Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications535 found, 100 shown here
- Kawashima T, Bao Y, Nomura Y, Moon Y, Tonozuka Y, Minoshima Y, et al. Rac1 and a GTPase-activating protein, MgcRacGAP, are required for nuclear translocation of STAT transcription factors. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:937-46 pubmed..We conclude that GTP-bound Rac1 and MgcRacGAP function as a nuclear transport chaperone for activated STATs. ..
- Yoshihara A, Okubo Y, Tanabe A, Sata A, Nishimaki M, Kawamata T, et al. A juvenile case of Cushing's disease incidentally discovered with multiple bone fractures. Intern Med. 2007;46:583-7 pubmed..After transsphenoidal surgery was performed, subsequently all endocrine data improved. This case indicates that Cushing's syndrome should be considered for severe osteoporotic juvenile patients. ..
- Kawasaki T, Igarashi K, Koeda T, Sugimoto K, Nakagawa K, Hayashi S, et al. Rats fed fructose-enriched diets have characteristics of nonalcoholic hepatic steatosis. J Nutr. 2009;139:2067-71 pubmed publisher..The distribution of lobular inflammation was predominant over portal inflammation, which is consistent with human NASH. In conclusion, rats fed fructose-enriched diets are a better model for NASH than rats fed fat-enriched diets. ..
- Taira T. Intrathecal administration of GABA agonists in the vegetative state. Prog Brain Res. 2009;177:317-28 pubmed publisher..The effect of GABA agonists on recovery of consciousness is not yet established, but review of such case studies becomes a clue to solve problems in PVS, and there may be hidden serendipity. ..
- Munakata S, Arakawa C, Kohira R, Fujita Y, Fuchigami T, Mugishima H. A case of D-lactic acid encephalopathy associated with use of probiotics. Brain Dev. 2010;32:691-4 pubmed publisher..The probiotics the patient had taken were likely the cause of D-lactic acidosis and should therefore be avoided in patients with short bowel syndrome. ..
- Seki A, Uchiyama H, Fukushi T, Sakura O, Tatsuya K. Incidental findings of brain magnetic resonance imaging study in a pediatric cohort in Japan and recommendation for a model management protocol. J Epidemiol. 2010;20 Suppl 2:S498-504 pubmed..A management protocol needs to include a process to properly assess the clinical importance of findings. ..
- Fujimura T, Sato W, Suzuki N. Facial expression arousal level modulates facial mimicry. Int J Psychophysiol. 2010;76:88-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the arousal levels of pleasant, but not unpleasant, facial expressions can enhance facial mimicry...
- Morimoto T, Fu K, Konuma H, Izumi Y, Matsuyama S, Ogura K, et al. Peeling a giant ileal lipoma with endoscopic unroofing and submucosal dissection. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:1676-9 pubmed..Although abdominal CT immediately after removal of the lesion showed a small amount of free air, conservative treatment was successfully carried out for the perforation. Histologically, the removed lesion was a lipoma. ..
- Takamochi K, Oh S, Suzuki K. Prognostic evaluation of nodal staging based on the new IASLC lymph node map for lung cancer. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;58:345-9 pubmed publisher..The prognostic impact of the presence of skip metastases on N2 disease should therefore be taken into consideration when carrying out the forthcoming revision of the TNM staging system. ..
- Ando C, Hishinuma M. Development of the Japanese DOLOPLUS-2: a pain assessment scale for the elderly with Alzheimer's disease. Psychogeriatrics. 2010;10:131-7 pubmed publisher..However, the final version of the Japanese DOLOPLUS-2 needs to be validated in a larger patient cohort in future studies. ..
- Hayashi Y, Chan T, Warashina M, Fukuda M, Ariizumi T, Okabayashi K, et al. Reduction of N-glycolylneuraminic acid in human induced pluripotent stem cells generated or cultured under feeder- and serum-free defined conditions. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14099 pubmed publisher..This success in generating hiPSCs using adult fibroblast would be beneficial for clinical application. ..
- Takeuchi M, Miyaoka H, Tomoda A, Suzuki M, Lu X, Kitamura T. Validity and reliability of the Japanese version of the Temperament and Character Inventory: a study of university and college students. Compr Psychiatry. 2011;52:109-17 pubmed publisher..The scores of the TCI scales were stable over a time span of 1.5 to 2 months. The Japanese version of the TCI may be a valid and reliable measure of temperament and character, at least among the adolescent and young adult population. ..
