Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications1378 found, 100 shown here
- Matsuura K, Haraguchi Y, Shimizu T, Okano T. Cell sheet transplantation for heart tissue repair. J Control Release. 2013;169:336-40 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current cardiac cell therapies for treating heart failure with cell sheet technology and cell sheet-based tissue engineering. ..
- Bandoh K, Aoki J, Hosono H, Kobayashi S, Kobayashi T, Murakami Murofushi K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human G-protein-coupled receptor, EDG7, for lysophosphatidic acid. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27776-85 pubmed
- Harada J, Sugimoto M. Activation of caspase-3 in beta-amyloid-induced apoptosis of cultured rat cortical neurons. Brain Res. 1999;842:311-23 pubmed..Furthermore, in the presence of caspase inhibitors, Abeta-induced neuronal death still occurred with different morphological features. ..
- Yamataka A, Yanai T, Hosoda Y, Segawa O, Kobayashi H, Miyano T. A case of biliary atresia with duplication of the common bile duct. J Pediatr Surg. 2001;36:506-7 pubmed..A diagnosis of BA with duplicated common bile duct was made. Postoperative course was uneventful, and at a follow-up assessment at 7 months, she was jaundice free, and her progress has been unremarkable...
- Chen Y, Takita J, Chen Y, Yang H, Hanada R, Yamamoto K, et al. Genomic structure and mutational analysis of the human KIF1Balpha gene located at 1p36.2 in neuroblastoma. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:737-44 pubmed..These results suggest that KIF1Ba in addition to KIF1Bbeta may not be a candidate tumor suppressor gene for NB. ..
- Saeki M, Saito Y, Jinno H, Sai K, Kaniwa N, Ozawa S, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of UGT1A6 in a Japanese population. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2005;20:85-90 pubmed..Our results provide fundamental and useful information for genotyping UGT1A6 in the Japanese, and probably Asian populations. ..
- Yamaguchi K, Ohno A. Investigation of the susceptibility trends in Japan to fluoroquinolones and other antimicrobial agents in a nationwide collection of clinical isolates: a longitudinal analysis from 1994 to 2002. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2005;52:135-43 pubmed..was detected in any of the surveys. The rate of FQ resistance to Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from urinary tract and respiratory tract infections was 40%-60% and 15%-25%, respectively. ..
- Itoh M, Suganami T, Satoh N, Tanimoto Koyama K, Yuan X, Tanaka M, et al. Increased adiponectin secretion by highly purified eicosapentaenoic acid in rodent models of obesity and human obese subjects. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1918-25 pubmed..Because EPA has reduced the risk of major coronary events in a large-scale, prospective, randomized clinical trial, this study provides important insight into its therapeutic implication in obesity-related metabolic sequelae. ..
- Mugishima H, Ohga S, Ohara A, Kojima S, Fujisawa K, Tsukimoto I. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for Diamond-Blackfan anemia: a report from the Aplastic Anemia Committee of the Japanese Society of Pediatric Hematology. Pediatr Transplant. 2007;11:601-7 pubmed..030). No other factors were associated with engraftment and survival. These results suggest that allogeneic BMT, but not unrelated CBT, is an effective HSCT for refractory DBA. ..
- Ozawa M, Baba K, Asai T. Molecular typing of avian pathogenic Escherichia coli O78 strains in Japan by using multilocus sequence typing and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. J Vet Med Sci. 2010;72:1517-20 pubmed..These results indicate that the combination of MLST and PFGE is useful for conducting epidemiological studies on APEC O78 strains. ..
- Utsunomiya Y, Hara Y, Ito H, Okonogi H, Miyazaki Y, Hashimoto Y, et al. Effects of probenecid on the pharmacokinetics of mizoribine and co-administration of the two drugs in patients with nephrotic syndrome. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;48:751-5 pubmed
- Watanabe T, Sasaki I, Sugita A, Fukushima K, Futami K, Hibi T, et al. Interval of less than 5 years between the first and second operation is a risk factor for a third operation for Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:17-24 pubmed publisher..8% versus 35.2%, P = 0.0232). An interval of less than 5 years between the first and the second operations is a significant risk factor for a third operation in patients with CD. ..
