Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hypertension in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Nagase M, Hirose S, Fujita T. Unique repetitive sequence and unexpected regulation of expression of rat endothelial receptor for oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LOX-1). Biochem J. 1998;330 ( Pt 3):1417-22 pubmed
- Shindo T, Kurihara Y, Nishimatsu H, Moriyama N, Kakoki M, Wang Y, et al. Vascular abnormalities and elevated blood pressure in mice lacking adrenomedullin gene. Circulation. 2001;104:1964-71 pubmed..AM is indispensable for the vascular morphogenesis during embryonic development and for postnatal regulation of blood pressure by stimulating nitric oxide production. ..
- Ito S, Hiratsuka M, Komatsu K, Tsukamoto K, Kanmatsuse K, Sved A. Ventrolateral medulla AT1 receptors support arterial pressure in Dahl salt-sensitive rats. Hypertension. 2003;41:744-50 pubmed..Thus, RVLM AT1Rs appear to contribute to salt-dependent hypertension in DS rats, and the paraventricular nucleus may be a source of this tonic activation. ..
- Ogawa O, Hayashi C, Nakaniwa T, Tanaka Y, Kawamori R. Arterial stiffness is associated with diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2005;68:162-6 pubmed..54-8.52) quartiles. Diabetic retinopathy was, therefore, associated with arterial stiffness in patients with type 2 diabetes. Our findings also suggested that PWV might be a marker of vascular injury caused by chronic hyperglycemia. ..
- Nakayama T, Kuroi N, Sano M, Tabara Y, Katsuya T, Ogihara T, et al. Mutation of the follicle-stimulating hormone receptor gene 5'-untranslated region associated with female hypertension. Hypertension. 2006;48:512-8 pubmed..004). The SNP in the 5'-untranslated region of the FSHR gene affects levels of transcriptional activity and is a susceptibility mutation of EH in women. ..
- Kawamori R, Daida H, Tanaka Y, Miyauchi K, Kitagawa A, Hayashi D, et al. Amlodipine versus angiotensin II receptor blocker; control of blood pressure evaluation trial in diabetics (ADVANCED-J). BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2006;6:39 pubmed..It is expected to give an important hint for considering the validity of selection of antihypertensive drugs from the aspects not only of the antihypertensive effect but medical cost-effectiveness. ..
- Nakayama T. Prostacyclin analogues: prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2006;4:351-9 pubmed..PGI(2) analogues that can be used in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases are also discussed. ..
- Konuma T, Ooi J, Takahashi S, Tomonari A, Tsukada N, Kobayashi T, et al. Cardiovascular toxicity of cryopreserved cord blood cell infusion. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2008;41:861-5 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that infusion of cryopreserved CB without further manipulation after thawing is safe and well tolerated. However, cardiovascular toxicities including hypertension and bradycardia were frequently observed. ..
- Usuda K, Katayama Y. The effect of doxazosin mesilate on cerebral blood flow in patients with hypertension and chronic cerebral infarction. J Nippon Med Sch. 2009;76:148-53 pubmed..Doxazosin mesilate might be an effective antihypertensive agent for hypertensive chronic cerebral infarction. ..
- Shimodaira M, Nakayama T, Sato N, Naganuma T, Yamaguchi M, Aoi N, et al. Association study of the elastin microfibril interfacer 1 (EMILIN1) gene in essential hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:547-55 pubmed publisher..001). We confirmed that rs2289360, rs2011616, and rs2304682 in the human EMILIN1 gene, as well as the haplotype constructed using rs2536512, rs2011616, and rs17881426 are useful genetic markers of EH in Japanese men. ..
- Wang Z, Fukuda T, Azuma T, Furuhata H. Safety of low-frequency transcranial ultrasound in permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012;33:23-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that sonothrombolytic treatment with LFTUS with appropriate parameters is safe when used for the treatment of ischemic stroke in hypertensive rats under the undesired permanent MCAO condition. ..