- Sugawara A, Sueki A, Hirose T, Nagai K, Gouda H, Hirono S, et al. Novel 12-membered non-antibiotic macrolides from erythromycin A; EM900 series as novel leads for anti-inflammatory and/or immunomodulatory agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:3373-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, one of its analogues, (8R,9S)-4?,13-O-diacetyl-8,9-dihydro-6,9-epoxy-8,9-anhydropseudoerythromycin A (EM911), was found to be twice as effective as EM900. ..
- Takasugi N, Sasaki T, Suzuki K, Osawa S, Isshiki H, Hori Y, et al. BACE1 activity is modulated by cell-associated sphingosine-1-phosphate. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6850-7 pubmed publisher..Notably, the relative activity of SphK2 was upregulated in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. The unique modulatory effect of cellular S1P on BACE1 activity is a novel potential therapeutic target for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Wong C, Shimada M, Nugroho A, Hirasawa Y, Kaneda T, Hadi A, et al. Ceramicines J-L, new limonoids from Chisocheton ceramicus. J Nat Med. 2012;66:566-70 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated from 1D and 2D NMR data. Ceramicines J-L (1-3) exhibited dose-dependent moderate cytotoxicity against the HL-60 cell line. ..
- Ochiai H, Shirasawa T, Nishimura R, Morimoto A, Ohtsu T, Hoshino H, et al. High-molecular-weight adiponectin and anthropometric variables among elementary schoolchildren: a population-based cross-sectional study in Japan. BMC Pediatr. 2012;12:139 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that it is useful to monitor WHtR as a surrogate for HMW-adn among elementary school students, especially obese children. ..
- Endo H, Muramatsu T, Furuta M, Uzawa N, Pimkhaokham A, Amagasa T, et al. Potential of tumor-suppressive miR-596 targeting LGALS3BP as a therapeutic agent in oral cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:560-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a central role for miR-596 in OSCC and suggest the potential of miR-596 as an anticancer agent for miRNA replacement therapy in OSCC. ..
- Kissane L, Ikeda B, Akizuki R, Nozaki S, Yoshimura K, Ikegami N. End-of-life preferences of the general public: Results from a Japanese national survey. Health Policy. 2015;119:1472-81 pubmed publisher..Few people preferred to die at home, while a preference for hospital was largely determined by factors other than preference for LST. ..
- Kodera K, Hosoi H, Okamoto M, Manabe T, Kanda Y, Shiraishi K, et al. Guidelines for the evaluation of hearing aid fitting (2010). Auris Nasus Larynx. 2016;43:217-28 pubmed publisher..The above test methods were useful and valuable in determining the efficacy of the adjusted hearing aid for a hearing-impaired person during clinical practice. ..
- Williams K, Topp S, Yang S, Smith B, Fifita J, Warraich S, et al. CCNF mutations in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11253 pubmed publisher..This implicates common mechanisms, linked to protein homeostasis, underlying neuronal degeneration. ..
- Yamanaka K, Kakuta Y, Nakazawa S, Kato T, Abe T, Imamura R, et al. Induction Immunosuppressive Therapy With Everolimus and Low-Dose Tacrolimus Extended-Release Preserves Good Renal Function at 1 Year After Kidney Transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:781-5 pubmed publisher..02). Use of the present therapeutic strategy successfully maintained the trough of each drug at a lower level, and it also kept renal function stable up to 1 year after transplantation. ..
- Nishihara S, Nakazato M, Kudo T, Kimura H, Ando T, Narimatsu H. Human alpha-1,3 fucosyltransferase (FucT-VI) gene is located at only 13 kb 3' to the Lewis type fucosyltransferase (FucT-III) gene on chromosome 19. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;190:42-6 pubmed..These genes were present 13 kb apart in tandem orientation. The FucT-III gene has already been mapped on the Lewis locus of chromosome 19. This demonstrated that FucT-VI gene was localized close to the Lewis locus on chromosome 19. ..
