Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Publications798 found, 100 shown here
- Umemura M, Itoh M, Makimura Y, Yamazaki K, Umekawa M, Masui A, et al. Design of a sialylglycopolymer with a chitosan backbone having efficient inhibitory activity against influenza virus infection. J Med Chem. 2008;51:4496-503 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the sialylglycopolymer could be an excellent candidate of the safe and efficient anti-influenza drug. ..
- Nishiyama C, Iwami T, Kawamura T, Ando M, Yonemoto N, Hiraide A, et al. Effectiveness of simplified chest compression-only CPR training for the general public: a randomized controlled trial. Resuscitation. 2008;79:90-6 pubmed publisher..9+/-1.6, respectively. A simplified chest compression-only CPR program makes it possible for the general public to perform a greater number of appropriate chest compressions than the conventional CPR program (UMIN-CTR C0000000321). ..
- Nagayama S, Yamada E, Kohno Y, Aoyama T, Fukukawa C, Kubo H, et al. Inverse correlation of the up-regulation of FZD10 expression and the activation of beta-catenin in synchronous colorectal tumors. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:405-12 pubmed publisher..0002), suggesting that FZD10 has a distinct role from other FZDs in canonical Wnt signal transduction. ..
- Hirata T, Okabe M, Kobayashi A, Ueda K, Matsuo M. Molecular mechanisms of subcellular localization of ABCG5 and ABCG8. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:619-26 pubmed..This suggests that the N-terminal cytosolic domains of ABCG5 and ABCG8 are involved in ER retention of their homodimers, and that novel ER-retention or -retrieval motifs exist within these domains...
- Mizuno T, Kondo M, Ishigami N, Tamura A, Itsukage M, Koizumi H, et al. Cognitive impairment and cerebral hypoperfusion in a CADASIL patient improved during administration of lomerizine. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2009;32:113-6 pubmed publisher..Cognitive decline and cerebral hypoperfusion improved during 2-year administration of lomerizine in this CADASIL patient, and thus, lomerizine is a potential candidate for treating cognitive impairment in CADASIL patients...
- Yanagihara K, Yoshimura K, Niimi M, Yasuda H, Sasaki T, Nishimura T, et al. Phase II study of S-1 and docetaxel for previously treated patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010;66:913-8 pubmed publisher..A phase III trial comparing docetaxel with or without S-1 would warrant further investigation. ..
- Deguchi A, Miyoshi H, Kojima Y, Okawa K, Aoki M, Taketo M. LKB1 suppresses p21-activated kinase-1 (PAK1) by phosphorylation of Thr109 in the p21-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18283-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PAK1 is a direct downstream target of LKB1 and plays an essential role in LKB1-induced suppression of cell migration. ..
- Sasaki M, Sotozono C, Chihara H, Ueta M, Inatomi T, Yokoi N, et al. [Characteristic appearance of early-stage Acanthamoeba keratitis]. Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi. 2010;114:1030-5 pubmed..We found that radial keratoneuritis and pseudodendritic lesions are characteristic appearances of early-stage AK, and that topical steroid treatment might mask these characteristic findings. ..
- Torikoshi K, Abe H, Matsubara T, Hirano T, Ohshima T, Murakami T, et al. Protein inhibitor of activated STAT, PIASy regulates ?-smooth muscle actin expression by interacting with E12 in mesangial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41186 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TGF-? up-regulates PIASy expression in MCs to down-regulate?-SMA gene transcription by the interaction with E12. ..
- Li B, Shimizu Y, Kobayashi T, Terada N, Yoshimura K, Kamba T, et al. Overexpression of ETS-1 is associated with malignant biological features of prostate cancer. Asian J Androl. 2012;14:860-3 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that immunostaining for ETS-1 could be a molecular marker for predicting a poor clinical outcome for PCa patients, particularly those with high-risk disease. ..
- Awaya T, Kato T, Mizuno Y, Chang H, Niwa A, Umeda K, et al. Selective development of myogenic mesenchymal cells from human embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51638 pubmed publisher..Our simple differentiation system facilitates further utilization of ES and iPS cells in both developmental and pathological muscle research and in serving as a practical donor source for cell therapy of muscle diseases. ..
