Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tochigi, Japan
Locale: Tochigi, Japan
Publications315 found, 100 shown here
- Sakakibara R, Uchiyama T, Awa Y, Liu Z, Yamamoto T, Ito T, et al. Psychogenic urinary dysfunction: a uro-neurological assessment. Neurourol Urodyn. 2007;26:518-524 pubmed publisher..The main urodynamic abnormalities were increased bladder sensation and acontractile detrusor. However, even in cases suggestive of PUD, a non-PUD pathology behind the symptoms should be explored. ..
- Yoshida S, Shimada Y, Kondoh D, Kouzuma Y, Ghosh A, Jacobs Lorena M, et al. Hemolytic C-type lectin CEL-III from sea cucumber expressed in transgenic mosquitoes impairs malaria parasite development. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e192 pubmed
- Fujiwara S, Yamashita Y, Nakamura N, Choi Y, Ueno T, Watanabe H, et al. High-resolution analysis of chromosome copy number alterations in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma and peripheral T-cell lymphoma, unspecified, with single nucleotide polymorphism-typing microarrays. Leukemia. 2008;22:1891-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that AILT and PTCL-u consist of heterogeneous subgroups with distinct transforming genetic alterations. ..
- Hachiya A, Sriwiriyanont P, Kobayashi T, Nagasawa A, Yoshida H, Ohuchi A, et al. Stem cell factor-KIT signalling plays a pivotal role in regulating pigmentation in mammalian hair. J Pathol. 2009;218:30-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data revealed a pivotal role of SCF-KIT signalling in the maintenance of human hair follicle melanogenesis during the anagen cycle and its involvement in physiological ageing of the hair follicle pigmentary unit. ..
- Sumitani M, Kasashima K, Ohta E, Kang D, Endo H. Association of a novel mitochondrial protein M19 with mitochondrial nucleoids. J Biochem. 2009;146:725-32 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that M19 associates with the nucleoid and likely regulates the organization and metabolism of mtDNA. ..
- Kamai T, Tomosugi N, Abe H, Arai K, Yoshida K. Increased serum hepcidin-25 level and increased tumor expression of hepcidin mRNA are associated with metastasis of renal cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:270 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a high serum hepcidin-25 level may indicate the progression of RCC, and that upregulation of hepcidin mRNA expression in tumor tissue may be related to increased metastatic potential. ..
- Harada H, Watanabe M, Suzuki K, Yanagita S, Suzuki T, Yoshida Y, et al. Lenalidomide is active in Japanese patients with symptomatic anemia in low- or intermediate-1 risk myelodysplastic syndromes with a deletion 5q abnormality. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:353-360 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that lenalidomide can be a useful agent for treating Japanese patients with anemia associated with low- or intermediate-1 risk MDS with the del 5q cytogenetic abnormality. ..
- Eguchi K, Matsui Y, Shibasaki S, Hoshide S, Kabutoya T, Ishikawa J, et al. Controlling evening BP as well as morning BP is important in hypertensive patients with prediabetes/diabetes: the JMS-1 study. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:522-7 pubmed publisher..In particular, this suggests the hypothesis that aggressive control of evening home BP might be equally or more important to morning BP in hypertensives with prediabetes/T2DM. ..
- Shimizu R, Kikuchi J, Wada T, Ozawa K, Kano Y, Furukawa Y. HDAC inhibitors augment cytotoxic activity of rituximab by upregulating CD20 expression on lymphoma cells. Leukemia. 2010;24:1760-8 pubmed publisher..The combination with HDAC inhibitors may serve as an effective strategy to overcome rituximab resistance in B-cell lymphomas. ..
- Tominaga K, Pereira Smith O. The role of chromatin reorganization in the process of cellular senescence. Curr Drug Targets. 2012;13:1593-602 pubmed..Here, we review the molecular basis of the cell cycle arrest in cellular senescence, focusing on chromatin regulation. We also summarize our current knowledge of the role of cellular senescence in vivo. ..