- Susa K, Kita S, Iwamoto T, Yang S, Lin S, Ohta A, et al. Effect of heterozygous deletion of WNK1 on the WNK-OSR1/ SPAK-NCC/NKCC1/NKCC2 signal cascade in the kidney and blood vessels. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012;16:530-8 pubmed..Although WNK1(+/-) mice have been reported to have hypotension, detailed analyses of the WNK signal cascade in the kidney and other organs of WNK1(+/-) mice have not been performed...
- Tsuboi N, Utsunomiya Y, Kanzaki G, Koike K, Ikegami M, Kawamura T, et al. Low glomerular density with glomerulomegaly in obesity-related glomerulopathy. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;7:735-41 pubmed publisher..Low glomerular density associated with glomerulomegaly may be a characteristic histologic finding of patients with obesity-related glomerulopathy. ..
- Shimosawa T. Salt, the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and resistant hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2013;36:657-60 pubmed publisher..Additionally, basic research has suggested that oxidative stress and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the brain represent new targets for the treatment of resistant hypertension. ..
- Ishizaka N, Nakao A, Ohishi N, Suzuki M, Aizawa T, Taguchi J, et al. Increased leukotriene A(4) hydrolase expression in the heart of angiotensin II-induced hypertensive rat. FEBS Lett. 1999;463:155-9 pubmed..These data suggest that the cardiac LTA(4) hydrolase-LTB(4) system plays a positive role in the promotion of cardiac inflammation in hypertension. ..
- Ro A, Kageyama N, Abe N, Takatsu A, Fukunaga T. Intracranial vertebral artery dissection resulting in fatal subarachnoid hemorrhage: clinical and histopathological investigations from a medicolegal perspective. J Neurosurg. 2009;110:948-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, earlier diagnosis of intracranial VA dissections at the unruptured stage is desirable for prophylaxis against fatal SAH. ..
- Yamazaki T, Kohro T, Chujo M, Ishigaki M, Hashimoto T. The occurrence rate of cerebrovascular and cardiac events in patients receiving antihypertensive therapy from the post-marketing surveillance data for valsartan in Japan (J-VALID). Hypertens Res. 2013;36:140-50 pubmed publisher..These data will add important knowledge regarding the treatment of hypertension in Japan. ..
- Sato T, Sato C, Kadowaki A, Watanabe H, Ho L, Ishida J, et al. ELABELA-APJ axis protects from pressure overload heart failure and angiotensin II-induced cardiac damage. Cardiovasc Res. 2017;113:760-769 pubmed publisher..The different effects of ELA and Apelin on the expression of ACE and ACE2 implicate fine-tuned mechanisms for a ligand-induced APJ activation and downstream signalling. ..
- Rahmutula D, Nakayama T, Soma M, Sato M, Izumi Y, Kanmatsuse K, et al. Systematic screening of type B human natriuretic peptide receptor gene polymorphisms and association with essential hypertension. J Hum Hypertens. 2001;15:471-4 pubmed
- Atarashi H, Inoue H, Fukunami M, Sugi K, Hamada C, Origasa H. Double-blind placebo-controlled trial of aprindine and digoxin for the prevention of symptomatic atrial fibrillation. Circ J. 2002;66:553-6 pubmed..In conclusion, neither aprindine nor digoxin had a significant effect on preventing relapse of symptomatic AF; however, recurrence of AF occurred later with aprindine than with placebo or digoxin. ..
- Mukae S, Itoh S, Aoki S, Iwata T, Nishio K, Sato R, et al. Association of polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and bradykinin B2 receptor with ACE-inhibitor-related cough. J Hum Hypertens. 2002;16:857-63 pubmed
- Watanabe T, Kanome T, Miyazaki A, Katagiri T. Human urotensin II as a link between hypertension and coronary artery disease. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:375-87 pubmed..These findings suggest that U-II plays key roles in accelerating the development of atherosclerosis, thereby leading to coronary artery disease. ..