- Oguni H, Hayashi K, Awaya Y, Fukuyama Y, Osawa M. Severe myoclonic epilepsy in infants--a review based on the Tokyo Women's Medical University series of 84 cases. Brain Dev. 2001;23:736-48 pubmed..This spectrum concept appropriately explains the clinical variabilities between SME and SMEB during early childhood. ..
- Kohyama J, Matsukura F, Kimura K, Tachibana N. Rhythmic movement disorder: polysomnographic study and summary of reported cases. Brain Dev. 2002;24:33-8 pubmed..We propose that RMD can be divided into several subgroups according to the differences in the underlying neuronal mechanisms...
- Hirano Y, Murata S, Tanaka K, Shimizu M, Sato R. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are negatively regulated through SUMO-1 modification independent of the ubiquitin/26 S proteasome pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16809-19 pubmed..Considered together, our results indicate that SUMO-1 modification suppresses the transactivation capacity of nuclear SREBPs in a manner different from the negative regulatory mechanism mediated by proteolysis. ..
- Kusafuka K, Luyten F, De Bondt R, Hiraki Y, Shukunami C, Kayano T, et al. Immunohistochemical evaluation of cartilage-derived morphogenic protein-1 and -2 in normal human salivary glands and pleomorphic adenomas. Virchows Arch. 2003;442:482-90 pubmed..The phenotype of the lacuna cells was similar to that of mature to upper hypertrophic chondrocytes of the authentic cartilage. In conclusion, pleomorphic adenoma expressed CDMP-1 but not CDMP-2. ..
- Nakamura H, Kumei Y, Morita S, Shimokawa H, Ohya K, Shinomiya K. Antagonism between apoptotic (Bax/Bcl-2) and anti-apoptotic (IAP) signals in human osteoblastic cells under vector-averaged gravity condition. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1010:143-7 pubmed..Finally, the caspase-3 mRNA levels were not affected by vector-averaged gravity. Simulated microgravity might modulate some apoptotic signals upstream the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Kimura T, Mukai M, Shiotani A, Moro K, Ikeda A, Okada Y. Basaloid squamous carcinoma of the hypopharynx with an extensive spindle cell component exhibiting a pedunculated polypoid mass. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005;129:e94-6 pubmed..The preoperative histologic diagnosis was difficult because the endoscopic biopsy specimens showed only spindle cell proliferation. This is an unusual presentation of basaloid squamous carcinoma of the head and neck. ..
- Ozawa H, Satako K, Mizutari K, Fujimine T, Fujii M, Syunji I, et al. Aphonia and dysphagia after gastrectomy. Acta Otolaryngol. 2005;125:1244-6 pubmed..We believe that our method of vocal rehabilitation serves as a useful reference for physicians and surgeons worldwide. ..
- Wang D, Koshy G, Nagasawa T, Kawashima Y, Kiji M, Nitta H, et al. Antibody response after single-visit full-mouth ultrasonic debridement versus quadrant-wise therapy. J Clin Periodontol. 2006;33:632-8 pubmed..Full-mouth debridement induced an earlier reduction of IgG titre to P. gingivalis and A. actinomycetemcomitans, than quadrant-wise therapy. ..
- Yamataka A, Miyano G. [Congenital biliary dilatation--roux-en-y hepaticojejunostomy]. Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi. 2006;107:198-201 pubmed
- Narawa T, Tsuda Y, Itoh T. Chiral recognition of amethopterin enantiomers by the reduced folate carrier in Caco-2 cells. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2007;22:33-40 pubmed..The present study revealed significant stereoselectivity of RFC1 toward amethopterin enantiomers with the L-isomer being much more favored. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Tsuchiya A, Hayashi T, Kohyama N, Ohbayashi M, Yamamoto T. Isolation and characterization of polyspecific mouse organic solute carrier protein 1 (mOscp1). Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1239-45 pubmed..Our results indicate that isolated mOscp1 is a polyspecific organic solute carrier protein and may be a key molecule for the testicular handling of organic solutes. ..
- Omura S. Ivermectin: 25 years and still going strong. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008;31:91-8 pubmed
- Iimura Y, Saito K, Fujii Y, Kumagai J, Kawakami S, Komai Y, et al. Development and external validation of a new outcome prediction model for patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma treated with nephrectomy based on preoperative serum C-reactive protein and TNM classification: the TNM-C score. J Urol. 2009;181:1004-12; discussion 1012 pubmed publisher..865. In patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma a new simple scoring model based on serum C-reactive protein and the TNM classification is a useful and easy to use tool for predicting outcome. ..