- Suda N, Shibata H, Kurihara I, Ikeda Y, Kobayashi S, Yokota K, et al. Coactivation of SF-1-mediated transcription of steroidogenic enzymes by Ubc9 and PIAS1. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2266-77 pubmed publisher..These results showed the physiological roles of Ubc9 and PIAS1 as SF-1 coactivators beyond sumoylation enzymes in adrenocortical steroidogenesis and suggested their possible pathophysiological roles in human cortisol-producing adenomas...
- Takaesu Y, Inoue Y, Komada Y, Kagimura T, Iimori M. Effects of nasal continuous positive airway pressure on panic disorder comorbid with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep Med. 2012;13:156-60 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that OSAS contributes to PD aggravation, and a combination of pharmaceutical treatment for PD and OSAS-specific treatments such as CPAP could be recommended for patients with PD comorbid with OSAS. ..
- Suzuki K. Diagnosis and treatment of multiple myeloma and AL amyloidosis with focus on improvement of renal lesion. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012;16:659-71 pubmed publisher..However, they are still difficult to be cured and require long-term disease control. In recent years, introduction of novel agents has changed their treatment strategies from the palliation therapy to the clinical cure. ..
- Sekine Y, Hatanaka R, Watanabe T, Sono N, Iemura S, Natsume T, et al. The Kelch repeat protein KLHDC10 regulates oxidative stress-induced ASK1 activation by suppressing PP5. Mol Cell. 2012;48:692-704 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Slim/KLHDC10 is an activator of ASK1, contributing to oxidative stress-induced cell death through the suppression of PP5. ..
- Inami T, Kataoka M, Shimura N, Ishiguro H, Yanagisawa R, Taguchi H, et al. Pulmonary edema predictive scoring index (PEPSI), a new index to predict risk of reperfusion pulmonary edema and improvement of hemodynamics in percutaneous transluminal pulmonary angioplasty. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;6:725-36 pubmed publisher..Pulmonary Flow Grade score is useful in determining therapeutic efficacy, and PEPSI is highly supportive to reduce the risk of RPE after PTPA. Using these 2 indexes, PTPA could become a safe and common therapeutic strategy for CTEPH. ..
- Niko Y, Didier P, Mely Y, Konishi G, Klymchenko A. Bright and photostable push-pull pyrene dye visualizes lipid order variation between plasma and intracellular membranes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18870 pubmed publisher..These differences in the lipid order were confirmed by fluorescence lifetime imaging (FLIM) at the blue edge of PA emission band. PA probe constitutes thus a new powerful tool for biomembrane research. ..
- Shimada K, Takahashi M, Ikeda M, Tanzawa K. Identification and characterization of two isoforms of an endothelin-converting enzyme-1. FEBS Lett. 1995;371:140-4 pubmed..The present findings verified the presence of two forms of ECE-1 over many species, which are created probably through alternative splicing. ..
- Sasaki G, Ogata T, Ishii T, Hasegawa T, Sato S, Matsuo N. Novel mutation of TBX3 in a Japanese family with ulnar-mammary syndrome: implication for impaired sex development. Am J Med Genet. 2002;110:365-9 pubmed..The results are consistent with the previous finding that UMS is caused by haploinsufficiency of TBX3, and imply that mild gonadotropin deficiency may be the primary cause for underdeveloped external genitalia in males with UMS...
- Suganuma T, Kawabata M, Ohshima T, Ikeda M. Growth suppression of human carcinoma cells by reintroduction of the p300 coactivator. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13073-8 pubmed..These results provide experimental evidence to show that p300 acts as a suppressor of tumor cell growth and suggest a distinct role of p300 in suppression of epithelial tumors. ..
- Sugiyama M, Atomi Y. Risk factors predictive of late complications after endoscopic sphincterotomy for bile duct stones: long-term (more than 10 years) follow-up study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:2763-7 pubmed..ES is a reasonable alternative even in young patients with choledocholithiasis. Careful follow-up is necessary, however, particularly for patients with a dilated bile duct or brown pigment stones. ..