- Yamada A, Sugimoto T, Kondo S, Ohta M, Watabe H, Maeda S, et al. Assessment of the risk factors for colonic diverticular hemorrhage. Dis Colon Rectum. 2008;51:116-20 pubmed..042) were shown to be significant risk factors by multivariate analysis. Hypertension, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and anticoagulants, including aspirin, are independent risk factors for colonic diverticular hemorrhage. ..
- Kawabe H, Saito I. Correlation of repeated measurements of home blood pressure on one occasion and diagnosis of hypertension: study by measurement over seven consecutive days. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2008;30:79-85 pubmed publisher..This trend was more pronounced when diagnosis was made from evening home BP. ..
- Noma H, Funatsu H, Sakata K, Harino S, Mimura T, Hori S. Macular microcirculation in hypertensive patients with and without branch retinal vein occlusion. Acta Ophthalmol. 2009;87:638-42 pubmed publisher..It is possible that a decrease in BFV may be involved in the occurrence of BRVO. Measurement of perifoveal capillary BFV may be useful for investigating the pathogenesis and progression of BRVO. ..
- Yao E, Fukuda N, Matsumoto T, Katakawa M, Yamamoto C, Han Y, et al. Effects of the antioxidative beta-blocker celiprolol on endothelial progenitor cells in hypertensive rats. Am J Hypertens. 2008;21:1062-8 pubmed publisher..EPC function is impaired by oxidative stress. We examined the effects of an antioxidative beta1-adrenoceptor blocker on the number and function of EPCs in hypertensive rats...
- Abe M, Okada K, Maruyama T, Matsumoto K. Renoprotect and blood pressure lowering effect of low-dose hydrochlorothiazide added to intensive renin-angiotensin inhibition in hypertensive patients with chronic kidney disease. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;47:525-32 pubmed
- Shimodaira M, Nakayama T, Sato N, Aoi N, Sato M, Izumi Y, et al. Association of HSD3B1 and HSD3B2 gene polymorphisms with essential hypertension, aldosterone level, and left ventricular structure. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010;163:671-80 pubmed publisher..025, P=0.014, and P=0.006 respectively). rs6203 and rs1047303 in the HSD3B1 gene are useful genetic markers for EH, while polymorphisms of HSD3B1 are associated with the BP and aldosterone level. ..
- Wakabayashi Y, Usui Y, Okunuki Y, Ueda S, Kimura K, Muramatsu D, et al. Intraocular VEGF level as a risk factor for postoperative complications after vitrectomy for proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:6403-10 pubmed..1; P = 0.020). High intraocular VEGF level at the time of primary vitrectomy in patients with PDR was identified as a significant risk factor for postoperative early VH. ..
- Zhao M, Konishi Y, Glewwe P. Does information on health status lead to a healthier lifestyle? Evidence from China on the effect of hypertension diagnosis on food consumption. J Health Econ. 2013;32:367-85 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that among the rich, hypertension diagnosis is more effective for individuals with lower education. ..
- Tsujimoto T, Yamamoto Honda R, Kajio H, Kishimoto M, Noto H, Hachiya R, et al. Accelerated decline of renal function in type 2 diabetes following severe hypoglycemia. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:681-5 pubmed publisher..68; 95% confidence interval, 1.12-6.38; P=0.02). Renal function after severe hypoglycemia was significantly worse in type 2 diabetes patients with blood pressure surge during severe hypoglycemia than those without blood pressure surge. ..
- Kido M, Ando K, Onozato M, Tojo A, Yoshikawa M, Ogita T, et al. Protective effect of dietary potassium against vascular injury in salt-sensitive hypertension. Hypertension. 2008;51:225-31 pubmed
- Nakamura K, Koibuchi N, Nishimatsu H, Higashikuni Y, Hirata Y, Kugiyama K, et al. Candesartan ameliorates cardiac dysfunction observed in angiotensin-converting enzyme 2-deficient mice. Hypertens Res. 2008;31:1953-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that enhanced stimulation of AT1 may play a role in the development of cardiac dysfunction observed in ACE2-deficient mice. ..