- Kabashima A, Higuchi H, Takaishi H, Matsuzaki Y, Suzuki S, Izumiya M, et al. Side population of pancreatic cancer cells predominates in TGF-beta-mediated epithelial to mesenchymal transition and invasion. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2771-9 pubmed publisher..Because micro-invasion and metastasis are key mechanisms of cancer malignant potential, SP cells would be the attractive target for preventing cancer progression. ..
- Fujita S, Yamamoto S, Akasu T, Moriya Y. Risk factors of lateral pelvic lymph node metastasis in advanced rectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2009;24:1085-90 pubmed publisher..Using these factors, patients can be classified as having a low or high risk of LPLN metastasis. ..
- Sakuraba A, Sato T, Kamada N, Kitazume M, Sugita A, Hibi T. Th1/Th17 immune response is induced by mesenteric lymph node dendritic cells in Crohn's disease. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:1736-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed that mesenteric lymph node is the key pathogenic location of CD elicited by the unique cytokine milieu produced by DCs leading to a dysregulated Th1/Th17 immune response. ..
- Sato K, Aoki S, Iwata N, Masutani Y, Watadani T, Nakata Y, et al. Diffusion tensor tract-specific analysis of the uncinate fasciculus in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuroradiology. 2010;52:729-33 pubmed publisher..029) compared with controls. No significant difference was seen in mean ADC. The results suggest that damage of the UF in patients with ALS can be quantitatively evaluated with FA. ..
- Yamamoto T, Shibata N, Saito Y, Osawa M, Kobayashi M. Functions of fukutin, a gene responsible for Fukuyama type congenital muscular dystrophy, in neuromuscular system and other somatic organs. Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem. 2010;10:169-79 pubmed..Toward effective therapies with minimal side effects, precise evaluation of the pathomechanism of FCMD and the function of fukutin would be required. ..
- Saito M, Kawana J, Ohno T, Hanada K, Kaneko M, Mihara K, et al. Population pharmacokinetics of R- and S-carvedilol in Japanese patients with chronic heart failure. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1378-84 pubmed..Prediction of exposure to free plasma carvedilol is important for dosage adjustment of beta-blocker therapy in patients with CHF. ..
- Gunji T, Sato H, Iijima K, Fujibayashi K, Okumura M, Sasabe N, et al. Risk factors for erosive esophagitis: a cross-sectional study of a large number of Japanese males. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:448-55 pubmed publisher..Lifestyle factors including heavy alcohol consumption, heavy smoking, metabolic disorders, and hiatal hernia increased the risk of erosive esophagitis, but central obesity did not. ..
- Yuki K, Ozawa Y, Yoshida T, Kurihara T, Hirasawa M, Ozeki N, et al. Retinal ganglion cell loss in superoxide dismutase 1 deficiency. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:4143-50 pubmed publisher..The serum level of SOD1, but not SOD2, was significantly lower in the NTG patients than in the healthy controls. SOD1 deficiency causes RGC vulnerability, which may be involved in the underlying condition of NTG. ..
- Choi M, Yamada S, Makishima M. Dynamic and ligand-selective interactions of vitamin D receptor with retinoid X receptor and cofactors in living cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:1147-55 pubmed publisher..The combination of FRET and ChIP assays is a powerful tool useful in understanding ligand-selective dynamic VDR conformations and the development of selective VDR modulators. ..
- Takachi R, Ishihara J, Iwasaki M, Hosoi S, Ishii Y, Sasazuki S, et al. Validity of a self-administered food frequency questionnaire for middle-aged urban cancer screenees: comparison with 4-day weighed dietary records. J Epidemiol. 2011;21:447-58 pubmed..36 to 0.88) for 43 food groups. Although the FFQ was developed for a rural population, it provided reasonably valid measures of consumption for many nutrients and food groups in middle-aged screenees living in urban areas in Japan. ..
