Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Kanagawa, Japan
Locale: Kanagawa, Japan
Publications469 found, 100 shown here
- Ohta E, Kawakami F, Kubo M, Obata F. LRRK2 directly phosphorylates Akt1 as a possible physiological substrate: impairment of the kinase activity by Parkinson's disease-associated mutations. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2165-70 pubmed publisher..The disease-associated mutations, R1441C, G2019S, and I2020T, exhibited reduced interaction with, and phosphorylation of, Akt1, suggesting one possible mechanism for the neurodegeneration caused by LRRK2 mutations. ..
- Kamata Y, Maejima H, Watarai A, Saito N, Katsuoka K, Takeda A, et al. Expression of bleomycin hydrolase in keratinization disorders. Arch Dermatol Res. 2012;304:31-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, BH may play an important role during the late stage of epidermal differentiation. ..
- Kanno T, Tanaka K, Yanagisawa Y, Yasutake K, Hadano S, Yoshii F, et al. A novel small molecule, N-(4-(2-pyridyl)(1,3-thiazol-2-yl))-2-(2,4,6-trimethylphenoxy) acetamide, selectively protects against oxidative stress-induced cell death by activating the Nrf2-ARE pathway: therapeutic implications for ALS. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;53:2028-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, CPN-9 is a novel Nrf2 activator and a neuroprotective candidate for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, including ALS. ..
- Kitoh R, Nishio S, Ogawa K, Okamoto M, Kitamura K, Gyo K, et al. SOD1 gene polymorphisms in sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Acta Otolaryngol. 2016;136:465-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, as a result of dividing SSNHL patients based on the clinical data, the difference was more apparent in the case of the over 60 dB group and the tinnitus-positive group. ..
- Cavalli F, Remke M, Rampášek L, Peacock J, Shih D, Luu B, et al. Intertumoral Heterogeneity within Medulloblastoma Subgroups. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:737-754.e6 pubmed publisher..Medulloblastoma subtypes identified through integrative clustering have important implications for stratification of future clinical trials. ..
- Inaba Y, Ito T, Hayashi S, Takahashi T, Misumi T, Hachiya T, et al. Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair Including Total Debranching on Femoral Artery for Arch Rupture. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e123-e125 pubmed publisher..All debranched bypasses were patent and the aneurysm was excluded. The patient regained sufficient ambulatory strength and showed no symptoms of syncope. ..
- Sakagami H, Uesawa Y, Masuda Y, Tomomura M, Yokose S, Miyashiro T, et al. Quantitative Structure-Cytotoxicity Relationship of Newly Synthesized Piperic Acid Esters. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6161-6168 pubmed..Eleven piperic acid esters were subjected to quantitative structure-activity relationship (QSAR) analysis based on their cytotoxicity and tumor-specificity, in order to find their new biological activities...
- Bukawa H, Fukushima J, Hamajima K, Kimura M, Tsuji T, Xin K, et al. Antibody responses raised against a conformational V3 loop peptide of HIV-1. Microbiol Immunol. 1995;39:607-14 pubmed..9% of HIV-1IIIB-mediated cell fusion, suggesting that conformational V3 loop peptide is able to elicit an antibody response which is strongly HIV-1-specific. ..
- Yoshimura S, Suemizu H, Taniguchi Y, Arimori K, Kawabe N, Moriuchi T. The human plasma glutathione peroxidase-encoding gene: organization, sequence and localization to chromosome 5q32. Gene. 1994;145:293-7 pubmed..Twenty nt upstream from the polyadenylation site of the gene, an uncanonical polyadenylation signal, AGTAAA, was found. Human PGPx was localized on chromosome 5 band q32 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Imamura O, Ichikawa K, Yamabe Y, Goto M, Sugawara M, Furuichi Y. Cloning of a mouse homologue of the human Werner syndrome gene and assignment to 8A4 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Genomics. 1997;41:298-300 pubmed
- Katori M, Majima M, Harada Y. Possible background mechanisms of the effectiveness of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Inflamm Res. 1998;47 Suppl 2:S107-11 pubmed..The prevention of these COX-2 responses provides a rationale for the effectiveness of COX-2 inhibitors in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Kajiwara H, Itoh Y, Itoh J, Yasuda M, Osamura R. Immunohistochemical expressions of prohormone convertase (PC)1/3 and PC2 in carcinoids of various organs. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 1999;24:13-20 pubmed..Other non-carcinoid endocrine tumors (parathyroid adenomas and adrenal pheochromocytomas) revealed low immunoexpressions for both PC1/3 and PC2. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Arai S, Waku K, Sugiura T. Activation by 2-arachidonoylglycerol, an endogenous cannabinoid receptor ligand, of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase in HL-60 cells. J Biochem. 2001;129:665-9 pubmed..These results suggest that 2-AG may play an important physiological role in this type of cell through the activation of the p42/44 MAP kinase cascade. ..