- Yamada K, Takasaki T, Nawa M, Yabe S, Kurane I. Antibody responses determined for Japanese dengue fever patients by neutralization and hemagglutination inhibition assays demonstrate cross-reactivity between dengue and Japanese encephalitis viruses. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2003;10:725-8 pubmed..Thus, the neutralization test is more reliable than the HI test for serological diagnosis of dengue in countries where JE vaccination is widely used or JE is endemic. ..
- Abe N, Watanabe T, Izumisato Y, Suzuki Y, Masaki T, Mori T, et al. High mobility group A1 is expressed in metastatic adenocarcinoma to the liver and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, but not in hepatocellular carcinoma: its potential use in the diagnosis of liver neoplasms. J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:1144-9 pubmed
- Hansman G, Guntapong R, Pongsuwanna Y, Natori K, Katayama K, Takeda N. Development of an antigen ELISA to detect sapovirus in clinical stool specimens. Arch Virol. 2006;151:551-61 pubmed..Our results have shown the ELISA was useful in detecting SaV GI antigens in clinical stool specimens collected two days after the onset of illness. ..
- Masuda S, Murakami M, Ishikawa Y, Ishii T, Kudo I. Diverse cellular localizations of secretory phospholipase A2 enzymes in several human tissues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1736:200-10 pubmed..In addition, sPLA2-IIA,-IIE,-IIF and-X were highly expressed in gastric signet ring cell carcinoma. Thus, individual sPLA2s exhibit unique cellular localizations in each tissue, suggesting their distinct roles in pathophysiology. ..
- Uesawa Y, Mohri K. Effects of cranberry juice on nifedipine pharmacokinetics in rats. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006;58:1067-72 pubmed..In conclusion, it was found that CJ inhibits the CYP3A-mediated metabolism of NFP in both rats and humans. Furthermore, CJ alters NFP pharmacokinetics in rats. ..
- Tamegai Y, Saito Y, Masaki N, Hinohara C, Oshima T, Kogure E, et al. Endoscopic submucosal dissection: a safe technique for colorectal tumors. Endoscopy. 2007;39:418-22 pubmed..7 mm, range 20-60 mm). In our hands, ESD is a safe and effective resection technique for large colorectal neoplasms. As experience with the technique increases, it might gradually replace piecemeal EMR in the majority of cases. ..
- Kanamaru H, Karasawa K, Ichikawa R, Abe O, Miyashita M, Taniguchi K, et al. [Advantages of multislice spiral computed tomography for evaluation of serious coronary complications after Kawasaki disease]. J Cardiol. 2007;50:21-7 pubmed..MSCT offers advantages over CAG in the evaluation of calcified aneurysms and intimal hypertrophy, and is a potential diagnostic modality for coronary intervention in patients after Kawasaki disease. ..
- Baba K, Igarashi Y, Nishiyama A, John M, Akagawa Y, Ikebe K, et al. The relationship between missing occlusal units and oral health-related quality of life in patients with shortened dental arches. Int J Prosthodont. 2008;21:72-4 pubmed..An increase of 1 missing occlusal unit was associated with an increase of 2.1 OHIP-J units (95% CI: 0.6-3.5, P = .02) in a linear regression analysis. Missing occlusal units are related to OHRQoL impairment in subjects with SDAs...
- Nakamura A, Naito M, Tsuruo T, Fujita N. Freud-1/Aki1, a novel PDK1-interacting protein, functions as a scaffold to activate the PDK1/Akt pathway in epidermal growth factor signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5996-6009 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Freud-1/Aki1 is a novel receptor-selective scaffold protein for the PDK1/Akt pathway and present a new activation mechanism of Akt. ..
- Abe S, Seo Y, Hayashi H, Matsuda K, Usuki J, Azuma A, et al. Neutrophil adsorption by polymyxin B-immobilized fiber column for acute exacerbation in patients with interstitial pneumonia: a pilot study. Blood Purif. 2010;29:321-6 pubmed publisher..Serum MMP-9 levels were significantly decreased after PMX treatment. This pilot study demonstrated neutrophil adsorption by PMX and its possible clinical application for acute exacerbation of IP. ..
- Fujishiro H, Iseki E, Murayama N, Yamamoto R, Higashi S, Kasanuki K, et al. Diffuse occipital hypometabolism on [18 F]-FDG PET scans in patients with idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder: prodromal dementia with Lewy bodies?. Psychogeriatrics. 2010;10:144-52 pubmed publisher..However, the significance of particular patterns on [(18) F]-FDG PET scans in prodromal patients with dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) remains unclear...