- Matsunaga T, Kuwata S, Muramatsu M. Computational gene knockout reveals transdisease-transgene association structure. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2010;8:843-66 pubmed
- Kume K, Hanyu H, Sakurai H, Takada Y, Onuma T, Iwamoto T. Effects of telmisartan on cognition and regional cerebral blood flow in hypertensive patients with Alzheimer's disease. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2012;12:207-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that telmisartan may have additional benefits and be useful for the treatment of elderly hypertensive patients with AD. ..
- Akazawa M, Fukuoka K. Economic impact of switching to fixed-dose combination therapy for Japanese hypertensive patients: a retrospective cost analysis. BMC Health Serv Res. 2013;13:124 pubmed publisher..e., switching to a combination therapy from monotherapy, regardless of medical conditions. Further research is required to evaluate the possible negative aspects of FDC drugs. ..
- Nakagawa K, Yamaguchi T, Seida M, Yamada S, Imae S, Tanaka Y, et al. Plasma concentrations of brain natriuretic peptide in patients with acute ischemic stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2005;19:157-64 pubmed..Follow-up serum sodium levels in CI patients with Af were negatively correlated with BNP levels on admission. This study suggests the hemodynamic implications of BNP in acute ischemic patients. ..
- Miyaki K, Tohyama S, Murata M, Kikuchi H, Takei I, Watanabe K, et al. Salt intake affects the relation between hypertension and the T-786C polymorphism in the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene. Am J Hypertens. 2005;18:1556-62 pubmed..The T-786C mutation warrants being considered a candidate for further study with the aim of tailor-made hypertension prevention. ..
- Saisho Y, Komiya N, Hirose H. Effect of valsartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker, on markers of oxidation and glycation in Japanese type 2 diabetic subjects: blood pressure-independent effect of valsartan. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2006;74:201-3 pubmed..In this study, low-dose valsartan treatment decreased serum AGEs level, whereas blood pressure level was unchanged. The effect of valsartan on AGEs might be a blood pressure-independent effect in type 2 diabetic subjects. ..
- Kawabe H, Saito I. Reproducibility of masked hypertension determined from morning and evening home blood pressure measurements over a 6-month period. Hypertens Res. 2007;30:845-51 pubmed..In conclusion, the reproducibility of masked hypertension over a 6-month period was moderate in an urban Japanese population when evaluated by morning home blood pressure. ..
- An J, Nakajima T, Kuba K, Kimura A. Losartan inhibits LPS-induced inflammatory signaling through a PPARgamma-dependent mechanism in human THP-1 macrophages. Hypertens Res. 2010;33:831-5 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that losartan inhibits LPS-induced proinflammatory gene expression in macrophages by activating the PPARgamma pathway rather than by the competitive inhibition of AT1R binding to AngII. ..
- Nakamura Y, Fujimoto T, Ogawa Y, Namiki H, Suzuki S, Asano M, et al. Lead optimization of 5-amino-6-(2,2-dimethyl-5-oxo-4-phenylpiperazin-1-yl)-4-hydroxyhexanamides to reduce a cardiac safety issue: discovery of DS-8108b, an orally active renin inhibitor. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:3175-96 pubmed publisher..Oral administration of single doses of 3 and 10 mg/kg of 56 in cynomolgus monkeys pre-treated with furosemide led to significant reduction of mean arterial blood pressure for more than 12 h. ..
- Mochizuki S, Shimizu M, Taniguchi I, Kanae K, Yoshida S, Tajima N, et al. JIKEI HEART Study--a morbi-mortality and remodeling study with valsartan in Japanese patients with hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004;18:305-9 pubmed..Improved prognosis would confirm the role of angiotensin II receptor blockers in the treatment of the cardiovascular disease in Japanese patients. ..