- Nukada Y, Miyazawa M, Kazutoshi S, Sakaguchi H, Nishiyama N. Data integration of non-animal tests for the development of a test battery to predict the skin sensitizing potential and potency of chemicals. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:609-18 pubmed publisher..Our data not only demonstrates that h-CLAT can be part of a test battery with other methods but also supports the practical utility of a tiered system when h-CLAT and DPRA are the first screening methods for skin sensitization. ..
- Fujita Jimbo E, Yu Z, Li H, Yamagata T, Mori M, Momoi T, et al. Mutation in Parkinson disease-associated, G-protein-coupled receptor 37 (GPR37/PaelR) is related to autism spectrum disorder. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51155 pubmed publisher..Our study will provide the new insight into the molecular pathogenesis of ASD. ..
- Imataka G, Nakajima I, Goto K, Konno W, Hirabayashi H, Arisaka O. Drop episodes improved after tracheotomy: a case of Coffin-Lowry syndrome associated with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:498-501 pubmed..His sleep-induced electroencephalogram was normal. At 12-years old of his age, his OSAS was worse, so we performed a tracheotomy. Notably after the operation, his epileptic episodes were disappeared. ..
- Fujiwara A, Tamai K, An H, Kurihashi T, Lim T, Yoshida H, et al. The relationship between disc degeneration, facet joint osteoarthritis, and stability of the degenerative lumbar spine. J Spinal Disord. 2000;13:444-50 pubmed..Rotatory instability in the sagittal plane and posterior translatory instability were not associated with disc degeneration and facet joint osteoarthritis...
- Kirito K, Watanabe T, Sawada K, Endo H, Ozawa K, Komatsu N. Thrombopoietin regulates Bcl-xL gene expression through Stat5 and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation pathways. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8329-37 pubmed..In addition, our data suggest possible cross-talk between these two signaling pathways. ..
- Miyachi H, Nomura M, Tanase T, Suzuki M, Murakami K, Awano K. Enantio-dependent binding and transactivation of optically active phenylpropanoic acid derivatives at human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2002;12:333-5 pubmed..Binding assay and cell-based reporter assay indicated that the activity of these compounds is enantio-dependent, and resides exclusively on the (S)-isomer. ..
- Sato S, Nakamura M, Cho D, Tapscott S, Ozaki H, Kawakami K. Identification of transcriptional targets for Six5: implication for the pathogenesis of myotonic dystrophy type 1. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1045-58 pubmed..Our results not only identify Six5 as an activator that directs Igfbp5 expression but also suggest that reduced SIX5 expression in DM1 might contribute to specific aspects of the DM1 phenotype. ..
- Furukawa Y, Nishimura N, Furukawa Y, Satoh M, Endo H, Iwase S, et al. Apaf-1 is a mediator of E2F-1-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39760-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate a novel mechanism of apoptosis in which an increase in Apaf-1 levels results in direct activation of caspase-9 without mitochondrial damage, leading to the initiation of a caspase cascade. ..
- Yoshio T, Hirata D, Onda K, Nara H, Minota S. Antiribosomal P protein antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid are associated with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2005;32:34-9 pubmed
- Odaka M, Hirata K. [Anterior spinal artery syndrome due to cervical spondylosis presenting as cervical angina]. No To Shinkei. 2004;56:961-3 pubmed..We conclude that physicians need to be aware of patients who experience chest pain without evidence of cardiac disease and that they take into consideration spinal cord infarction...
- Ishii H, Inageta T, Mimori K, Saito T, Sasaki H, Isobe M, et al. Frag1, a homolog of alternative replication factor C subunits, links replication stress surveillance with apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9655-60 pubmed
- Masukawa Y, Tsujimura H, Imokawa G. A systematic method for the sensitive and specific determination of hair lipids in combination with chromatography. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2005;823:131-42 pubmed..This method may be useful for clarifying the important roles of intrinsic endogenous 18-MEA, CS, CH and CERs in the function of the cell membrane complex of hair fibers. ..