- Tomii K, Sawada Y, Honda S. Convergent evolution in structural elements of proteins investigated using cross profile analysis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13:11 pubmed publisher..The results presented here give us new insights into the evolution of short protein segments. ..
- Shimada Y, Saji H, Yoshida K, Kakihana M, Honda H, Nomura M, et al. Pathological vascular invasion and tumor differentiation predict cancer recurrence in stage IA non-small-cell lung cancer after complete surgical resection. J Thorac Oncol. 2012;7:1263-70 pubmed publisher..Patients with these predictive factors of recurrence may be good candidates for adjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Suzuki H, Kawai H, Hirano H, Yoshida H, Kojima M, et al. Physical and sociopsychological characteristics of older community residents with mild cognitive impairment as assessed by the Japanese version of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 2013;26:209-20 pubmed publisher..Older persons with O-MCI defined by MoCA-J have partially decreased cognition and physical and sociopsychological functions. ..
- Murakami T, Zhang Y, Wang X, Hiroshima Y, Kasashima H, Yashiro M, et al. Orthotopic Implantation of Intact Tumor Tissue Leads to Metastasis of OCUM-2MD3 Human Gastric Cancer in Nude Mice Visualized in Real Time by Intravital Fluorescence Imaging. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2125-30 pubmed..These results demonstrate the physiological importance of intact cancer tissue for orthotopic implantation in order for tumors to properly grow and express their metastatic potential. ..
- Yoshimatsu Y, Nakahara T, Tanaka K, Inagawa Y, Narisawa Saito M, Yugawa T, et al. Roles of the PDZ-binding motif of HPV 16 E6 protein in oncogenic transformation of human cervical keratinocytes. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1303-1309 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of the carboxy-terminal motif of the E6 protein and downregulation of PAR3 in tumorigenic transformation of human cervical keratinocytes. ..
- Ikegami H, Shiga T, Tsushima T, Nirei T, Kasanuki H. Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) induced by amiodarone: a report on two cases. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2002;7:25-8 pubmed..Amiodarone-induced SIADH may occur during the initial loading period, and it may be improved by reduction of the dose without discontinuation of the drug. ..
- Zhang X, Mitsuru A, Igura K, Takahashi K, Ichinose S, Yamaguchi S, et al. Mesenchymal progenitor cells derived from chorionic villi of human placenta for cartilage tissue engineering. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:944-52 pubmed..The results of these in vivo and in vitro studies suggested that hPDMCs can be one of the possible allogeneic cell sources for tissue engineering of cartilage...
- Nawa M, Kanekura K, Hashimoto Y, Aiso S, Matsuoka M. A novel Akt/PKB-interacting protein promotes cell adhesion and inhibits familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked mutant SOD1-induced neuronal death via inhibition of PP2A-mediated dephosphorylation of Akt/PKB. Cell Signal. 2008;20:493-505 pubmed..Given its ubiquitous expression, BTBD10 appears to behave as a suppressor of cell death including neuronal cell death related to ALS and an enhancer of cell growth via its positive regulation of Akt phosphorylation. ..
- Yamada J, Tsuno N, Kitayama J, Tsuchiya T, Yoneyama S, Asakage M, et al. Anti-angiogenic property of zoledronic acid by inhibition of endothelial progenitor cell differentiation. J Surg Res. 2009;151:115-20 pubmed publisher..From these findings, we conclude that ZOL could be a potential anticancer agent by inhibiting angiogenesis. ..
- Koyama Y, Homma K, Fukami M, Miwa M, Ikeda K, Ogata T, et al. Two-step biochemical differential diagnosis of classic 21-hydroxylase deficiency and cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase deficiency in Japanese infants by GC-MS measurement of urinary pregnanetriolone/ tetrahydroxycortisone ratio and 11?-hydroxyandrostero. Clin Chem. 2012;58:741-7 pubmed publisher..35 mg/g creatinine. A specific cutoff for the ratio of Ptl to THEs can differentiate C21OHD and PORD from TH17OHP and controls. Additionally, the use of a specific cutoff of 11HA can distinguish between C21OHD and PORD. ..