- Harada K, Fujii Y, Adachi A, Tsukidate A, Asai F, Koizumi A. Dietary intake of radiocesium in adult residents in Fukushima prefecture and neighboring regions after the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident: 24-h food-duplicate survey in December 2011. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:2520-6 pubmed publisher..In future studies, the exposure estimates should be refined by probability sampling to eliminate biases. ..
- Yurugi H, Tanida S, Akita K, Ishida A, Toda M, Nakada H. Prohibitins function as endogenous ligands for Siglec-9 and negatively regulate TCR signaling upon ligation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:376-81 pubmed publisher..In parallel with inhibition of the ERK cascade, IL-2 production was markedly decreased in Jurkat cells. Thus, this interaction may be a useful immunotherapeutic target. ..
- Ohno H, Saito H. RNA and RNP as Building Blocks for Nanotechnology and Synthetic Biology. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2016;139:165-85 pubmed publisher..In addition, these reconstructive approaches would lead to a greater understanding of building principle in naturally occurring RNA/RNP molecules and systems. ..
- Koh S, Inoue Y, Ochi S, Takai Y, Maeda N, Nishida K. Quality of Vision in Eyes With Epiphora Undergoing Lacrimal Passage Intubation. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:71-78 pubmed publisher..019), and tear meniscus dimension decreased (P < .001). Lacrimal passage intubation for eyes with epiphora significantly improved visual function and optical quality via patency of the lacrimal passage. ..
- Nishiyama A, Matsui M, Iwata S, Hirota K, Masutani H, Nakamura H, et al. Identification of thioredoxin-binding protein-2/vitamin D(3) up-regulated protein 1 as a negative regulator of thioredoxin function and expression. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21645-50 pubmed..Therefore, the TRX-TBP-2/VDUP1 interaction may be an important redox regulatory mechanism in cellular processes, including differentiation of myeloid and macrophage lineages. ..
- Nishimura M, Hashimoto T, Kobayashi H, Fukuda T, Okino K, Yamamoto N, et al. Myocardial scintigraphy using a fatty acid analogue detects coronary artery disease in hemodialysis patients. Kidney Int. 2004;66:811-9 pubmed..895 in BMIPP and 0.727 in Tl SPECT, respectively. Resting BMIPP SPECT is superior to Tl SPECT for detecting coronary lesions, and provides safe screening for coronary artery disease among maintenance hemodialysis patients. ..
- Matsuura M, Okazaki K, Nishio A, Nakase H, Tamaki H, Uchida K, et al. Therapeutic effects of rectal administration of basic fibroblast growth factor on experimental murine colitis. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:975-86 pubmed..Rectal administration of bFGF might be a promising option for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Yamada T, Taniguchi Y, Nishimura S, Yoshioka S, Takasuga A, Sugimoto Y, et al. Radiation hybrid mapping of genes showing intramuscular fat deposition-associated expression changes in bovine musculus longissimus muscle. Anim Genet. 2006;37:184-5 pubmed
- Fukuda A, Kawaguchi Y, Furuyama K, Kodama S, Horiguchi M, Kuhara T, et al. Ectopic pancreas formation in Hes1 -knockout mice reveals plasticity of endodermal progenitors of the gut, bile duct, and pancreas. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1484-93 pubmed
- Miki T, Mizutani Y, Akaza H, Ozono S, Tsukamoto T, Terachi T, et al. Long-term results of first-line sequential high-dose carboplatin, etoposide and ifosfamide chemotherapy with peripheral blood stem cell support for patients with advanced testicular germ cell tumor. Int J Urol. 2007;14:54-9 pubmed..This regimen might be examined for further investigation in randomized trials in first-line chemotherapy for patients with poor-risk testicular GCT. ..