- Takekawa H, Miyamoto M, Miyamoto T, Hirata K. Circadian rhythm abnormalities in the acute phase of cerebral infarction correlate with poor prognosis in the chronic phase. Auton Neurosci. 2007;131:131-6 pubmed..001) in the acute phase of ischemic stroke. Our findings suggest the biological rhythms of rectal temperature and wrist activity during the acute stroke phase might be a possible prognostic indicator of their chronic phase. ..
- Uehara R, Yashiro M, Oki I, Nakamura Y, Yanagawa H. Re-treatment regimens for acute stage of Kawasaki disease patients who failed to respond to initial intravenous immunoglobulin therapy: analysis from the 17th nationwide survey. Pediatr Int. 2007;49:427-30 pubmed..A randomized trial of a large sample is needed to ascertain the effectiveness of several options for re-treating Kawasaki disease. ..
- Fu K, Ishikawa T, Igarashi S, Tsuura Y, Hirabayashi K, Kaji Y. Mucin-secreting neoplastic polyp: a unique endoscopic presentation of early colon cancer. Endoscopy. 2007;39 Suppl 1:E201 pubmed
- Osawa H. Ghrelin and Helicobacter pylori infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:6327-33 pubmed..Plasma ghrelin changes are inversely correlated with both body weight change and initial plasma ghrelin levels. ..
- Ohba S, Ushioda T, Nakagawa T, Shimizu K, Murakami H. Diffusion magnetic resonance imaging for enhanced visualization of malignant cerebral tumors and abscesses. Neurol India. 2011;59:674-8 pubmed publisher..Recently, diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) and calculation of apparent diffusion coefficients (ADCs) have been reported to be useful to differentiate between the two disorders...
- Hoshide S, Fukutomi M, Eguchi K, Watanabe T, Kabutoya T, Kario K. Change in high-sensitive cardiac troponin T on hypertensive treatment. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2013;35:40-4 pubmed publisher..05), but such a reduction was not found in the LOS/HCTZ group in the upper half group of Hs-cTnT level at baseline. Amlodipine had a more beneficial effect than LOS/HCTZ in patients with high Hs-cTnT levels. ..
- Komori T, Eguchi K, Saito T, Nishimura Y, Hoshide S, Kario K. Riser Blood Pressure Pattern Is Associated With Mild Cognitive Impairment in Heart Failure Patients. Am J Hypertens. 2016;29:194-201 pubmed publisher..01) after adjusting for significant covariates. The riser pattern was associated with mild CI in HF patients. An abnormal circadian BP rhythm in HF patients is clinically significant as a potential indicator of subclinical brain damage. ..
- Honne K, HallgrÃmsdÃ³ttir I, Wu C, Sebro R, Jewell N, Sakurai T, et al. A longitudinal genome-wide association study of anti-tumor necrosis factor response among Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:12 pubmed publisher..Using repeated measures of response as phenotype enhanced the power to detect these associations. ..
- Iwamoto S, Omi T, Yamasaki M, Okuda H, Kawano M, Kajii E. Identification of 5' flanking sequence of RH50 gene and the core region for erythroid-specific expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;243:233-40 pubmed..These studies confirm the erythroid-specific expression of Rh antigens, but suggest distinct regulatory mechanisms for RH vs RH50 genes. ..
- Matsui K, Yoshioka T, Murakami Y, Takahashi M, Shimada K, Ikeda U. Serum concentrations of vascular endothelial growth factor and monocyte-colony stimulating factor in peripheral arterial disease. Circ J. 2003;67:660-2 pubmed..In conclusion, the serum VEGF concentration was increased in ASO and TAO patients, but increased concentration of M-CSF was seen only in ASO patients. These results may reflect a difference between ASO and TAO in disease pathogenesis. ..
- Taneichi H. Update on pathology and surgical treatment for adult spinal deformity. J Orthop Sci. 2016;21:116-23 pubmed publisher..Minimally invasive lateral access surgery can be solution for reduction of surgical morbidity. ..
- Maeda A, Ando H, Ura T, Muro K, Aoki M, Saito K, et al. Differences in Urinary Renal Failure Biomarkers in Cancer Patients Initially Treated with Cisplatin. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5235-5239 pubmed..Conversely, all markers were significantly higher 5 days after receiving chemotherapy in the CDDP group when compared to baseline. Urinary NAG, Kim-1, and NGAL can detect renal injury more sensitively than sCr. ..