- Prasansuttiporn T, Nakajima M, Foxton R, Tagami J. Scrubbing effect of self-etching adhesives on bond strength to NaOCl-treated dentin. J Adhes Dent. 2012;14:121-7 pubmed publisher..05). Using a scrubbing technique for applying self-etching adhesive systems to NaOCl-treated dentin was effective in improving the compromised bonding. ..
- Ito T, Katayama T, Hattie M, Sakurama H, Wada J, Suzuki R, et al. Crystal structures of a glycoside hydrolase family 20 lacto-N-biosidase from Bifidobacterium bifidum. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11795-806 pubmed publisher..The GlcNAc sugar ring of LNB is in a distorted conformation near (4)E, whereas that of LNB-thiazoline is in a (4)C1 conformation. A possible conformational pathway for the lacto-N-biosidase reaction is discussed. ..
- Hikita R, Kobayashi Y, Tsuji M, Kawamoto T, Moriyama K. Long-term orthodontic and surgical treatment and stability of a patient with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2014;145:672-84 pubmed publisher..This case report discusses the result of long-term observation of a patient with BWS who underwent tongue reduction, early orthodontic treatment, and surgical-orthodontic treatment. ..
- Kurashige J, Hasegawa T, Niida A, Sugimachi K, Deng N, Mima K, et al. Integrated Molecular Profiling of Human Gastric Cancer Identifies DDR2 as a Potential Regulator of Peritoneal Dissemination. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22371 pubmed publisher..DDR2 was identified as a driver gene for GC dissemination from the combined expression signature and can potentially serve as a novel therapeutic target for inhibiting GC peritoneal dissemination. ..
- Nakamura T, Yamazaki Y, Hatano Y, Miura I. NUP98 is fused to PMX1 homeobox gene in human acute myelogenous leukemia with chromosome translocation t(1;11)(q23;p15). Blood. 1999;94:741-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that constitutive expression and alteration of the transcriptional activity of the PMX1 homeodomain protein may be critical for myeloid leukemogenesis. ..
- Taki T, Kano H, Taniwaki M, Sako M, Yanagisawa M, Hayashi Y. AF5q31, a newly identified AF4-related gene, is fused to MLL in infant acute lymphoblastic leukemia with ins(5;11)(q31;q13q23). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:14535-40 pubmed..These findings suggest that AF5q31 and AF4 might define a new family particularly involved in the pathogenesis of 11q23-associated-ALL. ..
- Kitaoka H, Takaki R, Suki B. A three-dimensional model of the human airway tree. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;87:2207-17 pubmed..Its morphometric characteristics are in good agreement with those reported in the literature. The algorithm and the 3D airway model are useful for studying the structure-function relationship in the lung...
- Proby C, Ota T, Suzuki H, Koyasu S, Gamou S, Shimizu N, et al. Development of chimeric molecules for recognition and targeting of antigen-specific B cells in pemphigus vulgaris. Br J Dermatol. 2000;142:321-30 pubmed..Thus, specific recognition and targeting of antigen-specific B cells in PV was demonstrated; this strategy may hold promise as a future therapeutic option for PV and other autoimmune diseases. ..
- Yamazaki K. A case of splenic lymphoma with marked diffuse nodular fibrosis and calcification, complicated with severe autoimmune hemolytic anemia. J Submicrosc Cytol Pathol. 2003;35:17-23 pubmed
- Maehara T, Nariai T, Arai N, Kawai K, Shimizu H, Ishii K, et al. Usefulness of [11C]methionine PET in the diagnosis of dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor with temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2004;45:41-5 pubmed..The higher labeling index was not related to high MET uptake based on the SUV (p = 0.91) and L/C ratio (p = 0.38). Negative MET uptake in benign temporal lobe tumors with TLE is consistent with a preoperative diagnosis of DNET. ..