- Satoh S, Kawashima K, Matsumoto S, Hasegawa S, Okabe H, Nomura A, et al. Retrospective evaluation of sequential outpatient chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer. Chemotherapy. 2007;53:226-32 pubmed
- Harada H, Kizaka Kondoh S, Li G, Itasaka S, Shibuya K, Inoue M, et al. Significance of HIF-1-active cells in angiogenesis and radioresistance. Oncogene. 2007;26:7508-16 pubmed..These results further strengthen the argument that HIF-1-active/hypoxic cells play crucial roles in angiogenesis and radioresistance. ..
- Okada T, Miki Y, Kikuta K, Mikuni N, Urayama S, Fushimi Y, et al. Diffusion tensor fiber tractography for arteriovenous malformations: quantitative analyses to evaluate the corticospinal tract and optic radiation. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007;28:1107-13 pubmed..Tracts were less visualized in patients with neurologic symptoms than in asymptomatic patients. ..
- Mashimo T, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J. Innate resistance to flavivirus infections and the functions of 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetases. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2008;321:85-100 pubmed..Finally, convergent observations indicate that the molecules encoded by the 2 '-5' OAS cluster might be involved in other fundamental cellular functions such as cell growth and differentiation, gene regulation, and apoptosis. ..
- Otsuka S, Iwasaka S, Yoneda Y, Takeyasu K, Yoshimura S. Individual binding pockets of importin-beta for FG-nucleoporins have different binding properties and different sensitivities to RanGTP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:16101-6 pubmed publisher..Single-molecule force measurement using the entire molecule of an NPC from a Xenopus oocyte also implies that the reduction of the affinity by RanGTP really occurs at the nucleoplasmic side of the entire NPC. ..
- Shimada K, Nakamoto Y, Isoda H, Maetani Y, Yamashita R, Arizono S, et al. F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in a solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas mimicking malignancy. Clin Nucl Med. 2008;33:766-8 pubmed publisher..However, findings of positron emission tomography (PET) using F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) with pathologic correlation have not been fully evaluated. We present a case of SPT that mimicked malignancy on FDG-PET. ..
- Akamatsu M, Fujikawa M, Nakao K, Shimizu R. In silico prediction of human oral absorption based on QSAR analyses of PAMPA permeability. Chem Biodivers. 2009;6:1845-66 pubmed publisher..PAMPA permeability. Finally, based on the QSAR analyses of PAMPA permeability, an in silico prediction model of human oral absorption for possibly transported compounds was proposed, and the usefulness of the model was examined. ..
- Nakanishi H, Higuchi Y, Kawakami S, Yamashita F, Hashida M. piggyBac transposon-mediated long-term gene expression in mice. Mol Ther. 2010;18:707-14 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PB is useful for organ-selective somatic integration and sustained gene expression in mammals, and will contribute to basic genetic studies and gene therapies. ..
- Koganemaru S, Domen K, Fukuyama H, Mima T. Negative emotion can enhance human motor cortical plasticity. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:1637-45 pubmed publisher..These findings could help to explain the physiological basis of abnormal motor symptoms in psychogenic movement disorders following emotional events. ..
- Satoh H. Discovery of lansoprazole and its unique pharmacological properties independent from anti-secretory activity. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:67-75 pubmed
- Ogawa S, Ohnishi T, Hosokawa K, Szlam F, Chen E, Tanaka K. Haemodilution-induced changes in coagulation and effects of haemostatic components under flow conditions. Br J Anaesth. 2013;111:1013-23 pubmed publisher..Blood flow affects thrombus formation after haemodilution and subsequent haemostatic component interventions, with differential effects at low and high flow. ..
- Matsui Y, Shindo K, Nagata K, Io K, Tada K, Iwai F, et al. Defining HIV-1 Vif residues that interact with CBF? by site-directed mutagenesis. Virology. 2014;449:82-7 pubmed publisher..These results support a model in which HIV-1 Vif residues E88/W89 may participate in binding CBF?. ..
- Nakamura T, Inatomi T, Sotozono C, Koizumi N, Kinoshita S. Ocular surface reconstruction using stem cell and tissue engineering. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2016;51:187-207 pubmed publisher..This manuscript describes the diligent development of ocular surface reconstruction using tissue engineering techniques, both past and present, and discusses and validates their future use for regenerative therapy in this field. ..