- Fujise H, Higa K, Kanemaru T, Fukuda M, Adragna N, Lauf P. GSH depletion, K-Cl cotransport, and regulatory volume decrease in high-K/high-GSH dog red blood cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C2003-9 pubmed..The data support the hypothesis that an intact redox system, rather than the absolute GSH levels, protects K-Cl COT activity and cell volume regulation from thiol modification. ..
- Morikawa K, Morikawa S, Nakamura M, Miyawaki T. Characterization of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor expressed on human lymphocytes. Br J Haematol. 2002;118:296-304 pubmed..Our results indicated that G-CSFR was constitutively expressed on the B-cell surface and was inducible in T cells. ..
- Miyatake R, Furukawa A, Matsushita S, Higuchi S, Suwaki H. Functional polymorphisms in the sigma1 receptor gene associated with alcoholism. Biol Psychiatry. 2004;55:85-90 pubmed..The T-485A and the GC-241-240TT may be functional polymorphisms, and the A-485 allele and TT-241-240/Pro2 haplotype are possible protective factors for the development of alcoholism. ..
- Okamiya S, Ogino M, Ogino Y, Irie S, Kanazawa N, Saito T, et al. Tryptophan-immobilized column-based immunoadsorption as the choice method for plasmapheresis in Guillain-Barré syndrome. Ther Apher Dial. 2004;8:248-53 pubmed..Tr-IA, DFPP and PE have almost the same efficacy in patients with GBS, but Tr-IA is recommended as the plasmapheresis method of choice because of its safety. ..
- Sato K, Nakaoka T, Yamashita N, Yagita H, Kawasaki H, Morimoto C, et al. TRAIL-transduced dendritic cells protect mice from acute graft-versus-host disease and leukemia relapse. J Immunol. 2005;174:4025-33 pubmed..Thus, gene transfer of TRAIL to DCs is a novel modality for the treatment of acute GVHD and leukemia relapse by selective targeting of pathogenic T cells and leukemic cells. ..
- Nakanishi K, Nureki O. Recent progress of structural biology of tRNA processing and modification. Mol Cells. 2005;19:157-66 pubmed..Furthermore, post-genomic structural analysis has elucidated the structural basis for the tRNA maturation mechanism. In this paper, the recent progress of the structural biology of the tRNA processing and modification is reviewed. ..
- Ikezawa T, Ichikawa T, Adachi K, Sugano S, Ojima T, Nakamura Y, et al. Analysis of mucin composition in gastric juices of chronic rheumatic patients with upper gastrointestinal damage. Biomed Res. 2005;26:147-51 pubmed..pylori infection. And the analysis of the composition in the gastric luminal mucin may be a very useful tool for the evaluation of gastric homeostasis in RA patients...
- Sakuramoto S, Kikuchi S, Kuroyama S, Futawatari N, Katada N, Kobayashi N, et al. Laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy for early gastric cancer: experience with 111 consecutive patients. Surg Endosc. 2006;20:55-60 pubmed..Laparoscopic lymph node dissection provided a good visual field and was easier to perform and required less time when the celiac branches of the vagus nerve were not preserved, with no negative effect on outcome. ..