- Toyoda S, Kawaguchi M, Kobayashi T, Tarusawa E, Toyama T, Okano M, et al. Developmental epigenetic modification regulates stochastic expression of clustered protocadherin genes, generating single neuron diversity. Neuron. 2014;82:94-108 pubmed publisher..They also suggest a mechanism for a rare human recessive disease, the ICF (Immunodeficiency, Centromere instability, and Facial anomalies) syndrome, which is caused by Dnmt3b mutations. ..
- Kario K, Tamaki Y, Okino N, Gotou H, Zhu M, Zhang J. LCZ696, a First-in-Class Angiotensin Receptor-Neprilysin Inhibitor: The First Clinical Experience in Patients With Severe Hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2016;18:308-14 pubmed publisher..The LCZ696-based regimen was generally well-tolerated and could present a treatment option for severe hypertension in Asian patients especially in reducing SBP and pulse pressure. ..
- Kuwata H, Iwasaki M, Shimizu S, Minami K, Maeda H, Seino S, et al. Meal sequence and glucose excursion, gastric emptying and incretin secretion in type 2 diabetes: a randomised, controlled crossover, exploratory trial. Diabetologia. 2016;59:453-61 pubmed publisher..UMIN Clinical Trials Registry UMIN000017434. Japan Society for Promotion of Science, Japan Association for Diabetes Education and Care, and Japan Vascular Disease Research Foundation. ..
- Jujo T, Tanabe N, Sugiura T, Naito A, Shigeta A, Kitazono Saitoh M, et al. Importance of carefully interpreting computed tomography images to detect partial anomalous pulmonary venous return. Respir Investig. 2016;54:69-74 pubmed publisher..929, p=0.002). There is a potential risk of CT scan misinterpretation when looking for anomalous PVs. Careful interpretation of CT findings that focus on PVs may be useful for detecting PAPVR and obtaining a PH differential diagnosis. ..
- Isa K, Sasaki K, Ogasawara K, Saito M, Tsuneyama H, Yabe R, et al. Prevalence of RHD alleles in Japanese individuals with weak D phenotype: Identification of 20 new RHD alleles. Vox Sang. 2016;111:315-319 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the prevalence of common weak D alleles in the Japanese population significantly differs from that of Caucasian populations. ..
- Yokoyama Y, Watanabe T, Tamura Y, Hashizume Y, Miyazono K, Ehata S. Autocrine BMP-4 Signaling Is a Therapeutic Target in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4026-4038 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest inhibition of autocrine BMP-4 as a candidate treatment strategy for colorectal cancer. Cancer Res; 77(15); 4026-38. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Sasaki T, Ueno Matsuda E. Immunocytochemical localization of cathepsins B and G in odontoclasts of human deciduous teeth. J Dent Res. 1992;71:1881-4 pubmed
- Takumi I, Steiner D, Sanno N, Teramoto A, Osamura R. Localization of prohormone convertases 1/3 and 2 in the human pituitary gland and pituitary adenomas: analysis by immunohistochemistry, immunoelectron microscopy, and laser scanning microscopy. Mod Pathol. 1998;11:232-8 pubmed..The high incidence of PC1/3 and PC2 in nonfunctioning adenomas might be related to the processing of chromogranin A. ..
- Kohno T, Takahashi M, Manda R, Yokota J. Inactivation of the PTEN/MMAC1/TEP1 gene in human lung cancers. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 1998;22:152-6 pubmed..All the lung tumors with PTEN/MMAC1/TEP1 mutations were homozygous for the mutant alleles. These findings suggest that PTEN/MMAC1/TEP1 plays a role as a tumor suppressor gene in the genesis and/or progression of human lung cancer. ..
- Fukumoto S, Yamashita T. Fibroblast growth factor-23 is the phosphaturic factor in tumor-induced osteomalacia and may be phosphatonin. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2002;11:385-9 pubmed..FGF-23 plays important roles in the development of hypophosphatemic diseases. These findings will certainly contribute to the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic maneuvers for hypophosphatemic diseases. ..
- Koide N, Akashi Tanaka S, Fukutomi T, Nanasawa T, Hasegawa T. Nodular mucinosis of the breast: a case report with clinical and imaging findings. Breast Cancer. 2002;9:261-4 pubmed..Nodular mucinosis, simulating mucinous carcinoma or phyllodes tumor on clinical and imaging examinations, should be included in the differential diagnosis in cases of mucinous lesions occurring near the nipple in a young woman. ..