- Yoshida N, Hirata H, Morigami Y, Imaoka S, Matsuda M, Yamazumi K, et al. Characterization of an abnormal fibrinogen Osaka V with the replacement of gamma-arginine 375 by glycine. The lack of high affinity calcium binding to D-domains and the lack of protective effect of calcium on fibrinolysis. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:2753-9 pubmed..During these studies, we found that the NH2-terminal amino acid of the gamma-remnant in fragments D or D dimer which were obtained after prolonged digestion with plasmin is gamma-Met89. ..
- Suwa K, Kobayashi S, Miyao M, Nozaki Y, Mori Y, Yamagata T, et al. [Landau-Kleffner syndrome: relationship between aphasia and electroencepharographic changes]. No To Hattatsu. 1996;28:306-11 pubmed..The appearance of diffuse spike and wave complexes almost always preceded the exacerbation of aphasia. Prior to the improvement of aphasia, EEG abnormality localized into the temporal region, and subsequently disappeared. ..
- Mizuguchi M, Qin J, Yamada M, Ikeda K, Takashima S. High expression of doublecortin and KIAA0369 protein in fetal brain suggests their specific role in neuronal migration. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:1713-21 pubmed..Although KI showed a somewhat wider distribution than DC, the temporal and spatial patterns of their expression were similar. These results suggest that DC and KI participate in a common signaling pathway regulating neuronal migration. ..
- Yamaguchi S, Mishio M, Okuda Y, Kitajima T. [Anesthetic management of a patient with West syndrome]. Masui. 2000;49:69-71 pubmed..No epileptic seizures occurred perioperatively. We conclude that propofol may be useful for a patient with West syndrome, and we should be careful not to lower the threshold for convulsion during the perioperative period...
- Tsuru T, Mizuguchi M, Ohkubo Y, Itonaga N, Momoi M. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis after live rubella vaccination. Brain Dev. 2000;22:259-61 pubmed..Following the administration of intravenous corticosteroids, the patient's clinical symptoms improved rapidly...
- Oshikawa K, Sugiyama Y. Elevated soluble CD26 levels in patients with tuberculous pleurisy. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2001;5:868-72 pubmed..05). These results suggest that elevation of soluble CD26 in pleural fluid is implicated in Th1-like immune response, and may be a useful marker for tuberculous pleurisy. ..
- Nakano M, Arai E, Nakajima Y, Nakamura H, Miyazono K, Hirose T. Immunohistochemical study of chondrolipoma: possible importance of transforming growth factor (TGF)-betas, latent TGF-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1), and bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) for chondrogenesis in lipoma. J Dermatol. 2003;30:189-95 pubmed..These findings suggest that the pattern of expression of TGF-betas, LTBP-1, and BMP may be important in the pathogenesis of chondrolipoma...
- Ando H, Tsuruoka S, Yamamoto H, Takamura T, Kaneko S, Fujimura A. Effects of pravastatin on the expression of ATP-binding cassette transporter A1. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004;311:420-5 pubmed..Thus, although HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors suppress ABCA1 mRNA expression in the absence of LXR agonists, in vivo inhibition of HMG-CoA reductase is unlikely to cause such suppression. ..
- Sakuma Y, Sakurai S, Oguni S, Satoh M, Hironaka M, Saito K. c-kit gene mutations in intracranial germinomas. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:716-20 pubmed..Moreover, molecular targeting drugs such as imatinib mesylate (STI571), which is a selective inhibitor of KIT, might be promising agents for the treatment of intracranial germinomas with c-kit gene mutations. ..
- Sakamoto H, Mutoh H, Ido K, Satoh K, Hayakawa H, Sugano K. A close relationship between intestinal metaplasia and Cdx2 expression in human gallbladders with cholelithiasis. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:66-71 pubmed..We found that 10.7% (11/103) of nontumorous gallbladders resected because of cholelithiasis under laparoscopy revealed intestinal metaplasia with Cdx2 expression. ..