- Yuki T, Haratake A, Koishikawa H, Morita K, Miyachi Y, Inoue S. Tight junction proteins in keratinocytes: localization and contribution to barrier function. Exp Dermatol. 2007;16:324-30 pubmed..We also found that the addition of ochratoxin A weakened the permeability barrier and the expression of claudin-4. Our findings suggest that TJ proteins contribute to the permeability barrier in epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Kawano K, Ebisawa M, Hase K, Fukuda S, Hijikata A, Kawano S, et al. Psg18 is specifically expressed in follicle-associated epithelium. Cell Struct Funct. 2007;32:115-26 pubmed..These results suggest that Psg18 is an FAE-specific marker protein that could promote interplay between FAE and immune cells in mucosa-associated lymphoid tissues. ..
- Katori M, Majima M. Are all individuals equally sensitive in the blood pressure to high salt intake? (Review article). Acta Physiol Hung. 2008;95:247-65 pubmed publisher..Large-scale clinical studies, under strict control of potassium intake, are needed to elucidate the relationship between salt-sensitivity and urinary kallikrein levels. ..
- Saito H, Tsurikisawa N, Tsuburai T, Oshikata C, Akiyama K. Cytokine production profile of CD4+ T cells from patients with active Churg-Strauss syndrome tends toward Th17. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;149 Suppl 1:61-5 pubmed publisher..Active CSS patients have elevated intracellular IL-17 and decreased IL-10 levels, which correlate with measures of disease activity, suggesting that Th17 and Tr1 may play important roles in the pathogenesis of CSS. ..
- Onda K, Yamaguchi M, Ohashi M, Sato R, Ochiai H, Iriki T, et al. Modification of the analysis of parathyroid hormone-related protein in milk and concentrations of this protein in commercial milk and milk products in Japan. J Dairy Sci. 2010;93:1861-7 pubmed publisher..The PTHrP concentration in infant formulas (<2nM) was lower than that in the other milk products. These results indicate that a certain amount of PTHrP is ingested when milk and milk products are consumed. ..
- Noguchi K, Hori D, Nomura Y, Tanaka H. Double aortic arch in an adult. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012;14:900-2 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the removal of the compressive portion of the left aortic arch and the ligation of the ligamentum arteriosum are the only treatment measures needed in such cases. ..
- Toyokura M. Within-subject consistency of sympathetic-skin-response waveform across different modalities of stimulation. Auton Neurosci. 2012;169:135-8 pubmed publisher..g., individual's emotional state, susceptibility to the surprise effect, and anatomical characteristic were important determinants of the SSR waveforms and maximum amplitude. ..
- Ono N, Yamazaki T, Tsukaguchi T, Fujii T, Sakata K, Suda A, et al. Enhanced antitumor activity of erlotinib in combination with the Hsp90 inhibitor CH5164840 against non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1346-52 pubmed publisher..Our results support the therapeutic potential of CH5164840 as a Hsp90 inhibitor for combination therapy with EGFR-targeting agents against EGFR-addicted NSCLC. ..
- Kakiuchi M, Nishizawa T, Ueda H, Gotoh K, Tanaka A, Hayashi A, et al. Recurrent gain-of-function mutations of RHOA in diffuse-type gastric carcinoma. Nat Genet. 2014;46:583-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a potential therapeutic target for this poor-prognosis subtype of gastric cancer with no available molecularly targeted drugs...
- Kikuchi M, Yamashita K, Waraya M, Minatani N, Ushiku H, Kojo K, et al. Epigenetic regulation of ZEB1-RAB25/ESRP1 axis plays a critical role in phenylbutyrate treatment-resistant breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1741-53 pubmed publisher..The genes associated with PB sensitivity are downstream targets of ZEB1. Epigenetic regulation of ZEB1 may prove valuable as a critical biomarker for predicting resistance to breast cancer therapies. ..