- Nomori H, Watanabe K, Ohtsuka T, Naruke T, Suemasu K. In vivo identification of sentinel lymph nodes for clinical stage I non-small cell lung cancer for abbreviation of mediastinal lymph node dissection. Lung Cancer. 2004;46:49-55 pubmed
- Ohara Imaizumi M, Ohtsuka T, Matsushima S, Akimoto Y, Nishiwaki C, Nakamichi Y, et al. ELKS, a protein structurally related to the active zone-associated protein CAST, is expressed in pancreatic beta cells and functions in insulin exocytosis: interaction of ELKS with exocytotic machinery analyzed by total internal reflection fluorescen. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3289-300 pubmed..Moreover, attenuation of ELKS expression by small interfering RNA reduced the glucose-evoked insulin release. These data suggest that the CAZ-related protein ELKS functions in insulin exocytosis from pancreatic beta cells. ..
- Miyagami M, Katayama Y. Angiogenesis of glioma: evaluation of ultrastructural characteristics of microvessels and tubular bodies (Weibel-Palade) in endothelial cells and immunohistochemical findings with VEGF and p53 protein. Med Mol Morphol. 2005;38:36-42 pubmed..However, the MIB-1 indices did not increase in correlation with increase in the extent of immunoreactivity for VEGF...
- Ito Y, Okada R, Noriyuki T, Kikuyama S. Cloning and distribution of the bullfrog type 1 and type 2 corticotropin-releasing factor receptors. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2006;146:291-5 pubmed..CRFR1 mRNA was detected almost exclusively in brain and pituitary, and to a very minor degree in testis, whereas CRFR2 was found in the peripheral tissues as well as in the brain and pituitary. ..
- Qi X, Matsumoto M, Ishii K, Nakamura M, Chiba K, Toyama Y. Posterior osteotomy and instrumentation for thoracolumbar kyphosis in patients with achondroplasia. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:E606-10 pubmed..A retrospective case series of surgically treated achondroplastic patients with severe thoracolumbar kyphosis...
- Miyasaka K, Takiguchi S, Funakoshi A. Cholecystokinin 1A receptor polymorphisms. Curr Top Med Chem. 2007;7:1205-10 pubmed..The precise molecular mechanisms of this polymorphism remain to be clarified. ..
- Ikura T, Kinoshita K, Ito N. A cavity with an appropriate size is the basis of the PPIase activity. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2008;21:83-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a cavity with an appropriate size is the basis of the PPIase activity. ..
- Saijo M, Ami Y, Suzaki Y, Nagata N, Iwata N, Hasegawa H, et al. Diagnosis and assessment of monkeypox virus (MPXV) infection by quantitative PCR assay: differentiation of Congo Basin and West African MPXV strains. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2008;61:140-2 pubmed..It was possible to differentiate between these two groups with the LC-qPCR. Thus, the newly developed LC-qPCR is a useful and reliable diagnostic tool for MPXV infection...
- Migita T, Narita T, Nomura K, Miyagi E, Inazuka F, Matsuura M, et al. ATP citrate lyase: activation and therapeutic implications in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8547-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that ACLY is involved in lung cancer pathogenesis associated with metabolic abnormality and might offer a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Matsuo Y, Watanabe K, Mimaki Y. Triterpene glycosides from the underground parts of Caulophyllum thalictroides. J Nat Prod. 2009;72:1155-60 pubmed publisher..The triterpene monodesmosides based on oleanolic acid (1 and 11-16) showed cytotoxic activity against HL-60 cells with IC(50) values that ranged from 3.4 to 15.9 microg/mL...
- Saitoh T, Kusunoki T, Yao T, Kawano K, Kojima Y, Miyahara K, et al. Role of interleukin-17A in the eosinophil accumulation and mucosal remodeling in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps associated with asthma. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;151:8-16 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests, for the first time, that IL-17A plays an important role in the eosinophil accumulation in the nasal polyps and the remodeling of the nasal polyps of chronic rhinosinusitis associated with asthma. ..
- Momoeda M, Harada T, Terakawa N, Aso T, Fukunaga M, Hagino H, et al. Long-term use of dienogest for the treatment of endometriosis. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2009;35:1069-76 pubmed publisher..5% (95/131 cases) at 24 weeks and 90.6% (106/117 cases) at 52 weeks. The long-term effect of dienogest on bone mineral density was slight, whereas the efficacy increased cumulatively. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Takahashi H, Satoh T, Okazaki Y, Mizuki N, Takahashi K, et al. Natural killer cells control a T-helper 1 response in patients with Behçet's disease. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R80 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the regulatory role of natural killer (NK) cells in Th1-biased immune responses in patients with BD...