- Ohtaka M, Kumasaka T, Nobukawa B, Hirai S, Suda K, Ohno Y, et al. Carcinosarcoma of the esophagus characterized by myoepithelial and ductal differentiations. Pathol Int. 2002;52:657-63 pubmed..The histogenesis of this tumor may be associated with a totipotent stem cell of esophageal mucosa, which has the potential to differentiate into squamous cells, ductal cells or myoepithelial cells. ..
- Suzuki K, Kizaki T, Hitomi Y, Nukita M, Kimoto K, Miyazawa N, et al. Genetic variation in hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and its possible association with high altitude adaptation in Sherpas. Med Hypotheses. 2003;61:385-9 pubmed..Because the activity of HIF-1 is regulated by multiple steps including the transcriptional level, the effect of the polymorphism in intron 13 on the cellular hypoxic responses remains to be elucidated. ..
- Akihisa T, Franzblau S, Tokuda H, Tagata M, Ukiya M, Matsuzawa T, et al. Antitubercular activity and inhibitory effect on Epstein-Barr virus activation of sterols and polyisoprenepolyols from an edible mushroom, Hypsizigus marmoreus. Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:1117-9 pubmed..Sterols 6 and 7 showed potent inhibitory effects while preserving the high viability of Raji cells. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Ishii K, Oda K, Nariai T, Tanaka Y, Ishiwata K, et al. Aortic wall inflammation due to Takayasu arteritis imaged with 18F-FDG PET coregistered with enhanced CT. J Nucl Med. 2005;46:917-22 pubmed..The intensity of accumulation decreased in response to therapy. ..
- Wang Y, Irie T, Aida T, Tachikawa T. Expression of TIMP-1 and -2 in different growth patterns of adenoid cystic carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2005;41:821-7 pubmed..These results indicate that there is close relationship between TIMPs and growth patterns of ACC, and TIMP-1 and -2 may play important roles in morphogenesis and biological character of adenoid cystic carcinoma. ..
- Kitajima M, Takita N, Hata M, Maeda T, Sakamoto K, Kamano T, et al. The relationship between 5-fluorouracil sensitivity and single nucleotide polymorphisms of the orotate phosphoribosyl transferase gene in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2006;15:161-5 pubmed..The investigated SNPs of OPRT may have no major influence on 5-FU sensitivity. However, there are many unknown factors in the relationship between SNP of OPRT and 5-FU sensitivity, and SNP analysis of other regions is necessary. ..
- Hayashi S, Okamoto N, Makita Y, Hata A, Imoto I, Inazawa J. Heterozygous deletion at 14q22.1-q22.3 including the BMP4 gene in a patient with psychomotor retardation, congenital corneal opacity and feet polysyndactyly. Am J Med Genet A. 2008;146A:2905-10 pubmed publisher..Moreover, among the other genes contained in the deletion, GMFB is a candidate for the gene responsible for the psychomotor retardation. ..
- Kawase M, Shirato K, Matsuyama S, Taguchi F. Protease-mediated entry via the endosome of human coronavirus 229E. J Virol. 2009;83:712-21 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that 229E takes an endosomal pathway for cell entry and that proteases like CPL are involved in this mode of entry. ..
- Ohnuma T, Shibata N, Maeshima H, Baba H, Hatano T, Hanzawa R, et al. Association analysis of glycine- and serine-related genes in a Japanese population of patients with schizophrenia. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:511-8 pubmed publisher..None of the genotypes studied was associated with changes in the plasma glycine and l- and d-serine levels during the schizophrenic clinical course. The DAO gene may be a susceptibility locus for schizophrenia. ..
- Hongo I, Baba T, Oishi K, Morimoto Y, Ito T, Hiramatsu K. Phenol-soluble modulin alpha 3 enhances the human neutrophil lysis mediated by Panton-Valentine leukocidin. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:715-23 pubmed publisher..Phenol-soluble modulin alpha 3 did, however, enhance PVL-mediated lysis of human PMNs. ..
- Hiraoka N, Yamazaki Itoh R, Ino Y, Mizuguchi Y, Yamada T, Hirohashi S, et al. CXCL17 and ICAM2 are associated with a potential anti-tumor immune response in early intraepithelial stages of human pancreatic carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2011;140:310-21 pubmed publisher..Immune surveillance occurs during the early intraepithelial stages of human pancreatic carcinogenesis and is mediated by expression of CXCL17 and ICAM2. ..