- Usui R, Matsubara S, Ohkuchi A, Kuwata T, Watanabe T, Izumi A, et al. Fetal heart rate pattern reflecting the severity of placental abruption. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2008;277:249-53 pubmed..Undetectable variability and bradycardia occurred significantly more frequently in cases of severe placental abruption, and thus may reflect the severity of placental abruption. ..
- Kikkawa M, Matsubara S, Takatoku M, Kuwata T, Ohkuchi A, Izumi A, et al. Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor for the treatment of ritodrine-induced neutropenia. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2008;34:286-90 pubmed publisher..3 days after the administration. No infectious morbidity or adverse side-effects occurred in the mothers or infants. G-CSF is one possible treatment in women with ritodrine-induced neutropenia...
- Munkhtulga L, Nagashima S, Nakayama K, Utsumi N, Yanagisawa Y, Gotoh T, et al. Regulatory SNP in the RBP4 gene modified the expression in adipocytes and associated with BMI. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:1006-14 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggested that the minor allele of RBP4 regulatory SNP enhanced the expression in adipocytes, which may be associated with the adipogenesis. ..
- Baba Y, Kato Y, Ogawa K. Inostamycin prevents malignant phenotype of cancer: inhibition of phosphatidylinositol synthesis provides a therapeutic advantage for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cell Biol Int. 2010;34:171-5 pubmed publisher..e. a therapeutic concept to prolong 'time to treatment failure' or 'time to progression'. ..
- Fujita E, Tanabe Y, Imhof B, Momoi M, Momoi T. Cadm1-expressing synapses on Purkinje cell dendrites are involved in mouse ultrasonic vocalization activity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30151 pubmed publisher..The loss of Cadm1-expressing synapses on the dendrites of Purkinje cells may be associated with the USV impairment that Cadm1 KO and Foxp2(R552H) KI mice exhibit...
- Yoshida A, Kaburaki T, Okinaga K, Takamoto M, Kawashima H, Fujino Y. Clinical background comparison of patients with and without ocular inflammatory attacks after initiation of infliximab therapy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2012;56:536-43 pubmed publisher..The improvement of the BCVA in Group 2 tended to be better. ..
- Matsubara D, Kanai Y, Ishikawa S, Ohara S, Yoshimoto T, Sakatani T, et al. Identification of CCDC6-RET fusion in the human lung adenocarcinoma cell line, LC-2/ad. J Thorac Oncol. 2012;7:1872-1876 pubmed publisher..LC-2/ad cells could provide useful resources to analyze molecular functions of RET-fusion protein and its response to RET inhibitors. ..
- Kario K, Nariyama J, Kido H, Ando S, Takiuchi S, Eguchi K, et al. Effect of a novel calcium channel blocker on abnormal nocturnal blood pressure in hypertensive patients. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;15:465-72 pubmed publisher..2%±9.6%, P=.617). Cilnidipine partially, but significantly, restored abnormal nocturnal dipping status toward a normal dipping pattern in hypertensive patients. ..
- Nakayama K, Saito S, Watanabe K, Miyashita H, Nishijima F, Kamo Y, et al. Influence of AHRR Pro189Ala polymorphism on kidney functions. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1120-1124 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that AHRR plays distinct roles in kidney functions and hemoglobin values. The effects of the AHRR polymorphism might be intensified in the kidneys of patients with CKD. ..
- Hayase Y, Tobita K. Influenza virus and neurological diseases. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1997;51:181-4 pubmed..The persistence of influenza virus genes in neural cells as one of the causes of chronic degenerative diseases of the central nervous system by inducing apoptosis of the host cells is yet to be proven...
- Kono T, Migita T, Koyama S, Seki I. Another observation of microphthalmia in an XX male: microphthalmia with linear skin defects syndrome without linear skin lesions. J Hum Genet. 1999;44:63-8 pubmed..Our observation further supports the current hypothesis that the phenotypic variation of MLS syndrome represents tissue-different X inactivation rather than different genetic effects of two contiguous genes. ..