- Oizumi K, Nishino H, Koike H, Sada T, Miyamoto M, Kimura T. Antihypertensive effects of CS-905, a novel dihydropyridine Ca++ channel blocker. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1989;51:57-64 pubmed..CS-905 is expected to be an antihypertensive agent that is effective on a once a day regimen in clinical settings. ..
- Kobayashi K, Monkawa T, Hayashi M, Saruta T. Expression of the Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory protein family in genetically hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2004;22:1723-30 pubmed
- Yamaoka S, Okada A, Sugahara M, Hida T. Clinical features of polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy and visual outcomes in the absence of classic choroidal neovascularization. Ophthalmologica. 2010;224:147-52 pubmed publisher..More than two thirds of eyes had no evidence of classic CNV, of which 89% had stable or improved vision at 3 months without specific treatment. Of eyes followed for 12 months, 83% had stable or improved vision. ..
- Hayashi K, Wakino S, Sugano N, Ozawa Y, Homma K, Saruta T. Ca2+ channel subtypes and pharmacology in the kidney. Circ Res. 2007;100:342-53 pubmed..Furthermore, multifaceted activity of CCBs on T- and N-type Ca(2+) channels may offer additive benefits through nonhemodynamic mechanisms in the progression of chronic kidney disease. ..
- Hayashi A, Kimoto K. Nicotianamine preferentially inhibits Angiotensin I-converting enzyme. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2007;53:331-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the preferential inhibition of circulatory and tissue ACE by NA can contribute to the suppression of hypertension. ..
- Susa N, Nishida Y, Yada Y, Nakayama T, Asai S, Takahashi Y. Comparative effect of fixed-dose combination tablets of candesartan cilexetil/amlodipine versus olmesartan medoxomil/azelnidipine on laboratory parameters in patients with hypertension: a retrospective cohort study. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2016;38:173-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that the effects of CAN/AML and OLM/AZ on laboratory parameters, including an unfavorable effect on renal function, were similar at least during 1 year of administration. ..
- Hirono Y, Yoshimoto T, Suzuki N, Sugiyama T, Sakurada M, Takai S, et al. Angiotensin II receptor type 1-mediated vascular oxidative stress and proinflammatory gene expression in aldosterone-induced hypertension: the possible role of local renin-angiotensin system. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1688-96 pubmed
- Shibuya Y, Ikeda T, Gomi T. Morning rise of blood pressure assessed by home blood pressure monitoring is associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients receiving long-term antihypertensive medication. Hypertens Res. 2007;30:903-11 pubmed..7% for women, p<0.001). These results suggest that morning rise of blood pressure is an important factor influencing the development of left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients on antihypertensive medication. ..
- Sonoda M, Aoyagi T, Takenaka K, Uno K, Nagai R. A one-year study of the antiatherosclerotic effect of the angiotensin-II receptor blocker losartan in hypertensive patients. A comparison with angiotension-converting enzyme inhibitors. Int Heart J. 2008;49:95-103 pubmed..Losartan appears to be a better alternative to ACE inhibitors for treating atherosclerosis in Japanese hypertensive patients. ..
- Fujita T. Mineralocorticoid receptors, salt-sensitive hypertension, and metabolic syndrome. Hypertension. 2010;55:813-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, both salt and obesity activate Rac1 and cause MR activation. Abnormal activation of the aldosterone/MR pathway plays a key role in the development of salt-sensitive hypertension and renal injury in metabolic syndrome...
- Mori Y, Tanaka T, Matsuura K, Yokoyama J, Utsunomiya K. Influence of telmisartan on insulin response after glucose loading in obese patients with hypertension: ARB trial of hypertension in obese patients with hyperinsulinemia assessed by oral glucose tolerance test (ATHLETE). Adv Ther. 2011;28:698-706 pubmed publisher..In patients with hypertension and obesity showing insulin resistance, treatment with telmisartan significantly improved the hyperinsulin response to glucose loading. Telmisartan may therefore be beneficial in these patients. ..