- Sasabe T, Futai E, Ishiura S. Polypyrimidine tract-binding protein 1 regulates the alternative splicing of dopamine receptor D2. J Neurochem. 2011;116:76-81 pubmed publisher..Considering that DRD2 inhibits cAMP-dependent protein kinase A, which modulates the intracellular localization of PTBP1, PTBP1 may contribute to the autoregulation of DRD2 by regulating the expression of its isoforms. ..
- You X, Kobayashi Y. Determinants of out-of-pocket health expenditure in China: analysis using China Health and Nutrition Survey data. Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2011;9:39-49 pubmed publisher..Certain types of insurance programmes tend to increase out-of-pocket health expenditures, which highlights the need to continuously monitor and rigorously evaluate the impact of ongoing health insurance reform in China. ..
- Crump A, Omura S. Ivermectin, 'wonder drug' from Japan: the human use perspective. Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci. 2011;87:13-28 pubmed..This paper looks in depth at the events surrounding ivermectin's passage from being a huge success in Animal Health into its widespread use in humans, a development which has led many to describe it as a "wonder" drug. ..
- Takayama Y, Kochi M, Fujii M, Kanamori N, Kaiga T, Mihara Y, et al. A case of complete response to S-1 plus CDDP in early-stage mucosal esophageal cancer. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:1019-22 pubmed..The patient is still alive with no sign of recurrence at 16 months after the disappearance of the original tumor. These results suggest that chemotherapy with S-1 plus CDDP may be effective in early-stage esophageal cancer. ..
- Kanaguchi Y, Suzuki Y, Osaki K, Sugaya T, Horikoshi S, Tomino Y. Protective effects of L-type fatty acid-binding protein (L-FABP) in proximal tubular cells against glomerular injury in anti-GBM antibody-mediated glomerulonephritis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:3465-73 pubmed publisher..The present experimental model suggests that tubular enhancement of L-FABP may protect mice with anti-GBM GN from progression of both tubulointerstitial and glomerular injury. ..
- Rahman M, Poudel K, Yasuoka J, Otsuka K, Yoshikawa K, Jimba M. Maternal exposure to intimate partner violence and the risk of undernutrition among children younger than 5 years in Bangladesh. Am J Public Health. 2012;102:1336-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings reinforce the evidence that improving child nutrition is an additional reason to strengthen efforts to protect women from physical and sexual IPV. ..
- Jiang J, Nakayama T, Shimodaira M, Sato N, Aoi N, Sato M, et al. Association of the smoothelin (SMTN) gene with cerebral infarction in men: a haplotype-based case-control study. Vasc Med. 2012;17:317-25 pubmed publisher..021). In conclusion, we confirmed that the haplotype constructed using rs5997872, rs56095120, rs9621187 and rs10304 was a useful genetic marker of CI in Japanese men. ..
- Wu W, Takanashi M, Borjigin N, Ohno S, Fujita K, Hoshino S, et al. MicroRNA-18a modulates STAT3 activity through negative regulation of PIAS3 during gastric adenocarcinogenesis. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:653-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-18a acts as an oncogene and plays a role in gastric adenocarcinogenesis, at least in part by negatively regulating PIAS3 and thereby modulating expression of STAT3 target genes. ..
- Kawakita T, Kawabata F, Tsuji T, Kawashima M, Shimmura S, Tsubota K. Effects of dietary supplementation with fish oil on dry eye syndrome subjects: randomized controlled trial. Biomed Res. 2013;34:215-20 pubmed..These results suggest that fish oil supplementation added to usual care may be effective in the treatment of dry eye. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Shinkai S, Kobayashi E, Minami U, Suzuki H, Yoshida H, et al. Engagement in paid work as a protective predictor of basic activities of daily living disability in Japanese urban and rural community-dwelling elderly residents: An 8-year prospective study. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2016;16:126-34 pubmed publisher..Regarding the difference of sex roles in conventional Japanese society, working would be an effective solution especially for men to participate in social activities. ..