- Zhan H, Suzuki T, Aizawa K, Miyagawa K, Nagai R. Ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM)-mediated DNA damage response in oxidative stress-induced vascular endothelial cell senescence. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29662-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show that ATM through an ATM/Akt/p53/p21-dependent signaling pathway mediates an instructive role in oxidative stress-induced endothelial dysfunction and premature senescence. ..
- Kubota K, Kasuga F, Iwasaki E, Inagaki S, Sakurai Y, Komatsu M, et al. Estimating the burden of acute gastroenteritis and foodborne illness caused by Campylobacter, Salmonella, and Vibrio parahaemolyticus by using population-based telephone survey data, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, 2005 to 2006. J Food Prot. 2011;74:1592-8 pubmed publisher
- Xue G, Aida Y, Onodera T, Sakudo A. The 5' flanking region and intron1 of the bovine prion protein gene (PRNP) are responsible for negative feedback regulation of the prion protein. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32870 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that certain negative feedback response elements are located in these sequences, suggesting that regulation by transcription factors such as Sp1 and RP58 may contribute to the negative feedback mechanism of PRNP...
- Ishii H, Kobayashi M, Munetomo A, Miyamoto T, Sakuma Y. Novel splicing events and post-transcriptional regulation of human estrogen receptor ? E isoforms. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;133:120-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the 5'-UTRs of the E isoforms post-transcriptionally control human ER? expression mainly through translational repression. ..
- Matsukawa H, Uemura A, Fujii M, Kamo M, Takahashi O, Sumiyoshi S. Morphological and clinical risk factors for the rupture of anterior communicating artery aneurysms. J Neurosurg. 2013;118:978-83 pubmed publisher..The authors would perhaps recommend treatment to patients with unruptured ACoA aneurysms that have an anterior dome projection, a bleb(s), and a size ? 5 mm. ..
- Konno K, Matsuda K, Nakamoto C, Uchigashima M, Miyazaki T, Yamasaki M, et al. Enriched expression of GluD1 in higher brain regions and its involvement in parallel fiber-interneuron synapse formation in the cerebellum. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7412-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GluD1 works in concert with GluD2 for the construction of cerebellar synaptic wiring through distinct neuronal and synaptic expressions and also their shared synapse-connecting function. ..
- Morikawa M, Kuramoto A, Nakayama M, Oguchi H, Hasegawa M, Funakoshi T, et al. Intraoperative red cell salvage during obstetric surgery in 50 Japanese women. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;128:256-9 pubmed publisher..EBL was linearly correlated with the total volume of transfused blood (P<0.001). ICS caused no adverse events among women at elevated risk of peripartum hemorrhage and might be safe for use in obstetrics. ..
- Akiyama T, Saita K, Ogura K, Kawai A, Imanishi J, Yazawa Y, et al. The effect of an external hip joint stabiliser on gait function after surgery for tumours located around the circumference of the pelvis: analysis of seven cases of internal hemipelvectomy or proximal femur resection. Int Orthop. 2016;40:561-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings show the potential of a biomechanical approach to improve gait function following pelvic tumour resection. ..
- Kakizawa T, Mizukami T, Itoh Y, Hasegawa M, Sasaki R, Suzuki T. Evaluation of phenylcyclopropylamine compounds by enzymatic assay of lysine-specific demethylase 2 in the presence of NPAC peptide. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1193-5 pubmed publisher..The assay results showed that the PCPA derivatives, including NCD41, selectively inhibited LSD1 in preference to LSD2. ..
- Yoshida H, Takahashi T, Nakamura M, Ã˜verby A, Takahashi T, Ubukata K, et al. A highly susceptible CD46 transgenic mouse model of subcutaneous infection with Streptococcus dysgalactiae subspecies equisimilis. J Infect Chemother. 2016;22:229-34 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that CD46, the host cell-surface pathogen receptor, functioned to attract GGS_124 into deep tissues, so that the subcutaneous infection with GGS_124 induced invasive streptococcal diseases in CD46 Tg mice. ..