- Kobayashi I, Oka H, Naritaka H, Sato Y, Fujii K, Kameya T. Expression of Pit-1 and growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor mRNA in human pituitary adenomas: difference among functioning, silent, and other nonfunctioning adenomas. Endocr Pathol. 2002;13:83-98 pubmed
- Gokoh M, Kishimoto S, Oka S, Sugiura T. 2-Arachidonoylglycerol enhances the phagocytosis of opsonized zymosan by HL-60 cells differentiated into macrophage-like cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1199-205 pubmed
- Hashimoto A, Matsushita R, Iizuka N, Kimura M, Matsui T, Tanaka S, et al. Henoch-Schönlein pupura complicated by perforation of the gallbladder. Rheumatol Int. 2009;29:441-3 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that inflammatory disruption of capillary walls might lead to the perforation of the gallbladder. ..
- Kamata Y, Taniguchi A, Yamamoto M, Nomura J, Ishihara K, Takahara H, et al. Neutral cysteine protease bleomycin hydrolase is essential for the breakdown of deiminated filaggrin into amino acids. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12829-36 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that BH is essential for the synthesis of natural moisturizing factors and that calpain I would play a role as an upstream protease in the degradation of filaggrin. ..
- Kondo H, Kashino M. Involvement of the thalamocortical loop in the spontaneous switching of percepts in auditory streaming. J Neurosci. 2009;29:12695-701 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that feedforward and feedback processes in the thalamocortical loop are involved in the formation of percepts in auditory streaming. ..
- Tajima S, Maeda I, Kanemaki Y, Nakajima Y, Tatsunami S, Fukuda M, et al. Evaluation of CD56 and CD57 immunostainings for discrimination between endocrine ductal carcinoma in situ and intraductal papilloma. Pathol Int. 2010;60:459-65 pubmed publisher..05). We found that not only E-DCIS but also IDP revealed immunopositivity for CD56. However, it is considered that E-DCIS diagnosis is possible by diffuse immunopositivity of CD56 after having been based on histopathology. ..
- Kawata H, Arai S, Nakagawa T, Ishikura N, Nishimoto A, Yoshino H, et al. Biological properties of androgen receptor pure antagonist for treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer: optimization from lead compound to CH5137291. Prostate. 2011;71:1344-56 pubmed publisher..Agonist metabolite diminished the antitumor activity of AR pure antagonist. CH5137291 exhibited antitumor activity in LNCaP-BC2 and VCaP-CRPC xenograft models, suggesting that the compound has potential for the treatment of CRPC. ..
- Iwaoka M, Isozumi N. Hypervalent nonbonded interactions of a divalent sulfur atom. Implications in protein architecture and the functions. Molecules. 2012;17:7266-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, S···X interactions will be useful tools for protein engineering and the ligand design. ..
- Nagai K, Tominaga T, Ueda S, Shibata E, Tamaki M, Matsuura M, et al. Mesangial Cell Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Complex 1 Activation Results in Mesangial Expansion. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2879-2885 pubmed publisher..This report also confirms that the tamoxifen-induced mesangium-specific Cre-loxP system is useful for studies designed to clarify the role of the mesangium in glomerular diseases in adults. ..
- Seki T, Yasuda A, Oki M, Kitajima N, Takagi A, Nakajima N, et al. Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency Following Nivolumab Therapy in a Patient with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2017;42:115-120 pubmed..Our clinical observation could be useful to avoid a delay in diagnosis and to treat life-threatening adverse effects of nivolumab therapy, such as secondary adrenal insufficiency. ..
- Kubota M, Katagiri M, Imasaki T, Yanase N, Soma K, Tomita T. [Adenosine deaminase activity in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of sarcoidosis patients]. Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi. 1999;37:374-9 pubmed
- Maeda M, Mochida J, Toh E, Nishimura K, Nomura T. Nonsurgical treatment of an upper thoracic spinal subdural hemorrhage. Spinal Cord. 2001;39:657-61 pubmed..Magnetic resonance imaging at 3 months except for mild urinary retention. Spinal subdural hemorrhage can be treated nonoperatively by correlating magnetic resonance image findings with the clinical condition. ..
- Minato K, Honma S, Shinohara Y, Hashimoto T. Metabolism of osaterone acetate in dogs and humans. Steroids. 2005;70:563-72 pubmed..11 beta-Hydroxylation of exogenous steroids represents a distinctive biotransformation pathway. ..