- Mayumi T, Yoshida M, Tazuma S, Furukawa A, Nishii O, Shigematsu K, et al. The Practice Guidelines for Primary Care of Acute Abdomen 2015. Jpn J Radiol. 2016;34:80-115 pubmed publisher..We hope that these guidelines contribute to clinical practice and improve the primary care and prognosis of patients with acute abdomen. ..
- Hatake K, Ogura M, Takada K, Taniwaki M, Zhang F, Fujita T, et al. Ofatumumab combined with chlorambucil for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a phase I/II, open-label study in Japan. Int J Hematol. 2017;106:240-247 pubmed publisher..One grade 3 serious AE related to the study drug occurred (hypoxia). The results indicate that ofatumumab combined with chlorambucil is an effective treatment for Japanese CLL patients, with a manageable safety profile. ..
- Kobayashi T, Kakizuka A. Molecular analyses of Machado-Joseph disease. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2003;100:261-75 pubmed
- Terada T, Inui K. Gene expression and regulation of drug transporters in the intestine and kidney. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;73:440-9 pubmed..The purpose of this research updates is to review the recent progress in the study of the gene expression and regulation of intestinal and renal drug transporters. ..
- Kishimoto C, Nimata M, Okabe T, Shioji K. Immunoglobulin treatment ameliorates myocardial injury in experimental autoimmune myocarditis associated with suppression of reactive oxygen species. Int J Cardiol. 2013;167:140-5 pubmed publisher..ROS may be involved in the development of myocarditis. Intact Ig ameliorates myocardial damage in mice with myocarditis associated with suppression of ROS and cytotoxic activity of lymphocytes. ..
- Kawai K, Suzuki S, Tabata Y, Taira T, Ikada Y, Nishimura Y. Development of an artificial dermis preparation capable of silver sulfadiazine release. J Biomed Mater Res. 2001;57:346-56 pubmed..and St., compared with artificial dermis without Ag-SD. We conclude that collagen sponge impregnated with Ag-SD is a promising artificial dermis applicable to treat contaminated wounds. ..
- Umehara H, Bloom E, Okazaki T, Domae N, Imai T. Fractalkine and vascular injury. Trends Immunol. 2001;22:602-7 pubmed..Here, we propose a model in which fractalkine mediates vascular injury through the accumulation and activation of killer cells. ..
- Ego T, Ariumi Y, Shimotohno K. The interaction of HTLV-1 Tax with HDAC1 negatively regulates the viral gene expression. Oncogene. 2002;21:7241-6 pubmed..However, this repression was relieved by overexpression of CBP. Thus, HDAC1 is likely to compete with CBP in binding with Tax and functions as a negative regulator for the transcriptional activation by Tax. ..
- Tadamura E, Mamede M, Kubo S, Toyoda H, Yamamuro M, Iida H, et al. The effect of nitroglycerin on myocardial blood flow in various segments characterized by rest-redistribution thallium SPECT. J Nucl Med. 2003;44:745-51 pubmed..After NTG, tracer uptake in the ischemic myocardium will be relatively increased compared with that in the nonviable and nonischemic myocardium, leading to improvements in viability detection. ..
- Yamazaki Y, Kubota H, Nozaki M, Nagata K. Transcriptional regulation of the cytosolic chaperonin theta subunit gene, Cctq, by Ets domain transcription factors Elk-1, Sap-1a, and Net in the absence of serum response factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30642-51 pubmed..These results indicate that transcription of the Cctq gene is regulated by TCFs under the control of the Ras/MAPK pathway, probably independently of serum response factor. ..
- Shibata T, Yamamoto Y, Yamamoto N, Maetani Y, Shibata T, Ikai I, et al. Cholangitis and liver abscess after percutaneous ablation therapy for liver tumors: incidence and risk factors. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2003;14:1535-42 pubmed..67-136.9). Bilioenteric anastomosis strongly correlated with the development of cholangitis and/or liver abscess after percutaneous ablation therapy. Close posttreatment attention should be paid to this subgroup of patients. ..