- Suzumura H, Nitta A, Tanaka G, Arisaka O. Diastolic flow velocity of the left pulmonary artery of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants. Pediatr Int. 2001;43:146-51 pubmed..82 and 0.83, respectively. Measurement of DFLPA by echocardiography is a useful method for assessing sPDA in preterm infants. ..
- Kanda T, Sakai H, Koseki K, Tamai K, Takeyama N, Saotome K. Anterior dislocation of the subtalar joint: a case report. Foot Ankle Int. 2001;22:609-11 pubmed..Satisfactory results were shown at three-year follow-up...
- Ichimura K, Ohta Y, Maeda Y, Sugimura H. Mucoceles of the paranasal sinuses with intracranial extension-postoperative course. Am J Rhinol. 2001;15:243-7 pubmed..Although endoscopic transnasal opening of mucocele is a method of choice, we recommend follow-up of such patients for long periods, at least until the frontal skull base dura returns to its original position. ..
- Tsukahara K, Takema Y, Moriwaki S, Fujimura T, Imokawa G. Dermal fluid translocation is an important determinant of the diurnal variation in human skin thickness. Br J Dermatol. 2001;145:590-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that shifts of dermal fluid from the face to the leg by gravity during the day cause the diurnal variation in skin thickness. ..
- Hasumi Y, Mizukami H, Urabe M, Kohno T, Takeuchi K, Kume A, et al. Soluble FLT-1 expression suppresses carcinomatous ascites in nude mice bearing ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2019-23 pubmed..These results suggest that inhibition of VEGF activity by sFlt-1 expression may provide a means to control carcinomatous ascites and angiogenesis of malignant ascites tumors. ..
- Chihara Y, Sugano K, Kobayashi A, Kanai Y, Yamamoto H, Nakazono M, et al. Loss of blood group A antigen expression in bladder cancer caused by allelic loss and/or methylation of the ABO gene. Lab Invest. 2005;85:895-907 pubmed
- Sato K, Izumi T, Toshima M, Nagai T, Muroi K, Komatsu N, et al. Retropharyngeal abscess due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a case of acute myeloid leukemia. Intern Med. 2005;44:346-9 pubmed..The possibility of RPA should be considered in patients who present with fever, dysphagia and limitation of neck extension. Lavage of the retropharyngeal abscess with gentamicin may be optimal in cases of large RPA...
- Furukawa Y, Sutheesophon K, Wada T, Nishimura M, Saito Y, Ishii H, et al. Methylation silencing of the Apaf-1 gene in acute leukemia. Mol Cancer Res. 2005;3:325-34 pubmed..In conclusion, methylation silencing is a mechanism of the inactivation of Apaf-1 in acute leukemia, and Dnmt1 overexpression may underlie hypermethylation of the Apaf-1 gene. ..
- Sato T, Takeno M, Honma K, Yamauchi H, Saito Y, Sasaki T, et al. Heme oxygenase-1, a potential biomarker of chronic silicosis, attenuates silica-induced lung injury. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;174:906-14 pubmed..Pulmonary HO-1 expression is increased in silicosis. HO-1 suppresses reactive oxygen species activity, and subsequent pathologic changes, thereby attenuating disease progression. ..
- Horiguchi H. [Anemia induced by cadmium intoxication]. Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi. 2007;62:888-904 pubmed..Hemodilution could also contribute to the development of Cd-induced anemia. Bone marrow hypoplasia or the inhibition of heme synthesis might only be involved in Cd-induced anemia in severe cases of Cd intoxication. ..
- Kuwata T, Matsubara S, Ohkusa T, Ohkuchi A, Izumi A, Watanabe T, et al. Establishing a reference value for the frequency of fetal movements using modified 'count to 10' method. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2008;34:318-23 pubmed publisher..Approximately 98% (690/705) of women gave us satisfactory recordings. This reference value may be of use in identifying mothers with decreased fetal movements. ..
- Sohara Y. Reexpansion pulmonary edema. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008;14:205-9 pubmed..In the future, it is expected that the cause of histological changes of the pulmonary microvessels in a chronically collapsed lung will be revealed, and appropriate therapies will therefore be developed according to this cause. ..