- Sezai A, Osaka S, Yaoita H, Arimoto M, Hata H, Shiono M, et al. Changeover Trial of Azilsartan and Olmesartan Comparing Effects on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System in Patients with Essential Hypertension after Cardiac Surgery (CHAOS Study). Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;22:161-7 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, it may be effective in patients with increased renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system activity after cardiac surgery or patients with severe cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Nakayama T, Soma M, Mizutani Y, Xinjuan X, Honye J, Kaneko Y, et al. A novel missense mutation of exon 3 in the type A human natriuretic peptide receptor gene: possible association with essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2002;25:395-401 pubmed..We conclude that the significance of homozygous M3411 mutation in exon 3 is worth investigating for its possible association with EH. ..
- Sato N, Nakayama T, Asai S, Soma M. A haplotype in the human Sur2 gene is associated with essential hypertension. J Hum Hypertens. 2006;20:87-90 pubmed
- Kitamura N, Takahashi Y, Yamadate S, Asai S. Angiotensin II receptor blockers decreased blood glucose levels: a longitudinal survey using data from electronic medical records. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2007;6:26 pubmed..Our findings provide new clinical evidence that the effects of ARBs on glucose metabolism may change during the course of treatment, suggesting a blood glucose-lowering effect in the short-term after the start of treatment. ..
- Iigaya K, Kumagai H, Nabika T, Harada Y, Onimaru H, Oshima N, et al. Relation of blood pressure quantitative trait locus on rat chromosome 1 to hyperactivity of rostral ventrolateral medulla. Hypertension. 2009;53:42-8 pubmed publisher..The QTL on rat chromosome 1 was primarily related to the postsynaptic response of RVLM bulbospinal neurons to brain angiotensin II, whereas both the QTL and other genomic regions influenced the basal activity of RVLM neurons. ..
- Sanae M, Yasuo A. Green asparagus (Asparagus officinalis) prevented hypertension by an inhibitory effect on angiotensin-converting enzyme activity in the kidney of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:5520-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 2?-hydroxynicotianamine in asparagus may be one of the factors inhibiting ACE activity in the kidney, thus preventing hypertension and preserving renal function. ..
- Ichihara A, Kobori H, Nishiyama A, Navar L. Renal renin-angiotensin system. Contrib Nephrol. 2004;143:117-30 pubmed
- Ichihara A, Kaneshiro Y, Takemitsu T, Sakoda M, Suzuki F, Nakagawa T, et al. Nonproteolytic activation of prorenin contributes to development of cardiac fibrosis in genetic hypertension. Hypertension. 2006;47:894-900 pubmed
- Nakayama T, Masubuchi Y, Kawauchi K, Masaki R, Hironaga T, Ishima H, et al. Beneficial effect of beraprost sodium plus telmisartan in the prevention of arterial stiffness development in elderly patients with hypertension and cerebral infarction. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2007;76:309-14 pubmed..When BPS is combined with TS, an overall additive effect is seen in the improvement of PWV in Japanese patients with hypertension and cerebral infarction. This combination therapy is more beneficial than the corresponding monotherapies. ..
- Kobayashi T, Nogami T, Taguchi K, Matsumoto T, Kamata K. Diabetic state, high plasma insulin and angiotensin II combine to augment endothelin-1-induced vasoconstriction via ETA receptors and ERK. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:974-83 pubmed publisher..Losartan improved both the diabetes-related abnormalities and the diabetic hypertension. ..