- Okamura N, Nakadate H, Ishida K, Nakahara S, Isobe Y, Ohbu M, et al. Telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver in the perinatal period: case report. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2005;8:581-6 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, the present case is only the third documented case of congenital telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia. ..
- Kawaai K, Hisatsune C, Kuroda Y, Mizutani A, Tashiro T, Mikoshiba K. 80K-H interacts with inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) receptors and regulates IP3-induced calcium release activity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:372-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore 80K-H was found to regulate ATP-induced Ca2+ release in living cells. Thus, our findings suggest that 80K-H is a novel regulator of IP3R activity, and it may contribute to neuronal functions. ..
- Okada Y, Kamatani Y, Takahashi A, Matsuda K, Hosono N, Ohmiya H, et al. A genome-wide association study in 19 633 Japanese subjects identified LHX3-QSOX2 and IGF1 as adult height loci. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2303-12 pubmed publisher..26 cm (95% confidence interval: 1.18-1.34) per 1.0 increase of the normalized Z score for height-increasing alleles, explaining 4.6% of the total variance of adult height. ..
- Nakayama M, Okamoto M, Seino Y, Miyamoto S, Matsuki T, Ogawa A. Delayed wound infection after supracricoid partial laryngectomy following failure of high dose radiation. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011;268:273-9 pubmed publisher..quot;Delayed Wound Infection" was treatable and patients undergoing surgery after failure of high dose radiation should be managed with extra precaution, but should not be excluded from the indications for SCPL...
- Ohta E, Kawakami F, Kubo M, Obata F. Dominant-negative effects of LRRK2 heterodimers: a possible mechanism of neurodegeneration in Parkinson's disease caused by LRRK2 I2020T mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:560-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the possibility of a dominant-negative mechanism of neurodegeneration in PD caused by I2020T LRRK2 mutation. ..
- Ohkura N, Ito M, Tsukada T, Sasaki K, Yamaguchi K, Miki K. Structure, mapping and expression of a human NOR-1 gene, the third member of the Nur77/NGFI-B family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1308:205-14 pubmed..This suggests that the Nur77/NGFI-B family has evolved from a common ancestral gene. Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) revealed that the gene is located on chromosome 9q. ..
- Kudo H. [A case of chronic erosive polyarthritis which developed 14 years after an intestinal bypass operation with subsequent remission by intestinal revision]. Ryumachi. 2001;41:880-7 pubmed..After the revision the severe pain of the arthritis began to subside gradually, and 1 year and 6 months later the patient achieved complete remission of the arthritis, and her CRP and ESR values returned to normal. ..
- Ohta Y, Hamada Y, Saitoh N, Katsuoka K. Effect of the transcriptional repressor Mad1 on proliferation of human melanoma cells. Exp Dermatol. 2002;11:439-47 pubmed..Our results indicating that Mad1 gene transfer inhibits the proliferation of human melanoma cells suggest that Mad1 could be a potentially useful candidate for the modification of genes against malignancies. ..
- Miyachi K, Hankins R, Matsushima H, Kikuchi F, Inomata T, Horigome T, et al. Profile and clinical significance of anti-nuclear envelope antibodies found in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis: a multicenter study. J Autoimmun. 2003;20:247-54 pubmed..This difference was found to be statistically significant. The presence of anti-p62 complex antibody may be related with the progressive or advanced state of PBC. ..
- Sasao S, Beppu M, Kihara H, Hirata K, Takagi M. An anatomical study of the ligaments of the ulnar compartment of the wrist. Hand Surg. 2003;8:219-26 pubmed
- Okitsu N, Kaieda S, Yano H, Nakano R, Hosaka Y, Okamoto R, et al. Characterization of ermB gene transposition by Tn1545 and Tn917 in macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:168-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in Japanese macrolide-resistant S. pneumoniae isolates, the ermB gene is carried and spread primarily by Tn917...