- Hachiya A, Sriwiriyanont P, Fujimura T, Ohuchi A, Kitahara T, Takema Y, et al. Mechanistic effects of long-term ultraviolet B irradiation induce epidermal and dermal changes in human skin xenografts. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:401-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that our skin xenograft model recapitulates premature photoaged skin and provides a comprehensive tool with which to assess the deleterious effects of UVB irradiation. ..
- Suganuma K, Nakajima H, Ohtsuki M, Imokawa G. Astaxanthin attenuates the UVA-induced up-regulation of matrix-metalloproteinase-1 and skin fibroblast elastase in human dermal fibroblasts. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;58:136-42 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that AX would have a significant benefit on protecting against UVA-induced skin photo-aging such as sagging and wrinkles. ..
- Ikemoto T, Hojo Y, Kondo H, Takahashi N, Hirose M, Nishimura Y, et al. Plasma endoglin as a marker to predict cardiovascular events in patients with chronic coronary artery diseases. Heart Vessels. 2012;27:344-51 pubmed publisher..Plasma endoglin could be a marker to predict cardiovascular events in patients with chronic coronary artery disease after PCI. ..
- Sanada Y, Mizuta K, Urahashi T, Ihara Y, Wakiya T, Okada N, et al. Role of apheresis and dialysis in pediatric living donor liver transplantation: a single center retrospective study. Ther Apher Dial. 2012;16:368-75 pubmed publisher..Apheresis and dialysis in pediatric living donor liver transplantation are effective for antibody removal in ABO-incompatible liver transplantation, and fluid management for acute respiratory failure. ..
- Sato N, Saga Y, Mizukami H, Wang D, Takahashi S, Nonaka H, et al. Downregulation of indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase in cervical cancer cells suppresses tumor growth by promoting natural killer cell accumulation. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1574-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that downregulation of IDO controls cervical cancer progression by activating NK cells, suggesting IDO as a potential therapy for cervical cancer. ..
- Haruyama Y, Fukuda H, Arai T, Muto T. Change in lifestyle through health promotion program without face-to-face intervention in a large-scale Japanese enterprise. J Occup Health. 2013;55:74-83 pubmed..The employees who maintained and improved their lifestyle had a lower OPCR and 10% 10-year risk. Future study should increase the number of employees actively attempting to improve their lifestyles at a worksite ..
- Saito N, Sairenchi T, Irie F, Iso H, Iimura K, Watanabe H, et al. Low serum LDL cholesterol levels are associated with elevated mortality from liver cancer in Japan: the Ibaraki Prefectural health study. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2013;229:203-11 pubmed..01). Therefore, low LDL cholesterol levels are associated with elevated risk of liver cancer mortality. Low LDL cholesterol may be a predictive marker for death due to liver cancer. ..
- Murakami T, Yao T, Mitomi H, Morimoto T, Ueyama H, Matsumoto K, et al. Clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical characteristics of gastric adenocarcinoma with enteroblastic differentiation: a study of 29 cases. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:498-507 pubmed publisher..Clinicopathologic features of GAED differ from those of CGA. GAED shows aggressive biological behavior, and is characteristically immunoreactive to AFP, glypican 3, or SALL4. ..
- Yano T, Nemoto D, Ono K, Miyata Y, Numao N, Iwashita C, et al. Gel immersion endoscopy: a novel method to secure the visual field during endoscopy in bleeding patients (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc. 2016;83:809-11 pubmed publisher..There were no adverse events associated with this method. Gel immersion endoscopy is safe and effective for securing the visual field, creating a space for endoscopic visualization and treatment in otherwise difficult situations. ..
- Suzuki K, Mizuno Y, Yoshida M. Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration by 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline-like endogenous alkaloids in mouse brain. Neurochem Res. 1990;15:705-10 pubmed..Toxic properties of these compounds on mitochondria were quite similar to that of MPP+. Our results support the hypothesis that (a) MPTP- or MPP(+)-like substance(s) may be responsible for the nigral degeneration in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ohkuchi A, Minakami H, Shiraishi H, Suzuki I, Ohki T, Sato I. Intrauterine death of one twin, with rescue of the other, in twin-twin transfusion syndrome. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2002;19:293-6 pubmed..The early death of the donor twin may thus have played a significant role in improving the status of the recipient twin in this case of twin-twin transfusion syndrome. ..