- Ego T, Tanaka Y, Shimotohno K. Interaction of HTLV-1 Tax and methyl-CpG-binding domain 2 positively regulates the gene expression from the hypermethylated LTR. Oncogene. 2005;24:1914-23 pubmed publisher..Our observation provides insight into the epigenetic regulation of gene expression and the diverse mechanisms of transcriptional regulation using methylated promoters...
- Kobori T, Kodama M, Hizume K, Yoshimura S, Ohtani T, Takeyasu K. Comparative structural biology of the genome: nano-scale imaging of single nucleus from different kingdoms reveals the common physicochemical property of chromatin with a 40 nm structural unit. J Electron Microsc (Tokyo). 2006;55:31-40 pubmed..A common mechanism could be implied regardless of the intrinsic properties of the eukaryotic genomes. ..
- Mitani S, Fujita M, Sakamoto S, Shirakawa T. Effect of autogenic training on cardiac autonomic nervous activity in high-risk fire service workers for posttraumatic stress disorder. J Psychosom Res. 2006;60:439-44 pubmed..These changes were accompanied by a significant decrease in the total points of IES-R-J. Autogenic training is effective for ameliorating the disturbance of cardiac autonomic nervous activity and psychological issues secondary to PTSD. ..
- Tateishi K, Ashihara E, Honsho S, Takehara N, Nomura T, Takahashi T, et al. Human cardiac stem cells exhibit mesenchymal features and are maintained through Akt/GSK-3beta signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:635-41 pubmed..We conclude that hCSCs exhibit mesenchymal features and that Akt/GSK-3beta may be crucial modulators for hCSC maintenance in human heart. ..
- Kishida T, Asada H, Kubo K, Sato Y, Shin Ya M, Imanishi J, et al. Pleiotrophic functions of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen-1 (EBNA-1) and oriP differentially contribute to the efficiency of transfection/expression of exogenous gene in mammalian cells. J Biotechnol. 2008;133:201-7 pubmed
- Tsuchida K, Komatsu K. Impaired removal of DNA interstrand cross-link in Nijmegen breakage syndrome and Fanconi anemia, but not in BRCA-defective group. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:2238-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate an obvious defect of FA and NBS in the ICL repair process, except in the BRCA-defective group, and a separate step of recombination-mediated repair pathway between the BRCA group and NBS. ..
- Shimamura S, Ishikawa F. Interaction between DNMT1 and DNA replication reactions in the SV40 in vitro replication system. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1960-6 pubmed publisher..The in vitro system described in this report is very useful for analyzing the molecular mechanism underlying the DNA maintenance methylation reaction. ..
- Obama K, Okabe H, Hosogi H, Tanaka E, Itami A, Sakai Y. Feasibility of laparoscopic gastrectomy with radical lymph node dissection for gastric cancer: from a viewpoint of pancreas-related complications. Surgery. 2011;149:15-21 pubmed publisher..Although POPF after LG was infrequent, d-AMY level was higher than after OG. We should pay attention to the potential risk of pancreatic leakage when carrying out LG with peripancreatic lymphadenectomy. ..
- Iwata H, Gotoh O. Comparative analysis of information contents relevant to recognition of introns in many species. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:45 pubmed publisher..Our findings may afford additional clues to understanding of evolution of splicing mechanisms. ..
- Itsumura N, Inamo Y, Okazaki F, Teranishi F, Narita H, Kambe T, et al. Compound heterozygous mutations in SLC30A2/ZnT2 results in low milk zinc concentrations: a novel mechanism for zinc deficiency in a breast-fed infant. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64045 pubmed publisher..These results show novel compound heterozygous mutations in the SLC30A2/ZnT2 gene causing zinc deficiency in a breast-fed infant...
- Takahashi C, Sheng Z, Horan T, Kitayama H, Maki M, Hitomi K, et al. Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and inhibition of tumor invasion by the membrane-anchored glycoprotein RECK. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13221-6 pubmed..Moreover, purified RECK protein was found to bind to, and inhibit the proteolytic activity of, MMP-9. Thus, RECK may link oncogenic signals to tumor invasion and metastasis. ..