- Takada Y, Kaneko N, Esumi H, Purdue P, Danpure C. Human peroxisomal L-alanine: glyoxylate aminotransferase. Evolutionary loss of a mitochondrial targeting signal by point mutation of the initiation codon. Biochem J. 1990;268:517-20 pubmed
- Yasuda S, Komiya T, Takahashi M, Kameyama S, Matuhashi T. [Granule-accumulation in VERO cells used for determination of antitoxin titration by micro cell culture method: I. Influence of mouse serum]. Rinsho Byori. 1993;41:289-92 pubmed..The nature of granule and influence of this phenomenon on the titration of diphtheria antitoxin will be presented in an accompanying paper. ..
- Takahashi N, Sasagawa N, Usuki F, Kino Y, Kawahara H, Sorimachi H, et al. Coexpression of the CUG-binding protein reduces DM protein kinase expression in COS cells. J Biochem. 2001;130:581-7 pubmed..On the other hand, cotransfection of CUG-BP significantly affected the expression of both the wild type and mutant DMPKs at the protein level. This reduction was remarkable when the mutant DMPK construct was used. ..
- Kobayashi S, Tamura N, Ikeda M, Sakuraba K, Matsumoto T, Hashimoto H. Uveitis in adult patients with poststreptococcal reactive arthritis: the first two cases reported associated with uveitis. Clin Rheumatol. 2002;21:533-5 pubmed..Because uveitis may result in permanent damage to visual acuity, this complication should be widely recognised in patients with PSRA and antibiotic prophylaxis should be considered for those with recurrent streptococcal infection. ..
- Taira T, Hori T. Stereotactic ventrooralis thalamotomy for task-specific focal hand dystonia (writer's cramp). Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2003;80:88-91 pubmed..There were no permanent operative complications. There was no mortality or permanent morbidity. Although a longer follow-up is needed, stereotactic Vo thalamotomy is a useful and safe therapeutic option for writer's cramp. ..
- Kobayashi K, Akishita M, Yu W, Hashimoto M, Ohni M, Toba K. Interrelationship between non-invasive measurements of atherosclerosis: flow-mediated dilation of brachial artery, carotid intima-media thickness and pulse wave velocity. Atherosclerosis. 2004;173:13-8 pubmed..These results suggest that FMD, IMT and PWV are related to each other, but the combination of these measurements will be of stronger clinical relevance. ..
- Numakawa T, Yagasaki Y, Ishimoto T, Okada T, Suzuki T, Iwata N, et al. Evidence of novel neuronal functions of dysbindin, a susceptibility gene for schizophrenia. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:2699-708 pubmed..Genetic variants associated with impairments of these functions of dysbindin could play an important role in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. ..
- Gokan T, Ohgiya Y, Nobusawa H, Munechika H. Commonly encountered adrenal pseudotumours on CT. Br J Radiol. 2005;78:170-4 pubmed..These adrenal pseudotumours can be elucidated by multiplanar reconstruction using CT and MRI as well as from the axial images...
- Saeki M, Saito Y, Jinno H, Sai K, Hachisuka A, Kaniwa N, et al. Genetic variations and haplotypes of UGT1A4 in a Japanese population. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2005;20:144-51 pubmed..Our results provide fundamental and useful information for genotyping UGT1A4 in the Japanese and probably Asian populations. ..
- Hirabayashi S, Mori H, Kansaku A, Kurihara H, Sakai T, Shimizu F, et al. MAGI-1 is a component of the glomerular slit diaphragm that is tightly associated with nephrin. Lab Invest. 2005;85:1528-43 pubmed..MAGI-1 may play a role in determining the boundary between the apical and the bosolateral domain at the level of slit diaphragm. ..
- Sakurai Y, Yagishita A, Goto Y, Ohtsu H, Mannen T. Fusiform type alexia: pure alexia for words in contrast to posterior occipital type pure alexia for letters. J Neurol Sci. 2006;247:81-92 pubmed..To clarify the behavioral differences between patients with pure alexia from different lesions...
- Suzuki A, Takemura A, Inaba R, Sonobe T, Tsuchiya K, Korenaga T. Magnetic resonance coronary angiography to evaluate coronary arterial lesions in patients with Kawasaki disease. Cardiol Young. 2006;16:563-71 pubmed