- Hiruta M, Fukuda H, Hiruta A, Saitoh K, Hirabayashi Y, Seo N. [Emergency cesarean section in a patient with acute cortical blindness and eclampsia]. Masui. 2002;51:670-2 pubmed..The operation was performed uneventfully. Her consciousness returned to normal by the following day and visual recovery was complete within 72 hr postpartum. The patient and the infant showed no complication on their discharge. ..
- Ohmori S, Morimoto Y. Dihydroetorphine: a potent analgesic: pharmacology, toxicology, pharmacokinetics, and clinical effects. CNS Drug Rev. 2002;8:391-404 pubmed..This patch formulation, which is very suitable for DHE, may be viable for the treatment of severe pain and is likely to improve patients' quality of life. ..
- Nakano M, Watanabe Y, Masutani M. A case of extensor digitorum brevis manus. Dermatol Online J. 2003;9:21 pubmed..MRI scans can help to distinguish EDBM from tumors. EDBM should be included in the differential diagnosis of soft tissue masses on the dorsal aspect of the hand. ..
- Sutheesophon K, Kobayashi Y, Takatoku M, Ozawa K, Kano Y, Ishii H, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor depsipeptide (FK228) induces apoptosis in leukemic cells by facilitating mitochondrial translocation of Bax, which is enhanced by the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib. Acta Haematol. 2006;115:78-90 pubmed..The status of Bcl-2 and Bax may influence the sensitivity of tumors to this combination and thus can be a target of further therapeutic intervention. ..
- Arai M, Kosuge K, Kawamoto F, Matsuoka H. Reactivity of blood samples spotted onto filter papers in the WST-8 method for screening of G6PD deficiency. Acta Med Okayama. 2006;60:127-34 pubmed
- Sakurai D, Hase H, Kanno Y, Kojima H, Okumura K, Kobata T. TACI regulates IgA production by APRIL in collaboration with HSPG. Blood. 2007;109:2961-7 pubmed..Our findings indicate that simultaneous binding of TACI and HSPG on B cells with APRIL is crucial for IgA production. ..
- Haruna S, Otori N, Moriyama H, Kamio M. Endoscopic transnasal transethmosphenoidal approach for pituitary tumors: assessment of technique and postoperative findings of nasal and paranasal cavities. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2007;34:57-63 pubmed..Finally, the unilateral TTES is most appropriate for removal of tumors that are deviated to one side and localized within the sella. ..
- Hachiya A, Sriwiriyanont P, Patel A, Saito N, Ohuchi A, Kitahara T, et al. Gene transfer in human skin with different pseudotyped HIV-based vectors. Gene Ther. 2007;14:648-56 pubmed
- Hatanaka H, Takada S, Choi Y, Fujiwara S, Soda M, Enomoto M, et al. Transforming activity of purinergic receptor P2Y, G-protein coupled, 2 revealed by retroviral expression screening. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:723-6 pubmed..These results indicate an unexpected role of P2RY2 in the carcinogenesis of human cancers...
- Sekiya H, Ozawa H, Sugimoto N, Kariya Y, Hoshino Y. Pigmented villonodular synovitis of the elbow in a 6-year-old girl: a case report. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2007;15:106-8 pubmed..The osteochondral defect at the olecranon was filled with calcium phosphate bone paste. Two years after surgery, neither recurrence nor joint degeneration was found...
- Tagaya N, Nakagawa A, Ishikawa Y, Oyama T, Kubota K. Experience with ultrasonographically guided vacuum-assisted resection of benign breast tumors. Clin Radiol. 2008;63:396-400 pubmed publisher..4%). Although this method is feasible and safe without severe complications, it is necessary to select appropriate patients, and to obtain informed consent regarding the possibility of recurrence or residual tumour. ..