- Fujita H, Katoh H, Ishikawa Y, Mori K, Negishi M. Rapostlin is a novel effector of Rnd2 GTPase inducing neurite branching. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45428-34 pubmed..Therefore, Rapostlin is the first effector of Rnd2, regulating neurite branch formation. ..
- Watanabe D, Takagi H, Suzuma K, Suzuma I, Oh H, Ohashi H, et al. Transcription factor Ets-1 mediates ischemia- and vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent retinal neovascularization. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1827-35 pubmed..Ets-1 up-regulation is involved in the development of retinal neovascularization, and inhibition of Ets-1 may be beneficial in the treatment of ischemic ocular diseases. ..
- Watanabe H, Nonoguchi K, Sakurai T, Masuda T, Itoh K, Fujita J. A novel protein Depp, which is induced by progesterone in human endometrial stromal cells activates Elk-1 transcription factor. Mol Hum Reprod. 2005;11:471-6 pubmed..Elucidation of the biological function of Depp in the endometrium will facilitate our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of decidualization and placental development. ..
- Yamanaka Y, Kitano A, Takao K, Prasansuklab A, Mushiroda T, Yamazaki K, et al. Inactivation of fibroblast growth factor binding protein 3 causes anxiety-related behaviors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:200-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FGF-BP3 plays a critical role in the regulation of emotional states and in the development of anxiety disorders and should be investigated as a therapeutic target for anxiety disease in humans. ..
- Mikami Y, Minamiguchi S, Teramoto N, Nagura M, Haga H, Konishi I. Carbonic anhydrase type IX expression in lobular endocervical glandular hyperplasia and gastric-type adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix. Pathol Res Pract. 2013;209:173-8 pubmed publisher..Although CA-IX appears to be involved in tumor progression and may be diagnostically useful in cases of endocervical adenocarcinoma and its precursors, LEGH can be a pitfall, and staining results should be combined with morphology. ..
- Okuyama T, Akechi T, Mackenzie L, Furukawa T. Psychotherapy for depression among advanced, incurable cancer patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;56:16-27 pubmed publisher..There is insufficient high-quality evidence supporting the effectiveness of psychotherapy for patients with clinically diagnosed depression. ..
- Ishiyama S, Nishiyama A, Saeki Y, Moritsugu K, Morimoto D, Yamaguchi L, et al. Structure of the Dnmt1 Reader Module Complexed with a Unique Two-Mono-Ubiquitin Mark on Histone H3 Reveals the Basis for DNA Methylation Maintenance. Mol Cell. 2017;68:350-360.e7 pubmed publisher..Actually, incubation of Dnmt1 with H3-K18Ub/23Ub increases its catalytic activity in vitro. Our results therefore shed light on the essential role of a unique ubiquitin-binding module in DNA methylation maintenance...
- Matsuda T, Taniguchi F, Tsuda T, Aikawa I. Obstructive ileitis secondary to colon cancer: report of a case. Surg Today. 2003;33:205-8 pubmed..OI does not always show similar histological features to obstructive colitis; however, they are both important types of obstructing lesions, and their possibility must be kept in mind during colorectal cancer surgery...
- Oinuma I, Katoh H, Harada A, Negishi M. Direct interaction of Rnd1 with Plexin-B1 regulates PDZ-RhoGEF-mediated Rho activation by Plexin-B1 and induces cell contraction in COS-7 cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25671-7 pubmed..We propose that Rnd1 plays an important role in the regulation of Plexin-B1 signaling, leading to Rho activation during axon guidance and cell migration. ..
- Kitawaki J, Ishihara H, Koshiba H, Kiyomizu M, Teramoto M, Kitaoka Y, et al. Usefulness and limits of CA-125 in diagnosis of endometriosis without associated ovarian endometriomas. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:1999-2003 pubmed..However, the accuracy of using only CA-125 testing for diagnosis is still limited. Serum CA-125 testing can be done during initial screenings of women with possible endometriosis. ..