- Xu G, Watanabe T, Iso Y, Koba S, Sakai T, Nagashima M, et al. Preventive effects of heregulin-beta1 on macrophage foam cell formation and atherosclerosis. Circ Res. 2009;105:500-10 pubmed publisher..Macrophage foam cell formation, characterized by cholesterol ester accumulation, is modulated by scavenger receptor class A (SR-A), acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT)1, and ATP-binding cassette transporter (ABC)A1...
- Bokuda K, Ichihara A, Sakoda M, Mito A, Kinouchi K, Itoh H. Blood pressure-independent effect of candesartan on cardio-ankle vascular index in hypertensive patients with metabolic syndrome. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2010;6:571-8 pubmed..Candesartan may be a better antihypertensive drug than CCBs to improve subclinical atherosclerosis of patients with MetS...
- Oka M. Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibition restores impaired ACh relaxation in hypertensive conduit pulmonary arteries. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;280:L432-5 pubmed..These results suggest that cGMP-dependent relaxation is impaired in the proximal but not in the distal pulmonary artery of CH rats and that increased PDE5 activity could be a mechanism responsible for this impaired responsiveness...
- Sugiyama T, Kato N, Ishinaga Y, Yamori Y, Yazaki Y. Evaluation of selected polymorphisms of the Mendelian hypertensive disease genes in the Japanese population. Hypertens Res. 2001;24:515-21 pubmed..However, the present study did not definitively resolve this issue and further investigation is certainly warranted. ..
- Wang Z, Nakayama T, Sato N, Izumi Y, Kasamaki Y, Ohta M, et al. The purinergic receptor P2Y, G-protein coupled, 2 (P2RY2) gene associated with essential hypertension in Japanese men. J Hum Hypertens. 2010;24:327-35 pubmed publisher..001 and 0.014, respectively). In conclusion, the present results indicate that rs4944831 and the T-A-G haplotype of the human P2RY2 gene might be genetic markers for EH in Japanese men. ..
- Omae K, Ogawa T, Nitta K. Therapeutic advantage of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in patients with proteinuric chronic kidney disease. Heart Vessels. 2010;25:203-8 pubmed publisher..Among drugs in use, ACEI was an independent prognostic factor, whose odds ratio was 0.147. The present study suggests that ACEI is a prognostic factor independent of hypotensive action and UP in CKD patients. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Takata Y, Usui Y, Asanuma R, Nishihata Y, Kato K, et al. Nocturnal Intermittent Hypoxia Is Associated With Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Middle-Aged Men With Hypertension and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Am J Hypertens. 2016;29:372-8 pubmed publisher..Nocturnal intermittent hypoxia defined by IAD may be associated with LV hypertrophy in men with well-controlled hypertension and obstructive sleep apnea. ..
- Kushiro T, Fujita H, Hisaki R, Asai T, Ichiyama I, Kitahara Y, et al. Oxidative stress in the Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive rat. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2005;27:9-15 pubmed..1 +/- 48.4 ng/24 hr in LS versus 322.8 +/- 46.7 ng/24 hr in HS, p < .05), and U-8-OHdG was correlated with SBP (r = 0.681) in Dahl-S rats. These results suggest oxygen radicals are involved in the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Kohro T, Yamazaki T, Sato H, Ohe K, Nagai R. The impact of a change in hypertension management guidelines on diuretic use in Japan: trends in antihypertensive drug prescriptions from 2005 to 2011. Hypertens Res. 2013;36:559-63 pubmed publisher..Further effort to disseminate the content of these guidelines, so that it is reflected in actual clinical practice, may be warranted. ..
- Amagasa H, Okazaki M, Iwai S, Kumai T, Kobayashi S, Oguchi K. Enhancement of the coagulation system in spontaneously hypertensive and hyperlipidemic rats. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2005;12:191-8 pubmed..These results suggest that hypercoagulation concomitant with the increase in hepatic mRNA expression of fibrinogen components may contribute to the development of atherosclerosis in the SHHR. ..