- Sugai K, Ito M, Tateishi I, Funabiki T, Nishikawa M. Neonatal periventricular leukomalacia due to severe, poorly controlled asthma in the mother. Allergol Int. 2006;55:207-12 pubmed..Pregnant patients with poorly controlled asthma should be advised of the great risk of this condition to the fetus. Also, patients should be assured of the safety of modern asthma treatments. ..
- Sato T, Kokuba Y, Koizumi W, Hayakawa K, Okayasu I, Watanabe M. Phase I trial of neoadjuvant preoperative chemotherapy with S-1 and irinotecan plus radiation in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;69:1442-7 pubmed..Although our results are preliminary, this new neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy was considered safe and active, meriting further investigation in Phase II studies. ..
- Nishizaki R, Ota M, Inoko H, Meguro A, Shiota T, Okada E, et al. New susceptibility locus for high myopia is linked to the uromodulin-like 1 (UMODL1) gene region on chromosome 21q22.3. Eye (Lond). 2009;23:222-9 pubmed publisher..Together this region might play a critical role for susceptibility to high myopia, and warrants further confirming studies and investigations as to the mechanisms by which UMODL1 may contribute to myopia. ..
- Ogata S, Ogihara Y, Nomoto K, Akiyama K, Nakahata Y, Sato K, et al. Clinical score and transcript abundance patterns identify Kawasaki disease patients who may benefit from addition of methylprednisolone. Pediatr Res. 2009;66:577-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, those transcripts in group B2 patients were more profoundly and broadly suppressed than group B1 patients after treatment. This study elucidated the molecular mechanism of the effectiveness of IVIG-plus-IVMP combined therapy. ..
- Yoshioka N, Suzuki N, Uekawa A, Kiguchi K, Ishizuka B. POU6F1 is the transcription factor that might be involved in cell proliferation of clear cell adenocarcinoma of the ovary. Hum Cell. 2009;22:94-100 pubmed publisher..Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the ovary shows little response to standard therapy. The results of the present study suggest that the transcription factor POU6F1 could be a new molecular target for treatment of this cancer. ..
- Yamashita A, Kumazawa T, Koga H, Suzuki N, Oka S, Sugiura T. Generation of lysophosphatidylinositol by DDHD domain containing 1 (DDHD1): Possible involvement of phospholipase D/phosphatidic acid in the activation of DDHD1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:711-20 pubmed publisher..Similar observations for the production of arachidonic acid-containing LPI in neuroblastoma cells suggest the DDHD1-LPI-GPR55 axis to be involved in functions in the brain. ..
- Tominaga M, Horiuchi Y, Ichikawa M, Yamashita M, Okano K, Jikumaru Y, et al. Flow cytometric analysis of peripheral blood and tumor-infiltrating regulatory T cells in dogs with oral malignant melanoma. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:438-41 pubmed..A better understanding of the underlying mechanisms of Treg regulation in patients with cancer may lead to an effective anticancer immunotherapy against canine malignant melanoma and possibly other tumors. ..
- Tomioka I, Maeda T, Shimada H, Kawai K, Okada Y, Igarashi H, et al. Generating induced pluripotent stem cells from common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) fetal liver cells using defined factors, including Lin28. Genes Cells. 2010;15:959-69 pubmed publisher..In summary, we generated marmoset iPS cells via the transduction of six transcription factors; this provides a powerful preclinical model for studies in regenerative medicine. ..
- Akazawa D, Morikawa K, Omi N, Takahashi H, Nakamura N, Mochizuki H, et al. Production and characterization of HCV particles from serum-free culture. Vaccine. 2011;29:4821-8 pubmed publisher..ApoB and ApoE antibody-depletion assays suggested that infection of serum-free cultured HCV was independent of ApoB and ApoE proteins. These data suggest that lipids conjugated with HCV affect infection and neutralization. ..
- Fujikawa A, Matsuoka S, Kuramochi K, Yoshikawa T, Yagihashi K, Kurihara Y, et al. Vascular enhancement and image quality of CT venography: comparison of standard and low kilovoltage settings. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011;197:838-43 pubmed publisher..The mean effective dose for the low-kVp protocol was significantly lower than that for the standard-kVp protocol. Lowering the kVp setting for CTV examinations improved vascular enhancement while providing sufficient image quality. ..