- Mitsui S, Nakamura T, Okui A, Kominami K, Uemura H, Yamaguchi N. Multiple promoters regulate tissue-specific alternative splicing of the human kallikrein gene, KLK11/hippostasin. FEBS J. 2006;273:3678-86 pubmed..We suggest that not only alternative splicing but also tissue-specific use of multiple promoters regulate the expression and intracellular trafficking of KLK11/hippostasin isoforms. ..
- Taketo M. Wnt signaling and gastrointestinal tumorigenesis in mouse models. Oncogene. 2006;25:7522-30 pubmed
- Shime N, Toida C, Itoi T, Hashimoto S. Continuous negative extrathoracic pressure in children after congenital heart surgery. Crit Care Resusc. 2006;8:297-301 pubmed..Prophylactic application of CNEP immediately after extubation appears to decrease right ventricular load and improve arterial oxygenation. CNEP might become a useful option in the management of congenital heart surgery patients. ..
- Gutteridge A, Kanehisa M, Goto S. Regulation of metabolic networks by small molecule metabolites. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:88 pubmed..Chemical structure is a key determinant in deciding how a compound is used in regulation and for defining modules within the regulatory system. ..
- Yoshimura K, Kamoto T, Tsukamoto T, Oshiro K, Kinukawa N, Ogawa O. Seasonal alterations in nocturia and other storage symptoms in three Japanese communities. Urology. 2007;69:864-70 pubmed..These findings suggest that epidemiologic studies focusing on the prevalence of lower urinary tract symptoms should take into consideration the impact of seasonal changes, especially in communities in warmer zones. ..
- Takahashi K, Tanabe K, Ohnuki M, Narita M, Ichisaka T, Tomoda K, et al. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell. 2007;131:861-72 pubmed..Furthermore, these cells could differentiate into cell types of the three germ layers in vitro and in teratomas. These findings demonstrate that iPS cells can be generated from adult human fibroblasts. ..
- Kakinoki R, Ikeguchi R, Atiyya A, Nakamura T. Treatment of posttraumatic painful neuromas at the digit tip using neurovascular island flaps. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:348-52 pubmed publisher..We report the treatment of 9 patients with 9 painful neuromas at the tips of the digits using reverse pedicled island flaps containing subcutaneous nerves that were connected to the digital nerve stumps after removal of the neuromas...
- Ueta M, Tokunaga K, Sotozono C, Inatomi T, Yabe T, Matsushita M, et al. HLA class I and II gene polymorphisms in Stevens-Johnson syndrome with ocular complications in Japanese. Mol Vis. 2008;14:550-5 pubmed..Because our findings are completely different from data reported on Caucasian patients, they suggest strong ethnic differences in the HLA-SJS associations. ..
- Yui S, Kanamoto R, Saeki T. Deoxycholic acid can induce apoptosis in the human colon cancer cell line HCT116 in the absence of Bax. Nutr Cancer. 2008;60:91-6 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with our previous observations that were obtained by using wild-type HCT116 cells and suggest that Bax is not indispensable for DCA-induced apoptosis in HCT116 cells. ..
- Iwaisako K, Hatano E, Taura K, Nakajima A, Tada M, Seo S, et al. Loss of Sept4 exacerbates liver fibrosis through the dysregulation of hepatic stellate cells. J Hepatol. 2008;49:768-78 pubmed publisher..These data concordantly indicate that the HSC-specific septin subunit Sept4 and perhaps the septin system are involved in the suppressive modulation of myofibroblastic transformation and fibrogenesis associated with liver diseases. ..
- Miyamoto J, Tatsuzawa K, Owada K, Kawabe T, Sasajima H, Mineura K. Usefulness and limitations of fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for the detection of malignancy of orbital tumors. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2008;48:495-9; discussion 499 pubmed..0027). Both patterns of high and iso uptake of [18F]FDG were found in orbital pseudotumor. [18F]FDG PET can determine the malignancy of orbital tumors, but cannot distinguish malignant tumor from inflammatory disease such as pseudotumor. ..
- Masutani H, Otsuki R, Yamaguchi Y, Takenaka M, Kanoh N, Takatera K, et al. Fragrant unsaturated aldehydes elicit activation of the Keap1/Nrf2 system leading to the upregulation of thioredoxin expression and protection against oxidative stress. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009;11:949-62 pubmed publisher..These results also suggest that perillaldehyde activates the Nrf2-Keap1 system and that the lysine and arginine residues juxtaposed to the critical cysteine residues of Keap1 are required for signal sensing. ..
