms of the increase in angiogenesis in diffuse-type gastric carcinoma is the downregulation of the anti-angiogenic protein TIMP2. ..
- Miyata N, Azuma T, Hozawa S, Higuchi H, Yokoyama A, Kabashima A, et al. Transforming growth factor ? and Ras/MEK/ERK signaling regulate the expression level of a novel tumor suppressor Lefty. Pancreas. 2012;41:745-52 pubmed publisher..The results imply a novel therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer, that is, combination treatment with Ras/MEK/ERK inhibitors and TGF-?. ..
- Niikura T, Hashimoto Y, Tajima H, Ishizaka M, Yamagishi Y, Kawasumi M, et al. A tripartite motif protein TRIM11 binds and destabilizes Humanin, a neuroprotective peptide against Alzheimer's disease-relevant insults. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1150-8 pubmed..These results suggest that TRIM11 plays a role in the regulation of intracellular HN level through ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation pathways. ..
- Sonoda Y, Amano C, Endo M, Sato Y, Sekigawa Y, Fukuhara M. Lanosterol 14 alpha-demethylase (cytochrome P-45014DM): modulation of its enzyme activity by cholesterol feeding. Biol Pharm Bull. 1995;18:1009-11 pubmed..This result suggests that regulation of the activity involves phosphorylation of this enzyme. ..
- Inukai K, Funaki M, Anai M, Ogihara T, Katagiri H, Fukushima Y, et al. Five isoforms of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulatory subunit exhibit different associations with receptor tyrosine kinases and their tyrosine phosphorylations. FEBS Lett. 2001;490:32-8 pubmed..These results suggest that each isoform possesses specific roles in signal transduction, based on its individual tyrosine kinase receptor. ..
- Kanekura K, Hashimoto Y, Kita Y, Sasabe J, Aiso S, Nishimoto I, et al. A Rac1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt3 anti-apoptotic pathway, triggered by AlsinLF, the product of the ALS2 gene, antagonizes Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase (SOD1) mutant-induced motoneuronal cell death. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4532-43 pubmed..Among three Akt family proteins, Akt3 is the major downstream mediator for alsinLF/Rac1-mediated neuroprotection, which is specifically effective against SOD1 mutant-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Hata S, Koyama S, Kawahara H, Doi N, Maeda T, Toyama Sorimachi N, et al. Stomach-specific calpain, nCL-2, localizes in mucus cells and proteolyzes the beta-subunit of coatomer complex, beta-COP. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11214-24 pubmed..These results strongly suggest novel functions for nCL-2 that involve the membrane trafficking of mucus cells via interactions with coat protein. ..
- Kojima C, Kawakami A, Takei T, Nitta K, Yoshida M. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor attenuates monocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium through modulation of intracellular zinc. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;323:855-60 pubmed..These data suggest that ACEI reduces MCP-1 or PMA-triggered monocyte adhesion to activated HUVECs by modulating labile zinc in monocytes. Our findings may point out a novel anti-inflammatory mechanism of ACEIs in atherogenesis. ..
- Itoh M, Suzuki Y, Akaboshi S, Zhang Z, Miyabara S, Takashima S. Developmental and pathological expression of peroxisomal enzymes: their relationship of D-bifunctional protein deficiency and Zellweger syndrome. Brain Res. 2000;858:40-7 pubmed..D-BF deficiency may exhibit a range of symptoms during the neonatal and early infantile periods some of which may be similar to Zellweger syndrome. ..
- Kabuta T, Hakuno F, Asano T, Takahashi S. Insulin receptor substrate-3 functions as transcriptional activator in the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6846-51 pubmed..These results suggest that intracellular localization of IRS-3 is determined by a different mechanism from other IRS proteins, and that IRS-3 possesses a transcription-regulating activity. ..
- Sato T, Kanai Y, Noma T, Kanai Azuma M, Taya S, Matsui T, et al. A close correlation in the expression patterns of Af-6 and Usp9x in Sertoli and granulosa cells of mouse testis and ovary. Reproduction. 2004;128:583-94 pubmed..It further suggests that the post-translational regulation of Af-6 by Usp9x may be one potential pathway to control the cell adhesion dynamics in mammalian gametogenesis. ..
- Niino Y, Irie T, Takaishi M, Hosono T, Huh N, Tachikawa T, et al. PKCtheta II, a new isoform of protein kinase C specifically expressed in the seminiferous tubules of mouse testis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36711-7 pubmed..g. phosphatidylserine and phorbol ester. PKCthetaII may play a crucial role in spermatogenesis or some related function of the testis. ..
- Tsuji K, Mizumoto K, Sudo H, Kouyama K, Ogata E, Matsuoka M. p53-independent apoptosis is induced by the p19ARF tumor suppressor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:621-9 pubmed..We thus conclude that there is a p53-independent pathway for p19(ARF)-induced apoptosis that is insensitive to inhibition by Mdm2. ..
- Kobayashi A, Tanaka H, Hamada Y, Ishizaki S, Nagashima Y, Shiomi K. Comparison of allergenicity and allergens between fish white and dark muscles. Allergy. 2006;61:357-63 pubmed..Thus, the dark muscle is less implicated in fish allergy than the white muscle. ..
- Hasegawa M, Arai T, Akiyama H, Nonaka T, Mori H, Hashimoto T, et al. TDP-43 is deposited in the Guam parkinsonism-dementia complex brains. Brain. 2007;130:1386-94 pubmed..These results suggest that accumulation of TDP-43 is a common process in certain neurodegenerative disorders, including FTLD-U, ALS and G-PDC. ..
- Takahashi E, Nagano O, Ishimoto T, Yae T, Suzuki Y, Shinoda T, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha regulates transforming growth factor-beta-dependent epithelial-mesenchymal transition by promoting hyaluronan-CD44-moesin interaction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4060-73 pubmed publisher..The production of hyaluronan and its interaction with CD44, thus, play an essential role in TNF-alpha-induced EMT and are potential therapeutic targets in fibrotic disorders. ..
- Irie A, Habuchi H, Kimata K, Sanai Y. Heparan sulfate is required for bone morphogenetic protein-7 signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:858-65 pubmed..8 cells is inhibited by chlorate treatment and exogenous application of heparin. These results demonstrate that BMP-7 specifically binds to cell-surface HS and the BMP-7-HS interaction is required for BMP-7 signaling. ..
- Watabe M, Hishikawa K, Takayanagi A, Shimizu N, Nakaki T. Caffeic acid phenethyl ester induces apoptosis by inhibition of NFkappaB and activation of Fas in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6017-26 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that NFkappaB inhibition is sufficient to induce apoptosis and that Fas activation plays a role in NFkappaB inhibition-induced apoptosis in MCF-7 cells. ..
- Watanabe A, Hippo Y, Taniguchi H, Iwanari H, Yashiro M, Hirakawa K, et al. An opposing view on WWOX protein function as a tumor suppressor. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8629-33 pubmed..These findings provide novel insights into aspects of human WWOX function in both normal and malignant cells. ..