- Hattori Y, Ubara Y, Sumida K, Hiramatsu R, Hasegawa E, Yamanouchi M, et al. Tocilizumab improves cardiac disease in a hemodialysis patient with AA amyloidosis secondary to rheumatoid arthritis. Amyloid. 2012;19:37-40 pubmed publisher..Although AA amyloidosis of the gastrointestinal tract has already been reported to be improved by tocilizumab, this is the first report on improvement of myocardial hypertrophy as well as dialysis hypotension. ..
- Yoshii F. [Pain and sensory disturbance in Parkinson disease]. Brain Nerve. 2012;64:364-72 pubmed..Physicians also should bear in mind that psychological factors are major components of pain and that patient education and support are critical to successful treatment. ..
- Yanagisawa N, Ichinoe M, Mikami T, Nakada N, Hana K, Koizumi W, et al. High expression of L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) predicts poor prognosis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas. J Clin Pathol. 2012;65:1019-23 pubmed publisher..LAT1 aberrant overexpression in PDAC predicts poor prognosis, independent of Ki-67 LI, and offers a potential target for future anticancer therapy with its inhibitors. ..
- Nakamura T, Hirota T, Mizushima K, Ohki K, Naito Y, Yamamoto N, et al. Milk-derived peptides, Val-Pro-Pro and Ile-Pro-Pro, attenuate atherosclerosis development in apolipoprotein e-deficient mice: a preliminary study. J Med Food. 2013;16:396-403 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a continuous intake of VPP and IPP might be beneficial for preventing atherosclerosis caused by hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Noguchi M, Tachimori H, Naganuma Y, Zhao X, Kono T, Horii S, et al. Families' opinions about caring for patients with psychiatric disorders after involuntary hospitalization in Japan. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2016;62:167-75 pubmed publisher..It is important to know families' opinions about patients' living situations after discharge from involuntary hospitalization to provide them with an effective support system. ..
- Okada Y, Yanagida N, Sato S, Ebisawa M. Better management of wheat allergy using a very low-dose food challenge: A retrospective study. Allergol Int. 2016;65:82-7 pubmed publisher..001). A VL OFC can shift the management of some low-dose reactive wheat-allergic children from complete avoidance to partial wheat intake. ..
- Hu H, Kurotani K, Sasaki N, Murakami T, Shimizu C, Shimizu M, et al. Optimal waist circumference cut-off points and ability of different metabolic syndrome criteria for predicting diabetes in Japanese men and women: Japan Epidemiology Collaboration on Occupational Health Study. BMC Public Health. 2016;16:220 pubmed publisher..The JIS criteria can detect more people who later develop DM than does the JCCMS criteria. ..
- Matsukura S, Osakabe Y, Sekiguchi A, Inoue D, Kakiuchi Y, Funaki T, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-155 suppresses chemokine expression induced by Interleukin-13 in BEAS-2B human bronchial epithelial cells. Allergol Int. 2016;65 Suppl:S17-23 pubmed publisher..miR-155 specifically inhibits IL-13-induced expression of eosinophilic chemokines CCL11 and CCL26 in bronchial epithelial cells, even though the 3'-untranslated region of these genes do not contain a consensus binding site for miR-155. ..
- Namera A, Saito T, Ota S, Miyazaki S, Oikawa H, Murata K, et al. Optimization and application of octadecyl-modified monolithic silica for solid-phase extraction of drugs in whole blood samples. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1517:9-17 pubmed publisher..3%. These results indicate that the developed method based on monolithic silica is convenient, highly efficient, and applicable for detecting drugs in whole blood samples. ..
- Sakakura Y, Hirabayashi J, Oda Y, Ohyama Y, Kasai K. Structure of chicken 16-kDa beta-galactoside-binding lectin. Complete amino acid sequence, cloning of cDNA, and production of recombinant lectin. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:21573-9 pubmed..A recombinant C-16 lectin was produced in Escherichia coli. The product was indistinguishable from the authentic C-16 lectin except that the NH2 terminus of the former was found to begin with free methionine. ..