- Tsuda M, Terada T, Ueba M, Sato T, Masuda S, Katsura T, et al. Involvement of human multidrug and toxin extrusion 1 in the drug interaction between cimetidine and metformin in renal epithelial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:185-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that apical hMATE1 is involved in drug interactions between cimetidine and cationic compounds in the proximal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Sakaguchi S, Wing K, Onishi Y, Prieto Martin P, Yamaguchi T. Regulatory T cells: how do they suppress immune responses?. Int Immunol. 2009;21:1105-11 pubmed publisher..These findings will help to design effective ways for controlling immune responses by targeting Treg suppressive functions. ..
- Ding S, Nishizawa K, Kobayashi T, Oishi S, Lv J, Fujii N, et al. A potent chemotherapeutic strategy for bladder cancer: (S)-methoxy-trityl-L-cystein, a novel Eg5 inhibitor. J Urol. 2010;184:1175-81 pubmed publisher..001). (S)-methoxy-trityl-L-cystein is a promising, novel anticancer agent for bladder cancer. Our data indicates its potential as effective therapy for metastatic bladder cancer. ..
- Kume N, Mitsuoka H, Hayashida K, Tanaka M. Pentraxin 3 as a biomarker for acute coronary syndrome: comparison with biomarkers for cardiac damage. J Cardiol. 2011;58:38-45 pubmed publisher..981 and 0.489, respectively. PTX3 is a sensitive and specific biomarker for the diagnosis of ACS, and shows additional diagnostic values when measured in combination with TnT. ..
- Maekawa M, Yamaguchi K, Nakamura T, Shibukawa R, Kodanaka I, Ichisaka T, et al. Direct reprogramming of somatic cells is promoted by maternal transcription factor Glis1. Nature. 2011;474:225-9 pubmed publisher..These results therefore show that Glis1 effectively promotes the direct reprogramming of somatic cells during iPSC generation. ..
- Koizumi A, Harada K, Niisoe T, Adachi A, Fujii Y, Hitomi T, et al. Preliminary assessment of ecological exposure of adult residents in Fukushima Prefecture to radioactive cesium through ingestion and inhalation. Environ Health Prev Med. 2012;17:292-8 pubmed publisher..This study aims to estimate the ecological exposure of adult residents of Fukushima Prefecture to ¹³?cesium (Cs) and ¹³?Cs through ingestion and inhalation between July 2 and July 8, 2011...
- Yoshida T, Nakagawa M. Clinical aspects and pathology of Alexander disease, and morphological and functional alteration of astrocytes induced by GFAP mutation. Neuropathology. 2012;32:440-6 pubmed publisher..Clarification of the glia-neuron interactions will prove the disease to be very interesting. ..
- Kakimoto Y, Ito S, Abiru H, Kotani H, Ozeki M, Tamaki K, et al. Sorbin and SH3 domain-containing protein 2 is released from infarcted heart in the very early phase: proteomic analysis of cardiac tissues from patients. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000565 pubmed publisher..The proteomic strategy presented here is based on precise microscopic findings and is quite useful for candidate biomarker discovery using human tissue samples stored in depositories. ..
- Todo K, Koga O, Nishikawa M, Hikida M. IgG1 cytoplasmic tail is essential for cell surface expression in Ig? down-regulated cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:572-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tyrosine residue in IgG cytoplasmic tail is playing a essential role for the efficient expression of IgG BCR on the cell surface when BCR associated signaling molecules, including Ig?, are down-regulated. ..
- Yoshino T, Saito D, Atsuta Y, Uchiyama C, Ueda S, Sekiguchi K, et al. Interepithelial signaling with nephric duct is required for the formation of overlying coelomic epithelial cell sheet. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6660-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a novel insight into interepithelial signaling that also might occur in adult tissues to protect against EMT and suggest a possible new target for anticancer therapeutic strategy. ..