- Sakai N, Maeda T, Kawakami H, Uchiyama M, Harada K, Tsuboi R, et al. Family with Legius syndrome (neurofibromatosis type 1-like syndrome). J Dermatol. 2015;42:703-5 pubmed publisher..For this reason, and because the clinical course of each condition is quite different, we stress the need to differentiate Legius syndrome from NF1 clearly. ..
- Gaspar L, Kruzliak P, Komornikova A, Celecova Z, Krahulec B, Balaz D, et al. Orthostatic hypotension in diabetic patients-10-year follow-up study. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:67-71 pubmed publisher..Presence of OH in diabetics is associated with higher prevalence of macrovascular and microvascular complications of diabetes mellitus and also with higher 10-year mortality. ..
- Murai T, Sato K, Iwabuchi M, Manabe Y, Ogino H, Iwata H, et al. Re-irradiation of recurrent anaplastic ependymoma using radiosurgery or fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy. Jpn J Radiol. 2016;34:211-8 pubmed publisher..Because local recurrence of tumors may result in patient death, a minimum dose of 21 Gy/3 fr or 25 Gy/5 fr or higher may be most suitable for treatment of these cases. ..
- Haraguchi Y, Hasegawa A, Matsuura K, Kobayashi M, Iwana S, Kabetani Y, et al. Three-Dimensional Human Cardiac Tissue Engineered by Centrifugation of Stacked Cell Sheets and Cross-Sectional Observation of Its Synchronous Beatings by Optical Coherence Tomography. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5341702 pubmed publisher..The rapid tissue-fabrication technique and OCT technology will show a powerful potential in cardiac tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and drug discovery research. ..
- Nakahara H, Ishikawa T, Itabashi M, Hirota T. Diffusely infiltrating primary colorectal carcinoma of linitis plastica and lymphangiosis types. Cancer. 1992;69:901-6 pubmed..Early diagnosis and curative operation are important for both types; however, the LA type also requires therapy for distant metastasis...
- Sasano T, Ueda K, Orikabe M, Hirano Y, Kawano S, Yasunami M, et al. Novel C-terminus frameshift mutation, 1122fs/147, of HERG in LQT2: additional amino acids generated by frameshift cause accelerated inactivation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2004;37:1205-11 pubmed..A negative shift in steady-state inactivation induced by the additional 147 amino acids and trafficking defect contribute to a reduced current amplitude of 1122fs/147. ..
- Arita R, Arita M, Kawai M, Mashima Y, Yamada M. Evaluation of corneal endothelial pump function with a cold stress test. Cornea. 2005;24:571-5 pubmed..Corneal sensitivity is an effective factor in assessing endothelial pump function. ..
- Kaito K, Katayama T, Masuoka H, Nishiwaki K, Sano K, Sekiguchi N, et al. CD2+ acute promyelocytic leukemia is associated with leukocytosis, variant morphology and poorer prognosis. Clin Lab Haematol. 2005;27:307-11 pubmed..These results indicated that CD2 expression might have a significant impact on the prognosis of APL. Whether CD2+ APL should be characterized as a special clinical entity should be discussed in a larger patient population...
- Yanase Y, Ohida T, Kaneita Y, Agdamag D, Leaño P, Gill C. The prevalence of HIV, HBV and HCV among Filipino blood donors and overseas work visa applicants. Bull World Health Organ. 2007;85:131-7 pubmed..In contrast with prior reports, we found no evidence that OFWCs constitute a high-risk group for HIV. Further research is needed to understand why younger women are at increased risk of acquiring HBV. ..
- Yamanaka H, Gatanaga H, Kosalaraksa P, Matsuoka Aizawa S, Takahashi T, Kimura S, et al. Novel mutation of human DNA polymerase gamma associated with mitochondrial toxicity induced by anti-HIV treatment. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:1419-25 pubmed..The novel Pol gamma mutation could be associated with the severe lactic acidosis induced by long-term NRTI use. ..
- Yoneyama T, Kiyohara T, Shimasaki N, Kobayashi G, Ota Y, Notomi T, et al. Rapid and real-time detection of hepatitis A virus by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay. J Virol Methods. 2007;145:162-8 pubmed..Although several genotypes remain to be tested, it is concluded that the new real-time RT-LAMP assay is very suitable for detection and quantitation of most prevalent genotypes of HAV in diagnostic laboratories...