- Nakamura T, Osawa M, Uchiyama S, Iwata M. Arterial hypertension in patients with left primary hemifacial spasm is associated with neurovascular compression of the left rostral ventrolateral medulla. Eur Neurol. 2007;57:150-5 pubmed..These results are of potential clinical importance for the treatment of primary hemifacial spasm with arterial hypertension. ..
- Chiba T, Itoh T, Tabuchi M, Nakazawa T, Satou T. Interleukin-1? accelerates the onset of stroke in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats. Mediators Inflamm. 2012;2012:701976 pubmed publisher..006) compared to each control (n = 10 per group). These results suggest that a stimulated IL-1? signal might be a cause of stroke onset when concomitant with severe hypertension. ..
- Inoue D, Muraoka R, Okazaki R, Nishizawa Y, Sugimoto T. Efficacy and Safety of Risedronate in Osteoporosis Subjects with Comorbid Diabetes, Hypertension, and/or Dyslipidemia: A Post Hoc Analysis of Phase III Trials Conducted in Japan. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;98:114-22 pubmed publisher..01-1.11), but was not related to increase in any specific events. Risedronate shows consistent safety and efficacy in suppressing bone turnover and increasing BMD in osteoporosis patients with comorbid DM, HT, and/or DL. ..
- Matsushita K, Harada K, Miyazaki T, Miyamoto T, Kohsaka S, Iida K, et al. Effect of Heart Failure Secondary to Ischemic Cardiomyopathy on Body Weight and Blood Pressure. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1589-1594 pubmed publisher..001 for both groups). In conclusion, a history of CAD canceled the obesity paradox in patients with acute HF, whereas the BP paradox persisted regardless of a history of CAD. ..
- Sasamura H, Kitamura Y, Nakamura M, Ryuzaki M, Saruta T. Effects of the angiotensin receptor blocker candesartan on arterial stiffness and markers of extracellular matrix metabolism in patients with essential hypertension. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2006;28:511-20 pubmed..These effects on ECM metabolism could have a beneficial effect in decreasing vascular pathology in patients with essential hypertension. ..
- Ishikura K, Ikeda M, Hamasaki Y, Hataya H, Nishimura G, Hiramoto R, et al. Nephrotic state as a risk factor for developing posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in paediatric patients with nephrotic syndrome. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008;23:2531-6 pubmed publisher..The re-administration of cyclosporine to those patients with anamnesis of PRES may be considered after the management and close monitoring of these factors as well as hypertension. ..
- Shimada T, Kudo T, Akase T, Aburada M. Preventive effects of Bofutsushosan on obesity and various metabolic disorders. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1362-7 pubmed..The above results suggested that Bofutsushosan could be effective in preventing obesity and various metabolic disorders. ..
- Chida K, Miyagawa M, Kawamura H, Takasu T. Effects of chemical stimulation of the rostral ventrolateral medulla on cerebral and renal microcirculation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1998;70:51-5 pubmed..The data indicate that cerebral and systemic microcirculatory responses elicited by excitation of the RVLM neurons do not differ between SHR and WKY...
- Nakayama T, Soma M, Takahashi Y, Rehemudula D, Tobe H, Sato M, et al. Polymorphism of the promoter region of prostacyclin synthase gene is not related to essential hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2001;14:409-11 pubmed..The allele frequency distribution in the two groups were not significantly different. Thus, this VNTR polymorphism in the PGIS gene is not associated with EH. ..
- Sano M, Kuroi N, Nakayama T, Sato N, Izumi Y, Soma M, et al. Association study of calcitonin-receptor-like receptor gene in essential hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2005;18:403-8 pubmed..032). Our findings suggest that rs696574 can be used as a genetic marker of EH in women. ..
- Nagase M, Shibata S, Yoshida S, Nagase T, Gotoda T, Fujita T. Podocyte injury underlies the glomerulopathy of Dahl salt-hypertensive rats and is reversed by aldosterone blocker. Hypertension. 2006;47:1084-93 pubmed