- Matsuno A, Yoshida S, Basugi N, Itoh S, Tanaka J. Severe subarachnoid hemorrhage during transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary adenoma. Surg Neurol. 1993;39:276-8 pubmed..In a case of pituitary adenoma operated by the transsphenoidal approach the possibility of subarachnoid hemorrhage due to this type of arterial injury, though rare, should be kept in mind. ..
- Yokoyama M, Nishi Y, Miyamoto Y, Nakamura M, Akiyama K, Matsubara K, et al. Molecular cloning of a human neuroD from a neuroblastoma cell line specifically expressed in the fetal brain and adult cerebellum. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;42:135-9 pubmed..The results suggest that the human as well as the mouse neuroD may play some important functions not only in the fetal brain but also in the fetal brain but also in the matured neurons of the cerebellum. ..
- Horie R, Watanabe M, Okamura T, Taira M, Shoda M, Motoji T, et al. DHMEQ, a new NF-kappaB inhibitor, induces apoptosis and enhances fludarabine effects on chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells. Leukemia. 2006;20:800-6 pubmed..Results of this study suggest that inhibition of constitutive and inducible NF-kappaB by DHMEQ in combination with fludarabine is a promising strategy for the treatment of CLL. ..
- Morita S, Shibata M, Nakagawa Y, Yamamoto I, Inokuchi S. Successful hemostasis of intractable nasal bleeding with a Sengstaken-Blakemore tube. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;134:1053-4 pubmed
- Yamashita M, Higashi T, Suetsugu S, Sato Y, Ikeda T, Shirakawa R, et al. Crystal structure of human DAAM1 formin homology 2 domain. Genes Cells. 2007;12:1255-65 pubmed..The results of the actin assembly assays using the DAAM1 mutants demonstrated that the length of the linker connecting the N-terminal domain and the core region is crucial for the activity. ..
- Okutomi T, Saito M, Mochizuki J, Amano K, Hoka S. A double-blind randomized controlled trial of patient-controlled epidural analgesia with or without a background infusion following initial spinal analgesia for labor pain. Int J Obstet Anesth. 2009;18:28-32 pubmed publisher..This double-blind study investigated the effect of CBI with PCEA following spinal analgesia on the local anesthetic requirements of parturients during labor...
- Matsumoto A, Inoue A, Yokoi S, Nozumi K, Miyazaki K, Hosoki S, et al. Evaluation of docetaxel plus estramustine in the treatment of patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Int J Urol. 2009;16:687-91 pubmed publisher..Docetaxel plus estramustine chemotherapy represents an active and well tolerated treatment for Japanese HRPC patients. ..
- Ishiyama H, Nakamura R, Satoh T, Tanji S, Teh B, Uemae M, et al. Matched-pair analysis and dosimetric variations of two types of software for interstitial permanent brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Med Dosim. 2012;37:84-6 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that use of different software could lead to different dosimetric results, which might affect the clinical outcomes. ..
- Osawa M, Tsuji T, Yukawa N, Saito T, Takeichi S. Cloning and sequence analysis of cDNA encoding rabbit vitamin D-binding protein (Gc globulin). Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1994;34:1003-9 pubmed..In comparison with DBP amino acid sequences of other species, there are at least four heterogeneous regions. In contrast, a putative actin binding domain was conserved in the evolution process. ..
- Kameda Y. Evidence to support the distal vagal ganglion as the origin of C cells of the ultimobranchial gland in the chick. J Comp Neurol. 1995;359:1-14 pubmed..e., C cells differentiate along the neuronal lineage. During embryonic development, C cells of the chick ultimobranchial glands transiently express a number of neuronal properties...
- Utsuki S, Oka H, Sato Y, Kawano N, Tsuchiya B, Kobayashi I, et al. Invasive meningioma is associated with a low expression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin. Clin Neuropathol. 2005;24:8-12 pubmed..These results suggest that a reduction in cell adhesion molecules and increased proliferative activity may be related, which may lead to a better understanding of the mechanism of meningioma expansion in the future. ..